Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Robin, Festive Tactician
    • Lissa, Pure Joy
    • Chrom, Gifted Leader
    • Tharja, “Normal Girl”
    • Azura, Celebratory Spirit
    • Camilla, Holiday Traveller
    • Takumi, Prince of Soup
    • Ryoma, Peerless Samurai

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Rezzy said:

It raises the question of why he wasn't just in the New Year's Banner with everyone else.  I guess it's better that we don't have 2 Grays sharing a color, but his absence here is quite conspicuous, made all the more glaring with Lobster King here.

It's like they forgot Hinoka existed...

I really hope we don't have just another Holiday Tempest, but it also raises the question of why one of the Christmas units wasn't a freebie and we just got another Marth.

I hope you get her.  I always seem to get the same 2-3 friend characters over and over, which isn't usually a huge deal, unless it's the same color as the unit I'm using.

Yeah, it does seem odd. I don't like the fact that it's a three person seasonal banner, 'cos it makes me think all the ones in the future are going to turn out like that. While I do get a bit tired of seasonals, it's still fun to see the characters and I know which way it's going to be weighted. I'm hoping that's my doom and gloom side, though. If they were going to do a freebie unit, why not just make Corrin the freebie unit from the Tempest? I honestly had no desire for a third 5* Lucina, especially before we get any other repeats, and especially since we were all hopeful repeats would only be on mini tempests >.<

Who is this 'Hinoka' of whom you speak? She has no boobs, therefore doesn't exist (apparently). 

If I get a unit that's the same colour, I just delete that friend. Harsh, but I'm not attached to anyone on my friend's list save about three, and they all know not to put a same colour unit on. I do hope they stop making it where you get the same friends' units again and again, though. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

She's also got the Wind Blessing now, but I don't think that shows up on allies.

Blessings do show up, they just likely won't be active, unless the random ally you get happens to be the appropriate Legendary hero.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It raises the question of why he wasn't just in the New Year's Banner with everyone else.  I guess it's better that we don't have 2 Grays sharing a color, but his absence here is quite conspicuous, made all the more glaring with Lobster King here.

I honestly think that between Ryoma and Hinoka, Ryoma was chosen out of convenience. For some reason, they didn't want to include M!Corrin, but they also can't really do a banner with Hinoka by herself. Since Ryoma is in the recent Legendary Heroes banner, they figured that was good enough.

As for why M!Corrin isn't in there, maybe they didn't want a free unit other than the Askr Trio to be in a gauntlet, or they took him out last minute and had to shove someone else in. It's also odd since this is the first time we have had a three-person seasonal banner, yet it's a banner that they want to do a VG with.

Who knows what IS is even thinking anymore

Also, totally wouldn't mind supporting Ryoma if Takumi and Azura both lose, since I do have him and it would be hilarious if a non-seasonal wins.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To be fair, that's kinda easy to do with how little she has going for her...

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Who is this 'Hinoka' of whom you speak? She has no boobs, therefore doesn't exist (apparently). 

Honestly, that's probably the reason Camilla got on the New Year's banner instead of Hinoka. They needed someone to fulfill the shameless fanservice quota for that banner, something that Hinoka can not provide compared to the likes of Camilla.

Jeez, they could've made it a true Hosidian New year be making Kagero take Camilla's place. Seriously, all this Nohr pandering is making me hate Nohr even more. The only characters I like from Nohr are Nyx, Camilla, Charlotte, Benny, and Xander. 

8 minutes ago, Tsuky said:

As for why M!Corrin isn't in there, maybe they didn't want a free unit other than the Askr Trio to be in a gauntlet

Is that a lock that he's going to be a free unit because I feel he might just as well be apart of another banner the way ayra was. 

Just now, Poimagic said:

Jeez, they could've made it a true Hosidian New year be making Kagero take Camilla's place. Seriously, all this Nohr pandering is making me hate Nohr even more. The only characters I like from Nohr are Nyx, Camilla, Charlotte, Benny, and Xander. 

And yet Camilla is on the banner. :P:

I'd rather have new characters, but that's because my seasonal luck is really bad right now.  Completely whiffed on the first Christmas banner, and New Year's doesn't look much better.

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Jeez, they could've made it a true Hosidian New year be making Kagero take Camilla's place. 

I don't like seasonal much but rather than Kagero, I feel like Orochi would have been a perfect fit for the position instead.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, that's probably the reason Camilla got on the New Year's banner instead of Hinoka. They needed someone to fulfill the shameless fanservice quota for that banner, something that Hinoka can not provide compared to the likes of Camilla.

Sadly so. But, as others have pointed out, there's plenty of boobs over on the Hoshidon side. It's really annoying they chose Camilla again, even though I probably wouldn't have pulled for whoever they went for. It's nice to see different units. We've now had four repeats and still nada from the other games save two -.- 

And yet I keep on adding to it since I still went for the second Xander and Chrom. How much longer I will keep on going for the same units in different outfits is yet to be seen... 

Just now, Vince777 said:

Is that a lock that he's going to be a free unit because I feel he might just as well be apart of another banner the way ayra was. 

Ah, I suppose that's also a possibility (or was it confirmed somewhere? I forgot). I personally don't care either way, but I would imagine that IS would want to avoid another Ayra-like incident.

2 minutes ago, Tsuky said:

Ah, I suppose that's also a possibility (or was it confirmed somewhere? I forgot). I personally don't care either way, but I would imagine that IS would want to avoid another Ayra-like incident.

They repeated it instantly with Rhajat though, didn't they?

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Sadly so. But, as others have pointed out, there's plenty of boobs over on the Hoshidon side. It's really annoying they chose Camilla again, even though I probably wouldn't have pulled for whoever they went for. It's nice to see different units. We've now had four repeats and still nada from the other games save two -.- 

Somehow I also wouldn't be surprised if Rhajat was their second choice after Camilla, because I could believe that IS is seriously that tone-deaf to the longtime FE fans.

7 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

They repeated it instantly with Rhajat though, didn't they?

Well, the two situations are not exactly the same: they announced Rhajat's appearance on another banner in the same trailer that they announced the other Fates children. One of the many reasons that people got mad about Ayra was that she showed up in a separate banner unannounced (a model of distributing new units that has no precedent), and people couldn't make an informed decision on how to budget their orbs.

Edited by Tsuky

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Somehow I also wouldn't be surprised if Rhajat was their second choice after Camilla, because I could believe that IS is seriously that tone-deaf to the longtime FE fans.

Sadly, I'm guessing they go where the money goes and boobs still make money. 

I can't say much, since I'm a sucker for a pretty guy (or a handsome guy... I tend to think of them all as pretty), but I still wouldn't want it obnoxiously shoved in my face, so it always surprises me that people seem to lap up having it really shoved in their faces (like Camilla's intro scene), instead of finding it distracting and stupid... which the outfit and intro really, really is -.- 

9 minutes ago, Tsuky said:

I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that Corrin would be a reward for completing a certain event in January. It was on the JP FEH Twitter, can't check right now.

Anyway, I'd assume the reason Corrin isn't on the gauntlet is because the event to obtain him has not happened yet, which would put his team at a distinct disadvantage as they would be unable to use him to earn bonus points, not just because he's not on the banner.

2 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that Corrin would be a reward for completing a certain event in January. It was on the JP FEH Twitter, can't check right now.

Not sure if it's official or not... I do remember something about an event as well, but I think it's only guessing that Corrin will be the reward (he most likely will be tho imho).

6 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

Anyway, I'd assume the reason Corrin isn't on the gauntlet is because the event to obtain him has not happened yet, which would put his team at a distinct disadvantage as they would be unable to use him to earn bonus points, not just because he's not on the banner.

Oh, that's right. Forgot about Twitter.

That's true, but why didn't they just put him on the banner then (fitting right in with the four-character seasonal banners that we've always been getting)? If they wanted to give us a free unit down the road, they can simply make another seasonal unit (unless they are too lazy to, in which case, I have no words for that). The decisions involved in this are quite strange.

Edited by Tsuky

Despite shamelessly loving Camilla and Tharja, I still would rather have new units released. Camilla is a fox, was my 'wife' in the game but even I am tired of seeing her everywhere now. Besides, I do love Hinoka as well and there will always be a big place in my heart for the tomboys. Variety is better. Rinkah may have been my favourite Fates woman. She was different and that made her attractive to me. 

However, the reason we get more and more seasonal of the same characters over regular new units is probably that they've calculated that this is what brought them the most money.

Edited by Vince777

I'm also sick of the Nohr pandering and how Nohr just HAD to be shoved into this NY banner that's being called Hoshidan. Does IS really think Ryoma and/or Hinoka wouldn't have made them much/enough money? They would've still gotten a good amount.

3 minutes ago, Tsuky said:

That's true, but why didn't they just put him on the banner then (fitting right in with the four-character seasonal banners that we've always been getting)? If they wanted to give us a free unit down the road, they can simply make another seasonal unit (unless they are too lazy to, in which case, I have no words for that). The decisions involved in this are quite strange.

I assume they're probably having him as a free unit rather than a banner character as a sign of "generosity" after how much everyone seemed to be complaining about how they handled Christmas, and December in general. That's my assumption, at least. Characters take time to make, the artwork especially having to likely be done in advance, so it's not like they can just make another unit to give away for free at the drop of a hat.

If Heroes OCs can make IS money just by being pretty and having good stats (and existing), there's no reason to believe that seasonal Hinoka and seasonal Ryoma wouldn't have made them money. I mean, Heroes. It's supposed to be a game in which characters from all previous FE games are able to be used. The story isn't good and the OCs are just there. So if Fjorm and Gunnthra make them money, previous FE characters certainly will too.

I still do beleive they are going for the ones that will make the most money, even if it doesn't make sense (like Camille in a hoshidan banner). If that wouldn't be the case, we would've got more units from older games, cause I'm not gonna lie, I'm still pretty pissed about how they are only going for Fates and Awakening (even tho it is my favourite), and ignore older games... I think we only have Lyn and Roy with more than one version (I might be wrong tho)...

edit: yeah, I'm wrong, we have Ike as well...

Edited by coldhand25
left out something