Recent stupid mistakes

Clogon

What are your most recent SI mistakes?

Here are mine:

1) giving Moonbow to a -ATK+RES Oscar that I was going to fodder off

2) giving a full new build on the wrong F!Robin which now requires 42 200 feathers to fix.

3) sending home all my Jeorge not realizing he is the only 4* summonable unit with Blazing Flame special.

Wish the other thread survived. ):

But anyways, I put a lot of skills and refinery on my -Atk/+HP Genny instead of my +Res/-Spd Genny. Sacrificed my 5* Mathilda for Oscar instead of Berkut. 5*'d Est when I really don't use her (though I might try to get some skills back such as Firesweep Lance+, Fortify Fliers, and Heavy Spear+).

I think I really need to think more or lay off on any refinery or inheritance before I know it is the right choice. I've had my Genny 1 from the release of the Celica banner and Genny 2 from Hero banner, and I have always thought of merging them... 

17 minutes ago, Clogon said:

3) sending home all my Jeorge not realizing he is the only 4* summonable unit with Blazing Flame special.

I sent so many Jeorge's home, omg. I never thought AOE would be really good, but they are.

Used Serra instead of Nino to pass Hone Attack 1+2 to Celica (so I could pass Hone Attack 3 and Draconic Aura from FCorrin). Could have gotten Draw Back effectively for no additional cost, instead Celica still has no assist skill even now because I don't want to use up another Nino. Might end up waiting to see if I can't get another 3* Sully.

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

Foddering off barst for reposition and two useless skills just for the sake of maximizing SI. Only to realize I must have double-clicked reposition and it didnt inherit. Wasted

OUCH! Though I have got to say, Spur ATK is amazing. It helps me much more than Hone ATK especially since it stacks. When I used my +ATK Hector in Arena (Replaced with +10 Fae since I don't have enough Hectors to +10), the stacking of 3 Spur ATK (Erika provided Hone as a bonus) allowed him to oneshot so many things he wouldn't of otherwise. Sadly, there are no other 3* unit that has Spur ATK. :(

Lets see I have made a few rather major ones mostly because I have been experimenting with builds that sound good in theory. 

1-Giving heavy blade 3 and Galeforce to Eldigain, this was a terrible idea through and through, Eldigain just does not have the speed to pull it off, I might salvage the heavy blade by giving him Luna or something but there is no getting Galeforce back after that waste. This hurts twice as much due to the Heavy blade seals release.

2- "Mini Aether" Michalis, I gave him Sol and upgraded his Haucteclere thinking that he would be an unkillable heal tank, it was disappointing in every way, not only is he very much killable the sun skills are still just rubbish. I should have just given him heavy blade and actual Aether. 

3- Giving H!Henry Close Counter, while certainly not as bad as my other mistakes he just doesn't perform quite at expectations, but I think it will work when the rest of the armour team has been built. 

One that stuck with me is promoting a Niles to 4* and giving Lukas Iceberg. I caught it before I spent the SP, but now my lovely Lukas is stuck with a random skill he'll never use. 

The one today is a minor one. Was playing through Tempest Trial and wondering why it was suddenly so much more difficult than normal. Turns out I was playing Lunatic 7 by mistake, instead of Lunatic 5 >.< Still got to Map 6 with my Lunatic 5 team, but still... They died miserably. 

Karma truly hit me this time.
I foddered my Heavy Blade Ike Soleil and today Heavy Blade seal came out.
I will take this seal for my Cherche and try if it is good for her. But still.
But at the end I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was this dumb. :D

Giving Soleil a Slaying Edge may not have been a bad idea. But Refining it to boost RES is now a mistake. On the simulators it actually performed VERY well. The idea was to DEF/ATK ploy with Heavy Blade. Now with the heavy blade seal I am pretty sure nuking her RES and using a different C skill is going to be better overall. I mean ouch. I lost both Def Ploy and Heavy Blade fodder for this. I really wish they would have told us the rewards in advance. Would have saved me A LOT of resources. I mean Slaying Edge/HeavyBlade/Def Ploy doesn't come cheap to move over to Soleil. Well it can still be a fun build I suppose, even if it is likely no longer an optimal'ish build.

Not SI, but I recently was rearranging supports for my armors and deleted the S support between BK and Effie, only to realize later that day that I actually still wanted them together and had to start them back at C.

Neither of them need any more HM or SP, so this could take a while.

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

Karma truly hit me this time.
I foddered my Heavy Blade Ike Soleil and today Heavy Blade seal came out.
I will take this seal for my Cherche and try if it is good for her. But still.
But at the end I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was this dumb. :D

I really was going to give Ike to my Cordelia yesterday. I was thinking, "Well... His HM is already maxed out, why not?" 

1) I suffer from chronic Hasty Foddering of Limited Availability Units with 4 Star skills: (Black Knight's WoM, Joshua's Windsweep, Narcian's Lancebreaker).

It's not that I don't want those skills on my units, but I don't really consider the pros and cons of who could use it more. I just kind of throw my fodder units at the ones I can finish builds of easier.

2) I also regret using up my Shannas and Kleins, for Desperation and Death Blow, respectively, so quickly, because right now I'm very low on them and haven't been getting lucky pulling more of them recently.

3) Feeding Kagero to P!Olivia may or may not have been a mistake either. I'm building Olivia to be an aggressive Refresher support unit, so Poison Dagger would help her in that regard, but the Kagero I let live doesn't exactly have the best nature so I might have been better off merging the two instead.

I have not made any mistakes recently, although I did merge a lot of my 4* units from the 3*-4* pool together so that could be a mistake if I need them as skill fodder later on.

14 hours ago, Clogon said:

2) giving a full new build on the wrong F!Robin which now requires 42 200 feathers to fix.

Just think of it as a long term investment or doting on one of your favorite waifus.

14 hours ago, Clogon said:

Blazing Flame

I would not feel too bad. I highly recommend using Growing Wind instead; it is the funnest area Special in my opinion. Savage Blow-Savage Blow is also pretty amazing since it happens every turn, although that takes up your C slot and Sacred Seal slot.

Oh. . . god. The merge issue. I did that once thinking I would build up a Roy just for fun. Then I wanted TA on someone and all I had was a Roy +2. Dangit. I am pretty sure that is not the only time I have done that either. Merge to make space and then suddenly realize I want them as fodder. Oh right, I did that to Brave Ike as well. So rather than two units with Steady Breath I have a Brave Ike+1. So worth it, don't ya know?

for a few weeks I had a fun idea for a legion build using heavy blade and and a slaying axe, unfortunately for me I gave heavy blade to delthia instead, and while she runs it just fine, I feel like legion could have used it way better, now however that is no longer a problem thanks to the seal.

I 5* a lot of units without any care for the consequences, for me if I am not spending the feathers they are being wasted even more than if I spend them on a wrys, if I am not saving for anything in particular I feel more of a need to spend them than I would otherwise.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I would not feel too bad. I highly recommend using Growing Wind instead; it is the funnest area Special in my opinion. Savage Blow-Savage Blow is also pretty amazing since it happens every turn, although that takes up your C slot and Sacred Seal slot.

I don't care about its AoE as much as the boost in damage. Growing Wind definitely has the best AoE. But Blazing Flame is the only 1.5x ATK that I am willing to sacrifice (my Rein needs to be +10 before I start using him for SI).

So I was running some trial runs with a new team structure and I put Hector in Rein's range as I normally do, only for Rein to 31x2 him and I'm like, wtf

Turns out I forgot to put DD3 back on him; Nowi was using it to autobattle TT.

2 hours ago, Clogon said:

I don't care about its AoE as much as the boost in damage. Growing Wind definitely has the best AoE. But Blazing Flame is the only 1.5x ATK that I am willing to sacrifice (my Rein needs to be +10 before I start using him for SI).

Then how about Soleil? She was recently dropped to 4* and she got Blazing Wind, so that is an option if you ever get her.

Unequipping Elise's weapon so I can autobattle Lunatic 5 TT.....but then FORGETTING to equip the weapon for Lunatic 7 bonus round 1. 

What's worse, I remember to equip Gravity+, but forgot to equip the enhanced, Dazzling Staff version for Lunatic 7 bonus round 2 ...

On 12/26/2017 at 9:02 AM, Jingle Jangle said:

Refining Ninian's light breath instead of lightning breath. That's going to take some time betting those refining stones back.

I did this too, except with Fae instead.  I thought the upgrade looked too good (removing the Special cooldown penalty?  buffing allies?  heck yeah), but my mind didn't register immediately that I was upgrading the wrong one.  I felt like such a dummy afterward.