Fire Emblem Switch Teaser Expectations

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the game is supposed to come out in 2018, I expect at least a minute and a half. I think Fates got like, a 2 minute reveal, and that was about 6 months before its Japanese release?

Probably something similar here.

57 minutes ago, Slumber said:

If the game is supposed to come out in 2018, I expect at least a minute and a half. I think Fates got like, a 2 minute reveal, and that was about 6 months before its Japanese release?

Probably something similar here.

Right. It effectively got two main trailers, one teaser and one proper trailer, both of which were around two minutes. Both of them were pretty damn good, so if Nintendo follows that formula, I'd expect a few snippets of some very pretty cutscenes as well as a handful of character portraits with a few glimpses of dialogue thrown in. 

If it does come out in 2018, then I'd assume we'll be getting our first look at the game in January already, though the details will be very sparse until a later date.

I'm expecting the same as Fates' reveal trailer. A cinematic trailer cut mostly with scenes that will ultimately feature in the game's opening movie. But also some combat animations to show off the HD in-game graphics. A new, non-lord class is likely to be teased in these scenes, assuming this game has any. Things I don't expect to see are any dialogue sequences or reference to supports or class changing. New gameplay mechanics will probably not be revealed this early on either. In general, the teaser will show us a lot of things, but not explain any of it, prompting us to speculate. That's really what you want players to do if the game won't be out any time soon. Echoes was a bit of an outlier given its release in three months, plus its status as a remake in which you can answer all your questions just by comparing to the original game.

Most likely 1:30-2:00 with similar feel to Fates CG, gameplay, snippets of Characters and classes then later a more proper trailer explaining stuff early release JP outside it TBA and released 1-2 months after since their much better with the gaps now.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I suspect a reveal in mid January. 

I estimate that 90% of us here will loose our mind, while the other 9% will be super skeptical along side Thane doing his normal thing. People will find away to get upset that a small litte detail abut a class was changed. The FE 16 "leaks" thread will flood open, and Ms leaker will go into hiding after some idiot bothers her for being wrong.

35 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I estimate that 90% of us here will loose our mind, while the other 9% will be super skeptical along side Thane doing his normal thing. People will find away to get upset that a small litte detail abut a class was changed. The FE 16 "leaks" thread will flood open, and Ms leaker will go into hiding after some idiot bothers her for being wrong.

With this in mind, I'll have one of two reactions:

1. Holy cow, the leaks were real!  I can't believe itasdasdfasdfasgasdAFHKJLHB
  2. ...And they were fake.  Oh, well.

For the latter, I may or may not facepalm at whatever new fanservicey design IS comes up with that somehow manages to outdo even Loki.

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

Yeah I expect all hell to break loose from some users here to her and I'm just happy to finally get SOMETHING on this game.

Probably will just freak out and get my hype started for the game, that's what Echoes and warriors did at least. Even if it's just a 2 minute trailer it'll spark the hype, I mean look at God Eater 3's teasers and the Valkyria Chronicles 4 announcement trailers, those are two of my most hypest games upcoming.

A 1 to 2 min trailer filled with parts of the opening, and the name of the game. It will then switch to the developers or announcer showing off a couple of gameplay shots and details, and then they will announce a release date for Japan (if it is soon), or just give everyone a general season of when to expect it. That is how a lot of games have been revealed recently for the Switch.

Oh if it comes out after Heroes anniversary we might get another FE direct to talk about it, and anything IS is going to do with Heroes. Fire Emblem may not be Nintendo's biggest money maker but it had certainly made its way up there since Heroes success. It might warrant them getting another direct all on there own to go further into details about the new game, and drum up hype.

Edited by YingofDarkness
Remembered to add something after I had posted

I guess I'm being super optimistic in that I'm expecting to get one of those overview directs that go into more detail of the game, which would be closer to 10 minutes. 

But that depends if the game is landing within a few months or like, next holiday season.

12 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Minute and a half, shows main character. 

Releases in japan 2018, West early 2019

I don't think there's going to be a huge disparity in release dates anymore.

I don't think Nintendo wants another Fates situation. 

13 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Minute and a half, shows main character. 

Releases in japan 2018, West early 2019

They ain't pulling a Fates with gaps anymore especially with what happened with Fates was definitely not worth the long wait gap time in the slightest.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

28 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

They ain't pulling a Fates with gaps anymore especially with what happened with Fates was definitely not worth the long wait gap time in the slightest.

I don't think you can mess up any harder than etrian odyssey 5, it was over a year and we didn't even hear anything until about a month prior to release. I thought it wasn't even coming because of it. I bet most people got fed up and just went for a translation patch instead.

26 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

why people are questioning that FE will come in 2018? they already said it, not to mention that Nitendo cant afford to stay  a year without any big  franchise

Exactly I agree I'm expecting it around May for JP 1-2 months later for everywhere else.

20 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

why people are questioning that FE will come in 2018? they already said it, not to mention that Nitendo cant afford to stay  a year without any big  franchise

It's reasonable to question a 2018 release given the game's last mention will be a year old in three weeks. But yeah, I'm not predicting a delay for FE Switch until we've first heard anything official about the game. They said it's planned for the 2018 year, may as well believe them for now.

I think them saying the next FE game being on Switch is the same as Game Freak saying their next major Pokémon is on Switch or the Metroid Prime 4 teaser; It was a power move on Nintendo's part to drum hype for their new console, and thus, sales. Even the very recent confirmation that the next Zelda is already being developed counts.

"We don't have anything to show yet, but we are, for sure, making it for the Switch! #pleasebuyournewhomeconsolewebegyou"

Although, at this point Nintendo's install base is so strong it doesn't need to do these very, very early announcements to get people to forget the WiiU's failings, but Zelda shows they might be making it a habit.

We don't have many key Nintendo IP's releasing on the Switch next year, so giving us a mainline FE in good time for all the new Switch owners after just killing it in 2017 is borderline required at this point. The big guys have already landed and are not going to carry the Switch for a whole dry year.

Nintendo managed to release a major title on nearly a monthly basis for the Switch. (Really, the only bit of fudging was releases weren't exactly 30 days apart). Slowing that down is inevitable, but what else is slated for 2018? 

Now I'm thinking 2018's whole roster of games is likely the Direct's focus, dang. 

Edited by Altrosa

10 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

It's reasonable to question a 2018 release given the game's last mention will be a year old in three weeks. But yeah, I'm not predicting a delay for FE Switch until we've first heard anything official about the game. They said it's planned for the 2018 year, may as well believe them for now.

17 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

I think them saying the next FE game being on Switch is the same as Game Freak saying their next major Pokémon is on Switch or the Metroid Prime 4 teaser; It was a power move on Nintendo's part to drum hype for their new console, and thus, sales. Even the very recent confirmation that the next Zelda is already being developed counts.

"We don't have anything to show yet, but we are, for sure, making it for the Switch! #pleasebuyournewhomeconsolewebegyou"

Although, at this point Nintendo's install base is so strong it doesn't need to do these very, very early announcements to get people to forget the WiiU's failings, but Zelda shows they might be making it a habit.

We don't have many key Nintendo IP's releasing on the Switch next year, so giving us a mainline FE in good time for all the new Switch owners after just killing it in 2017 is borderline required at this point. The big guys have already landed and are not going to carry the Switch for a whole dry year.

Nintendo managed to release a major title on nearly a monthly basis for the Switch. (Really, the only bit of fudging was releases weren't exactly 30 days apart). Slowing that down is inevitable, but what else is slated for 2018? 

Now I'm thinking 2018's whole roster of games is likely the Direct's focus, dang. 

Nitendo is pushing Gamefreak so hard to release pokemon in 2018 that they had to say late 2018 or early 2019.... If FE wasnt sure for a 2018 release they would be the same... Not to mention that in 2015 we had 0 pkmn news...

FE will surely come in 2018! its not like GF cares for fans to say sth like this...

Edited by Pegasus Knight

Well, from the outset Gamefreak said it was very iffy that the next Pokémon would launch anytime soon. 

Stars was a real thing, but when The Pokémon Company realized that the Switch was a monster seller after all, Gamefreak quietly dropped the Stars project and instead released UltraSun and Moon to keep us occupied while they develop gen 8 from scratch. Creatures. Inc (they do most of the art assets for GameFreak) is now hiring for Ultima Engine experienced designers, so it's gonna be HD.

Basically, I SERIOUSLY doubt Gen 8 is launching 2018, unless it just barely scrapes into the holiday season, and that's a major blow to Switch's 2018 prospects either way. The only way I can feasibly see a 2018 release is if it's the fabled Sinnoh remakes, thus cutting a massive load of design time. (i really want that badly but, those are unlikely for the first Switch Pokémon titles.)

The only thing I can think of that would rock the world is a massive library of Vitual Console Gamecube games for Switch.

Edited by Altrosa

10 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

Well, from the outset Gamefreak said it was very iffy that the next Pokémon would launch anytime soon. 

Stars was a real thing, but when The Pokémon Company realized that the Switch was a monster seller after all, Gamefreak quietly dropped the Stars project and instead released UltraSun and Moon to keep us occupied while they develop gen 8 from scratch. Creatures. Inc (they do most of the art assets for GameFreak) is now hiring for Ultima Engine experienced designers, so it's gonna be HD.

Basically, I SERIOUSLY doubt Gen 8 is launching 2018, unless it just barely scrapes into the holiday season, and that's a major blow to Switch's 2018 prospects either way. The only way I can feasibly see a 2018 release is if it's the fabled Sinnoh remakes, thus cutting a massive load of design time. (i really want that badly but, those are unlikely for the first Switch Pokémon titles.)

The only thing I can think of that would rock the world is a massive library of Vitual Console Gamecube games for Switch.

i doubt the pkmn game will come in 2018 as well... But nitendo seems to pushing them hard for a 2018 release... so maybe they will be able to release in december

there is no way they will start a new console with a remake... after all they were planing to release sinoh remake in 3ds and scrap it because of teh backlash... as for the design time GF has always 2 different teams so the sinnoh remake team isnt working on the main game anyway...

But thats my point if FE wasnt sure for a 2018 they would say the same thing.... Mario and zelda came in 2017, pkmn will be in 2019 so that leaves switch with 0 monster title! Since teh switch has become such a hit Nitendo has increased the expectations for its sales there's no way they will leave 2018 dry of a big title...

thats interesting but it kinda ruins Nitendo's remake policy a il no?

Edited by Pegasus Knight