Conquest Captured Units Database

anniec8711

Happy Belated Christmas Everyone!

I am creating a database of captured generic units in FE Fates Conquest that I can use for future playthroughs (maybe an all captured/generics run in the future).  Unlike Birthright and Revelations, generic units  in Conquest can possess skills outside their base class set.  Despite the having smaller skill pools then your regular army, these captured units come with boosted bases stats on Hard/Lunatic modes and increased weapon ranks in their promoted classes, which eliminates the dreaded E-rank weapon grind. Some of them might end up being some of the best units in your army (e.g. Haitaka, Kumagera, Rallyman). So far I have captured 25 units and I am on Chapter 22 of Conquest Hard Mode.  Here is what I have so far:

Units will be listed using the following format: Chapter XX - Mode - Name (if unique boss), Class w/ Skills upon capture

Chapter 09 - Hard - Haitaka, Spear Fighter w/ Rally Defense, Strong Riposte

Chapter 13 - Hard - Wyvern Rider w/ Quick Draw

Chapter 13 - Hard - Diviner w/ Malefic Aura

Chapter 14 - Hard - Kumagera, Oni Chieftain w/ Darting Blow, Certain Blow, Counter Magic

Chapter 14 - Hard - Archer w/ Poison Strike

Chapter 16 - Hard - Sorcerer w/ Inspiration

Chapter 16 - Hard - Hero w/ Armored Blow

Chapter 16 - Hard - Adventurer w/ Seal Strength

Chapter 17 - Hard - Samurai w/ Quick Draw, Locktouch

Chapter 17 - Hard - Shrine Maiden w/ Locktouch

Chapter 17 - Hard - Master Ninja w/ Movement +1, Locktouch, Poison Strike

Chapter 18 - Hard - Bow Knight w/ Quick Draw

Chapter 18 - Hard - General w/ Warding Blow, Wary Fighter

Chapter 20 - Hard - Great Master w/ Seal Speed

Chapter 20 - Hard - Priestess w/ Lunge

Chapter 20 - Hard - Spear Master w/ Renewal

Chapter 20 - Hard - Falcon Knight w/ Armored Blow

(For Paralogues, class and stats of enemies depend on your progress in the game at the time you start the paralogue.  I completed all these chapters before I started Chapter 18, so these enemies will be in their base class)

Paralogue 16 - Hard - Fighter w/ Certain Blow

Paralogue 16 - Hard - Cavalier w/ Trample

Paralogue 16 - Hard - Gazak, Fighter w/ Pavise, Certain Blow, Good Fortune

Paralogue 20 - Hard - Wyvern Rider w/ Darting Blow

Paralogue 20 - Hard - Senno, Apothecary w/ Lucky 7, Seal Magic, Potent Potion

Paralogue 21 - Hard - Outlaw w/ Poison Stike

Paralogue 21 - Hard - Zhara, Mercenary w/ Coutermagic, Pass, Sol

Paralogue 22 - Hard - Knight w/ Inspiration, Wary Fighter, Armored Blow

Feel free to help me by contributing units that you have captured using the specified format.  I will update my list as I progress further into the game.  Happy Hunting.

It's kind of interesting to see a forum thread about capturing units right after I just finished doing a Lunatic run of capturing mooks with unique skills on them. Anyways, here's a list of units that I captured on my recent playthrough of Lunatic Conquest. I only did the main chapters and didn't bother with the Paralogues.

Chapter 9-Lunatic-Haitaka, Spear Fighter w/ Rally Defense, Strong Riposte, Seal Defense

Chapter 14-Lunatic-Kumagera, Oni Cheiftain w/ Countermagic, Darting Blow, Certain Blow

Chapter 16-Lunatic-Adventurer w/ Seal Strength, Seal Defense

Chapter 17-Lunatic-Master Ninja w/ Poison Strike, Locktouch, Move+1, Grisly Wound

Chapter 17-Lunatic-Mechanist w/ Life and Death, Locktouch

Chapter 23-Lunatic-'Rallyman', Master of Arms w/ Rally Strength, Rally Speed, Rally, Defense, Rally Resistance

Chapter 23-Lunatic-Spear Master w/ Rally Strength, Rally Skill, Rally Speed, Amaterasu

Chapter 23-Lunatic-Spear Master w/ Rally Luck, Rally Defense, Rally Resistance, Amaterasu

Chapter 23-Lunatic-Spear Master w/ Seal Strength, Seal Defense, Lunge

Chapter 23-Lunatic-Sniper w/ Counter, Strong Riposte

Chapter 24-Lunatic-Onmyoji w/ Shurikenbreaker, Heartseeker

Chapter 24-Lunatic-Falcon Knight w/ Pass

Chapter 24-Lunatic-Kinshi Knight w/ Bowbreaker

Chapter 25-Lunatic-Master of Arms w/ Certain Blow, Death Blow

Chapter 25-Lunatic-Master of Arms w/ Aegis, Pavise

Chapter 26-Lunatic-General w/ Warding Blow, Armored Blow, Countermagic, Wary Fighter

Chapter 26-Lunatic-Berserker w/ Certain Blow, Armored Blow, Inspiration

Chapter 26-Lunatic-Hero w/ Counter, Quick Draw

Chapter 26-Lunatic-Hero w/ Aegis, Darting Blow

Chapter 26-Lunatic-Hero w/ Swordfaire, Lucky Seven

All together I captured twenty units.

Wow! That is quite a list of prisoners you got there.  Thank you very much for your additions!  Capturing units serves as fun side quests and adds a challenge to the level (as if the Conquest maps needed any more :P:).  What I love about these units is that they require little to no training to catch up to the rest of your team.  Plus with high starting weapon ranks they are good to go.  Next playthrough I will definitely play on Lunatic.  I am pretty sure the enemies on the later chapters don't come with all the Lunatic skills on Hard Mode :(:.  The Amaterasu Spear Masters and Rallyman on Chapter 23 Lunatic have skill sets that would make some of your main support units jealous.

Yeah, enemies on Hard mode usually have one less unique skill than what they would have on Lunatic or they might only be exclusive to Lunatic mode for some of them. I'm pretty sure 'Rallyman' only has three rally skills on hard mode instead of four and the Chapter 23 Spear Masters only have two Rally skills instead of three. I also know that enemies on Lunatic all have max weapon rank even after you captured them so for example Haitaka has a B-rank in lances and Snipers has S-rank in bows.

It's worth noting that the earliest availible b-stave is ch9 and the earliest S-stave is ch18. These are both top tier captures tbh as the ch9 maiden is the first possible source of rally mag/luck at 10/5 and S-staves are godly.

Just noting this so folks will shutup about reclassing jakob/elise already.

The lunge ninja's in kaze's room on ch11 are basicly entrap charges way before entrap is avalible and it's almost always worth grabbing two of them.

Edited by joshcja

6 hours ago, joshcja said:

It's worth noting that the earliest availible b-stave is ch9 and the earliest S-stave is ch18. These are both top tier captures tbh as the ch9 maiden is the first possible source of rally mag/luck at 10/5 and S-staves are godly.

Just noting this so folks will shutup about reclassing jakob/elise already.

The lunge ninja's in kaze's room on ch11 are basicly entrap charges way before entrap is avalible and it's almost always worth grabbing two of them.

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt the earliest available B Stave really chapter 7 (if on Lunatic mode at least) because of the shrine maiden right outside of Haitaka's room?

Edit, Im dumb, you were right chapter 9 is ther one with Haitaka. Its been a while since I was at the start of Conquest.

Edited by Hoenn

Is Lunatic Chapter 11 the one with the Armored Blow/Lunge Samurai and the Speed Seal Ninja? On hard made I didn't think there were any worthwhile captures in that Chapter.  The Counter Archers are more of a gimmick that work better as enemies than units on your own squad.  The Miracle Diviners don't have a high enough luck stat to make Miracle worthwhile.

I'm not too sure about the Lunge Ninjas, but I ended up not capturing any.  I never really used Lunge so I don't know any advanced strategies and setups for it. My original thought is it would be more suited for bulkier units to breach enemy formations, as they can better deal with the enemy phase.

7 hours ago, anniec8711 said:

I'm not too sure about the Lunge Ninjas, but I ended up not capturing any.  I never really used Lunge so I don't know any advanced strategies and setups for it. My original thought is it would be more suited for bulkier units to breach enemy formations, as they can better deal with the enemy phase.

Yes ch11 is trump tower.

Lunge as a player skill is really really good as a repositioning/movement tool but it's limited by a need to survive.

Capture fodder is expendable and can kamakazi lunge to do some truely silly things. A good place to play with this is ch12.

• 3 weeks later...

More notable capturables (Now will add locations of these units and some applicable commentary):

Chapter 22 - Hard - Blacksmith w/ Pavise - Reinforcement that spawns at the lower left forts once you reach the turrets - A toned down version of Gazak.   Pavise is great skill on a frontliner which is why he is the best Blacksmith (out of many) in this Chapter.  And he can learn Death Blow, Counter, and Lancebreaker which Gazak can't access.

Chapter 22 - Hard - Oni Chieftain w/ Heartseeker, Death Blow - Hanging out with the mechanist at the left turret - Not nearly as good as Kumagera but Heartseeker helps patch his abysmal skill stat.  Also not having to grind for Death Blow is an added Bonus

Chapter 22 - Hard - Mechanist w/ Inspiration - The ones manning the turrets - Not too big on these dudes but Inspiration is a great skill to have

Chapter 22 - Hard - Falcon Knight w/ Lancefaire - Spawns in the upper right fort just below the turret (separated by a levee).  I think they come one turn AFTER the Pavise Blacksmith reinforcement.  Don't occupy that fort, otherwise they will not spawn and you lose the opportunity to capture one.  They come in Guard Stance so you get two shots to nab one of these ladies - And they are well worth it!  Falcon Knight is already an awesome class, but to give them Lancefaire on top of that?!  Combine that with 17 MAG and unhampered movement, you got yourself a truly versatile unit that can provide support (heal and rally) or bring the Wrath of Zeus with the Bolt Naginata!

Chapter 22 - Hard - Onmyoji w/ Vantage, Evenhanded -  Hiding behind the far upper right Levee - Not sold on this guy either, but captured him because he came with two unique skills and I still needed on onmyoji in my logbook.  I will replace him when I capture a better one.

On a side note, but still related to the topic, I found that replacing Movement +1 with Warp on Niles makes capturing much, much easier.  This is especially true on Chapter 22 where I believe it would have been close to impossible to capture the mentioned Blacksmith and Falcon Knights at the same time.  My current build on Niles consists of the following:

Skills - Warp, Certain Blow, Quick Draw, Malefic Aura, Bowfaire (will replace Malefic Aura w/ Shurikenbreaker once I reach Ninja Hell)

Equipment - Killer Bow, Shining Bow, +2 Violin Bow

Capturables from the Great Wall of Suzanoh:

Chapter 23 - Hard - Rallyman LITE, Master of Arms w/ Rally Strength, Rally Defense* - Across the ridge guarding the eastern most entrance up the wall, surrounded by 3 Quick Draw Spear Masters - The man, the myth, the legend.  Despite not having the Lunatic spectrum (Rally Spd and Res), Rally Str and Def are still fantastic on a support unit, and all your frontliners will appreciate him a lot.  You could replace Laslow with him if so inclined.  While his offensive stats are inferior, Rallyman holds a considerable bulk advantage vs. Laslow at the same level.  Plus having access to the Samurai skill set means he can hold his own in combat on the EP since he'll be rallying non-stop. 

Chapter 23 - Hard - Spear Master w/ Amaterasu, Rally Defense* AND Spear Master w/ Amaterasu, Rally Strength* - Flanking Hinata on either side.  The ones w/ Rally Defense come in a Guard Stance - The Sun God Twins and the top disciples of Rallyman.  Like their esteemed master, they come with less unique skills than their Lunatic counterparts.  But Amaterasu and a Rally is more than enough for the Spear Master Bros to find a spot on your team.  I love the Spear Fighter class line.  With support skills they become truly versatile and can fill whatever role you need from them (debuffer, ralleyer, healer, RH Spammer, etc).  IMO you can never have enough Spear Masters and are on par with Haitaka statwise.  Speaking of which, Haitaka could really use some Hoshidan Lancers to chill with in the mess hall.  He's almost at whits end with Odin constantly pestering him about naming his lances; or overhearing Niles' innuendos toward the female soldiers.

Chapter 23 - Hard - Basara w/ Armored Blow - All over the map.  I caught the one paired up with Oboro due to his maxed out Tome rank - I love Armored Blow and it works great on a Hybrid Class like Basara, that can safely attack close or ranged physical enemies.  Bulk and Magic stats are solid.  This Basara has access to the Spear Fighter class line which means SEALS and Lancefaire (Bolt Naginata time)! Definitely more preferable than the Diviner Line whose only real useful skills are MAG +2 and Tomefaire.

Chapter 23 - Hard - Sniper w/ Strong Riposte - 3 of these guys surrounding the Amaterasu Sniper manning the wall Ballista - Big Fan of this guy!  With SR, Quick Draw, and Bowfaire, he deals +9 damage on the PP and +8 on the EP.  Give this guy Amaterasu and you have a passive healer who can pick off enemies as he hides behind your meat shields.  Hell, you can even make this guy a great PVP unit with Air Superiority and Certain Blow!

* - Denotes a unit who comes with additional skills on Lunatic.  Refer to NSSKG151's post for Lunatic skills.

Capturables from the Hoshidan Capital:

The amount of quality flying units you can capture in Conquest never ceases to amaze me and this chapter has the best ones you can get.  If don't plan on playing the other 2 paths but still want to play PVP, seriously consider nabbing some flyers here.  The Onmyojis and Oni Chieftains are nothing to sneeze at either.  All these units come at a levels 13-14 which means they are still able to obtain all their native skills without use of eternal seals. 

Chapter 24 - Hard - Falcon Knight w/ Aegis

Chapter 24 - Hard - Falcon Knight w/ Pass - All over the map.  All Falcos will one or the other - Aegis and Pass are great skills, and mesh well with the Sky Knight class line.  It comes down to whether you prefer combat or utility. I nabbed one of each, and made sure to capture the ones with B-rank lances.  Immediate access to Bolt Naginata and Freeze, Rescue, Silence, and Enfeeble staves; coupled with the class' unhampered mobility make them well-rounded support units for both in-game and PVP.  These girls are rocking a boss statlines that hold up decently to Hinoka (especially for a generic). I could go on for a whole thread blabbing how awesome these ladies are but 3 words sum it up nicely: FLYING STAFF USER.

Chapter 24 - Hard - Kinshi Knight w/ Bowbreaker - 2 start off at the lower left of the map.  A reinforcement pair shows up on the upper right (I think?), but I forgot which turn - FINALLY!  A Kinshi Knight with a unique skill, and it happens to be the one that patches up her main weakness!  Usefulness is limited in-game due to late join but could find a niche in the next chapter as a mobile Ninja slayer, and could also assist against the SM's and MOA's with lances.  Her real potential lies in PVP where the Kinshi Knight truly shines: high space coverage, bows to counter ninjas, Air Superiority to better deal with flyers, and the ever important Bowbreaker.  Unfortunately this Kinshi has the Sky Knight class line which means no Quick Draw, Certain Blow, or Bowfaire :(:.   But Darting Blow and Warding Blow are still very useful combat skills for her.

Chapter 24 - Hard - Oni Chieftain w/ Certain Blow, Life and Death - Paired with Hinoka - The Oni Chieftains in this chapter can deal it (29 STR) and take it (44 HP, 29 DEF).  LD makes this particular guy a kamikaze unit that can wreck on the Player Phase, especially with Death Blow.  For a dirty setup give this guy a Tomahawk and watch the fireworks.  Want to attack me head on? Go ahead, I got counter.  Attack at range?  Fine, take this +10 Tomahawk damage to the face (his skill stat is actually god awful and Certain Blow doesn't work on the EP, so Option 2 might be the safer choice unless you can one-shot him).  You could take away LD to give him better survivability, but where's the fun in that?

Chapter 24 - Hard - Oni Chieftain w/ Seal Speed - Set of three of them chilling at the island across from your starting position.  Some appear as reinforcements but I forgot where and which turn they appear - I didn't capture the one with B-axes unfortunately.  This guy is the more conservative option relying on tanking/debuffing as opposed to the suicide tactics of his brethren.  Anyone not able to kill this dude gets a nasty -6 to both SPD and RES, becoming easy pickings for your mages and speed demons.  Thanks to his high base HP and DEF, he should be able to withstand an enemy onslaught with the right pair-up.  Dang I wish the Oni Chieftains came with Wary Fighter.  They'd be such pain in the asses to deal with.

Chapter 24 - Hard - Onmyoji w/ Shurikenbreaker, Heartseeker - Next to Setsuna - Hands down the best mage you can capture in Hard Mode.  Because SHURIKENBREAKER.  Heartseeker works well with SB because since shurikens have 1-2 range, standing at 2-range doesn't matter.  So might as well get up in the faces of those ninjas for that important +20 hit.  When placed correctly, Heartseeker can also assist your less accurate range attackers such as Elise.  And he's a staff user!  I know Conquest gets flack for lack of staffbots in the game.  So why not capture one?!  So many good options out there, and Niles would serve your team better with his bow and lockpick rather than his heal staff.

Please feel free to add to this list with any enemies you captured in your Conquest playthrough.  Please use the entry format described in the original post and list the location of the unit if you are able.  Additional information you have is certainly welcome! :):

Edited by anniec8711

Thank you all for the detailed list. I have not used captured units extensively (because Niles has not been a primary unit of my recent parties) but this thread got very interesting as it evolved. If anything, it was entertaining to identify each of these capturing-worthy enemies.

If I remember correctly, one can capture  most (all?) Paralogue bosses in the Museum Melee DLC map, right?

9 hours ago, starburst said:

Thank you all for the detailed list. I have not used captured units extensively (because Niles has not been a primary unit of my recent parties) but this thread got very interesting as it evolved. If anything, it was entertaining to identify each of these capturing-worthy enemies.

If I remember correctly, one can capture  most (all?) Paralogue bosses in the Museum Melee DLC map, right?

You're very welcome, and glad we could help!  Niles is one of my favorite units and bows are really good in this game.  I S-ranked him with Mozu to increase his Bow Damage and help with his shaky hit.  Hopefully on your next run you might consider giving capturables a try (at the very least, I recommend Haitaka, Kumagera, and Gazak).

And yes, you can capture ALL Paralogue bosses in Museum Melee.  Conquest bosses come with all the unique skills from their Paralogue (though they have limited unique skills if you play on Normal Difficulty).  However, I suggest capturing bosses in their Paralogue if you are able to.  Statwise, their paralogue versions are much stronger than their Museum Melee counterparts.

On 3/2/2018 at 1:13 AM, anniec8711 said:

You're very welcome, and glad we could help!  Niles is one of my favorite units and bows are really good in this game.  I S-ranked him with Mozu to increase his Bow Damage and help with his shaky hit.  Hopefully on your next run you might consider giving capturables a try (at the very least, I recommend Haitaka, Kumagera, and Gazak).

I agree with you on how powerful bows are in this game. Sniper Mozu has constantly been an MVP candidate in my campaigns, and my current party also includes Bow Knights Nina and Soleil. In other runs, I have often used Adventurer Anna. I simply do not use Niles.

I think that the main reason why I do not use captured units extensively is that I do not get to 'know' them. And I am aware that there are multiple poorly designed characters, countless ridiculous, anti-climatic Support Conversations, and so on. But I, for one, enjoy the in-battle voice acting. Every time a character celebrates, attacks, supports or defends a teammate, or reacts to a level-up, I get to 'know' them a bit more.

And those bits about each character shape my party: Thirteen out of thirty units have zero Experience Points, two others gained a couple of levels only because their very early join postponed their discard, and I did not even care to visit the Paralogues of 'extra' children (Kana and Shigure.) This is, I focus on the characters that I like and ignore the rest.

On the other hand, I have been thinking about doing an 'Ironman' campaign, and generic, captured units might be my best bet to achieve it. It will be a more 'utilitarian' run, I guess; without attachment.

On 2/5/2018 at 6:47 PM, starburst said:

I think that the main reason why I do not use captured units extensively is that I do not get to 'know' them. And I am aware that there are multiple poorly designed characters, countless ridiculous, anti-climatic Support Conversations, and so on. But I, for one, enjoy the in-battle voice acting. Every time a character celebrates, attacks, supports or defends a teammate, or reacts to a level-up, I get to 'know' them a bit more.

Yea I get that.  Using generics feels as if you're using "empty" units with no back story or personality.  But the portraits for the generic units are pretty well done in my opinion.  And I find it fun to create backstories for them, and it gives me some level of attachment to them.  I usually base them on the circumstance of their chapter they were captured in and/or who managed to convince them in join while they were in prison.  Have fun with it and see what stories you can come up with.  Here are a couple of mine to give you ideas on your next run:

Reinhard, Wyvern Rider (Chapter 14): A young, patriotic, and impressionable wyvern rider from Cheve.  A devout student of Scarlett and member the resistance who readily takes up arms against the Nohrian invaders.  Very bitter about being captured and not being there to defend Cheve as the Nohrians brutally massacre his countrymen and comrades.  His hatred for Nohr only intensifies from the site of Hans brutally executing his beloved mentor Scarlett, whom he looked up to as an elder sister.  Eventually convinced by fellow wyvern rider Beruka, when he learns of Corrin's true intentions and is promised a chance for vengeance against Hans.  Strikes up a friendship with the former that stems from their common profession.  They exchange anything wyvern related ranging from riding technique, saddle types, to which foods are best to feed their steeds.

Kenshi, Great Master (Chapter 20): Infamously known as "Krazy Kenshi" among the Hoshidan Holy Order.  Even Azama once remarked that Kenshi "really needs to get his shit together."  Spends more time hitting on Shrine Maidens than his training.  He also passes time by putting on his mask to scare little kids.  The head of priests sent him to work under Fuga thinking that would straighten him out.  This proved fruitless as all he would do was hit on the Falcon Knights and go on drinking binges with Hayato.  Fuga has had enough of this twit and his prayers to get rid of him are answered when the winds blow him conveniently into the path of Niles who swiftly captures him.  Strangely enough, it is Laslow who convinces him to join.  Sensing a kindred Spirit, the retainer entices Kenshi with the prospect of waves upon waves of "exotic" Nohrian women.  It is a prospect that the Great Master readily accepts.

Hey, anniec8711, I really liked your portrayal of Krazy Kenshi. I know the unit (an early reinforcement), and now I want to capture him too!
Maybe you are right and I just need more imagination to create some attachment to generic characters and enjoy the campaign.

One last question, though: Do generic units have below average growths? How did most of your generic units turn out? Is common practice to capture a unit and replace them soon, precisely because they all have bad growths?

Edited by starburst

Chapter 20 is the only chapter you can capture Great Masters in Conquest.  Make sure to capture the ones with Seal Speed (best debuff in the game) and not Seal Resistance (which only benefits a fraction of your party).  Two start out somewhere near the center of the map.  You are correct about Great Master reinforcements, and I think they come with Seal Speed.  If I am not mistaken they appear from the Southwest, but I forgot which turn.  These Great Masters are awesome units to have: staff users that can use Bolt Naginata out of the gate, and eventually get Renewal which greatly complements Seal Speed for some very effective frontline utility.  If you prefer offense over utility, there are Spear Masters with Renewal you can capture instead.

I definitely encourage you to incorporate generics into your team and see what backstories you can come up with for them.  I modeled Kenshi's backstory after Saul from FE6.  Keep in mind, names for generics are randomized, so you're Great Master will most likely have a different name. 

To answer your question, generic growths are for the most part mediocre.  But as you get farther into the game, base stats for promoted generics (Heroes, Spear Masters, etc) are pretty decent and usually offset their below-average growth rates.  Promoted generics turned out pretty good for me, whereas my base class generics were okay offensively but ended up rather flimsy on defense.  Generally I would hold off capturing base class generics (samurais, archers, diviners, etc.) unless they come with really good unique skills.  This is especially true with regards to Paralogue capturables, whose stats correspond to your progress in the game.  You'd want to wait until they are promoted since their base stats rise at a rate higher than their generic growths.  Plus you get free weapon ranks, which is very valuable since you don't have to E-grind their secondary weapons.  

Off the top of my head, some really good base class generics you can capture:

Chapter 11 - Lunatic Only - Samurai w/ Armored Blow, Lunge, in the Center Room

Chapter 11 - Lunatic Only - Ninja w/ Seal Speed, Rinkah's Room

Chapter 13 - Hard and Up - Wyvern Rider w/ Quick Draw, next to Scarlett and western reinforcements

Chapter 14 - Hard and Up - Archer w/ Poison Strike, a couple spread out throughout the map

Chapter 16 - Hard and Up - Dark Mage w/ Seal Defense, western end of the ship

Chapter 16 - Hard and Up - Mercenary w/ Armored Blow, eastern end of the ship.  I would rather catch the hero due to high axe rank.

Chapter 17 - Hard and Up - Shrine Maiden w/ Locktouch, near the lower center of the map

I don't have much to add to this for Conquest but I am noticing a few decent options on my current Birthright playthrough. While it takes a while for enemy units to show up with skills in the story chapters, occasionally you'll find some in the random battles.

Also I just noticed the boss of the first Invasion is a Wyvern Rider with Quick Draw and Elbow Room as well as Rank C in axes. Definitely a worthwhile addition, especially for the Pegasus fest that is Chapter 11. 

I may post more if I find any worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'm impressed you'd devote your time to this - I generally don't find much reason to bother with capture (largely because Niles tends not to hold up).

Niles to me is top tier due to his early join and can double right out of the gate, often without retaliation.  Having locktouch (and healing later) makes him a vital unit.  He can handle most types of enemies: mages with his high RES, ninjas with WTA, obviously fliers, and physical units with Shining Bow.  I do agree that he can lag behind in the later chapters especially with his shaky STR, SKL, and DEF growths.  So I S-rank him with Mozu to patch his damage and hit, and HP+5 from Arthur helps him out. Niles is such a versatile unit that can fill so many different roles depending on what your team needs, especially in a game lacking in healers and bow users.  This is what I usually have him rocking in-game:

Skills - Locktouch,Warp, Certain Blow, Quick Draw, Bowfaire (I also swap some skills for Malefic Aura, HP+5, or Shurikenbreaker depending on the map)

Equipment - Killer Bow, Shining Bow, Setsuna's Yumi, Bloom/Sun Festal

1 hour ago, Johnnie said:

I may post more if I find any worthwhile.

Any unique capturables from Birthright are welcome as well!  Compared to CQ, enemies in BR rarely have skills outside their class sets.  The only such case that comes to mind is the Strategist Boss Daniela from Chapter 14 who has Savage Blow.  But if you come across any more enemies with unique skills on BR, be sure to put them here! 

12 hours ago, anniec8711 said:

Niles to me is top tier due to his early join and can double right out of the gate, often without retaliation.  Having locktouch (and healing later) makes him a vital unit.  He can handle most types of enemies: mages with his high RES, ninjas with WTA, obviously fliers, and physical units with Shining Bow.  I do agree that he can lag behind in the later chapters especially with his shaky STR, SKL, and DEF growths.  So I S-rank him with Mozu to patch his damage and hit, and HP+5 from Arthur helps him out. Niles is such a versatile unit that can fill so many different roles depending on what your team needs, especially in a game lacking in healers and bow users.  This is what I usually have him rocking in-game:

Skills - Locktouch,Warp, Certain Blow, Quick Draw, Bowfaire (I also swap some skills for Malefic Aura, HP+5, or Shurikenbreaker depending on the map)

Equipment - Killer Bow, Shining Bow, Setsuna's Yumi, Bloom/Sun Festal

IMHO, high availability only means so much, and it doesn't do you much good if you suck or otherwise drag the team down (Case in point: Arthur. He has perfect availability, but I wouldn't consider him a good unit in Conquest - rather, I'd say he's the bottom of the barrel). Anyway, doesn't Warp require being level 15 promoted for male units to get? Because for the record, I don't see level 15 skills coming into play for anyone not named Jakob or Felicia until endgame's right around the corner. Back to Niles, his stats aside from Speed and Resistance tend to be suspect, and his case isn't helped by the fact that outside of capture, which I don't care for, what he can do, his daughter Nina can generally do better (though to some extent, that's dependent on her mother). Being versatile is one thing, but it ain't any help if you're outclassed at most everything you can do (and if that's the case, I'll have a very hard time justifying your presence on the team unless I REALLY like you)... As for weaponry, I would say it's easy to do better than a killer weapon in Fates, especially if your offense is already suspect.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

43 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

IMHO, high availability only means so much, and it doesn't do you much good if you suck or otherwise drag the team down (Case in point: Arthur. He has perfect availability, but I wouldn't consider him a good unit in Conquest - rather, I'd say he's the bottom of the barrel). Anyway, doesn't Warp require being level 15 promoted for male units to get? Because for the record, I don't see level 15 skills coming into play for anyone not named Jakob or Felicia until endgame's right around the corner. Back to Niles, his stats aside from Speed and Resistance tend to be suspect, and his case isn't helped by the fact that outside of capture, which I don't care for, what he can do, his daughter Nina can generally do better (though to some extent, that's dependent on her mother). Being versatile is one thing, but it ain't any help if you're outclassed at most everything you can do (and if that's the case, I'll have a very hard time justifying your presence on the team unless I REALLY like you)... As for weaponry, I would say it's easy to do better than a killer weapon in Fates, especially if your offense is already suspect.

Niles never really turns out stellar for me statwise but still decent enough to do what's asked of him.  Niles' value is in his versatility and access to some pretty awesome units you couldn't otherwise get (Haitaka, Gazak, Rallyman, etc).  Warp serves as a great late game skill that enables him to capture enemies on opposite ends of the map.  I don't really use children units extensively in my runs, except Percy and Ophelia.  I might on later runs though.  Velouria seems pretty fun to use.

10 hours ago, Johnnie said:

Looks like I spoke too soon as you can't capture any units in Invasion battles. That Wyvern Rider would have been awesome.

Enemies in invasion battles are Vallite soldiers unfortunately, and thus can't be captured.  That is a shame too.  Quick Draw + Elbow Room is pretty good skill combo!

5 hours ago, anniec8711 said:

Niles never really turns out stellar for me statwise but still decent enough to do what's asked of him.  Niles' value is in his versatility and access to some pretty awesome units you couldn't otherwise get (Haitaka, Gazak, Rallyman, etc).  Warp serves as a great late game skill that enables him to capture enemies on opposite ends of the map.  I don't really use children units extensively in my runs, except Percy and Ophelia.  I might on later runs though.  Velouria seems pretty fun to use.

The problem, as I see it, is that while Niles can do multiple things, doing them WELL is another matter entirely. And Capture isn't worth a damn if Niles hits like a wet noodle. Anyway, I generally don't capture Haitaka since Niles just can't do enough damage, and he has to contend with iffy hit rates as well... And Gazak and Rallyman don't come until Niles has long outlived his usefulness. Gazak in particular isn't helped by the fact that I find Berserkers far more threatening as enemies than as allies. WRT the children, I oft find myself using them since I don't exactly have a glowing opinion of some of the fathers as units (I'm looking at YOU, Arthur, Niles, Odin, Kaze, and Silas!). Regarding Warp, I don't really see that being relevant for more than like 3 chapters at most unless you're a girl.

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The problem, as I see it, is that while Niles can do multiple things, doing them WELL is another matter entirely. And Capture isn't worth a damn if Niles hits like a wet noodle.

DANG!  No love for the one-eyed outlaw? It's all good though.  I get it. 

The purpose of this thread is to identify unique capturable enemies you can use on your teams.  Whether or not to use these enemy units, and Niles to capture them is completely up the player.  To each his own (or her).

Should have Chapters 25 and 26 up soon.  Quite underwhelmed by these capturables overall, but the ones on 26 come with massive skill upgrades on Lunatic (credit to @NSSKG151 for first pointing them out).

Edited by anniec8711