Bound Hero Battle: Whereabouts Unknown (Raven and Lucius)

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Zeo I’m like a week late on this but I figured it’d better if I respond right now as opposed to never.

I really enjoyed all of the three of your clears! My favorite would have to be that Matthew solo. Even took the weapons off of Genny and Ayra to drive the point home that this is indeed a Matt solo, it his stage and he’s the star, and there will be no backing out now. That’s confidence if I’ve ever seen it.

The Lyn clear with Galeforce was exciting too. Just seeing Lyn dart around from one enemy to another and not letting up on Lucius was simply awesome.

Also, I haven’t been responding lately not just here, but in general, and I’m sorry for that. I didn’t mean to ignore you, or anyone for that matter, for so long.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Ginko @NegativeExponents- @Vaximillian @Poimagic

Super late but I finally had time for some clears.

Firstly, a Mirror Match run- Raven & Lucius vs Raven & Lucius, Pain staff vs Pain staff, Basilikos users vs Basilikos user (well...enemy Raven doesn't wield it but Raven can use a Basilikos).

Team is +Spd/-HP Raven, +Atk/-Spd Lucius, neutral Linus and +Res/-Def Bride Ninian.

Music is Fairy from the King of Fighters 1996 arranged soundtrack.

So yeah, I had fun with double Basilikos plus the Blade seals. Not that Linus needed it, but Chill Atk support with Heavy Blade is a neat combo. Also, Brazen Atk/Spd is such a good skill, Linus really needed to be in low health to decimate foes in the second half. Lucius also needed Distant Def to shrug off the red mages hits, otherwise, he would've been defeated thanks to enemy Lucius's Pain splash damage strats.

Also @Rafiel's Aria I'm sure you'd be a fan of the interesting numbers that show up in the final battle :P

-----

Next one is a dagger clear, I hope you enjoy @Zeo

Team is +Spd/-Res Saizo, neutral Kaze, +Atk/-Res Sothe and +Def/-HP Summer Frederick)

Music is Seoul Road -KOF XIV ver. from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

So yeah, the buff/debuff sounds are music to my ears. Sothe needed a Rally Attack buff to one-shot Raven thanks to Heavy Blade. Frederick surprisingly took the Pain staff very well, and even if he couldn't attack back, he could still use Seal Atk/Spd to punish Lucius for attacking him.

Saizo needed the Distant Def seal so the horse staff would move right instead of left. The QP on Frederick didn't matter, I just wanted him to activate his special and join everyone in saying their special quotes :P

14 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Firstly, a Mirror Match run- Raven & Lucius vs Raven & Lucius, Pain staff vs Pain staff, Basilikos users vs Basilikos user (well...enemy Raven doesn't wield it but Raven can use a Basilikos).

Double Basilikos is too much for Basilikos-less Raven & Lucius. Raven hits Ravens HP 100%, that's a bond!

59 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Freddies stance looks like Napoleon's compared to his crouched team mates. I like how he baits Lucius all the time without attacking himself, except for the final soak attack of course. 

All daggers, very nice stuff! 

@mcsilas So much Basilikos going on in the first one. I love the ample use of Linus that’s happening there. I’m so used to @Rafiel's Aria Lucius that I kept thinking how strange it was that he wasn’t just nuking everything.

An all dagger clear is very cool! Sothe one-rounding Raven caught me off guard. I forgot how high of an atk stat he had.

I wasn’t gonna post my clear since I figured it was too late but seeing you post late too makes me wanna join in.

@mampfoid @Zeo

Go Odin! Use Blarblade!!

This took a bit of experimentation to get right. Raven can’t catch a break. He’s the first one to go in all these clears and mine is no different. To be fair, he does end up causing lots of problems if left to his own devices so I guess there’s no way around it. Lucius is unsurprisingly the biggest issue thanks to miracle and pain and it doesn’t help that he’s a pretty great magic wall to begin with.

3 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Go Odin! Use Blarblade!!

Wow, that what awesome! I was already baffled seeing Odin one-rounding Raven, but seeing him clear the full map was pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, that what awesome! I was already baffled seeing Odin one-rounding Raven, but seeing him clear the full map was pretty cool. 

You have no idea how giddy I was with that accomplishment! It was just the best thing to have happened. It wasn’t my original intention but then I saw how well it was actually going and I couldn’t stop until I was able to do it with only him attacking and receiving damage. Totally worth that last Klein.

12 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

You have no idea how giddy I was with that accomplishment! It was just the best thing to have happened. It wasn’t my original intention but then I saw how well it was actually going and I couldn’t stop until I was able to do it with only him attacking and receiving damage. Totally worth that last Klein.

Didn't you consider to grind summoner support to save that Klein? 

I always wanted to build up a low tier unit and make her/him work, but there isn't the obvious candidate, since I'm not overly connected to any of the current cast. Even Oliver is A- currently. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Didn't you consider to grind summoner support to save that Klein? 

I always wanted to build up a low tier unit and make her/him work, but there isn't the obvious candidate, since I'm not overly connected to any of the current cast. Even Oliver is A- currently. 

N̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶c̶y̶ I don’t believe it would have been enough attack with just summoner support. I don’t really mind it anyway since Klein was just fodder and I can’t think of anyone else at the moment who would’ve needed death blow.

Well being attached does help since I for one would not have made an effort to build Odin if I didn’t already like him, however...

If you really want to build one I say just pick one and stick to it. After that, if I were you, I would start by looking at all the different ways that people have built that certain unit and from there form your own ideas. A quick YouTube search is great if you want to see some of them in action and there’s the Low Tier thread you can visit if you haven’t already to get you started off.

In fact, you’ve used Groom Marth and I’m pretty sure he’s low tier, maybe not 6 ft deep down in the tier list like some others, but it still shows that you’ve got it in you to do it.

Edit: oh, and I recommend working in small increments towards your goal since you’re not entirely sure yet so that way you can still back out if you’re dissatisfied or change your mind.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

@mcsilas W-well the BHB units don't have boons/banes, so that's totally not a mirror!  :P:

Still congrats on the theme clears. If you ever use Esaka, for the love of everything, tag me!

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

N̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶c̶y̶ I don’t believe it would have been enough attack with just summoner support. I don’t really mind it anyway since Klein was just fodder and I can’t think of anyone else at the moment who would’ve needed death blow.

Well ATK+3 plus Summoner S = 5 ATK, or Death Blow 2 plus Summoner S = 6 ATK. I can't always sacrifice a Klein to meet an ATK requirement, therefore I grind support from time to time. 

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well being attached does help since I for one would not have made an effort to build Odin if I didn’t already like him, however...

Perhaps I'd need to play his game to understand ;-)

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

In fact, you’ve used Groom Marth and I’m pretty sure he’s low tier, maybe not 6 ft deep down in the tier list like some others, but it still shows that you’ve got it in you to do it.

Well Marth is quite fast and has decent ATK, that's what I need in a Galeforce unit. Titania is only sligjtly faster (and looses a lot ATK in comparison) and I don't have Alfonse. Marth looks original, so it was an easy decision. 

11 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

If you really want to build one I say just pick one and stick to it. After that, if I were you, I would start by looking at all the different ways that people have built that certain unit and from there form your own ideas. A quick YouTube search is great if you want to see some of them in action and there’s the Low Tier thread you can visit if you haven’t already to get you started off.

Watching the B tier at Gamepedia, I like Selena, Berkut, Marissa, Narcian, Clarisse and S!Frederick (Budget list). 

I'd hesitate to give them premium skills like DC or Warding Breath though. 

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you ever use Esaka, for the love of everything, tag me!

Who is Esaka? Perhaps a pseudonym for someone? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Who is Esaka? Perhaps a pseudonym for someone? 

It's a song title.  And one that I'm particularly fond of.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

It's a song title.  And one that I'm particularly fond of.

Ah, King of Fighters I guess? 

Never had any game console in my life until last year (2DS for Awakening). 

@NegativeExponents- congrats on your clear and making Odin shine! Lucius was a pain to deal with but it’s satisfying to see Odin ignore WTD and one shot Raven!

also i totally forgot about Priscilla and could’ve featured her in a theme clear as well haha. Oh well, i hope they make BHB year-long reruns like the GHBs since i want to do a clear with Libra but hadn’t summoned him yet.

still waiting on a non-Spd bane Lucius to properly build mine, although +Atk helps

@mampfoid thanks! Basilikos is such a fun weapon, maybe you should try Double Basilikos as well so you don’t feel bad about Linus coming with one after your Raven promotion. Also Linus is a nice defensive user of it, i was a bit scared he wouldn’t survive the lance horse.

@eclipse 

Well the enemy versions have much more HP and stats so i can’t mirror that either haha.

thanks! While i haven’t used Esaka yet i did use ‘Goodbye Esaka’ in the Hector and Matthew BHB 

but sure i’ll ping you when i use Esaka (maybe when the right BHB comes). Do you mind if I ping you in my other clears since they mostly use KOF music anyway?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

but sure i’ll ping you when i use Esaka (maybe when the right BHB comes). Do you mind if I ping you in my other clears since they mostly use KOF music anyway?

Sure~!  KOF music is one of my guilty pleasures.  I'm pretty sure there will be a battle epic enough to warrant Esaka, one day~!

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

thanks! Basilikos is such a fun weapon, maybe you should try Double Basilikos as well so you don’t feel bad about Linus coming with one after your Raven promotion. Also Linus is a nice defensive user of it, i was a bit scared he wouldn’t survive the lance horse.

I don't feel bad at all about promoting Raven, only the timing was a little like slapstick. Perhaps I'll give double Basilikos a try in next TTs (curious about the bonus units already). 

12 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Team is +Spd/-Res Saizo, neutral Kaze, +Atk/-Res Sothe and +Def/-HP Summer Frederick)

Music is Seoul Road -KOF XIV ver. from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

So yeah, the buff/debuff sounds are music to my ears. Sothe needed a Rally Attack buff to one-shot Raven thanks to Heavy Blade. Frederick surprisingly took the Pain staff very well, and even if he couldn't attack back, he could still use Seal Atk/Spd to punish Lucius for attacking him.

Saizo needed the Distant Def seal so the horse staff would move right instead of left. The QP on Frederick didn't matter, I just wanted him to activate his special and join everyone in saying their special quotes :P

FREDDY! <3 I like it. ^^ You even gave him the swim goggles like I did. lol And yeah, gotta love how he debuffs like crazy! He also used his best special quote here. XD I love that one! "Fuck off!" is what he's basically saying! LOL

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I don't feel bad at all about promoting Raven, only the timing was a little like slapstick. Perhaps I'll give double Basilikos a try in next TTs (curious about the bonus units already). 

Yeah blade skill plus Basilikos will be fun. Raven in particular could be interesting with FB and Galeforce!

@Anacybele thanks! I’ve always wanted tp include Summer Fred in a clear somewhere so i’m glad he worked well here. Plus the goggles really fit him and he was my first summer unit, so he gets to keep it haha. I love debuffing all stats with his dagger plus his double seal skill!

@eclipse- cool! Always nice to see more KoF fans ;D

Edited by mcsilas

40 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

thanks! I’ve always wanted tp include Summer Fred in a clear somewhere so i’m glad he worked well here. Plus the goggles really fit him and he was my first summer unit, so he gets to keep it haha. I love debuffing all stats with his dagger plus his double seal skill!

I agree, I think the goggles fit him really well too. XD

I also love that debuffing! I need to try including him in more clears myself. He's my favorite unit in the game, so I really should be using him more! I do always use him in Tap Battle though.

On 7/22/2018 at 3:55 PM, mcsilas said:

@NegativeExponents- congrats on your clear and making Odin shine! Lucius was a pain to deal with but it’s satisfying to see Odin ignore WTD and one shot Raven!

also i totally forgot about Priscilla and could’ve featured her in a theme clear as well haha. Oh well, i hope they make BHB year-long reruns like the GHBs since i want to do a clear with Libra but hadn’t summoned him yet.

still waiting on a non-Spd bane Lucius to properly build mine, although +Atk helps

Thanks! WTD wasn’t too much of an issue since Raven has a pretty bad res stat. It was mostly the ridiculously inflated hp that infernal units come with.

I can’t think of Raven and Lucius without including Priscilla. A Libra clear sounds fun. Awakening Lucius vs OG Lucius. Battle of the Fetching Monks.

You could always merge your Lucius into a better one later on. Pain+, Martyr, and Miracle have plenty of sources.

Better late than never, eh?

@mcsilas First clear was cake. Dare I say Linus outshone Raven in that one which I'm not sure how I feel about. Nostalgic choice of music with Chizuru's theme from KOF96 as well. Not gonna lie though, I was half expecting "I'll face myself" to start playing out of nowhere lol.

The second clear was far more intricate, as to be expected from dagger clears. The combination of -5 to all enemy stats and +4 to units from Saizo and Sothe was music to my ears and eyes somehow. Also Kaze proves invaluable in clears like these, though I'm sure Felicia would serve just as well. Beautiful stuff. lol Frederick with the goggles tho.

@NegativeExponents- Never not post a clear if you've taken the time to record one, even if it's late. Usually watching Blade tomes tear up maps is nothing new, but Odin though! It's always awesome to see him put in work. The satisfaction I get from watching him is in a way similar to the feeling I get using Matthew (which is why I have both a +ATK and +SPD Odin in my barracks waiting for me to choose one to build someday). The music was so fitting for him it was almost creepy as well. Fantastic stuff.

Slowly catching up with posts and tags, it's been so busy. Still a few topics left to go.

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Usually watching Blade tomes tear up maps is nothing new, but Odin though! It's always awesome to see him put in work. The satisfaction I get from watching him is in a way similar to the feeling I get using Matthew (which is why I have both a +ATK and +SPD Odin in my barracks waiting for me to choose one to build someday). The music was so fitting for him it was almost creepy as well. Fantastic stuff.

Wow. I’m so glad you think so! You comparing Odin to your Matt feels like the highest praise I could ever receive.

Yeah, Pokemon music felt fitting on him with me just sending him out to pseudo solo it.

20 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Never not post a clear if you've taken the time to record one, even if it's late.

Hmm.... you really think so? In that case give me a moment. It’s time to dig up the Lyon GHB and the Hector & Matthew BHB. It’s time to really show you late.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Wow. I’m so glad you think so! You comparing Odin to your Matt feels like the highest praise I could ever receive.

Yeah, Pokemon music felt fitting on him with me just sending him out to pseudo solo it.

Hmm.... you really think so? In that case give me a moment. It’s time to dig up the Lyon GHB and the Hector & Matthew BHB. It’s time to really show you late.

You went through the effort, it's better posted for people to see: :D

Also forgot to say, I enjoyed the Pokemon music in the Odin clear haha

@Zeo Weeellll you kind of already used "I'll Face Myself" a bit so I went for something different haha. Also it didn't really fit Lucius as much, at least Fairy had a nice balance of softness (Lucius) and rocking guitars (Raven).

But yeah Linus was really key thanks to his Brazen ability (the key against those inflated HP stats) and more bulk.

As for the daggers, yeah still waiting on a good Felicia to promote. The closest I have is +Atk/-HP but I feel she wants as much HP to tank mages. Or waiting for +Spd. Oh well, I do enjoy Kaze more as a character anyway.

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2020 at 6:46 PM, Landmaster said:

It's not Nowi's fault that Cav suicided into her

Local Dragon On Trial for Clericslaughter, Pleads Self Defense

Dagger & Staff Elise hitting enemies with explosions of flowers, while Tome Elise mercilessly rains down swords, was funny (now that I think about it, is Hibiscus Tome’s animation an explosion of flowers?). Nice job!