Let's make world conquest easier for Zephiel - Let's play Ironman Fire Emblem 6, without skills!

Saint Rubenio

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/7/2018 at 8:51 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I like feedback. I'd like my next LP to be a little less of a trainwreck... oh, who am I kidding, the main selling point of my LPs is that they suck.

You suck at the game, yes, but your LPs are genuinely entertaining. Credit where credit is due.

cvnw5Im.pngAFt8s7P.png

He's a bad villain, that's who.

I found these comments in r/fe the other day and decided they were too topical to not use.image.thumb.png.95d76f70ce1769b6feaabbd9e8732d92.png

So you're a special little snowflake, is that what you're saying?

If being the literal last member of your species doesn't make you a "special little snowflake", Idun know what does.

So we're going to do exactly what we were about to do anyway, except we get trivia as a bonus. Good job, Jahn.

Don't look a gift horse in the asshole, Ruben. We're supposed to be on the winning side of the deal.

Or maybe he just hid under a cupboard or something and that's why he didn't get killed, making him the smartest of the dragons.

What do you mean, maybe? I thought that was the canon explanation.

Q3D0x2I.pngggPnuZX.png

You were weaker before!? In the name of-- ah, fuck it. He's not worth the effort.

If someone actually made a Scouring hack one day, Jahn should be the prologue boss.

3qoEjzf.png

Let's play Fire Emblem 6: Unlimited Badness Works.

Edited by Franp3

23 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lvu2Sor.png

Well, he's snapped under pressure. Whatever intelligent thought was there is gone.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:51 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

0lTKvDn.png2P5h3NC.pngFVQZ5hw.png

The traps that-- you mean they hid these contraptions that had the potential to destroy the world behind spears that do 10 damage?! What in the world was wrong with those guys? Who was in charge of hiding the weapons? An ancestor of Martel?

sN0NevO.png

No no no no, you're wrong, Jahn, that was so idiotic. Why is every figure of legend in the Elibean lore so bad at things? Athos forgot he put a village in a desert, Bramimond put the well-being of his edginess above all else, Durban cursed his own weapon so that those who used it to save the world would die a terrible death (although that's debatable), Hartmut didn't kill the ultimate weapon of mass genocide, the guy from Lycia whose name I can't remember... I don't know, but I'm sure he was a jerk, too. Everyone sucked! How did we win?

Martel's ancestor. Now that's a picture.
Lycia's guy was Roland and I'm sure he did something wrong because the legendary figure he's named for accidentally killed his best friend. Is that grasping?

On 7/30/2018 at 9:51 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

fuM4BfH.png6DmsvVO.png8n9iglT.pngofsXgG0.png

Isn't that convenient. Why even bring up that contrived argument to make humans look bad if you're just going to wave it off with such a weak excuse?

He probably shouldn't have mentioned that. It might have stopped the weapons being used and gave him a little more chance. Not much, just a little.

Well, that riddle of "Humphrey's" is a little obvious. Guess you are taking credit for the deaths you blamed on him after all.

On 7/30/2018 at 12:51 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

AwLnoxe.png

JRjktKr.png

BUT WHO'LL BE BY THE KING'S SIDE?

KndGyZw.pngQHmi4aU.png

Ah, I guess he'll be by himself then.

Dammit all Douglas!

XChVHz8.pngoLVEtpR.pngjVnbZmy.pngJuwBamD.png

QLlqZgn.pngrFMGIEL.pngAZg4Ao1.pngmD9k2yM.png

8WPVmRN.png

Jerrot needed something to do. So why not be king?

4FT6tpn.png

"Why should we have to toil under the yoke of a foreign land?"

"FOR THE PROLETA- MONARCHY!"

".....

Fuck that guy!"

pHU70rr.png

I feel like that should be Eliwood saying this.

lvu2Sor.png

Has he just started hugging himself madly?

Well, he tried.

Not really, no, aside from the clunky UI, the terrible balance and the rather questionable map design choices. The story, though? The story's great. It kicks FE6 completely out of the park, that much is true.

Well, that is, until you think about the fact that they decided to call two characters Luchar and Lucharba. Are you fucking serious, FEHeroes? What was your issue with Johan and Johalva that you deemed "Fight" and "Fightba" better names to make official? Hello! There are some spanish people playing your game, you idiots!

UI could be worse to be fair, it's still improved from previous titles. Balance and map design though? No disagreements there.

Also, there's a good chance those names won't stick. Beisdes, Ruminant has already said what's what.

Hah! You didn't see that one coming, did you?!

I didn't see you being nice to Percival coming to be honest.

Jeez, you really love to hate him, don't you?

Kinda, yeah.

In all seriousness, don't forget, this guy was defeated by Matthis and his men. He probably came more prepared for them than the rest. Also, numbers always win, right?

"Numbers didn't work last time, so I'll just get more numbers. I can't possibly lose!"

I'm really happy with Cecilia. I never thought she'd amount to anything, and deep down, I expected her to die. But nope, here she is, still the great staffbot and occasional chip damager she's always been. She's survived many messy encounters, she's been a reliable healer, a great support partner for Lilina and she's even had her moments in combat. Kudos to you, Cecilia, you defied my expectations. I never did use you seriously before. I see now that was a mistake.

Still not sure I could trust her surviving long, but eh what do I know.

Lilina's basically what you'd expect from her. She's got a ton of magic, and nothing else. Her speed's better than I thought it'd be, though, so there's that. A reliable Sage, I'm glad to still have her after worrying so much about her defense.

Yeah, I'm unsurprised by her having that much speed. It's the reason I'd rank her pretty highly.

Niime... eh. She's got a ton of power and decent speed, but even more so than Lilina, she just can't take a hit. Almost literally everything kills her in one hit. This, coupled with her high-ass level, made me use her mainly as a staffbot, discarding nosferatanking except for extreme cases. Still, last dark mage, I'll take her for what she's worth.

So would I.

Saul. Saul, Saul, Saul. Something feels wrong about the fact that this guy is the speediest member of my team. My first offensive mage who could actually fight without getting destroyed, he's always been quite reliable. His usability took a mighty blow when her bodyguard bit the dust, though, as he could no longer avoid everything as he used to. Even so, I like him. He helped a lot all throughout the game, even if his highest point was obviously the midgame.

The fact that so few units have as high speed is something ridiculous from this LP.

I kept comparing her with Castor, but really, I think a better last LP counterpart for Sue would be Athena, the late bloomer. Sue was pretty bad at the beginning, but as time went on, she became better and better until finally, I ended up using her for more than just "having the ability to choose between Ilia and Sacae easily". Good thing, too, because she was bad as hell at that. I still have Vietnam flashbacks to that day... urk. Good unit, in the end. I'm happy I gave her a thousand chances.

That moment was so dumb. With what happened in Sacae, why bother- Oh wait, we'd have missed the total shitstorm.

Igrene wasn't as much of a replacement as an alternative to Dorothy. When heavy damage was needed, they were my go-to ladies, and even after Dorothy fell, Igrene took on her mantle in flying colours. Igrene's case is a tad more impressive because she's a prepromote who's grown to surpass her unpromoted counterpart in quite a few areas, but they were both two of the units I was the fondest of. I'm glad at least Igrene survived. She supports...

Igrene is one of those units who is surprisingly solid. The one thing Klein gets is higher starting weapon rank, and I don't think that's a big deal by the end and the only benefit he gets is starting with silver bows.

He was my last-ditch attempt at having a General in the team after Bors died because I'm dumb and Wendy followed suit because she's dumb.

And boy, am I glad I did use him after all. What a hilarious guy. It's been so much fun to use him. Look at that defense! Look at that strength! Who cares if he has no speed? It's enough to prevent him from being doubled by most things! Who cares if Generals in general have no move to their name? With those boots of his, he'll walk the distance, whether the enemy likes it or not, FOR THE GLORY OF THE KING, MAY HE LIVE LONG!! I love you, Dougy. You've made me laugh so much, but in a good way. You, Dougy, are a marvelous unit. Don't let Gamefaqs, Serenes, every tier list ever, and Dayni convince you otherwise.

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!

Wait, even I was singing his praises by the end, what are you talking about?

Tate. God damnit, Tate. You died too soon, girl. Too soon... she died because she was too good for her own good. Need I say more? She was so amazing, she died for it. Fuck my life.

Should have been here instead of Dougy though (notsorry).

Astolfo, the designated Thief. Reliable guy. Could take a hit or two if he had to. I just wish I could've promoted him. I still remember the day he spent a whole chapter stuck inside a treasury. Hey, coincidentally, that was the only chapter where everything went according to plan, and the chapter that gave me the Dougyman! Good times, good times. My perception of some chapters has changed after ironmanning the game, but that chapter remains as one of my favourite chapters in this game.

Maybe in a remake he'll get assassin, prompting people to main him and Igrene and giving him Durandal. I'd take him over OJ.

Wade, alongside his partner, were my first axemen, and far surpassed the rest after they arrived. Wade himself lacks speed, but my goodness look at that strength, that defense! He's like a less defensible but more offensive Dougy. Absolutely amazing, but... not as much as The Man. Here he is.

I'd still argue his use, but support bonuses matter this time around.

KCxUJ45.png

Lot, you amazing man. You, my friend, got everything: amazing defenses, formidable dodging abilities, good enough strength, impressive skill for an axeman... even that streak of awful levels after you promoted weren't enough to prevent you from being the unquestionable MVP of this LP.

You killed the king himself, you killed Leygance after a hundred turns, Henning after less than a hundred turns, you tanked half the enemy forces of chapter 7 by yourself, you were invincible the whole game! Even at base you still helped a lot in chapter 2! You never even came close to dying, there wasn't a single close call with you that I can recall! Noone else can say that, not even Matthis can say that! Whenever I was in doubt, I just sent you in and that was the end of it! Your only flaw was that there weren't more of you! This Lot is probably the most amazing unit I've ever had in this game, I'm dead fucking serious!

There's nothing I can say to do him justice: he was unbelievably great in the earlygame, he was unbelievably great in the midgame, he was unbelievably great in the lategame, he's unbelievably great now and he will be unbelievably great all the way to the very moment Idun is slain, all while having a great personality and a killer mug too. He's everything I want and more. I feel the homosexuality flowing through me just looking at him. Damn, what a man. What-a-man.

Best unit this LP, no complaints. He's carried a Lot on his shoulders and done it well.

A menace loomed over me...

QhncFXV.png

Of course Percival is a spectre of death in your eyes.

Did he wipe out one of your BB playthroughs?

VdmWlWX.png

And in the end, he was the one! The one who saved the LP! The one who gave me hope when I had none left!

This LP did not prepare us for this image.

Xh5ZMEY.png

Saul got the bench.

So he got plunged into the pit instead of plunging the dragons there then. :P

Convinced yet? No? Well, just wait and see how she performs in this map. Speaking of...

Now I'm more convinced that Fae being mandatory is worse.

No, really. The problem with this finale is that it's fundamentally flawed. A finale that consists solely of throwing a few of an enemy type the legendary weapons obliterate at a time can only be designed in two ways: either make them so sturdy only the legendary weapons can do anything to them, meaning if you lost them all in Brunja's chapter, or if you still have them but with very few uses, it becomes impossible; or you make them weak enough that you may still have a chance with standard weapons, which causes the overall difficulty to plummet if you have the legendaries on top of everything else.

For all the flak they get, FE11 and FE12 have my favourite finales, honestly. FE11 is one big chapter with strong enemies wielding silver weaponery, an extremely strong boss, reinforcements... it may not be that different from everything else, but it's a lot of fun. FE12 is also dragons only, but since they don't come three at a time, they actually move, the map isn't filled with chokepoints like this one is, and only a few things deal effective damage to them (and all of them are melee weapons, so their wielders risk taking a hit if they can't kill their opponents), they actually pose a threat. Add the whole cleric bussiness on top of that, and you got a very decent finale that's actually somewhat challenging.

This? This is just sad.

No, I don't disagree. The bosses are pretty limited in the Archanea titles, but the maps are still some of the better ones.

Why didn't BB copy them on that front?

Marcus will be using the Wyrmslayer, because Roy wouldn't be able to do much with it and I want to preserve the Durandal a little. Idun may be really easy, but I still want to make it as easy for Roy as possible, and that will require some softening up with standard legendary weapons.

The fact this is being said is still one of the more notable things in this LP.

Man, Roy could have been even a tiny bit better and this Marcus would still be better.

Because there can't be an Armads's curse...

ITBKb4I.png

...if there's no Armads.

Too good for Jahn imo.:P

ESHQUSB.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAARGHH!!!

And this is how Rubenio gets dragged into the next LP.

Gh4NErb.pngEqpBpmT.png

I just assumed being from another world messed with his magic a bit, it's not the first time that would be the case.

S7JJCzB.png

Roundabout intensifies

OKAY, UPDATE OVER. It is time to give my ranting elegy to Jahn and why he of everything was just the worst (subjectively, opinionatedly) before Anankos just smashed through the bottom of the barrel.

Spoiler

In terms of himself, he's annoyingly boring. His entire characterisation is utterly generic and uninteresting, I would argue around Validar levels, being how he keeps going on about how he's the last normal dragon and how the plan was so necessary (Sounds like HARDAC the way he's going on). He also proceeds to monologue his plan as you are charging through his base killing your dudes (try and guess this reference. Oh it is one.), which is SO. DUMB that it begs the question of why he was entrusted with this position of keeping the dragon sanctuary.

From a lore perspective, his plan is utterly stuck with the whole world supposedly killing dragons (which of course is contradicted by Fae. Oh, and himself). It also feels a little silly that whatever the Ending Winter did didn't affect the Dragon Shrine in the last 1000 years (Are we sure dragon veins weren't involved?). It's also quite apparent that the end goal of that plan just leaves a scorched Elibe with shambling husks walking around with Jahn as the last being not mind controlled in some form that can't be in their true forms, so not exactly workable for them in the long run. On top of that, they didn't have the gumption to make plans without Zephiel giving them, making them subservient to humans anyway. So no, what lore there is isn't helping.

Something to note about this game is that there's no Gharnef in BB, as least that's what people say. See, that's not quite right. I would argue Jahn is the Gharnef, considering he's the last dragon left who was associated with corrupting Idoun and making the demon dragon and bringing Zephiel into the fold, using an emotionally vulnerable ruler as the leader of your cause (though frankly Zephiel is just crazy and if he'd seen what was happening he'd have done what I would in his place and chop him right away). And this is where I come to the rage. See, he is swanning about throughout going into his evil plan, why he's right and making the argument that the dragons are free of emotions, all of which is contradicted by literally everything else. But I still don't feel that he's actually emotionless. Frankly it's given me the conclusion he's a right hypocrite, I'd argue he's proud of what was done to Idoun, which isn't as easy to see where the game doesn't have many extra frames for people besides Roy. There's also the possibility of him be a straight up psychopath (take this with a grain of salt as big as the Dragon Sanctuary), but that still means he's actively going and aiding in the corruption of a child to win their war and that's just past the line. I fucking hate this shit-eating hypocrite.

Sure, there are villains more deserving of being the worst. But personally, it's all this that just makes Jahn the worst for me personally. Anankos may have become King steaming pile of crap (as exemplified by the even longer rant I made), but Jahn was my personal pick for years before Fates. Rest in noise.

Either way, the end is nigh and my rage has been put to sleep for a bit. I wonder if that'll work for them?

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Dammit all Douglas!

".....

Fuck that guy!"

Well, he tried.

UI could be worse to be fair, it's still improved from previous titles. Balance and map design though? No disagreements there.

Also, there's a good chance those names won't stick. Beisdes, Ruminant has already said what's what.

Kinda, yeah.

"Numbers didn't work last time, so I'll just get more numbers. I can't possibly lose!"

Yeah, I'm unsurprised by her having that much speed. It's the reason I'd rank her pretty highly.

So would I.

The fact that so few units have as high speed is something ridiculous from this LP.

That moment was so dumb. With what happened in Sacae, why bother- Oh wait, we'd have missed the total shitstorm.

Igrene is one of those units who is surprisingly solid. The one thing Klein gets is higher starting weapon rank, and I don't think that's a big deal by the end and the only benefit he gets is starting with silver bows.

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!

Maybe in a remake he'll get assassin, prompting people to main him and Igrene and giving him Durandal. I'd take him over OJ.

Best unit this LP, no complaints. He's carried a Lot on his shoulders and done it well.

No, I don't disagree. The bosses are pretty limited in the Archanea titles, but the maps are still some of the better ones.

Man, Roy could have been even a tiny bit better and this Marcus would still be better.

I just assumed being from another world messed with his magic a bit, it's not the first time that would be the case.

Roundabout intensifies

OKAY, UPDATE OVER. It is time to give my ranting elegy to Jahn and why he of everything was just the worst (subjectively, opinionatedly) before Anankos just smashed through the bottom of the barrel.

Hide contents

In terms of himself, he's annoyingly boring. His entire characterisation is utterly generic and uninteresting, I would argue around Validar levels, being how he keeps going on about how he's the last normal dragon and how the plan was so necessary (Sounds like HARDAC the way he's going on). He also proceeds to monologue his plan as you are charging through his base killing your dudes (try and guess this reference. Oh it is one.), which is SO. DUMB that it begs the question of why he was entrusted with this position of keeping the dragon sanctuary.

From a lore perspective, his plan is utterly stuck with the whole world supposedly killing dragons (which of course is contradicted by Fae. Oh, and himself). It also feels a little silly that whatever the Ending Winter did didn't affect the Dragon Shrine in the last 1000 years (Are we sure dragon veins weren't involved?). It's also quite apparent that the end goal of that plan just leaves a scorched Elibe with shambling husks walking around with Jahn as the last being not mind controlled in some form that can't be in their true forms, so not exactly workable for them in the long run. On top of that, they didn't have the gumption to make plans without Zephiel giving them, making them subservient to humans anyway. So no, what lore there is isn't helping.

Something to note about this game is that there's no Gharnef in BB, as least that's what people say. See, that's not quite right. I would argue Jahn is the Gharnef, considering he's the last dragon left who was associated with corrupting Idoun and making the demon dragon and bringing Zephiel into the fold, using an emotionally vulnerable ruler as the leader of your cause (though frankly Zephiel is just crazy and if he'd seen what was happening he'd have done what I would in his place and chop him right away). And this is where I come to the rage. See, he is swanning about throughout going into his evil plan, why he's right and making the argument that the dragons are free of emotions, all of which is contradicted by literally everything else. But I still don't feel that he's actually emotionless. Frankly it's given me the conclusion he's a right hypocrite, I'd argue he's proud of what was done to Idoun, which isn't as easy to see where the game doesn't have many extra frames for people besides Roy. There's also the possibility of him be a straight up psychopath (take this with a grain of salt as big as the Dragon Sanctuary), but that still means he's actively going and aiding in the corruption of a child to win their war and that's just past the line. I fucking hate this shit-eating hypocrite.

Sure, there are villains more deserving of being the worst. But personally, it's all this that just makes Jahn the worst for me personally. Anankos may have become King steaming pile of crap (as exemplified by the even longer rant I made), but Jahn was my personal pick for years before Fates. Rest in noise.

Either way, the end is nigh and my rage has been put to sleep for a bit. I wonder if that'll work for them?

I don't think the plan if the game was concoted by Jahn at all. From what I remember it was all cooked up by Zephiel and Jahn didn't really do much of anything. His original plan was to just kill all the humans when there was still normal dragons left to inherit the world.

Part 53 - The fall of the dragon and the demon.

I just read the first page of the thread, for old times' sake. It's amazing to see how nobody, up to and including me, expected the axe siblings and fucking Marcus to become the MPVs of this LP.

On 30/7/2018 at 3:27 PM, Ruminant said:

unfortunately, this isn't the case

Johan and Johalva's official names are Iuchar and Iucharba (capital i's), which are Irish mythological names

Oh...

that said I fully understand why you'd make that mistake because capital i's and lowercase L's are pretty hard to distinguish in a lot of typefaces, and I agree it'd be incredibly silly for their names to actually be Luchar and Lucharba

Well, that was unbelievably stupid of me. Jeez...

ye, Order of the Crimson Arm is really good

I haven't gotten to the new content in the most recent patch yet but I played up until the end of the patch before the most recent patch and I can safely say it's one of my favorite FE hacks

Yeah, I'm liking it too. The latest release kind of falls apart in the last couple of chapters in terms of plot (as in, it's all glitched up), but the gameplay's still solid all the way.

gameplay is a bit weaker than Sword of Heaven and Earth and Void's Blitzarre Adventure imo but unlike those two it has a proper story in a language I can read (Sword of Heaven and Earth being Japanese-only and Void's Blitzarre Adventure having an excuse plot)

Haven't played Void's, but Sword of Heaven and Earth is friggin' amazing. Felt like I was playing an official game at times. I just wish I could read it.

LP's over, rip

Not quite.

On 30/7/2018 at 4:23 PM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Yeah that pretty much killed any hype I would have had for Warriors, and I'm a big fan of the Warriors series too.

Also, can I just say I dislike how much rep swords get in games outside the main series? C'mon, we've got magic, spears, flying mounts, dragons, axes, beasts in a few games... but then you take a look at smash and the only unique characters are Robin and arguably Ike. C'mon, give us Ephraim! Hector! Something that's not another swordie, Marth and Roy take care of that just fine.

Seeing Cecilia get some great use makes me really happy.

Me too.

And back to depressing feels I go!

Sorry.

Still gonna hold out hope for that last update and brace myself. I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but man, I just pick the wrong characters to get really attached to.

Tell me that, all my favourite characters always die.

After that update I'll definitely have some final thoughts on that part of the story; also remember the end of that was literally my first exposure to this LP. And once again RIP Hugh as well.

I'm looking forward to it. Just one two updates to go! There's too much text for just one, I'm afraid, so I'll put the ending scenes and all that in a separate update, like I did in the last LP.

Beautiful, I got a laugh outta this. Also, I definitely agree with most of your thoughts about this chapter as well. It's really just a long and not too fun grinding of manaketes, though I suppose if you haven't used the legendary weapons much yet it lets you let loose with em a bit, but that's not saying much.

It's supposed to be that kind of "you get to destroy the enemies and laugh as they cower in fear" chapter, I guess, but it's feels less like "you're awesome now! You've come a long way!" and more like "these enemies are trash, here, kill them to move on".

Really like the use of the other allies coming in to the rescue at the end. Hi Eliwood!

The game may've forgotten about him, but I haven't.

Well just one more update I think to go!

Nope.

On another note, if you're ever looking to do another LP for any of the GBA games, potentially including hacks, you should check out the FEBuilderGBA tool. Just downloaded it last night and it looks like it lets you do a lot of useful stuff, and had text editing as well. So if I get around to an LP of my old 6 hack I might get some use out of that

Ah, thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind.

Thinking of doing Green/Midori for a first LP if I get to it just to see how doing one goes. Will definitely let you know when I start though! You use imgur albums for all your images right?

Ah, the wonders of taking a week to push an update. Yes, yes I do use Imgur, as you do.

On 30/7/2018 at 5:10 PM, Pengaius said:

Hmm, nobody died, now what do I do? Couldn't you have at least killed Fae so I could make a pun or something?

Fuck you, I win for once.

Eh I suppose this will have to do. 

Oh, screw you. How, pray tell, am I going to lose someone against Idun, one of the easiest bosses in the series?

On 30/7/2018 at 6:20 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

So Humphrey is Ruben. And I bet Ruben's going to beat him by simply choosing not to be insane. If there's going to be any time travel, may as well tell predestination to suck it.

On 31/7/2018 at 4:16 AM, Franp3 said:

You suck at the game, yes, but your LPs are genuinely entertaining. Credit where credit is due.

Blunt. Thanks, I guess?

I found these comments in r/fe the other day and decided they were too topical to not use.image.thumb.png.95d76f70ce1769b6feaabbd9e8732d92.png

I can't believe I'm going to defend some fanfiction but... yeah, Linus and Lloyd are both far, far better than Jahn. Heck, they're better than the generals in FE6. I personally like them better, but objectively speaking, the FE6 generals are all completely wasted, whereas Linus and Lloyd actually get screentime, development (sort of) and a tragic send-off.

Although, I've got to say, it feels to me like it makes much more sense for Lloyd to die in the first encounter with them. Lloyd's too much of a cool cucumber, it's not all that fitting for him to go out guns blazing against the guys who obviously didn't kill his brother, that's more of a Linus move. Also, I like Wallace, so there's that.

If being the literal last member of your species doesn't make you a "special little snowflake", Idun know what does.

He's dumber than the war dragons. He's special, yes, but in a bad way.

Don't look a gift horse in the asshole, Ruben. We're supposed to be on the winning side of the deal.

I suppose so, but far be it from me to stop complaining and ranting for five minutes.

What do you mean, maybe? I thought that was the canon explanation.

Y'know what? Sure. That's it.

If someone actually made a Scouring hack one day, Jahn should be the prologue boss.

He retreats and everyone forgets about him. Amazing. It's the power of a relatively powerful dragon.

Let's play Fire Emblem 6: Unlimited Badness Works.

Okay?

On 31/7/2018 at 7:29 AM, eclipse said:

If that's Jahn's great strength, no wonder the dragons lost.

His true strength is turning pink for two seconds.

On 31/7/2018 at 2:47 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Well, he's snapped under pressure. Whatever intelligent thought was there is gone.

Eh, makes sense.

Martel's ancestor. Now that's a picture.
Lycia's guy was Roland and I'm sure he did something wrong because the legendary figure he's named for accidentally killed his best friend. Is that grasping?

Roland, right. No, that isn't grasping. I say so.

He probably shouldn't have mentioned that. It might have stopped the weapons being used and gave him a little more chance. Not much, just a little.

Honestly, he still stood no chance. It would only have bought him a couple more turns.

Well, that riddle of "Humphrey's" is a little obvious. Guess you are taking credit for the deaths you blamed on him after all.

...crap, didn't think of-- agh, I'm supposed to be all ambiguous now!

On 31/7/2018 at 11:47 PM, Dayni said:

Ergh... alcohol?

Dammit all Douglas!

Why the damning of Dougy now? What'd he do?

As good a plan as any, right?

".....

Fuck that guy!"

Poor Byrlyat didn't stand a chance.

Not really. He's following Treck's advice, remember?

Well, he tried.

That's a way to put it.

The previous titles were either in the NES or remaking the games from the NES. It's understandable, there, but the SNES was perfectly capable of more.

Yeah, I can accept iuchar.

C'mon, what do you think I am, a Perceval hater?

Kinda, yeah.

Hmph...

He's a genius.

For the love of-- why is everyone banging on me losing someone in the easiest finale in the history of FE?! I'm bad, but not that bad!

She's cool, yeah.

So would I.

Stupid crits, taking my Raigh... urk.

It's probably the least ridiculous ridiculous thing from this ridiculous LP.

It was off to a bad start, and it only got badder as it went.

Yeah, she's cool. Don't let gamefaqs convince you otherwise.

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!

It's the meme, man. Gotta keep the meme going.

Yeah, that's it...

Honestly? He'd be more solid than a few of this game's swordsmen.

Fair enough.

Ah, the puns. Beautiful.

Actually, no. It's just, at this point, me despising Perceval is too much of a meme for me to let go of it.

I would've thought it did, that image is LP.png, nothing more, nothing less.

More or less.

And it was bad to begin with!

That's more or less how I felt about 'em, yeah.

Because BB set out to create the crappiest game in the series, and they still failed at that. I love it, many people love it, and it's still considered to be better than Fates by many.

Motherfucking Marcus won't let age take away his thunder.

Getting killed by an iron axe would be too good for Jahn. Might as well put his head to good use and save Lot's life.

No, not really. At this point, LP!me and me are two completely separate entities. For one, I don't have a bright green jacket.

I suppose so.

Roundabout intensifies

As it always does.

Reveal hidden contents

Ooooooof, poor Jahn. I almost feel bad for him. Almost.

I wouldn't think so, no.

On 1/8/2018 at 9:38 AM, Jotari said:

I don't think the plan if the game was concoted by Jahn at all. From what I remember it was all cooked up by Zephiel and Jahn didn't really do much of anything. His original plan was to just kill all the humans when there was still normal dragons left to inherit the world.

He wanted to kill all humans so that normal dragons could inherit the word, and to do that he grabbed dragons and destroyed their souls. Oh, and he and his pals died by existing. Sorry, not sold.

Spoiler

EdrIwLP.png

It's time.

8G7PqvI.pngaCRtUQM.png

This is the map. Nothing more to say here, this is just a final boss and a bonus dragon. For all intents and purposes, the true final chapter was the last one. But let's forget that one exists and say Brunja was the final chapter.

OD1YRCN.png

Big whoop.

8tA4kaI.pngtISyMUf.png8lpHfeM.pngNTODRqx.png

You know, for an insane, soulless husk of a dragoness, she sure is making more sense than Jahn.

1FwfDp1.pngVBWBapU.pngYj6zNZd.pngTK3fHw3.png

Good effort, Roy.

aYmQGzt.pngbV8z45z.png7vpzG9Z.pngcyXUVZz.png

Oh, it's working? Are we going to get out of here without having to beat her up?

JLZAgVH.pngv9EClnX.pnghgoOXPL.pngsmAVZVR.png

Of course not.

2GtEEQS.pngx2gjFDr.png

For the love of-- seriously, Roy, can you stop screaming obvious things like your life depends on it?! It got old ages ago!

2Sb7in7.pngJjYHL9a.pngYK9UfBn.pngILbPd6t.png

Oh, look, she removed her hood.

QEaWYlE.png8SuSEJD.pngXJMsXtf.pngfMdMERb.png

Admittedly, you haven't tried that hard, Roy.

tQFhnsZ.pngrLUzbMI.png

Well, then. In that case, let us dance to the melody of war.

ZNb2948.png

A bright light flashes, and...

n7CeZUU.pngEvil Ruben's theme!

z4HfIpf.png

cGq02UW.pngop28VlS.png

dgjYLBp.pngy91tDSD.png

eyz94cc.png

4wFRXPi.png

ytbKITm.png

m6o0Gm3.png

Spoiler

On 12/11/2017 at 12:08 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

X5SGs1H.pngFIGHT ME, ETZEL!

sNKm8cO.png Huh!?

sGCa7Ez.png Etzel! Ve careful!

1znS9Oy.jpg

sNKm8cO.png If you so wish to die, then allow me to grant you your wish! For my son!

ZyMLR0k.png I could probably have planned this a little better...

GlhBh58.jpg?1 No! Wait! I was just bluffing! I don't want to dieeee!

sGCa7Ez.png Too late for that! Destroy him, Etzel!

qq83Uqu.jpgGYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

On 12/11/2017 at 12:08 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

sNKm8cO.png I'll simply send you back to no particular place or point in time. And then, you'll be free to do as you please! Isn't it just swell? You are going to get away with it all!

sQUCJbe.jpg?1 N-no...

sNKm8cO.png Would you rather I killed you outright?

sQUCJbe.jpg?1 Hrrrkkk! Gaah...

sNKm8cO.png Have fun! Who knows, maybe one day you'll make it back!

sGCa7Ez.png One last time before you go: Screw you, Ruben! Hah hah hah haaaaah!

GlhBh58.jpg?1 No no no wait! You can't--

VUl8zGF.pngYOU CAAAAAAAAN'T DO THIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!

pKRjzo7.png8rpkrWG.png1Qeo3Un.png

mG4SDJx.pngiDKW8sm.pngXPpKTgP.png

1Baldxw.png

obT6FOK.png9BTNByz.pngJfdmQsd.pngtIBMGhK.png

bwPNJ3c.png

CofFioU.png

4uz8nwN.png1bSJGsG.png

9VTPq2x.png

DLO3x5K.pngq5LoNAq.png

WK2viwc.png

xSS4Iyi.png395mxA4.png

imgxbG8.png

Y5AOJK2.png

6lOvEGd.png

iipMNO1.png1a6J1lM.pngHtlVjml.pngDJKJy8V.png

5atAdKS.pngeozmOJf.png

Gqj27Yp.png

HYwUPT7.pnge7ZaQEG.pngvsUIOeA.png

Rf5jZui.pngyDAdSG2.png

FU6u8Hw.pngOLbb3ju.png

AOaqHIO.png

IIuWRGP.png

s5230UF.png

uZURsyB.png

She's now a big-ass dragon!

jT5pMJm.png

One-liners! Fae's really boring. So much so, I didn't bother capturing it correctly.

shLa23n.png

Wade's as enthusiastic as ever.

FcmRphr.png

And Lot's as cautious as ever. Never change, you two, those attitudes of yours have taken you straight to the end of the war alive.

YD6S2qB.png

Lilina is depressing.

fSWKKFC.png

Marcus is just worried about Roy. No wonder, Roy blows.

DkE8ehc.png

Igrene tries to stay positive.

wLuVxti.png

Oh, but it will, Dougy, don't worry about that.

sMgNFvC.png

I can just imagine Niime throwing her arms to the air and crackling madly after saying this.

di4husn.png

Lastly, Cecilia's as much of a badass as always.

kKtzS3e.png3n1Y3kD.png

Yeah!

2GCz7xC.png

Some Roys could even one-round Idun. My Roy, though, is going to need some assistance.

You ready, guys? This is one of my all-time favourite dumb moments in FE6. Suit yourselves:

BU4U8Ak.png0kjlzE8.png

Roy walks all the way down there...

2FGBagE.pngetHdwYZ.png

Just so I am forced to move him back to the same spot where he stood during the entire cutcene. Beautiful.

TwGt3QZ.png

The War Drgns are ever-so-slightly more dangerous than the ones in the last chapter. Most astonishing is the fact that they're better than Jahn.

rLbGuHO.png

And here is Idun herself. She's... she's really bad, all right. Legendary weapons don't do effective damage against her, but the Binding Blade does. However, the most absolutely stupid thing about her is that... she has no range. Yep. The final boss of the game, ladies and gentlemen: she can't attack at range.

xeNH1zi.png

Honestly, this could've been a glorified cutscene and nobody would've complained. As much.

w045exb.pngW93yN57.pngqSBDeEa.png

hrOBMmA.pngoDUHpsu.png

Take a good look at this. This is this finale.

FvDuymf.pngLD7VBxa.png

Of course. No way I could get away without some of these stupidly unlikely misses. Sigh...

6rUqhDx.pngw8UdeZk.png

Last level of the LP, guys. It's a good one. I'm so proud of you, Igrene, even if in the end you didn't get 20 strength.

8rPdqKV.png

Also, Dayan probably isn't going to like this very much.

08o3y2I.pngAajUVus.png

The army moves ahead to confront Idun while Fae runs back because she can't do shit.

HHR90t9.png

Look, another dragon! They will be popping out of those flame statues as the battle goes on.

lszPTuu.pngAu0ztGV.pngxcue92d.png

They're a complete non-issue.

2Dheuhn.png

The time has come. Time to defeat Idun.

5I7jKwA.png

BkuVYjv.png

ebAneMy.pngvVvOVGn.png5WrP2oZ.png

jwmS5od.png

DkB6VfS.pngvuv65hJ.png

LFPuzwj.pngNiiwOM0.pngctrX5WA.png

AJmFO8P.pngiQPg64h.pngo36wopa.png

AkY6jOY.pngS31E7gc.pngMilhVqi.png

QX4W0JC.pngCvDlw0a.png

8dcpWUz.png

wl9ZrOA.pngUxgP8Nl.pngAugQoST.png

CoQ0nHK.png1ISbI3w.png

ALG9N6w.png

rSY6Yc7.pngfVOB8Gl.png2lIRjN3.png

lAKtGJ7.png

xoj0KZL.pngbfjOrY0.png

ehu7yZw.png

GG1moL9.pngetv0uSI.pngawuvyww.png

ykilPih.png2w6oba7.png

qOVPaaj.png

sL7QTeH.png

NLjiNNI.pngzFbZHO4.pngjhAloMy.png

kP6c2bM.pngruccp3s.png

YlFPKF5.pngiREYmfV.png

W8DOg7M.png

QSW9nFb.png

Vptc48t.png5OGteNR.pngFLvVb6N.png

4fhXwFz.png

xsklCh2.pngdpAPLli.png

XUgSZt4.png

Fp2fl0g.png

KUfjClk.png

owBMCkU.png

IsrCiSz.png

A0cn1nR.png

This is Idun. Her sprite is way more badass than she ever will be.

3G2E89i.pngAtm23T2.pngfzrfmIw.pnghofOJv6.png

There. Damage.

ss9sIUu.png

She's so bad, she gets hit before the arrows reach her. What a joke.

aoYPbr2.pngnmz3pld.png

Even when Roy can kill Idun in one turn, this is something I'm really fond of doing: having all my units get a shot at Idun before Roy jumps in for the final blow. It's... sort of epic, I guess? Even though I neglected two of them... sadly, they did too much damage.

UKeUoob.png8XI9xlH.pngRML95sJ.png

Wade is thus far the one who's dealt the most damage to her.

sDpZ44Y.png5uxqOuu.pngQKYZS2q.png

One more!

hSRvCoQ.png

It's over.

OZqZfUM.pngCJ3zIa8.pngJCt4wn1.png

It's...

SFAYsSR.png0JjhOmy.pngLEnJNiq.png

All over, at last.

Ze66Oga.png

5wUPVKI.png

cki80tW.png

B4WA4Zc.png

The screen flashes!

EMuCHOj.png

And she falls.

6iEkkZy.png

B4WA4Zc.png

xaglQOg.png

ZOsBxwy.png

2boKqSF.pngsQPGV67.png

vaaTJRs.png

vDcbUAv.png

g9OaI75.png9KHHWWZ.png

6HpRQRD.png

C7KJ8OE.png

XSuZcNb.png

mrhNyaU.png

GmaiD1F.pngpvbM1Ay.png

Z3aDM2z.png

Kr2uHAQ.png

mlAtrnS.png

BbT9J3m.png

PJDcrdt.png

FkxRCgw.pngCan we just say this is Albertus's theme now?

CgNKJjS.png

ElWuFCr.png

eYEvZnA.png

DuhdM8x.png

HOJAsOW.png

Fykh7fu.pngv4tUtYy.png

A4n3lfB.png

mC5cBqW.png

gCid1kE.png

IHeyrt7.pngNb3hBQU.png

7iTbvKZ.pngpODQB4p.png

RGODlCC.png

DrAMNsK.png2RqSooV.png

Ov3daYT.png

mWJQomN.png

RtFlVC9.png

GnrkZlT.png

3IFyTVL.pngmgJY1Dv.png

UleGHEc.png

wVS1Gb5.png

Q02v7QC.png

WwZGzXA.png

jsWMHSj.png

WE83oZP.png

GmiXB8K.png

8bB8wQr.png

Ev446s9.pngHjKZNyS.png

The game is over.

HQt3ebg.pngal1m4ne.pngOJiMVIQ.png

She turns into a green shaman, everyone sets up a fancy formation and the screen starts to shake. I don't know how to convey that, sorry, so just shake your head a lot while reading this.

IolUiRr.pngjPnhB7V.png

Yeah, go! It'd be a real shame if someone died now.

xRj6qCk.pngh4RKud0.pngMI405hA.pngvcX1j0w.png

No seriously, why is Fae relevant to the plot all of sudden? At least it makes a little bit more sense than Malicia...

PhsAjKb.png

While everyone escapes, Roy runs up to Idun... I hope he'll make it out. He sucks, but hey, he's a good guy. 'Sides, I don't want to add any more names to the death count!

M8RK8ey.png

RM0rAvm.png

2ZVulOD.png

LX8XDJL.png

0eSFG3v.pngba593rw.pngztjexxd.png

rsgW8b5.png

sidpfOI.png

rECzxHi.png

kCVwjOM.png

Zswa8x8.png

To be concluded.      

FINAL DEATH COUNT:
                        Bors

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

Chad
                        Barth
                        Geese
                        Ruben

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 8

Dishonorable reset count (other reasons): 2

Merlinus death count: 16

*Clap, clap, clap,clap* *stands up* * Clapclap,clapclap,clapclap, clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapCLAP* 

My, my what a tremendously underwhelming finale of a boss. Ah well let us see what twist this has in store. 

... treck is still dead

Well, it says something when the highlights of a chapter were entirely the fanfic stuff. I didn't see the Albertus revelation coming at all.

What else is left to say but congratulations on finishing the run, even if we could have said that after Brunja fell. Pretty much the end of an era right here.

Congratulations on the run, can't wait to see the finale (and see how the squad performed)

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FINAL DEATH COUNT:
                        Bors

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

Chad
                        Barth
                        Geese
                        Ruben

This alone makes people wonder how this LP actually survived. 30-36 deaths out of 54 - Oh wait, Barth is there twice on the list, my bad. It can be a miracle that you had equipment for your squad in the end.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

di4husn.png

Lastly, Cecilia's as much of a badass as always.

Like how many people actually saw this line? I never expect Cecilia to be in the final team, even when half the team was pre-promotes.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

wLuVxti.png

Oh, but it will, Dougy, don't worry about that.

I really hope my Douglas turns out to be this useful too. (first difficult chapter encountered, plus I put it on hold, because I need to move to a new flat now. Too much BS!)

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

fSWKKFC.png

Marcus is just worried about Roy. No wonder, Roy blows.

This is not FE7 Marcus, so it's awesome that he was able to save the run for you. He may be old and a veteran, but his purple hair and armor kept him immortal.

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YD6S2qB.png

Lilina is depressing.

It's depressing that she was here just to HEAL!! Nah, I'm not mad, just disappointed that all her Mag points went for support. Go Lilina!

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

JCt4wn1.png

This is the best moment of the whole run, whenever you play it or just watch it.

Ok, not gonna lie, Evil Ruben wanting to create Evil World where everyone's fucking insane and evil is pretty great. And even sensible! Of course he'd want to surround himself with the most powerful and backstabbing people he can if he revels in madness. And I liked the tie in of the Bishops, since as the boss comparisons go they stood out so much. Too bad Evil Ruben's favorite Evil Bishop lacked Windham's power. I mean, even if he had higher stats, he was an endgame boss vs. Windham's midgame boss status. The bad guys never win I suppose.

Also, I love that Evil Ruben's final undoing was, once again, Ruben making a nuisance of himself. Never underestimate the power of a well-timed distraction!

Can't say I was expecting Albertus to be a manakete. Wonder what his story is. I'm sure we'll get a taste of it in the epilogue, and I'm looking forward to it!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why the damning of Dougy now? What'd he do?

THE KING IS VULNERABLE!

That's more or less how I felt about 'em, yeah.

Alright, let me clarify. The last map in Mystery is like these maps in BB, but it's shorter, so therefore less tedious.

Ooooooof, poor Jahn. I almost feel bad for him. Almost.

Trust me, this still wasn't as angry as the Anankos rant.

n7CeZUU.png

Well, the moment you talk about being a shadow of someone this is just too obvious.

8rpkrWG.png1Qeo3Un.png

Sure, let's forget how shafted by Heroes Athena was (after Ayra happened).

Also, well someone isn't bitter. :P

HYwUPT7.pnge7ZaQEG.pngvsUIOeA.png

So, that explains how the screen looked like it was was Missingno, Missingno is pure energy. That's how Missingno worked the whole time! It works on E = mc2 after all.

Yep. The final boss of the game, ladies and gentlemen: she can't attack at range.

.......In the rare camp of.....

Wow, she stands alone. Okay, I think Formortiis might be attackable without being countered, but that's only if he equipped Ravager. So, that's something to fix in SSremake. His other weapon's 1-3 range though.

YlFPKF5.pngiREYmfV.png

I'm sorry, I have to reference this now.

xsklCh2.pngdpAPLli.png

Well, Humphrey, you always sounded like the rival in a showjumping direct to TV movie. No wonder your nigh is a whinny.

LEnJNiq.png

All over, at last.

Alm was not the first lord to dab all over his enemies after all.

vDcbUAv.png

Humphrey is LP canon. I'm just smiling at that.

ElWuFCr.png

eYEvZnA.png

Well, this is not the twist I anticipated.

However, it is neat to see that he's more like the BS dragons. Also that horse jumping, pfft.

HOJAsOW.pngFykh7fu.pngv4tUtYy.png

Oh no a dragon.

mWJQomN.pngRtFlVC9.png

GnrkZlT.png

You sly dog Albertus, you got him monologuing!

UleGHEc.pngwVS1Gb5.png

I assume the same genius who decided war dragons were a future civilisation.

FINAL DEATH COUNT:
                        Bors

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

Chad
                        Barth
                        Geese
                        Ruben

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 8

Dishonorable reset count (other reasons): 2

Merlinus death count: 16

That many bodies hit the floor, it's a surprise that this party made it after all. Also RIP Humphrey.

Congrats, we're almost at the end. I assume you're going to have a hiatus, right?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, can I just say I dislike how much rep swords get in games outside the main series? C'mon, we've got magic, spears, flying mounts, dragons, axes, beasts in a few games... but then you take a look at smash and the only unique characters are Robin and arguably Ike. C'mon, give us Ephraim! Hector! Something that's not another swordie, Marth and Roy take care of that just fine.

Wasn't there some statement about the game before it released that they didn't want to add all the lords cause it'd be too many sword users? Then they add two OC lords who wield swords. I agree too that Smash could really use more variety in FE characters.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm looking forward to it. Just one two updates to go! There's too much text for just one, I'm afraid, so I'll put the ending scenes and all that in a separate update, like I did in the last LP.

And so for the last time I'll continue my likely futile hope for Lugh!

It's supposed to be that kind of "you get to destroy the enemies and laugh as they cower in fear" chapter, I guess, but it's feels less like "you're awesome now! You've come a long way!" and more like "these enemies are trash, here, kill them to move on".

Pretty much.

The game may've forgotten about him, but I haven't.

He may not be my favorite of FE7's Lords, but Eliwood deserves more love. If only his trial-map Paladin self joined you. Granted, not like this game needs more potential Paladins than seven of them...

Ah, the wonders of taking a week to push an update. Yes, yes I do use Imgur, as you do.

Haha, well thanks for the reply on that, it's fun reading them! Feel free to lemme know what I'm doing bad/good so far. I've no idea how often I'll be able to do updates once I get back from vacation and chapters get longer, but vacation right now is letting me play a lot. I'll probably keep it going as long as I can get at least a reply or two from people as it goes on.

Oh, something I meant to mention back at the Brunja chapter. While the guiding ring she carries probably won't see any use in promoting anyone, I'm guessing, if you can steal it, that it can be a last boost to someone's funds ranking. I'll give IS the benefit of the doubt on this one and guess that was the intent for it, though it could have just been a gem...

Yeah, Idunn's boss fight is...really, really underwhelming, though her sprite is cool. The dragon fight in FE7 always felt awesome by comparison. I do wonder if giving her 2, or even 3 range would help much or not.

I kind of love there being an actual plot reason for all the recolors, that's rather genius. The horse jumping away sprite is also funny, I'm glad he remembered to keep Horse safe! Or the horse is so used to this by now it's just annoyed every time it has to get away from him transforming.

And so here's to the final anticipation/dread waiting for the ending!

Good to see Albertus has upgraded his Dragonstone's OS to whatever they use in Awakening. No more degeneration, slowly dying by existing or underwhelming stats!

It also lets you talk in a cool reverb-y voice which is nice.

Too bad the Fates patch disables speed...

Congratulations on finishing another hugely entertaining catastrophe.

The Albertus reveal was unexpectedly epic (if a bit out of the blue, but eh).

CGRuben Archeruben Rubemiya Humphrey's motivations and plan were also handled masterfully.

Overall, the fanficcy plot is waaaaay better than last time.

Also, you won the game! I would say at least you're getting better, but...

On 3/8/2018 at 9:14 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

FINAL DEATH COUNT:
                        Bors

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

Chad
                        Barth
                        Geese
                        Ruben

Better luck next time.

The end.

Spoiler

odAeT6d.png

YfSlijK.png

Roy comes out of the shrine. I won't be commenting much today, but still, expect a ton of words.

(also, replies are at the end of the update this time around)

mhNLkB5.pngUrtYOsN.png

if8mKLG.pngo5gNvaN.pngRUtre9P.pngHR1whid.png

Still, the sanctuary was destroyed because the dragons fought inside of it. Never change, FE6.

vZiQEqH.png

Hopefully one where you'll chill out.

ldycfyV.pngy0epoGG.pngHDzOYF8.png

Ain't that neat.

rK1UG5j.png

nxNX4G4.png

6uvKEao.pngbdGyWJM.png

9rg1hiq.png

rFfaFZb.png

rEQBd0h.pngqyfhWlo.png

M8AOlfZ.png

d2nEzyH.pngTPqR4vU.pnggqJ7Dni.png

1t1r7Cz.png

AhWbHEm.png

BwO2hty.png

5MScwQF.pngr1oz0Wg.png

V9meMcy.pngsvR6494.png

fPwC90u.png

qpd9l5V.png

67NIoeV.pngS5IPwPF.png

MFFQCty.png

KfeFEOs.png

iGUtcRg.pngEd4JRtC.png

4v4kw6D.png

ddxgLAx.pngCTzjJtY.png

A5qDeDR.png

KyaoG1F.png

AlBWskt.pngprPAinK.pngBr0N8Y8.png

oVhGQ3W.pnggAz1jpb.png

IlGJtgu.png

lkm7Kry.png

iSt8wHk.pngepfquW3.png

T7JNEwO.png

N1omZrW.png

XKZA5VG.png

QysR87b.png

4ldWrN4.pngWJEqO0T.png

f6jz4hd.pngMK0ZfUr.pngrILN27Y.png

DsgqvU5.pngX4LmpHw.png

6Mc7ipT.png345CTkz.png

2NxWSl0.png

1dq3NKc.png

vGLo9zH.png

59AgwVw.png

Ib6v2Ht.pngtrk4OSZ.pngXZ90KFn.png

x3jJ0XL.pngvdyePAz.pngBgjHhEg.png2HcEAzw.png

Wnd5zIH.png

o2XjFCn.png

wrrKjP2.png

890NQ4Y.pngU0e5Bav.png96IHS7M.png

UOIUEzp.pngBYsWa9S.png

e7M3m6F.png

LgMmeNB.png

eemsxNH.pngiJnTHDQ.png

nm314I9.png

6B5CSAL.pngmQcynnS.png0I9t0ch.png6V6mYnv.png

NoNFAJ6.png

fzXce0O.png

pFjzQbe.png

vm8NIme.png

W77hJVf.png

28seffG.pngJXargIF.png

DmmI6dh.pngp6VVeds.pngb1WFkBh.png

ZbnkyEU.pngUK56sNK.pngJb6dh8j.png

Tr7IN1r.png

uI4jNu9.png

RskLCj3.pngemm29NZ.pngNyM9wha.png

rCYlZHn.png

YisOyt0.png

ou01Gp5.pngi9KXnUn.png

Mq5neHI.pngg0f15dU.png

WtuwGP0.png

eiooEtv.pngToYOjsZ.png

X7fC4mK.png

6Lpzb56.pngelOdzZa.png

kVPEA4w.pngbAFlgsr.png

5VcGO2z.pngoJOB87W.png

y3KuRhU.png

ATkk0Zr.pngvJkrrOR.png

vspghi7.png

CZrPjkw.png

Z23C0fH.pngq8U7Mfm.pngpWRHJ3P.png

GilALlc.png

YysZ3Hd.png

v1T7llV.png

4aRod71.pngPQhsVPm.png7qVMBLo.png

zKpCwyT.png

14gpSZU.png

VRooBAN.png0Qffx0G.png

HTpYBvc.png

9e9OvNp.png

qZdtn3O.png

W9Rj72Q.png

3NGI9NA.png

ZJQSk9y.png

vqZo2Xg.png

95wq3EX.png

uIcuy2K.pngLGLUJGN.png

p7ZOH3Q.pngHpzGUAP.png

rWgI1Sd.png

uuU8sWG.png

oDjiuK8.pnggSDHVhU.png

q0SXiQW.png

DD4j7ey.png

q3kVfl3.png

S1HuYu8.pngLviBghY.png

HgM1Nfb.png

ylrvaBu.png

T3Gtqh2.png

JWkN4wp.png

qXR9Yey.png

zt6EwqI.pngRzs31Io.png

6SmvpE4.png

niTrgTw.png

7SI3yQd.png

f3EyfON.png

QC5sxCG.png

I4Hwdf3.png

XMCiQSV.png

Seh4pTP.png

nKdj6PY.png

w8qf7ow.pngMCtNbyX.png

24WIBzD.pngmi2g56q.png

l7ZUGs2.png

l4RX3Df.pngUFZQ2ui.png

FH6E72K.pngOCoAweb.png

wPUFF3s.png

iC9h9LA.png

hFveTMB.png

pdZcA23.png

eiXfIl5.png

8unOfT8.png

Un7wsm5.pngvzjGNrN.png

qmRQlio.png

z1cfI9N.png

XvWT8IF.png

pLeJFNR.pngpP5D68P.png

IIuq8xl.png7iKst6q.png

UepmcDC.png

gXmsaQZ.pngPGdr7oH.png

SIMp255.pngO6PFRct.png

UlUe2Mu.png

RvdRHvM.png

bNXmeuA.png

AUKdIfh.png

Oh, not another one of these hard-to-screenshot scrolling texts!

GXxhDuV.png0yCTLtD.pngvjYTLGt.png

bCEuz0N.png

vBQtX8b.pngjTN0qhX.pngNWwptIk.png

WuiUnak.pngWujOpAn.png

vAhAaQL.pnga6mfJyU.pngvF9UiEh.png

6gXH7o9.png

MIxozdU.pngKyvL8eN.pngl24zR2V.png

pIhJzrr.png

UgRas6s.pngzpGQzMh.pngASyqG3C.png

mHQfZAH.pngaurZ76b.png

7PeSrDm.pngIvHIZlh.pngOm3RRFN.png

LzgDjSG.pngNUwOAsC.pngtwW3Fwb.png

O4LRiX3.png0A06ht6.png

wCepoJg.png

8xxmior.pngeji8c7w.pngNbJwoxa.pngqrrWDAm.png

7oDl1FO.png0PwHhAg.png6szbY5l.png

ALUMLxm.png

iBd9Lsa.png

yI7wQNO.pnglwxsNL6.png

ZbpJcXS.pngJozR8t6.png

DKMqvpG.png

i5llfji.png

eZBJd3w.png

And then Guinivere started a totalitarian, fascist rule.

Hahahah... nah, of course not, but it would've been so funny.

5ThsROF.png

Now, for the part that everyone wants to see.

V88k8L7.png

Here's the Elder of A--

Wait a minute...

0LyL3vw.png

What the fuck!? They forgot which of the "generic old guy" sprites they used for the elder of Arcadia! Are you serious!? I thought I was at least going to be able to end this trainwreck without ranting! But of course, this is FE6. They wouldn't let me off the hook that easily.

lrCMhvP.pngkk5ZOko.png

Also, Roy was "in the area". What sort of business did you have in the middle of the desert, man?

kunRRcl.pngMGNggMn.pngGlLe8ow.pngCY6Waos.png

At least they did something right.

UxFBw0d.pngWndPxda.pngTX37L8c.png

Oh, and the main villain is here, too.

TFkhgzm.pngPOHxDUB.pngUiMDu1C.png

Tell her to go back to normal, then. Have you thought of that, hm?

uRx2jW6.png6WowzjL.pnggNLitfv.pngJUzGHuc.png

Wait, is that right?

IeKufwn.pngG05dX04.png

Fuck no! What the hell? When I proposed that you guys abandoned her because she was annoying, I meant it as a throwaway joke that would be forgotten as soon as the line following it was read! I wasn't expecting it to be what actually happened!

oizOT8V.pngqYOmwr6.pngXiu7dhV.png

Try using your metamorphical hair powers on her, that might help. What, are you a distant relative of Wrys? Why is your hair white now? Did you try to drink bleach but missed!?

4WObUBf.pngl6DibHn.png

And it was going so well when Roy and Guinivere finally got a good scene that didn't involve Norlinus or the Prince of Exposition...

Speaking of, Delphin's been MIA since chapter 23, hasn't he?

HdZvdAi.pngLIIV9U8.png

I'll shut up now. This is the scene everyone wants to see.

cgiIUK2.pngWbG0kpx.png9R9n5ED.png

Oh, sorry, little hiccup there. At this point, I was so throughoutly tired of taking screenshots, I started to fuck up more than usual.

WLEs23B.pngqzxWvjm.pngwFqsgds.png80yscae.png

(Case in point)

pROVZEd.pngmq2FlNk.pngPiuF8Ii.pngnS6PyES.png

The screen shakes a little here.

6bWUDG6.pngnXGNKYx.png

You're so dumb, Fae. How adorable. Snnnoorrrt.

uzuwss0.pngSeCWUAL.pngs65C1hK.pngcOIdjJ4.png

This is going to be like that one Family Guy episode where Peter starts trying to murder Lois because it makes Stewie laugh.

Yes, I did just reference that. I've got to find a way to capitalize on the endless stream of clips from that show Youtube recommends me 24/7.

mbSAnRd.pnguWCIVVV.png

But, hush now, me. It's that moment everyone loves.

LkldtpQ.pngqiu5NTX.pngXlRyv1o.pnggEKmVa3.png

Fae runs in circles around Idun. I've got to admit, this makes me go "d'aww" everytime.

adB8bua.pngHygThDt.png

And so she leaves, to tell Roy that Idun laughed so he may answer "Idun laughed...?".

WQmv8WZ.pngOT1Kb4t.pngXNduKga.png

You're in the middle of the desert, what were you expecting?

d6fMMh5.pngXsG7h7O.png

And suddenly, HIROSHI YAMAUCHI!

6Bjge7r.png

I'll spare you the credits. We've endings to go through.

soFVrak.png

Roy's ending is as generic as it gets.

p5sTIOs.png

Fae... nobody gives a damn about Fae, get outta here.

SnyH4dv.png

Ah, finally, someone worthwhile! Wade more or less became discount Echidna, except since he actually has tons of strength to spare, his work actually did come to fruition. Kudos to you, Wade!

xZOYMlY.png

Holy crap, the battles. Also, I like how he killed exactly one more enemy than Wade. For those skeptical about Wade, there you have it: decisive proof that Wade was, indeed, useful for more than just supporting.

Anyway, about the ending, Lot lives a nice life with Mary, and rarely talks about the fact that he's the single most important figure of the Disturbance of Bern. There's also a glaring lack of dying due to cursed axes here. Seems like my scheme to end the curse of Armads worked! A little late for Hector, I'm afraid, but oh well.

rG8PC78.png

Lilina succeeded Daddy Hector and became a pacifist. May she not be taken by the same undetermined illness that took her uncle, her grandparents, and probably his dad had Armads not killed him.

Also, she has no losses because I did a hard reset before she even had a chance to finish her death quote. Also, that never happened. To be entirely honest, I forgot what the second dishonorable reset even was. Zeiss, maybe? I can't remember...

Oee683k.png

Marcus...

PGbbCmO.png

...excuse me?

11GTixc.png

Nonono, hold your horses, game! Where in the world is Marcus's ending?!

Okay, hold on... let me try resetting...

PGbbCmO.png

Maybe the fucked up rom where I played the Sacae route?

PGbbCmO.png

...nope, not that either!

Apparently, Gringe wasn't expecting anyone to take Marcus to the endgame, so he didn't bother writing an ending for him!

Well, who cares. That just means I get to write my own ending for him!

3atPqDu.png

Sounds about right.

708biTG.png

For whatever reason, everyone from Arcadia just vanishes. Why? It's not as if the village's completely inaccessible, I mean, Roy casually waltzed in while he was "in the area".

QBcdh9Q.png

This is one of the very few interesting uses of FE6's "only the units fielded in the endgame get full endings" gimmick. In his shortened ending, he just quits. In his full ending, though, he actually goes back to being the awesome Dougyman of Etruria. Godspeed, Dougy.

C1qXMSt.png

Niime's an asshole and discovers the meaning of life but doesn't disclose it.

nX5rZtI.png

And Cecilia? Cecilia singlehandedly brings Etruria back on its feet because she's awesome and the best Etrurian. A good thing I didn't A-support her with Roy.

1YV5a2P.png

HhAJ7ha.png

onZmH5n.png

xWG5BiE.png

3z42pQX.png

NcODSqO.png

eVQB9Jq.png

ipZTtxm.png

1hQ1SEr.png

cK0To7P.png

TcdsduB.png

tMAQcFT.png

GrDH7mg.png

EvDXTPX.png

RbTtNKI.pngLZyZTGE.png

YcWkhgF.pngXSvkive.pngg4Z7vU2.png

Now we get a bunch of still images of things that never happened, like the Pegasus Sisters being happy together (hah, as if the universe would let me), Roy fighting Zephiel, and... what is that? Delphin's coronation, I'm going to assume.

Uxznopw.png

Turn counts! I love how much 7, 8 and 8x stand out. Fucking Leygance and his godly avoid...

KWAaLOL.png

Also 16x took 183 turns even though I didn't even try to build up supports. Motherfucker...

RopUHIl.png

Oh, crap. It's this.

IiVd1us.png

Off to a great start!

VFDW9uc.png

Nah, actually, that was just the fancy way the ranks come into existance: my combat rating was actually C.

Well... I got a C. A plain pass. Not too bad, not too good, and it's all thanks to Lot pulling up the power rank.

...seriously, though, E tactics, E survival. I feel ashamed of myself.

aYihIyl.png

And now we get the rest of the endings, which suck because FE6 pointlessly deemed it a good idea to screw over everyone who couldn't fight Idun because 8 deployment slots is awful.

Fi3BFRj.png

I'm just going to show these because I want to see just how many of them are pairs of fallen endings.

9TNUUc8.pnga9x8Jub.pngBnr1GPp.pngce91smq.png

Ooooof!

hLI43Pz.pngUnzryxF.pngoMljDSz.png

Aaaaaaaaaack!

bSAxfwr.png

This... I don't give a damn about this.

C13pE3F.png

Wow, finally. A pair of endings that aren't both fallen endings! A shame they're both units I completely forgot about. Shanna got a couple lines way back then. Allen? Allen just fell off the face of the earth.

wTO8kcK.pngDN8l9Pf.png

Hey there, Lugh.

T1dOZoN.png

Look, it's Sue's brother!

pdMlAuy.png

And that'll be all.

vBwICSW.png

oEXvkxj.png

Well, folks... that's been FE6.

Whew. What a ride! I've loved it, with its ups and downs. It was so much fun.

Now, the question is, of course: what now?

Well... I don't know. I start studying again in a month, so I won't be starting another LP right away like I did with this one. I want to see just how much time I'm going to have to spare. As for the next game I'll be playing, I do have an idea. You'll see, hopefully.

Replies to the last posts below the final death count. I'll be replying to any questions you might have, so feel free to ask. Also, just like last time, tell me anything you think I could do to improve my next LP. No, "git gud" is not appropriate feedback.

So until I have a chance to throw another cast to their deaths...

Farewell, everybody!

CLEANER DEATH COUNT:
                        Bors

Wolt

Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Ogier
                        Treck
                        Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss
                        Tate

Lalum
                        Dorothy
                        Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

Chad
                        Barth
                        Geese
                        Ruben

On 3/8/2018 at 3:03 PM, Pengaius said:

*Clap, clap, clap,clap* *stands up* * Clapclap,clapclap,clapclap, clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapCLAP* 

My, my what a tremendously underwhelming finale of a boss.

Which one? I mean, evil!me did fall quite quickly and stupidly.

Ah well let us see what twist this has in store.

... treck is still dead

Don't remind me you asshole.

On 3/8/2018 at 3:09 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Well, it says something when the highlights of a chapter were entirely the fanfic stuff. I didn't see the Albertus revelation coming at all.

Heh. Thanks.

What else is left to say but congratulations on finishing the run, even if we could have said that after Brunja fell. Pretty much the end of an era right here.

Eyup. The rest what just cleanup.

On 3/8/2018 at 3:11 PM, Garlyle said:

Congratulations on the run, can't wait to see the finale (and see how the squad performed)

Pretty good!

This alone makes people wonder how this LP actually survived. 30-36 deaths out of 54 - Oh wait, Barth is there twice on the list, my bad. It can be a miracle that you had equipment for your squad in the end.

Because this is FE. In FE, you only need 10 units.

Like how many people actually saw this line? I never expect Cecilia to be in the final team, even when half the team was pre-promotes.

Jeez, you're right... I hadn't even stopped to think about it, but the team really does have a ton of prepromotes, doesn't it?

I really hope my Douglas turns out to be this useful too. (first difficult chapter encountered, plus I put it on hold, because I need to move to a new flat now. Too much BS!)

Trust Dougy, and you'll be very glad you did.

This is not FE7 Marcus, so it's awesome that he was able to save the run for you. He may be old and a veteran, but his purple hair and armor kept him immortal.

He may be old and senile, but he, Marcus, would not be defeated by the likes of the youngsters!

It's depressing that she was here just to HEAL!! Nah, I'm not mad, just disappointed that all her Mag points went for support. Go Lilina!

She did well. I'm proud.

This is the best moment of the whole run, whenever you play it or just watch it.

I guess so. Although I still like "Fae runs around Idun" better.

On 3/8/2018 at 3:29 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

Ok, not gonna lie, Evil Ruben wanting to create Evil World where everyone's fucking insane and evil is pretty great. And even sensible! Of course he'd want to surround himself with the most powerful and backstabbing people he can if he revels in madness. And I liked the tie in of the Bishops, since as the boss comparisons go they stood out so much. Too bad Evil Ruben's favorite Evil Bishop lacked Windham's power. I mean, even if he had higher stats, he was an endgame boss vs. Windham's midgame boss status. The bad guys never win I suppose.

Hey, thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it.

Also, I love that Evil Ruben's final undoing was, once again, Ruben making a nuisance of himself. Never underestimate the power of a well-timed distraction!

I killed me by being bad at things. Typical.

Can't say I was expecting Albertus to be a manakete. Wonder what his story is. I'm sure we'll get a taste of it in the epilogue, and I'm looking forward to it!

Well... there you have it!

On 3/8/2018 at 5:09 PM, Dayni said:

THE KING IS VULNERABLE!

HE HAS GENERICS WITH HIM!

Alright, let me clarify. The last map in Mystery is like these maps in BB, but it's shorter, so therefore less tedious.

Eh, not really. It's also far better designed.

Trust me, this still wasn't as angry as the Anankos rant.

Now I'd like to see that one.

Well, the moment you talk about being a shadow of someone this is just too obvious.

I suppose so...

Sure, let's forget how shafted by Heroes Athena was (after Ayra happened).

Fuck Heroes is the conclusion I've drawn after your frequent references to it.

Also, well someone isn't bitter. :P

Heh...

So, that explains how the screen looked like it was was Missingno, Missingno is pure energy. That's how Missingno worked the whole time! It works on E = mc2 after all.

I... guess?

.......In the rare camp of.....

Wow, she stands alone. Okay, I think Formortiis might be attackable without being countered, but that's only if he equipped Ravager. So, that's something to fix in SSremake. His other weapon's 1-3 range though.

But does he ever use Ravager? Never seen it, myself, even when I did let him attack.

I'm sorry, I have to reference this now.

I'll be forthcoming with you, I was expecting this.

Well, Humphrey, you always sounded like the rival in a showjumping direct to TV movie. No wonder your nigh is a whinny.

Fuck, I was convinced it was "neigh"! And you know why? Because when I was 12 years old, I watched those cringeworthy creepypasta games that were so popular back in the day, and there was one of MLP (which was particularly cringeworthy, I might add) that had that fucking mistake in its title! Or maybe it was a pun, because I googled "neigh" and it seems to have to do with horses.

I've long since outgrown that phase of my life (if anything now I watch them to get a laugh outta them), but the misspelled word has apparently stayed imprinted in my mind. God damn you, childhood!

Alm was not the first lord to dab all over his enemies after all.

He was in FE2. He really was the first.

Humphrey is LP canon. I'm just smiling at that.

I just had to use the name, after refusing to use it for so long.

Well, this is not the twist I anticipated.

However, it is neat to see that he's more like the BS dragons. Also that horse jumping, pfft.

Hey, he wasn't going to transform on top of it, right?

Oh no a dragon.

You sly dog Albertus, you got him monologuing!

May be just a dragon, but it's a dragon with a brain!

I assume the same genius who decided war dragons were a future civilisation.

That many bodies hit the floor, it's a surprise that this party made it after all. Also RIP Humphrey.

It's the ugly barnacle all over again.

Congrats, we're almost at the end. I assume you're going to have a hiatus, right?

More or less, yes.

On 3/8/2018 at 6:51 PM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Wasn't there some statement about the game before it released that they didn't want to add all the lords cause it'd be too many sword users? Then they add two OC lords who wield swords. I agree too that Smash could really use more variety in FE characters.

And then we got Chrome as a clone of Roy. Eggscellent.

And so for the last time I'll continue my likely futile hope for Lugh!

Eh... bittersweet ending, at least...?

Pretty much.

He may not be my favorite of FE7's Lords, but Eliwood deserves more love. If only his trial-map Paladin self joined you. Granted, not like this game needs more potential Paladins than seven of them...

To be fair, if Eliwood joined with the same stats he had in the trial maps, he'd kick even Perceval out of the water.

Haha, well thanks for the reply on that, it's fun reading them! Feel free to lemme know what I'm doing bad/good so far. I've no idea how often I'll be able to do updates once I get back from vacation and chapters get longer, but vacation right now is letting me play a lot. I'll probably keep it going as long as I can get at least a reply or two from people as it goes on.

Cool!

Oh, something I meant to mention back at the Brunja chapter. While the guiding ring she carries probably won't see any use in promoting anyone, I'm guessing, if you can steal it, that it can be a last boost to someone's funds ranking. I'll give IS the benefit of the doubt on this one and guess that was the intent for it, though it could have just been a gem...

That sort of makes sense, but it's still highly dumb.

Yeah, Idunn's boss fight is...really, really underwhelming, though her sprite is cool. The dragon fight in FE7 always felt awesome by comparison. I do wonder if giving her 2, or even 3 range would help much or not.

And considering the FE7 dragon didn't have a name, got wrecked by Ninian before the battle even started, and got one-rounded by Luna...

I kind of love there being an actual plot reason for all the recolors, that's rather genius.

Isn't it? It was a last-minute addition, actually. I'm quite happy with it, myself.

The horse jumping away sprite is also funny, I'm glad he remembered to keep Horse safe! Or the horse is so used to this by now it's just annoyed every time it has to get away from him transforming.

Not really used, this is the first time he ever transformed in a long, long time.

And so here's to the final anticipation/dread waiting for the ending!

On 4/8/2018 at 9:31 AM, eclipse said:

Man, if that's what a full-grown manakete man looks like, Xane has some catching up to do! :P:

Xane's a man? Since when?

On 5/8/2018 at 3:43 AM, SoloCross said:

Good to see Albertus has upgraded his Dragonstone's OS to whatever they use in Awakening. No more degeneration, slowly dying by existing or underwhelming stats!

It also lets you talk in a cool reverb-y voice which is nice.

Too bad the Fates patch disables speed...

Albertus is the sort of person that wouldn't upgrade Windows 7 because 10 sucks ass and he knows better.

On 7/8/2018 at 12:34 AM, Franp3 said:

Congratulations on finishing another hugely entertaining catastrophe.

And I congratulate you for enduring all the way through it, Franp. I'd thought you'd have quit after Frey died way back in the day, but nope.

The Albertus reveal was unexpectedly epic (if a bit out of the blue, but eh).

I tried to drop a few hints, but just like Lughphrey, they weren't enough, it seems.

CGRuben Archeruben Rubemiya Humphrey's motivations and plan were also handled masterfully.

Overall, the fanficcy plot is waaaaay better than last time.

Well, to be fair, this time I actually tried. Good to know it paid off.

Also, you won the game! I would say at least you're getting better, but...

Better luck next time.

Fuck my life... These shall be the true final words of the final update of the LP (not counting post-end replies).

Fuck my life.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

rEQBd0h.pngqyfhWlo.png

Ma_gba_soldier_other.gif "Wait, that's not a man.....

..... you're a manakete Albertus?"

(The hype man's only lines for the entire time in Elibe not being Albertus's hype man. :P)

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

BwO2hty.png

I actually expected Albertus to have said it to Matthis already,

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

6B5CSAL.pngmQcynnS.png0I9t0ch.png6V6mYnv.png

Honestly, so has Matthis if that's the case Albertus.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

HTpYBvc.png9e9OvNp.png

Well, I understand why you'd want to do that.

It's not like she knows Astore is Gorlois either.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

UepmcDC.png

Man Sid needs a plastic cleric.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Try using your metamorphical hair powers on her, that might help. What, are you a distant relative of Wrys? Why is your hair white now? Did you try to drink bleach but missed!?

Maybe he aged even further since and wore a different generic robe that day.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

xZOYMlY.png

Holy crap, the battles. Also, I like how he killed exactly one more enemy than Wade. For those skeptical about Wade, there you have it: decisive proof that Wade was, indeed, useful for more than just supporting.

Anyway, about the ending, Lot lives a nice life with Mary, and rarely talks about the fact that he's the single most important figure of the Disturbance of Bern. There's also a glaring lack of dying due to cursed axes here. Seems like my scheme to end the curse of Armads worked! A little late for Hector, I'm afraid, but oh wel

I guess his lot in life is not to be a well known warrior.

I assume he's okay with this.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PGbbCmO.png

...nope, not that either!

Apparently, Gringe wasn't expecting anyone to take Marcus to the endgame, so he didn't bother writing an ending for him!

Well, who cares. That just means I get to write my own ending for him!

Of course you do.

I bet his last words were FOR PHERAE.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

QBcdh9Q.png

This is one of the very few interesting uses of FE6's "only the units fielded in the endgame get full endings" gimmick. In his shortened ending, he just quits. In his full ending, though, he actually goes back to being the awesome Dougyman of Etruria. Godspeed, Dougy.

Huh. One of the only justifications for it. I never noticed that before, could probably still do that in the remake.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1hQ1SEr.png

Jeez Margaret, you were a mad one on the fighting.

(Also was higher than Albertus (GWAN MARGARET!). Again, my Legolas/Gimli comparion feels apt)

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TcdsduB.pngtMAQcFT.png

So 155 without a dragonstone. Good man the Albertus.

Also that's just crazy from Matthis, are we sure that LP canon doesn't have Sacae be a two man operation?

GrDH7mg.pngEvDXTPX.png

Wrys the white was still willing to fight rather than go to the Gray Havens (now the name of his monastery).

RbTtNKI.pngLZyZTGE.png

So how far away is Archanea from Elibe in universe then?

Also, I assume the Wrys squad joined under Matthis?

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

what is that? Delphin's coronation, I'm going to assume.

I think that's Guinevere's.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, "git gud" is not appropriate feedback.

Git gud scrub is also not appropriate right?

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

HE HAS GENERICS WITH HIM!

THAT'S NOT VERY HELPFUL AS WE ALL KNOW

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, not really. It's also far better designed.

You're not wrong, but I've seen what Lunatic reverse looks like and I don't know sometimes.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now I'd like to see that one.

Fair warning, it's less coherent and far more expletives are involved.

Anyway, autistic screeching for those who are interested. Manfroy also comes up as the villain who does the most damage, but just skip the first paragraph.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck Heroes is the conclusion I've drawn after your frequent references to it.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. After all, where else can I pair Arvis with someone not named Deirdre in a vain attempt to prevent Julius?

Where else can I use a team of Elincia, Valter, Azura and Nowi who are all flying and not be making a fan hack?

Where else can I complain about an excuse plot with a villain so boring that people are favourably talking about Garon?

Where else can I make Lynodia or have two Reinhardts tear through a map?

Where else can I attempt to still use regular Robin at their worst in the series? Or use Wendy at her best? Or Ursula/Linus/Arvis/Zephiel/Grima at all? Or successfully use War Cleric Lissa?

Where else can I.... you get the idea.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But does he ever use Ravager? Never seen it, myself, even when I did let him attack.

I've seen him use it, though unless he's doing a lot or killing a low defence enemy it's unlikely he would.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He was in FE2. He really was the first.

He didn't dab before SoV though.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, he's a clone of Roy with Marth and Ike mixed in at least. I'd use him if I get Smash Ultimate.

As for commentary, story wise I do think you've gotten stronger and stronger overall in this LP. As for gameplay, I can't really give hints without knowing what's next can I?

With that, I guess this is the end of BB. I guess I should get on with it.

Well this was a good LP. And as for the improving the next one uhh... you could get FEBuilder for whenever you want to make crazy or not so crazy changes to the ROM? (Assuming it's another GBA FE that is...). I dunno, really have nothing else to comment on.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

CLEANER DEATH COUNT:
                        Bors

Wolt

Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Ogier
                        Treck
                        Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss
                        Tate

Lalum
                        Dorothy
                        Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

Chad
                        Barth
                        Geese
                        Ruben

Let us raise a glass to the fallen. 

And without further ado

Bors, more like NOrs

Wolt, more like NOlt

Deke, more like weak

Lugh, lol he got possessed 

Rutger, truly a shame we lost such a cool and important character

Noah, more like NOah wait a minute

Clarine, another tragedy, the most glorious lady of Etruria high society cut down far too soon, CURSE YOU @Saint Rubenio

Lance, heh he lost an eye

Jerrot, hah all his friends died

Fir, more like durr

Wendy, wasn't bendy enough to dodge

Ogier, more like NOgier

Treck, unimportant, unnotable bad unit, moving on

Bartre, more like BADtre

Ellen, went to HELLen

Echidna, worst girl, should have done other path

Cath, sweet child lost to war I pity the soul who ordered your death, he will be struck down by vengeful spirits

Sophia, more like NOphia

Raigh, Worst edgelord glad he died

Zeiss, wait, did he die or not why the hell is he still in the roster?

Tate, like a TATER, get it, because potatoes are in the ground and so is she, y'know cuz she died

Lalum, *makes yoshi noise* yes I am aware that it's the Japanese onomatopoeia for lick, pero, but it still sounds like he's saying Lalum

Dorothy, more like DIErothty

Hugh, he's dead Woo-Hugh

Yoder, more like NOder

Juno, more like JuNO wait a minute (again)

Chad, still bad

Barth

Geese, R.I.G, Rest in Geese

Ruben, Dammit Albertus, you hit the wrong Ruben

Well no more deaths left, ah well it was fun while it lasted (more dead people than living ones GG ruben GG)

Well, Ruben, it’s been a long run...however, I’m glad to have gone along on this journey with you! Stay safe, and I’ll loook forward to seeing your next LP!

On 8/8/2018 at 2:02 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, I don't have too much of an opinion on that. Still would love to see especially any sort of spear/lance user be in that series.

Eh... bittersweet ending, at least...?

Bittersweet indeed, though not like I'm horribly biased or anything. Can't say I'm not disappointed, though I totally set myself up for it. At least Lugh's legacy lives on in Raigh, especially so since he's the reason he's alive. I'd also like to think he's happy in the afterlife with his parents and Chad. More on that later.

To be fair, if Eliwood joined with the same stats he had in the trial maps, he'd kick even Perceval out of the water.

True, but I wouldn't complain about it!

That sort of makes sense, but it's still highly dumb.

No argument there.

onZmH5n.png

I wish so too Raigh. Y'know, I kind of wanna head-canon that he has kids of his own someday, maybe even twins, and it makes him happy seeing them have the sort of relationship he and Lugh didn't get to have.

So on to final thoughts...

I really respect the massive amount of effort that went into all the endings here and the extra scenes for many pairs of characters.

Regarding everything with Lugh, it was all probably a bit...too much for me to say I enjoyed it. Especially given the nature of his character, already sad backstory (plus Nino's), and age, and much bias given he's my favorite character, it was hard to read him and Raigh basically being the most tortured characters in the story. Raigh's reactions and not being able to save him after being so determined only made it even more heartbreaking (which was totally the point). I of course made it worse on myself by trying to hope he might get rez'd or something, whoops. At least he, in a weird way, sort of got to be awesome still by fighting back enough to save Raigh, and sacrifice himself/take out other Humphrey. Still very sad as a big Lugh fan though, and I just hate seeing the twins tragically torn apart even in an AU.

That said, it was all done incredibly well, and I think the fact that it legit tore me up speaks to you doing good with the writing of it. So even if that part of the story was too cruel/dark for my liking, you did a good job with it, and I liked how you write Raigh's character (and most everyone). It actually makes it a little more sad and disappointing for me in that I would have loved to see how you might have written more had Lugh lived in the first place, especially interactions between them. Maybe someday if you ever play Green, or Onmi's big remake/hack of FE6 if that ever finishes (I'll send you a link about that if you've never heard of it).

Outside of that, I really liked seeing a lot of the original stuff, particularly seeing some characters get expanded upon or getting extra screen time even in little places here and there. Having now started an LP of my own, I can especially respect all the extra work the writing, doing custom portraits, etc. took. I also now understand how imgur can be super super frustrating sometimes.

So overall, even if there are some bits that were a bit much for me and I didn't need that sadness in my life (I never needed to see the possessed/dead Lugh portrait :P:), hey, it's cause I found this and looking at other ones too that inspired me to start trying my own LP. Speaking of, I really appreciate the replies on that so far and I hope I'm doing okay.

Eager to see whatever you end up deciding next!

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

V88k8L7.png

Here's the Elder of A--

Wait a minute...

0LyL3vw.png

What the fuck!? They forgot which of the "generic old guy" sprites they used for the elder of Arcadia! Are you serious!? I thought I was at least going to be able to end this trainwreck without ranting! But of course, this is FE6. They wouldn't let me off the hook that easily.

It's been a while. He changed clothes. Just go with it.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

IeKufwn.pngG05dX04.png

Fuck no! What the hell? When I proposed that you guys abandoned her because she was annoying, I meant it as a throwaway joke that would be forgotten as soon as the line following it was read! I wasn't expecting it to be what actually happened!

He probably felt remorse for causing the whole Demon Dragon thing. Either that or bleach isn't fatal to manaketes.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess so. Although I still like "Fae runs around Idun" better.

That's also a great one. But it's great in a different way.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

KWAaLOL.png

Ok, how much was the final turn count? Some of these turn counts are waaaay higher than the average. 16x looks like you moved 1 tile per turn only.