What I want (and don't want) for FE Switch

KingSigurd

12 minutes ago, KingSigurd said:

Are you sure? Echoes seemed pretty European to me.

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler

Greece and Rome are both in Europe.

On a more serious note, nothing's ever going to be as overt as Hoshido(I guess Jugdral's heavy reliance on Scandinavian/Northern European aesthetics and names is pretty overt, but then you have a desert out of nowhere), but the aesthetics of Gaiden and Shadows both have more Grecko-Roman designs. There are marble pillars everywhere, it covers the TWO most common themes of ancient Roman story-telling(Conquest and hedonism) as the core of the conflict of the story, and you straight up have Spartans, who are some combination of Spartans and Hoplons in aesthetics as the Overclass of the Baron class.

I've seen people also say Archanea is very Roman/Grecian, but I don't see it quite as much as I see Gaiden/SoV.

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Spoiler warning:

Hide contents

Greece and Rome are both in Europe.

On a more serious note, nothing's ever going to be as overt as Hoshido(I guess Jugdral's heavy reliance on Scandinavian/Northern European aesthetics and names is pretty overt, but then you have a desert out of nowhere), but the aesthetics of Gaiden and Shadows both have more Grecko-Roman designs. There are marble pillars everywhere, it covers the TWO most common themes of ancient Roman story-telling(Conquest and hedonism) as the core of the conflict of the story, and you straight up have Spartans, who are some combination of Spartans and Hoplons in aesthetics as the Overclass of the Baron class.

I've seen people also say Archanea is very Roman/Grecian, but I don't see it quite as much as I see Gaiden/SoV.

You know what I meant, European as in typical FE. But yeah, I guess I see what you're saying.

3 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

was it? i dont see it....  there are aspects i guess .. i mean its hard not to when u do a fantasy game... but its not like hoshido... going full greco-roman style

The cultures are reminiscent of the Greeks and Romans. Ever heard of the saying "Greeks were lovers, and Romans were fighters" (usually referring to mythology). Rigel is like Roman Empire: it's an empire built upon a culture centered around strength and fighting ability. Meanwhile Zofia is like ancient Greece: warm, in tune with nature. However, the top of the class structure is corrupted by greed and power.

Plus, it features a lot of monsters, some inspired by mythology, like those winged buggers (gargoyles? It's been a while for me) are reminiscent of the furies.

The 2 main gods: Mila and Duma, share a lot of similarities/parallels to Demeter and Mars respectively.

The overclasses are very Grecko-Roman-inspired: Rigain, Sparta, and Oliphantier in particular.

Also, I would like to note that the art for enemy/npc units is drawn to look similar to Greek pottery.

I would say it's not full greco-roman, since there is some early medieval influences, but the detailing is very greco-roman.

13 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

The cultures are reminiscent of the Greeks and Romans. Ever heard of the saying "Greeks were lovers, and Romans were fighters" (usually referring to mythology). Rigel is like Roman Empire: it's an empire built upon a culture centered around strength and fighting ability. Meanwhile Zofia is like ancient Greece: warm, in tune with nature. However, the top of the class structure is corrupted by greed and power.

Plus, it features a lot of monsters, some inspired by mythology, like those winged buggers (gargoyles? It's been a while for me) are reminiscent of the furies.

The 2 main gods: Mila and Duma, share a lot of similarities/parallels to Demeter and Mars respectively.

The overclasses are very Grecko-Roman-inspired: Rigain, Sparta, and Oliphantier in particular.

Also, I would like to note that the art for enemy/npc units is drawn to look similar to Greek pottery.

I would say it's not full greco-roman, since there is some early medieval influences, but the detailing is very greco-roman.

No i have never heard that... even google doesnt show me any results...

But i see your other points and especially the "portrait" one! Yeah there are definitely influences nad i guess they can always go full Greek (hoshido) but i wouldn't prefer it, i like the medieval elements of FE...

I also remember when i saw berkut his ear ornament give the illusion of an olive leaf headdress...

17 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Yeah that makes sense.

17 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

No i have never heard that... even google doesnt show me any results...

Maybe it wasn't a saying? It's just something that's stuck with me, I guess? I just remember that in mythology, the Greek version often focused more on the romance behind the stories meanwhile the Romans liked the more action/war stories. The Roman depictions were given more Warrior-like, IIRC.