Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Robin, Festive Tactician
    • Lissa, Pure Joy
    • Chrom, Gifted Leader
    • Tharja, “Normal Girl”
    • Azura, Celebratory Spirit
    • Camilla, Holiday Traveller
    • Takumi, Prince of Soup
    • Ryoma, Peerless Samurai

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

I have a minor gripe with people talking about strategic play on a grander scale. The VG is essentially the prisoner's dilemma in mobile game form and taken from two people to thousands/millions/whatever. The 500 victory feathers are about as big as the gap from moving one tier to the next, so of course people are going to go with spending the max number of flags in the multiplier to try to get the best score they can since there's no guarantee everyone else on their team is going to hold off to give themselves a better chance of winning.

It's hard to coordinate things with this many people when there's excellent communication channels, let alone when there's effectively none. Sure, discord and whatnot, but I'd imagine any individual server is a microcosm of the total number of team players and that there are probably a ton that aren't connected to any sort of online community in any meaningful way. It's a lot more akin to millions of self-focused players than any sort of team effort from everything I've seen.

Then again, maybe I'm talking out my ass and there's a lot more coordination on a grander scale going on that I'm not aware of.

Anyway, I'm a little annoyed with how the multiplier seems to kick in 5 minutes or so after the hour sometimes, but it's just a mobile game, so I can't complain that much. Same with VGs in general. Sure, they're not perfect, but it's essentially free feathers, so just have fun with that. I'm at about 13,000 total now, so after this week's arena results, I should have enough to finish my most recent build, which is pretty sweet and makes this worth it overall.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I like playing with only Bob-ombs, proximity mines, and party balls turned on (on maximum frequency). It's really fun.

Invincibility stars and one up flags only! It works best with a timed stock match, otherwise it could drag on forever.

9 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

All bob-ombs and Pokeballs are fun :)

Ah I remember playing Brawl with Pokeball hacks. Manaphy and Ho-oh only was so much chaos!

9 hours ago, Astellius said:

Also, turn up the starting damage and power to the maximum, and start the match with a ton of lives! Explosions and death abound.

Random customs (with equipment) works well too! Not knowing exactly what each character has in their arsenal can get pretty crazy if you've accumulated a ton of different equipment effects.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo

Shoutouts to @Rezzy's awesome Eldigan, @Frenzify's Beruka who still somehow managed to beat Arden, @Momentai~'s Brave Lucina for balancing out my colours and @DefaultBeep's lovely Clarisse for helping me out when the colour balance was against me.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't get any of your units but it is nice that Lucina helped against those dreaded red matches.

4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Thanks, guys!  :B):

And thank you for your Laslow! I've added at least 10 people on SF but you are the first SF person whose unit appeared for me. I thought I was cursed to never get anyone from here lol.

To be fair, I had been expecting Tharja/Camilla final this time.

It appears I was mistaken after all, but it was predictable who'd win.

Either way I did not even bother getting all the feathers and the only reason I was putting flags in late was because I'd been to a late screening last night.

Lissa got to a final, that's neat imo. Not likely to happen again.

Wooooo for the lovely feathers. I'm happy with my decision to join Team Lissa, since I ended up in just under the top ranks on both sides even without owning the character. (I mean rank bands not rank numbers). 

For some reason, during the last load of matches, I only ever got one person's Reinhardt joining me. It meant I could keep using Xander, who is a good partner for Reinhardt, but I had some friends on Team Lissa earlier in the run, so it made me laugh that he suddenly seemed to be the only one at the very end.

19 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I ended the final round with a score of 1,990,420 and rank 668 in the army. 

Total score was 3,430,814 and rank 129 overall.  Happy with that. :):

Most frequent SF allies

Thanks, guys!  :B):

Another ally unit I got a lot was a really powerful +9 Hinata.  I don't think that guy is from these forums, though.

I’m glad that my Eliwood was useful. Speaking of allies, I kept getting a merged Beruka often. 

15 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

For some reason, during the last load of matches, I only ever got one person's Reinhardt joining me. It meant I could keep using Xander, who is a good partner for Reinhardt, but I had some friends on Team Lissa earlier in the run, so it made me laugh that he suddenly seemed to be the only one at the very end.

Haha, hmmm, I wonder if it was mine.  I had Laslow up for the first day of the last round, but I put up Rein on the second day.  :P:

42 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Haha, hmmm, I wonder if it was mine.  I had Laslow up for the first day of the last round, but I put up Rein on the second day.  :P:

Probably so. If I recall, he had a + and I think QP and probably Moonbow :)