[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Coming! Hoshidan New Years Banner - From Dec. 31

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

It's funny, I always dread pulling on greens because it always feels like they rarely show, so you get far less for your orbs and it takes ages to build up any pity rate (only to have it broken by a unit that isn't even in the colour you're trying to pull >.< )

I know that problem also too well. In The Legendary banner I was often forced to draw a different color which broke my pity rate. I wanted to draw only green and got 3 5* units which were not green. xD
I guess that is just the problem if you just want to draw from one color. I had more luck were I was more indifferent about the color. But now they often give us units where certain units matter to me more. =/

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Stroud said:

I know that problem also too well. In The Legendary banner I was often forced to draw a different color which broke my pity rate. I wanted to draw only green and got 3 5* units which were not green. xD
I guess that is just the problem if you just want to draw from one color. I had more luck were I was more indifferent about the color. But now they often give us units where certain units matter to me more. =/

Agreed -.-

....This new banner I swear.

Ward filers and a bond skill with speed show up on Camilla. This would be like Tharja again.....

But thankfully she's not that interesting to me. I have Elincia so I'm pretty good there. Azura on the other hand has Hone Fliers again.... Of course they do it. But it's more that she can dance that interests me.

So we are supposed to get NY!Corrin for free? Nice, since him and Azura were the two I wanted.  Now if only I can get green when I summon and can actually pull Azura for once.  Flying dancer sounds really fun.

That's awesome! The banner only having three characters should make it way easier to get Azura and means I'll probably have a lot more orbs available for going for Gunnthra. It's like it's Christmas or something, wait, hmm. Also free Corrin, that's nice too I guess.

I was a big advocate of expecting that the Christmas TT might have a seasonal-style bonus unit (at least, until the datamine) but I'm not sure why they'd do it here or drop one of the usual four rather than adding a fifth. But I won't complain. I guess it helps take off some of the pressure for people feeling drained on orbs? But only if they realize how much of an advantage a three-character banner has over a four-character one in pulling specific units.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

So we are supposed to get NY!Corrin for free? Nice, since him and Azura were the two I wanted.  Now if only I can get green when I summon and can actually pull Azura for once.  Flying dancer sounds really fun.

At first I was bummed that we got NY!Corrin as free unit, but I was actually interested in having a good IV Leon for a long time so I'm okay with it. If only I can get CC from somewhere.

With the exception of the Askr trio, non-summonable units have so far always been released through a GHB or TT, making it possible to get them to at least +1 right off the bat and being in a way that could be rerun for more copies later. Corrin breaking that pattern would be very strange, and it makes me wonder if he'll be on the Voting Gauntlet banner or something in addition to being free. I think there's a pretty good chance that he'll be on a Legendary Heroes banner a few months down the line, but it'd be strange for that to be his first banner appearance.

@Othin Rhajat debuted on a Voting Gauntlet too though. Unless you meant debuting on a Legendary Banner... Which was also already done by Fjorm (who I think was also available free via Book II before the first Legendary banner, though maybe I have that backwards) and Gunnthrá, though maybe they don't count 'cause they're original characters.

And if the Seasonals keep being 2-at-a-time-from-two-banners per Legendary banner, then New Year's Corrin should be available on them in either June or July, assuming we keep getting one per month (I doubt we will, personally, but if they do, that's when we should see him pullable on one of those).

I'm cool with New Year's Corrin being free though, since I like his stats and skills but wouldn't pull for him specifically. Hopefully we get more than one free, I'd like to give my Deirdre Rally DEF/RES.

I'm gonna snipe Green on this banner until I get Azura, because flying singer is really good and I need a good axe user. Probably will go for Colorless if I can't get Green to show up tho, since Takumi also looks rather neat.

14 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Three-person banner is great news; easier to get everyone! (Unless you were planning to get a highly merged Corrin I suppose.)

That was my boat I was paddling but if he does end up being free that's a guaranteed having him instead of the off chance of only getting Takumi. And I can solely devote my orbs to green (even though that didn't work so well on the legendary banner).

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Othin Rhajat debuted on a Voting Gauntlet too though. Unless you meant debuting on a Legendary Banner... Which was also already done by Fjorm (who I think was also available free via Book II before the first Legendary banner, though maybe I have that backwards) and Gunnthrá, though maybe they don't count 'cause they're original characters.

Yeah, Rhajat, Fjorm, and Gunnthra were all made available for summoning, at least temporarily.

What I'm saying is that I think it'd be weird if one free Corrin is the only chance to get this Corrin, at least until he potentially returns on a later legendary hero banner several months from now.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, Rhajat, Fjorm, and Gunnthra were all made available for summoning, at least temporarily.

What I'm saying is that I think it'd be weird if one free Corrin is the only chance to get this Corrin, at least until he potentially returns on a later legendary hero banner several months from now.

Ah, I see what you mean.

Yeah, that would be unusual, though I don't think it's going to happen (we'll probably get 2 through quests, though I won't be surprised if one or both aren't 5-Stars when we get them).

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Corrin breaking that pattern would be very strange, and it makes me wonder if he'll be on the Voting Gauntlet banner or something in addition to being free.

It'd be weird to do that after what they did with having Rhajat in the Children of Fate video.

A Grand Hero Battle and a Voting Gauntlet therefore seem unlikely, leaving only Tempest Trials, quest reward, map reward, or login gift the precedented options. Of these, login gift also feels unlikely to me unless it is paired with another copy from another source.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It'd be weird to do that after what they did with having Rhajat in the Children of Fate video.

A Grand Hero Battle and a Voting Gauntlet therefore seem unlikely, leaving only Tempest Trials, quest reward, map reward, or login gift the precedented options. Of these, login gift also feels unlikely to me unless it is paired with another copy from another source.

We consider TT units, quest reward units, etc. free, but casual players might not. I'm guessing the free Corrin will be released through a similar "fixed one-time summon" as the free CYL unit, probably spanning the same time as the New Year's banner is available since it wouldn't make sense to release him much later.

It does raise the question of how they'd make any more copies available, though. I guess quests are an option?

sigh..on one hand i'm happy i'll be able to get Corn for certain because i've gotten somewhat attached to him with his normal form being my highest merge and a mainstay in my team since March...on the other hand...locked to neutral nature and limited merges...sigh..he was pretty much the reason i was going to binge roll the New Year's banner since i don't care much about getting the OPs anymore.

48 minutes ago, Othin said:

We consider TT units, quest reward units, etc. free, but casual players might not. I'm guessing the free Corrin will be released through a similar "fixed one-time summon" as the free CYL unit, probably spanning the same time as the New Year's banner is available since it wouldn't make sense to release him much later.

It does raise the question of how they'd make any more copies available, though. I guess quests are an option?

Translations I've been coming across indicate the Twitter says it's an event reward, though. Which would make it free in the sense of not needing to do anything with orbs, but I guess they have something at least nominal in mind to make us earn it. Maybe they'll go the route of Fjorm and have Corrin as a reward for finishing a full paralogue.

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Translations I've been coming across indicate the Twitter says it's an event reward, though. Which would make it free in the sense of not needing to do anything with orbs, but I guess they have something at least nominal in mind to make us earn it. Maybe they'll go the route of Fjorm and have Corrin as a reward for finishing a full paralogue.

Mm, that does seem reasonable.

And here I was thinking that, out of the regular characters I want to see added to the game, Reyson had the most chances since he'd be interesting as the first flying refresher. Silly me.

Loving the art and designs of all the seasonal units here, though! (Even if I suspect Camilla of stealing that outfit from my favorite purple-haired Hoshidan lady.)

Edited by Kori

38 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Apparently NY!Camilla has a glitch where her boon is highlighted in green.

Wow. The last unit to have that was Tharja from all the way back in launch.

Also, anyone else feel like this banner is really generous?? 0.0

What if they're planning to implement a visible boon/bane system? But it could just be a buff error.

It's an okay banner. I got Azura in 5 orbs so I'm quite happy. Saving my orbs for the possible RD banner. I mean, dawn of a new year -> Radiant Dawn. Please make this happen IS.

Edited by silveraura25

Took me a while, but I finally pulled Azura (after 2 Takumis, 1 Mist, 1 Mia, and 1 Camilla).

And what do you know, she's [+Spd, -Def] like every other +Spd Azura I have.

I should have enough budget remaining this month to pull for a few more copies, but I think I'm taking a break from pulling for a bit. The Legendary Heroes banner has me drained.