Which Fire Emblem has the best title?

Flee Fleet!

By best title, I mean its name.

So far, every Fire Emblem has had a unique title: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Shadows of Valentia, Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn....e.t.c.

So, which title do you think is the best among the series? Factors may include how cool it sounds, and how it suits the theme of its respective FE game. You may also talk about the title you dislike.

I'll start us off:

Personally, I prefer Fates, because its just one word, and fits the game, considering you have three different paths, and therefore, three different Fates. And I also prefer the name Sacred Stones because...the game is about sacred stones.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Genealogy of the Holy War sounds like a metal album, so that.

1 hour ago, Ciarre said:

Genealogy sounds cool as fuck tbh. I think someone said Ashes of Jugdral as a suggestion for a possible remake, and that sounds metal as fuck too

I also like SoV a lot

8 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

Probably Genealogy of the Holy War. Sounds cool and important without being too long and makes clear sense in the context of the game.

If Geneaology of the Holy War is metal af, then Thracia 776 is its weird alt metal cousin who "you haven't heard of" pushes up thick fake hipster glasses and sips starbucks cup

To me, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn seem like the perfect game titles to use as a fake summary of the series for overbearing religious parents. I can just see how that would go, since I've told mine all about "One Peace".

Personally, my favorite title is Awakening. It was the only one that made me wonder why it was called that. When I finally got it, I felt so darn proud of myself. Two years after I bought it. Ha. Ha. Ha...

Path of Radiance, New Mystery of the Emblem, and Fates were the most enticing titles for me. Though Tharcia 776 had the weirdest title for me though, still not entirely sure where the 776 comes from (I assume it's the year the game takes place?)

32 minutes ago, Lunarly said:

Path of Radiance, New Mystery of the Emblem, and Fates were the most enticing titles for me. Though Tharcia 776 had the weirdest title for me though, still not entirely sure where the 776 comes from (I assume it's the year the game takes place?)

Yes, it's the year 776 in the Gran calendar.

It'd basically be like a story being called "America 1776".

Edited by Slumber

Going to go with Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 as well. The former sounds incredibly epic while the latter has a unique vibe to it.

Shadows of Valentia is my least favorite title simply because "shadows" is such an overused word in video game context. I understand why they chose the name, and I know it's "Another Hero-King" in Japanese (which I also think sounds silly), but I would've preferred something else. That might be a petty reason, but I mean there's no title I really dislike, so it sort of sticks out.

I'll also say I never understood Path of Radiance really. Most titles tie pretty heavily with what's going on in the games, but in Path of Radiance that's up for interpretation, isn't it? At least Radiant Dawn could be interpreted as a new beginning for Tellius after the events of the game or something.

Gonna contribute to the echo chamber and say Genealogy of the Holy War, just because the word "Genealogy" intimidates the weak minded.

Though I'm also fond of Blazing Blade for the alliterative appeal.

Edited by Mighty V
clarifying a point

Genealogy of the Holy War sounds good, but at the same time its a little much- fitting for the first mega ambitious FE.

Radiant Dawn sounds like a military operation's codename for better or worse (the one where Ike joins the Marines while Micaiah provides air coverage from her Thani bomber). 

Shadows of Valentia is eh since what is so shadowy about Valentia?

Fates is to the point and simple, while the sub-subtitles work.

Mystery of the Emblem is good, if the word "mystery" isn't exactly perfect for the Fire Emblem of Archanea.

Heroes of Light and Shadow as in "hero in the public spotlight, and hero/ine working quietly in the shadows" sounds great in itself, if easily mistakable for Light and Shadow as in elements, which describes Awakening more when you think about it.

Thracia 776 has a nice historical sounding, authentic appeal, and is nestled firmly within the world of the game.

Shadow Dragon is too simple and too dull.

Path of Radiance, Ike is the Hero of the Blue Flames (which radiate from the LM) in Japan, but the title is too ambitious for itself. 

The Sacred Stones is generic.

Awakening- the Awakening of the Falchion and Grima alike are not that super important. And the title is cliched and too short too.

Blazing Blade is okay, but Durandal plays almost no role in FE7. Binding Blade is a little better sounding, but not too much.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

IF - it sound pretty weird and cool at the same time with how short it is
Awakening - it has this cool vibe and with the meaning it is really catchy
Echoes - Shadows of Valentia - though "shadows of valentia" is not really unique, if you put echoes before it, it will sound pretty epic imho