Bound Hero Battle: Whereabouts Unknown (Raven and Lucius)

SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, Vince777 said:

Besides the prize award, what's the difference between GHB & BHB?

The prize award makes it for me, quite honestly. 

You get more orbs from a BHB, but since I have all the 3 and 4* units and many of the 5* units, it means nothing to me. I'm very unlikely to get a new unit.  A new unit gives me someone else to train up and play with, plus the units are what I play this game for. BHBs just feel like they've taken over GHBs (again, this is how I feel, it's not something I want to argue), so they just instantly get an urgh from me. 

Repeat BHBs are even worse. At least repeat GHBs have an excuse - new people get an opportunity to get the unit and old people get the unit again. Repeat BHBs are just the worst hands down, in my opinion. They just feel lazy. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your distaste stems entirely from your belief they've replaced GHB. Would you find them fun if they existed along GHB?

I kind of enjoy tough maps, despite my tendencies to give up rather quickly and look for help online. Didn't need to this time at least!

Edited by Vince777

I'm so happy I completed this GHB using my beginner team (Olivia, Ninian, Spring Lucina, and Nino). I used this team for so many GHB's and BHB's.

I completed it within the first 20 minutes of release with Lyn, but now I'm more inclined to let her go for Attack Smoke.

Matthew/Inigo/Ayra/Genny crushed Hard and Lunatic. Matthew tanked everything, Genny kept him healthy, Inigo got a potshot in and Ayra helped with cleanup.

Infernal was a little trickier, but I swapped out Ayra for Camus to deal with the swordbreaker red mage which he did. Inigo played a but more of an active role, but Matthew still did 70% of the work. He really is a wonder. Everyone should have a Rogue Dagger+ Saizo or Matt with Close Counter. There are few things quite as satisfying in this game.

17 hours ago, Vince777 said:

So your distaste stems entirely from your belief they've replaced GHB. Would you find them fun if they existed along GHB?

I kind of enjoy tough maps, despite my tendencies to give up rather quickly and look for help online. Didn't need to this time at least!

I don't really enjoy them whether they're bhb or ghb, I just enjoy the prizes. If they ran alongside, I'd have no complaints, though. 

I see the need for this type of map, but I miss the prizes from the ghbs, especially the new ones. I still feel we should get a new ghb every month, personally. Maybe others will say differently, but eh. Feh has lost a lot of the excitement for me 'cos it feels like there's less and less new characters to enjoy each month -.-

Edit: Congrats for beating this map with no help :D 

The only one I've done so far was the Ninian and Hawkeye one, mostly out of necessity 'cos I couldn't find a guide that worked with my units. It ended up with Ninian chasing Xander round the board for several turns, which was hilarious to me xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

• 6 months later...

Just a reminder that you can also fight a level 40 Raven and Lucius in the first stage of the 3rd Paralogue lunatic chain challenge

reposting my video from months ago:
All quests done in one go on infernal, only all you need is an upgraded attack seal to tier 2  and Reposition inherited to Alfonse, the rest are tier 1 seals and Vanilla Askr/Fjorm skill set

Cleared all 5 quests in one run on the Lunatic map.

Units used:
5* Alfonse: Brave Sword+, Reposition, Bonfire, Drag Back
Fjorm: Reposition
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Hone Spd 1 seal
+HP/-Spd Genny: Atk +3

Raven & Lucius in one turn (featuring Ardent Service, Smoke skills and quad-Cherche):

This got more interesting than I thought. I wanted to use Ardent Service, which meant Marth had to equip Heavy Blade seal and to reach more than 57 ATK, because of that Fire Boost on the Lance. This was realized by ATK smoke 2 on Cherce. ATK smoke 3 would have been too much, since Marth had to take enough damage to proc WoM on Cordelia (he couldn't kill the Archer himself). Cherche needed to quad Lucius because of that pre-charged Miracle. This was done with SPD smoke and Ally support on Cordelia.

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoidWow, despite the skill setup the clear really comes out looking smooth with all those precise chain teleports. Very nice! Pretty cool seeing the smoke skills play such a key role too.

@mampfoid Great combination of debuffs to allow Cherche performing quad. Brilliant!!

@Zeo @mcsilas @kirauza343  Last time I didn't clear this map with  my current team so it's time to revenge! The most annoying part of this map is Miracle Lucius. He blocked my Siegbert Bonfire T^T. Nevermind, I let Shiro kill this trap. Enjoy the show!

Edited by Ginko

56 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoidWow, despite the skill setup the clear really comes out looking smooth with all those precise chain teleports. Very nice! Pretty cool seeing the smoke skills play such a key role too.

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of using Smoke skills in my clears so soon, good that Kaze is available at 3*/4*. 

54 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid Great combination of debuffs to allow Cherche performing quad. Brilliant!!

Hey, thanks! I'm going to make Cherche a fast unit, also Takumis map requires Cherche to double some units. 

55 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@Zeo @mcsilas @kirauza343  Last time I didn't clear this map with  my current team so it's time to revenge! The most annoying part of this map is Miracle Lucius. He blocked my Siegbert Bonfire T^T. Nevermind, I let Shiro kill this trap. Enjoy the show!

Yeah, that precharged Miracle got me by surprise as well. Perhaps Sigurd could have one-shooted Lucius with a charged Dragon Fang? 

After taking out Raven and tanking a big savage blow, your team cheesed the rest of the map. Too strong for Infernal, congratulations!  

29 minutes ago, Stroud said:

@mampfoid Nice run, 1 turn runs are always nice to see. At this point I should question myself why I still have no Galeforce unit on 5* D=. 

Thanks! Go and build your Galeforce squad, it's fun for sure. Especially if you like to play modes like TTs and Chain challenges. 

Tell me if you would like a tag next time. 

@mampfoid I was dumbfounded when I saw that Cherche was going to quad Lucius and then I remembered you had spd smoke on Cordelia. Nice way to bypass that annoying Miracle of his.

Also great to see Marth with Ardent Service. Something about him charging at enemies with a cake server is just the best.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

48 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks! Go and build your Galeforce squad, it's fun for sure. Especially if you like to play modes like TTs and Chain challenges. 

Tell me if you would like a tag next time. 

I will try to come up with something and nice hint about CC. I got a bit lazy about Chain challenges. (I don't touch the orbs there for emergency cases , if a most wanted character appears)
Galeforce can make them more enjoyable and is a fresh wind for me.. 

And I'm ok with tags. 

Edited by Stroud

45 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@mampfoid I was dumbfounded when I saw that Cherche was going to quad Lucius and then I remembered you had spd smoke on Cordelia. Nice way to bypass that annoying Miracle of his.

Also great to see Marth with Ardent Service. Something about him charging at enemies with a cake server is just the best.

Yeah, Marth had to show off his Cake server sooner or later and I thought this BHB was a good occasion. Cherche is going to double more in the future, not sure about quads though. 

38 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I will try to come up with something and nice hint about CC. I got a bit lazy about Chain challenges. (I don't touch the orbs there for emergency cases , if a most wanted character appears)
Galeforce can make them more enjoyable and is a fresh wind for me.. 

Good luck with that, I usually enjoy CCs and have them solved fast. Cordelia and BH!Roy are perfect units to start with GF fun. 

18 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Finally got to use Water Breath in a Nowi solo, it was nice seeing Raven do 0 damage.

Looks like Raven is there only to charge Nowis Aether, nice. 

@mampfoid I see I'm not the only one having fun with smokes.

HUNKER IN THE BUNKER

Once I realized Lucius didn't have to be aggroed immediately, the threat level of this map dropped like a lead balloon. The biggest issue was the Lance Cavalier which, since it ran face first into the Fell Dragon, did nothing but charge Grima's special which turned the stage into a joke. I didn't even bother to optimize the last turn solely because I couldn't really lose at that point.

Also, I'm liking to pretend that Grima has her Dark Spikes combat art in FEH. Res Smoke, Atk Smoke and a "Growing" AOE is unholy. (She has all the Growing AOEs. Yes, a Camus died for this. No, I regret nothing.)

Edited by Some Jerk

This is another Hero Battle I didn't clear on Infernal when it was first released, but now it was easy. I'm happy to see how far my units have come. Siegbert is a very recent pull of mine, and he's already proving his worth! Also, apparently Miracle doesn't activate at all if your attack would bring the unit to 1HP anyway.

I decided to give Klein my Summoner Support, as a kind of apology for foddering off the rest of my copies of him. As much as I would like to give him a couple merges, I'm not able to justify it when he comes with such good skills. Still, he really only uses the Attack, so maybe it's better on someone else?

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I used Alfonse, Fjorm, Male Grima, and Bride Lyn for the four Alfonse/Fjorm quests. For infantry, I swapped out Alfonse and Grima for Olivia and Dorcas.

So I can either do that whole tap dance making everyone carefully HUNKER IN THE BUNKER to avoid Lucius...

...or I can just hurl Grima right into his face. Dark Spikes build too strong.