Favourite Box Art

Lau

Favourite Box Art?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which box art is your favourite?

• Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light (FE 1)
    • Gaiden (FE 2)
    • Mystery of the Emblem (FE 3)
    • Genealogy of the Holy War (FE 4)
    • Thracia 776 (FE 5)
    • Binding Blade (FE 6)
    • Blazing Blade (FE 7)
    • Sacred Stones (FE 8)
    • Path of Radiance (FE 9)
    • Radiant Dawn (FE 10)
    • Shadow Dragon (FE 11)
    • New Mystery of the Emblem (FE 12)
    • Awakening (FE 13)
    • Birthright (FE 14)
    • Conquest (FE 14)
    • Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (FE 15)
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
    • Warriors

So I chose 3

New Mystery: Just so much is happening in this art I just love it

Awakening: The use of plot important characters on the cover was nice, and created a iconic pose with Chrom and Lucina (so much so it is used as their special move in the crossover game including those two)

Warriors: Switch version, the lords positioned around the emblem seems so right, and Marth is on top in a pose that gives him authority and the position as figurehead of the series (of which he is)

I don't see why Fates is split between the two, considering how they're two parts of the same whole, with the only difference being what side.

Otherwise, Binding Blade, Path of Radiance, New Mystery, and all of 3DS

On 30 December 2017 at 3:52 PM, Motendra said:

I don't see why Fates is split between the two, considering how they're two parts of the same whole, with the only difference being what side.

Otherwise, Binding Blade, Path of Radiance, New Mystery, and all of 3DS

Ah, I just thought, different characters, different poses, different colours. My idea was just what you see on the cover :)

I picked Echoes as my favorite box art. I liked how it had Alm and Celica with their backs up against each other showing that they both chose a different path; with Alm looking forward while holding his sword upward showing he plans to resolve things with fighting while Celica has her sword presumedly planted on the ground and looking downward and holding her hands as if she's praying showing that she wants to rely on the gods to end the war all while their are soldiers lined up in the background.

I choose the Awakening box art. I love how they managed to put every plot important character in the character in such a way that it doesn't look cluttery, but that you can still see a hint of their personalities. There are also the little details like Kellam's face being obstructed, and Frederick having his hand around Lissa protecting her (my fav pairing for them). Besides them I also like the box art for the special edition of Fates, and Echoes artwork is pretty nice too.

I'm the only one who picked Blazing? All three distinctly colored lords front and center in strong poses, Ninian and Nils could be handled a little better, but overall I think its the best one.

Awakening's is a little out there to me, the background is a little too blank, the characters portrayals aren't terribly well aligned with the ingame aesthetic and feel, or something. But the clashing Chrom and Lucina sprites on the actual game card is cool.

SoV is good and relatively simple, but a little too dull to me.

Binding Blade is my favorite. It comes off as if it's a tribute to the movie posters made by Drew Struzan, where it feels like the entire game is on the box.

Thracia 776 is similar but comes off as minuscule compared to the Binding Blade box art, but both Path Of Radiance and Echoes come in second place for me.

Another shout out for Awakening for the subtlety with Chrom and Friends moving in one direction, and Lucina going the other.  Giving the viewer the feeling that Lucina is attempting to prevent the result of what is going to happen to Chrom going that direction. A subtle hint of the game's plot.

Gaiden is the weakest in my opinion.

fire-emblem-the-binding-blade1.jpg

Mystery of the Emblem for me. I have a huge soft spot for early/mid 90s anime. Shadow Dragon is probably the weakest, as it's mostly just a logo.

For series diehards, I'd recommend looking up a copy of Nintendo Dream magazine from June 2016 as it comes with large posters of Mystery, Genealogy, Binding Blade, PoR, Awakening, and Fate's box art. They're folded, but they are still good enough for framing in a game room. There was another issue with an Echoes poster, I don't remember which.