Let's make world conquest easier for Zephiel - Let's play Ironman Fire Emblem 6, without skills!

Saint Rubenio

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

UNDrUPE.png

WAIT HOW'S HE-

Oh right you didn't go there in A route.

a2zcDKt.pngAuxMA6w.png

Man look at Morgan, he's just so pathetic.

Don't ruin my headcanon, here. Besides, his portrait is always looking down.

Honestly, I wish he got artwork. That would solve all our doubts.

It would. Likely show that he's short.

And Saul, and Dorothy, and Wade, and Sue, And Tate... your argument doesn't hold. I've lost a lot of people, but that doesn't mean we don't have a few veterans to speak of.

How many are treated as loftily though?

They might very well be.

I thought about it, but they're not because the family around Sigurd exists

The biggest without a main character?

Not enough aid to carry Douglas = not enough aid, period.

That's Shin territory.

You refuse to use Shin.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why, because you hate Douglas so much!

AND WHAT OF IT?

You already know I don't like the guy from a gameplay perspective.

Nonsense. He can be used just fine.

But you're treating Perceval as dead and he's less dead-

Oh who am I kidding Ruben probably told Merlinus to put him in the wagon horse and all.

Waiting 'til level 20 to promote is a pitfall. I will prove you wrong by bringing Hugh to the endgame.

In a more serious note, I'd much rather have a promoted Hugh with two less levels, than bring him unpromoted to this chapter. That's just a recipe for disaster. If I really have to get him to catch up, next chapter has an arena, but I believe his stats are good enough as it is.

This is me.

I read that whole update but I can't seem to find what you're referencing. Please explain.

King Aurelis, I thought you'd said something about him being sad there and he does look similar.

No no, go ahead, make a prediction.

Spoiler

Could it be Wrys the white?

Ah, that's just too bad, but real life comes first.

Well, it's happened by now.

Glorious, my ass. There's nothing glorious about this chapter. Unless they mean "glorified torture".

Glorious torture! They'd have memes pouring out of the tower if they could!

DWHlmCO.pngXRoBFlY.png

Roartz's magnificent intelligence rears its ugly head once more. He just left an ally (an ally who has a berserk staff, at that!) behind because... reasons? Why not come to the tower, fetch Windham and flee with him? Maybe even grab his troops as well so that, when you go beg to Murdock/Brenya for help, you have 30-40 people whose help to offer to Bern instead of just you and Arcardo?

Windham is all power and no cunning.

enPUtl4.png

Oh, God, not the Heavenly Arrows.

Oh god, not the promoted mage's shenanigans

I want a general, so it's okay, Dougy, I forgive you, even if nobody else will.

I PROUDLY DAMM HIM.

Unless I have to use him in BB.

Hi5d8e0.pngiroGNrq.png

A part of me likes the fact that this game actually uses siege tomes and asshole tomes regularly, unlike the other GBA games, but... the rest of me wants to be happy.

Honestly? Me too.

Before we proceed, you might've noticed we've new faces among us. Dougy himself is now a blue unit! Fantastic! Dougy is not such a bad unit, actually. His defense is very high, so is his strength, and his growths could be worse, 30s everywhere isn't horrible. He, however, does have many crippling flaws. His speed is absolutely horrendous, his skill isn't that good, his con makes him almost as unrescuable as Merlinus and he suffers from a deployment situation second only to Cecilia's in how bad it is. Seriously, this chapter is the complete opposite of the sort of map Dougy likes. I guess it's part of what makes him be discarded inmediately by everybody.

I'm not everybody, though. I'm a special snowflake and a genius and y'all should respect, love and worship me for it. In that order.

I am in disagreement.

qj2RbuU.png

S light, everybody. Saul has reached max holiness, all while being the worst person in Elibe. I don't know how I feel about this.

Perfect timing.

oKyvHoF.png

The arrow doesn't hit anybody. See, that's another dick move: if you see a stationary enemy, then 9 times out of 10 that particular tile cannot be hit by the arrows. The soldier's complaints to Windham? Bullshit. He takes good care not to hit anybody who hasn't broken formation. Isn't that amazing?

Likely because otherwise it would force them to immediately move I'd guess.

KftXsMD.png

The plan is as follows: wait the bolting and the status staves out. Yep. I'm not trying to break any records here, as we know, so there's no good reason to fight under bolting fire.

You're not wrong-

ZbV6SNg.png

I GET KILLED BY SINGLE DIGIT CRIT CHANCES! I GET KILLED BY THE HEAVENLY ARROWS! I GET KILLED BY MAGES, CAVALIERS, KNIGHTS, MERCENARIES, HORSEMEN, EVERYTHING! WHAT'S NEXT?! AM I GOING TO LOSE SOMEONE TO FRIGGIN' POISON DAMAGE?!!?

Okay, what did I say I'd do if this happened? Because, if you don't know, Zeiss's death just locked us out of 21x for no good reason.

On 3/12/2018 at 1:06 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

if Milady/Zeiss died, then what?

Well, I've been thinking, and I think this is what I'll do when if the time comes: I'll just reset (I suppose adding a dishonorable reset to the counter) and discharge the unit in question for life, like Lance and Jerrot.

Ah, I see.

Well, then.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Well Tate gets the Delphi shield now, I see I was wrong. Honestly I think you missed the chance at a more unique death edit here: Scorched by the heavenly arrow.

GxZjcAF.png

Looks familiar? Saul is in the same tile column he was the last time. He's now standing over Zeiss' corpse, that's all.

Oh, yeah, that's another thing: as far as the plot is concerned, Zeiss is dead. Without Wrys, there is noone to go in to save anybody in the brink of defeat. And since these first two turns have more or less gone exactly like last time, let's just pretend I never reset, shall we?

Yes, that's it... forget the reset happened, and... I'll just... casually forget to add it to the counter...

...what? What are you giving me that gaze for?

But muh Apocalypse-

Yeah yeah, Their finding it was dumb.

WlJGiqk.png

And now, let's split up. I made a mistake with one of these groups. With all the information you have at hand, can you spot which one and what is the aforementioned crippling flaw?

You brought Douglas- Wait no that's forced.

Your right has Marcus, Boi, Saul + Dorothy and Sue. Bit weak, right?

OX8BszP.png

Hugh, wave your enemy goodbye! That's it, just like that!

And now for some proposed cut ins:

"Now you see me, now you die."

"Is this your card? Nope, it's some lightning."

"My grandmother has this many headaches in her back"

694U9Zn.png

But he could reach her! What the hell happened? Why go after Dougy?

Maybe, thanks to the angelic robe, he couldn't quite kill her, so in order not to die, he went after the good General?

Probably, that's it. I'm glad I sold Gonzo's promotion to get Lilina not to die.

Alright, sure.

RIP Gonzy.

Okay, he didn't die. Good. It'd be a real shame if I didn't get to use Douglas, eh, Dayni?

It would, you're clearly having fun with him.

NbJ3qLt.png

Ah-ha! You've been foiled, fool!

Minimalist Lilina strikes!

Poor Hugh. The readers keep shitting on him, I early promoted him, and he's spent half of his screentime thus far being silenced. At this rate, he's going to be the one ending up with a really bad headache on his back.

I wasn't crapping on him, nor was I saying that you shouldn't promote him. I said it was a shame you didn't get those last 2 levels. Especially after what happened to Zeiss.

x4Sg85M.png

UTTER TRASH.

DO NOT USE.

MG1flxo.pnggFjDNir.png

Igrene somehow manages to grab one of the Heavenly Arrows while it's falling, shooting it into the Sniper instead. It still does 10 damage, but it's more epic that way.

Okay, that would be badass. Almost make up for the chapter as a whole.

Also fitting it took 10 damage anyway.

ZVapaUP.png

Sure enough, one turn later, Dougy hits him again, leaving him at one HP.

Perfect.

You going for a kid's show?

djx9STL.png

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON'T!!!

flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

ROUNDABOUT INTENSIFIES

WELL FUCK THAT'S A RESET AND MIREDY YOUR ONLY FLIER NOW. Fuck this chapter, go and get pints this Good Friday?

On 2018. 03. 30. at 6:45 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, no, it doesn't. Lilina's list is huge, but...

- Everyone else from Ostia is dead...

- ...except for Astolfo, who's a Thief in FE6, thus not really worth deploying for anything other than pilfering shenanigans.

- Roy has Marcus.

- Garret and Gonzo aren't worth it, especially with Lot and Wade kicking ass.

That leaves Lilina with a whopping one viable option, and I'm not sure if Cecilia will be able to keep up for long. On the other hand, Hugh has Niime, who's pretty good as well as my last hope for a Druid.

Hugh's average defense is better than having none at all like Lilina, and unless he gets severely speed screwed, his speed will be good as well. Again, not saying Lilina's bad, but underselling Hugh isn't a good idea either.

Hmm, fair point. For me Gonzales works really well with Lilina, but it might be late to start working on the support. Hugh is lucky to have Niime, guess she plays her role, because someone else have died.

2BMfNIe.pngS-Sid! Siiiid! It's a miracle!

5pOyHm8.pngWhat's going on, Ruben? You look so happy...

2BMfNIe.pngSid, WRYS IS BACK!

5pOyHm8.pngWHAT?!

kFhDmAz.pngGood evening. How was my funeral?

5pOyHm8.pngWrys! Wrys, you're alive... you're alive! I don't believe it! How?! How did you survive?!

kFhDmAz.pngIt's a very interesting story indeed. Allow me to tell you everything...

5pOyHm8.pngWrys... o Saintly Elimine, thank you... thank you for...

5pOyHm8.pngkFhDmAz.png2BMfNIe.pngThank you for APRIL FOOLS!!

Part 32 - The math does not add up!

I'm late, aren't I? Oh, well... I'm sure somewhere in the world, I was right on time.

Before we begin, let me tell you two things.

1- Obviously, that last scene was non-canon for the LP. My first idea for the intro was instead shoehorned into the update, later on. It should be easy enough to find.

2- If you hate me for doing that, just keep on reading, you'll have fun.

On 30/3/2018 at 9:06 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Oh dear; who knows what will happen next? Will Tate survive? The suspense is killing me!

Much like Zeiss.

Oh, you... hahahahahah!

On 30/3/2018 at 9:41 PM, Dayni said:

WAIT HOW'S HE-

Oh right you didn't go there in A route.

Yeah, he got lucky, unlike Orlo. Which sucks, honestly.

Man look at Morgan, he's just so pathetic.

I mean, he already was when he was "important".

It would. Likely show that he's short.

Why, Dainy, why? Why do you persist?!

How many are treated as loftily though?

Well... I probably should give Dorothy more credit than I do. I barely mention her, despite the fact that she's a physical powerhouse.

I thought about it, but they're not because the family around Sigurd exists

The biggest without a main character?

Yes, that's probably it.

That's Shin territory.

You refuse to use Shin.

Why use Sin when I have his sister?

AND WHAT OF IT?

You already know I don't like the guy from a gameplay perspective.

Heheheheh... okay, okay.

But you're treating Perceval as dead and he's less dead-

Oh who am I kidding Ruben probably told Merlinus to put him in the wagon horse and all.

Pffft. Now that's a hilarious mental picture.

This is me.

Excellent.

King Aurelis, I thought you'd said something about him being sad there and he does look similar.

Ah, of course, of course. I was looking for a reference to Mordred himself, but yes, that does work too. Stupid FE, reusing character designs.

Reveal hidden contents

Could it be Wrys the white?

Interesting theory, indeed. Time shall prove you wrong... or right.

(Nice reference, by the way)

Well, it's happened by now.

I pray it went well.

Glorious torture! They'd have memes pouring out of the tower if they could!

Instead, they have arrows that kill Zeiss before he has a chance to shine. Joy.

Windham is all power and no cunning.

Perhaps, but that's some power Roartz could've added to his own. Instead, he just leaves him behind because there has to be a chapter.

Oh god, not the promoted mage's shenanigans

Damn them!

I PROUDLY DAMM HIM.

Unless I have to use him in BB.

Considering he uses axes... although, so does Lot, and as you can see, he has potential to out-tank Dougy.

Honestly? Me too.

Nice to see we're in agreement.

I am in disagreement.

Son of a--

Perfect timing.

I got a Bishop to S light before even getting the Aureola. And then the elitists say it's impossible to use it... pah!

Likely because otherwise it would force them to immediately move I'd guess.

Bottom line, this chapter is horrible and I hate it.

You're not wrong-

WHAT THE FUCK?

Eeeeeyup.

Well Tate gets the Delphi shield now, I see I was wrong. Honestly I think you missed the chance at a more unique death edit here: Scorched by the heavenly arrow.

Hmmm... well, that could be arranged...

A56GKoH.png

Not bad, not bad at all. I like it. You had a good idea there, Dainy.

But muh Apocalypse-

Yeah yeah, Their finding it was dumb.

Actually, if I recall correctly, it's even dumber than that: Delphin finds the shrine's basement, and then Zeiss/Minerva pop out of nowhere to talk about it because they're from Bern. If either of them is dead, Delphin doesn't find the shrine's basement. Amazing.

You brought Douglas- Wait no that's forced.

What could I've done but bring Dougy? He's forcefully deployed in this chapter!

Your right has Marcus, Boi, Saul + Dorothy and Sue. Bit weak, right?

Not really, as I said, Dorothy is extremely powerful despite me not acknowledging her nearly as much as she deserves, but Saul's lack of a heal staff was annoying to deal with.

And now for some proposed cut ins:

"Now you see me, now you die."

"Is this your card? Nope, it's some lightning."

"My grandmother has this many headaches in her back"

"I am no slouch with a spell tome, see?"

"Look, grandma, I'm powerful too!"

"Time to earn some cash!"

And after A-supporting with Niime, a hidden line is unlocked:

"WATCH ME, MOTHER!"

Alright, sure.

RIP Gonzy.

Sorry, man. I know it's painful to see Dougy being used instead of Gonzy, but that's life.

It would, you're clearly having fun with him.

Heheheh... you haven't seen anything yet.

Minimalist Lilina strikes!

Good ol' GBA movement frames.

I wasn't crapping on him, nor was I saying that you shouldn't promote him. I said it was a shame you didn't get those last 2 levels. Especially after what happened to Zeiss.

Had I not promoted him then, I fear he could've suffered the same fate as Zeiss. No, thanks.

UTTER TRASH.

DO NOT USE.

Too late for that.

Okay, that would be badass. Almost make up for the chapter as a whole.

Also fitting it took 10 damage anyway.

The situation was perfect indeed.

Perfect.

You going for a kid's show?

The educational adventures of Dougy the General.

"Hello, kids! I am General Dougy, and today, we'll learn the value of loyalty to one's king! Remember, kids: NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER LEAVE YOUR KING'S SIDE! EVEN IF YOUR DAUGHTER PLEADS THAT YOU GO WITH HER! STICK AN AXE ON HER FACE, SHE'S NOT THE KING! IF YOUR FORMER COLLEAGUES ASK YOU TO BE REASONABLE, KILL THEM ALSO! THE KING IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

It was cancelled after the pilot.

flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

ROUNDABOUT INTENSIFIES

It does indeed. And the Tom Meme, apparently.

WELL FUCK THAT'S A RESET AND MIREDY YOUR ONLY FLIER NOW. Fuck this chapter, go and get pints this Good Friday?

Well, no, but I went to a rock concert this saturday. It was cool, but I was with my almost as anti-social friend, so we didn't waste any time drinking alcohol or being with people. But enough about me.

On 31/3/2018 at 12:00 AM, eclipse said:

First Raigh, and now Zeiss.  You're breakin' my heart here.

Sorry. I'm doing my best. I really am. It's just, my best is about as good as Ruud's best. And, as we know, Ruud started the domino chain reaction that resulted in Zephiel's downfall.

23 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Hmm, fair point. For me Gonzales works really well with Lilina, but it might be late to start working on the support.

Honestly, that would've been good if Lot and Wade didn't exist. As it is, what I need are lances/swords, not axes.

Hugh is lucky to have Niime, guess she plays her role, because someone else have died.

Yeah, Hugh is so lucky to have the woman who abused him during his entire childhood, causing him to become a childish idiot who desperately tries to appear strong because he's had "magic power is everything" drilled into his brain since babyhood.

21 hours ago, DestructionDragon360 said:

Tate if you die I'll kill you. And your family. And your family's family. Oh wait. They're all already dead. Or benched. Which is probably worse.

Don't remind me...

Spoiler

Relevant.

qNbyzZa.png

No... no, don't you dare... nooooo! Halt! Stop! Cease and desist! Return to your post, soldier! That's an order... from above!

djx9STL.png

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON'T!!!

QmPNGxN.png

Oh. The longbow was too weak to kill her.

...how positively anticlimatic.

GXWjy9m.png

She didn't even get hit by an arrow, although even then, it wouldn't have killed her.

Man, I'm so happy I gave her that dragonshield.

i5eLowQ.png

Well, then, time for plan B: run.

GlCbULG.png

Cecilia levels up. Speed, speed, speed.

AxfUy0F.png

...well. If nothing else, she's the most durable Valkyrie.

lsFFnbi.png

Okay, the Mage can't reach Dougy. That's all that really matters.

rkGLsY1.png

Now, this asshole. I'd like to save him up for Dougy, but...

tcayyWs.png

Well, no harm in chipping him down now.

MPzA5YD.png

Hahahahahah... oh my God, Dorothy. You've come such a long way from the time when I had to sacrifice a top tier unit to save your sorry ass. Now YOU are the top tier unit!

nYY9mWs.pngHmxDXR1.png2c72iff.png

Oki-dokey, he's been neutralized. Saul heals Tate beacuse I want to be safe, and being safe is worth the physic use.

ygC7YsO.pngPOXskPU.pngU21KWqA.png

The Mage attempts to kill Tate, but she's a Peggie Knight, it obviously doesn't work. Her resistance is lower than Lot's, a Warrior, but...

U2Jytxr.png

Please, Dougy, I beg of you, hit.

dMtf73Y.png

Nice! Now, don't get a sucky level up, and I'll get you a spot on the team.

dAA54E7.png

Yes! Yes! Speed! And strength, which is always good. Speed! He got speed!

KPhbbc6.pngbKXZ5O3.pngK9VUNE8.png

And that's it. All things considered, that wasn't so bad.

16vYLHI.pngxZRFtwM.pngPBzodpa.pngDJxvxFZ.png

On Roy's side, Sue drops off Dorothy so she can help Saul obliterate this Knight. He does so in flying colours.

aURzWDz.pngENKJJHP.pnghA2uZX2.png

I must say, I fear that 2% crit. Treck and Echidna both died to a similarly tiny chance of dying.

1wwOH6K.pngzOwnQ7u.png

Ah, blistering barnacles! That's another physic use down the drain.

y4NUYmv.png

Enough playing around! Die!

ZcTWGJ3.pngKhmZDWv.png

Eh, 6 uses. Not bad.

FnUH63R.png

Sniper... here comes Dougy~!

rnTE6or.png

Tate chips him down a little, and...

4j2h3S4.png

Dougy time!

SfSHBFy.png

Not bad.

JNMYy6N.png

Eh... I'm happy. I don't expect him to be able to kill Windham, but this is good enough for now.

M0EqyTo.png

Hugh levels up. Make it a good one.

v0VDF2p.png

Hugh, please, this is not helping me make you look good in the eyes of the readers. C'mon!

Although, it's still better than Sue's level.

KoIagEC.pngn2jBQnn.pngwkbddEk.png2w9tvG7.png

Very well. The time has come.

VlARntl.pngVzKO7Vu.png

Say goodbye to the little pegasus.

UJGg1iq.pngL9EtYs1.pngXbHNuAn.png

For it has now turned into a unicorn!

FIN0ssu.png

Not bad, not bad at all. I really like that defense. It's uncharacteristically high for a Falcoknight.

46L1MYW.pngunSFkgy.pnglll8vVF.pngC5oUdnF.png

Sue... oh my God, those gains are horrible. This is FE6, girlie, what sort of gain is 1 speed? Hugh got only 1 speed, sure, but he also got +4 magic. What did you get? +4 res? Whoppity-fucking-doo, now you've the same rest as Dougy.

USqGpD9.png

So... Windham.

EIZptQJ.pngX3Kz0hD.png

Windy will be the one who'll give me the power to choose between Sacae and Ilia. To that end, I need to bring him down to 1 HP and then create a savestate.

95kFkRc.pngqRRTTm1.png5ASWvi7.png31tQwuq.png

Dorothy begins working on him.

03vE6xy.pngStWI1Wy.png

Argh! Annoying...

teNiBG3.pngyDb0KKu.png

Hmph... no, I need something more reliable.

WoZkjSQ.pngCV2JMal.pngzWZSFrz.png

I don't know why I did that, but one thing's for sure: I did do it.

0hK1Lue.pngvb5ZSku.pngkPxKlFG.png

In the end, I just did this, but with aircalibur, so that we actually hit. Eh, whatever works.

Oki-dokie, we can proceed to the second phase of the plan. But first...

4kADS4p.pngv2rrHtD.png

Marcus and Roy reach max support.

ZJBRbDl.pngx3i168G.pngfetUjdD.png

Called it.

dfCxGUr.png

Nonsense. You're still godly.

siXM9GP.png

Second floor basement?

Kug6bOk.pngb28Y7IO.png

I agree with Roy, you've got to be kidding me!

0TVbOQe.pngMgQhkz1.pngTj5ge9G.png

Shut up! I will not have any of this idiocy! You're senile, all right: you've forgotten you're still one of my best units!

BRD7gvG.png0a3qHSt.pngrZwqVNH.png

Yes, you do! As I do! As Lycia does! Stay, Marcus, for Lycia!

FwFEre8.pngAkzmwWk.png

See, Roy? This is what happens when you're a sassy asshole to your old mentor.

Although... maybe it's for the best that the pupil's the sassy one here, considering what happened when the opposite situation was true.

zvR9D5T.pngyKaTJRq.pngGaGHzVm.png3QOhO5L.png

Delphin and Merlinus, like you have this whole war. Marcus isn't an advisor, he's a fighter. And a damn good one at that.

Vk4g73r.pngHqXDVPQ.pngfP3uz6R.png

Phew... he sees reason! That's a relief.

qE8qdwI.png

Hahahah! Epic! That's my Marcus.

y64N0qp.png

That done, the time has come to savescum for the sake of entertaining the masses.

E4fCQqgg.png

This is the save. And now...

Ni47r5T.png

Let's conduct a little test before I decide which route to take.

8O4vNXO.pngvr0cEXF.png

Jeez, this guy's so generic.

QIH0Cu5.pngaa9Os7F.png

Okay, so if Sue gets the Windy kill, we go to Sacae. That checks out.

j02Ahkd.pngUAwFXUe.pnggXvUCL7.png

And if Tate gets the kill instead...

EJ0CjTG.pngY2ZO9ul.png

...ergh... wait, hold on, hold on. Maybe she just needs to get a level up. According to Serenes, what counts is the "total gained EXP", and Serenes is a very reliable source of information. Besides, if I recall correctly, I did get Sue's brother a little bit of experience in his initial chapter. There's no reason to panic.

a3VaBA0.pngSuKy8LK.pngMoNx8zb.pngYLuMdV3.png

Rescue shenanigans so Windy doesn't kill himself on the wrong person.

xw6RQGC.pngfaNKREL.pngutVUfcR.png

And some boss abusing later, we're all set.

vdZj7E2.pngR5HerZT.png

Nice level up. Shame we'll lose it because this is but a test.

4gGHdiJ.pngbdrfhpb.png

...what? Oh, no...

Oh, billions of billious blistering blue barnacles... Serenes lied to me! They don't count "total EXP gained", they count fuckin' levels! Base levels are not gained, they're there already! By what definition of the word "gain" does the experience that a unit has to begin with count as "EXP gained"?!

Fucking hell, this is what I get for trying to be a good LPer and show everything. I should've just benched Sue and gone to Ilia.

v1bp4Ud.png3BmiQpB.pngkxpPXE2.png

Well, looks like we'll be staying here a tiny bit longer. Let's make sure noone dies. Would be a true shame, wouldn't it?

GR3J3xo.pngeunjuxX.png

Oh, doggone it... fuck! As if this wasn't going to take long enough already!

YjTMhuL.png3aOpkqJ.png

Fuck. Now she has to use a javelin that weighs her down so much, she fell off the screen!

3vABFdN.png

And promoting only gave her E swords, and nobody has any E rank swords to give to her. Great! I love this game!

Xlywy8S.pngdGnq0zp.pngJAYfQ9N.png

Guess we'll have to make do with the iron lance. It's going to take ages, but at least noone can die.

8AxeE4b.png

Ah, he actually ran out of divine charges! Hah! Excellent. It's still going to be tedious, but less so, since she won't have to stop attacking to get healed.

NzdaTra.pngg4lTx1b.pngsZ2q6SR.png

So... turn 58. Let's see how long it takes us, shall we?

XgN9gO0.pngoYmRFdl.pngGoiB0zq.pngvWuFiCx.png

See, normally, I would consider this sort of heavy boss abuse cheating, but not this time. You know why? Because this stupid game forced an arbitrary route split based on the total levels of two groups of units, one of which has a unit that can't be trained because she has no strength and defense, and the other one has a 5 level head-start on the first group. Amazing! Total genius! Great game design!

4Ph66JR.pngKxp898M.png

And yes, I did rig the RNG to give Dougy this kill. Got a problem with it? It took long enough even with the RNG screwage. God damnit, having one damned screenshot for everything does not do this justice. I should've captured the whole process, and force y'all through 5 updates of Tate missing Windy. That way, you'd comprehend my pain.

Then again, you'd also leave the thread if I did that, and I want views, so yeah. Just try to imagine me wasting an hour doing this. With the spacebar firmly pressed at all times.

YH0uh13.png

Oh, well, at least I get to have some fun with this idiot's face. Yahoo...?

4SuxxGI.png

Oh, please... speed, Dougy.

fhBsBWd.png

OH, TO HELL WITH THIS CRAP!

R25I7MW.pngNcnXH0i.pngXLIZ9a4.png

You know, looking back, I'm kinda baffled at how stupid this was. What was I thinking? I forgot to give her another level up!

LVRhKLM.pngPbgPtCy.png

Oh, right, I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to get out, and failed to realise I hadn't gotten her another level up.

vc97You.png

Dougy got speed this time, at least. Small victories.

ih8ee5a.pngBAG96xc.png

Yey! The Bishop's Teachings! Again! Who could've foreseen this!?

GM85V3W.png

That's better. Not the level, the level sucks ass.

Z61heZa.pnglS5U6yl.png17irEaN.png18OPOH8.png

This time it has to work. 27 Tate levels + 1 from Shanna = 28, 21 Sue levels + 5 from Shin = 26. It HAS to work. If it doesn't, I'm going to quit life.

Then again, by that logic, we should've gone to Ilia when Tate was at level 6, but eh, again, Shin did get a little bit of EXP.

EjKo4Ik.pngattwNTa.png

Speed again! If we got the Ocean's Parting now, it'd be swell.

6EPBvF4.pngs00Ycfk.png

No! What the devil!? NO! THAT DOESN'T ADD UP! YOU'RE CHEATING, GAME! YOU'RE FUCKING CHEATING, YOU HEAR ME?! I CAN UNDERSTAND KILLING MY UNITS, IT'S A GAME ABOUT WAR, BUT ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY CHEAT! I WILL GO TO ILIA IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!

OaLWywx.png

I'm going to create a savestate and quickly restart so I can go check Shanna and Shin. Maybe Shin got 10 level ups while I wasn't looking.

Yes, that's definitely it, my little brother came to my computer and power trained him in chapter 13's arena while I was away. I see no flaws with that theory.

N5BJAyF.png

No, hold on, I don't have any siblings! I don't understand anything!

phaoaRN.png

Shanna has MORE gained experience than Shin!?!!?

SHE HAS MORE! SHE HAS MORE, AND YET THE GAME REFUSES TO LET ME GO TO ILIA!

See, even if they counted experience as well as levels (which I think they do), it still doesn't add up, because while Shin does almost have another level, so does Shanna! The math does not fucking add up! IT DOES NOT ADD UP! YOU HEAR ME, INTSYS!?!? YOU'RE LYING! YOU AND YOUR WRETCHED PIECE OF CRAP OF A GAME ARE LYING! LIES, LIES, LIES, LIES, LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Oh, and just a friendly warning to you boys and girls: don't you dare tell me to add this to the dishonorable reset counter, or else it'll be remembered as the dishonorable reset that killed the damned LP. I don't deserve this!

q9PvRa2.png

Okay, we're b--

Wait, where's Windham?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! I SAVED AFTER KILLING WINDHAM BY MISTAKE! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!! MY BEAUTIFUL TIME, WASTED?! I WON'T ALLOW IT!

DN3zdxc.png

...there's one more?! Oh, thank God, the situation may be salvageable yet...

AVJz8Z8.png

...GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--

oPLHZja.png

MpQ4Khs.png...Sid.

5pOyHm8.pngHm?

MpQ4Khs.pngThere is something I'd like to ask you.

5pOyHm8.pngYes?

MpQ4Khs.pngDoes it... not trouble you to fight against your motherland?

5pOyHm8.png...I'll be entirely forthcoming with you, Lord Pent. No. It doesn't.

MpQ4Khs.pngTruly? Not even slightly?

5pOyHm8.pngNo. I have no family or friends to return to. No place to go back to. I don't share King Zephiel's goals and I despise his methods. 

5pOyHm8.pngEven so... Bern was all I had. I joined the army for that reason. For a Bernian orphan, there is no other place.

MpQ4Khs.pngYou're an orphan...

5pOyHm8.pngBut what really did it... what really made me want to help put Bern down... was what they did to the first person that ever did me any good.

5pOyHm8.pngI was his enemy. He was on the run. If I had any reason to remain loyal, I could've easily raised my lance and killed him and his friend after he saved me, and he knew it.

5pOyHm8.pngAnd he still did it. I had so much to thank him and Ruben for... but now he's dead. Bern killed him. I can never repay him for everything.

MpQ4Khs.png...

5pOyHm8.pngI will wear this broken armor until the end of this war, because this... is what Bern has done to me. These scars are what my loyalty to Bern cost me. Loyalty to a nation... is meaningless. One's nation won't save you from the brink of death. Good people will. And people aren't good or bad based on their place of birth.

MpQ4Khs.png...I... see.

5pOyHm8.png...my apologies. Perhaps I spoke too harshly.

MpQ4Khs.pngNo, I understand. I... the reason I asked you this is that I can feel my own faith in Etruria faltering. It... worries me.

5pOyHm8.pngWhy, Lord Pent? They are not the ones who believe they've the right to decide whether humanity should live on or not.

MpQ4Khs.pngBut they've helped Bern in their quest for madness. I would've expected it from a swine like Roartz, but... I'd hoped the king would've refused. But he didn't, because he hadn't moved on from the moment his son died.

MpQ4Khs.pngThink about it. One person's death can cause an entire country to follow a madman in a quest to destroy everything. I'll admit, I am disappointed.

5pOyHm8.pngLord Pent...

MpQ4Khs.pngMy apologies. I shouldn't be boring you with a sad old man's ramblings.

5pOyHm8.pngDon't worry about it. At a time like this, it does me good to talk to someone, and Wrys's death... affected Ruben even more deeply than me.

MpQ4Khs.pngHe's barely left his tent at camp since it happened...

5pOyHm8.pngYes... he attempts to look strong when he's outside, but... he also tries not to be outside too much.

MpQ4Khs.png...I'm so sorry.

5pOyHm8.pngDon't be. Compared to your loss... ours is nothing.

MpQ4Khs.pngThere is no such thing as a minor loss when it comes to death.

5pOyHm8.png...

i3Vk4zH.png

Very well, we're back here. At least I still had this savestate to fall back on. That's great, isn't it? That's something to be happy about!

WELL, NO! IT ISN'T! NO ROOM FOR HAPPINESS IN THIS CESSPOOL OF A TOWER!

HC3ahQI.png

NICE. WHY DID I DO THIS? WHO CARES!

BGMTKHD.pngK2Pqqnq.png5MWIDW4.png

Oh, I think I know why I made Hugh attack! It's because IT TOOK ME A MOMENT TO ADAPT TO THE FACT THAT WINDY COULD ATTACK AGAIN, MAKING THINGS x10 MORE TEDIOUS!

Vmfq1BF.png

CASE IN POINT! EVEN MORE RULES BROKEN. I'M TAKING NO RESPONSABILITY FOR ALL THIS RULEBREAKING. YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE BEYOND SERENES USING WONKY WORDING TO DESCRIBE THE ARBITRARY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROUTE SLPIT, THE FUCKING MATH DOES NOT ADD UP!

Zbo0ZAx.png

REWIND!

auOUBiC.pngfEgDsMD.png

YOU KNOW WHAT? THERE'S NO WAY WORDS CAN DESCRIBE WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH! IT MUST BE SHOWN... LIKE THIS!

9vUU6Re.mp4

I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IT'S GOING TO WORK, NEVER UPLOADED A VIDEO TO IMGUR BEFORE, SO HERE'S THE NORMAL LINK, JUST IN CASE: https://imgur.com/9vUU6Re

WATCH MY DESPAIR! SEE THAT!? WELL, IMAGINE THAT FOR AN HOUR STRAIGHT! THAT'S CHAPTER 16x IN A NUTSHEL!

You may be thinking, "but Ruben, you could've saved time by disabling the animations!"

And I say, ABOUT FUCKIN' TIME TO TELL ME! THAT'S A VERY USEFUL THING TO SAY, NOW THAT IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED AND I DIDN'T REMEMBER TO DISABLE THE ANIMATIONS!

p6H2p3C.pngomLYSST.pngvNRYYlX.png

This time, Tate turned out quite amazingly, with great strength. Do I feel bad for cheating?

WELL, WHAT DO YOU THINK? YOU'VE BEEN READING THE UPDATE, HAVEN'T YOU?! I FEEL NO NEED TO SAY THE SAME THING TWICE!

ZmUo4DZ.png

And now, it's time to give Dougy back his lance... and begin the next part of Windham's onslaught: 9vUU6Re.mp4

yt23MaA.pngkMoFMmS.png6ZJaeXL.png

What a fucking horrible level! Now that Dougy's gotten a shitty level up, it's time to go to Ilia, isn't it, game?

YQwLQDS.pngivjBwzx.png

It has to be, I mean, it's the perfect time to do it, Dougy having gotten a bad level up, and all.

8lOtOZi.png

THIS... THIS... I... RRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHFWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

pfMsNYU.png

ONE MORE! 1 + 28 = 29 LEVELS FOR ILIA, 5 + 21 = 26 LEVELS FOR SACAE. WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG?

vQyLKZT.pngnNdJY9t.png

Oh, that's just the cherry on top of the shit pie... DOUGY LEAVES HIS SAFE HAVEN FOR FIVE MINUTES TO GET THE BOSS KILL, AND OF COURSE, HE AND DOROTHY INMEDIATELY GET HIT BY THE ARROWS. WHO'S EVEN MANNING THAT?! EVERYONE'S DEAD!

ncg8Aom.pngyuAfVyI.png

I'm SO tired of you and your stupid laughter, Windham!

MGcnXA0.png

Nice! What an amazing level up! He got speed, more defense, resistance... what a great time to take a stroll to SACAE!! EVERYONE, GIVE A WARM WELCOME TO THE BISHOP'S T--

kb6y2dt.png

ILIA, AT LAST! IT'S A MIRACLEEEEEEEEE!

tAddDtW.png

Now, on a more serious note... can somebody tell me what I was doing wrong? Because, unless I'm dumb and didn't take something into account, the math simply didn't add up! I'm at a loss as to why the game has put up so much resistance before allowing me to go to Ilia. If anyone's got any theories, feel free to share them, because I've got nothing.

And now, let's leave this behind and pretend this chapter was the smoothest sailing of the LP, shall we?

wTykcrz.pngwWlYaZQ.pngBmwV9jj.png6cmWijY.png

Three hurrahs for Saint Elimine, for being the reason this lovable construction consisting of yellow concrete was concocted!

M7dEuf7.png79XLDs2.pngZyvvyqm.pngEQ61XsP.png

You know, I'm wondering how this would've played out if Dougy died. Obviously, if Dougy dies, he can't negotiate.

Would Roy walk all the way to Lycia again to talk to his favourite generic?

NKheGmZ.png

Well, then, it's time to return to the castle.

ikiccLF.png

JGsHxrI.pngpHpnKp4.png

Kmhj6sY.png

Up8zMRM.png1wYYwNE.png

jg0HcTe.pngTQWvn8w.png

vsLPPAI.png

Pphkfwo.png

D0IPLg2.png

ngrEw1r.pngyHTnpHN.png

HnOVy2v.png

q742Hyi.pngxNuTM9f.pngWbHEE5y.png

lZhFMxX.pngSkwp4gC.pngSSan5zE.png

59ZQbGr.pngowfCwmK.pngSwU0FAc.pngcvjWEd7.png

U9Nau4p.png86D4t00.png

9ygQvoB.png3EGyWP3.png

1tpVeS8.png

n3cveyP.png

JVy1umO.png

ZieaNXo.pngzLoOecr.png

tdU4nE7.pngZmxj9iz.png

A5SPeLe.png

f9fStes.pngnzCjXld.png

Z21HFfn.png

dSjJaNz.pngV7aXjyp.pnguKpYyTb.pngpho1l8L.png

Uu8gE93.png

lCkiiMP.png

BgxIrtG.png

1pi9inM.png

Odq8FhQ.png

hyjQuhh.png

dFiTePT.png2t7VOjx.pnghHpK1D4.png

9xTAyjH.png

lePRvKM.png

8cq7zVB.pngt1JyFdg.png

G3SrahZ.png

j3yAzi4.pngOYpJsep.png09KX4dc.pngyKESIxg.png

5kSG1xj.pngVQlW345.png

nlBYRY3.png

e71wGJ4.pngQpYOY3p.pngLdUivxl.png

g2jPYhh.png

WO77sGZ.png

9FvAAf5.png

NDtwQzO.png5RZyFPI.png

5llWXl4.png

EneajLH.png

KpjiqFG.pngnN2n9yX.pngcwg78xZ.png

OukI2Hd.pngybPMNmI.png

1WEgrkp.png

qrYxzKU.png

v8CzA6K.pngCNc7kO7.png

cmmpaBx.pngHuff... huff... S-Sid! Lord Pent! There you are... I've been looking... all over for you!

5pOyHm8.pngLance? What's happened?

MpQ4Khs.pngYou look so flustered... have you ran all the way here? Sit down...

cmmpaBx.pngT-the sorcerer... he...

5pOyHm8.pngNo... don't tell me he has attacked again!

MpQ4Khs.png...

cmmpaBx.pngHe has... but...

5pOyHm8.pngWhere is he?! I'll kill him!

cmmpaBx.pngHe's been captured.

5pOyHm8.pngWhat?!

cmmpaBx.pngI don't know all the details, but... apparently, Lady Margaret defeated him somehow.

MpQ4Khs.png...well done, Margaret.

5pOyHm8.pngLord Pent?

MpQ4Khs.pngNever mind that. I'll explain on the way. Now, I must tell Louise the good news!

5pOyHm8.pngI'll find Ruben!

cmmpaBx.pngVery well. I'll wait for you here and we'll all go to the castle. Lord Roy, Sir Marcus and the Etrurian Generals are already there. I believe Lord Roy wished to speak to Princess Guinivere...

2Ll8cuX.png

Ah, we're back to the Castle of the Many Columns! Jeez, they've even got a second floor full of columns as well!

EKGsykG.pngTz8wIud.pnguEJHo0o.png

Kudos to you, Guinivere. You're not dumb.

awYdqYh.pnguzOyExC.pngil4RjU4.png

Uhhh, a gift! Let's hope it doesn't permanently sit in Roy's inventory, effectively reducing his maximum inventory space to 4, while doing absolutely nothing that couldn't have been arranged just as easily without taking an inventory slot, like turning the Lord into a glorified Thief.

But that would be stupid, would it not? They wouldn't do that. Heheh... cough Marth cough.

be6DjrK.png8Hi3iC0.png

Speaking of, it's the FE. I think you know what happens next...

be6DjrK.png8Hi3iC0.png

zAQjflp.pngBh1bN82.png

zAQjflp.pngBh1bN82.png

zAQjflp.pngBh1bN82.png

zAQjflp.pngBh1bN82.png

iPjQaft.pngflrSbQF.png

iPjQaft.pngflrSbQF.png

iPjQaft.pngflrSbQF.png

iPjQaft.pngflrSbQF.png

iPjQaft.pngflrSbQF.png

All right, that's about enough.

No, I refuse to acknowledge the fact that this joke got old around the second time I used it.

MIzsKRy.pngVEyaunx.pngzrUzwZa.pngQ2urvMq.png

It also has Hartmut's brain inside it. For whatever reason.

CpZc6yZ.png3JejTE1.png

Nice, you have this weapon that is oh so powerful, and in order to save people from its awesome power, you seal it away in Bern, hiding the key to accessing it in Bern. Amazing. Genial. It's a wonder that the first thing Zephiel did when he started to harbor genocidal thoughts was not to go overthere and grab the Binding Blade.

Then again, the manga. Akimbo Legendary Swords. Hoo, boy. I wish that was a thing in the game. It would've been interesting to fight Zephiel like that.

MageveZ.png

Oh, come on, this time you didn't even add a question mark in front of the words you repeated!

Po89WPe.pngNAdv6ip.pngRzoJpop.png

Sensible, Guinivere. You're intelligent, I like you.

HAOcHl2.png

Are you kidding me? Again, the game is desperately trying to hype up the damned dragons! No! Stop it! Murdock would wipe the floor with four dragons at once any day. No more, though, because unlike Murdock, the dragons can't attack at range. What a joke.

tzyXbTH.pngsHnk1pV.png8VX099u.pngekv2wQb.png

Ah, yes, you'll be so hated for saving everyone from the certain death that would've befallen them had Zephiel won.

v77VzOu.pngKFXkvER.pngqqfUvpU.pngBrxCrGO.png

Harm civilians? Why would we do that? Living civilians = goodies. Goodies = happiness. Am I doing it right, Adam Smith?

pDgorAV.png

The Aureola is ours! I'll show it off next chapter.

J4VDKWd.png

I still can't believe that we're going to Ilia. I just... when I was screenshooting this scene, I shit you not, I was dreading that I'd come to this screen and the Bishop's Teachings would be here to greet me. A foolish fear, of course, but after what happened, understandable.

Now, for those of you who are curious... here's how long it took me to finally convince the game to accept my request to retake Ilia, in turns.

t7vNyQa.png

Yep. Almost 200 turns. Not even when building supports, man.

I need to lie down. Keep in mind that dragons are the greatest threat in the Bernian army, that Roy is a smug asshole, and most importantly, that the math does not add up. Please be well, everyone.

nZno2ye.png

h5gBmlJ.pngv61VOet.png

zLDUdcB.png

QVOem1b.png

JpG2aaK.png

epbKLR0.pngqHMULNx.png

PNxvUA3.png9CZwaoR.png

lKphi36.pngxlB1uL3.png

sFtmuT7.png

Q3zAzCq.png

A38RjsE.png

LqnrvT6.pngQR510z7.png6DI1u0k.png

p686fjV.png

BZUc2qA.png7KPtMzf.png

RQbMdcc.png

1Mig8mQ.png3WW7eX4.png

OdwfWC0.png

To be continued.

Death count: Bors
                        Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

*Discharged

*Retreated after being wounded

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 5

Dishonorable reset count (other reasons): 2

Merlinus death count: 8

So, uh... sorry for the doublepost. As I lay down in my bed, trying to fall asleep, I came to a realisation regarding the update. 

Spoiler

Tate starts at level 8, which explains the necessity to get the Ilian duo 3 levels worth of EXP over the Sacaeans.

My apologies for all the foul words I flung around because I forgot about this one detail. Have a good night.

Urgh.

I should be mad.

Because nothing about how he's designed suggests otherwise.

Also you're spelling it wrong.

Why use Sin when I have his sister?

That Aid though.

A56GKoH.png

Not bad, not bad at all. I like it. You had a good idea there, Dainy.

Well, they say smoking kills, but I didn't realise that killing could smoke.

Actually, if I recall correctly, it's even dumber than that: Delphin finds the shrine's basement, and then Zeiss/Minerva pop out of nowhere to talk about it because they're from Bern. If either of them is dead, Delphin doesn't find the shrine's basement. Amazing.

Spectacular BB, just amazing work that makes complete sense.

Well, no, but I went to a rock concert this saturday. It was cool, but I was with my almost as anti-social friend, so we didn't waste any time drinking alcohol or being with people. But enough about me.

I spent most of that Saturday hanging about with a bunch of people.

Back on topic....

QmPNGxN.png

Oh. The longbow was too weak to kill her.

...how positively anticlimatic.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!

3x my hole.

dAA54E7.png

Yes! Yes! Speed! And strength, which is always good. Speed! He got speed!

That.... I call bullshit.

Him getting speed is as paradoxical as Arthur being good in Fates.

FIN0ssu.png

Not bad, not bad at all. I really like that defense. It's uncharacteristically high for a Falcoknight.

See, that's why I like Tate.

C5oUdnF.png

Sue... oh my God, those gains are horrible. This is FE6, girlie, what sort of gain is 1 speed? Hugh got only 1 speed, sure, but he also got +4 magic. What did you get? +4 res? Whoppity-fucking-doo, now you've the same rest as Dougy.

You're in BB Sue, what are you doing?

zvR9D5T.pngyKaTJRq.pngGaGHzVm.png3QOhO5L.png

Delphin and Merlinus, like you have this whole war. Marcus isn't an advisor, he's a fighter. And a damn good one at that.

Well, considering their advice, I'd recommend Marcus.

Even if he's senile.

EjKo4Ik.pngattwNTa.png

Speed again! If we got the Ocean's Parting now, it'd be swell.

Well now, that's another lie.

5pOyHm8.pngI was his enemy. He was on the run. If I had any reason to remain loyal, I could've easily raised my lance and killed him and his friend after he saved me, and he knew it.

It's a bit despondent, but it's not the sounds of someone snapping.

5pOyHm8.pngDon't be. Compared to your loss... ours is nothing.

MpQ4Khs.pngThere is no such thing as a minor loss when it comes to death.

You know what? Pent could have had that conversation at any point imo.

BGMTKHD.pngK2Pqqnq.png5MWIDW4.png

Oh, I think I know why I made Hugh attack! It's because IT TOOK ME A MOMENT TO ADAPT TO THE FACT THAT WINDY COULD ATTACK AGAIN, MAKING THINGS x10 MORE TEDIOUS!

Well that sounds maddening.

And I say, ABOUT FUCKIN' TIME TO TELL ME! THAT'S A VERY USEFUL THING TO SAY, NOW THAT IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED AND I DIDN'T REMEMBER TO DISABLE THE ANIMATIONS!

Good thing I usually wouldn't think of saying that.

kb6y2dt.png

Hallelujah would have been cliche.

tAddDtW.png

Now, on a more serious note... can somebody tell me what I was doing wrong? Because, unless I'm dumb and didn't take something into account, the math simply didn't add up! I'm at a loss as to why the game has put up so much resistance before allowing me to go to Ilia. If anyone's got any theories, feel free to share them, because I've got nothing.

And now, let's leave this behind and pretend this chapter was the smoothest sailing of the LP, shall we?

So remember how it's total experience? It's total experience gained from their base level.

You levelled up the level 1 Sacaean and the level 8 Ilian, you have to keep that in mind. It's partly why I was so insistent on dropping Sue. I should have been clearer.

Of course you figure it out while I write the reply.

jg0HcTe.pngTQWvn8w.png

Why would you want his head?

You're disgusting Humphrey.

Odq8FhQ.png

hyjQuhh.png

He activated Vantage.

GET WRECKED HUMPHREY

Does she have a Valentian Brave Sword? That's the only one that fits, and we know Archanea exists in this universe.

e71wGJ4.pngQpYOY3p.pngLdUivxl.png

Well, they were around the corner.

How did Humphrey assume they- oh right, gullible.

v8CzA6K.pngCNc7kO7.png

Just tell them, it'd be a nice surprise.

MpQ4Khs.pngNever mind that. I'll explain on the way. Now, I must tell Louise the good news!

To get her ready for execution?

Might as well go with a firing squad for him.

MIzsKRy.pngVEyaunx.pngzrUzwZa.pngQ2urvMq.png

No, it has his memories.

The minds faded after BS, clearly. (And yes, read that with a bit of sarcasm, even I think that was a bit odd)

tzyXbTH.pngsHnk1pV.png8VX099u.pngekv2wQb.png

Ah, yes, you'll be so hated for saving everyone from the certain death that would've befallen them had Zephiel won.

But Zephiel was making Bern great again!

PNxvUA3.png9CZwaoR.png

What an odd choice-

Oh Pent, you had the money for a White Gem, you should have splashed out.

OdwfWC0.png

Well, that's a bad ending right there.

And so Lycia and Etruria go one way. Which one first though?

Edited by Dayni

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

5pOyHm8.pngI will wear this broken armor until the end of this war, because this... is what Bern has done to me. These scars are what my loyalty to Bern cost me. Loyalty to a nation... is meaningless. One's nation won't save you from the brink of death. Good people will. And people aren't good or bad based on their place of birth.

real talk, this is a good line. as someone who obviously hasn't been led on a genocidal warpath by a tyrant, I agree with a lot of what Sid's saying here; even within the realm of Fire Emblem, prioritizing loyalty to a country over friendship/love leads to a hell of a lot of heartbreak. and, it might not be quite the same thing, but in real life too, I'm American and there are a lot of horrible things many Americans will justify in the name of patriotism or somesuch

Odq8FhQ.png

hyjQuhh.png

9xTAyjH.png

ah man, Humphrey got destroyed

the dastard's had it coming for him for a while, to be fair

(incidentally, I like Margaret's battle palette here. is the sprite based off of the Eirika lord?)

aaand that isn't good

gonna blame Margaret for not stabbing him enough, and also telling him what the gem does, though to be fair he wouldn't be able to do anything with that knowledge if he didn't have assistance, and said assistance isn't something Margaret could have known about. still could've stabbed him a bit more though

(probably worth noting that before this scene I assumed that Humphrey was the demon possessing Lugh, for some reason. now I know that the demon is someone/something else entirely... and even more powerful, if the gem not working is proof enough. jeez, wasn't Humphrey strong enough already?)

...ergh... wait, hold on, hold on. Maybe she just needs to get a level up. According to Serenes, what counts is the "total gained EXP", and Serenes is a very reliable source of information. Besides, if I recall correctly, I did get Sue's brother a little bit of experience in his initial chapter. There's no reason to panic.

also just editing this in to say I really admire how dedicated you are to the joke of calling Shin "Sue's brother"

(not sure why the quote here is double-stacked, I probably messed up when quoting it)

Edited by LucidResolve

I'm glad that you were finally able to get both routes! I do, however, have a question.

All your chapters are written in the present tense. My question is: do you write (or at least, write down some thoughts) as you play so as to most accurately depict your thoughts, or do you write afterward, replicating those thoughts you had while playing?

Sorry for not replying lately. I made an apology meme.

ApologyMeme.png.026cd35be9c41348366850202951b64b.png

It's a very late apology meme, but isn't it the intention that counts?

On 1/4/2018 at 7:20 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

XbHNuAn.png

For it has now turned into a unicorn!

It still has wings, so it's still technically a peg. Maybe all the promotion does is strap an ice cream cone to its head.

YjTMhuL.png3aOpkqJ.png

Fuck. Now she has to use a javelin that weighs her down so much, she fell off the screen!

What you get for fighting on tiny floating platforms.

EjKo4Ik.png

Oh, not again.

Can't you stop messing up the timespace fabric for a damn minute?

kb6y2dt.png

I sense a great disturbance in the puns.

I've had that exact line saved for this exact moment, ever since the LP started.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Batman movie to rewatch.

8cq7zVB.pngt1JyFdg.png

Is it just me, or did the writing suddenly jump up in quality from the last time I was here?

2Ll8cuX.png

And now we're back to the usual. Joy for our Boy, who is Roy.

And his wife and child, according to the collection of art and text InSists intsys holds some relation to this story.

On 1/4/2018 at 8:27 PM, Dayni said:

This is why I hate April fools.

HD1ZcQG.png

k8GEU02.png

iEurg1z.png

mlTNOK7.pngHpvduwS.pngadWZyqQ.pngOh0N66H.png

xj5DQQj.png3Hfoiwl.pngmwcUwmL.png

EJWDKuY.png

fuXhG1B.pngE2LSXBN.png

10VK1Np.png

xsmqU2o.png

VQjn9gi.png

MTdUX1C.png1qtbfA3.png

Ht9J2Fc.png

jSb1GJc.pngaazJejI.png

Fh6iZLG.pngmQ2qqgn.png

c0cVCDu.pngKtpzeYW.png

0We3N0n.pngswzDhFP.png

EmxFWDF.png

idjWj95.png

Yekk63m.pngejnsjJu.png

iKyZ3QX.png

A2Lt7sD.png

GmsSfjD.pngHn4OtqR.png

sIQtsjL.pngF2gck1u.png

jUZCaJi.pngn3pQTsN.pngqeVr49q.png

7mkqlXA.png

XgniI0m.png

Ghu5SQb.png

lfQSbkP.png

336Wk3R.png

nZI8JM2.png

kNx5U2G.png

KovmNtG.pngjbeY18J.png

i3clCrM.png

lBNrMd8.png

yVvErHh.pngjxaO6xs.pngAYTzQtz.png

TP5JvFj.png

8PXBvlG.png

u4GTMqq.pngw5PU081.png9SF8paE.pngh6cJSa6.png

tkVEU2r.pngDODApDB.png

ws4UnQx.png

Im8Xdi9.pngTuvFjFf.png

EP18rMe.png

s51wyWA.png

Part 33 - A heartwarming reunion.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:27 AM, Dayni said:

I should be mad.

You should be, indeed.

Because nothing about how he's designed suggests otherwise.

Also you're spelling it wrong.

Fsss... why, you...

That Aid though.

But his sister... uhh... she's...

...ergh...

...I can't think of anything.

Well, they say smoking kills, but I didn't realise that killing could smoke.

Why do you think the reaper's usually depicted as a skeleton under a bunch of tattered robes? Those aren't robes, they're its skin. That's what smoking does to you.

Spectacular BB, just amazing work that makes complete sense.

Honestly, though, Minerva and Zeiss shouldn't be required to go to chapter 21x.

I spent most of that Saturday hanging about with a bunch of people.

Back on topic....

Nice, being a social being is always good.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!

3x my hole.

That's what happens when Peggie Knights actually get defense sometimes.

That.... I call bullshit.

Him getting speed is as paradoxical as Arthur being good in Fates.

His speed growth is 30%. Heck, it's just as high as his chance of getting defense, strength and skill!

As a side note, based on this comment, I think I'd better get Fates so I can use Arthur.

See, that's why I like Tate.

My thoughts exactly.

You're in BB Sue, what are you doing?

She strives to become this LP's version of last LP's Castor. And she's doing it well.

Well, considering their advice, I'd recommend Marcus.

Even if he's senile.

That much is right.

Well now, that's another lie.

Rather predictably, this is you right now.

It's a bit despondent, but it's not the sounds of someone snapping.

Hey, Sid isn't going insane just yet.

You know what? Pent could have had that conversation at any point imo.

I don't understand this one, sorry.

Well that sounds maddening.

It was.

Good thing I usually wouldn't think of saying that.

Yes, let's all rejoice for that.

Hallelujah would have been cliche.

Ah, yeah, it had been too long since the last reference to Frollo's Movie.

So remember how it's total experience? It's total experience gained from their base level.

You levelled up the level 1 Sacaean and the level 8 Ilian, you have to keep that in mind. It's partly why I was so insistent on dropping Sue. I should have been clearer.

You definitely should've.

Of course you figure it out while I write the reply.

Yeah, I'm a really slow thinker, but you're an even slower writer.

...somehow, I don't feel very victorious.

Why would you want his head?

You're disgusting Humphrey.

At this point, that's obvious.

He activated Vantage.

He?

*Quickly googles "fire emblem vantage" to find out what that does*

Pretty sure you mean she. For shame, Dainy, Margaret isn't a trap!

GET WRECKED HUMPHREY

Does she have a Valentian Brave Sword? That's the only one that fits, and we know Archanea exists in this universe.

Not really, it's just a scripted battle, so she just striked him once for plot purposes. Hers is just a run-of-the-mill brave sword. Remember how it's unobtainable for whatever reason in this game? Well, I gave it to the NPC. That's the explanation.

Well, they were around the corner.

How did Humphrey assume they- oh right, gullible.

Yeah, he's a dumb powerhouse.

Just tell them, it'd be a nice surprise.

Hey, surprise is a dish best served cold... wait, that's not right...

To get her ready for execution?

Might as well go with a firing squad for him.

No, he's more useful alive right now and I need an excuse to keep him alive for now.

No, it has his memories.

The minds faded after BS, clearly. (And yes, read that with a bit of sarcasm, even I think that was a bit odd)

Frankly, I'm not much of a fan of these "weapons have their owner's minds in 'em" shenanigans. I like it better when legendary weapons are just that, weapons.

But Zephiel was making Bern great again!

He was going to build a wall, and--

Nope, I don't want this thread to go there.

What an odd choice-

Oh Pent, you had the money for a White Gem, you should have splashed out.

Well, that's a bad ending right there.

Perhaps...

And so Lycia and Etruria go one way. Which one first though?

Ilia.

On 2/4/2018 at 6:05 AM, DestructionDragon360 said:

I hope Illia is the canon route-to-be. Just to make all that suffering worth it.

It might be, if only for those 7 Tate levels and that absolutely amazing Dougy level. It depends on how the team looks by the end of the route.

On 2/4/2018 at 8:29 AM, LucidResolve said:

real talk, this is a good line. as someone who obviously hasn't been led on a genocidal warpath by a tyrant, I agree with a lot of what Sid's saying here; even within the realm of Fire Emblem, prioritizing loyalty to a country over friendship/love leads to a hell of a lot of heartbreak. and, it might not be quite the same thing, but in real life too, I'm American and there are a lot of horrible things many Americans will justify in the name of patriotism or somesuch

Thank you for the compliment. You know, at times I worry that I may be taking this stupid self-insert side-story too seriously (I mean, drama scenes?), but eh, I'm having a lot of fun doing it, so it's going to stay.

ah man, Humphrey got destroyed

the dastard's had it coming for him for a while, to be fair

Indeed.

(incidentally, I like Margaret's battle palette here. is the sprite based off of the Eirika lord?)

Yeah, I just changed the colours, erased the cape and gave her some pants.

aaand that isn't good

gonna blame Margaret for not stabbing him enough, and also telling him what the gem does, though to be fair he wouldn't be able to do anything with that knowledge if he didn't have assistance, and said assistance isn't something Margaret could have known about.

Remember, Margaret had never seen Lugh and she hadn't had the time to talk to anyone who knew about him.

still could've stabbed him a bit more though

Eh, perhaps that would've been for the best.

(probably worth noting that before this scene I assumed that Humphrey was the demon possessing Lugh, for some reason. now I know that the demon is someone/something else entirely... and even more powerful, if the gem not working is proof enough. jeez, wasn't Humphrey strong enough already?)

Only time will tell!

also just editing this in to say I really admire how dedicated you are to the joke of calling Shin "Sue's brother"

You marvel at my dedication to this joke, yet don't even mention the fact that, to this day, I've yet to call Minerva by her actual name once?

On 2/4/2018 at 10:41 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

I'm glad that you were finally able to get both routes!

Yey, suffering though Sacae! I'm so happy!

I do, however, have a question.

All your chapters are written in the present tense. My question is: do you write (or at least, write down some thoughts) as you play so as to most accurately depict your thoughts, or do you write afterward, replicating those thoughts you had while playing?

I rarely do anything other than playing, otherwise it'd take me ages to finish a chapter. Notice how sometimes, I say stuff like "back when this actually happened..." or "when I was playing this, I..."?

I usually just improvise my commentary on the go. It's worked thus far!

On 4/4/2018 at 4:13 AM, Franp3 said:

Oh hey, you're back. Just about too late, I would've loved to see your reaction to Wrys's death.

Sorry for not replying lately. I made an apology meme.

ApologyMeme.png.026cd35be9c41348366850202951b64b.png

Pfhahah... okay, you're forgiven.

It's a very late apology meme, but isn't it the intention that counts?

It's okay. You may not've been replying, but don't think I didn't notice the fact that you were still lurking. I'm too smart for that.

It still has wings, so it's still technically a peg. Maybe all the promotion does is strap an ice cream cone to its head.

That's... that's amazing, honestly. LP canon, everyone.

What you get for fighting on tiny floating platforms.

Ah, meta jokes.

Oh, not again.

Can't you stop messing up the timespace fabric for a damn minute?

That wasn't even messing up the timespace fabric, that was just me having fun with the guy's face since I had to kill him ten times!

I sense a great disturbance in the puns.

I've had that exact line saved for this exact moment, ever since the LP started.

Nice. And here I am, not getting the joke. Impressive.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Batman movie to rewatch.

Go, but don't forget to reply to the thread, you... antediluvian bulldozer!

Is it just me, or did the writing suddenly jump up in quality from the last time I was here?

Yeah, you missed Wrys dying. That was some good fuckin' writing.

In all seriousness, thanks for the kind words.

And now we're back to the usual. Joy for our Boy, who is Roy.

Hey, it wouldn't be FE6 without Roy talking.

And his wife and child, according to the collection of art and text InSists intsys holds some relation to this story.

I'm not even going to bother with the response itself, what the hell is that?!

InSists intsys

You got it backwards, you fool!

This is why I hate April fools.

Now for real, if you don't mind, please tell me this: were you just silently reading the LP all this time? 'Cause this, to me, sounds like "I was there when Wrys died and this made me really angry", but you'd already vanished when Wrys died!

Spoiler

RcGoLhj.pngVrT749o.png

What were these "other Etrurian forces" doing while Cecilia was getting shredded by Zephiel?

NzJvSP2.png

Why did you feel the need to specify that these two were driven out? You already said the revolutionaries were forced out!

I know, I know, I'm nitpicking. Let's just move on...

5Hs0k5Z.png9KLaC36.pngk9g0PhV.png4Bo4nbj.png

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times by now, but what happens in times of peace? Does everyone just starve to death?

Rf2f9Db.pngp5au9FR.png

Stuck-up, proud assholes just had to claim all the credit, did they? Why not the Lycian-Etrurian Alliance? I know it's an awkward name to say, but at least it acknowledges Roy did something.

29dPs4o.png2bvllgB.png

And just conveniently forget that Sacae exists and is under Bern's control still. But don't worry, I've got this one covered. More on that later.

RAHPWBg.pngoiS9H5E.pngvLZW5dx.png

Really, game? What's this, the third time you've told me that? Are you really going to force us to start a "The Church Supports Roy" counter?

ShISZZx.pngAsuuNxE.png

Ah, there he is. He Who Roasted Narcian.

HKWElJG.png

Skilled... but also weighed down by their weaponery.

GLf8lRd.png

This chapter... suffice to say, I'm going to try to get it done in one update. The combat just isn't interesting enough to go for two updates.

8alYHmG.png

We've important(?) things to do before we go. First, take a look at the Aureola, which is just spanish for "halo". These guys really like the Spanish language, don't they?

Or, well, I guess Italian, too.

innNzNC.pngOlb0XUA.png

Statboosters. Dougy will be getting the boots so that he can walk the distance even more efficiently (is that still a meme? Was it ever a meme? I never really got the joke...) while Marcus gets a talisman to improve his good resistance into great resistance.

7VArG6d.pngMhaG0fn.pngTgqLJ9R.pngfrtU3jM.pngZpybIeT.png50d3hCM.pngEYaoxOl.pngnWNhYZu.png

I'll hoard the speedwings and the body ring for now. I've a little idea for them that I'm sure will pay off in the end.

tJH4s8f.png

Here's the team. With any luck, we'll be able to go for more than 2 chapters without losing 1-2 frontliners, and I'll be able to finally call something "the usual team".

IrNb79Z.png

Just reading the name makes me want to take a nap... yawn... in fact, I think I will. Be back later.

Qnb2IuC.pngGeneral Cecilia, reporting in!

2KXjEwj.pngWell? Did you have any more luck than we did?

Qnb2IuC.pngI'm sorry, General. He continues to refuse to say anything that could be of use to us.

2KXjEwj.pngHmm... well, then. Where is he right now?

Qnb2IuC.pngWe left him at the castle. General Perceval has stayed there to assist the king, ensure the prisoner doesn't escape, and continue the interrogations. He'll send word if he finds anything out.

2KXjEwj.pngVery well. What will you do, Margaret?

VAv9Nvh.pngI'll go with you, of course! I am your loyal adjuntant, General Cecilia!

2KXjEwj.pngThank you, Margaret. I'm glad I can count on you.

VAv9Nvh.pngAlways, my General! My honour depends on it!

(Yes, I did just write Perceval out of the story. Problem? I'm never going to use him anyways)

y5IH9FK.png09156U8.png

Okay, I'm back, let's continue. Hey, a happy conversation, for once!

YudTYsN.pngmH4pcPO.png6c74ELr.png

Hahahah... even after his demise, Murdock still feels the need to ice-burn Narcian.

UT9ER47.png

Ack! Is it just me, or did he grow even uglier? Uuuurrrgh!

gxsXdHp.png

As in, right here.

ylsgNEl.png

As in, you'll be this story arc's final boss.

A70BFN2.pngcYEnS4K.png

Yeah, here! You stand inside Castle Remi as you speak!

ARAytXK.png

Oh, wow, he figured it out. Kudos to you, Arcardo: you will die, but at least you saw it coming.

PAccie4.pngfVNSzhd.png9QOokZO.png

I like how Murdock doesn't give a flying fuck about the fact that Arcardo is obviously ill-suited to defend this position that gives Bern "an invaluable strategic advantage against Etruria". He just sends him in to die, and if Remi falls as well, that's all too bad.

Ebjm9bH.pngJVOVOYZ.png

It also means that, since you've been sent to what's more or less the capital of Ilia, there's zero chance of us not going after your sorry ass.

Murdock just placed a huge "KILL ME" neon sign on top of Roartz, and he didn't even notice or complain like Arcardo. Who the heck made this dense, greedy, evil, ugly imbecile into the High Chancellor of Etruria? At least Arcardo is only those things to a very slightly lesser extent!

5ssAMFk.pnghWIvrxs.png

Emphasis on "veeeeeeeeeeeeery slightly".

gvgdMbh.png6E8ezPh.png

Hwahahah... put on your seatbelts, everyone, for this is going to be a bumpy ride. For Roartz and Arcardo, at least! Murdock has decided to unleash the Roastbomb once again!

njbfs9d.png

CUcAnQQ.pngSxPPhR4.png

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof!

OnpkoTn.png

Give credit where credit is due, I found that amazing Murdock here. Check it out!

Mwa761b.png

I don't think they can do much more than excuse you, after that.

G0bpLrD.png

Hahah... Arcardo, at least, won't have to live this down. Roartz, though... the guy has 4 chapters to let it sink in.

zCfhTrw.pngYvwI5ac.png

Roartz leaves (weeping, no doubt) though the eastern edge of the map. Murdock and Gale have words to exchange before they do the same.

8nTgeiu.pngehpwPXI.pngdWUu4lT.pngYRZhQvh.png

If you thought I was making things up when I said he's leaving them to die... yeah. Murdock's awesome.

jCgyjBc.png5Y2dwSR.pngoXxheOr.pngYLitrj3.png

Bah, it was all Lot's doing.

yIyYXfM.png

Look, a mid-talk shot! It's crap.

qsKUM6u.png

You most likely won't, considering how you could shatter him into a million pieces with one tap on the shoulder.

qrnNoC9.png

And they're off. Next time we see them, it won't be pretty.

5O34mm3.png

Look, it's Yodel!

BQ1K8Mw.pngb2rO41b.png

Well, I mean... the church started assisting us two chapters ago, but yeah, let's go with that.

kXoYEqu.pngTJzalQu.pngeqdhBqh.pngL95siKo.png

Okay, so that was our daily dose of repeating conversations we've already had, can we move on to the new stuff now?

eKraro5.pngJsd1VIo.pngUyN2eaP.pngkih4jPn.png

Jeez, Roy, don't be so harsh. Let the guy finish before you refuse him.

mfCGggX.pngk7N4rGv.png

Ah, okay, you just read his mind. Yep. Totally normal.

...wat

YLGhR5x.png2rR49yT.png1kuZpbV.png

Yes, Roy, a sandbar. I know you've never been to the sea before, but "sandbar" isn't a very hard concept to grasp.

pXsgB7i.pngmBlJwSR.pngZ06YX19.png

No, trust me, this chapter is easy enough as is, there's no need to make it even easier, Yodel. But thanks for the tip.

Ocvwhlk.pngQHU01zf.png

That much is true. In this chapter, rushing forward is painfully unnecessary: there's, quite literally, no reason to hurry, unless you're not trying to speedrun though the game.

G475JyI.pngSEmgZ7M.pnguwpaaxT.pngilNmDxe.png

And he's off. Anybody else feeling like buttin' in?

DDaEYtK.png

vb4L0bS.png

K48Pyol.pngN9n2k1W.png

SxAziZP.pngnUbkQot.png

YVxsjlt.png

1MyFw5h.pngW5C0YyY.png

HZm5NgH.pngARH4yPP.png

53MdDSc.pngOXj0vpc.png

cZ8WORI.png

M3Z8rzM.pngJUUxamS.png

LU74eJ1.png

YtpRBs9.png

Before we continue, let's stop for a moment to explain how I'm going to handle the plot, because pulling the time travel card again would be boring.

Basically, Matthis will be the one to take care of Sacae, so I'll be rewriting the parts with Roy. The good news is, much of Roy's dialogue (heck, could be all of it for all I remember) is shared between Ilia and Sacae, so we won't be missing much. The villains, aside from Arcardo and Roartz (the observant reader can probably guess how I'm going to handle Roartz being in two places at once), will stay the same for showcasing purposes.

The bad news is, I can't really do much about the fact that Roy and his army will be the ones fighting in the gameplay parts of the chapters. I've been thinking, and the best solution I could come up with is as follows: the plot will just ignore the gameplay entirely. I mean, the game's own plot already does that.

Chapter 12x, a breeze of a chapter...

4cq36uc.pngWsjonzm.png

vjzxRCf.pnguSWJIQo.png

G8DZFpL.png

So, yeah, that's it. It's a clumsy solution, but hey, it wouldn't be a Rubenio LP without it being shitty.

ObgD3Px.png

This map, compared to the last few ones, is extremely easy. And I mean, really extremely easy. Mostly because this is the first chapter, since pretty much every single non-gaiden map since chapter 5, in which there aren't any time limits. No villages to save (there's one, but no Brigands to ruin it and even if there were Brigands, we're so close we'd have to try in order ot lose it), no units to save before they get themselves killed, no gaidens to unlock, nothing.

Net9Ewz.pngOT70e0A.pngycUCeUS.pngwuV0Cmx.png

There's a purge Bishop,  ballistas, a sleep asshat, a Mage with fimbulvetr, which for once, isn't a horrible tome... the one time we could use it, and it's unobtainable. Was it so hard to make this one droppable? Of course it was, droppable items don't exist in this game. But I digress.

So there are all of these things that, if there was any reason to rush forward, would give me hell, but since there's no reason not to turtle our way out, we can just wait these things out one by one.

NcUw4Ht.pngpB27xgG.png

The boss is Arcardo, and he's hilariously good, which does not fit his character at all. He's better than Perceval in quite a few areas! Jeez! His weaponery isn't very good, though. He can put a mean dent on our units with the silver axe, but javelins just aren't that threatening at this point.

2nCMvgP.pngGLL1o17.pngPbPlgix.pngTra9l8l.png

Some healthy combat to get us started. I want to use the arena, the armory and visit the citizens, but in order to do that, I need to kill the guards. All... three of them.

dtQpifv.png

Boots Dougy is best Dougy! It's not as if we could use these to get a dancer with Cavalier move, or a Roy that can keep up with Marcus or anything like that.

pmnSiMn.pngddjrgIH.png

And now, Marcus has the same resistance as Lot. Nice.

SjSpPzq.pngmMxc1qk.png

This is the Paladin's range. Roy will be doing something, since he's here.

8ccmBYK.png0LXTn68.png

Good job, Boi. You suck.

3Ni8qNq.png

The ballista attacks Lot. He's so good, my goodness...

nGYel5t.pngCUQJIKm.png

Dougy is also great, don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

SBKEZlX.pngjvKcyTb.png

I'm already running out of things to say, and we're a turn into the chapter. Seriously, the fact that I'm going to be able to finish this chapter in one update (when was the last time that happened?) should be enough of an indicative that nothing interesting is going to happen. There's no danger at all!

rftDOr9.png55nZAHa.pngepyWaqm.png

Enemy phase is over, time to go on the offensive.

oXAP99r.png

Oh, no, is Hugh also going to turn out weird? Jeez, Hugh! You've a 45% speed growth, and 30s in both of the other S stats! How come you're getting so much more of those!? You need speed to surpass Lilina, because you just can't compare when it comes to magical power!

tAEKXP7.pngtAEKXP7.pngU7rvwPg.png

Dougy does some tanking. I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but I much prefer FE6's no damage sound to the one in FE7 and 8. In those, it sounds more like someone parrying a hit with a sword. Here, it truly does sound like a weapon bouncing off heavy armor. Or in Lot's case, muscles of steel.

BZOtWNn.pngTPjWBtV.png

Sue got a kill, which allows me to showcase her great Nomadic Trooper sprite, just so I can inmediately digress into how much I dislike that name. Seriously, Nomadic Trooper? What sort of name is that? I much prefer Tear Ring Saga's Mamluke. That one's actually a cool reference, instead of being nothing at all.

FKMyWDH.png

Without much else to do, the axe siblings visit houses.

8VHDqDS.pngJzAgJvc.pngjGLYp5Q.png

It's exactly the same Yodel told us, in case we skipped the cutscene but then decided to waste a turn visiting a house. Although, I'll admit, "the tide is very dramatic around here" is a hilarious line and should be a meme.

xjHGlEA.png

That was fun, but let's hope this one has something different in it.

1vlnuST.pngELOOl0K.pngIwQHbG4.png6rgxzg3.png

Noooooooooope. Just a title drop... of the old translation's chapter title. Cute reference, Gringe, I like it.

UxdK4FH.png

And now for the village!

6m6kwwM.png03B3xTb.pngvBCxyXJ.pngzNM2wrn.png

The last of the manga's weapons, the gift from this recolor of Arcadia's elder is just a slightly better heal staff. It doesn't even have 50 uses like the other two. I feel scammed.

28PtEox.pngehjnosG.png

That's it for the turn.

PHyNgy2.pngPsKIBCU.pngZjM8OZF.png

Sue can now fight back, but given how "good" she's at it, I'd take Dorothy's bow-locked self over her any day.

RoKSAlX.png8O4eyDM.pngv4owHJQ.png

S bows. Not bad, I guess, but the Mulgreis is going to Dorothy, period.

0PqeCyd.pnglwuk77g.png

Lilina levels up. 25 magic... this girl is amazing.

DnEFQ1w.png3b24edH.pngNi49hAu.pngN4XOA4E.png

Here's the armory. Killer weapons of all kinds. But I've no cash...!

SnrDRr8.png

Astolfo, it is up to you to fix that! Go, and fight at the arena!

0ez5rKL.pngegCbk3x.png

Hugh and Roy will go north with you. The others will stay and cover the southern flank.

g523cxX.png5QTWu9B.png

The purge asshat is upon us! And he's got help, too! We must do something!

h4aDDc1.pngtGEeyoh.png8rqqDbM.pngapy2VE2.png

There. Something.

4YGLWks.png

The ballista can only reach Dougy, and if it can't damage Lot, it won't damage Dougy.

970ov56.pngxmI43tk.png

Just like so. The purge asshole goes after Igrene. As you can see with your own eyes, but hey, I'm here and my job is to comment, so there, commentary.

A6dqpgJ.png

Good as new, Igrene.

BdqgDaU.pngtUKXEsv.png

And now... there's nobody to give us trouble! Yey!

rcVVfGc.pngmhZKlVy.png

Everyone goes after Dougy, with varying degrees of success.

ZMFwWl9.png

Ah, there's the sandbar. It's arrived sooner than I expected.

BUS0kpp.png8t6gZL1.pngZJHzY00.pngia9AHGL.png

Arcardo's reaction is to act very level-headedly. As every single boss except for Orlo when something goes awry.

Is it too soon to repeat that I wish all bosses were like Orlo?

R1WiA1a.pngWuAJMzY.pngqF57GXA.png

Uh-oh, this could be bad news... not!

gAF8jl8.pngEEgpeN5.pngO2c6IOi.png

Yes, Roy, you're right there, you should be able to see it from where you stand. Then again, you don't know what a sandbar is.

OqxNmm5.pngzdgxju1.png0rzrcjD.pngyA5Rk8J.png

No, not really.

O0CChyC.png

It does look like we're moving forward, but we aren't going to be doing that for much longer. We don't want to wander into the sleep asshole's area of slumber.

89zSyxX.pngZ3Xjbv9.png

Time to put the game's last arena (well, there's another one, but that one's not practical. You'll see) to good use. Astolfo, do the honours! As always, low bets, fingers ready to press B the key that the emulator believes is B, Z

aHYvvGQ.pnggQq6zJJ.png

Well done, Astolfo. Have some healing. You too, Dougy.

RjEQMz8.pngi0IhMB7.png

Fimbulvetr. How do I wish you were mine. Such a waste... it'd at least give Hugh and his huge con a reason to exist. Lilina wouldn't be able to lift this tome, but Hugh would. But nope, unobtainable.

qveLtze.pngkmv1WYP.png

So long, tome. You're experience now. Experience for a prepromote.

Qb0IJIr.png2ERvQ9A.png8rMbn4O.png

Uhh, this guy's quite close to our position now! His final mistake!

DO3yZ4n.pngH7BtKDf.png

Cecilia is the target of the day. The enemy's attack is ineffective, at best.

s2S71zt.pnghz4Qfwf.png

You could've hit him critically, Igrene, but you chose not to. Why, I ask?

a1oz7oL.pngDBN1WU0.png

The healer heals the healer for the healer to heal Igrene.

Igrene, you ruined the tongue twister! Why can't you be named Hillary, or something like that?

Before somebody brings the politics here, no, Hillary Clinton is not the only person in the world named Hillary. Not that I believe any of you regular repliers would bring politics here, but I still wanted to say that. Seriously, go on google and search "Hillary", no surnames or anything. It's Clinton, Clinton and more Clinton as far as the eye can see! Are there no other Hillaries anywhere?! Apparently not, if google is correct!

YNUnCkh.png

Nice! Well done, Dougy. Now, if you succeed in hitting him a second time, I'll be really happy.

3fQTmBf.png

D'aww... well, worth a shot.

HPDc4V0.png9ugD2gp.png

Sue kills the Mage, and now it's over.

...I overextended with her, didn't I? Now the ballistas are going to kill her...

But hey, if she dies in this route, nothing happens, so...

fiiLXhv.png

Ah. Well, that's a relief.

So, remember how Arcardo told his trops to charge forward and prevent us from using the sandbar as a shortcut to reach him faster?

d4GiRMI.png

Yep. Merlinus was right when he said they were in a state of shock. Only the most capable of Arcardo's forces was able to keep his cool and come face us. Too bad it will only lead him to his untimely death.

IocJKzX.pngSsSWrXx.pngI8cHZtM.png

He also has something I wish to steal.

jPgYw4O.png

Jikes!

x7XnMvM.png

But Wade jikes better!

Cx0Nvji.pngJHpzdyl.png

The enemy decides to go after Cecilia, both by throwing a flashbang at her, and by turning her into a flashbang.

afuMXcb.png

Mission failed, they'll get us never.

B3TUxRI.pngbLl2fVD.png

The Bishop goes down. You can bully Cecilia no longer! Instead, you can go bully her inferior competitor in hell!

HQD3nrH.pngpHWpdv0.png

Dorothy chips down the Paladin, but the iron bow can no longer hold itself together under her awesome strength, and breaks in two.

1rMxEZj.png

Can't say I blame it, this girl is hilariously strong. I almost feel bad for the Pegasi that we're going to be facing the next few chapters.

Almost. That feeling, however, is far outweighed by my desire to see Dorothy cap strength. On average, she just barely falls short of it, but my Dorothy is already one point away, and she's got 10 levels to go. Go her!

gALuFGG.png

Sorry, man, it's not like we're going to give you a chance to use this. Still, I like you, you were the only one brave enough to come do battle with us. Your death will be quick.

URxkDQn.png

But first, the reason why Astolfo is the best Thief in the game. No ballistas or siege tomes are taking this guy down, and for a Thief, that's all that is relevant.

71kqEgR.pngE0mDExM.png

Back to the arena it is for you. The time has come, Paladin. Time to face the music.

eWYvw26.png

Here you go. The fastest death I could grant you: head split by Zalwade himself.

DojxNp7.png

Saul, teach Wade the meaning of "spoils of war" by spoiling him with your heals.

...what? What do you mean, the words "spoil" can mean "ruin" as well as "treat somebody too well"?

Oh, well... this being Saul, any of the two are valid. But given that Wade is one of my best units, let's hope the latter is the one.

A2l1vrv.pngLW23Xcp.png

Suddenly, crap shots of nothing!

DOTUvSc.png

Pegasi out of nowhere! That last couple of screenshots were my very poor attempt at showing the moment when the reinforcements appeared. A couple Cavaliers from the forst around Castle Remi, and two Pegasus Knights from the ones in the corner of the map.

VyG6btg.pngFRp4XB3.png

They're really bad at their work. Steel lance? Seriously? I think even Dougy might be able to double you clowns!

MHPhoVD.png

Flashbang.

HWzIM4q.png0MqB5cC.png

Death!

zsQIwYX.png

Flashbang.

6KjIPDy.pnguebUDoe.png

Sue will level up soon. Wish her luck!

iP2RXrK.pngw55Mbkr.png5Bo1Rfx.png

Healing, arena, post-arena healing.

zQ6IM1I.pngeXr5sUe.png

Here's my problem with commenting this chapter. See Dougy? He's going to move forward to block the bridge in a couple of turns.

That's all the moving his group will be doing until Arcardo runs out of reinforcements to throw at them.

MNZi0Th.pngV1g6QrV.pngFBcTE9U.pngFTWWeSe.png

You know, these guys would be more of a threat if they weren't unpromoted scrubs at a time when pretty much the entire team's bound to be promoted.

V5oCpti.png

Seriously, this is just pathetic. Step up your game, Ilia. But not too much, I want a challenge, but I don't want my army to be slaughtered either.

LteD54p.pngnoJUfrI.png

Wade uses skipping rope! It's very effective!

FF01XoB.pngTSpRt8s.pngeK9GIQE.pngNfG5Br4.png

This is what's going to be happening for the next map. A few more turns and I'll start skipping everything.

EEsC0t8.png

Not just yet, though. You guys need to see this miraculous event: Sue got a good level up. Unbelievable. She's actually as fast as Dorothy now!

bESLkU5.pngwn5g781.pngU7TPF0K.png

The northern team's movements are slightly more interesting, in that they actually move. See, Hugh is heading north towards the Western Reapers and the Destroyers of Elimine.

Nc324Fo.png9g50CIc.png6zRo0tr.pngZGIaxKu.png

The latest Pegasi reinforcements attempt to kill Cecilia. Why they'd do something so stupid is beyond my comprehension.

VREmKWG.png5vp7C22.png5KWfRCr.png56HUlEN.png

Dougy is in trouble! Or would be, had he not gotten 2 speed levels. As it is, even Paladins can't do much against him.

I98ZLsC.png0HPWR0B.pngMM7pV7P.png

The rest is just the usual ballista and javelin dodging.

amjP9XH.png

Here's why Hugh was heading north. Saul and Dorothy don't need experience, but he does.

dCqLwxF.png2DmGSm6.pngyQyQGyH.png0YESZJU.png

This is the point where the northern team goes from doing slightly more interesting things than the other group, to doing the exact same. In other words, this is the formation 'til the end of the reinforcement swarm.

NGBlw95.png

While that happens, Astolfo keeps on fighting at the arena, earning a point of health.

tSkb5cm.pngD3xpl0R.pngSeY9qnY.png

Down south, the Paladin goes down. He was the only one who could do so much as put a dent on Dougy's armor.

8iYnWKC.pngOKqn6gQ.png

Well, you know what they say, if you can't get strong, get lucky.

1f9C7Ql.pngAJLFIm9.png

Okay.

K36ey1q.pngct5xOYn.png178a84W.png

Jesus, Wade doubling someone? Unheard of!

mXoGM1y.png

Oh my God, he's determined not to let Lot beat him, isn't he? He's four points ahead of his average defense! And a point ahead in res, which is hilarious, in a way.

He's also 6 points behind in HP, but shhhh... don't tell him. He's trying his best.

R4pNyZW.pngMFoR0ho.pngSqjOJrq.pngrOdRSTR.png

Dougy's team is attacked, and so is Lot. Oh, dear, he cannot kill him? Man, you're starting to fall behind, are you, Lot?

B8Cd0bn.pngFdAabDK.png

I stand corrected.

7OIJsnz.pnglnUHRqO.pngcYZOXK5.png1IdqMal.png

I'm only showing this so you can have an idea of what the next turns are going to look like, mostly because I'm going to skip them all. So yeah, see this? With a few slight variations (Dougy will be the one getting attacked by the Cavaliers), this is all that's going to be happening behind the scenes.

aMPgOHq.png

On this side of the map, the Western Reapers will lure in the Cavaliers...

I5v9gwY.png

...if they decide to come, that is, while Hugh gets the experience. Marcus and Tate will provide emotional support, Roy'll do whatever, and Astolfo will be earning money.

Very well, I think it's time for a little timeskip. Cue in the highlights!

qn1BM6P.pnglEDp43k.png

Dougy levels up! It's horrible. C'mon, Dougy, you can do better than that!

gZSs5Nu.png

...jeez, stop staring into my soul! I'm not the one who hates you!

wMdbWvk.pngPk6tFng.png

Igrene levels up! Not bad, not bad at all. She's not as ridiculously great as Dorothy, but she gets the job done. I like her.

i6eZYHy.pngWIuBVhq.png

Hugh gets S--

6RWVpuf.png

...A magic? C'mon, Hugh, step up your game already!

ZX7bQe1.png

Astolfo, too, levels up. Please...

ImNNHqT.png

Yet another level! But it's Sue, so expect the worst--

qiiSPCA.png

...nice! Nice! Keep it up, Sue, and there may be a spot on the team for you yet.

W5uKRvV.pngsewswNf.png

This is the closest Astolfo ever came to dying at the arena. Asshole got a lucky hit in...

Thbe8PM.png

And just like that, there's nobody left to harass us! Time to advance!

NpNbMd9.pngmjJvr4b.pngUfPUhYt.png

Or, in Tate and Astolfo's case, pick easy fights for fun and profit. Since noone's there to heal him with staves, Astolfo's been drinking health off of that elixir he stole earlier.

p9rkZHB.png

Dougy isn't quite done yet, but he'll be very soon. See this formation? They haven't moved from that for the last 10 turns or so.

q040AlZ.png

This is what I relieved you of having to sit through. Not even kidding, see Wade's defense level up at the top of the folder? And the last few screenshots at the very bottom?

Yeah. No need to thank me.

WEsDeYW.png4XiW1am.pngW8wSJ7O.pngR73utRP.png

Dougy's aching to put his new boots to good use. Soon, Dougy, soon.

Nk8clue.pngSJEYPEW.png

Tate takes down the greatest threat to her survival that stands in that little island she's assaulting. In the meantime, Hugh flips off the audience while conjuring the thunderbolt that shall take the Cavalier's life. That's Ruud, Huugh!

E0nCBVn.pngsBMGc6p.pngTyb4L3k.png

Marcus has done nothing at all in this chapter. Let's let him stretch his old bones a little. I don't think his horse's butt is very happy with my decision, but alas, that's life.

LuU9iwP.png

Use your bow, Lot, so as not to steal the experience from Hugh.

IXEtGbL.pngBSjzy2B.png

Astolfo is still at the arena. Amazing! Shame you can't promote, because those are some very decent stats you got there.

C7x9VEc.pnghZGsGrN.png

Keep up the pace, people. Or, in Dougy's case, prepare to have a pace at all.

QwmH8hn.png0nVlwoS.pngPx7LRRt.png

Outclassed! That was a crit.

Smvdemg.pngd2BNwpv.png

Futile!

PReYPQg.pngi8VAiez.png

See? You wasted some time, Bishop, some time you could've been using to get the hell outta dodge while you still can.

n0MhBxf.png

Nice, we're rich. We won't stay that way for long, but hey, who needs boots when you can have critting machines?

3zVaobr.png

Hey, everybody, I want y'all to pay very close attention. This is boots Dougy walking the distance.

nWih3Ul.png5kiktbe.pngzV2iTSi.pngxi1qCNU.png

Ah, a General that can move. That's always such a great thing to witness.

YenY6qE.pngNWYHNhQ.png

Me and my big mouth... urk.

31bzKFr.png

Up, Dougy, we're on a tight schedule!

f9mrCQ2.pngKdp4qWT.png

Fool... you were once so proud! But you weren't expecting BOOTS DOUGY!

CedYDjy.pngWbiuGRA.png

Boots Dougy the dodgetank. Hah!

4kypQUq.pngs2gnpYU.png

Very well. As long as those guys don't have, I don't know, a silver Sniperslayer, we'll be fine.

jHNdmMn.pngLGGw7Zg.png

(No, they don't, but they do have something for the fools who thought bringing Perceval here was a good idea)

ekVHq72.pngsQ3Q2qJ.png

Hah! Axereaver, my behind!

SF4jj35.png

Oh, shit, that's quite a lot of damage... I sincerely hope the Bishop doesn't go after her...

tOEnKxe.pngyJvJJCj.png7cStaAl.png

...how considerate of him. Sadly, forts, unlike magical thrones and gates, don't cure status effects, which means we have to use up yet another restore charge.

EGph2kG.png

That'll be another level up for Lilina. I'd ask for speed, but I want to have a reason to use Hugh, and--

H4oi70B.png

Jesus Christ on a bike, blistering barnacles and the like! Lilina, give the poor guy a chance!

It's all right, Hugh. When the time to take a hit comes, we'll see who has the last laugh.

oAChzT4.png

Oh my... GOODNESS GRACIOUS, DOUGY DOUBLING SOMEBODY?! UNBELIEVABLE!

XV76TUy.pngmk2l7g8.png

Feast your eyes, everybody: the Great General of Etruria.

jjPz2Cz.pngY9dInGg.pngBOT6eaV.png

Ah, crap, I couldn't bring him down in time, and the Bishop no longer has his sleep staff to waste his turns away.

qHXkqEx.pngAZY5fff.png

Scratch that, he has one more charge, and even if he didn't, Igrene did fine.

LoaQ8rN.png3SBztcM.png7K5WU86.png

I'd like to feed the Bishop to Hugh, so let's ignore him for now. Instead, the ladies (Dorothy is not a lady, she's a powerhouse) team up to kill this imbecile.

D0fmcXT.png

Hah! You idiot!

jUQODNz.png

...Lilina! You idiot!

Zw01Ppp.pngptKLqZp.pngtCxDJrC.png

If you're wondering, Dougy's still sleeping because I don't want to waste more uses of the restore staff when there's no true need for it.

nNeQjtm.png

Besides, with the fort and four healers on the map, it'll take the Bishop a long time to bring him down, if he can ever.

CnyDZjj.png

So... Hugh. He can't do much damage to the Bishop, but even just a little is enough.

4Yge4MN.png6E7v6VX.png

Saul, chip him down slightly!

4i3CXPU.pngXU6pLzj.png

Well done. Dougy even woke up while you were doing that. Welcome back, Great General. You didn't miss much.

FPzkU1q.pngrSJhdu0.png

That's another tome down the drain. But we've plenty to spare, I believe. It is irrelevant now, for it is time for some shiny +1s to come into existance!

Zcxtq0v.png

...no, you idiot! I want speed!

You know the best part? Even after promoting at level 18, he was still more or less on his averages after promoting. But ever since then, he's just refused to get speed, so of course, now he's fallen behind. You're slacking, Hugh! I'm looking forward to Niime's arrival, to see if she can whip you into shape.

FJQ68vm.png

I think it's time. This guy has been a pain in the neck since as far back as chapter 9. It's about time...

1kqPLqw.pngml8Xz57.png

...for Lord Arcardo to fall!

Oh, what's that? I don't know, I... I really can't think of anything! You're a role model, and I strive to be like you, if I ever shit my jacket somehow!

wCKcc3C.pngcQtznMd.png

As a bonus, Igrene gets speed. I like it, thank you. Keep the good levels coming, and you might just get to become a regular. In FE6, there is no such thing as "too many bows".

X22lDeO.png0BWWhbg.png

Cecilia doesn't have dialogue with Arcardo. Or Roartz, for that matter. One'd thought she'd have some lines, since she was the first of the Etrurian Generals to oppose them, but nope, nothing.

yNdy7Gv.pngZHqtco7.png

Arcardo can double you, Cecilia. Let's not let him do such a foul thing.

D8PNeCm.png

Igrene is staying within a javelin's throw, though, so we'd best make sure to maximize her chances to survive. Also, supports! Sorry, I won't be getting Astolfo x Igrene. It is one of the best, if not the best support in the entire series, but from a gameplay perspective, it would be a waste of a slot. If Dougy dies, I might do it, but until then...

6gRqpif.pngQexkqZ3.pngKtcQ1Ng.png

"It is I, the man who shan't leave his king's side, ever!"

"Yes, I was there when it happened..."

o8WvuuQ.pnggaNPtKS.pngctrTXcn.png

No, that isn't so, he's not a simple soldier. He's a 7-mov General! Far better than some other scrubs, like Perceval, who isn't even with us anymore, according to LP canon. Hah!

bwS3wSU.pngjI58LJl.pngTCCnFoI.pngJ23gQlt.png

You can say that again. Just imagine if Bern had never come along and Sophia hadn't led us to Arcadia. When Maggie, Rose and their titanic army of a hundred Brigands went to ransack Arcadia, she'd have been alone to defend the village.

7f4rmGx.pngfejolFf.png

A reasonable request, and she went to ask the right man, too. If anyone's got the influence to protect Arcadia from the corrupt Etrurian nobility, it's him.

USvBYBk.png

...Dougy! What the heck?!

vaZZMUK.pngKJbzAIB.pngMfctOom.png

Jesus fucking Christ, Douglas. I don't dislike you, but I can totally understand why some do.

What sort of deranged, horrible thing to say is that? "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't promise I won't have to throw a lance through your stomach. If my king says I have to do it, then it's just tough luck. Cheers!".

SZUoAxb.pngX20bDiW.pngmBS1I5v.png

Goodness gracious, Dougy, you could've at least been a little more tactful about it.

5gt5sFB.png

That was not very supportive. But don't worry, if I recall correctly, it gets better later. Right now, this mostly means 1 point of defense for the two of them. Finally, a convo that gives defense to both parties! I've been looking forward to getting one of these.

MwmpjmQ.png

Thank you, Arcardo, we won't keep you waiting for much longer.

qVlzcHo.pngz0VDHOs.png44u8Eva.pngQLeMcLw.png

Oh please... this guy shouldn't be this strong! If there's anybody who should be an extremely weak boss, it's this guy!

g2nkxz6.png59OqHaG.pngZGIot7J.png

We do much better the following turn.

tRAbSqd.png

Pitiably, so does Arcardo.

2THLVU4.pngVn9vOWS.png

Hugh attempts to help. He's not very successful.

wiZ0T8n.pngT7YW774.pngZoik7hK.png

Eventually, I grow tired and unleash the Dorothy on him.

hUQSHEl.png

Time for the update's title to finally come to pass!

OnDHhHI.pngrmsp2v4.pngvph7hLB.pngHLFqbAA.png

And that's it! He doesn't even bother to respond, beyond throwing his lance into him.

SdhHnCe.pngS0cPTKn.pngigMHyje.png

That's the end of Arcardo. I like that they made him the third arc's first boss. Quite fitting, for such a pathetic enemy.

ro9CvZj.png

Pffft! Oh, well, it's FE6. As I've said a few times already, skill in this game is not bad.

l6zy6HV.png

Show your colleague up, Cecilia. Get speed, magic, defense,

dNygklr.png

ANYTHING BUT THAT, PRETTY PLEASE!?

My Cecilia is speed screwed, ladies and gentlemen. It's like she inherited Elen's curse after she sacrificed herself and nobody gave a fuck about it. Remember? She didn't get any speed at all, either. But Cecilia's case is even worse, because her speed growth is higher than Elen's!

YMbcyGP.pngNrKRdXm.png

I'd forgotten about Tate. Don't worry, even though I forgot to give her the Delphi shield (again), as we found out last chapter, a mere Archer isn't going to get through her Pegasus' feathers of titanium.

hdBFj9i.pngIEvI3pA.png

He doesn't even try to, instead healing up just enough to... still get one-shot. What a joke.

A9EwYqm.png

Well, then, nothing remains but to wrap things up at the arena, go shopping and leave this place.

VavOSUg.pngIoxs4s6.png

Not bad. Solid stats for a thief. He'll survive a bolting and a ballista bolt if he has to, and that's all that matters.

aFJeMo3.pngYMdjqKD.pngoLn3Ntf.png

The time has come: if I remember correctly, we got 3 killer axes, 2 killer lances, 3 killer bows, and a killing edge for good measure.

AyEY9v6.png

Roy will now walk all the way to the castle. While he does that, Cecilia and Lilina have a friendly chat.

JwcoMMc.png

About Roy, because Roy doesn't get enough screentime, we need to talk about him in supports too.

Otr2u48.png4ZGiCY5.pngds4uNb8.png

But I give commands around here!

mz9GEDT.pngHCr4NPa.png

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

*Discharged

*Retreated after being wounded

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*???

It already has been doomed. We just pressed on regardless.

Gc3LCin.pngkm8Y8HC.pngxCrODqf.pngn7gIXOL.png

You should probably have, too. Legance looked ridiculously evil and De Beers was fat, which automatically made him evil as well.

NkumISS.png5hSUDhO.pngWhGF0ul.png

Nothing a great woman like you couldn't handle.

XaHWlfX.pngMjXwcoh.png5HYMAin.png

Mostly Dougy and yourself, I believe.

TVOkXEQ.pngiFOg0Ao.pngvth0qQv.pngFZNGpPy.png

Roy, fight alone? Pfhah! What a good joke, Cecilia. He was taught swordplay by a mage, he was doomed to be a failure from the very beginning.

Although, there's also a chance said mage didn't teach him to use any sword, just his own "sword". Am I getting warmer here, Cecilia?

...what are you giving me that look for!? It's an idiom! An idiom without any ulterior implications! Yeah, for sure...

jsaLhBh.pngXWgokqd.png

Wise words, General Cecilia, wise indeed. Befitting of you, the most decent human being in Etruria.

hGs3zeF.pngeXCHBSw.png3vlLdlU.pngQ95d0rd.png

That's another A support in the sack. Cecilia's a great character, if you haven't read her supports yet, do it, you're missing out. Let's see what this gives the girls in terms of stats...

...3 attack!? My goodness, Lilina, be careful not to set the entirety of the planet on fire now!

It also gives them both some very needed defense (again, +3) and a little of everything else. Holy moly.

d9U2laI.png

Okay, Dougy, seize the castle!

...no? Oh, well then.

4bujQsQ.png

Do your job, Roy... but not yet. For now, let's wait a little and build up Dougy's support with Igrene.

QQ2MJLD.png

With the 120 support points limit that exists in FE6, this is as much as we're going to get. To wait any more would be pointless.

c8qCH7D.png

We're off!

Z0Uvwl4.png8dXovXW.png3Bj2BZf.pngDACcFlN.png

You can say that again. A year ago, I wouldn't have expected to be writing LPs to entertain fellows in this forum. But of course, that's much more mundane than becoming a war hero, or dying.

bbWbSoU.png

With any luck? We're winning, even if I have to cheat and give you hax stats so you can beat the game by yourself. But I'm pretty certain it won't come to that...

vPL1GBn.pngD4kr5Y1.pngxOlxyBT.pngMNlfreZ.png

He just carried the thing during the entire battle? So irresponsible, Roy, what if you dropped it?

kalfCtD.pngHd0WUUH.pngSN0zOYW.png

I don't know, he made it quite clear that he wouldn't budge in his ultimatum.

jWdQ90Y.pngvcdJCQp.png7oikHbK.png2IY2rxR.png

Yeah, how dare Guinivere have faith in the treacherous king of Bern? Unthinkable!

zvH3IGz.png0ai864V.pngbXrehKj.pngCz0x1iy.png

Ah, yeah, here it is. The plot that was covered in some fanfiction.

735tfKw.pngBHRh8Ne.png57GNtet.pngyHy3Xwf.png

Really? And nobody cared about the fact that he'd mysteriously fallen ill and had supposedly died right before his father's demise and and his sudden... resuscitation?

8WDcyPV.pngeQY9Ag0.pngWrgLZr0.png

She does, she'll be telling Roy in the span of the next few chapters. Which is a good thing, too. Means we won't miss out on much.

And even if we did, do you guys really care about "Roy talks to Merlinus ~ Sacae edition"?

8S1csr6.png

And just like that, it's over. Next time, we'll see a familiar face... again... in the first chapter in Ilia proper! Until then, if you dare not fare well, I'll be really mad!

...these send-offs of mine keep getting more and more agressive, don't they?

Whatever the case, see you next time.

uKtgtfI.pngzhxCLm2.png

yYwUpTr.png

30pwHFx.png

4OQ300e.png

bs8OEe0.png7GWJzM3.png

DIa0LRQ.png

sOkgr55.pnguGBtVlU.pngp3yF3gB.png

wxykwfY.pngXzOyp4A.png

o821kMy.png

SJALYYb.pngweURFa1.png

mAKPNz6.png

bfUQ4cG.png

To be continued.

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

*Discharged

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*???

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EJWDKuY.png

Frankly, I'd believe it was either one.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

His speed growth is 30%. Heck, it's just as high as his chance of getting defense, strength and skill!

As a side note, based on this comment, I think I'd better get Fates so I can use Arthur.

Good luck, I have never been able to get him to work.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rather predictably, this is you right now.

You're not wrong. Seriously, that 30% would be alright. If he didn't start on 8.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, Sid isn't going insane just yet.

I was trying to say at least it wasn't you snapping.

It would have been too soon though.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't understand this one, sorry.

I was on about ho I could see Pent saying something like this at any point.

Yeah, I'm a really slow thinker, but you're an even slower writer.

I was three minutes behind! I had edits!

*Quickly googles "fire emblem vantage" to find out what that does*

Pretty sure you mean she. For shame, Dainy, Margaret isn't a trap!

Well, he moves to attack her, activating Vantage.

Least that's what I meant, I know she's not a trap. She's not, right?

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really, it's just a scripted battle, so she just striked him once for plot purposes. Hers is just a run-of-the-mill brave sword. Remember how it's unobtainable for whatever reason in this game? Well, I gave it to the NPC. That's the explanation.

Well she's using it wrong then.

Also struck rather than striked, English is annoying.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Frankly, I'm not much of a fan of these "weapons have their owner's minds in 'em" shenanigans. I like it better when legendary weapons are just that, weapons.

But exposition dumps!

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

5Hs0k5Z.png9KLaC36.pngk9g0PhV.png4Bo4nbj.png

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times by now, but what happens in times of peace? Does everyone just starve to death?

Mercenaries do get hired for jobs outside of wars.

They probably profit more off wars though.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

29dPs4o.png2bvllgB.png

And just conveniently forget that Sacae exists and is under Bern's control still. But don't worry, I've got this one covered. More on that later.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........................

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Qnb2IuC.pngWe left him at the castle. General Perceval has stayed there to assist the king, ensure the prisoner doesn't escape, and continue the interrogations. He'll send word if he finds anything out.

Of course you did.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PAccie4.pngfVNSzhd.png9QOokZO.png

I like how Murdock doesn't give a flying fuck about the fact that Arcardo is obviously ill-suited to defend this position that gives Bern "an invaluable strategic advantage against Etruria". He just sends him in to die, and if Remi falls as well, that's all too bad.

Murdock is a fan of impossible tests.

Must be how he picked his guard.

gvgdMbh.png6E8ezPh.png

Hwahahah... put on your seatbelts, everyone, for this is going to be a bumpy ride. For Roartz and Arcardo, at least! Murdock has decided to unleash the Roastbomb once again!

Murderock strikes again?

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

OnpkoTn.png

Give credit where credit is due, I found that amazing Murdock here. Check it out!

I don't think 2 max revives would be enough.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

8nTgeiu.pngehpwPXI.pngdWUu4lT.pngYRZhQvh.png

If you thought I was making things up when I said he's leaving them to die... yeah. Murdock's awesome.

I have to say, Murdock burning so hard either makes him the best Bernian or part dragon.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

BQ1K8Mw.pngb2rO41b.png

Well, I mean... the church started assisting us two chapters ago, but yeah, let's go with that.

You forgot Saul's been around for a long while.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Before we continue, let's stop for a moment to explain how I'm going to handle the plot, because pulling the time travel card again would be boring.

Basically, Matthis will be the one to take care of Sacae, so I'll be rewriting the parts with Roy. The good news is, much of Roy's dialogue (heck, could be all of it for all I remember) is shared between Ilia and Sacae, so we won't be missing much. The villains, aside from Arcardo and Roartz (the observant reader can probably guess how I'm going to handle Roartz being in two places at once), will stay the same for showcasing purposes.

The bad news is, I can't really do much about the fact that Roy and his army will be the ones fighting in the gameplay parts of the chapters. I've been thinking, and the best solution I could come up with is as follows: the plot will just ignore the gameplay entirely. I mean, the game's own plot already does that.

Alright, that makes sense.

Also wow, that leaves the poor brother in a bad state.

So what'll happen if you pick Sacae as the gameplay after all that?

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

dtQpifv.png

Boots Dougy is best Dougy! It's not as if we could use these to get a dancer with Cavalier move, or a Roy that can keep up with Marcus or anything like that.

Just, Why do you do this to yourself?

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

8ccmBYK.png0LXTn68.png

Good job, Boi. You suck.

No wonder he got dropped from Brawl.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

BUS0kpp.png8t6gZL1.pngZJHzY00.pngia9AHGL.png

Arcardo's reaction is to act very level-headedly. As every single boss except for Orlo when something goes awry.

Is it too soon to repeat that I wish all bosses were like Orlo?

I don't think so, though comparisons were made very recently because that palette swap was in 16x.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Before somebody brings the politics here, no, Hillary Clinton is not the only person in the world named Hillary. Not that I believe any of you regular repliers would bring politics here, but I still wanted to say that. Seriously, go on google and search "Hillary", no surnames or anything. It's Clinton, Clinton and more Clinton as far as the eye can see! Are there no other Hillaries anywhere?! Apparently not, if google is correct!

Hillary Duff?

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, a General that can move. That's always such a great thing to witness.

YenY6qE.pngNWYHNhQ.png

Me and my big mouth... urk.

Douglas sleeping on the job.

Of course he fails at it. He's not by the king's side!

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

jHNdmMn.pngLGGw7Zg.png

(No, they don't, but they do have something for the fools who thought bringing Perceval here was a good idea)

Handaxes?

Handaxes.

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

H4oi70B.png

Jesus Christ on a bike, blistering barnacles and the like! Lilina, give the poor guy a chance!

It's all right, Hugh. When the time to take a hit comes, we'll see who has the last laugh.

>Magic

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jesus fucking Christ, Douglas. I don't dislike you, but I can totally understand why some do.

What sort of deranged, horrible thing to say is that? "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't promise I won't have to throw a lance through your stomach. If my king says I have to do it, then it's just tough luck. Cheers!".

Seriously, he's the worst Lorenz aside from Xavier. And that's only because Xavier is the worst to recruit.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SdhHnCe.pngS0cPTKn.pngigMHyje.png

That's the end of Arcardo. I like that they made him the third arc's first boss. Quite fitting, for such a pathetic enemy.

Some music to go with that.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

dNygklr.png

ANYTHING BUT THAT, PRETTY PLEASE!?

My Cecilia is speed screwed, ladies and gentlemen. It's like she inherited Elen's curse after she sacrificed herself and nobody gave a fuck about it. Remember? She didn't get any speed at all, either. But Cecilia's case is even worse, because her speed growth is higher than Elen's!

See this?

This is why I screamed for Clarine. Not one Speed proc, are you kidding me?

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

NkumISS.png5hSUDhO.pngWhGF0ul.png

Nothing a great woman like you couldn't handle.

Wait, she's from Lycia?

I'm sorry, what?

4OQ300e.png

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I have no words for that. Next update? Next update.

Why am I enjoying this competition between your Sages so much? I mean it looks like they both getting pretty good level ups; an average 4 stat gain per level is pretty good.

Hope it's not for nothing, there's a slight chance you might continue with the Sacae route stats. Slight, because I feel like that path might and will apply Murphy's Law.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:33 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Nice. And here I am, not getting the joke. Impressive.

Ice puns, basically.

You got it backwards, you fool!

It was intentional.

Now for real, if you don't mind, please tell me this: were you just silently reading the LP all this time? 'Cause this, to me, sounds like "I was there when Wrys died and this made me really angry", but you'd already vanished when Wrys died!

I read the update when he died, skipped the april fools update, saw Dayni's reply, went back to see what happened, and replied to Dayni's quote.

but hey, it wouldn't be a Rubenio LP without it being shitty.

So is this the newest meme?

oXAP99r.png

Attaboy! Show that Ostian bitch whose father is the best most-inaccurate-but-most-damaging-weapon user!

lwuk77g.png

...why do I even comment on levels?

vaZZMUK.pngKJbzAIB.png

You're not a knight, you're just a common soldier. Stop being iconsistant in such minor nitpickable ways!

7xedJJT.png

9ebg0WB.png

Z54FfFH.png

0AYqb1O.pngBcJWzfE.png

mHYzxbW.png7f5seis.png

n0JMG8Y.png

85kiFli.pngMcsMjv3.png

0uv5MsV.pngSmx9b4t.png

fQrfg7k.png

UWvGmgv.png

2yLJ4rr.pngvneqD1j.png

Y7Jb2WI.png

06BqXHz.png

h8sRJVx.png

GvMhd8P.png

KIcncMb.png

OdlXahd.pngEd2VXBB.pngGrfVUJ7.pngHJnEj11.png

q6Ml6yi.pngIgzJE5P.png

FpVDPJM.png

9xTFUGD.png

4leJhcw.pngGJ3kNSx.png6KtwdER.png

dnNcscP.png

7TH0ggl.pngoEFupIk.png

vLuFNDE.png

VIJFxgv.png

E9HDb3g.pnglrSeHMQ.pngH7odL7Z.png

GQsrTWI.pngsJG3FWF.pngmB27Adz.png

W1gX4fl.png

6Sd6DSt.png

mZ8Ow5i.pngqIjB2Ju.pngoxoUkVc.png

Qiz2NYB.pngBSzRuIR.png

nzaLqLC.pngsOAz8fV.pngW8iLgdQ.png

8N28lTS.png8p1GW95.png

Part 34 - SC_Thundermountain.

Where SC stands for "Seize Castle".

On 5/4/2018 at 9:14 PM, Dayni said:

Frankly, I'd believe it was either one.

Etrurians are still dumb, even if Roartz's departure has brought the IQ average up into the double digits.

Good luck, I have never been able to get him to work.

That's because you're a scrub who uses Percy!

You're not wrong. Seriously, that 30% would be alright. If he didn't start on 8.

Dougy will walk the distance, slowly but surely. Emphasis on "slowly".

I was trying to say at least it wasn't you snapping.

It would have been too soon though.

More like too late. If chapter 7 didn't make me snap, nothing will.

"But Ruben, chapter 14x--"

Shut your trap, you!

I was on about ho I could see Pent saying something like this at any point.

Ah, so you called it! Well done.

I was three minutes behind! I had edits!

Excuses, befitting of a slow man.

Well, he moves to attack her, activating Vantage.

Least that's what I meant, I know she's not a trap. She's not, right?

In all seriousness, no, she isn't. I'm not that sort of guy. She may be the least femenine woman I could come up with, but she definitely does not have a dick.

Well she's using it wrong then.

It's a scripted battle! By that logic, Seth should've died at the beginning of FE8! Motherfuckin' Seth!

Also struck rather than striked, English is annoying.

Ah, bollocks.

But exposition dumps!

Yes, whatever would we do without Roy talking to people about things? That's part of FE6's charm.

Mercenaries do get hired for jobs outside of wars.

They probably profit more off wars though.

Eh, fair enough.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........................

I'm smarter than FE6.

Of course you did.

Hahahahahahah... who else but Saint Rubenio!

Murdock is a fan of impossible tests.

Must be how he picked his guard.

He told Gale to defeat a brave bow Sniper with capped stats.

He rigged the RNG to dodge every shot and hit every one of his own.

Murdock was mildly impressed.

Murderock strikes again?

No, but Murderdock does.

I don't think 2 max revives would be enough.

Nothing can save those two now.

I have to say, Murdock burning so hard either makes him the best Bernian or part dragon.

Or both! That would allow us to say he's a better dragon than either Idunn and Whatshisname, which is good, because he is. No contest.

You forgot Saul's been around for a long while.

Yes, but Saul's faith is shaky, at best. He uses God to get into women's panties, c'mon.

Alright, that makes sense.

Also wow, that leaves the poor brother in a bad state.

His situation is dire, indeed, but perhaps he'll manage.

So what'll happen if you pick Sacae as the gameplay after all that?

We'll just pretend the team of Sacae were the ones who went with Roy to Ilia, and I'll think something up for Dayan being present.

Just, Why do you do this to yourself?

Because I can! Why else?

No wonder he got dropped from Brawl.

Frost should be in brawl, alongside Tomas. They'd be great additions indeed.

I don't think so, though comparisons were made very recently because that palette swap was in 16x.

Yes, let's hope we aren't given a reason to make even more comparisons in the near future...

It's a shame I did what I did, otherwise this would've been just perfect.

Hillary Duff?

Checks out.

Douglas sleeping on the job.

Of course he fails at it. He's not by the king's side!

Oh my God, that was a roast worthy of Murdock's mild amusement. I applaud you, Dainy!

Handaxes?

Handaxes.

You know I would leave him in the man's range with a steel blade so he's weighed down. And even then, he'd live, because Perceval is OP and I hate him for it.

>Magic

Lilina.txt

Seriously, he's the worst Lorenz aside from Xavier. And that's only because Xavier is the worst to recruit.

I honestly don't understand why Dougy is considered to be a Lorenz at all. I mean, Lorenz isn't exactly the epitome of loyalty. If anything, he's actually got a brain, and defects when it's made clear that he can't do any good by staying with Grust, unlike Camus. And after the war, he's the one to take matters into his own hands and betrays Hardin when he realises he's up to no good. Which results in his death in chapter 1 of 12.

(I'm still mad about that, by the way)

Really, the only similarities between the two is that they're Generals who join rather late into the game. That's pretty much it. Cecilia has more things in common with Lorenz than Dougy does!

Some music to go with that.

Too soon, dude, he was saved. By Morgan.

See this?

This is why I screamed for Clarine. Not one Speed proc, are you kidding me?

I think a lot of people have screamed for Clarine over the course of this LP.

ylkCmcp.pngMpQ4Khs.pngOJBitcy.png

Hahahah! Hell yeah, fictional characters are such easy pickings, they literaly cannot fight back unless you make them!

Wait, she's from Lycia?

I'm sorry, what?

According to the wiki, she is from Etruria. She joined the army as a knight, and at some point she traveled to Ostia to teach Roy everything he knows about sword-thrusting. Everything. She was suddenly called back to be made into the new Mage General.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I have no words for that.

Alas, Morgan, you did it. You had your fifteen minutes of fame.

And then you died. As suddenly as you were revived for the sake of the plot.

Would you believe that, originally, I had Arcardo find an elixir just lying around, but then stumbled upon Morgan's portrait and thought to myself "oh, right, this guy exists and I established him as being alive in that one joke scene! He'll be the one to save Arcardo! Genius!"?

Next update? Next update.

This update.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:05 AM, Garlyle said:

Why am I enjoying this competition between your Sages so much? I mean it looks like they both getting pretty good level ups; an average 4 stat gain per level is pretty good.

Yeah, I'm happy with them both. Lilina is more offensive, while Hugh is more defensive, and green, which is always great.

Hope it's not for nothing, there's a slight chance you might continue with the Sacae route stats. Slight, because I feel like that path might and will apply Murphy's Law.

I haven't played it in its entirety yet, but I already heavily doubt Sacae will be the canon route.

On 7/4/2018 at 4:50 AM, Franp3 said:

Ice puns, basically.

I see.

It was intentional.

It was, but that doesn't make it any less foolish! You fool!

I read the update when he died, skipped the april fools update, saw Dayni's reply, went back to see what happened, and replied to Dayni's quote.

You skipped an update? Ah, how the mighty have fallen... I am disappointed, I'll have you know.

Just joking, I still love you, even if you disappear for no reason every now and then.

Besides, it's your loss. You didn't get to see Evil Fatso get skewered by Margaret.

And Marcus's great level up. That one is the biggest thing you missed.

So is this the newest meme?

Meme? It's been my LPs most basic perk since the very beginning, when I chose Est over Cain in FE12!

Attaboy! Show that Ostian bitch whose father is the best most-inaccurate-but-most-damaging-weapon user!

They're both dead, so I bet Canas and Hector are having a blast watching their respective heirs compete from wherever they are.

That's... both depressing and heartwarming at the same time.

...why do I even comment on levels?

Because you dumb and can't be arsed to read the update thoughoutly to find more interesting things to comment?

You're not a knight, you're just a common soldier. Stop being iconsistant in such minor nitpickable ways!

I'm going to ignore the typo in order to join you in your nitpicking. Damnit, Dougy!

Spoiler

aTgTpCw.png

I know what you're thinking, "why are we back to Windy all of sudden"? Well, the answer to your question, my hypothetical friend, is the following:

sT7TqiM.png

I'll be handling Ilia/Sacae differently than the western route split. Instead of playing through one route and then the other, I'll be alternating between both, one chapter at a time. This way, we'll get to see Roy talking to people about things again before we start to miss him too much, and the same goes for Matthis.

OSVDwyo.png

Off to a great start... I don't have very high hopes for Sacae becoming the canon route for our army's stats. Ilia has, what, a thousand advantages over Sacae, even if we don't count the fact that I had to Windham abuse Tate to level 8 and then Dougy got speed and res? But who knows. As Roy wisely said, fate can be unpredictable.

kBYfJyv.png

I concede defeat at last, game. Bring me to the Bishop's Teachings, since you wanted to do it so badly when I first played through 16x.

gW2QuH2.pngFfqrpjg.png

...it still is? Why the past tense?

Pd2Dc0S.pngztKqJp8.pngWG3sOzR.png

They'll be defeated in one chapter. Brunja's got nothing on Murdock. Well, aside from being of the right gender for one with a dick like myself.

I envy you, Eclipse, DestructionDragon, LucidResolve and all the other females reading the thread. You get to admire Murdock for all he is worth without it being gay.

1hIxrsw.pngEFtS8LP.pngW2BW6sZ.png

Man, for the next LP I really need to find a GBAFE font for Office or something. It's a good way to know what's custom dialogue and what isn't, but... so is the fact that I'm using characters that don't belong in this game and defenestrating the original plot to make way for my shitty self-insert (friendly reminder that one Ruben ceased to be truly relevant to the plot when Matthis and Frost arrived and the other's fucking dead because I absolutely LOVE myself), and that doesn't stand out in the same outrageously obnoxious way as the huge font!

IaaMMHN.pngjEp3CeG.pngfH2lBFG.png3AJdEMv.png8EUgnRk.pngGQn2U6g.pngu4euHRC.pngtUeP988.pngtWlyBI7.png

This is more or less the same as last time.

Okf3FDP.png

Except I forgot to give Roy his second rapier, but that is irrelevant.

d7NB1kI.png

I like how in the other one, they had the sandbar gimmick to name the chapter, but not in this one, so instead they just named it after Yodel. Amazing. Before you ask, no, his dialogue with Roy save for the tip (which is, quite literally, just "THERE ARE MOUNTAINS HERE, AND YOU CAN'T SEE AT NIGHT") remains unchanged.

LfXkQvZ.pngkujQZFD.pngEykazhU.png

It seems to me like IntSys wanted Ilia to be the canon route. If you go Ilia, you get to see Murdock again, which is the logical continuation to his roasting of Narcian in chapter 16. If you go to Sacae, Brunja appears out of nowhere.

EaODtGl.pngPdI29U2.pngpwcdeiT.png

There's also the fact that she does not destroy Roartz and Arcardo, which automatically makes this scene inferior to Murderdock's version.

...seriously, though, how did Narcian make it into Heroes, but not Murdock? I know it's a really awkward moment to ask this question, but I must know! Why Narcian but not Murdock, or at least Brunja?!

PCxTvnS.png

She was talking to Roartz(?), dude...

TfBcphI.pngHgKkL3N.pngzR3WJN0.png

Arcardo has been screwed over twice now, and he's also lost Morgan. He's having quite the bad day.

zfhGNDu.png3mXlTVF.pngbVOEneW.pngN6VzuhC.png

Spoiler alert: it can't. You stand against General Matthis the Blessed. He cannot be defeated!

C25arbj.pngzflRgOo.pngL66ypr0.png

You hear? What, were you listening through the door while Roartz and Arcardo talked outside of your chambers?

That makes sense. Talking in front of the prisoner's room is a dumb enough move for one such as Roartz to pull off.

4J8wNXR.pngJ9TACwq.png

This only works because Brunja doesn't know this guy personally (or so I like to think). If this was Murdock, you'd be fucked.

1zTxroa.png2fDn5Ov.pngESO4LmR.png

m5h7PLI.pngkDYR28i.png

I kept those two lines (slightly edited, obviously she only mentioned "a child" in the original dialogue) because they're quite amazing. Not Murdock amazing, but quite great on its own right.

7xo5lRo.pngiYYAeWz.pngohAaZbQ.png

And so, she leaves.

0IjFwMo.pngF33iHMU.pngaZNTM4y.png

Tix0dc6.pngyAv0bTu.pngwYdu1DV.png

75h2x7T.png

Z13XeRT.png9AzaEmN.pngMM3wbzp.pngdQCORuW.png

Unlike Murdock, Brunja waits until they can't hear her to insult them. Bah...

oy8CBla.pngbWs5ckU.pngmqVprsA.png11KVbe3.png

4PLCiPu.png

Rwx4tNn.pngvOxCzQz.png

4xV3HDr.png

CAlKgJL.png1OHT96G.pngMu5boF5.png

4QZbbdb.pngnaMcPlz.png

R8K9yY1.pngLhfX698.pngrvv7cEy.pngSpYuY8n.png

YgpjzQR.pngDWrGPNr.png

GXecwzB.pngJyepsDW.pnggHCQwlN.png

RNldssl.pngTlW4pHm.png

pi1qTGF.png

YN9kHzf.pngS9AkMtj.png

XKO1fHj.png

TNS8ykT.png

1KMl2vH.pngFKgVWiD.png

fdynW5W.png

So, it's LP canon that Matthis just steamrolled Arcardo and his forces. In the gameplay, however, things won't be so easy, because my hacking knowledge doesn't allow for adding Matthis as a General with half of his stats capped. This means we'll have to go in with Boi, as usual.

OVsWTUe.png

This map. There's an extra village here, but it's almost impossible to get to that one. Seriously! There are a bunch of dangerous enemies between it and our starting position, it gets plundered in pretty much no time at all, and the reward isn't even worth the trouble.

Aside from that, we got ballistas, bolting assholes, wyverns, reinforcements that appear from behind (see that fort above Sue?)... but this time, there's fog, so there's always a fear of doing anything because an asshole could pop out of nowhere and kill a squishy. It's harder than Ilia's chapter 17, and while not the hardest chapter we've encountered, still quite annoying. I don't like it, honestly.

badPINu.pngcLgQXT9.png

Anyhow, no sense in delaying the inevitable: time to go. First, the statboosters.

CfJSfQ2.png

I really don't like this chapter. It's like the other chapter 17, but .

OnF2Weh.pngJ8OnK2J.png

The enemy approaches, but little did they know what we have Dougy on our side! Dougy, the man who will not leave his king's side!

P0TjwLy.pngZDUt1QA.png

He'll be doing some tanking. See, Dougy's great in Sacae because, even though everything doubles him, few can actually damage him, because nomads are weak.

KgLIrIp.pngroMXRFm.pngtDXRyI1.png

Like so. These guys are able to do some damage, but it's as if they couldn't.

bTgojU4.pngBN4r317.pngk024GLu.png

Ditto for Saul.

KRcmVsl.png1EZfGRP.png

And after the usual useless javelin spam (with a slight variation)...

WMv9XlF.png

Time to give 'em what for!

WEwb6ZQ.png

The observant reader might've noticed that this time, I did give Tate her Delphi shield. This means that these guys have no chance in hell to hurt her.

cviZGKz.pngmc58Nk3.png

Of course, I didn't actually do that, because javelins are bad. Instead, Tate goes to finish off the second of the Cavaliers who attacked Dougy.

6FDp88e.png

Speaking of whom... doggone it, Dougy! Don't do that! You had WTA!

C9t0Cf9.png

Friendly reminder that Marcus is still here. He's starting to need more advanced weaponery to keep up, but... he's still fuckin' here!

fvDzh1n.pngFGmdy3Y.png

The Destroyers of Elimine attack, to varying degrees of success. Magic is everything? I think not. Bows are everything!

z0bkM6W.pngFgwwT3D.png

Oh, shiet, this guy can reach Roy. Game over?

rYhKU5d.png

Well, before that, let's hit this guy, failing to kill him because Lot can't double him. That's all right, doubling in Sacae is something only Rutger could've pulled off, and as we know...

MtsJpf0.pngA2FBM2D.pngvNYjnNd.pngiAX1X0O.png

We get this again. Much like last time, since we've got the time, let's visit the houses. Maybe the residents of Talas will have more interesting stuff to say than the residents of Remi.

nZ0jQ2x.png7EVshDo.pngCKNCDaL.pngso0WXdm.png

Wait, I thought Thieves couldn't ransack in GBAFE!

Well, actually, they can. In this one map, they can. Why they didn't use Brigands as usual is beyond me, though, and the fact that they spell it out means we can't have another Horseman situation.

dpEViyX.png

But that's all right. I'd hate to encounter another Horseman situation. I'm still unable to move on from that one.

g1T0KFg.png8EL56sX.pngg5LifN9.png

Well, would you look at that. He may do no damage at all, and his chance to dodge isn't that high, but the fact that Marcus is godly and can support with Boi helps a lot.

What, Lilina? God forbid, Lilina has to get Cecilia to say things because I want to show Cecilia saying things. If I could get all of her supports in this LP, I would, because all of her supports are great, but alas, we'll have to make do.

PJ9FLuA.png4YFuLWO.png

Against physical enemies, magic is indeed everything. Even light magic. With a mag stat of 15, like Saul.

kkIsorG.pngNgksWFk.pngoD1Kr64.png06ZJpaI.png

Booooooring... try harder!

YXRStsI.png

Hah! Fatal mistake, amigo!

rkNs7kW.pngcNZviiF.png

Buh-bye!

uX94osC.pngV3wkQCt.png

This is only worthwhile because I finally, finally, FINALLY managed to get a good Bishop crit frame. Look at that glowing staff! It's beautiful!

k26XBjs.pngRrlKYlp.png

Roy summons his... ergh... crossbow to shoot at a flea he noticed sitting on a blade of grass in order to intimidate his enemies. Then, he conjured his trusty scythe to behead his enemy.

You know what? I just got it. After 35 updates, I just got it. Eliwood's canon bride isn't Ninian (well, sort of), it's Shanoa from Order of Ecclesia, who fled from Ecclesialand after the events of that game and arrived to Elibe after FE7 but before FE6, meeting Eliwood and soothing his pain after Ninian's quick death, eventually becoming his second wife.

That's why Roy can use so many different weapons seemingly for no reason: Shanoa trained him in Ecclesia's Glyph arts. That's how he's able to summon so many weapons whenever he sees fit. He's just not as good at it as Shanoa. Not nearly so.

This also means Barlowe canonically existed in the LP's universe, which makes things even more confusing than they already were. So we got Barlowe, who's dead, then there's Ruben who looked exactly like Barlowe, and now there's Ruben who looks a little like Morgan, who had a similar facial expression to Barlowe, meaning we've gone full circle.

Fuckin' hell, my head's spinning.

TJMsY43.pngMAUVQlt.png

Marcus gets hit, but he's too good for the likes of this Mage.

jrZCWyO.png

Oh, crap, I hope the doesn't have a horseslayer...

KdPuSwi.png

Pfft! Talk about convenient.

Mp7HC5O.pngRiQCgTv.pngAC6pt3d.png

Hugh electrocutes a Nomad to death. Lilina... Lilina's trying, okay?

nHXf2Nh.png2sv1dRz.pngvpthTAM.pngwsGbCxa.png

Yes, there's at least somebody, unless it's one of those "huh there's noone here oh look an item" sort of deals. I can't remember, I think I bothered to save that village a grand total of one time, and that was years ago.

DkC6eby.png

What's up with the RNG today? Can you people stop missing already?

PmejR9d.png

Apparently not! Although in this case, it was just that Lot couldn't double him.

rutDE2m.png

Man, these guys are pathetic. They may double half of my army, but what good is that when half of my army also has General-level defense?

JuBcs8f.png3UpSyzG.png

Seriously, if there's something I can't fault my team for, it's defense. I've got a very defensive team, save for Lilina and Dorothy, and the latter doesn't even need the defense, she and Saul are my dodgiest units.

pp8SO8K.png

Igrene doesn't have her dodging prowess, but makes up for it by having better defense. They're both good, I'm glad to have 'em on board instead of Sue's brother.

j6gUItL.pngGw1xW3C.png

I feel like I should've managed the teams differently.

Gm856c7.pngpTJzb7f.png6Bznp2u.png

That wasn't very interesting. These guys are so bad! The only interesting thing is that, unlike in Ilia, where everyone in the enemy team was apparently from Bern (even the Pegasi!), here we're fighting three factions at once, Arcardo's troops, Brenja's reinforcements and the Sacaean traitors. That's it.

4lwu5Rs.png74k5PfU.png

Hmmmm... no, I've got a different idea.

UzLljYp.png

Yey, +1 damage! That was worth trimming 10% off of his hit chance!

wqa8z6Y.pngOPJnaIE.pngQtJMYVK.pngquPpZZB.png

That's been the enemy, folks. If you had something really important to say to them... I'm sorry.

LFxOHio.pngkOAmuGi.pngE2zPoe8.pngl1n9Qxy.png

Roy, his mentor and the army's pervert team up to destroy the Wyvern Rider. Well, if anything, it seems I'm getting real lucky with the Bishop shots today. Let's hope that luck isn't being siphoned out of the army's chances to survive the battle...

ptnoTxI.png

Although, if someone like Wade or Saul has to die at some point, I'd rather they died now, because they'd have a second chance to do better.

Xj5w2Q9.png

Cool! Nice throw, Dougy!

T5CyBym.png

...already?

tLL9sdY.png

Yep! If you don't get to the village at turn 5, you aren't saving it. And I mean to the village: since, unlike Brigands, Thieves are rarely set to attack (and these guys aren't an exception, believe me), you can't even use the old "distract the plunderer with a unit" trick. You either send a flier to the village at full speed (and possibly get them killed because FoW), or you lose the village.

by5V6ez.png

Marcus is healed by Saul. That's the extent of this turn's northern action.

0vElIkA.pngbE840C0.pngOcM8lJl.pngSob1RoL.png

Aside from that, we have Hugh striking a dramatic pose after killing a nomad, Lot and Sue engaging in trading shenanigans, and Astolfo leveling up.

FicQyq9.png

Dougy will not allow Nomad Troopers to cross his bridge!

VWECsLz.png

Oh, look! Enemies from behind! Now that's a laugh.

d9dJHa5.png

Bwahahahaahahahahah! Is there any limit to the AI's idiocy?

7Ko61se.pngbFqBvf3.pngfszWhOK.png

You thought promoted Nomads would actually pose a challenge to Dougy? Think again. In other news, ranged fighters fail to hit.

V0JnGM2.pngBCb0YwP.pngHhb0jhd.png

Oh, please... Hugh!

x6e7ewc.pngNeaAJhK.png

Why, thanks, Hugh. Now we have to retreat, and it's your fault.

BeVNlR8.pngopsVeaS.png

Nomad down. Another to go.

ldQfSNA.pngJLcIuJJ.pngoqrj1m9.png

I rescue-chain Hugh back into the fray, screw up, and rescue him to safety again. His huge con means Lilina can't even drop him. Excellent...

ueWzPC8.png48fP7zN.png

Oh, look, a Thief. Let's avenge that village now, shall we?

vB2F9Iv.pngvG5NRv9.png3IvcOoH.png

Tate takes double the amount of attacks Sue faces in this turn. Good thing, too, since Sue is nowhere near as good at anything as Tate.

UTe93zx.pngZAUHILF.png

Aside from that, Roy keeps on cementing his position as the greatest bolting dodger this side of Elibe.

fjSPkaS.pngkLdBKUa.pngikDWcT9.png

Thief down. Not thanks to Marcus, but don't you worry, you're still great, Jeigan.

Q2C3KTx.pngXgn3Ne2.pngezyjjvD.pngGHCO5r1.png

The southern team, too, brings people down.

xbbqZnD.pngdg2FXDi.pnguf5jgbx.png

Only one enemy left, and he can't reach our slow-ass Sages.

A8DOK1B.png

In yet another detail that makes this chapter more annoying than the last, Astolfo did not get around to stealing an elixir. If anybody had one, I didn't notice it. That means he'll have to sit there until the end of the chapter so a healer can double back to his position and heal him up. Excellent.

gb1Bby9.png

Cutting it a little too close... a bit more, and you'll be trapped with us.

3cDBYE2.pngcTak95y.png

Ah, shit! Lilina! Don't get hit, you can't take it!

vxghmxP.png

Even the levels are worse. Yeah... unless the next few Ilia chapters go really badly (and I mean REALLY badly), I severely doubt Sacae will amount to anything other than to allow for Matthis to show off.

oz9r9Xg.pngnXzy2ZH.pngcs0X3dU.png2BS48LW.png

An Archer attacks a flier, a flier attacks an Archer, not much more happens.

Ms92sqU.png

...aside from Roy further proving my previous statement about him was true.

cs7Jf9B.pngTDco1Ip.pnglluAlpi.pngh8XYbVJ.png

Lot and Igrene perform some marksmanship stunts. Igrene is more successful, however, so Hugh is forced to help Lot out. I missed a screenshot, but really, do you care about who chipped the Nomad down for Hugh to take the kill?

baKUbQz.pngKc0ThNh.png8L8kCHQ.pngJgOBaV5.png

Some heals and a bit of combat later, another turn ends. Tate will be heading ahead to behead the Ballistician, who's in over his head.

Heh... heheh... head.

NIAt60R.png

As for-- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Xedzi5x.png

Crap! Run!

K5Z9MI0.png

Thank God for the village. Astolfo should be able to last long enough for Cecilia to physic him.

iFqtPZu.png5L6HbMQ.png2ET3li0.pngNa5NQBG.png

The northern team does not do much of note.

Bq2RbsW.png

Oh, you've got to be kidding me... what's next? Is he going to get hit by the bolting asshat, too?

Well, I definitely hope not, because that'd be the end of Boi. It's been a very long time since I last had to reset because of Roy dying, and I'd rather it stayed that way.

NwOEuZi.pngznmznDV.png

It's a good thing he's as skilled at dodging boltings as he is.

t8VWmy4.png3DAeLmQ.png

Okay, Cecilia, time to ruin the Cavalier's day!

WxpwHRz.png

That was too close.

Bdlpzw7.png

Level for Hugh.

nqCe6nx.png

Ah, shucks, it's that one level you know you're going to miss when you scrap the alternative route. Of course he'd get speed now.

eeoyNpw.pngREM3zDq.png0hBQWid.png

Igrene, with the help of Dougy, kills a guy, earning the ability to use silver bows. Klein officially has nothing on her. Pretty sure this happened on the other route, too, but since I skipped half of that one...

B59ci5N.pngBSQrsPW.pngCkmRIuL.png8utFNEy.png

Spot the mistake. Should be quite obvious.

WFCpwCI.pngwv1HbDE.png

Sigh... yep, I forgot to heal Roy up in order to send Saul to get experience. Saul is a level 15 promoted unit, and he has both of his weapon ranks capped at S. What was I thinking...?

Wut7iHH.pngoFt3Mdr.png

Quite frankly, I deserved that one.

hiImZxl.png

Eh. Still better than losing a real unit.

UkE8r0R.png

aEoVCLz.png

Swordfighter my ass, he's anything but a swordfighter!

Oh, well... next time, we'll beat this damned chapter and get to the plot, which is what we all came here for. Right...?

...ah, of course not, you're here to see me fail. Well, are you happy? Hell, here, let's see that again!

Wut7iHH.pngoFt3Mdr.pnghiImZxl.png

Amazing. See you next time, guys.

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

*Discharged

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 6

KIcncMb.png

Okay, this is not the turn I expected.

Rormand's not a general for one. Clearly more intelligent than expected.

E9HDb3g.pnglrSeHMQ.pngH7odL7Z.png

Arcardo, you don't realise you signed your death warrent, didya?

Rormand is quite clearly annoyed.

Dougy will walk the distance, slowly but surely. Emphasis on "slowly".

7 move and 9 spd.

Spectacular.

More like too late. If chapter 7 didn't make me snap, nothing will.

"But Ruben, chapter 14x--"

Shut your trap, you!

I meant too soon after the last time.

It's a scripted battle! By that logic, Seth should've died at the beginning of FE8! Motherfuckin' Seth!

Well, Seth is Seth.

You can't argue with how broken he is in general.

He told Gale to defeat a brave bow Sniper with capped stats.

He rigged the RNG to dodge every shot and hit every one of his own.

Murdock was mildly impressed.

Gale was initially confused at Murdock's reaction of course, Murdock's face never changes expression.

Not since he thought Zephiel died.

Oh my God, that was a roast worthy of Murdock's mild amusement. I applaud you, Dainy!

Why thank you-

Wait, I'm not Dainy!

I think a lot of people have screamed for Clarine over the course of this LP.

ylkCmcp.pngMpQ4Khs.pngOJBitcy.png

Hahahah! Hell yeah, fictional characters are such easy pickings, they literaly cannot fight back unless you make them!

You would know that wouldn't you?

Would you believe that, originally, I had Arcardo find an elixir just lying around, but then stumbled upon Morgan's portrait and thought to myself "oh, right, this guy exists and I established him as being alive in that one joke scene! He'll be the one to save Arcardo! Genius!"?

It is a good use of continuity.

1hIxrsw.pngEFtS8LP.pngW2BW6sZ.png

Man, for the next LP I really need to find a GBAFE font for Office or something. It's a good way to know what's custom dialogue and what isn't, but... so is the fact that I'm using characters that don't belong in this game and defenestrating the original plot to make way for my shitty self-insert (friendly reminder that one Ruben ceased to be truly relevant to the plot when Matthis and Frost arrived and the other's fucking dead because I absolutely LOVE myself), and that doesn't stand out in the same outrageously obnoxious way as the huge font!

Well, I'm still doubtful that Ruben's relevance is gone just yet.

EaODtGl.pngPdI29U2.pngpwcdeiT.png

There's also the fact that she does not destroy Roartz and Arcardo, which automatically makes this scene inferior to Murderdock's version.

...seriously, though, how did Narcian make it into Heroes, but not Murdock? I know it's a really awkward moment to ask this question, but I must know! Why Narcian but not Murdock, or at least Brunja?!

Narican has the power of memes.

Explains how Wrys got in over best cleric.

1zTxroa.png2fDn5Ov.pngESO4LmR.png

m5h7PLI.pngkDYR28i.png

I kept those two lines (slightly edited, obviously she only mentioned "a child" in the original dialogue) because they're quite amazing. Not Murdock amazing, but quite great on its own right.

Never forget the hardships of Matthis.

1KMl2vH.pngFKgVWiD.png

Frost, you know as well as I do that this was needed with recent events.

This map. There's an extra village here, but it's almost impossible to get to that one. Seriously! There are a bunch of dangerous enemies between it and our starting position, it gets plundered in pretty much no time at all, and the reward isn't even worth the trouble.

Aside from that, we got ballistas, bolting assholes, wyverns, reinforcements that appear from behind (see that fort above Sue?)... but this time, there's fog, so there's always a fear of doing anything because an asshole could pop out of nowhere and kill a squishy. It's harder than Ilia's chapter 17, and while not the hardest chapter we've encountered, still quite annoying. I don't like it, honestly.

Yeah, this chapter's annoying.

You still need a flier for it too because of that village with Eclipse (I had to look it up, though to be fair it would be totally useful).

fvDzh1n.pngFGmdy3Y.png

The Destroyers of Elimine attack, to varying degrees of success. Magic is everything? I think not. Bows are everything!

Again, Brave Lyn proves that quite handily.

Wait, I thought Thieves couldn't ransack in GBAFE!

Well, actually, they can. In this one map, they can. Why they didn't use Brigands as usual is beyond me, though, and the fact that they spell it out means we can't have another Horseman situation.

I'm pretty sure they can, just that they usually don't get the opportunity.

Well, would you look at that. He may do no damage at all, and his chance to dodge isn't that high, but the fact that Marcus is godly and can support with Boi helps a lot.

What, Lilina? God forbid, Lilina has to get Cecilia to say things because I want to show Cecilia saying things. If I could get all of her supports in this LP, I would, because all of her supports are great, but alas, we'll have to make do.

Is Cecilia supporting Douglas as well?

hiImZxl.png

Eh. Still better than losing a real unit.

Boi would not be happy to hear that.

Either way, should we place all bets for Roy deaths on Sacae?

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

, even if you disappear for no reason every now and then.

It's not "for no reason", it was because I had people over and my shitty internet wouldn't load the damned page!

Because you dumb and can't be arsed to read the update thoughoutly to find more interesting things to comment?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Dougy, the man who will not leave his king's side!

DWNLHKS(Douglas Will Not Leave His Kings Side)counter: 3.

You've brought this upon yourself.

znmznDV.png

I'd say we've got another team member for the Elibe Olympics, but I can't think of any discipline that involves dodging lightning. Dodgeball maybe?

18 hours ago, Franp3 said:
  On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't be too hard on her! After all, lightning never strikes twice in the same place (I just discovered this is Pretzelshit, apparently it can actually happen). Also, wow! Lightning didn't strike twice in the same place in a Fire Emblem game!

SCcCKnH.pngacyChih.png

yLkjleE.pngUUutxbV.pnggZbjH7o.png

ZceiuuM.png52tC4it.png

b9jdqq5.png

0pUropk.png

nRduW9V.png

pt4ykfO.png

7IpOB0j.pngMhrW028.png

LzgGoIi.pngVU5Byw9.png

ksyiONl.pngb4olr4i.pngIV7Bjm4.png

66o1raZ.png0iCBREc.png

MYzsxWN.pngs5tlgx7.png

Ix02X7g.png7uJqdoj.pngYbysDME.png

FC7FXg1.pngJ4U6m5c.pngMwSdVTQ.png

mz6RMLW.pngnvitdpq.pngwwzOwiW.png

CpAMIRG.png

BAENqgk.pngOcKWYm1.png

ZY6vXEU.png

L7kIIq7.pngyASF67x.png

igCw26G.png

QzbfzMK.png

B1eXrLs.png

96NGDIC.png

T2dsUmT.pngY4z88ZY.png

vOpfzo0.png

eWwC6YE.pngarMaY87.png

4Aryrxm.png5TWbTB6.png

pGlkBbm.png

k6BEHPm.pngujs75WK.png

Godn4J3.pngP5Bl87v.png

viJk6hm.pngJP19d8P.pngNiVGPeD.png

5ohnFpp.pngb3AptIa.png

S4Dk0F7.png

gsskPJw.png

WaYSlZB.png

VVZG7jz.pngEbsIy0N.pngmnwsg22.png

CRFVsO8.pngXUB4nkD.png

FAFyf8c.pngzUi4wxM.png

zzI0ylK.png

JnirdTt.pngdNKF3Dj.png

Nc7lEr2.png

a9qfwml.pngvwMVcaG.png

6z2bZZl.png3YKyKSQ.png

ksemYlA.png

Part 34 - Off the record.

The time has finally come: soon, I'll finally be able to say I've beaten another game of this series I claim to love!

It's Shadow Dragon. Recently, a patch was released that unlocks the prologue in harder difficulties and removes the unit slaughter requirement for the gaiden chapters, as well as fixing the Ymir movement bug in the original gaiden patch. Due to this, I decided it was time to finally get around to finishing that one. Of course, I mantained the totally official canon, meaning Cain fell as a sacrifice to ensure Marth's escape, and Gordin was defeated by the border guard, being replaced by Norne. All according to IntSys's plan.

In light of this, I propose to you a little game: try to guess my team! I'm up to chapter 16 at the moment. Go ahead!

On 9/4/2018 at 7:45 PM, Dayni said:

Okay, this is not the turn I expected.

Rormand's not a general for one. Clearly more intelligent than expected.

He's more of a decent human being than his brother, at least.

Arcardo, you don't realise you signed your death warrent, didya?

Rormand is quite clearly annoyed.

And he's capable of doubling Morgan, so... I can definitely understand why Shit-jacket was so scared.

7 move and 9 spd.

Spectacular.

He quote-on-quote "amazes" you, Dayni?

I meant too soon after the last time.

Right, right.

Well, Seth is Seth.

You can't argue with how broken he is in general.

No, but Valter doubles him at base in Normal and Hard mode both. There is no denying that he would not have lived if Valter wasn't such a deranged sadist and decided not to end the war right then and there.

Gale was initially confused at Murdock's reaction of course, Murdock's face never changes expression.

Not since he thought Zephiel died.

Come to think about it, he's one of those guys who don't age at all... he barely looks different from his FE7 self!

Why thank you-

Wait, I'm not Dainy!

Heheheheheh... sorry.

You would know that wouldn't you?

Hwahahahah! Why would you say that?

It is a good use of continuity.

Yes, I am quite proud of that turn of events.

Well, I'm still doubtful that Ruben's relevance is gone just yet.

Hmm...

Narican has the power of memes.

Explains how Wrys got in over best cleric.

Actually, no, it doesn't. The explanation of why Wrys got in over best cleric is that Wrys IS best cleric! Or, well, curate. A humble curate who cannot fight, but that staff he carries can heal the wounded. Take him with you, and you'll be very glad you did.

Narcian, on the other hand, may have more screentime than Murdock, but he's got nothing on him. Nothing. They could've added him as well, at least! Or, hell, Brunja too, and we'd gotten all three Generals in time for Zephiel's eventual arrival!

Never forget the hardships of Matthis.

Let's take a moment to remember them...

On 28/7/2017 at 12:00 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Hopefuly, I won't have to settle for using Matthis or Frost or anything like that.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:40 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

qjFUw7N.png

Today, we reclass only one person. Everyone's least favourite buffoon will be taking our Growth Drop. I hope I'll be able to turn him into something great. His growths as Mercenary should certainly make that a possibility.

On 15/8/2017 at 2:35 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I swear this guy is so great.

On 31/8/2017 at 1:15 AM, Franp3 said:

Dracoknight!Matthis isn't killed by a silver bow sniper and MU can't double a general. This has become quite the strange LP.

On 12/9/2017 at 2:04 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

D4E6uSA.png

Matthis, my best unit for almost the entire game.

He was God for almost the entire game. An irreplacable unit, and I'm glad I used him. It was a lot of fun.

'Twas quite the journey, indeed. But Matthis the Invincible evaded all obstacles in his way to greatness!

On 11/9/2017 at 2:17 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

curwQwx.png

...r....k...ggghhh...

u...raaarrgh....rrrgh...kch...

Oh, shut up, that never happened. I refuse to believe it did! Yes, I am in denial! I'm happy to be, all right? Don't you dare burst my bubble, you... stupid audience!

Anyway, as I was saying, Matthis the Invincible evaded all obstacles in his way to greatness. But his journey was only beginning: tune in to follow the adventures of everyone's most hated Archanean character in Elibe in this Let's Play of FE6!

Frost, you know as well as I do that this was needed with recent events.

Ah, let him be humble. He can't hope to be as humble as our favourite humble curate who cannot fight, but etc., etc., but let him try at least.

Yeah, this chapter's annoying.

You still need a flier for it too because of that village with Eclipse (I had to look it up, though to be fair it would be totally useful).

I did try to get it this time... more on that later.

Again, Brave Lyn proves that quite handily.

THE ANIME!

I'm pretty sure they can, just that they usually don't get the opportunity.

Save for this chapter, because it was more inconvenient this way, and as we know, IntSys strives for inconvenience.

Is Cecilia supporting Douglas as well?

Nah, just Lilina. Dougy's got Igrene.

Boi would not be happy to hear that.

Either way, should we place all bets for Roy deaths on Sacae?

Go ahead, I'll do my best to defeat you.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:33 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

Ruben you fool, I'm already gay! Brunja's just not my type.

This is a christian thread! Get outta here!

Heheheheheh... don't ban meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Now seriously, that's perfectly all right. What is your type, though? You know what they say, great minds think alike, and since my mind is greatamazing... totally... let's see if we think alike!

On 10/4/2018 at 4:28 AM, Franp3 said:

It's not "for no reason", it was because I had people over and my shitty internet wouldn't load the damned page!

What, is your internet powered by a fat mouse on a wheel?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Yours is a great mind, then, as we both thought that you were dumb. And, again, since my mind is greatamazing... totally...

...wait, something isn't right...

DWNLHKS(Douglas Will Not Leave His Kings Side)counter: 3.

You've brought this upon yourself.

No, Dougy did. Now you'll disappear and the counter will become severely outdated like the rest.

Well, someone's happy to see Hugh prevail over Lilina.

I'd say we've got another team member for the Elibe Olympics, but I can't think of any discipline that involves dodging lightning. Dodgeball maybe?

Nah, that wouldn't work. He needs Marcus by his side to dodge efficiently, and I don't think supports would be allowed in the Olympics. They're like drugs, except it's people instead.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:07 PM, Goddess Serra said:

Don't be too hard on her! After all, lightning never strikes twice in the same place (I just discovered this is Pretzelshit, apparently it can actually happen). Also, wow! Lightning didn't strike twice in the same place in a Fire Emblem game!

Pretzelshit. Bwahahahahahahah... Pretzelshit. Hah hah! I love it. I think the guy just died again the moment you said that. Which makes me really happy. Five points for you!

On 11/4/2018 at 2:34 AM, eclipse said:

I may have had a crush on Murdock way back when.

You did, huh~? Uhhh~! Interesting!

...I can completely understand, the guy's awesome. But I never said that! I ain't gay! B-baka...!

Blistering barnacles, now I hate myself for being such a gay weaboo... but at least I'm not gay!

On 11/4/2018 at 2:16 PM, Goddess Serra said:

Moderator gossip! That's CRAZY! (Just kidding)

I, however, kid not! Everybody, let it be known: Eclipse likes Muuuurdooooock! Eclipse likes Muuuuuurdooooock!

In all seriousness, I love how that one sentence about Murdock and being gay singlehandedly managed to turn this thread into Serenes' Thread Of Love, Waifus and Husbandos.

Spoiler

8WiM2bH.pnggeOSICE.png

Okay, let's try this again. Tate will be heading to the village, and hopefully, noone will try beheading her while she passes by.

Oa4pL93.png

As for the others-- Jesus Chirst on a bike, 60% hit?! On my nomad!?

mXqnpOQ.png

Right, her speed sucks ass... good Lord, Sue, you're so goddamn bad.

B6GZcQZ.png

Saul fares better. The granddaughter of the famed Silver Wolf, and one of the very few survivors of the Djute's betrayal, outclassed by the Elimine church's official pervert. How... marvelous.

SC8hypJ.png

Tate proceeds towards the village. I'm worried, but she's got 14 defense. She'll probably make it.

tPXY5Qr.png8r9Zob6.png

Lilina! You...!

YAX4k8Y.png

...keep it up, girl! Right on!

NUl95t9.pngY4WvraM.png

And the rest is history.

rWuyjmv.pngilZNxB1.pngLp5ffWD.png

Some rescue shenanigans later, I'm... not sure how to handle this. Stupid supports! I can't send a team in with just Hugh for a healer! Ideally, I'd split Lilina and Cecilia up, but... I like that +3 offense that doesn't exist in this route yet!

QLllxe2.pngw4QPsQf.png9LDt6xr.pngi8WJAun.png

Just as last time, Dougy tanks everything.

k1FLqQB.pngOwGtIlz.pnglPdN1VJ.pngfQ3CWfK.png

While Dorothy and Tate dodge everything, so does Saul (even though he didn't need to do it) and Lilina gets roasted.

KJVmNqf.png

Rest assured, she roasts her roaster back.

okxx70q.pngARa0nND.png

We've one more turn to save the village, and that's exactly the amount of time it'll take Tate to get there. Honestly, for how horrible it is to reach this place, they could've put a better reward in it. Like, I don't know, Aura, or Fenrir, or a Silver Longbow, or Tomas.

cclStcv.png8n98CrY.pngjsdsLH6.png

Alas, we'll just have to press on. That's not a crit, it's just Saul yawning after lightly scratching the Mage.

14ZltSU.png1cMV0ew.pngYJ28SIz.png

Jeez, Sue, you need help. She didn't even hit him critically the second time around!

yqQ43Tc.png

Lilina, this is not as good as the time you got speed in the other route, or, hell, your level in the failed attempt of this chapter, for that matter!

RmQ3C0w.png

See, Sue? See the old guy who should've been benched 14 chapters ago?

K5JtSGU.png

THIS is how you do it! You put a good amount of FORPHERAE behind your strike!

ruKtkAn.pngTWRXyUS.pngNv4Jyz1.png

Holy moly, Lot doubles nomads.

MUMXGDg.png

For all the good it does him.

19BuA0o.pngYuH6gZx.png

That was such a succesful turn, I can barely believe it!

Kc1qhsG.png8kK9Bmg.pngIMhKzGU.png

The wounded enemies help the army destroy them by throwing themselves into harm's way.

eUf4PUo.pngjp7PpRq.png

Then, holy shit that hit chance is too high and so is that damage and OH MY FUCKING GOD 3% CRIT RUN!

2TuVa7E.png

I find it quite hilarious how, despite having WTA, this guy has the same hitrate as the axereaver asshole, who suffers from a beefed-up WTD.

phGUZqS.pngWY5iV4I.pngCF9SL10.png75GQOIb.png

Sue fails, Lot is invincible as usual, and Hugh does quite well.

ei6awr8.png

Then this happens. Healers are so annoying...

bIlt1ha.png

Okay, we've made it! We already know the reward sucks ass, so let's instead hope the dialogue's worth the trouble.

lMlVnoZ.png

It's this guy again. Off to a great start, I see.

wTSlCUI.pngfL6hj1l.pngzGisbKt.png

You know, this whole "isolated village" deal doesn't really work when this village is closer to Castle Remi than the other one was. Heck, there's even a clear path from here to the castle, without any mountains or rivers or anything in the way! My dick is more isolated than this shithole!

That was foul, please accept my apologies.

...not!

jWB4bRj.png6tGEs8A.png4E1zK3n.png

That was not worth risking Tate's life. This could've been a good moment to use the rescue staff, but I didn't take it because I'm dumb like that.

WMIYmHs.pngjNmel7c.png

Dorothy massacres a Mage, while Saul--- Saul! Why does this keep happening?!

6EpmCj7.png

Well then, Sue. It's your chance to shine! Get this extremely easy kill!

o3X03U6.pnglQ4pIxd.png

Dougy and Igrene utilize their weapons to put an end to this Nomad's nomading. Meanwhile, the Western Reapers...

6Y60e8H.pngmqdKypj.png

...skip this guy to death?

CZrbTVH.png

Eh, whatever worths for yHOLY SHIT THE NOMAD CAN REACH LILINA! NOOOO! SHE CAN'T TAKE A HIT, LET ALONE TWO!

2hXTc8S.png

It ain't your time to go see Daddy yet, girl! I've things for you to do!

CR5utkD.png

Baaaah! Annoying!

XjGA5qn.png

Eh, it does not matter. This should suffice.

DB6AcvI.png2BehNof.pnghglJu8O.png

No! Tate! Dodge! Duck! Dance! Run away! Leave the unicorn behind as a decoy! DO A BARREL ROLL! THAT ALWAYS WORKS!

BMTQhlj.pngkNtKiSZ.png

Of course, and they heal him as well.

I53bBvt.png

There is but one escape route: straight down

qmTFy4h.png

I pray nobody pounces on her from within the mist...

et7txZO.pngYbCmPpP.pngAmbqIxZ.png

Bah, we'll worry about that when it becomes an inmediate problem. For now, let's marvel at Lot's superior marksmanship. Amazing, is it not?

c26RGJO.png

Marcus and our Boi will be heading back to the northern side of the map: with the Western Reapers there, the southern team needs no reinforcing. Hugh will go with them, so we get two healers for each team.

L3dFEsP.png

Like so.

rX3eOiL.png

Dougy, please... don't do that. I want you to be good.

o7XJQXi.pngVltgO4s.png

Well... worth a shot, I'd say.

DoWUIOE.png

Okay, no, it wasn't, but I took the chance nonetheless. Hey, gotta spice things up, am I right? Besides, it worked out!

5XLPpAO.pngewUjtmQ.png

Movin' forward!

SCAsT2K.pngZGQDo9B.png

Ah-ha! See? When the time comes to take a hit, Cecilia is unmatched by her competition! Case in point, the fact that she's still breathing, and damn well at that, whereas...

3Dti6Ep.pngJk0y4zY.png

XAINznv.pngDR68qZj.png

Blistering barnacles, more enemies?! Tate!!

Y1zKtNr.pngVKfK67K.pngrMtnrqo.png

Fools! You don't stand a

mTLbxCz.png

TAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

EoXmEhG.png

Run! Run! Run for your life! Or, fly, or whatever! Just do something! I don't want you to die!

1sJmsHZ.png

Argh... can't reach.

Bc8NDas.pngQNJ6NjC.png

No! Still can't reach! She'll have to last another turn... but I'm confident she'll be able to: after all, there are only four Wyverns that we know of, and two of them have been left behind by her already.

ecXV82S.png8Dty1OB.pngTNOqJWW.png

Through a series of careful military tactics, I am able to have Igrene attack and build up her support with Dougy in the same turn.

FreCLAv.pngKb9XKCz.png

Meanwhile, the Destroyers of Elimine break some more of their saintly vows by murdering people.

ldPexvS.pngBQF9t6y.pngP3pAkzK.png

C'mon, she's almost there! She just has to survive this one turn! You've gotten through worse situations than this one, Tate! I know you can do it!

mysrTrD.png

I hope that's not Tate getting hit by the flashbang...

OK7LEDh.png

Oh, crap, it was! No!

Mjpi2ws.png

Ah, good Lord in heaven... it's all right, she would've survived.

iw4drlI.pnggNoSwgz.png

Oh, for crying out loud...

ILc2gfU.png

AND SO, THE RNG TAKES YET ANOTHER ONE OF MY ARMY'S LIVES! GOOD FUCKIN' RIDDANCE! I LOVE THIS GAME!

1liMPAn.png

Maybe this'll turn out to be a premature claim, but I think we can safely cross this army out, right? Not only did they get far better levels in the Ocean's Parting, Tate is 8 levels higher and she's alive.

pp8v7j1.png

Hell, even Sue's situation is better there. Those last few levels she got were awesome.

KMnl0bs.pngWDUQchC.png

You guys have no idea how nice it feels to be able to think "okay, it's not a problem, there's still Ilia". This may be the world's most lenient Ironman run ever, but you know what? I'm glad it is. The game won't have an Aum-like staff to revive Treck? Then I shall not play by the rules, either! It... totally evens out, does it not?!

uFiNcMW.pngEqLHS1Q.png

Ohhhh, my! A crit! Spoooooooooooooky~!

h7S6qNI.pngm4raYQH.png

Pffft... ohhhh, my! Another crit! Even spoooooooooooookier~!

iga1rnz.png

6 damage! SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIEST!!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Dougy isn't so bad, actually.

IcVV3EL.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That does it! He's so dead, I already sent a ham to his widow! A POISONED HAM! THAT WON'T KILL HER, BECAUSE IF IT DID, HE'D BE ABLE TO REUNITE WITH HER IN HELL AND I REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING FOR HIM THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE SUFFERING!

6uPImgf.png

There you are, you miserable... miscreant!

w49y4Lh.pngoEShEVg.pngCbDEEUO.png

Ah, see, guys? This right here is a prime example of why mounts and mov is the most important thing to have in FE.

KBhUmoC.png

Yeah... if you have a mount, you literally need nothing else!

ehkdvIl.png

Well failed, Sue. And now, you may use your canto to do nothing significant! I love mounted units!

NNMMaqP.png

Show her how it's done, Jeigan!

VemLti7.pngGkOt5i6.png

FOR PHERAEEEEE! HELL YES!

nDuAAj9.png

...oh, crap. I should've just used her to rescue him, shouldn't I?

hWIC9KS.png9ZOJQ8x.png

Well, that's been Astolfo, folks. It's not such a big deal, we've still got Ilia. Move on, guys, straight back to failing at your jobs! We paid ten thousand bucks for this...

6ZRYOvM.pngtQTPjKj.pngYih5K76.pngnp4rL7u.png

Saul finishes the job. Down south, Dougy fails to hit a Mamluke, while Igrene fails to hit him critically.

t7Ayhj9.png3iFywob.pngsu6P0cw.png

Goodness gracious, it's like Sacae is actively sapping my army's combat prowess... they steamrolled the Ocean's Parting! What the hell happened?!

WK9fYnb.png

The time has come to wave this great man goodbye.

8DEn8Jn.png

...holy crap, he just refuses to die, doesn't he? How many times has he narrowly avoided death now? Four? He almost got killed in Arcadia, then barely dodged a deadly purging in Aquleia, and now these two. Astolfo, you're awesome.

thq65g3.png

Hah! Outclassed! Jeigan is far too strong for the likes of you!

FXLOtov.pnggQAeTAo.png

BWAHAHAHAH! FOR...

DCxIj1f.png

...Pherae...?

73cY8bQ.png

FOR PHERAE, YES!

3eDcpKE.png

Dougy, why? Why couldn't you have let that dodge be Tate's? You didn't need to dodge that one! She did!

i1EfDJ4.png

Ah, for fuck's sake, are they going to take Sue as well!? No! If Sue dies, I have to reset, because she still needs to be alive for the Mulgreis!

Which is rather interesting, since Tate and Shanna don't have to be alive to go to Ilia's gaiden, just Jerrot and Juno.

7ug0qWw.png

But I digress. Sue has finally succeeded at something, we must pay good attention to this rare occurrence.

9rEoqbs.png

No crits this time from this guy. Not that they would've done much: he's taken like a thousand arrows, two of which were critical, and they've barely gotten through the first half of his Health Bar. Pathetic!

MBWxGcT.png

Okay, let's start attacking the Maml--

...oh, surely you jest!

3ptxrSi.png

I've no time to waste on rabble like yourself. Die!

urKlNcy.png

You as well!

xg6F6sz.png3AyhbT6.png

None shall live! Tate's death will be avenged!

43kT4Yi.png

Oh, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...!

TbfMnqF.pngi59OhMs.png

Well, at any rate, we're making progress.

EscILdi.pngUDgq1Ws.png

Sue, no! Don't be so bad! Defy the odds!

7qN2SDX.pngAmoWUF6.png

...t-thank you... thank you very much... kch... aauugh...!

o4sBWB0.pngVSBVE4o.png

Everybody is alive, somehow. No, I can't begin to believe it either!

CvoNu2v.pngT6U7vwz.pngg94eBR5.pngNjovbje.png

This should be enough to keep her from dying, given the fort's 2 bonus points to defense.

zs6D6SP.png

But just for good measure...

c4nEKuc.png

Rats. Just short of the 1HKO! It's okay, though, what's the chance of him missing one of those?

xQOnUiI.pngH5ZfAo0.png

Even so, I won't take it. Up to you, Dorothy!

dVUmFkf.png

You've been a mild inconvenience at best, but you shall be punished for it also!

6nsoDOK.png7X939Fg.png

Another turn ends.

KvhvYar.pngo5BL2vp.png

Jesus Christ, can we stop getting hit already?!

JgKG6jP.pngb0MNmhP.pngKBmnA7D.pngCkbqWU9.png

Thank you! Damn, this chapter can't end soon enough!

2F81bho.pngMsPsz7M.pngwyNpmP0.pngPJUn0Zg.png

Dorothy's bow breaks, but fear not, for Sue is here to finish the job.

mhmUHga.pngZKZXmKx.pngyhFrpyk.png

Then Marcus sets this kill up for Saul to claim, and that's it for the northern team. Good ol' Jeigan doing what he does best.

3Sqtucf.pngDFfGnEE.pnglksXBug.png6OXp0QK.png

The other team, on the other hand, requires half of its components to kill a measly Cavalier. Granted, Lot could've taken him out on his own easily, but I want the others to get some time in the spotlight, too. I'm using Wade, much unlike sane people, I must make the most out of him.

BajZtZr.png

Lilina finishes off Lot's foolish attacker, and...

Pctb5Xw.png

Remember when I mentioned I don't write down thoughts while I play? Well, here, I made an exception, that's how much this baffled me. I'm not kidding when I say my literal reaction to this was "wait, that's it? No more?". I was expecting a dozen of Wyverns to pounce on us from the fog. After Tate got attacked by a couple of 'em everywhere she tried to go, I assumed there'd be a metric fuckton of the sneaky assholes scattered around the place. But nope, it's over, just like that.

Thank you, FoW, for luring me into thinking there was more. You found a way to disappoint me when I should be feeling relieved.

3Y1gvXI.pngJXFWw3W.png

Well, I guess nothing left but clean-up, then...?

U58X7MP.pngbewxsL4.pngND3bm6o.png

Ah, awesome. Sage crit, everyone! And S anima to boot! Magnificently done, Hugh!

c8DTvsq.pngmZLpN9M.pngQWqlpgB.pngncs61wQ.png

A couple turns later, the last few stragglers lose their heads. Time for a level up!

R7j5dJU.png

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwww, c'mon! Don't torture me like that, I want you to get that in Ilia!

lzEgFd6.pngSUstLvW.png

Ah! Holy crap, don't startle me like that! Where'd you come from?

tVKL80l.png

Ah, I see... isn't it a bit too late to start spawning Nomad reinforcements out of the forts? Winning road's playing!

vmFbQ32.png

I'm not feeling like wasting weapon uses for a handful of EXP points. That Nomad shall be the first and last to surge from those forts!

uaEqbpM.png

And now he's gone! Fast-forward to Arcardo, please...

zxaSvm1.png

Thanks. Arcardo's stats are identical to his Ilia self. However...

mVcP6mG.png

He has a silver lance now, for whatever reason.

Come to think about it, so did Morgan... and Arcardo probably lost his axe when he was beaten in Ilia...

...Jesus Christ, Arcardo, you don't just raid the charred corpse of the guy who saved your life! I know he was boring as fuck, but that isn't a good excuse!

Wait, no, I just checked, Morgan didn't have a silver lance in 11B either. But I find this theory to be fun, so let's consider it LP canon that Arcardo ransacked his subordinate's body and found a silver lance concealed within his... uh... doublet!

NOlVkk6.png

Anyhow, let's begin.

5JY8z8R.pngLHjbanJ.png9Y4iazU.png

Hahahah... what a story, Arcardo!

qNVIIE9.pngNPzMNlQ.pngesq23M7.png

Ballista sprites, because I doubt we'll ever get another chance to see them again. They're cool, I don't understand why they scrapped them in FE7 and 8.

r5moIsj.pngDnxHRvF.pngV3jWbfT.png4Tjhd6K.png

This time around, I had no patience left for setting up a cool, fitting killer for him. Besides, Dougy isn't even here canonically. So let's imagine Wade and Lot here are Matthis and Albertus just kicking Arcardo's ass back and forth.

Hmmmm... in fact, you know what? Since we're at the boss and all, I'll spare you the boring Lot/Wade fighting. Instead, let's see what really, canonically happened there...

g9P9QWK.pngkib5Urm.png

TGdjQaw.png

Yeah... that's more like it!

pBGIRkM.pngupcsqZS.pngGyit4LB.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUURRGHH... all the Morgans in the world couldn't save him from that one...!

P07niBb.pngZJEZfgr.pngJjRRCEy.png

Warning: I toned down the gore here so as not to disturb the audience. In actuality, Arcardo, after being destroyed by Matthis, looked something more like this. Viewer discretion is advised:

Spoiler

jm1wjQa.png

What, were you expecting blood, guts and an overall quite uncouth scene? Like I said, this is a christian thread! Hah hah hah hah!

DDKAGqZ.png

Nice! That's really good! At least he got his 18th point of defense here, too.

That was the third and final level of the update. Yes, I did say final. Not only was this chapter crap, it was crap we barely profited off of.

0TVceqZ.pngxB2gkdn.png

Only a couple things left to do now. Firstly, the supports, again. You want to read them, go back to update 35.

YfSeKmo.pngXakdUmS.pngk3hnmzd.pngEhKgKCx.png

Secondly, Tina's staff.

e5GplOI.pngWA6Ktiq.pngxHtAoWh.png

...and a couple rounds at the arena. Now, here, I could've tried to level Astolfo up to level 20 like in Ilia. However...

...I admit I didn't have any will left to do that. After Tate's death, my motivation to care about Sacae plummeted into the ground at top speed.

0Lmg7Bt.png

So let's just leave and watch the cutscene.

6hLHAUA.png

nuuGSzL.pngwWcr2Mv.pngdiYIgTu.png

WoAFdEp.png

n240apH.pngSf3cMAo.png

3LYkctd.pngHuPATbq.pngEt7o1bl.png

ckFUmCz.pngrjeacpQ.png

pxWZxED.png4Ob7vnt.png

wk9PLAb.png

6ujkZjB.png3tyu8Fj.png

OvmazMV.pngpysI5la.png

NIdSfbo.png0OK584R.png

Tomorrow, we go back to Ilia as we accompany Roy through his first battle in Ilia proper. Until then, I beg that you fare as well as you are capable of. Goodbye!

Meanwhile, in Ilia...

ByEenQM.png

Om0WnQC.png

K2xdBWD.pngcRbzNqY.png

gvC0htN.pngxiKtwZo.png

59NvRTa.pngzjJ5bWH.png

GVwnd2C.png

cqTFjzG.pngg7fnfbv.png

ZzMwlgr.pngiN1NXSw.png

DKQQM2y.pngzNeS4bS.pnglQbhtq5.png

vVFQ8es.png6mQ2Ab6.png

cO4VgdI.png

66YtlbQ.pngAh1nAtC.png

UjPtySI.png

LCCz8Ua.png

To be continued.

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Tate

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 6

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FC7FXg1.pngJ4U6m5c.pngMwSdVTQ.png

Frost the spy?

Makes more sense than some other elderly spies.

S4Dk0F7.png

Michalis once again making things depressing.

That whole situation was.

He quote-on-quote "amazes" you, Dayni?

No, he astounds me.

No, but Valter doubles him at base in Normal and Hard mode both. There is no denying that he would not have lived if Valter wasn't such a deranged sadist and decided not to end the war right then and there.

Seth had plot armour in the form of convenient motivations.

Hwahahahah! Why would you say that?

I don't think I need to say much, considering what happened to a certain food item.....

Actually, no, it doesn't. The explanation of why Wrys got in over best cleric is that Wrys IS best cleric! Or, well, curate. A humble curate who cannot fight, but that staff he carries can heal the wounded. Take him with you, and you'll be very glad you did.

I'd rather a cleric who can heal, warp and wreck Gharnef if you have the patience and luck to level her.

So I thought when I first played SD and thought men couldn't wield Starlight.

Narcian, on the other hand, may have more screentime than Murdock, but he's got nothing on him. Nothing. They could've added him as well, at least! Or, hell, Brunja too, and we'd gotten all three Generals in time for Zephiel's eventual arrival!

Narcian is the most well known. The power of memes and Narcian's early prominence is what got him through (though that doesn't explain Raigh before Lugh)

Anyway, as I was saying, Matthis the Invincible evaded all obstacles in his way to greatness. But his journey was only beginning: tune in to follow the adventures of everyone's most hated Archanean character in Elibe in this Let's Play of FE6!

Hated Archanean unit is not the same as character.

Cancer is in MotE, it's not easy to beat the human representation of cancer.

Go ahead, I'll do my best to defeat you.

Let's see..... I'll bet on 11.

okxx70q.pngARa0nND.png

We've one more turn to save the village, and that's exactly the amount of time it'll take Tate to get there. Honestly, for how horrible it is to reach this place, they could've put a better reward in it. Like, I don't know, Aura, or Fenrir, or a Silver Longbow, or Tomas.

If this were Ilia, it would be the best reward for breaking those walls.

As for this route, I guess Bulgar?

1liMPAn.png

Maybe this'll turn out to be a premature claim, but I think we can safely cross this army out, right? Not only did they get far better levels in the Ocean's Parting, Tate is 8 levels higher and she's alive.

.....Dammit, another one bit it. Sacae strikes again.

t7Ayhj9.png3iFywob.pngsu6P0cw.png

Goodness gracious, it's like Sacae is actively sapping my army's combat prowess... they steamrolled the Ocean's Parting! What the hell happened?!

Even as you argue Douglas's strength, it's trying to break the rest of the army.

Sacae is like the Djute: They are without honour.

Sacae: The soul sucking route.

mVcP6mG.png

He has a silver lance now, for whatever reason.

Come to think about it, so did Morgan... and Arcardo probably lost his axe when he was beaten in Ilia...

...Jesus Christ, Arcardo, you don't just raid the charred corpse of the guy who saved your life! I know he was boring as fuck, but that isn't a good excuse!

Wait, no, I just checked, Morgan didn't have a silver lance in 11B either. But I find this theory to be fun, so let's consider it LP canon that Arcardo ransacked his subordinate's body and found a silver lance concealed within his... uh... doublet!

Arcardo: Willing to use a dead man's weapon.

Scavenging is a necessity sometimes.

g9P9QWK.pngkib5Urm.png

TGdjQaw.png

Albertus, your sprite's real nice. Good job.

P07niBb.pngZJEZfgr.pngJjRRCEy.png

That's a little insensitive, it's probably somewhere to those who live there.

66YtlbQ.pngAh1nAtC.png

Lance, I'm wondering what you could have a teenage boy do to help.

He'd likely want to not be there and complain a lot.

LCCz8Ua.png

Marcus.

Please don't, it hurts to see all the lame ducks as is.

So on to a chapter involving rivers. And ballistae. And bandits.