Your Favorite Things about your Least-Favorite Characters, and Things you Dislike about Your Favorite Characters

Hawkwing

Favourite:

- Pelleas: I think that he sometimes worship Micaiah, despite being the king/prince

- Ilyana: Sometimes the developers made her dialogues too one dimensional. Basically food

Least Favourites:

-Meg: Well, she has pink armor.. .which is cool... I guess

-Moulder: The Boulder and his mustache

Favorites:

Ike - Love the guy, really really do love the guy.  However, that ending for Radiant Dawn is just so stupid, abrupt, and out of character.

Lyn - Her lack of importance after her chapters does bother me quite a bit.

Kagero - The fact that she gets captured/kidnapped in the story of all routes of Fates really annoys me.

Elincia - She's not playable until waaaaaay late in PoR.

Sonya - She doesn't have Seraphim in Echoes..

Cordelia - The crush/feelings she has towards Chrom.

Least Favorites:

Corrin - I have to say, I really like the general design of Corrin.  Only weird thing is the bare feet.

Tharja - Pretty powerful as a Dark Mage.

Chrom - He's pretty different in terms of design and personality (sorta) compared to other Lords we've had in the series.

Est - Provided an interesting archetype to work with.

On 12/27/2017 at 8:50 AM, eclipse said:

Legault: He's a subtle bastard.

How so? From the supports themselves, he doesn't seem to mock at others or even trick them unlike Matthew...

Anyways..

Least favorite things about favorite characters:

Raven: His vengeance towards Hector is incomplete because he's missing a support. Also, that odd low def growth and for a mercenary, that's kinda bad.

Lyn: Her boobs are exaggerated for someone like her...can't believe her "physics" can be seen....

Geese: Never mentions anything about his brother which is fine because well..development wise, it makes sense. But then he's stuck in one of the worst weapons in the game. His skill isn't enough to hit reliably either. Had he been a sword user, he would have been awesome and even more of a badass.

Also, his supports are bland and forgettable. But his design is enough to justify my favoritism for this guy.

Rutger: His character feels incomplete. Only his support with Dieck stands out. The rest of them just simply brag about his strength and hating Bern.

Pahn: He should have appeared earlier.

Astram: If only he didn't suck so much......

Least favorite characters that I like about them:

Marcus: As much as I hate to use him because of his character being completely boring, he's a pretty good unit.

Roy: Atleast he has red hair? Also, he's Eliwood's son so that counts I guess...

Karel: His design is interesting. I mean, besides Guy, he wears a blue robe so that's something.

Guy: Atleast his support with Matthew is funny enough. Also, his design is nice.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

How so? From the supports themselves, he doesn't seem to mock at others or even trick them unlike Matthew...

His personality is shown through his supports, but unless you sit down, read them all together, and apply some critical thinking, it won't make sense.

What I dislike about my favorites? Hmm...

Ike: His ending, no question. Because I think a lot of us agree that it's pretty wtf and out of character. IS forced him into a common trope just because (great hero disappears forever at the end).

Frederick: This is a hard one. I can't really think of anything I dislike about him! But I guess him being able to marry people like Lissa, Maribelle, Sully, Tharja, and Sumia? The former two are too young for him (Nowi could count here as well, but she's a weird case due to her true age), Sully and Sumia do not feel like women he'd really be that interested in, and Tharja is Tharja. Frederick can't possibly realistically approve of many things she does. This is the issue I have with the dumb everyone x everyone support system. It makes some characters feel out of character sometimes and like some marriages are more forced than others just so they can exist.

Kieran: He has no backstory given for him! Zero. None. Nada. Yet we learn a lot of backstory for a bunch of other characters in Tellius. Kieran is even recruited early in PoR, so this was a big missed opportunity to give him a bigger support pool and more depth. Yet, the only people he supports with are Oscar, Marcia, and Rhys. :/ I would've definitely added Geoffrey to that list, and perhaps Brom and/or Nephenee too since they were captured with Kieran and recruited at the same time.

Elincia: She can't marry Ike even though she becomes closer to him than any other guy save for maybe Geoffrey, and it can be argued that they had a sibling-like relationship. :/

What I like about my least favorites? Uh... Not really sure, but I'll try to think of something.

Mia: She looks better in RD than in PoR, I guess.

Lucina: Her lack of fashion sense is pretty funny.

Camilla: I have to admit, she has an interesting backstory. She could've been a very well done character if not for being forced so heavily as fanservice. :/

Tharja: I like her support with Gregor.

Edited by Anacybele

Favourites

Takumi: His random hatred for Azura. Also his resentment of Corrin being undermined with the "he truly loved them after all, and just couldn't show it right uwu." reasoning. 

Sakura: How her character growth resets at the end of Conquest, so the player can have their happy ending. Also her lack of relevance and consequently development in the other routes.

Maribelle: Her treatment of Brady.

Lissa: Whenever her immaturity becomes exaggerated. Also lack of growth post-time skip (though that accusation could be thrown at most of the cast)

Reyson: How he can only sing to one person unless transformed.

Sanaki: Her initial treatment of Elincia and how you only get her as a unit in the last part of RD.

Tana: Her "I'll show dad and bro" shtick being a bit overplayed.

Least Favourites

Corrin: F!Corrin's design is nice. Also they're good as a unit.

Soleil: Her support with her dad is good.

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

His personality is shown through his supports, but unless you sit down, read them all together, and apply some critical thinking, it won't make sense.

To each their own I guess.

Personally, I don't think so much on the characters. Whatever they have, I take it at that and accept for what they are. I don't analyze them like how a lot would. If the supports are fun, well then that's all that matters and to me, legault is a cool character in my book because of his supports.

Again, it's just me.

Flaws of my favorites?

Camilla- Her outfit is gross. Her dialogue can be a bit... ew. And while she had TONS of potential and would have been absolutely my favorite in the entire game if they had presented her correctly, they did not present her correctly, and she gets unrelenting hate for being one dimensional fanservice, when, if you read into things and go outside the game for info, she's quite fascinating.

Libra- "Whaaat, you're a dude?" I'm glad that those supports are few and far between, but really, it was a tired joke almost as soon as it started. I thought the interaction between him and Chrom was funny, but after that, it was not entertaining. Also, I would have appreciated better or more focused growths, his growth rates are kind of jack of all trades, master of none.

Charlotte- More supports on her relationship with her family, a.k.a. the reason she wants more money, and I wish her support with Benny was better. She doesn't treat him very nicely even though they've probably been together for a bit. I mean, she used to have a higher position than him, so I get that she thinks/knows she's better than him, but Benny is a nice person and Charlotte, despite her snappiness, is supposed to be as well.' Instead it's "lol gold digger."

Setsuna- The trap thing isn't that funny. It just isn't. Setsuna is hilarious, she doesn't need to be mentioning traps all the time. Make it less about her falling into traps and more about her lack of awareness. Also, her stats. Fix them. Speed is the only thing she has, it's so sad. Takumi the pineapple prince is superior in almost every way.

Florina- Her shyness is cute, but is she not comfortable with Lyn or something? I thought they were really close friends, does Florina just never, ever come out of her shell, she still seems like a nervous wreck when she's talking to Lyn until her few lines in Eliwood mode?

Peri- Please give her more everything. Better supports that don't involve things like straight-up trying to kill Felicia, a backstory that gives a reason as to why Xander would pick her as a retainer, and I'm begging for a more clear picture of her instability, like show her struggling to fight her murderous tendencies, or let her tell us about her constant fight with her voices (because seriously, the different hair colors, the different eye colors, there's got to be at least a dual personality thing going on, let alone some schizophrenia, trauma can wake up those sorts of things). She looks adorable, and the concept could have gone somewhere, but really, the only reason she's one of my favorites is I like crazy chick characters and I absolutely love her design.

The good parts of my least favorites?

Takumi- I dunno'. I mean, he's a good archer. And I'm glad that his supports make him less of a rear end, but really, for a character so valuable to the story, I shouldn't have to dig through supports to tolerate them.

Ricken- He's adorable, especially his giant hat, I'll give him that. But nothing else.

Rutger- THE EDGE. The absurdity of this character is very entertaining, though I don't like using him and, if I'm supposed to take him seriously, the game devs failed hard.

Kjelle- She's... capable of being good? But I mean, all the child units are capable of being good. I'm just disappointed that Kjelle isn't awesome like her mom, and that all her supports are "train train train."

Things I Dislike about my favourite FE characters:

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎02 at 10:47 AM, Anacybele said:

Ike: His ending, no question. Because I think a lot of us agree that it's pretty wtf and out of character. IS forced him into a common trope just because (great hero disappears forever at the end).

Elincia: She can't marry Ike even though she becomes closer to him than any other guy save for maybe Geoffrey, and it can be argued that they had a sibling-like relationship. :/

Basically this.

Ogma: a victim of Shadow Dragon having almost no script.  I like his character, but so little of it was shown.

Rhys: Gets so easily weighed down by any light tome other than Light, and definitely can't hold nosferatu without being slowed to a crawl.

Things I like about my least favourites:

Tharja: you can choose whether or not to recruit her in the first place, and, even if you do recruit her, you can take her tomes and leave her unused for the rest of the game.

If this includes non-playable characters, then Anankos: his characterization had potential.

On 2.1.2018 at 4:47 PM, Anacybele said:

^This where is my Ike x Sanaki ship?!?

Other things I dislike about my favourites:

Nowi - Her outfit. Hands down.

Hana - Her weak Defence growth. Also becoming queen of Valla absolutely means you have to stay a retainer to a princess, right? RIGHT?
I also dislike her English voice. Karen Strassman is a good voice actress (see Anna, Olivia and Mozu), just... I don't think her voice fits Hana.

Eirika - Not her fault, but the fact that almost every male in Sacred Stones seems to want to... you know... show her his little buddy, if you catch my drift. Also sidelined for her Gary Stu brother.

Sanaki - No staff use. Also joins late.

F!Corrin - No option to bone.
M!Corrin - The default look's blank stare. It looks weird.
Corrin in general - Actually think they need the other Royals to accomplish crap, so they're forced on you no matter what. Also still believing in them despite them trying to kill Corrin several times over in Revelation.

Genny - Wtf is that ending?!?

Nyx - Wtf are those growth rates?!?

Chrom - No Galeforce. Also limited supports.

Kaze - Is less relevant to the story than he should be.

Saber - I can't use him on both routes.

Frederick - His base class is practically useless later on, so you're better off reclassing him to something else, i.e. Paladin or Wyvern Lord.

Elise - Why the heck do you have to be related to the stupidest family ever?

Sakura - Why the heck do you have to be related to the stupidest family ever?

Things I like about my least favourites:

Azura
- Her voice actress. Also locked behind a paywall so I don't have to deal with her crap in Warriors. Also (SPOILER!), she dies in two routes.

Leo - His voice actor.

Takumi - His voice actor in Warriors. Also the fact that you can kill him off for good.

Ryoma - His voice actor.

Awakening and Fates' Anna - Has some funny lines.

Ephraim - His Awakening redesign.

Jakob - Good unit if you pick F!Corrin.

Laslow / Inigo - Dat voice, tho.

Sully - Badass crit quotes.

Glad to see people agreeing with what I said for Ike. I also remembered three more characters I could add to my favorites and least favorites list.

Favorites:

Ephraim: His flaws, while there, are not presented too well. It's made him come off as Stuish to some.

Ryoma: He didn't get much development.

Least favorites:

Micaiah: Her design is really nice and I can relate to her looking super young for her age (I'm 26 but often mistaken for 14 on average).

Ah, what I like about my least favorites, and what I dislike with my favorites. Interesting thing. Though some of the stuff said here seems to really not be positives about what they like about their least favorite characters. 

Favorite:

• Robin: I genuinely wish that we could have gotten more backstory. And never learned about his mother. And I hated how forced that plan that we had no hint on was in Chapter 23. 
  • Lucina: Sometimes her fashion sense is a bit too poor and she lacks some common sense there. 
  • Takumi: The way he just hates on Nohrians, whether they were raised in Nohr or are from Nohr. In the Drama CD, he mentions both of these things at once. He says he mistrusts Corrin because despite being Hoshidan, he was with Nohr for most of his life, and with Azura, he says that despite living mostly on Hoshido, she was originally from Nohr. Corrin even points this out. 
  • Marth: Marth really stopped developing after Shadow Dragon. He was just there, and his excessive reliance on Kris, a guy he pretty much just met, really hurts his character. 
  • Lyn: Her role in the story is downhill after the Tutorial Prologue chapters are done, and we never know exactly what happened to her.
  • Ike: His ending in Radiant Dawn. It's contradictory of his character in every way possible. And I didn't like that he did get away from some harsh punishments without any repercussions. Only get told how bad it would have been.

Neutral:

• Caeda: Despite how she's portrayed as a purehearted person, I sometimes get this feeling that she is actually manipulating people to join their cause. One guy practically gets seduced by her. In fact, the dialogue she uses with him is if he believes in love. In the DLC where she faces Sumia in Awakening, she uses the same line, and Sumia says she does and goes on and on, and Caeda mutters that the love tactic won't work, meaning that she is actually using things to play with the emotions of others. 
  • Eirika: A trusting heart isn't bad at all. I would never want to mistrust my own friend, even if he might not be the same anymore. She really gets screwed over by her own brother.
  • Celica: How Celica ends up acting near the end of Act 3 and then the rest of the journey. Really hurt her character.

Least Favorites:

• Ephraim: I say least favorite, but Ephraim really isn't a favorite. I downright hate this guy. I hate him more than I hate Corrin. I can go on and on about how pathetically OP of a Gary Stu he is. But what I like about him is more on how he could have been better if he had just not been the main character at all, but rather a Gotoh or something. Or had some actual failures. Him also being a great unit overall only adds to my hatred. 
  • Corrin: You had so much potential. And in Conquest, you were on a good path at first, desiring to change things from the inside and save as many people as possible. Shame you got screwed over by poor writing. 
  • Kjelle: Though I absolutely loathe her femi-Nazi attitude, the times that she actually gets humbled, particularly in Robin's support (S support doesn't exist XP), she understands that she isn't all that, and she can accept it. 
  • Kris: Now he would count as a least favorite. His story with Katarina and how he wouldn't abandon her and got through to her was very touching and I really liked it.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Micaiah: Her design is really nice and I can relate to her looking super young for her age (I'm 26 but often mistaken for 14 on average).

That must really suck.
Though the young-looking for her age generates a plot-hole with Micaiah's character, now that I think about it. Especially concerning her relation to

Sanaki. Sanaki, as we know, is 13 in RD. And if Micaiah is supposed to be her sister, she technically can't be THAT much older than her, can she?

More favs:

Palla - When, how and why did she fall in love with Abel? Is it because he has green hair, too? I'm going to say it's that until proven otherwise.

Catria - She started the trend that eventually brought us Cordelia and Oboro. Ugh.

More not-so-favs:

Soren - He's a good mage. Until you get Ilyana. In RD, it's worth using both of them.

Cordelia - The only first gen female, not counting Flavia, that can get Armshift naturally.

Favourites:

Takumi - the ending of Conquest. He shouldn't have forgiven Corrin. 
Lukas - not enough supports! Um, drops off in usefulness in late game; that movement is too much of a hindrance.
Canas - off travelling while leaving your 2 year old son at home? For shame!

Least favourites:

Faye - I really like her design (cute, practical and pretty unique) and she's a pretty solid unit, I actually use her. 
Clive -  Um. He's loyal to Matilda? He tries?
Peri - her hair is great, and she feeds my army well.

@DragonFlames

Spoiler

Lekain says in the desert chapter Sanaki's older sister was assassinated at the same time as Misaha by the "Herons" aka Senate and he is barely hiding it. We don't know how old Micaiah was at the time, but since she doesn't remember the event, she must have been a baby. 0 years to 4 tops I guess. Given Sanaki was born in ~635 if we turn back the clock on her age, and then look at the assassination as happening in 625, that means Micaiah would be ~10-14 years older than her.

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sanaki. Sanaki, as we know, is 13 in RD. And if Micaiah is supposed to be her sister, she technically can't be THAT much older than her, can she?

What Interdimensional Observer said, plus there is also the flashback art of Micaiah meeting Sothe, and the latter is a young boy while Micaiah looks virtually no different than in-game. So she is aging slow and is much older than she looks.

And yeah, it is a bit annoying getting mistaken for being so young, every time we go to a restaurant, we're asked if we need a kids menu or if my young cousin is with us, how many kids menus we need... But I've more or less gotten used to it.

God... Well, I am not gonna make a crazy list but.

Least Favorite Character: Faye from echoes. *Ugh*. Every other character in the game is great, at least I think so, but she really wasent needed, she was just a character there who was obsessed with Alm and offered very little IMO. I don't know if we were supposed to feel bad for her or what but it's like... blegh. Though I do like her design, the only thing about her I do like...

Favorite Character: Ike from Path of Radiance. My favorite character from my favorite game. What I hated most about him is a spoiler for the game so... yea

Spoiler

I don't know if this counts but... I hated the fact that at the end of RD... he's just gone without a trace. It seems wrong. Would he really leave everyone behind like that? I dunno, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially considering Mist who, sure has Boyd, but I am pretty sure losing her brother after *already* losing her parents sucks the big one. Also I don't really like his design much in RD. 

Edited by marco23p

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@DragonFlames

Reveal hidden contents

Lekain says in the desert chapter Sanaki's older sister was assassinated at the same time as Misaha by the "Herons" aka Senate and he is barely hiding it. We don't know how old Micaiah was at the time, but since she doesn't remember the event, she must have been a baby. 0 years to 4 tops I guess. Given Sanaki was born in ~635 if we turn back the clock on her age, and then look at the assassination as happening in 625, that means Micaiah would be ~10-14 years older than her.

Good to know.

I always thought Micaiah was at least 18-19 based on her looks and I don't think that you look too much different at 23 / 27 in the real world, too. I know I don't.

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And yeah, it is a bit annoying getting mistaken for being so young, every time we go to a restaurant, we're asked if we need a kids menu or if my young cousin is with us, how many kids menus we need... But I've more or less gotten used to it.

I'd abuse the hell out of that, honestly, if the kids menu is tasty and cheaper than everything else...

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd abuse the hell out of that, honestly, if the kids menu is tasty and cheaper than everything else...

Yeah, well, I prefer not to be treated like a child when I'm a grown adult, so...