Legandary Hero Fest 2 (Gunnthrá: Voice of Dreams)

Alkaid

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I managed to get a few orbs together for one pull but no luck.  I think I will just blow off this banner now, I seem to not have any luck with it.  If I pull NY!Azura right away I might try one more time, other wise I will be sad that I spent 55 orbs with no 5* but I can live with it.

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but I noticed when checking out Gunnthra's comments in the castle plaza

Spoiler

that she mentions multiple (as in plural) younger sisters so I would assume that we would be getting at least another Nifl princess either as the next legendary hero or sometime in the future. She also mentions that all three (or more) sisters cuddled together to stay warm during the really cold Nifl winters which I thought was an adorable touch.

Edited by Liliesgrace

5 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but I noticed when checking out Gunnthra's comments in the castle plaza

Hide contents

that she mentions multiple (as in plural) younger sisters so I would assume that we would be getting at least another Nifl princess either as the next legendary hero or sometime in the future. She also mentions that all three (or more) sisters cuddled together to stay warm during the really cold Nifl winters which I thought was an adorable touch.

She also says "I wish that all of my siblings could live happily together. If only..." I wonder if there was a falling out in differences in how the country of Nifl was run, with Gunnthrá trying to be the peace maker. I want to see that in the game.

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

She also says "I wish that all of my siblings could live happily together. If only..." I wonder if there was a falling out in differences in how the country of Nifl was run, with Gunnthrá trying to be the peace maker. I want to see that in the game.

I hadn't gotten that one yet, and I agree with you that I'd like to see that as an interesting plot point.

19 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure why that needed to be in a spoiler tag.

I'm more interested now in her word choice in Japanese.

In spoken Japanese, there are two words that can be used to mean "siblings": "kyoudai" and "shimai". "Shimai" is used to specifically mean "sisters", but "kyoudai", although it can technically also be used to mean "sisters", almost always implies at least one male sibling is included in the grouping. Gunnthra uses "kyoudai" for the word that is translated as "siblings" in English, which heavily implies that she has at least one male sibling (no guarantees, though).

She only speaks of her sisters in her other lines, so perhaps this hypothetical brother is the troublemaker. This is starting to sound like Macedon...

And you have it Amelia! You though you can break my pity rate twice and get away with it?! If you want be in my team that much send Gunnthra. Until then thank you for 2k feathers you left here on your way home.

F***ng SS characters don't know their place. Who needs armor march and two free Slaying axes+ anyway?

Edited by Tenzen12

195 pulls so far (current possible merge count in parentheses or overflow):

• 1 Ryoma (+10)
  • 1 Sigurd (+2)
  • 0 Roy (+8)
  • 4 Fjorm (+6)
  • 2 Charlotte (+11)
  • 1 Lucina (+7)
  • 1 Gunnthra (+0)
  • 5 Chrom (+10)
  • 1 Amelia (+12)
  • 1 Lyn (+9)
  • 3 Elise (+12)
  • 5 Innes (+7)

12.8% 5-star rate so far.

I stopped pulling red after the first session where I got Ryoma, Sigurd, and Innes and maxed out my Ryoma and decided I was done with red.

Notable pulls so far have been

• Twice as many Fjorms as last time!
  • A +Spd Innes that isn't -Atk! He's -Res, but whatever, not terrible.
  • A +Atk Innes that isn't -Spd! One is -Def and the other is -HP.
  • Three separate sessions each consisting of 1 Chrom, 1 Innes, and 1 other 5-star.
    • I think the game is telling me to send home some Chroms and Inneses so that they can bring back more other 5-stars.

After one more Lyn, I'm pulling out of pulling colorless and pulling only blue and green until I'm fed up with the number of Chroms I get.

Edited by Ice Dragon

It is a little disappointing that the one new male character added since launch is some sort of weird fire ogre, so I certainly hope to see an ice brother of some sort soon. After all, men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

Anyway, barring any extraordinary luck with my first round pull on the New Year's banner, I've decided against trying for Gunnthra this banner. Thinking about it, I only kinda wanted her for what she is (a horse mage) rather than who she is - I'm not sold on her design or presentation at all.

Narrowly broke my 11.5% pity rate getting a Bridelyn (one of my goals, besides Elise and Gunnthra) using the bhb orbs from today. Definitely calling it quits on these, and have to remember to slap myself next time I consider pulling on a Legendary Banner.

1 hour ago, Azuni said:

Narrowly broke my 11.5% pity rate getting a Bridelyn (one of my goals, besides Elise and Gunnthra) using the bhb orbs from today. Definitely calling it quits on these, and have to remember to slap myself next time I consider pulling on a Legendary Banner.

Maybe we can start a slap support group? I slap you, you slap me, we all avoid the pain of a legendary banner?

This game definitely hates me.

398 pulls:

• 1 Ryoma (+10)
  • 1 Sigurd (+2)
  • 0 Roy (+8)
  • 6 Fjorm (+8)
  • 3 Charlotte (+12)
  • 2 Lucina (+8)
  • 2 Gunnthra (+1)
  • 7 Chrom (+12)
  • 3 Amelia (+14)
  • 1 Lyn (+9)
  • 6 Elise (+15)
  • 5 Innes (+7)

Would it kill you, game, to just give my my last Lyn? Or a +Atk Fjorm that isn't -Def (I have 3 of those now)?

Running 5-star rate is now down to 9.3%.

EDIT:

Yeah, this game hates my guts.

570 total pulls:

• 1 Ryoma (+10)
  • 1 Sigurd (+2)
  • 0 Roy (+8)
  • 7 Fjorm (+9)
  • 5 Charlotte (+14)
  • 3 Lucina (+9)
  • 3 Gunnthra (+2)
  • 9 Chrom (+14)
  • 4 Amelia (+15)
  • 2 Lyn (+10)
  • 7 Elise (+16)
  • 7 Innes (+9)

Only took 543 pulls of blue, green, and colorless to get 2 copies of Lyn. Fuck you, game. Fuck you. Why do I even bother with these banners anymore.

Fjorm can now be merged up to +9, but all 3 of my +Atk copies are -Def. Really, game. That literally defeats the entire purpose of pulling for duplicates.

I can't say I'm too horribly disappointed, though, since I can now get Innes up to +9 for god knows what reason and I can give Armor March to 5 other armor units for god knows what reason. Or Slaying Axe, I suppose.

Final 5-star rate comes out to 8.6%, which is about what I'd actually expect statistically, if only fractionally a bit low.

Unless the next Legendary Heroes banner shows me otherwise, I'm getting suspicious that the new Legendary Hero in these banners is weighted lower than other characters. The fact that 2 out of 24 of my blue focus units from the previous banner were Fjorm and 3 out of 16 of my green focus units from this banner were Gunnthra is rubbing me the wrong way, even if both are technically not statistical anomalies.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Got two Amelia's and two Chrome. Obviously I send both Amelia home, not sure what to do with Chrom yet. Tomorrow is last day of banner theses jackasses keep ruining my pity rate. If I don't get Gunnthra I will burn all Amelias I ever get. And for every one I get I will send home also another SS characters just out of spite.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Unless the next Legendary Heroes banner shows me otherwise, I'm getting suspicious that the new Legendary Hero in these banners is weighted lower than other characters. The fact that 2 out of 24 of my blue focus units from the previous banner were Fjorm and 3 out of 16 of my green focus units from this banner were Gunnthra is rubbing me the wrong way, even if both are technically not statistical anomalies.

I'm afraid you just had terrible luck with them. I have yet to do many pulls on this one, but the last banner got me 6 Bride Caedas, 5 or 6 Fjorms and 0 Spring Xanders.

You could say that I just had good luck, but I planned to stop pulling blues once I got a Caeda and Xander and stupid Xander never came. Now I have to hope(?) he comes back again in the future.

Le sigh. Yet again, nothing. I'm giving up on these legendary banners. The New Years banner looks better, tbh, so I'll try for those three.

I just want the husband and daughter in bunny outfits, IS. Is that too much to ask?

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Would it even be legal to do that without saying so?

Stroke of luck. Sniped green all the way and finally got my Gunnthra despite not having many orbs to spend (+ a random bride Lyn when half the time there were no green orbs). 

I am really interested in those original to Heroes units and was so excited I started leveling her up without looking up her boon/bane and will now have to wait until she's lv40 to know.

Edited by Vince777

So, I spent 50 dollars for orbs on this banner and I pulled:

• 1 Bridal Charlotte
  • 1 Spring Chrom (which I'll merge)
  • 2 Amelias
  • Spring Lucina
  • Another Fjorm
  • Another Ryoma

And my first 4 star Klein and Lachesis.

I'm gonna try to scrounge up some orbs later and see if I can get Gunnthra or any of the colorless units and then I'm done with the banner.