BR PMU

joshcja

The one where I can't spam Odin.

So the Rev PMU was pretty fun, figure I'll go through the games by order of difficulty with Rev as the easiest and CQ as the hardest letting other folks make my life difficult by picking the units I use.

Rules:

-Lunatic!Classic no MC/DLC/Grind. Boots and herbs may see use for QOL reasons.

-FMU+Azura and 9 other gen1 units, First reply gets to pick the flavor of Corn i consume as well as another unit.

-Unpicked units not produced by the loins of chosen units will not be used past ch6. At all.

-You can post suggestions on classes, pairings, and kids if you like. I'll try to use them in some meaningful way, but this is not a PMUCPE.

-If kids exist they exist. They're fun but I'm not MC grinding supports so allowing specific picks here would be a 3for1.

-I'll update in thread so you can see how your pick gets used. Hopefully in an amusing fasion, probably not.

Units: Azura, FCorrin(+Res/-Lck Wyvern), Taco, Rinkah, Setsuna, Silias, Kaze, Hayato, Disgusting Subhuman, Sakura, HOboro.

Edited by joshcja

Wyvern Lord!FCorn (+Res -Luck)

Mechanist!Takumi (S Kagero) . Let's stick the Fujin Yumi inside a puppet, what could possibly go wrong? I'd pick Ballistician for maximum meme, but unfortunately that's locked behind DLC.

30 minutes ago, Dean said:

Kaze's a nice guy. Well-mannered. Has nice hair. Interested to see if you can make anything of him.

Great. Now I have to resist the siren song of Silias's ultimate form.

Edited by joshcja

On 12/23/2017 at 5:22 PM, starburst said:

Could you use a Kitsune/Nine-Tails for the entire game? Not that I like them in particular, but I would like to see how you optimise their use.

Probably not as I don't get Kaden till ch14 :p

That said (suprise) I really like the beastkin units and fox combat animations are the most anime thing since gba swordies. May dip for skills a bit but foxman is staying foxman.

(Santa, all I want for christmas is 2 more units k?)

16 hours ago, joshcja said:

Probably not as I don't get Kaden till ch14 :p

That said (suprise) I really like the beastkin units and fox combat animations are the most anime thing since gba swordies. May dip for skills a bit but foxman is staying foxman.

That far? I did not know (I have only played about ten chapters of Birthright.)
If Chapter 14 is too late to pick up a main unit, try Archer » Sniper Kagero.

18 minutes ago, starburst said:

That far? I did not know (I have only played about ten chapters of Birthright.)
If Chapter 14 is too late to pick up a main unit, try Archer » Sniper Kagero.

No worries, was just being snarky for a not so subtle bump.

Kinda like this one :p

(1 more)

If there be no'Boro in a BR/REV PMU, you know I'll be there to interject her.

Do Falcon Knight!Oboro. Partially because I've never seen it done, and also because I think her supports with Subaki are kinda nice.

OhthankshitIcanplay. Ohhellballsimpossiblerequestseverywhere.

Pre-run thoughts on units.

FMU(+res/-lck dragon): Bolt axe ahoy. Marrige looks like Kaze or Hayato with a seperate unit as her long term stat-pack.

Taco: Pretty sure mexanist isn't in my pool but if it is I'll roll it, his options can dual strike decently so he'll be appropriately mediocre, Kiragi is so good though.

Rinkah: GK gives really good pairup adds.

Silias: Triggering VoF is a huge pain in BR so depending on my kid reclass pool Sophie may be the one to wield the super ultimate form. Oni Cheiftain is general with no armor flag so it's an option. Worst case I get lazy and roll a MN!Silias with deathblow.

Setsuna: Unironicly better than taco at his join in Archer. MN should function similarly. If the MT drop is annoying enough she can be a bot.

Kaze: Is going to do all the work, Silias patches his damage just by existing and he's my only user of the coveted MoA tree. Carry me Luigi.

Hayato: SM isn't in my pool so no VLoD tome abuse for me x.x, still he's an acceptable pony tome user that makes an acceptable tome user.

Kaden: I hate on beastkin units a lot but Kaden has a pretty smooth curve in BR and Selkie is fun. Also fox combat is the most anime thing since gba swordies so it's a joy to use this dude.

Sakura: No merchant in pool but I can gaurentee shrine maiden use.

Oboro: No idea if falco is availible here, Kinshi is though and should be a tolerable substitute. May let taco put Kiragi in her taco if there's no other way to get this going.

Azura: Dance dance leave your husband with the kids. Until Sakura showed up I was seriously debating the merits of troub line Shigure. Great festal/silence/hexing rod are all way too good to pass up in the 23-28 chunk of the game.

2 hours ago, joshcja said:

Oboro: No idea if falco is availible here, Kinshi is though and should be a tolerable substitute.

You S-rank her and Subaki to give her access to pegasus knight.

Or maybe you're saying that you can't use that option because you won't use units purely to gain supports?  Because other than a Male Corrin with the pegasus knight class as his heart seal class, Subaki is the only one who can give her that class, so if you won't use him, then she won't have access to Falcon Knight.

Regardless, I don't care if you go for Falco Lombardi or Giant Bird for Oboro.  TBH, I don't think I've seen her as a Kinshi either.

Yeah, unchosen gen1 units don't exist here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

ChProlouge-6: They happened alright, fed Rinkah a few more kills than normal as I want her promoted early for a thing.

Ch7: Kaze and Corrin tonic up and stomp everything, Kaze puts on a nifty robe. Rinkah gets xl7.67

Ch8: Kaze/BurdCorrin/Silias tonic up and stomp. A convenient archer pops VoF and Setsuna gets chip exp+3 kills.

ChMozu/Invasion1: Fed these to Silias/Kaze, Hayato and Setsuna chipoed out xl7 and xl8 respectively.

Ch9: All the tonics and a filling meal later Hayato and Setsuna can comfortably ohko things so the rush is real, Dark Mage pops VoF on turn 1 and Silias stomps his way to Zola ohkoing everything. Setty gets xl10 and quick draw. Oboro exists.

Ch10: Tonics and meal let Setsuna claim 3 souls before taco even enters the map. VoF gets cracked turn 1 EP so Silias just juggernauts another map. Hayato can orkk in attack stance. Recruiting Taco costs a turn so he's bad (says the casual scum).

Ch11: So the CQ boat is a cool map where you're dealing with even/odd turn damage flux, status staves, and mobs of promoted dudes with seals and effectiveness tossed in while racing the clock to run all over the place. The Rev boat is a dull map but the clever little 3 boats joke made me laugh and you can 1 turn it if you like. The BR boat is boooooring. Popped VoF turn one off the SW Magik and watched Silias stomp north while Half Hp Corrin went clubbing in the south. Kaze babysat the scrubsquad and Rinkah got her last kill so she can promote off DG exp next map.

Ch12: Silias runs south and kills hammer so he can convoy it on EP, Setty is gonna find out what the fox says so she hops on Kaden and clears out the archers that would otherwise clog the hammer knight up, Hayato rides corn to empty out the islands. Turn 2 Corn lunges north and everyone else runs like fuck for the draco chest. Corn cracks VoF off the knight as she kills it with the convoy hammer and Silias eats the dracoshield as Rinkah promotes. Then Silias goes toe to toe with Xander and BK Peri, he lives they drop and scrubsquad picks up the spares. Silias and Kaze built full or near full guage. Kaze popped Garon with a steel shuriken for chip and Silias took him out in 2 rounds with a +1 steel katana saving hoshido from nhorian agression roughly 16 chapters earlier that they were supposed to. GG. Then Corn ran away because good design.

Ch13: Next on Game of Thrones. Will Silias Kingslayer ever hit that hawt oni tail? Answer is yes and GK Rinkah is a thing, also he promotes after consuming the right side of the map. Setty and kaden raid the middle while everyone else chases MU and Kaze up the left. Ryomas lobster cosplay and lobster otherkin waifu weird me out so he can just... stay here.

Ch14: Second shop so Setsuna is a ninja now and Oboro is a Merchant with a +2 bronze Yumi. There's a bow by the starting tiles so VoF goes up and Hero!Silias slings a +2 throwing club for ohko's on not-general promoted mooks, generals were hammer time (Arms scroll to D), thus demonstrating his superiority over both Xander and Ryoma. Kaze and a mostly dead Corn lead the scrubsquad left to scrub for exp. Silias gets sol by killing whatsherface with the dual club (he saw a lot of combat ok) and Corrin got the bolt axe. Kaze and Corrin promote to Mech and Magik.

Ch15: Oni!Silias takes 0 damage from the LoD mook with Vow up, so second verse same as the first as he pretty much just walks to the boss and mooks do mook things. Kaden promotes and has a beastrune now so he's sorta useful.

Ch16: There's a bow by the start so VoF goes up and everyone plays a rousing game of follow Silias. Kaze takes out the northern hero and fighters.

Ch17: Flora is pretty hot. Didn't feel like playing the map so I just shoved Silias and he shoved Flora onto her neck.

Ch18-21: Absolutely nothing interesting happens as Silias stomps the world. Corrin (and everyone else) is laughably underleveled now so I don't need bows for VoF. The worst offender is the jump from full promo-weirdstat sanctuary, to xl19 faceless. Thankfully I have lunge so 20 was mercifully short, just grabbed the robe and got out.

Ch22. Oh hey, BR remembered it's a game. As underleveled as my mooksquad is this map was pretty fun. VoFed off the Southern Sorc (19/40 so bolt axe was still spammed all map) as Silias made a beeline for Shura and company. Kinshi!Oboro started a pretty lenghty dual strike chain off Corrin that continued almost uninterupted for the rest of the chapter. Kaden would be really good at fighting mages if he had 1-2. Found a use for the silence stave in the form of AI manipulating the fuck out of things.

Gonna go get kids and make not-silias dudes level higher than 20/3. Not nessecary as I have 2 stave options now along with hellmurderlias so the game is pretty well won, but I want to use Selkie and she's never existing again. So kids it is.

Edited by joshcja

Thumbs are getting used apparently. Figured I'd throw this up before I go get my new years on.

Ch kids: They happened, Sniper!Kiragi, Kinshi!Selkie, and Oni!Rhajat are getting used as leads. Combat parents are all promoted and have their x/15 setups. Pantsuboro looks fantastic as a kinshi. The curains match the drapes.

Ch23: Silias gets VoF and smashes Cams side by turn 2, Rhajat cleans out the northeast and bowbird squad wipes out the middle.

Ch24: Silias Smash. Other dudes kill the 10k sorc.

Ch25: Silias rides the entap express, Kaze grabs the spare great festal for the ch27 route.

Ch26: Corn goes HOble and fangs Xander.

Invasion3: This map is fun, Silias OHKO's stones under vow and cannot die so he wipes the south out, Rhajat wipes the east, other nerds scramblemto PP down the scraps and the west, shoutouts to Pursuer!Kiragi for hitting like a lead truck.

Ch27: Oni Cheiftain is a sick class, Silias and Rhajat stomp and other nerds chase down the scraps.

Endgame: Silias equips deathblow and orko's Dragon of Discomfort again with a forged great club after corn triggers vow and Sakura pops hexing rod.

Thoughts: Folks often complain the br cast is frail but Silias and oni's exist so I don't get that at all, Silias hit an effective 60/55/40  buffed bulk stat by endgame while Rhajat managed a meager 50/40/40 with +12 stack. Everything else was in a mobile class with +10 or higher stack. Shoutouts to potent potion by the way, it's basicly defender and +6 rallies as an xl1 skill, but better. God beastkin are bad.

Will post stats when I have a comp.