Let's make world conquest easier for Zephiel - Let's play Ironman Fire Emblem 6, without skills!

Saint Rubenio

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, yeah, extensive use of healing magic could be considered reanimation, just like CPR, I suppose.

I think a defibrillator would be a more accurate example.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shit, I spoiled it!

Ah, no matter. Mark's lack of involvement in the story isn't that great of a reveal. Mostly because, well, I've nothing to work with if I wanted to include Mark into the story. Standing in front of trees turns him invisible! how am I supposed to do anything with that?

You don't need to build a full backstory for Mark in BB if you've got one ready from BS.

(Sorry about the lack of updates lately, should be back soon. And it is the lack of updates on the thread, I'm still ahead in game because Lyn mode.

There was also the Route B Ruben to use as well, now that I think about it.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No. Give it up, you can't win!

I wasn't trying to, just stating the obvious.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But... every other game in the console had feet in it... Luigi's Mansion 2 never did crash on my 3DS, and I'll have you know, my 3DS was a second-hand version of the first model. As in, it's old as heck.

I need to replay that game. It has one of those endings that's capable of making me feel funny in the chest everytime I see it, it's too nice. Also, Luigi.

Do Miis not? I'd have to look again.

Also, it's very possible they were working off a lower spec than the actual console. The game came out in 2012 in Japan and while it was a year after the console's release, they could have still been trying to keep a conservative estimate to prevent the game from being too much of a resource hog and have started much closer to the console's release and not known what they could do with it.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Finally, I got you to say Dougy instead of just Douglas! Soon, the entirety of the FE community will be calling him Dougy!

With that line I had to. Douglas just doesn't fit as well.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's basic druidic stuff, that. It's also why Canas died: he summoned an illusion to distract the plot snowstorm, but because he was such a big-hearted dork, he felt bad and went in to save the illusion, sacrificing his life. Then it didn't matter, because it was nothing more than an illusion that faded away with him.

...man, that's sad, I wish I didn't suggest that.

How... How could you do this?

Wait I'd already done something similar in the last post.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

By that logic, they would've argued Dougy sucks because he's a prepromote without growths, which are the two capital sins of FE for them. Meaning, since they're wrong, Dougy's 10/10 toptier unit, amirite?

No, it means that you're arguing that Douglas isn't worse than two units who are among the most difficult to use in the series.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And Barth. He's still alive, if you didn't remember.

Wait, is that why the brick moved?

That.... came out wrong.

It's only recently I realised Pretzel actually had meaning as a name: PRogeny of ETZEL

Man, talk about necroposting. This post was so necro, it wasn't even posted in the dead thread itself, but its successor! This LP inherited its crickety old pa's necroposts, that's how old it is! Man, half a year sure is a long time!

About the thing itself... huh. That was obviously an unintended side-effect. Not sure how I feel about it, either, Pretzel doesn't deserve such good things.

You did name him before NMotE happened.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

v0qt2Z7.png

First off, Perceval has decided to rebel against his fate to be the greatest unit ever. And that's not all: somehow...

PUwc10R.png

...his rebellious schemes have affected the one and only Marcus as well, albeit negatively in his case. Blistering barnacles! What can I possibly do?!

This is getting out of hand, something seems off.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

7HA2zPX.png

Minerva is also coming, because as a level 10 Wyvern Rider with huge bases, I decided I could give her my Elysian Whip in order to obtain a very solid "prepromote" that'll be vital to get through the remainder of the route.

This sounds too reasonable from you.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, the map. For starters, I want to make this perfectly clear: do not put the Sacae gameplay in the same bag as the plot. I know I've said this already, but I find it necessary to repeat it now: this is not a faithful representation of Matthis and co.'s adventures. It is NOT. NOT AT ALL. Understand? I'll say it yet again: the gameplay portion of this update (and the next Sacae updates for that matter) are NOT representative of the adventures of the Archaneans. We're clear on that point? Good.

See, initially I stuck to little edits, because I didn't want to screw the rom up too much. Then it hit me, "hey, I can just use another rom for Sacae!". Then I proceeded to go absolutely nuts on the poor thing, like Dr. Frankenstein before me, until...

Well, if there's something to jumpstart the interest....

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...this came to be.

So, this chapter. It used to be a FoW map that used to have unreachable bolting assholes and ballisticians with a 25 turn limit that used to matter with treasure to waste time with and a few pretty dangerous units around, like a Wo Dao Swordmaster, the aforementioned bolting assholes, etc. Overall, I'd say that, for once, this chapter is actually easier than its Ilian counterpart. Ilia had sleep staves all over the place, purge (which is more accurate than bolting -- actually, quick edit here, no, it isn't, but Bishops tend to be more skilled than Sages, so there's that), nosferatu Druids, NPCs to protect, the treasure was not as neatly placed as it is here, and overall, it had more roadblocks than this one.

There's also the fact that, well...

I always found the layout on this one a bit too tight. Then again, faster enemies here. Not as much as the rest of the route though.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

5Bqzoaa.png

It looks like shit. I figured I might as well emphasize that fact, since some of you may not've noticed it. To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand this map.

Rormand did a lot to the building I see. That Fortify Buildings came in handy after all.

Also hell itself seems to have been the theme of this place.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

o4sYCvH.png

Of course, this also means Marcus has been affected, since they share the same class. In a very heroic and tragic moment, Marcus declared his intent to sacrifice himself to ensure the stability of the universe by keeping Perceval in his rightful place as the best unit ever. I cried.

Marcus doesn't approve of the shenanigans.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

iP5aJeM.png

Wait, what...?

Heh heh heh... did you truly believe all that teary nonsense?

Whelp, the universe is truly screwed.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

THE KING IN THE SOUTH!

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

m4WY36a.png7HepByS.png

Oh, and that's not all. I also crafted a personal sword for him by using forbidden magic! Make no mistake: if you read "king of Bern" there, that just means you've got dyslexia.

(Yes, Niime is now a Morgan. Are you gonna judge her? Check your privilege before commiting such a crime against political correctness!)

The sword seems to be poisoned by these shenanigans.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mq1DxIa.png

Why, by handing over his new personal weapon to him!

f3QPgQg.png

Destroy!

Jerrot's gotten a pretty sick sword there.

Also I see a bunch of generics in Matthis's forces. No wonder Perceval sucks, he's this force's SD Matthis!

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

arWqwT0.png9lCWEQX.png

Gaze upon the abyss as it consumes you!

Those are the real big numbers

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

2DOfGvM.png

Your last!

See? SD Matthis right here.

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AedMKYn.pngElES5m5.pngm9dQX4c.png

That you were, maybe even the brilliantest. Sadly, I couldn't find a way to change the portrait with my very basic hacking skills, but that's all right.

The salt has broken through the mantle. Soon it'll hit the core.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

pZuMDoj.png

Ergh... okay, let's move on.

What even is this Fae portrait?

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

tThc7uu.png6NXvoF2.pngTu4lVtv.png

Roy gets the speed this time around.

The Morgan sqaud is in full swing.

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

OUA9iAT.pngxq6kU5V.png

She has been through much, okay. You're not even going to acknowledge the fact that your clan is dead? No? Okay.

I don't think all of the Kutolah died. Just the ones she was riding with.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

4tTHhFz.pngBTsqNh6.pngGSsvpzX.png

Isn't that a nice symbol?

At least it isn't that dark tongue of Sauron's. Maybe it's on the Fire Emblem?

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

VDm1jjJ.pngbP8x3E2.png

Dayan seems a bit odd here.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

j3DogtL.png

Dayan is not bad. He has pretty good base stats (far better than Juno's) and he has access to bows, so he can fight against those pesky Wyverns in the final chapters. Not to mention, his huge con of 16, which can even lift Dougy, means he's a far better rescuebot than Juno. All Juno has going for her is the ability to fly over hazards, and really, at this point of the game, that's not good at all.

Of course, this is all ignoring Dayan's crippling flaw: the fact that he appears only in Sacae. As much as I'd like to use him, it just won't happen.

He still isn't as high as unpromoted Shin.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

B9gymm8.png

He is also still just as slow as his Ilian counterpart, which is baffling, to say the least.

Douglas never worried about haste. It might have moved him away from the king's side.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TU9EuNv.pngtDXQ3Jq.png

Sheesh, this murderchicken is completely useless!

Faeuigi is not something I expected to see.

Do you not like Luigi?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hxuinPQ.pngtw7unT9.png

It's time to face Roartz. For whatever reason, he's an amazing Sage with a random fortify staff in this route. His HP will be his downfall, though.

I know, he had one less HP when he killed Morgan. Let's say he leveled up from that and got one HP.

Of course, there is only one way I could possibly deal with this boss... and that is...

WITH THE BEST UNIT IN THE GAME, OF COURSE!!

I think he's surely higher than Leygance based off this, is he?

Of course he would be in your eyes killing Not!Percy.

EddXMLl.pngs5heuQY.png4eLhIcs.png6ifPMfw.png

Dayan's just squinting at Roartz so tight he can barely see at this point.

e9ev8mb.pngzvKKfKt.png0hySQAh.png

Ah yeah, that sounds about right.

Albertus being invincible would have been nice too though.

oGygLIH.pngufIZp5r.pngGcUePnL.pnglvA4MOy.png

Roartz and perfect plan seem to be very dissonant. Rormand gives him too much credit.

OlRjlEh.pngSG8Z0rn.png

The unknown entity has a (until now unheard) narrator.

9mc4Dpk.pngsm30hEj.pngK5Qj4uZ.png

So that happened.

You have to wonder, how is it so easy to get caught like that.

762GFUR.pngFYBotiZ.png

Wrys the White Yellow!

jO2HCDT.pngvoFuwyj.pngHogfwQA.pngjCrmTiP.png

Coma Wrys?

So they didn't bury him? Who covered for that.

uDlAr0l.pngecRRuEB.pngBrqCWsy.pngqzF3Z9Y.png

Wait, this plan?

Humphrey really needs to realise he's been bamboozled before and think before plotting to get skull bricks.

9KzCM7o.pngBn74XOm.pngAml0UeP.png

I'm sorry, could you hold the phone a second?

BECAUSE I FUCKING CALLED IT!

3ACfZDm.pngYOo5k4I.pngVRWbJxB.pngld0HioI.png

Well that's a bit awkward isn't it?

Least she didn't do more than a couple of punches right?

Last time that music was used.... Uh oh.

UZXLMpF.pngYX58Npo.png

Wait what.

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. I'M NOT SURE I CAN PUT THEM ALL DOWN.

hpaRQcx.png

Well, you can't say Lugh was a cold child.

Also, will we ever know what was in Lugh?

Regardless, next time involved annoying walls that Eclipse could fix and annoying staves.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This chapter really felt like an anime filler episode where you don't know wtf is going on and why am I even watching it. But unlike those, this was actually enjoyable.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YjrVdxg.png

Eh, it's all right, he can use that not shabby at all bulk of his. 1190 con, holy fuck, and we complained about Dougy being too heavy. Strangely enough, even with all that con, he still can't rescue Merlinus like Percy can.

1190 Con? It's not a Paladin, it's an Island.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

RftF4Ru.png

Pfffffft... that face. If nothing else, you got a funny sprite, Fae.

Wait, it's... it's a Pokémon. I just didn't realize so far why Fa barely looks like a dragon.

Just stumbled upon this, and it's definitely entertaining. Really sad Lugh (my favorite, along with Cecilia and Raigh) got thrown through all the worst stuff though with dying, getting possessed and now dying again. And poor Raigh losing him multiple times and failing to save him after trying so hard. Maybe he can still find some way to save or resurrect him like Bramimond did.

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

DCUOp6c.png

vtBwRk9.pngzbJyJ9F.png

yC2rdNy.pngCFo3PRk.png

mdqvEvL.png

v3T9uQ9.pngf9B0bfO.png

FSoQZob.png

AcFTr4n.pngKPMC6k9.png

77AQFYl.pngUI3kEkW.png

XaLdKlR.png

ZPRonEu.png

GDHR4Qb.png

iqIimPN.png

M10Hq4W.pngvcUky3O.png

Ibo1XXy.png

NlWkg20.pngU8xroZ9.png

K2BMmBM.png

wQVrWyG.png

BC5MUxy.png

rtq4Ga7.pngMeL0JJd.png

Zril394.png

eVfC8R6.pngOOuXhbb.png

SCwcpkd.png

h03gGsp.png

yGa44Dx.png

I4sW5kw.png

o6dUPFz.pngTUncJqN.png

wApmiFn.png

ivDbbPW.png

ODDavh4.png

4VcZrjn.pngJ2jxyVB.png

sspyVdn.png

eNo8zsw.png

l6e8WVA.pngp93mRx2.png

IP7EUJG.png

yteGz6j.png

KFVN9a3.png

0MLgBwZ.png

idxy1PK.png

sBZS81Y.png

tCffPB4.png

gmgsADp.pngSiqQldz.pngqjHGT3i.png

jUZ7HZc.png

gFYrv4r.png

CrpquU7.png

Part 43 - Where's Walldo?

On 15/5/2018 at 1:17 AM, Dayni said:

I think a defibrillator would be a more accurate example.

Eh, fair enough.

You don't need to build a full backstory for Mark in BB if you've got one ready from BS.

True, but the last time I played FE7 was in... uh... years ago, I can tell you that much.

(Sorry about the lack of updates lately, should be back soon. And it is the lack of updates on the thread, I'm still ahead in game because Lyn mode.

Take your time, it's all right.

There was also the Route B Ruben to use as well, now that I think about it.

No, remember that he died alongside Elen back in the desert... or did he?

I wasn't trying to, just stating the obvious.

Perhaps so, but you still cannot win!

Do Miis not? I'd have to look again.

I think so, yes. Tiny ones, but they exist.

Also, it's very possible they were working off a lower spec than the actual console. The game came out in 2012 in Japan and while it was a year after the console's release, they could have still been trying to keep a conservative estimate to prevent the game from being too much of a resource hog and have started much closer to the console's release and not known what they could do with it.

It makes enough sense, I guess.

With that line I had to. Douglas just doesn't fit as well.

Dougy's a great name. If he's ever released in Heroes, and later gets an alt, I hope they'll call him "Dougy, Summer General". He'll wear a T-Shirt with Mordred's face on it. Brilliant idea, right? No need to credit me, IntSys, I'll be a Hero of Shadow...

...wait... like... Pretzel?! NO! GAAAAAH!

How... How could you do this?

Wait I'd already done something similar in the last post.

To be fair, you haven't half-assed a plot based around cleaving Raigh's heart into a million tiny pieces. And Lugh's throat in half.

At least this means I can finally fulfill the dream I've always had since five minutes ago, to be able to say "at least now there's a man for each woman in the fires of hell". See if you can understand what I'm trying to say here. Too soon? Too soon.

No, it means that you're arguing that Douglas isn't worse than two units who are among the most difficult to use in the series.

I don't think anyone would argue Dougy is worse than those two. Well, anyone not on Gamefaqs, that is.

Wait, is that why the brick moved?

Indeed.

That.... came out wrong.

Am I supposed to know why Takumi's trying to break the floor with his face?

You did name him before NMotE happened.

Sheesh... that's some time gone by.

This is getting out of hand, something seems off.

Perceval, that knave... he'll be the best unit ever, whether he likes it or not!

This sounds too reasonable from you.

Didn't fool ya, did I? Hwahahah...

Well, if there's something to jumpstart the interest....

No, I don't think so. It's more like, a new sort of interest has arisen. The other one's decomposing at this point.

I always found the layout on this one a bit too tight. Then again, faster enemies here. Not as much as the rest of the route though.

The tight layout just means enemies can't gangbang any given unit.

Rormand did a lot to the building I see. That Fortify Buildings came in handy after all.

Rormand for Heroes, with the special ability to build walls to stop the enemy and make them pay for them?

Also hell itself seems to have been the theme of this place.

Nah, I don't think so. See, Rinea, Flora, Sigurd and Lugh are nowhere to be seen!

Heheheh... I'm a horrible person.

Marcus doesn't approve of the shenanigans.

Oh, he does... believe me he does.

Whelp, the universe is truly screwed.

Screwed? You mean BLESSED!

THE KING IN THE SOUTH!

THE KING IN THE...

...oh, dear me, not another reference I don't get! Is this Roundabout again?!

The sword seems to be poisoned by these shenanigans.

Poisoned with greatness!

Jerrot's gotten a pretty sick sword there.

The enemy will be sick because of it, all right.

Also I see a bunch of generics in Matthis's forces.

Dangit, how many times do I have to tell you, that's not Matthis' army! It's... an acid trip! Lay off the drugs, you!

No wonder Perceval sucks, he's this force's SD Matthis!

Ergh...

Q9V9NWQ.png

Not quite. Maybe the army's... real unimportant guy from SD who isn't Tomas-unimportant... ah, of course! He's the army's Dol--

htTomiN.png

Macellan!

Those are the real big numbers

Aren't they? Still not as great as Perceval's.

See? SD Matthis right here.

I will defer to my previous response to this.

The salt has broken through the mantle. Soon it'll hit the core.

Yes, please do.

What even is this Fae portrait?

I don't know. I just threw random filters at it on Gimp.

The Morgan sqaud is in full swing.

Indeed! The Morgan sqaud shall destroy everything! Much unlike that shitty Morgan squad!

I don't think all of the Kutolah died. Just the ones she was riding with.

I thought those were all of the Kutolah. But I may be mistaken.

Isn't that a nice symbol?

At least it isn't that dark tongue of Sauron's. Maybe it's on the Fire Emblem?

That would make a whole lot of sense.

Dayan seems a bit odd here.

Who knows wh--

Ah, that was resolved in the same update. No point in being all subtle.

He still isn't as high as unpromoted Shin.

Who cares about Sue's brother? Even she doesn't give a damn!

Douglas never worried about haste. It might have moved him away from the king's side.

He will walk the distance, slowly but surely.

Faeuigi is not something I expected to see.

Do you not like Luigi?

Actually, I love him. He's one of my all-time favourite videogame characters. I just threw him in there because I had no ideas.

I think he's surely higher than Leygance based off this, is he?

Of course he would be in your eyes killing Not!Percy.

Not really. He can't be thrown in the same sack as those other guys, because he was recruitable.

Dayan's just squinting at Roartz so tight he can barely see at this point.

His portrait is permanently squinting already, so that's easy to picture.

Ah yeah, that sounds about right.

Albertus being invincible would have been nice too though.

Ah, don't discard that just yet...

Roartz and perfect plan seem to be very dissonant. Rormand gives him too much credit.

The words "Roartz" and "perfect plan" mix about as well as this.

The unknown entity has a (until now unheard) narrator.

Fitting.

So that happened.

You have to wonder, how is it so easy to get caught like that.

It's because Wrys' magic is powerful! I am glad I took him with me!

Wrys the White Yellow!

And red. Y'know, blood, fire...? Too soon, again?

Coma Wrys?

So they didn't bury him? Who covered for that.

Perhaps we'll find out later.

Wait, this plan?

Humphrey really needs to realise he's been bamboozled before and think before plotting to get skull bricks.

Humphrey needs to give up his plans for encouragement of the building industry and go home.

I'm sorry, could you hold the phone a second?

BECAUSE I FUCKING CALLED IT!

Heheh... that you did. I'll have you know, back then, I already had this moment in mind, so... yes, you did call it.

Well that's a bit awkward isn't it?

Least she didn't do more than a couple of punches right?

Or five...

Last time that music was used.... Uh oh.

I just love that song, honestly.

Wait what.

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. I'M NOT SURE I CAN PUT THEM ALL DOWN.

Well, I can't do it for you, so you'll have to try if you want them to ever be answered.

Well, you can't say Lugh was a cold child.

Oof, too soon man.

Also, will we ever know what was in Lugh?

Eh. Perhaps. I'd thought it was obvious, though.

Regardless, next time involved annoying walls that Eclipse could fix and annoying staves.

1- Eclipse would be an unnecessary fix, these are no 100 HP walls.

2- I didn't give them the chance to be annoying. You'll see what I mean... suffice to say, they suffered lots of pain.

On 15/5/2018 at 2:13 AM, SoloCross said:

Percival knows Resurrect!?

...was he actually Gill all along?

Oh, no, two in a row!? Who's Gill?! Is... is it Roundabout again?!?!

On 15/5/2018 at 9:21 AM, eclipse said:

There should be a counter for "number of times Raigh's heart is broken" at this point. :P:

Let us see...

1- Inmediately after recruiting him, Chad informs Raigh of his brother's death.

2- Brother returns, but Raigh realises that he's not himself anymore.

3- Raigh has to witness his brother murder Wrys and Elen in cold blood.

4- Raigh's life is saved by his brother, but is forced to leave him behind after watching him lose control of himself.

5- Just as Raigh begins to think he might actually be able to save his brother, Lugh pulls a Lorenz.

Five. For now. Jeez...

On 15/5/2018 at 11:11 AM, Mad-manakete said:

I no longer know if the Sacae route is actually Sacae at this stage, or just Moonside pretending to be Sacae.

That's... actually a really cool comparison that I did not think of. A great first contribution to the thread! Keep 'em coming!

On 15/5/2018 at 5:31 PM, Garlyle said:

This chapter really felt like an anime filler episode where you don't know wtf is going on and why am I even watching it. But unlike those, this was actually enjoyable.

I can't think of many filler episodes where major characters are killed off / revealed to be alive.

1190 Con? It's not a Paladin, it's an Island.

It's the PaIsland!

Wait, it's... it's a Pokémon. I just didn't realize so far why Fa barely looks like a dragon.

Does that mean I get to say "FAE, I CHOOSE YOU!" next update?

On 17/5/2018 at 2:42 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Whoa, yet another new reader? Perhaps I should Sigurd little kids off more often...

Just joking, just joking, don't call the FBI on me yet.

Just stumbled upon this, and it's definitely entertaining.

Thanks a lot! Stay, and you'll be very glad you did... I hope!

Really sad Lugh (my favorite, along with Cecilia and Raigh) got thrown through all the worst stuff though with dying, getting possessed and now dying again.

To quote Jar Jar Binks's creator, "I may have gone too far in a few places...".

And poor Raigh losing him multiple times and failing to save him after trying so hard. Maybe he can still find some way to save or resurrect him like Bramimond did.

At least it seems the worst is over... or is it? Find out whenever!

Spoiler

XYQZM1U.png1y9UL5o.png6p3TYNo.png

These gaiden intro narrations are so uninspired.

Ks2i6Io.pngyQl7jRJ.pngWt4XLjg.pngpTrq5ra.pngvUNsOrt.pngkh6O64d.png

Trading. Why, yes, I did forget to give Niime her angelic robe. First Lilina, then Niime... what's with me and forgetting to give women their clothes? I'm going to be an awful boyfriend if I ever am to hook up. Which is highly unlikely, as we know.

Aside from that, Cecilia gives up her aircalibur tome since she's a far better staffbot than she is a fighter. Lilina takes a fire tome because I'm running out of anima tomes, and Hugh grabs the purge tome.

uqLCe2z.png

Let's begin before I blow my brains out.

lTwP5fb.png

Enter Tick, our newest boss and naming cataclysm (is it an insect? Is it a clock? No! It's a crappy throwaway boss!). Remember how I said Morgan is the most generic of all generic bosses to have ever genericked? No? Well, shut up, it's now LP canon that I said that at some point.

So yeah, remember how I said that? Well... this guy's second-place.

wWF8N1y.png14XGzX5.png8AFyXGs.png

This guy's plan is better than Morgan's, in that this guy actually has a plan, as opposed to Morgan, who didn't have a plan in either of his official and fanfic appearances. That being said, this guy's plan is rotten balls. It's not an abominable spawn of hell come to bring forth the end of life as we know it of a plan, like Martel's, but it's quite horrendous.

FOxXqXW.pngTiqWVOc.pnghIkumMc.png

This generic man speaks the truth, Tick. You can just surrender and save your recoloured ass. I'm sure Roy would let you and your men go. He's kind, like that.

uKC4i5A.png

Oh my goodness. Now they're starting to find losing acceptable? Is this the army that was supposed to end the era of man?! For shame, Zephiel!

JxIRnJp.pngNFIb0MF.png

But that's not... that isn't how warfare works... you're the ones under siege...! this isn't a five-star hotel, these are ruins! It's cold, very cold, drinkable water will freeze over in no time, and I don't think you have any way to preserve food either! You'd break in a couple days, tops! Your best bet, aside from giving up a lost fight, is to try to send someone away with the Maltet and buy time for him by fighting to the death! What you're about to do is... is... unprofessional!

Why is this guy in charge of defending the legendary lance that can make mincemeat of the Bernian army's main force?! My God! This isn't reasonable!

TNmuxG0.png

Oh, and remember how we had to arbitrarily keep Jerrot and Juno alive in order to get here? Well, guess what.

kkqOTVv.pngoLmqMt2.png

They don't even show up to talk about the place. Instead, it's Delphin, as always.

ZmhkBLY.pngyTKm7yw.png

Cue in the ol' reliable "Roy repeats what his interlocutor has just said" dynamic. It's getting really old.

Dy8aWdD.png6DIP4F3.png8KGCDbX.png5FaXcvB.png

I've heard the real life Barigan was nowhere nearly like he's depicted in the game. Then again, most mythological references in FE games consist mostly of throwing in the first name they find in Wikipedia and hoping noone asks any questions.

NbGQ2nC.pngtcGL4D3.png

Aaaand that's it about Barigan. He was a very generic heroic figure. What a riot, this chapter is being.

CHVuyv3.pngusKn2QK.png

Wouldn't that mean they likely just threw a bunch of boulders into the gaps and called it a day? That sort of barrier cannot be bypassed by simply poking it with a lance. Meaning, against all odds, Tick wins...

5mel583.pnghMQkHoa.png

Except he had his men build actual walls instead, and due to the time constraints, they're the worst walls in the history of mankind. Why he would do that is beyond me.

Then again, Tick isn't expecting, nor does he aim to win. His main priority was probably to preserve the ancient beauty of the ruins. Urgh...

tFVw1c0.png

Yes, please, I'm starting to feel a very sharp pain within my head.

Aq3XQKc.png?1

Today's map. To answer to the question posed by the update's title: all over the place.

It's not too hard a chapter, the wall gimmick screws the enemies over more than it does the player (as it forces them to face us in little, manageable groups of few units), but there are a few nasty surprises thrown in. I want you to direct your eyes towards the units highlighted in red. They're both carrying brave weapons: the Warrior can one-round most people with it, and the Swordmaster's sky-high critrate makes it far too risky to face him directly. The Druids highlighted in green are carrying berserk and sleep staves, respectively, and just in case you thought of warping someone in to kill them quickly, the Swordmaster below the boss has a Wo Dao and will give chase to anybody who enters the Druids' chamber, and the Druids themselves can be pretty nasty as well, being equipped with flux tomes that they can use to do some quite heavy damage thanks to their great magic. Lastly, all the Snipers (if I recall correctly) are carrying longbows, so don't think you'll be safe just because the walls are two tiles wide.

All in all, it's not a very tough map, but one has to be careful.

4sFlwRe.pnga5F9kvS.pngcjkgN7K.pngx3Hhiru.png

First of all, I move the secondary teams forward. For whatever reason, while the eastern group has a breachable portion of the wall right next to their starting point, the western team has to spend the first turn walking south to reach the cracked part of the concrete. I don't get it either.

f0HKNgG.png

Remember how two paragraphs ago I said warping isn't advisable due to the Swordmaster and the Druids being able to defend themselves?

zqM5Meg.png

Well... if it worked in Sacae, it'll work here!

3MONZC6.png

Ah, bollocks.

tKiF54h.png

My only relief is that this wasn't my mistake: no matter where I placed Lot in the initial formation, I would've had to move him for Niime to be able to pull this off.

5JRWCNj.pngoHHsG4h.pngwl3VLSN.png

Go, Lot, and good luck! Do not fail me!

...eh! You there! Yes, you, the reader! You're about to jinx it! Don't try to deny it! I can't see your eyes, but even so, I can see it in your eyes! But this time, you won't be able to ruin everything with your pessimism. You'll have faith in Lot, and you'll live not to regret it! Are we clear?

Good, I'll delude myself into thinking you said "yes". Carry on, then, and find out that if your faith was misplaced.

UU4V3kW.png

The Shaman are a tad less dangerous than the Druids or the Swordmaster. One of them will die inmediately before Lot's bow. The only one should follow suit.

0AQgoco.pngFrH6WQD.png

As for the rest of the team...

ifLHbyZ.png08fh0rX.pngLRZjoke.png

Marcus BEGINS!!

r4iCiQf.png

Wade follows up with this very cool frame that I caught by complete accident.

Or... no, it was no accident. It was fate. You, my audience, were fated to look upon this screenshot. Gaze into Wade's eyes, as he gazes back. Can you see it? He's asking you not to doom his best friend. Will you heed his request, or will you be assholes as usual?

G9eQE7X.png

Mmm... look at those delicious numbers. Even with Dorothy gone, Saul will still be able to do some very nasty damage with that new purge tome of his.

46KMaZ4.png

This is it. Luck be with you, Lot...

pnpYLG0.pngiPtXBCC.png

Marcus gets two-shot by a hammer. Truly, Perceval would've done far b-- no, no, I must watch my tongue, this isn't the Sacae route.

vvUcu45.pngyLbo6iO.pngrC4AvGu.pngq48pQjE.png

Hah! Since the Druid is standing right next to Lot, the Shaman can't get close enough to attack at melee range, so instead, they both attacked from within Lot's arrows' reach. Stupid AI never ceases to amaze me.

fFjWYs5.png

Silver bow Lot, everybody. At this rate, he'll end up wielding two legendary weapons. All of you who've played this game, think of all the times you've had one unit hold two legendary weapons. Me, I don't think that's ever happened, but if I can make it happen now, I'll be really, really happy. Especially since, now that Dorothy's gone, Lot would actually be the best candidate for the Mulgreis, from a stat viewpoint at least.

WgNxACZ.png

Fool! You cannot hope to rise up to Master Lot's marksmanship!

bkTv7nY.pngqD9QYvw.pngomhGmOT.png

This happens. With any luck, it'll be the last time it does happen.

iegor4b.png6s934rJ.png

I don't know why I screenshot the Swordmaster's equipment, but I'm glad I did, because it looks like I was mistaken about the guy's weapon when I wrote about the map earlier. Still, a killing edge is no laughing matter. In fact, I think I would've prefered it if he really did have a Wo Dao, since the Wo Dao has less accuracy and might, and when facing an avoid and a defense as robust as Lot's, the ability to land critical hits more often matters a lot.

YYCNHcu.png

See, the Wo Dao would've dealt one less damage. With only 18 damage per crit, the Swordmaster would've had to hit him critically 4 times to kill him. Instead, we're facing the risk of a 3-shot here. Best be wary.

DfZrC5g.png

Hmph... with Wade all the way in the other side of the map, Lot's hitrate isn't that great.

QdCt5JS.png0TZTTRj.png

Me, get my way?! Pfhah! Absurd!

OKu70vG.png

Oh.

pt94oKP.png

Lot, you already were one of my favourite characters from this game, but thanks to this LP, I think you're also one of my favourite units. Who said axemen are bad in this game? Lot's been my MVP all the way through! And he didn't even require a RNG blessing to pull it off, he's always been standing firmly on his averages or below them, speed aside!

G3BC7Vx.pngcRfQ6ev.png

Here you go, hero of this story. Do not die.

hA9e9aZ.png

Ah, shit. Sue's too bad to kill Marcus, Wade or even Saul, but I'm fearful Niime's 25 HP and Roy's... everything might cost us dearly. Besides, I just cannot allow Sue to stay berserked! It's a question of principle!

UtQ7Arp.pngN5uRqQT.pngmyHH8Yc.png

Marcus saves the day! I also just realised I forgot to give him the Durandal in favour of letting him keep an iron lance. Ah, but it's not a problem. He won't need it today.

Ry6IAYC.png

Screw you, game.

sTGzz5h.pngx7IHJJx.png

Well, he's alive, but he won't be able to do much. Dougy's too far away.

xPRWqsc.pngz7DoyzX.pngzaqtDfd.png6SBwgke.png

Speak of, both secondary teams get working on the enemies near their positions.

tv0kuOZ.png

I forgot to screenshot the other team, but rest assured, Dougy's Squad of Loyalty (and Hugh) has made more progress than Cecilia's Roy Waifus (and Tate).

pgPvLny.pngmoYGmVO.png

I'm not expecting Lot to win against this guy, but that's fine, he doesn't need a victory.

I sounded a lot like Tick there, did I not? But unlike Tick, I'm not hoping the Swordmaster gets tired and leaves for no reason. With Dougy approaching fast, the Swordmaster's days are numbered. Lot just has to survive until then...

FEXvbZn.pngpjLyg1E.pngmtORyBx.pngGhdkTdP.png

Frankly, I'm more worried about Sue.

Jpw7nty.png

Ah, piece of crap, undoing all of Saul's good work! Still, it does mean he cannot put anybody to sleep this turn.

kEbhkRn.png

Two can play that game, you bastard! Except...

c0I0PGh.pngwxz6I3i.png

I don't have to give up my strongest tool for it. Hahahah! Arrivederci, you bastard! The status staves are no more!

fUrcqn1.png

Lookin' quite lonely there, Swordmaster. Maybe you should think of surrendering. You cannot hope to be able to avenge your druidic friends.

7F6RUpu.pngOePywIL.png

Because the reinforcements are on their way.

EFT8njo.pngTFVXVaP.png

And kicking ass all the way!

7QMPniH.png

This guy can reach Hugh, but what's the chance of him being able to kill--

fgW3mKV.pngsclNuct.png

Holy shit that's a metric fuck-ton of damage. It's at times like this that I'm really happy I'm using him as well as Lilina. Lilina would've been screwed here.

Also, 69 HP. Huhuh.

1nsUlBz.pngCplA2Zo.png

If you're worried about the other enemies, don't be. They can't reach him. Mostly thanks to that lazy Myrmidon who won't move.

rR3viq4.png

Cecilia's girls don't do much of anything.

W7HDMi3.pnggZy8vCE.png

Cool. That'll be a kill for Sue.

ItoB87g.pngwulAOam.png

Or her horse. Either way works, I guess.

lmjdtEV.png

Damn, that's a great level up. Why are you still carrying Sue around, horse? You don't need her!

vNICgXn.png

Here, have a heal as a reward for your efforts, brave equine.

w0NziAp.png

Cool, Niime's going to reach her level cap very soon.

vpKUwXU.pngos8f5U7.png

Hand back the iron lance. Marcus might need it for... uh, something.

46k7cSF.png3wplxtR.png

Not bad, you avoided a crit. Keep it up, Lot, help's coming!

F5TPIZ1.png1Fba0tU.pngp91O777.pngqv5fLCI.png

The mages fight. They do quite well, both of them.

FUmif9n.png

Wade, too.

iQhrGpe.pnggBizPyd.png

Hugh finishes off the Warrior, and due to his enormous level, Hugh gains a mountain of experience points.

lNIlItv.png

Amazing! Great, great, great! Keep it up, Hugh, and you may impress your grandmother yet!

khLm03i.png3lqAwx5.pngCCPOKwG.png

Sadly, we can't quite break the wall this turn, but it's okay. It'll fall in the next one.

vK3HhdJ.png

The game is determined to make Lot fail, but prevail they shall not!

JuiCnK3.pngqgNTU0l.pngKKKTS4A.png

There's the brave asshole. I had better thread carefully around him.

4AgoAqY.png

Well, for starters, Marcus gives Wade a hand in equiping his bow, so that he can retaliate against the Archer.

31K06dn.png

Then... I'm sorry, but I refuse to take this chance. I lost Treck and Echidna to unlikely crits, I refuse to face an actually significant percentage!

1iseoTm.pngdOcuRoH.png

Excellent work, Saul. Now...

snkzlOy.png

It is your turn, Lilina! Do not fail me!

XCgFOL7.png

Blistering barnacles...

rSvrCnk.png

No matter. He cannot reach anybody, and I'm sure as heck not going to place Roy in front of Wade.

l4nzJx8.pnge3aBbvF.png

At least Cecilia's team has finally breached the ruins. Maybe they'll actually begin to fight the enemy now?

vUnfDxP.png

Goodness gracious. We can't wait any longer: he has to fall, and it's got to be right now.

Bia9Icy.png

With his bow in hand, Lot does not face WTD against the Swordmaster. That one point of damage makes all the difference: if needed be, he'll last one more round of combat.

81w5Kva.png

But I don't expect it to make a difference at this point.

rZgCVz2.png

Hmmm... that doesn't kill him!

GBXUGM7.png

Good thing, too, because the RNG won't give in!

f1OMTJV.png

Hah! Outclassed! You cannot do so much as scratch Marcus's pheraean armor!

lGkn0u9.png

...not critically, at least.

DBQlZcW.png

Sue, you have to hit these. I know that's the same sort of hit that Marcus missed, but... could you allow this to work out, pretty please?

lanOgkK.png

Thank you.

iTcOzgb.png

Bullshit, that guy's on the move? Aarrgh! Two hits on top of 30 strength aren't something I want to risk.

aDcXlUQ.png

Hmmm... let's try to outsmart them.

3yXJo5M.png

So let's see, Marcus is more durable than Saul, but he's wounded, so perhaps the Archer will go after him, preventing the Warrior from trying his luck against the good Bishop.

a55VFQg.pngKhQWMTD.pngKrdBcuL.pngOtkyhq6.png

Other than that, not much happens.

vOFXEKI.pngYmDhyCd.pngHnFnsBF.pngqhMm1UW.png

Fighting. If you're wondering why that guy's wouded, I had Tate fight him, but didn't show it. It's not that important.

1iLoIyS.png

Ahah! Excellent!

fgtJ6bT.pngzRkcFRd.pngCMnk9rn.pngv9bxLzK.png

The Archers actually went after Saul, but since that doofus had already moved, it wasn't as disastrous as it could've been.

855jDCV.png

Also, he got a level. Nice, magic!

fbjhbqH.png

The Shaman attempts to kill Marcus, but to no avail.

ILjOM3d.png

Oh, you're back, Cecilia. You didn't miss much.

bnVzrgO.pngha0mCX6.png

Crap. What now?

lWtmS6k.png

Roy, that what. Blistering barnacles, you can't even kill a Shaman!? Vulture! Coelacanth! Jellied-eel! Pockmark!

lzdSlOa.pngKxJxJ1L.png

No matter. Have at you!

u52jr5U.pngk7gVu7z.png

Roy helping. The LP keeps getting stranger and stranger.

T7fxZKT.png

Oh my goodness, he doesn't even need both hits to kill Niime. Why, me, why did you forget to give her the damned robe?

Although, knowing my luck, it probably wouldn't even matter in the end, as she'd get hit twice.

3Dbr2Ms.pngCmhO5rC.png

Damnit all, that's not a kill! How could you not crit, Sue?! You've doomed us all!

UNe8sUo.png

You are forgiven, until somebody dies.

ZyemUJf.png

Ergh...

SESHt5b.png

ALL OR NOTHING!

bCZWk9p.png

RAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

odRR2Y9.pngt8GHJrQ.pngIdxF5Ol.png

Niime, you've got to hit this... you cannot fail... you are the last dark mage in the game! I cannot lose you now!

3xq2jdm.png

DON'T FUCK THIS UP, YOU OLD CRONE! GAAAAAAAH!!

8YzG8RK.pngM2YWSx4.png

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! LIKE SO, JUST LIKE SOOOOOOOOOO!!!

t0TkMTh.png

She even got magic again, which is the most important stat for her. Two levels, two points of magic, on a 15% growth. I am proud!

HIkimzf.pngQgmuxrj.pngE7D73DW.pngvEyXm54.png

The rest is history. At this point, we've more or less won already.

EHXslsi.pngaJ9UwFd.pngboyMn1t.png

Hugh lost his thunder tome, but that's no big deal. It served him well.

Gmj0L9z.pngn5EUhnd.pngQlZfbms.png

Lot even manages to finally hit the accursed Swordmaster that's been pestering him all chapter long!

VTLTQ1M.pngIFC5oag.pngw8xFJrI.png

Also, Lilina gets a level up.

s8KvExN.png

Eh... she did get HP, I suppose.

bkXyzvr.png

Have a tome, Cecilia. You might even get to use it!

d1WESU8.pngMymePeA.png

Can you hear that wall crumbling down, Swordmaster? It marks your last chance to surrender. Will you do it?

vDNZeuE.png0Nloppa.pngq1jhPLf.pngeezvbbH.png

Let's give the man some time to think things over by taking a look at what the other teams are doing. Marcus skewers a Shaman.

vILNgV7.png

That's it for the turn.

0AxOeqV.png

Lot takes another crit to the face like a champ. I'm enjoying this far too much... it's my revenge for all those units that I lost to crits! Hahahah... what now, assholes? Your crits cannot make us falter any longer!

qzpCPsM.png

This happens too, I guess.

e9EPkTB.pngDVEO8TG.pngkWIlEsx.png

Cecilia gets a kill! When was the last time?

qotgyEk.png

Finally! She finally got speed! I mean, she's still as fast as Dougy, but...

x7EyhY8.png2Fn9cBY.png

Longbow snipers never prosper, especially when their mission is to shoot Tate down.

FZcZ7gV.png

Look at that magnificent staff rank. 23 magic, folks; and once we get our hands on the Apocalypse, it'll be even more delightful.

8RWfXrf.pngvMlxVZh.png

I physic Lot one last time for good measure...

oup00RD.png

...and he retreats. Not only will Dougy fare much better against the Swordmaster with his lances and support partner, but Lot doesn't need the experience. Still, no matter who kills him, we all know that Lot is the true winner here.

7W9IObD.pngpMEbNO2.pngK5DHrWd.png5VzzPux.png

Another wall is down, and I did not need eclipse to do it.

LPj5omZ.pngdhz1jDx.pngpkmFxut.pngSM6mZCP.png

Poor fool... since you so adamantly insist on dying, I shall grant you your wish!

neHmVZ4.png8XXWc4G.png

Down you go! Do not worry, I shall see to it that your boss joins you in hell so you can chastise him for leading you so awfully.

CAsBZ8a.png

If you're worried about Cecilia, please don't be.

ntlZzKx.png

For this is the worst Sniper I've ever seen. 12 speed? Even Wade has more than that!

EEhuY6E.pngA4U8MCw.pngOWoPd4n.png

Uhhh... Marcus is about to level up. Better make sure he does so while Jeiganing so as to maximize the level's potential.

IYDDJXB.pngp6sCgSj.png6qYJcEC.pngVCKxlUs.png

Sue gets the Jeiganed kill, and that's it.

PPcSEcV.pngu52Jt6I.png785zQy6.png

You guys can stop fighting now. There is no hope of victory for you.

A4TupDo.pngGxwcRyo.png

General healing.

7T0uQwj.pngyAwSm4H.png

Jeigan levels up!

Rr5xPSF.png

Hype, hype, hype!

rxsEoK5.png

AH, FOR THE LOVE OF BLISTERING BARNACLES, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Bah, no matter. He's still hilariously good. Everyone gets bad level ups sometimes.

HlWLihb.png

Take the kill, Sue.

nwScglh.pngUR7hv7d.pngrxun6iD.pngOS9UB7r.png

Lilina retrieves her fire tome so as not to waste the other ones on this insignificant Sniper.

0XfMSSX.png

Igrene, too, levels up.

7VJdEAN.png

You know, Igrene, Sue is starting to catch up to you, and we've been making fun of how horrible Sue is the whole LP. You might want to do something about that.

...eh, on second thought, she doesn't have a support partner. Don't worry too much, just keep pestering Dougy with your requests and you'll be fine.

oCusQt1.pngRxjaFv3.png

Dougy destroys a wall, which apparently is a great bonding exercise, as it triggers his final conversation with Igrene.

d6tArDw.pngh4RaRPc.pngO7UmrEz.png

That's not a very conversational conversation. Dougy, you're not from Sacae or Arcadia, say something!

0iXDSu4.pngBS8CacU.png

I sincerely hope that's not all you have to say.

VsvLC7Y.pngpYvpRR4.png4zCVy2j.png

Oh... good! And just like that, Dougy goes from being a cold-hearted asshole to actually sounding like he gives a damn. Character development!

E0pQW6n.png2e4qNei.pngID8pI3C.png85A2XDR.png

I like this support chain. It doesn't have a fairy tale good ending or anything like that, but that's part of what makes it good. Another part of what makes it good is the fact that it turns Dougy into even more of an invincible juggernaut. +3 defense ensures he won't die to anything ever. Even Mages will have trouble, as the support also grants a full 15% avoid bonus.

2jxGjVw.pngF6YhUSf.pngeRm4pJX.png

That done, it's time for Grandma and Grandson to also bond over killing, except instead of killing concrete walls, they're killing HP walls.

IsS4RTd.png

Oh, come now... that won't please Niime!

06lgF8M.pngzKn8GbP.png

Whatever. We'll worry about that when it becomes a problem. For now, let's look at someone that will never become a problem: Tick. He's a worse General than Roartz who can't attack at range initially, because he starts holding his silver lance. Is this IntSys's idea of a joke?

4ehSERx.pngFXhjR1Y.png

Not by using eclipse, you can be sure of that. Niime needed that inventory slot for the warp staff.

Z6wggL2.pngohYzS56.pngoaAw9tU.pngxZ4N6hy.png

Cue in the customary introductory misses against the boss.

xf5b2m0.pngR3UI9HV.png

Igrene fares better.

NOfx8Yb.pngsBm31Wp.png

...and it's back to failing.

DyxcVmE.png

Fly on your flying horse to heal your pupil, Cecilia!

o4EDn1g.pngmSdc7Hx.pngbgaYZC1.png

Formidably done, Lot! That was a fantastic show!

opvkaCN.png

Fsss... why?!

4Tt8Vqu.pngwoB3QJr.png

At least she hit one of them... anyone but Roy could take him now.

RwDt1GJ.png

And it's going to be DOUGY!! Bow down before the superior General, Tick!

GEl81ZW.pngFGktvsl.png

And in true generic fashion, the guy's quote doesn't even fit him. Not that anything would've fit him: for something to be classified as "fitting", he would've had to have a character to begin with. A character beyond "I am the worst tactician ever!", I mean.

...what are you giving me that look for?

4W3Oe9o.png

Nice! 28 defense, people! His loyalty for his king shan't be moved!

8MXq3of.png

While the others fought, Niime caught up to his dashing son in order to exchange words. Hopefully, things won't escalate as quickly this time as they did last time.

2ekuCYI.pngmbCH0SA.png

...what?

0uX9Vym.png

Yes, please explain. I'm at a loss, myself.

yIAKIlm.pngqvCnCJL.png

...you really a--

tZpCI9B.png

Well, she said it, not me.

4jGdsIM.pngNCm09b5.png1ff8t5B.png

Child abuse! Ain't that a riot? Except this child is twenty-something years old.

Ij3Tzqt.png9bDEduS.pngfDnVClM.pngpv5sM0m.png

Oh, dear.

E3eOpl0.png

Out of the frying pan and right into the fire, eh, Hugh?

zvfzfQ1.pnge6UXiqC.png

Hugh, whatever you do, don't scream "I! DO! NOT! HAVE! IT!" into her ear, all right?

E1elYEL.png

Jeez, he didn't even have time to screw up!

SpHdmoH.pngpb4vsUa.pngal6P5DE.png0tqeIV5.png

Well... I don't think so, no.

Ajc3eXm.pngLJg3EpS.pngs4F8QkL.png

Sound familiar?

d7tebih.png

Yes, Raigh's an asshole. If I tried to build up Hugh's support with Lugh, he'd mistake him for Raigh and try to beat him up. If I instead tried to build up his support with Raigh, he wouldn't try to beat him up and instead would try to force him to give it back through the might of words. Hugh's not very bright, no.

Of course, we won't get to see that, because Lugh Sigurded himself and Raigh took a mighty blow to the skull.

wkQYNmG.pngeYbVU7q.png

Pfffhwahahahahah... it sounds amazingly pathetic, that way of putting it.

ujP8GIv.pngKMVOHRk.pngk7QFnSZ.png2Q5UxuP.png

Yes, don't tempt her to kill you. The death count's long enough as it is.

2rcmaAk.pngnm5sTRK.png

No, Canas wouldn't be too happy, I believe.

wcymOd4.png

And so, Hugh doesn't waste this chance and flees.

R3cqoCz.pnggSliVCX.png

Wait, Canas tried to be bad? When?

bmYZuf7.png

Well, his speed growth and base are higher than his dad's. If nothing else, he's better at running away, like he just demonstrated to you.

lpedDMa.png

So, at this point, I was ready to seize, but I remember that I wanted Niime to become the Apocalypse user of the team, but since I've mostly been using her as a healer, she's still halfway through A rank. It is time to use the remnants of Tick's army to remedy that!

xmorK18.png

Sue levels up, too. Not too bad, you're slowly becoming a solid archer.

Hf3OBUg.png

Almost S rank. Solid.

hKCGfrL.png

And one last kill for Hugh later...

jaunq9V.png

Map's over. That wasn't so hard.

cknPx9K.pngTh1meV5.pngndn8uOQ.pngyAhBYMe.png

Cute. Hand it over to Dougy, post-haste!

DdAQ9hM.pngcfFlDqk.png8FqAqU6.pngnym49MU.png

Then, since IntSys couldn't think of anything to reach their word quota, they threw in these nonexistent remaining troops to create a cheap moral conflict that lasts for about one minute.

nyJ8XuC.pngqxrDQsn.pngl85KICM.pngtWg9wP3.png

That was really necessary.

Db6OQDj.png

Here it is. Maltet, the blizzard spear!

oTLPVYu.png

It's good. Not the best legendary weapon, I feel, but it's okay.

JsvVJ5U.pngyErouG0.png1FJYHQq.png

That done, all that remains is the rest of Zephiel's plot.

l7iiDWa.pngHuIrSHs.pngnbS1JIf.png

Not really, no, he couldn't lift a silver sword to save his life. It's quite amazing how they'd go to great lengths not to show the past of Niime, Yoder, Dayan, Juno and Jerrot, Dougy... but they would purposely contradicted the things they established about Zephiel in order to increase Night of Farewells's bullshit factor.

VqewMcB.pngNX8oPrO.png

At least they nailed Desmond.

JpBuieT.pngNfJ0Jh0.png5hb4RC2.pngkqmR4i9.png

No, Roy, he was trying to make Zephiel believe him to be a villain, raise an army and kill him, only to reveal that he had secretely been a good guy the whole time who did it all to ensure Zephiel would raise to become a great hero who'd fight for the world's safety. No shit, Roy, of COURSE he was envious!

6jSK9kY.pngux8hBm2.pngqicsGsF.png

Yeah, to attempt to kill him is 'kay, but telling him that he wouldn't let him take the kingship of Bern? Outrageous!

aZo9gs8.pngiNbhdgl.png0TPe6o8.png

So basically, this whole story's the people's fault? Maybe Zephiel has a point in the end...

vBbtmlC.pngfpcWX36.pngODbcDsE.png

And Zephiel just took it, knowing his dad hated his guts? Man, this so-called brilliant young man is looking less and less brilliant by the minute. Or, if you're thinking Martel-tier brilliant, then he's looking more brilliant by the minute!

K36nDL0.png

...excuse me?

EfjakUU.png

Ah, okay. That's less... horrid.

F7A0ohO.pngvGUj9v1.pnget1vEiZ.png

Ah, Murdock. Turns out he's a doctor now.

xzjlMAh.pngQnnYOnm.pngkpyah1y.png4DId4ha.png

It was at this point that Desmond completely lost his mind and deluded himself into thinking he could actually scratch Murdock. Pfft. You wish, old fool.

5XUacPo.pngNod89cg.png4cTpFX4.pngCRhZOMi.png

I can imagine his last words.

"Hmm, isn't it even the tiniest bit suspicious that Zephie suffered a stroke out of nowhere and died just as I planned to have his family and friends murdered? Nah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence. I'll take a look at his body so I am able to laugh maniacally like the Bond villain that I am! Mwahah-- GAAAAH!! No... my plan... it was brilliant... urk!"

Ln7dB72.pngcWXaqLp.pnguYO4eia.png3dj0fbk.png

In all seriousness, though, this is extremely tragic. Poor Zephiel... it's all right. I shall send Lot to put you out of your misery.

l6oEIJG.png4oraL5K.pngOTXuC4N.pngrn427Sl.png

Well, he did let you live despite his ultimate objective being the destruction of all humanity, including you. That's a start.

ZfNpI1E.pngph77KEb.png

That's what we're doing, isn't it?

ynQHqLH.pngfXXE8SI.png

No, she can't, mostly because you got that wrong. It will very unlikely require your blade. More than likely, it'll be Lot's that'll do the foul deed.

L0xzZwg.pngDuUrY1u.png9QBC26C.png

Yeah! Let's do that.

Next time, we won't be doing that. Instead, we will follow Matthis and friends in their final battle in Sacae. 19x, here we come... again! Have a good one until then.

BMHIGuD.png

wi2Gxy1.png

Pb5fAlC.png

sdjhd06.pngqrqgj6c.png

glAMjQh.pngX63UyHi.pngdf9bCjU.png

7y8jJtE.png

6N28HMp.png

WN4jqwx.png2jMKsOC.png736M4cA.png

HeFDww3.pngJv07CUb.png

kadHn7t.pngHT7oWAw.pnghs8c1AE.png

09oCQWT.png

5yRYfDk.png

TiXp0ON.pngIAUKJZ7.png

lVJk7fe.png

FZHQn6Y.png

5j71E6R.pngJE4PIlJ.pngiXWoiSA.pngynsm0py.png

hT3a1K2.pngZt5kMQQ.png3vpRPUA.png

lgCLNSm.png

S1znDTq.pngQWSqHD7.png

3Bm92Ho.png87fp0cP.png

D5hOum1.png

ZCDs1UW.png

4jp0fe4.png

SoEAvOX.png13an8eg.pnglGlZthx.png

1gWZU09.png

RVzWvRt.png91v6TPu.png

pYV64Da.png

SqShOgo.png

PYkGNvN.png

HE27USV.png

gNTZAxh.png

vW8G0oh.png

WB9oR1S.pngIxuQWZn.png8qNxB7s.png

OBjLmkd.pngRQxXToz.png

7wTHXoP.png

O8aQlHZ.pngSYKYLIj.png

L7kmgVE.png

GPoykeh.pngROcVfFV.png

Z38ShSw.png

tSnaLBE.pngxSoOwtj.png

qf11nt5.png

13f4Yl8.png

pySl6z5.png

Death count: Bors
                        Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Tate

Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 7

Dishonorable reset count (other reasons): 2

Merlinus death count: 12

On 5/21/2018 at 12:57 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Ks2i6Io.pngyQl7jRJ.pngWt4XLjg.pngpTrq5ra.pngvUNsOrt.pngkh6O64d.png

Trading. Why, yes, I did forget to give Niime her angelic robe. First Lilina, then Niime... what's with me and forgetting to give women their clothes? I'm going to be an awful boyfriend if I ever am to hook up.

uKC4i5A.png

Oh my goodness. Now they're starting to find losing acceptable? Is this the army that was supposed to end the era of man?! For shame, Zephiel!

fgtJ6bT.pngzRkcFRd.pngCMnk9rn.pngv9bxLzK.png

The Archers actually went after Saul, but since that doofus had already moved, it wasn't as disastrous as it could've been.

855jDCV.png

Also, he got a level. Nice, magic!

GEl81ZW.pngFGktvsl.png

And in true generic fashion, the guy's quote doesn't even fit him. Not that anything would've fit him: for something to be classified as "fitting", he would've had to have a character to begin with. A character beyond "I am the worst tactician ever!", I mean.

...what are you giving me that look for?

5XUacPo.pngNod89cg.png4cTpFX4.pngCRhZOMi.png

I can imagine his last words.

"Hmm, isn't it even the tiniest bit suspicious that Zephie suffered a stroke out of nowhere and died just as I planned to have his family and friends murdered? Nah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence. I'll take a look at his body so I am able to laugh maniacally like the Bond villain that I am! Mwahah-- GAAAAH!! No... my plan... it was brilliant... urk!"

Isn't the point of a hookup to get them out of their clothes though?

To be fair, if they died it'd only save Zephiel killing them later. Meaning even when Zephiels army sustain heavy losses they move towards their goal.

I'm of the opinion Saul is incapable of dying due to belief "The Good Die Young", and that's why he inevitably avoided being Brave Axed. This applies to all his past close calls. He's like a stain too stubborn to be removed.

Personally, I would've made the guy an extremely paranoid, panicky foe. Then he could have been a "Nervous Tick". His stupid name becomes a bad pun. He gets a personality that's based off it.

You know, I do have to wonder. Is it Bern's tradition to bury their dead royalty with weapons, or should the sword have been a giveaway? Maybe Zephiel was just considered brilliant as a pupil because his father's stupidity set the bar low regarding Bern's royalty. Really low.

Edited by Mad-manakete
past laziness making this unquotable, being amateur enough not to work out how to split quotation boxes

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

gmgsADp.pngSiqQldz.pngqjHGT3i.pngjUZ7HZc.png

Yeah, villain.

Not a frustrated child.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Am I supposed to know why Takumi's trying to break the floor with his face?

That.... came out wrong.

In all honestly, that's just attached to the video and I don't see any way of playing only a small clip within a video.

THE KING IN THE...

...oh, dear me, not another reference I don't get! Is this Roundabout again?!

Game of Thrones, sorry.

Considering Lycia's apparently south, that's the only change. Jerrot would be the King in the North to be honest.

Well, I can't do it for you, so you'll have to try if you want them to ever be answered.

So, let's start:

1. How did Humphrey break out of the trap?

2. How did he break a contract with some demon like that?

3. Related to 1 and 2, does that mean the trap was designed to take both of them because of the link?

4. How can the demon not break out if Humphrey could? Especially if the answer to 3 was yes?

5. Why does he get out of it by breaking the contract? That's the only thing that could be linked from what we see?

I could probably go on, but I don't think I should. Don't want to keep doing this to the heat death of the universe.

Also no, the demon's identity was not clear.

r4iCiQf.png

Wade follows up with this very cool frame that I caught by complete accident.

Or... no, it was no accident. It was fate. You, my audience, were fated to look upon this screenshot. Gaze into Wade's eyes, as he gazes back. Can you see it? He's asking you not to doom his best friend. Will you heed his request, or will you be assholes as usual?

"Remember to always correctly nock and loose your arrows to avoid unnecessary injury."

rxsEoK5.png

Bah, no matter. He's still hilariously good. Everyone gets bad level ups sometimes.

And some always get bad level ups.

JpBuieT.pngNfJ0Jh0.png5hb4RC2.pngkqmR4i9.png

No, Roy, he was trying to make Zephiel believe him to be a villain, raise an army and kill him, only to reveal that he had secretely been a good guy the whole time who did it all to ensure Zephiel would raise to become a great hero who'd fight for the world's safety. No shit, Roy, of COURSE he was envious!

I assume an SoV LP would have a lot of frustration.

K36nDL0.png

...excuse me?

dicky bow?

duet?

dessert?

.....DS?

Also, this is why Zephiel is a prohibitionist after his partying days.

5j71E6R.pngJE4PIlJ.pngiXWoiSA.pngynsm0py.png

Or I was wrong and he's stuck in Ilia.

pYV64Da.pngSqShOgo.png

Well, I doubt it'd be that easy unless that kind of thing's legal in Ilia.

Next time: JOY.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really, no, he couldn't lift a silver sword to save his life. It's quite amazing how they'd go to great lengths not to show the past of Niime, Yoder, Dayan, Juno and Jerrot, Dougy... but they would purposely contradicted the things they established about Zephiel in order to increase Night of Farewells's bullshit fac

At least he doesn't attempt to attack the enemy and mostly stays on pillars for the avoid and defence bonus. Just imagine if he had AI like most green units.

Ugh the aftermath scene with Raigh just killed me (again). Good stuff with Juno/Jerrot too, I've always had a soft spot for those two.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks a lot! Stay, and you'll be very glad you did... I hope!

Hope so! Like I said, I probably shouldn't but I'm seriously hoping Lugh can be rez'd or saved somehow in the end cause all that's just too depressing/cruel for probably my favorite character in the series.

To quote Jar Jar Binks's creator, "I may have gone too far in a few places...".

I'll say, :P:. I'm curious to see what you would have done to expand the twins interactions had he lived though.

Speaking of, if you're looking for something to play when this one is done, you should check out the green/midori hack of FE8. It's mostly really well made and adds a bunch of mechanics from other FEs as well, though it can be pretty difficult. I'm going through it on HM right now (along with an FE6 random recruit HM), and it has Raigh, Lugh, and Nino too among the cast. You get both Raigh and Lugh super early as well. From 6 there's also Bors, Lance, Wolt, Cecilia, Dieck, Tate, 

at this point, I was ready to seize, but I remember that I wanted Niime to become the Apocalypse user of the team, but since I've mostly been using her as a healer, she's still halfway through A rank. It is time to use the remnants of Tick's army to remedy that!

I probably missed it if you talked about it earlier, but are you gonna be able to get to 21x? Doesn't Zeiss have to be alive for that?

On 20/5/2018 at 11:57 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

They don't even show up to talk about the place. Instead, it's Delphin, as always.

It could be worse. It could be Mr. One Good Line.

NbGQ2nC.png

Seems to have walls everywhere? Roy, did all the ice puns mess with your head?

Aq3XQKc.png?1

Today's map. To answer to the question posed by the update's title: all over the place.

Apparently not! Good for him.

Seriously now, in what universe is "build more walls" a sensible plan?

All of you who've played this game, think of all the times you've had one unit hold two legendary weapons.

I once had Lilina carry Armads along with Forblaze for nearly the whole game, does that count?

and when facing an avoid and a defense as robust as Lot's, the ability to land critical hits more often matters a lot.

It matters a Lot, doesn't it?

That pun was so easy, I'm almost ashamed. Almost.

rxsEoK5.png

And so, order is restored to the universe.

No amount of order is going to be enough to fix this trainwreck, but it's nice to see it's trying.

Is this IntSys's idea of a joke?

Are you up to date with Heroes? That is IS' idea of a joke.

RwDt1GJ.png

And it's going to be DOUGY!! Bow down before the superior General, Tick!

GEl81ZW.pngFGktvsl.png

Tick, Tick, Tick, BOOM.

iXWoiSA.pngynsm0py.png

DAKINGINDANORF!

On 5/20/2018 at 4:57 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

lTwP5fb.png

Enter Tick, our newest boss and naming cataclysm (is it an insect? Is it a clock? No! It's a crappy throwaway boss!). Remember how I said Morgan is the most generic of all generic bosses to have ever genericked? No? Well, shut up, it's now LP canon that I said that at some point.

What the actual F!? I mean I know I play a 100.000 year old translation where the game is called Sealed Sword, Wade is called Ward, Deke is called Dieck and stuff, but that translation gives this guy a more reasonable name. His name there is Teck. I mean I know it's very close to Treck, but it's still a better name. Now it just feels like this is a mean to be forgettable, last minute addition generic boss. I almost feel bad for him.

zKn8GbP.png

69 avoid. That's the annoying part that makes you remember this boss, you really don't like to see that stat on Generals.

lmjdtEV.png

Damn, that's a great level up. Why are you still carrying Sue around, horse? You don't need her!

He's carrying Sue so she makes them immune to Horseslayer, Rapier and Halberds. Also because I'm pretty sure the horse just want Sue to do the dirty work and doesn't give a single F!

Overall I just like to wait out until the status staves run out, then regroup at the south and start blasting down the walls. At least these walls don't have 100 hit points, otherwise this would've been the perfect map to burn up your remaining Eclipse tomes. I actually only remember the Druids as the annoying part, the brave units didn't give me much trouble. But my real concern at this point is if I have enough weapons for the upcoming chapters.

4pvK1GD.png

yjHC4kM.png

iPNg83Q.pnghVVVMa0.png

uP5aoLp.png

FFYG5pJ.pngAyZp7bu.png2guCveE.pngASLwDKF.png

eexDqUT.png

jR8KLqf.pngAQqVqAS.png

No1qLij.png

CndQJy8.pngrn0s5cQ.png

RvKwZWm.pngdt4TcdQ.png

H09T3ea.png

Ut0FpQe.pngYCtlKLL.pngKv8MNvG.pngPJBFh7R.png

Pe4x1dp.png

clnigZo.pngtrzmQdc.pnggqAR9JX.png

81iX0sP.pngPmdbwst.pngk1lfUgM.pngbHcTHRT.png

pmIKvmS.pngNLach8M.png

6lbtlEl.png

HSq2vAV.png7qlmgpp.pngoLiIOal.png

epncFup.pngl88lL9W.png

TdGaFDN.png

BeFTi2J.png

qClJHdD.png

QvfjBSv.pngG7tsHcF.png

HFlZaUs.png

zTzGFIB.pngd5RykN8.png

Part 44 - Tearing into the plains of Sagae.

This time it's the real thing!

On 20/5/2018 at 6:03 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Isn't the point of a hookup to get them out of their clothes though?

Yes, but in order to get to that phase, you have to buy them nice clothes. Damn, that sounded offensive, did it not? In my defense, I shall point to the intro and restate the fact that I'm just a lame comedian throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Most doesn't.

To be fair, if they died it'd only save Zephiel killing them later. Meaning even when Zephiels army sustain heavy losses they move towards their goal.

Hey, that's actually true. It does explain the likes of Martel to an extent. Kudos to you, mate, you're better than IntSys at storytelling.

I'm of the opinion Saul is incapable of dying due to belief "The Good Die Young", and that's why he inevitably avoided being Brave Axed. This applies to all his past close calls. He's like a stain too stubborn to be removed.

I mean, chapter 7 tried its damnest to remove him, and failed. Chapter-fucking-seven.

Personally, I would've made the guy an extremely paranoid, panicky foe. Then he could have been a "Nervous Tick". His stupid name becomes a bad pun. He gets a personality that's based off it.

That would've been slightly better, indeed, but alas, IntSys couldn't refrain from indulging their fetish for cardboard people.

You know, I do have to wonder. Is it Bern's tradition to bury their dead royalty with weapons, or should the sword have been a giveaway? Maybe Zephiel was just considered brilliant as a pupil because his father's stupidity set the bar low regarding Bern's royalty. Really low.

Whereas Zephiel was brilliant, Desmond was brilliant, but you-know-who's style of brilliant.

You know, I wasn't expecting anything in this LP to impact me to the same level as the Raider Horseman from FE12, but it seems Martel was as determined to prove me wrong as you guys are to jinx my best units. I sincerely hope he had better luck than you will.

On 20/5/2018 at 7:14 PM, Dayni said:

Yeah, villain.

Not a frustrated child.

Hey, he wears dark robes. That's a clearly villainous trait if I ever saw one.

That.... came out wrong.

In all honestly, that's just attached to the video and I don't see any way of playing only a small clip within a video.

It is quite all right, I didn't get the significance of the quote in the context in which it was quoted anyway!

Game of Thrones, sorry.

Ah...

Considering Lycia's apparently south, that's the only change. Jerrot would be the King in the North to be honest.

I know nothing about GoT aside from the fact that I'm pretty sure somebody called George (or was it Geoffrey?) dies, so I can't really add anything to this.

Well, unless, of course, you're not talking about Game of Thrones, but the game of thrones, which is the one I am currently LPing. That fucking random throne sitting in the front gate of Ostia keep... don't dare think I've forgotten about you, just as I haven't forgotten about the chapter you feature in!

So, let's start:

1. How did Humphrey break out of the trap?

2. How did he break a contract with some demon like that?

3. Related to 1 and 2, does that mean the trap was designed to take both of them because of the link?

4. How can the demon not break out if Humphrey could? Especially if the answer to 3 was yes?

5. Why does he get out of it by breaking the contract? That's the only thing that could be linked from what we see?

All good questions. Ones I don't think I'll be able to answer in-universe, too, so here, have the answers. In spoilers, just in case somebody wishes to keep pretending I'm not an awful storyteller who needs to break character to answer questions directly.

Spoiler

1. He passed the magical barrier keeping him down on to his partner, hence the whole "betrayal" thing.

2. Ergh... what contract? There was no contract. They were just partners, there weren't any macguffins keeping them together. I think you're mistaking Humphrey for Pelleas, which is baffling, to say the least. Pelleas ain't fat, for one.

3. Once again, no links involved.

4. Like I said in 1, he had his barrier reinforced by his partner, so he couldn't hope to do the same as Humphrey. That's why Wrys says "at least this one isn't going anywhere" after Humphrey escapes. Perhaps I should've been clearer.

5. Damnit, no such thing as a contract or a link!

I could probably go on, but I don't think I should. Don't want to keep doing this to the heat death of the universe.

Perhaps these answers will suffice?

Ergh... okay, here we go again.

Spoiler

On 20/2/2018 at 12:31 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

zO38ZmV.pngYou do not know what became of the Bernian spy, do you?

S5blGmP.pngActually... no, I don't.

zO38ZmV.pngThat is not good.

cmmpaBx.pngYes, I understand. If Sir Ruben ended up... like this, then he could be literally anywhere!

EoGrgeJ.pngHe could be any of you...

On 20/2/2018 at 12:31 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

S5blGmP.pngWell, in any case, that's my suggestion. Other than that, we should keep our eyes peeled. If anybody acts suspiciously, keep a close eye on him or her, it might be the spy.

9t3otEP.pngBSZ5ges.png

nydA0Hh.png

bSGetoD.png

kt3axTl.png

I don't know, I thought I'd dropped enough clues for it to be quite clear.

Yes, the "demon" posessing Lugh was just route B Humphrey, but of course, with route B Ruben dead, the characters had no way of knowing this, nor did it really matter in the long run.

I'll have you know, I actually lost the update and had to go back and find the quotes all over again. I didn't lose much more, but it was still extremely tedious, so you better show some thankfulness.

"Remember to always correctly nock and loose your arrows to avoid unnecessary injury."

Archery with Wade, all friday nights on TLC.

And some always get bad level ups.

I assume an SoV LP would have a lot of frustration.

All FE has a lot of frustration. It's something one must accept if one wants to become an FE fan.

dicky bow?

duet?

dessert?

.....DS?

You know full well what I was implying.

Also, this is why Zephiel is a prohibitionist after his partying days.

Perhaps that is the true motive behind his genocidal intentions: he's tired of people telling him he's no fun at parties.

Or I was wrong and he's stuck in Ilia.

Hey, you still guessed Wrys correctly! And who knows, perhaps he will return...

Well, I doubt it'd be that easy unless that kind of thing's legal in Ilia.

Roartz's dead, which would complicate the matter. He's also the ugliest human being in Elibe, which would make it virtually infeasible. While an effective threat, Juno's statement would simply be impossible to make a reality. It'd take a lot of guts to marry that.

Next time: JOY.

J  O  Y

On 20/5/2018 at 8:28 PM, deskita said:

At least he doesn't attempt to attack the enemy and mostly stays on pillars for the avoid and defence bonus. Just imagine if he had AI like most green units.

That would make the chapter plain impossible, actually. Kaga would've done that, I'm sure.

On 20/5/2018 at 9:42 PM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Ugh the aftermath scene with Raigh just killed me (again). Good stuff with Juno/Jerrot too, I've always had a soft spot for those two.

Thanks for the kind words!

Hope so! Like I said, I probably shouldn't but I'm seriously hoping Lugh can be rez'd or saved somehow in the end cause all that's just too depressing/cruel for probably my favorite character in the series.

Who knows...

I'll say, :P:. I'm curious to see what you would have done to expand the twins interactions had he lived though.

Eh, I wanted to adapt the plot to the events of the LP for obvious reasons. My hilarious incompetence and Lugh's equally hilarious defense did the rest.

Speaking of, if you're looking for something to play when this one is done, you should check out the green/midori hack of FE8. It's mostly really well made and adds a bunch of mechanics from other FEs as well, though it can be pretty difficult. I'm going through it on HM right now (along with an FE6 random recruit HM), and it has Raigh, Lugh, and Nino too among the cast. You get both Raigh and Lugh super early as well. From 6 there's also Bors, Lance, Wolt, Cecilia, Dieck, Tate, 

I've heard of that one, yes. Consider your suggestion duly noted, although I do have other ideas. We shall see: FE6 isn't done making my life miserable just yet!

I probably missed it if you talked about it earlier, but are you gonna be able to get to 21x? Doesn't Zeiss have to be alive for that?

Indeed, you did miss it, because when he died in 16x, I reset and benched him forever. For all intents and purposes, I consider him dead, and you should too, but technically he's "alive" so that 21x can happen.

On 20/5/2018 at 10:46 PM, eclipse said:

Farewell, Raigh, OP can no longer put you through hell. :P:

When did I say he leaves, exactly? Sure, that does look like a farewell in a way, but I wanted it to feel more like a "I've finally come to terms with my brother's death and I'm trying to mend my relations with the ones who are still left alive" sort of deal.

Bottom line, no, he's not going anywhere, why does everyone keep misinterpreting what I write? First the whole "demon inside Lugh" fiasco, now this? What's next, people are going to think me forgetting about Roundabout is foreshadowing for Rutger's shocking revival?

(No, guys, I'm not really mad. In fact, I had a lot of fun watching you bumble around failing to figure these things out. I'm looking forward to... oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself.)

On 21/5/2018 at 11:28 PM, SoloCross said:

This guy.

Instead of roundabout, it's a gay person. Okay, then. I shall respect hi--

THAT WALKING RAINBOW'S THE LEADER OF THE ILLUMINATI!? WHAT IN THE WORLD OF--

On 22/5/2018 at 4:01 AM, Franp3 said:

It could be worse. It could be Mr. One Good Line.

Or the Brilliant Dumbass. Now I wonder, if Merlinus was also a throwaway boss, would he have ranked higher or lower than Martel? I mean, he is responsible for chapter 7, but Martel managed to break my mind in just three scenes worth of dialogue... hmmm... truly a battle of titans.

Seems to have walls everywhere? Roy, did all the ice puns mess with your head?

He was frozen in shock by the sheer amount of walls everywhere!

Apparently not! Good for him.

Seriously now, in what universe is "build more walls" a sensible plan?

In Tick's head, apparently.

I once had Lilina carry Armads along with Forblaze for nearly the whole game, does that count?

No, it doesn't. Hector is dead. Lilina is a mage. Deal with it.

It matters a Lot, doesn't it?

That pun was so easy, I'm almost ashamed. Almost.

Don't be, I left that pun bait out in the open expressly so that somebody like you would take it. You fell right into my trap! IN GREENLAND!

And so, order is restored to the universe.

HAH! Not even close! He's still speedy enough to be a good dodgetank, defensible enough to survive if the RNGoddess decides it hates me even more than usual, and is the only one who can use the Durandal!

No amount of order is going to be enough to fix this trainwreck, but it's nice to see it's trying.

Exactly. Honestly, I'd rather it didn't. If we've come this far, why not go all the way?

Are you up to date with Heroes? That is IS' idea of a joke.

To be honest, I gave up on wanting to play Heroes the very moment I found out it uses an energy system. I thought only facebook used that!

Tick, Tick, Tick, BOOM.

Wouldn't it have been so awesome if the boss was a bomb and you had a time limit to defuse it (by hitting it with your weapons, God forbid Roy had to use his mind)? Certainly better than getting Copypaste General #680578349698435.

DAKINGINDANORF!

Again?

On 22/5/2018 at 10:51 AM, Garlyle said:

What the actual F!? I mean I know I play a 100.000 year old translation where the game is called Sealed Sword, Wade is called Ward, Deke is called Dieck

DICK!

That was rather dumb, I apologise.

and stuff, but that translation gives this guy a more reasonable name. His name there is Teck. I mean I know it's very close to Treck, but it's still a better name. Now it just feels like this is a mean to be forgettable, last minute addition generic boss. I almost feel bad for him.

Teck was even more forgettable, to be fair. This one delves into "so bad it's good" territory. That doesn't justify it, though.

69 avoid. That's the annoying part that makes you remember this boss, you really don't like to see that stat on Generals.

69 lennyface.

In a more serious note, that's more the throne than anything else. In FE6, the rare thing is to see Generals on thrones that aren't dodgy fuckers. As in, so rare, it's impossible!

He's carrying Sue so she makes them immune to Horseslayer, Rapier and Halberds. Also because I'm pretty sure the horse just want Sue to do the dirty work and doesn't give a single F!

That horse is my new favourite character in the game.

Overall I just like to wait out until the status staves run out, then regroup at the south and start blasting down the walls. At least these walls don't have 100 hit points, otherwise this would've been the perfect map to burn up your remaining Eclipse tomes. I actually only remember the Druids as the annoying part, the brave units didn't give me much trouble. But my real concern at this point is if I have enough weapons for the upcoming chapters.

I should probably be concerned too, I have no anima tomes.

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lk9dwXE.pngHey, you! I, Lord of the Bizarro Universe, want an explanation!

ZyMLR0k.png Oh, dear. What's with Sacae and breaking the 4th wall? Reusing jokes is no...

LghVj9q.png Laughing matter... huehuehuehuehue... heheheh!

Lk9dwXE.png...explain yourself! Why is it that we've been waiting for almost two weeks, yet we've still not been featured in a new update?!

ZyMLR0k.png Come now, Bizarroy, that whole nonsense was just a one-off sort of thing... if I try to do it again, it'll lose its shock value and be rendered into a painful, filler update!

Lk9dwXE.pngHow can you say that, when you've characters such as I to use!?

ZyMLR0k.png You're a Morgan.

Lk9dwXE.pngWhat is that supposed to mean?!

LKx5S5j.pngSigh... what did I tell you? Appearing before our creator would do us no good. I warned you that he looks like an asshole.

Lk9dwXE.pngDon't insult him, Niimo! I can still convince him!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 This is getting out of hand... now there are two of them!

zRZRmlQ.pngHey Dorothy! You're actually cute in this universe!

moJyExw.png Get away from me, Saul! I want no part in your sick games!

ZyMLR0k.png ...man, having no ideas is no good.

Ww5wbHv.png?1 Yes, I had no idea what I was doing when I arranged Nyna's marriage, and look how that turned out.

ZyMLR0k.png You're right, Boah. It is a good thing that I, unlike you, actually have great ideas for the future. Just, nothing that can be put here, in the intro.

LghVj9q.png Just keep reading, folks. This lame attempt at being funny isn't all that there is to this update, nor does it mean that I'm completely out of stuff to write.

zRZRmlQ.pngAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUURGH!

ZyMLR0k.png What now?

moJyExw.png He tried to... S-support with me! So I shot him!

ZyMLR0k.png Damn, I'm so glad I'm almost done with Sacae... my units are starting to kill eachother! A few more chapters, and I wouldn't even have units left to play God with!

Lk9dwXE.pngNow, returning to the matter at hand...

ZyMLR0k.png Yes, damnit, yes, I'll play through your stupid route! Now leave me alone, blistering barnacles!

Lk9dwXE.png Hmph...

Wait, what the hell is this? This isn't a reply!

Spoiler

YVttv9Z.png6dJFdpU.png

At first, I thought to just butcher this chapter like I did the last. Then I realised that'd be a horrible idea because there's no way I could one-up Rormand destroying Bestguy. Therefore, I have decided to play this chapter normally. Well, as normally as I can now that I've ruined the game with my hacking shenanigans. If you notice anything weird, that is the explanation. Sure.

Lk9dwXE.pngExcuse me--

Hush. You don't exist! Stop pretending you do!

Lk9dwXE.png...

pK816fS.png

No trading worthy of note today. That's the army I'll be bringing. Since it's the last Sacae chapter, I thought I'd go wild and bring some of the long forgotten units, such as Allen, Lance, Shanna, etc.

EfSC8jF.png

These names keep getting weirder and weirder. Tempest bow? What does the Mulgreis have to do with tempests?

FVyduv0.pngG6iwPZ0.pngMW79Arf.png4DDUVgB.png

Here is Marral, or perhaps it's Kabul, or maybe it's actually Kudoka, except there is a chance it could be Thoril, but what if it's Chan instead, until it is revealed that it was Brakul all along!

Whoever it is, this is some really generic dialogue.

Zqm4ImI.png

Meh. Let's take a look at what Matthis has to say.

mzeKiT2.png

tAJDX0q.png

wJtzyBf.pngLdODshd.png

10f0y04.pngQ8aOXMy.pngKDKCssL.png

dvcihGK.png

koA2MTG.pngJiC9meQ.png

ELsXGEM.pngd1mbeYl.png

U2XKDu5.png

FJABQ5C.pngCHrDTAR.png

UAzQxWE.pngJJpFvx2.pngKc34bcj.png

krp3CHS.png

3tfvPwz.pngQFF1HNm.png

wG47UOv.pngRMrmQ3k.png

rSGCF7m.pngLEZDM05.png

a3s1OSj.pngCwMovE9.png

AWUX2bS.png

z9pjehU.png

FXugvSg.pngp7amedh.pngFkzzV3a.png

TXxhHvc.png5qxKEVR.png

9i9a6ZT.png

rehN9ym.png9N8G7iH.png

ubYMzZo.png0Jud9sx.pngWqQIN67.png

2gokn32.pngNzZUzXe.png

3akFAPN.pngRhUEt5j.png

J02fWu3.png

lRnDXLl.png

p5CBQWc.pngjR9lk9c.png

v2YEbkN.pngpg4cnNo.pngwi5Jm9g.png

le6nzJN.png

hK3R7qv.pngHR3ruvD.png

JJSCEx9.pngwrEFc4R.png

rnKi5Hy.png

fucYs2Z.pngQtznezA.pngtQxLi3X.png

d7b9lJw.pngXzTRqjp.png

bI2Jfg9.png

The plains are looking yellower than I remember, but then again, it's been a long time since I last played the Sacae route. It's only fair that my memory's a bit dizzy. So, this map. 6 bosses to deal with. I could've sworn they were all sitting on gates, but I supposed I was just misremembering things. The strategy is to go to the bosses, kill them, and seize the gates, hoping one of them holds the Mulgreis. To annoy us, there are enemies. Just the usual stuff, you know. This isn't a very remarkable chapter. The boss isn't ludicrously stupid like Tick, there aren't any particularly idiotic gimmicks... it's very straightforward: go in, kill, seize, repeat if Mulgreis is not found.

OPQ2PxJ.pnghSehe60.png

The first turn, Dayan kills an Archer with his bow.

75Bc5rx.png

The others just move about.

6YDV5iR.pngB7xmH06.png

The Archers attempt to avenge their fallen comrade by shooting at Dayan and Lance. They aren't very successful.

JstXb0F.png0X7q831.png

I, however, have the better Archer: Dorothy!

dlNJn8H.png

Moving forward.

GxNKmuY.png

Oi! Lay off Niime! I know her horrible HP is very tempting, but that's just not a nice thing to do!

dDxMVhG.pngWhSzRdi.pnghFultiO.png

The enemy thinks they can out-archer Dorothy?

zO6YSHl.png

Slim chance, you fools!

zLXRV4P.png

Bah... that's not very good.

JfhBSLh.pngCTG3c0e.png47JEVmx.png

Doggone it, stop firing at Niime, I say! Why do you pay no heed to my commands?

VZ6zz71.png

She leveled up by dodging. HP! Amazing!

OjQdFEt.pngJa3jSPa.png

Holy crap, since when are there ballistae in this map? It is a good thing Dorothy's good.

mo70ppQ.png

Marcus, whom I turned back into a Paladin now that Perceval is gone, kills an Archer.

kBc91TJ.pngSNoUt7O.png

Then Dorothy and Dayan team up to kill more Archers, to varying degrees of success. Don't let it bring you down, Dayan, for...

yne5hUy.png

Your granddaughter is here to finish the job!

VLamoqi.png

Nice! This is all you need and more.

neZSZNZ.png

Ergh... sorry? Haven't you read the thread's title, FE6? There aren't supposed to be any skills involved! That doesn't just apply to me!

ulBLA4F.png

Ah, whatever. Saul, heal your bodyguard, would you?

QvctlwN.pngNA0B8Hn.png

The rest is just the usual boring moving forward.

yFUcRvQ.pnglNQfmBr.pngsL1Xcj0.png

Dammit, stop shooting at Dorothy already, or else... I shall throw a tantrum!

YzDnfKU.png9822vEj.png

Dayan chokes this point. He does so in flying colours.

69fvmU4.png

Dorothy gets shot by the ballistician, but it'd take him another two shots to bring her down, so it's not a problem.

KczQ3LQ.png

Man, Sue. She can't damage this Knight!

Come to think about it, I can't remember this chapter having Knights either...

Qe0K2Fc.png

Let's correct that discrepancy, shall we? We can't have me being mistaken, now can we?

2qRUp9u.pngHhx5UBK.png

A round of healing for everyone on the house, courtesy of Saul and Niime.

z82bRM6.pngMbk8Fgb.png

Dorothy gets a level up out of jeiganing. It's better than the last she got.

OAKwvF1.pngvCZPPLh.png

Moving.png

H0flYng.png

We're not making much progress, are we?

iiIJqss.pnggkoGKAU.png

Sheesh, and Sue can't do anything either... guess it's up to Dorothy again!

iMGOGaw.png

I knew I could count on you!

MpNw7R4.png

It's 'kay, you're doing well. Much unlike in the Ilia route... which happens to be the canon route, but don't let that concern you.

6VA7xS5.pngbx9ctQa.png

Look, this time, the moving pictures are in reverse order!

Y6cJJkW.png

Oh my goodness, a Mage! Dougy's bane!

m1T6h7C.png

Aside from blinding him with a flashbang, he doesn't do too much.

mOm4kDH.png

Okay, that guy's got to go. Saul...

uK55Tdm.png

Let your light magic do the honours!

syJKccL.png

So shiny.

4ogKt66.pngycQ21KO.png

Dorothy hits the mage critically, forbidding him from ever attacking Dougy again.

tiiOo0l.pngbjv3iga.png

Speaking of he who shall not be moved from his King's side, he moves forward to choke the point.

h1Yo3h5.png

There, he proceeds to show a fellow general how it's done...

UebIpAC.pngdyR9ArP.pngTMl1Rhq.png

...while Dayan and Dorothy dodge arrows.

vMazpZ1.png5IqgDrD.png

Dorothy then retaliates, destroying her opposition and earning a decent level up.

Wtxhtmw.pngNGv1PBN.pngQC13HPe.png

Then, healing and moving comes to pass.

N370XZp.png3i3Hm4m.png83GfYDb.png

Rinse, and repeat: some heals later, Dougy is ready to defend.

uNfa6KS.pngqEL4HUe.png

He doesn't do quite as spectacularly well as last time, but that is quite all right.

SmXBsYQ.pngQjTptrn.pngvHZEBLt.png

With Dorothy's aid, he manages to bring another General down.

p8y0ZoQ.pngUkk3Yv9.png

For whatever reason, Roy can speak to this random Thief. Recruitable units? I for the life of me can't recall anything of the sort in this chapter...

r6y70TW.png

Hey, don't swear. This is a christian game.

KAou5d7.pngQ3w5aOR.png

Allen takes a speed potion because he's in a desperate need for stats.

DpKibES.pngJ2uNAvH.pngGEYly0i.png

Marcus takes an arrow the nose, but quickly avenges it with Sue's assistance...

Oh my goodness, she couldn't kill the asshole.

oG6fgf8.png

As always, scratch that, it's Dorothy that does it.

1BQYZOM.png

Nice! Well done, Dorothy.

nsTgJGq.pngLIk2RW7.png

The southern group prepares to face the bosses. All yours, Allen, Lance and Barth!

BmjeCKg.png

Wait, were these guys always supposed to move?

jI60TVL.pngXbICzPz.png

In any case, Barth's good bases allow him to be of use, but... not much so.

ipe5yjY.pngqMsOXpA.png

Jeez. But I'm sure nobody else will be able to reach him.

apjvuOf.pngRbjCMA2.png

Barth, no! Not again!

z060G6o.png

Blistering barnacles! I lost Barth again! Can you believe it?

VCEI6Yk.png

Avenge him, Hugh!

ydxRJ7y.png

...he got critted. Of course.

M9N4nvw.png

WHAT?! ZEISS TOO!?

ejGlyGe.png

DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIE, DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

zbhsCzt.png

Shanna did about as well as I expected her to.

ymFVTTs.png

It seems like Brakul finds Allen to be very imposing. I don't see why, the guy's still a level 1 Cavalier.

Or perhaps it's just that he finds Allen's hairdo to be very Bracool.

9hIlFoY.png7V9d1DC.png

Whatever the case, neither he nor Lance do very well at all. I don't see this ending well at all...

ogiEYY6.pngoqwnhJ6.pngi8yO0e2.png

Damn! Roy is going down!

yERmQQK.png

Never mind. He clinges to life like a businessman.

imNRlr1.png

Aaaaaand he's down.

xJ6j2YZ.png

Well, guess this is how Sacae ends: in a pool of bodies. Oh, well. Let's watch the canon adventures of Matthis and co. now.

ubGcvib.png

aQXIis7.png

bZxG11J.png

RoVLYMW.pngN7dLdOC.png

1etkrqe.png2QBdWeT.png

qMAoc3a.png

OYA6g1H.png

zT046Dp.png

518gJq9.pngG4eWqEk.pngHjU6I1R.pngxcpjg30.png

avur26n.png87HyURE.png

YhQsiNW.png

8Bn9Urx.pngTaWp4Bc.pngdmZljT2.png

cu70vkc.png

hvaggyy.png

uRt7SfT.png0MlrgFZ.png

Lo2lz0n.png

ZELSxZs.png8tFX5s1.png

o7Qmp5Q.png

Rph0N3D.png

P3VXxa9.pngwQ0GWhe.pngoY9108c.png

dbfigkP.png

SoHlwLr.png

Oys0wnB.png

sv2AuWc.pngZzpmvNX.pngqYIQRm7.pngykW0Gfa.png

Dd1lWm9.pngLygkz4V.png

bEXP6Qu.pngRCk6OjC.pngI2AGbF3.png

prkqohO.pngjlHZFKm.pngoXQlQ8A.png

WrBuics.png

i9N27T9.pngV7Sei1X.png0H3HMOQ.png

uODxzI5.pngm000u8F.png

1QtSVnu.png

Okey dokey, that takes care of Sacae. It was an utter trainwreck and I regret having played through it. Next time, we face General Murdock in one of my favourite battles in the game. Don't miss it!

1Tw5igl.pngHJl7uxM.png

mQqnGED.pngVT1cM5H.png

Nhvdj8X.png

NGR5OzX.pngEn9wm4f.png

jMooHLD.png

RbX5wkM.png3iqOzzc.png

FeVRW04.pngOu7UXOD.pngQHWPR8T.pngYIBvnLj.png

80Nfxnx.png

yYNoMrd.pnglgqwrxo.pngYUOdFoq.png

DtTF35R.png

nUv3EzT.pngFRuuAHh.png

ny9wtYU.pngDVdhaqR.png

HtKJrGQ.png

x20Z6QH.pngtVq56fS.pngNSM1gHC.png

RRq7JNW.png

Ijo4yfd.pngvMc41yH.pngy4DYudA.png

t4enSxe.png

GI1gioC.png

Arf1WAQ.pngQilN2EQ.png

5nlVd9w.png

xhjLXKc.png

m2zEXnn.png

Xt9HNjt.png

utxeKUL.png1dUZMeT.pngoK0w6H5.png

gbeXgPr.png

6Qs1bzT.pnggOK0bKe.png

X3AuPD5.pngh6XzLoC.pngftiKjgH.png

r7Ln6wp.png

rGbnAGY.pngEHw0eo2.png

tHbVjKK.pngrNnOsFA.png5z7bokP.png0JQlZtm.png

oTDPNl9.png

FIy6BCC.png

0tfA8IF.pngcCd9SxE.png

ZrhJlM8.pnggb66Vug.pngVy4qOfk.png

ZT8sixj.pngbBgsgPK.png

qpLCY6d.png

TmUiuyp.png2vw0x6e.pngd9UBUou.png

WBbhPc3.pngiqLx5Dk.pngAat3PRI.png

Lm9CyiI.pngr4Uyy4l.png

Gz7636w.pnge1rNnsR.png

G4NeggB.png

WSiLU9y.pngT10iFpQ.png

DOKYYtP.pngMGV3TRI.png

EwXZwH6.png

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Tate

Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

HSq2vAV.png7qlmgpp.pngoLiIOal.pngepncFup.pngl88lL9W.pngTdGaFDN.png

Humphrey, if you didn't have Missingno powers, you wouldn't be able to do what you're doing.

All good questions. Ones I don't think I'll be able to answer in-universe, too, so here, have the answers. In spoilers, just in case somebody wishes to keep pretending I'm not an awful storyteller who needs to break character to answer questions directly.

Reveal hidden contents

1. He passed the magical barrier keeping him down on to his partner, hence the whole "betrayal" thing.

2. Ergh... what contract? There was no contract. They were just partners, there weren't any macguffins keeping them together. I think you're mistaking Humphrey for Pelleas, which is baffling, to say the least. Pelleas ain't fat, for one.

3. Once again, no links involved.

4. Like I said in 1, he had his barrier reinforced by his partner, so he couldn't hope to do the same as Humphrey. That's why Wrys says "at least this one isn't going anywhere" after Humphrey escapes. Perhaps I should've been clearer.

5. Damnit, no such thing as a contract or a link!

Perhaps these answers will suffice?

Ergh... okay, here we go again.

Reveal hidden contents

On 2/19/2018 at 11:31 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

zO38ZmV.pngYou do not know what became of the Bernian spy, do you?

S5blGmP.pngActually... no, I don't.

zO38ZmV.pngThat is not good.

cmmpaBx.pngYes, I understand. If Sir Ruben ended up... like this, then he could be literally anywhere!

EoGrgeJ.pngHe could be any of you...

On 2/19/2018 at 11:31 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

S5blGmP.pngWell, in any case, that's my suggestion. Other than that, we should keep our eyes peeled. If anybody acts suspiciously, keep a close eye on him or her, it might be the spy.

9t3otEP.pngBSZ5ges.png

nydA0Hh.png

bSGetoD.png

kt3axTl.png

I don't know, I thought I'd dropped enough clues for it to be quite clear.

Yes, the "demon" posessing Lugh was just route B Humphrey, but of course, with route B Ruben dead, the characters had no way of knowing this, nor did it really matter in the long run.

I'll have you know, I actually lost the update and had to go back and find the quotes all over again. I didn't lose much more, but it was still extremely tedious, so you better show some thankfulness.

Nah, plenty of authors have explained stuff that wasn't clear to their audience.

Spoiler

1. Well, Humphrey doing so isn't surprising, but I still can't see how he could.

2. I was expecting some demon, hence a contract. Pelleas I can't say anything on, Tellius is the one gap I have on the series.

3/5. Well, I just assume they'd have some link because of the assumed contract.

4. Well, that's what happens when the barrier doubles on you?

Spoiler

So, with that knowledge of Humphrey #2, I can say that wasn't very clear.

It's also perfect, of course he'd make evil plans with himself.

Also that does mean route B goes without much more of a hitch now doesn't it? With Humphrey gone, it's Archanea + Lycia against Bern and possibly Etruria.

Poor odds. For Bern.

So that will do for now. Thank you.

Lk9dwXE.pngExcuse me--

Hush. You don't exist! Stop pretending you do!

I still believe Archanea had an army made of generic Morgans and moon man.

tumblr_lyu6xkcjxl1roejvzo1_400.gif

EfSC8jF.png

These names keep getting weirder and weirder. Tempest bow? What does the Mulgreis have to do with tempests?

Mulagir is associated with wind as an element, hence the name.

Course, it's the one bow that doesn't hit fliers for effective damage. Weird.

wG47UOv.pngRMrmQ3k.pngrSGCF7m.pngLEZDM05.png

Wait, betrayed everyone? When did he do that?

a3s1OSj.pngCwMovE9.png

Good man the Albertus!

(Just assume at this point that I'm some subordinate and self-appointed hypeman)

OPQ2PxJ.pnghSehe60.png

The first turn, Dayan kills an Archer with his bow.

That.... That's a thing that happened.

mo70ppQ.png

Marcus, whom I turned back into a Paladin now that Perceval is gone, kills an Archer.

Truly, that Perceval was more of SD Matthis than I thought.

Blistering barnacles! I lost Barth again! Can you believe it?

>Barth being bad

I am unsurprised.

xJ6j2YZ.png

Well, guess this is how Sacae ends: in a pool of bodies. Oh, well. Let's watch the canon adventures of Matthis and co. now.

Corpses, it appears that Ilia's corpse countdown exploded in Sacae instead.

1etkrqe.png2QBdWeT.png

1-shot by Matthis with Gradivus. That guy has the worst defence.

sv2AuWc.pngZzpmvNX.pngqYIQRm7.pngykW0Gfa.png

Dayan knows what's about to happen and has chosen now to get out of dodge.

Smart.

xhjLXKc.pngm2zEXnn.png

No idea myself.

ZT8sixj.pngbBgsgPK.pngqpLCY6d.png

Everone else.

Death count: Everybody

Well that route's a wash.

Next time: A massive battle, a shit ton of wyverns and a boi who has to reach the throne in 30 turns. This should be interesting.

Too bad Sacae is over. I was started wondering how much weirder it could get. Btw, does Juno replace Tate to make this LP live up for it's name?

Also Dorothy is OP. 

On 26/5/2018 at 8:27 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

p5CBQWc.pngjR9lk9c.png

Frost sure knows how to motivate his men.

Y6cJJkW.png

Oh my goodness, a Mage! Dougy's bane!

quitimentpruimam.thumb.png.acb952f9dbe59c5c98a48b7af9d88931.png

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but this is mildly interesting.

uK55Tdm.png

Let your light magic do the honours!

adustionemproadustione.thumb.png.db52b33ef4fee8ea462dd22544e47176.png

Okay, that's the last one, I promise.

oG6fgf8.png

As always, scratch that, it's Dorothy that does it.

Some things never change, no matter how effed up the ROM may be.

VCEI6Yk.png

Avenge him, Hugh!

vaevaehabitantibusinterra.thumb.png.9e843d29b0ca71fa750cc3a1d9c64f1e.png

Ahaha! I fooled you!

Next time, we face General Murdock in one of my favourite battles in the game. Don't miss it!

You can't tell me what to do!

On 5/26/2018 at 7:27 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Indeed, you did miss it, because when he died in 16x, I reset and benched him forever. For all intents and purposes, I consider him dead, and you should too, but technically he's "alive" so that 21x can happen.

Thanks for the clarification!

Who knows...

Hooray for suspense!

My hilarious incompetence and Lugh's equally hilarious defense did the rest.

Funny note with Lugh and defense...this is my current level 30/4 Lugh in the midori playthrough I mentioned...

Def blessed Lugh!

Absurdly Def blessed Sage is quite handy! I'm pretty sure his growth in it is still bad too, if my first playthrough was anything to go by (had 15 at 30/30).

Also for all the times I've played FE6, I'm not sure I've ever done Sacae more than once. Maaaaybe twice. I really should try it on HM someday, which seems really scary. I also barely ever do B route with 10/11, I'm not even sure I've ever actually leveled Elphin before come to think of it.

Looking forward to Chapter 21!

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

UhNV1JE.png

tw02oNX.png

lFPPYok.pngkyTJKZW.png

8P1gttr.pngGT6IkiQ.pngR97MVUt.png

dnpMldB.png

9U3USKp.png

ZTFDr8V.pngYPMIDag.pngNCwNuF6.pngcZl424r.png

KBbX4UV.pngH2N4XVK.pngTYHOU4H.png

uQkWZon.png

bUuATi2.pngQHhUmTi.png

p4ZHRpL.pngtKpgH1f.png

BjCCQ5V.pngM4i7yzB.png

tmvEXfN.pngIT8i3zX.png

Q7n7pvL.png

O5BADTf.pngAGrUUym.pngTtfWuz4.pngDnHqZJK.png

s41jN2J.png

Pq9Ldta.pnglTWLR2X.pngNjK9w21.png

G1AcKGh.pngYwysbMc.png

E4QmkLj.png

EH4Xnuu.png3l8X9GL.pngc9oM23P.png

71ZX0Bh.pngEUSc1Fp.png

ycJ3SkF.pngIfEfpDR.png7MA4Tmt.png

fklk754.pngFMKXqXx.png

tdSxtAc.pngdMJ0TVS.pnguAk6jOP.png

v1nnr2f.png

4KgVIl7.png

kWVmehY.pngjrpGmTR.png

HlzJ2qs.png

S7gXi96.png

MtbYn17.png

EldwuVh.pngE9VUkbk.png

mlZBXHU.pngf2ofPzq.png

Part 45 - Murderdoc's in.

Over a week, huh? Not that long a wait, I suppose, but compared to my usual "schedule", I'm quite late to the party that I host. Tear Ring Saga is to blame. I finally got around to playing it again with a better emulator. The one I used my first time playing the game, ePSXe, didn't even have trottle mode, which meant when the PS1's shenanigans (read, everything has to load and things happen really slowly) started to really hurt my enjoyment of the game, I had no way of getting past them, so I ended up dropping the game in chapter 36 of 40.

This time, however, I used a far better emulator, Mednafen, one that is said to be even more accurate than Sony's own emulator that they have in-built for retro-compatibility in the PS4, but more importantly, one that actually allows for fast-forwarding the boring parts! When I got to Murdock, I was reaching the final arc of the game, and, well... suffice to say, I just didn't feel like playing FE6. I'm sorry. It's over now, though, so I'll try to get the LP back to speed.

By the way, I know I heartfeltly recommended Tear Ring already in the last LP, but allow me to do it again because, damn, what an awesome game. It's got its flaws, but hey, what doesn't?

There's also the fact that I am getting ever-so-slightly tired of FE6. It's not just the detail of having lost half the cast, the same thing always happens to me at this point in the game. I can't quite explain it, I always get tired and bored here. That doesn't mean I'll quit the LP, but expect that updates might take a little longer than usual. Remember the chronicles in the last LP? Same deal, more or less.

On 26/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, Mad-manakete said:

A couple lazy edits referring to an old meme is the only way to sum this up.

R.I.P. Sacae timeline.

Shame that Sacae Dorothy couldn't have filled her canon-timeline counterpart's boots. Someone has to keep Saul in line.

Yoder's coming, no need to worry.

Reveal hidden contents

5b0957d776a9e_nextstep.png.2d2dcf152b4d8ecd201833cf1e0bcaf4.png5b0957e86452a_nosurvivors.png.a7b6137cd84c6a90a8ab5ad18d8c6f0f.png

Can't say I get the reference, but by now, me not getting things is basically a thread meme (or I like to think of it like that, at any rate), so... eh.

On 27/5/2018 at 5:22 AM, SoloCross said:

So Bizarro Sacae is ded. Not big surprise.

You mean soup rice?

...this won't come back to bite you in the real route now, will it?

Ah, who knows. It's perhaps a little too dumb for the semi-serious half-assedly dramatism that I'm coming up with, but then again, I brought Morgan back to rescue Arcardo, so...

Perhaps in a throwaway joke.

On 27/5/2018 at 9:18 AM, Dayni said:

Humphrey, if you didn't have Missingno powers, you wouldn't be able to do what you're doing.

That's kind of the point.

Nah, plenty of authors have explained stuff that wasn't clear to their audience.

Well, that's reassuring.

Spoiler

1. Well, Humphrey doing so isn't surprising, but I still can't see how he could.

Well... you got me there. My idea's that Wrys got overconfident and let his guard down in order to dump exposition on the others, and Humphrey used this chance to fight back while Wrys wasn't ready to hold him down. Also, magic.

2. I was expecting some demon, hence a contract. Pelleas I can't say anything on, Tellius is the one gap I have on the series.

A fair guess, I must say, even if it was wrong.

About Pelleas, I'm afraid I'm not in the best position to explain it either. I know the basics of it, but I've never played the games, and I don't think I even finished reading the RD LP at the lparchive, so I can't tell you the details.

3/5. Well, I just assume they'd have some link because of the assumed contract.

Okay, good.

4. Well, that's what happens when the barrier doubles on you?

More or less, yes. Double the barrier, double the effort required to break it, right?

Spoiler

So, with that knowledge of Humphrey #2, I can say that wasn't very clear.

Ah, shucks. Well, then... surprise! What a twist, eh?

It's also perfect, of course he'd make evil plans with himself.

That was the idea, indeed. Although, I don't see the correlation to the video... sorry for making you guys explain everything to me like some sort of dumb toddler.

Also that does mean route B goes without much more of a hitch now doesn't it?

Yeah, I'll confirm it now, since there's so little left of the game anyway. Both Ruben and Humphrey from route B are dead. And Elen. And Barth.

With Humphrey gone, it's Archanea + Lycia against Bern and possibly Etruria.

Etruria? What do you mean? We are the Etrurian army, remember? Unless...

Poor odds. For Bern.

Exactly. Except they got Murdock.

So that will do for now. Thank you.

I still believe Archanea had an army made of generic Morgans and moon man.

Archanea? Why Archanea? What, does everybody have an army of Morgans now?

How about we make IntSys replace every "generic soldier" portrait in every future FE with Morgan? Just imagine it... Hero Morgan, Sage Morgan, Paladin Morgan, Brigand Morgan, Pegasus Knight Morgan... so much potential to be explored! Hmmm... give me a minute.

zNWlueh.png

Damn, look at all those generics! Now they look extra generic! Isn't that great? Yep, I did spend way too much time making these.

tumblr_lyu6xkcjxl1roejvzo1_400.gif

Just go ahead, don't let me take your beliefs away from you.

Mulagir is associated with wind as an element, hence the name.

Course, it's the one bow that doesn't hit fliers for effective damage. Weird.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it does, because every flier from when it's obtained on out is a Wyvern Rider. Practicality!

Wait, betrayed everyone? When did he do that?

He did betray Etruria by joining Bern, and he did betray Bern by joining Etruria. Of course, there's the fact that he never really betrayed Etruria, but hey, let him feel that good ol' Lorenz-ish remorse.

Good man the Albertus!

(Just assume at this point that I'm some subordinate and self-appointed hypeman)

Hwahah... okay, that's good. LP canon, even!

That.... That's a thing that happened.

You know, I'm going to break character here and say, I absolutely adore how everyone played along with the joke and pretended I wasn't playing Tear Ring Saga and calling it FE6. Godspeed, you guys. I'm proud of y'all.

Truly, that Perceval was more of SD Matthis than I thought.

That has to be the most clever joke I've heard in a while. My hat's off to you, my friend. I didn't even get it until I finally got around to writing this up.

>Barth being bad

I am unsurprised.

Let us all be throughoutly unimpressed at Legoman in communion.

Corpses, it appears that Ilia's corpse countdown exploded in Sacae instead.

Hey, you did jinx my run of Tear Ring Saga FE6. But joke's on you, there, I could actually reset!

1-shot by Matthis with Gradivus. That guy has the worst defence.

Not really. That Matthis is the same Matthis from my signature, so that's 27 strength, plus 20 might from the Gradivus, that makes it 47 attack...

1etkrqe.png

LvkYbyA.png?1

5Tw9X9k.png

Dayan knows what's about to happen and has chosen now to get out of dodge.

Smart.

Smarter than me. I could've feigned forum deceasing and become a lurker by the name of, uh, "murgani.3161". Yes, that would've surely worked. But nope, gotta see this through because muh integrity.

No idea myself.

It was an insult, because they say the best comedy punches up, not down, and you can't punch much higher than yourself, can you?

Everone else.

I needed a way to justify Yoder still having that thing, so... best pin it on the Good Man!

Well that route's a wash.

I'll admit, I'm glad its over.

Next time: A massive battle, a shit ton of wyverns and a boi who has to reach the throne in 30 turns. This should be interesting.

Spoiler alert: only one of those will happen.

On 28/5/2018 at 10:03 AM, Garlyle said:

Too bad Sacae is over. I was started wondering how much weirder it could get.

Maybe it would've become Jesus: Kyōfu No Bio Monster in a couple of chapters.

Btw, does Juno replace Tate to make this LP live up for it's name?

No. No! No, she doesn't! Do you not want me to finish the fucking thing!?

Also Dorothy is OP. 

Ain't she?

On 29/5/2018 at 3:40 AM, Franp3 said:

Frost sure knows how to motivate his men.

I thought we'd left the "let's bully Ruben's favourite character because it's fun to be an asshole" phase.

quitimentpruimam.thumb.png.acb952f9dbe59c5c98a48b7af9d88931.png

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but this is mildly interesting.

Oh, yes, please.

adustionemproadustione.thumb.png.db52b33ef4fee8ea462dd22544e47176.png

Okay, that's the last one, I promise.

Why would you promise such a thing? Keep 'em coming! I could do it myself, but it'd take effort. About ten times less effort than what it's taking me to say that would take too much effort. My head hurts.

Some things never change, no matter how effed up the ROM may be.

Except in the least effed up ROM, she's dead. Urgh...

vaevaehabitantibusinterra.thumb.png.9e843d29b0ca71fa750cc3a1d9c64f1e.png

Ahaha! I fooled you!

Nice! But... wait, what? Alas for the citizens of the earth? That... actually makes sense, if you imagine google forgot it was supposed to be translating to english and that "alas" isn't the english "alas", but the spanish "alas", which, as we know from the last LP, is spanish for "wings".

In other words, google translator fails at translating once again. Who could've foreseen this?!

You can't tell me what to do!

Does that mean you're going to miss this one?

Good. I can talk shit about you and you'll never know. Here it goes: Franp3, I love you as much as Gabe Newell would. If you actually do read this, see if you can figure the riddle out.

On 1/6/2018 at 2:19 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Thanks for the clarification!

I aim to please. By, uh, killing all your favourite units with my incompetence. Except for Rutger, that one I murdered in cold blood because of my hatred for him.

Hooray for suspense!

Yes, it's been like that all LP.

Funny note with Lugh and defense...this is my current level 30/4 Lugh in the midori playthrough I mentioned...

Def blessed Lugh!

Well, to be fair, I've heard these japanese hacks are quite fond of stat inflation, so in that setting, these stats are... to be expected, I suppose?

It's one of the reasons why I appreciate Sword of Heaven and Earth so much. Somebody needs to get around to translating that one...

Absurdly Def blessed Sage is quite handy! I'm pretty sure his growth in it is still bad too, if my first playthrough was anything to go by (had 15 at 30/30).

15 is bad?! I throw a party when my mages manage to reach 10!

Also for all the times I've played FE6, I'm not sure I've ever done Sacae more than once. Maaaaybe twice. I really should try it on HM someday, which seems really scary. I also barely ever do B route with 10/11, I'm not even sure I've ever actually leveled Elphin before come to think of it.

Pro-hint: don't. At least, not in ironman mode. You'll end up going apeshit on the ROM. What, how I know this? Oh, I have no idea... it's just instinct.

Looking forward to Chapter 21!

Heheh... I wish I could say I share that sentiment.

Spoiler

TVpLyt6.png

Spoiler

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Tate

Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

No comment.

Xxa3AH2.pngIu0YjtE.png

Murdock! The man himself! If only he'd join me, I might actually not suffer aneurysms whenever I think of continuing to play FE6!

5Gb1BDW.pngaOvPpG8.png

What-- even the game's betting against me and my army?! Damnit, universe! Lot will survive this game, if it's the last thing I do!

LJcLru9.pnglIWUw57.png7ChLdKL.pngM5hlxRj.pngo1MqKVc.pngqiGgClc.pngKWgNtCn.pngaD24fWc.pngMKjWPFF.png

Trading. Notice the problematic lack of giving Niime her angelic robe.

IGGQFzM.png

However, this time I wasn't an idiot and actually remembered there were things to be done. First, make sure Juno has space in her pockets for both our cards, so that she can visit the secret shop merely to pass the time, because our coffers are empty and I need anima tomes more than stats right now anyway.

rL2aL8k.png

While we're here, this is today's team. This chapter allows for a crapton of units, but I mean, who else could I bring? Milady? Perceval? That's just asking for trouble.

Dt3Npak.pngjz9Xbbi.png9hh1SaZ.pngXSjdq1W.png

Nice! I'm relieved to see these screenshots. I was starting to fear that maybe I had just dreamt handing out the statboosters at last, and that in reality, Niime had been one-shot by a Wyvern and my brain reacted by erasing that memory from my mind.

Alas, that may very well still happen. 32 HP still isn't that much.

MBNN3iY.png

Guess what it is that we will not be getting today!

ahrOOjp.pngizgbuJQ.png7yAXEEL.png

Here are Murdock, Greatest General of Bern, and Gale, the guy without pupils.

4WRbQyY.pngNxgusR0.pngdIedtSE.pngkRGvLTZ.png

I wish that weren't true, but Gale does protagonize one of this chapter's brilliant dickmoves.

m8CFlcu.pngeFn8FoW.png

Not really, you're the sole man short of Zephiel himself who can compare to Lot.

aSD6mOj.png6jS1T4s.png

No, General Borgan. Who else?

Ironically, that would be a valid nitpick if I hadn't shoehorned another, far more powerful General into the game's plot. Who, rather amusingly, isn't my self-insert. My self-insert can't run. I've low self-steem. Who could've foreseen that?

EtkSD56.pngvmyZD71.png

Hahahahah.

Hah hah hah hah hah!

HWAH HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!

UWAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAno. There is no way, in this universe or in any other alternate dimension ever, that a fight between you and Roy would be fair.

DlsO5hl.png

Wait, I don't remember this.

YXF8yNX.pngh94yVwf.png1FVuTOg.pngZwDpZAh.pngT4ZXWzN.pngFpkVipB.png

jTgcGOd.png

qTiavuQ.png

wxmejdH.png

Okay, that was fun...

AS8m4bL.pngU2b3naQ.pngYFdRVCX.png

Shut up, I'm not lazy. He did return to Etruria to get the staff. That's LP canon.

y2DPCKi.pnghvPh87i.png

Besides, that's not what we're here for.

F97CHLj.pngf84IEYl.png

What we're here for is to retread a path that has been walked through countless times already because Japan assumes I have a very short attention span.

y4hrtMB.pngkmqugCJ.pngZhCTZpM.png457CfnF.png

Oh, and to say "what?!". Roy's main storyline dialogue can more or less be summarized in its entirety with these screenshots.

U2b3naQ.png457CfnF.pngIMwTStj.pngdpeqeOC.png

There, no need to show the plot for the rest of the game.

DCVU3fL.pngxsw6vBO.pngIMwTStj.png

See?

tq28KZ5.pngSIO8GmB.pngNUGGvQa.png69eeDHZ.png

Why would we wish to seal it once again? Do we want this to happen again? What is it you're not telling us, Yoder?

zpRqf5n.pngMAKpjke.pngK4Hy9FY.pngTSo4vnL.png

Sure, that's a fair guess.

lfAzW3S.png8lOykOe.pngdpeqeOC.png

Roy repeats what his interlocutor just told him, check.

V8Gurxu.pngpEqdebd.pngfJrcPDc.png

You know, for such a brilliant man, Zephiel didn't really think this one through. He could've given Idoun some ragged peasant clothes and sent her away to a random remote village to become a factory of generic dragons where nobody would bother to look for her. Instead, he drags her around the continent with him even when he doesn't want dragons to be summoned, which ensures anybody with half a brain and knowledge of the demon dragon's resurrection would be able to connect the dots.

Maybe he's just in love. That foolish human... to quote bestboss:

jMsTMXt.png

U40ZeYV.pngPrGFhTV.pngRr8NOLB.png

Dragons can't remain in dragon form for extended periods of time because it's too tiresome, and that includes the oh-so-mighty demon dragon. It's a wonder they lost the war.

fJswhe9.png80C1hfD.pngEC2hK5V.png

Yey, another staffbot!

Aet42EN.pngqjksNm0.pngAcuGFnZ.png

Shut up, I'm not lazy. Yoder's just a senile old fool who forgot who really got the Mulgreis for him.

Okay, no, I can't besmirch Yoder's good name so. I am just lazy.

m5HOVRf.pngRZbxn3e.pngxpJFHTt.png

And like that, it's over. What, no exclamation marks? That's the sort of sentence that deserves to end with a "!"!

gHpnhv6.png

o7lnqDm.pngcJPDvA9.pngB2umyNw.png3YgdG2x.png

zwyXnxc.pngXDCcohO.pngDIRvQGm.png

RaCCxbH.png

ZOXhrIH.pngEZhBZ9I.png

LHCGYkV.pnghgrMdj0.png

qw31KgJ.png

zodi5iY.pngKkqe1CG.png

NFHAWFP.png4vrpsuc.png

BRL6qiq.pngHxPbJXW.png

CA7LzQl.png

ql9RiGN.png

FWvjfey.pngcmCYjhK.pngVZFYgjH.pngneg00ZM.pngr0N4b0c.png

JUEXXPL.png

9I0eE6V.png

emJrxCb.pngJ9wIqra.pngdovUY5h.png

xhoZg6A.pngZg2jZOs.pnglKXFQfI.png

8Pl5TJh.pngjOFQJPS.png

4jm5wpO.pngthWiT48.png

3JTo07i.png

c4phC2p.png

SZAv0jP.png

AmFgWSw.png

9C6Q1ML.png

Fuck my life, there's a hole in the middle of the map. Well, too late to go back and correct it now, I'm afraid! It's not important, I mean, what could there be in those tiny pixels? Nothing relevant, I'm sure.

oaZX2Sj.png

Oh God! Let's move on.

So this map. This map is pretty intense: approaching the shrine from any side triggers Gale to appear alongside a crapton of Wyverns, and the Sage has bolting, meaning you have to rush Murdock or you risk losing somebody to Gale and his goons. There's also the fact that the map has a 30-turn time limit if you want to be able to actually finish the game. However, the main dish of the day are the Paladins and Wyverns: Murdock clearly knows that spamming strong units is the way to go, unlike, rather funnily, King Zephiel himself (you'll see when we get to chapter 21). What this all amounts to is a chapter that's quite tough, but very epic. When you beat this chapter, you know you've done a great job.

Lastly, this chapter introduces great phase themes.

Sadly, I fear I might never beat this chapter. Not without casualties, at any rate, and while at this point I don't really need anyone other than Lot, Wade for the support, and a healer to beat the game, I'd like it if I could bring, you know, an actual team to the endgame.

Iyh9KZJ.pngWfkf49o.png

Here's Yoder. He has growths, but they don't matter. Yoder's... eh. He arrives later than Niime with worse bases (resistance aside) and a worse magic type, and while his HP is even better than post-angelic robe Niime, his durability still leaves much to be desired. That said, being worse than Niime doesn't make him outright bad: he's a great staffbot, and can deal some decent damage if you're in a desperate need for it. Not to mention, if you lost/didn't train Saul or Elen, he's the last candidate for using the Aureola. I don't know if I will use him: depending on how this map ends, I might actually have the deployment slots for him, and he's Saul's next best support partner, so there's that. If he lives, that is.

Also, fun fact:

OwsRWav.png

His stats are comparable to Orlo's. Orlo has a little less speed, skill and resistance in exchange for better luck, defense, HP and con. Then there's of course the fact that Orlo was a level 8 Bishop back in chapter 11, while Yoder's capped.

Man, this guy. Will he ever cease to posthumously amaze me? I would doubt it.

UX6rVl7.png84J2kzd.png

As for the legendary weapons, the staff is basically a 3-use fortify in a game where fortify is effectively unobtainable (yes, yes, I know Brunja has one in the trial maps, but who cares about those, really?) which cannot be used more than twice because otherwise, you can't truly beat the game.

Murgleis, which I've been mispronouncing all game long, as I'm just noticing now (seriously, I could've sworn it was called "Mulgreis"... it is irrelevant: the official translation is Mulagir, anyway), is more interesting. A weapon that ruins Wyverns is always good, but one that allows for doubling Lords (which, more often than not, cannot be one-shot by legendary weapons) more easily or dodging more efficiently is even better.  I like it.

pVvocPU.png

Igrene, you may take the super-bow.

Q7Jruql.pngcpc0DKB.png2HGd5dN.pngx6C0mXv.png

The four people chosen for this statboosting session put their stuff to good use now that they've still the time to spare. I'm tired of Lot missing; Dougy just barely gets doubled (the average speed in this map, and probably the rest from here on out, seems to be 15), which means giving him a speedwing now will fix that issue forever; Niime needs no further explanation, and Saul no longer has Dorothy to protect him from crits.

ae2On7c.png6Oq8d3Y.png

Also, Merlinus takes some vendor crap that Roy's been carrying. He'll be heading north to sell it all.

9YUqEIQ.png

See, that would've been 50 damage without the speedwing. Truly a great use for the speedwing, this of ensuring Dougy's continued survival.

00oinyB.pngaVA2rWl.png

Here's Yoder. His sprite is okay. His damage may seem great, but considering his enemy out-HPs him by 5 hitpoints...

rFNTObX.png

Saul has a conversation with Yoder here. Dorothy too, but...

1YZrgZH.pngfuiOBlk.pngcvT5Cbt.png

You're not going to address the obvious issue with Yoder's statement, Saul?

7CymLWt.png

Okay, then.

v3MfyMJ.png

Oh, so you do know how he is? And you still sent him away to Roy for this mission of utmost importance?

Mayhaps he just wanted to send him away anywhere so that every female in the church didn't turn to atheism and Roy was the most plausible excuse. Sacrificing Dorothy was a necessary evil.

MfNmB8s.pngDLfV9XI.png

No, it isn't. I'm sorry, Saul, but I'm not buying it, and neither is Y--

QfsPHfU.pngTmAsvBR.png

...wishful thinking, or foolishness? Draw your own conclussions.

DtFkFBq.pnglPvY0Uy.png

CsLQPOc.pngwixWUZB.png

IHzu8DW.png

kVWKjhW.png

eSNc1kC.png

zjNMMK7.png49ovWKW.pngxlz6zVd.png

1UKSpPL.png

Qo877Gv.png8eMSjx6.pngPrFy5mE.png

kXKooNS.png

KW4hAn7.png3zl9vKs.png

t6SeogJ.png7317RZp.png

lSThY1W.png

EicYRdG.pngjEKDOl1.png

Dougy avenges his health, or tries to. However, he remembers all too late that he had already been healed, and with his king safely in Aquleia, he had no reason to charge against this guy.

scwFboM.png

Standing there reminiscing wasn't the best idea, all things considered.

RGA9F1k.png

Juno.png

Dke1Ekv.png

Take the kill, Sue. At least you can.

SImCvyK.png

More healing for the wonderful General.

uAb8z41.png

Lot, why are you shooting a brush with white paint in it at the enemy? What do you hope to gain by painting his face white?

abQQieT.pngC2cDNTi.png

More vendor trash! When will I ever need a bag of antitoxins? In total, all the vendor trash nets me enough cash to buy exactly one statbooster. It's not worth it.

weHobjO.png

What a clusterfuck of units. But at least it's not a clusterfuck of enemy units. Yet.

Kz5LBY6.pngrzV1xZ1.pngDirtihb.png

Lot gets hurt. It's not very grave.

kihnooN.png

This, however... why am I so lucky?

zj9NGxR.png

At least he killed the asshat for his troubles.

KKJOoP2.pngC5G3iIi.png7M3KXkt.png

Player phase! Wade kills this guy while Lot deals with a Wyvern Lord.

LlU2DQ1.pngQgQVHXr.png4pwhfqu.png

Yoder does what he does best: staffbotting. Hugh, too.

E2y8Bcx.pngQaoXQ4E.pnganb52aP.png

Tate has been better than Sue all game long, but now that we've reached flierlandia, Sue's finally in her element.

aYAd4GT.png

Juno... Juno is utterly useless. See, this is why I dislike her as a unit so much. Dayan can at least do some damage. What can Juno do? Flier utility? What, exactly, is so useful about a flier that can't do anything at all and gets demolished by any two enemies (or, sometimes, one) that do so much as looking at her funny, this late in the game?

9NEIiPM.png218NFhp.png

Whatever, more vendor trash. Two statboosters!

S5Of3nT.png

Also, he's screwed. Again.

jyxtN4H.pngLwttJbl.png

In retrospect, I should've let Yoder take over Saul's staffbotting responsabilities. His magic is better than Saul's, and while Saul is superior in every other, that only matters for combat, which is what Saul's best at anyway.

zm0jzfd.pngrKVDkpe.png

Juno takes Cecilia out of harm's way. Well, at least she's making herself useful...

gBqofEx.pngyg95lUN.png39thhq3.pngOUwf0o1.png

People dodge stuff. The usual deal.

XEWCxDK.pngx1hJlaf.pngmFS34n9.pngU5fYbMt.png

What isn't the usual deal is that Merlinus actually dodged three hits before going down. Whoa. Maybe in twenty chapters or so he'll actually level up.

ty1LbjR.png

Oh, goodness gracious...

p6CNQaz.png

For the love of-- stop it! Dodge something! Why is it that the tanks dodge everything but the squishies (or, well, squishier than Lot and Dougy, at least) don't?

rD5VH5f.pngDuOGk8L.png

Okay, you've redeemed yourself, Tate.

VJun2vv.png

Hwahahah! Amazing! If only we could--

QOCCzky.png

Of course. It was too much to ask.

wb6Fp5x.pngJIqiP6B.pngEwleRwc.png

Sigh...

vEJ9D24.png

So... that's been the update, folks. I know, I know, that sucked a rat's ass. We didn't accomplish anything today. I'm sorry. Frankly, I'm only pushing this update because I don't want to leave you guys hanging for even longer than I already have. Yes, this is a filler update. Again, I'm truly sorry.

Next time, hopefully, we'll actually make it to Murdock. Or Gale. Or anyone. See you then.

wBud9rZ.png

orCDQor.pngThwMthQ.pngkAnnTMo.pngGi8yg2q.png

3dj0aje.pngs6yUkvy.pngBT49uDN.png

fZ78v9P.pngsvznlQt.pngto2jbLa.png

4fnT5kI.pngI6fHvgM.png

YE8coZf.pngjRV6dSd.pngysnVIjs.png

OSPRmtG.png

9NAaSnQ.pngP83ZrBn.png

6ZKKDQn.png

Zu6PyCj.pngO0sRaXC.png

p8LI9lo.png9XEEc0K.png

Umnf2mN.png

SRa68mH.png

DcCSVVK.png

NpnDocR.png

otdgNGR.png

l3BvlsD.png

f27ZTlb.png9LNiVZa.png

x6XWdjg.png

DYzfLxv.pngulKvGYM.png

8jhQQ9l.pngS8lac2O.png

S1T4rMj.png

ar0PjFL.png

KjEPQhe.pngYEeOBnZ.png

hS3XYXX.png

Why, yes, I did purposely make those two look as generic as possible. Filler plot!

To be continued.

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Tate

Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 8

Merlinus death count: 13

Ummm, if I recall correctly, you can use up the Saint's Staff and still be able to reach the true ending. You only need Durandal, Armads, Forblaze, Aureola, Apocalypse, Murgleis and Maltet...

And patience and endurance and smart tactics and Lilina. But also keep Fa alive for extra credits.

Hmm, maybe you are right about Juno, this map is not ideal for her to shine(a mage or archer more likely). In my opinion going all the way to the south and then turning at the bottom is the safest way, all other options gave me a lot of struggle. The final reinforcements by the shrine is going to slow you down, but you still going to have enough time, Gale will reach you most likely. 

That was the idea, indeed. Although, I don't see the correlation to the video... sorry for making you guys explain everything to me like some sort of dumb toddler.

Well that was a mistake, I thought there was evil laughing in that clip.

Etruria? What do you mean? We are the Etrurian army, remember? Unless...

Poor odds. For Bern.

Exactly. Except they got Murdock.

I meant the B route.

They don't have Humphrey to help any more.

Orlo is still alive though.

How about we make IntSys replace every "generic soldier" portrait in every future FE with Morgan? Just imagine it... Hero Morgan, Sage Morgan, Paladin Morgan, Brigand Morgan, Pegasus Knight Morgan... so much potential to be explored! Hmmm... give me a minute.

zNWlueh.png

Damn, look at all those generics! Now they look extra generic! Isn't that great? Yep, I did spend way too much time making these.

Nah, I think Valentia's is a bunch of Boies.

1etkrqe.png

LvkYbyA.png?1

5Tw9X9k.png

I'll just leave this here as appropriate background music.

Spoiler alert: only one of those will happen.

Do you get your LTC on?

5Gb1BDW.pngaOvPpG8.png

What-- even the game's betting against me and my army?! Damnit, universe! Lot will survive this game, if it's the last thing I do!

I think it's betting on lots of dead, not who's winning.

The narrator's bet the farm on there being thousands dead.

While we're here, this is today's team. This chapter allows for a crapton of units, but I mean, who else could I bring? Milady? Perceval? That's just asking for trouble.

..... YES!

Miredy could have helped with the village (and the item could be sold for money, enough for a stat booster) and Perceval could distract a shit ton of level 5 wyverns with no weapons.

See?They could have been warm bodies to distract dangit! A fitting death for them (at least for your LP).

7yAXEEL.png

Here are Murdock, Greatest General of Bern, and Gale, the guy without pupils.

I think he does. At least, in his right eye. 

YXF8yNX.pngh94yVwf.png1FVuTOg.pngZwDpZAh.pngT4ZXWzN.pngFpkVipB.png

Why this scene? We know reinforcements are coming anyway.

U40ZeYV.pngPrGFhTV.pngRr8NOLB.png

Dragons can't remain in dragon form for extended periods of time because it's too tiresome, and that includes the oh-so-mighty demon dragon. It's a wonder they lost the war.

.... Because Elibe is bad for dragons.

emJrxCb.pngJ9wIqra.pngdovUY5h.png

Roartz just couldn't stop leaving a bloody swathe across Etrurian politics.

No wonder Etruria's barely involved in the army under their own name.

OwsRWav.png

His stats are comparable to Orlo's. Orlo has a little less speed, skill and resistance in exchange for better luck, defense, HP and con. Then there's of course the fact that Orlo was a level 8 Bishop back in chapter 11, while Yoder's capped.

*Sad trumpet

Man, Yodel really is that bad huh?

As for the legendary weapons, the staff is basically a 3-use fortify in a game where fortify is effectively unobtainable (yes, yes, I know Brunja has one in the trial maps, but who cares about those, really?) which cannot be used more than twice because otherwise, you can't truly beat the game.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Course, you'd want at least one use for the last 3 maps.

jEKDOl1.png

Dougy avenges his health, or tries to. However, he remembers all too late that he had already been healed, and with his king safely in Aquleia, he had no reason to charge against this guy.

Well that lance looks fitting of a king.

Maybe it's a gift from Mordred so Douglas is always by the king's side?

aYAd4GT.png

Juno... Juno is utterly useless. See, this is why I dislike her as a unit so much. Dayan can at least do some damage. What can Juno do? Flier utility? What, exactly, is so useful about a flier that can't do anything at all and gets demolished by any two enemies (or, sometimes, one) that do so much as looking at her funny, this late in the game?

Trying to use her in combat necessitates favouritism and the triangle attack.

wb6Fp5x.pngJIqiP6B.pngEwleRwc.png

Sigh...

Well, that's the way the boi crumbles.

orCDQor.pngThwMthQ.pngkAnnTMo.pngGi8yg2q.png

Why is everyone copying Orlo?

There are other creepy bishops, people! You just look rather crap when you do it.

Anyways, Roy dies again. Zephiel wins.