Grand Hero Battles 2018: Who Do You Want?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medeus, Gharnef, Hardin (Possessed), Galle, Lyon, Glen, Caellach, Ashnard, Petrine, Bryce, Black Knight (Radiant Dawn), Zelgius, Dheginsea, Ashnard, Jarod, Walhart, Gangrel, Yen'fay, Aversa, Garon, and Anankos.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Coming up: Valter rerun, some new guy/chick, Zephiel rerun and then Xander rerun. We got Arvis in October so I'm expecting a new one this month as well as a Valter rerun, since Berkut was the one before his GHB and Clarisse before Berkut.

Zephiel will come before Valter if they continue their current pattern since we just had Navarre and Berkut before that (they're doing 2 pre-Infernal reruns for every post-Infernal rerun).

So the likely upcoming schedule for reruns is

• Zephiel
  • Valter
  • Xander
  • Camus
  • Arvis

assuming Lloyd is not getting another rerun before everyone else gets theirs (since Lloyd was the first rerun with Infernal difficulty that didn't have it originally and everything after Lloyd's rerun have been in order).

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Zephiel will come before Valter if they continue their current pattern since we just had Navarre and Berkut before that (they're doing 2 pre-Infernal reruns for every post-Infernal rerun).

So the likely upcoming schedule for reruns is

• Zephiel
  • Valter
  • Xander
  • Camus
  • Arvis

assuming Lloyd is not getting another rerun before everyone else gets theirs (since Lloyd was the first rerun with Infernal difficulty that didn't have it originally and everything after Lloyd's rerun have been in order).

What are chances of there being a brand new GHB before Valter.

• Ishtar
  • Emperor!Alvis
  • Hannibal
  • Altena
  • Percival
  • Limstella
  • Linus
  • Lyon
  • Selena
  • Caellach
  • Ashnard
  • Petrine
  • Oliver (as a lethal joke character)
  • Naesala
  • Lehran
  • Walhart
  • Aversa
  • Garon
  • Sumeragi
Edited by Rapier

3 hours ago, Rapier said:
  • Percival

I'm hoping he shows up as a 4* with a fantastic stat spread and a great, if not unique weapon, like Soleil. That said, I'll take a GHB of him over 5*-exclusive if he has something special to him. I think I'd cry with joy if they introduced Percival.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Apparently we're getting another goddamn BHB rerun next. So much for hoping for a new GHB unit.

Where'd they announce that? That's a major disappointment. BHBs aren't bad, but the reruns are so very tedious.

Honestly all I want at this point are either Xander/Camus reruns or any GHBs. I've basically given up getting new characters since they're all freaking 5* anymore, so GHBs and TTs were my only sources of new characters.

7 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Where'd they announce that? That's a major disappointment. BHBs aren't bad, but the reruns are so very tedious.

Honestly all I want at this point are either Xander/Camus reruns or any GHBs. I've basically given up getting new characters since they're all freaking 5* anymore, so GHBs and TTs were my only sources of new characters.

Datamine stuff. It's an Ephraim and Eirika BHB rerun. I still have no idea which idiot at IS thought BHB reruns were a good idea.

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Datamine stuff. It's an Ephraim and Eirika BHB rerun. I still have no idea which idiot at IS thought BHB reruns were a good idea.

UGH. Couldn't they at least rerun GHBs so we can actually have decent merge potential? Even with that, it'd take 8 reruns to get a +10 how they've been doing it.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Just give us Shizas already!  He needs his chance at redemption after what Echoes did to him!

• Unit type:  Lance Cavalier
  • Level 1 stats at 3-star:  HP 18, Attack 6, Speed 5, Defense 5, Resistance 7
  • Level 1 stats at 4-star:   HP 18, Attack 6, Speed 6, Defense 5, Resistance 8
  • Level 1 stats at 5-star:  HP 19, Attack 7, Speed 6, Defense 6, Resistance 8
  • Growth points:  HP 7, Attack 7, Speed 5, Defense 6, Resistance 5
  • Weapon skill pool:  Iron Lance, Steel Lance, Silver Lance, Saunion
    • Saunion:  Might 14, Range 2:  Defense +3, Allows user to switch places with adjacent ally
  • Special skills:  Rising Wind, Growing Wind
  • Type-A passives:  Wind Boost 1, Hurricane Boost 1, Hurricane Boost 2
    • Hurricane Boost 1: If user has 3 or more HP remaining than target, boosts user's Speed and Resistance by +2 each during combat.
    • Hurricane Boost 2:  If user has 3 or more HP remaining than target, boosts user's Speed and Resistance by +4 each during combat.
  • Type-B passives:  Renewal 1, Renewal 2, Renewal 3

And, of course, his Grand Hero Battle map would be a throwback 8-bit rendition of the battle at the Border from Gaiden, and likewise use 8-bit music from Alm's route of chapter 4 from Gaiden...

I don't care who we get at this point; I just want it to go back to the every other week schedule for new GHBs.  We've only had like 2 in the last 6 months after getting a pretty good stream of them for the first half of the year.  Even the repeats are taking forever now.  At this rate, we're never going to see Lyon, Nergal, or Sephiran.

I figured I could share my theory-crafted Iago here.

Iago - Dread Mage (Infantry, Red Tome)
Description: Nohr's tactician and a retainer to King Garon. He's a devious schemer and a skilled illusionist. A bit dramatic. Appears in Fire Emblem Fates.

Stats: (149 Total)
HP: 36 (40)
Atk: 34
Spd: 30
Def: 18
Res: 31 (33)

Weapon: Ginnungagap (14 Might. Nullifies Stat Boosts On Target.)
Special Skill: Vengeance
Passive Skill A: HP/Res 2
Passive Skill B: Bowbreaker

Summon Quote:
"I am Iago, Nohr's greatest tactician... Let us see what our combined strength can accomplish..."

Base Quotes:
"You stand before Iago, the greatest tactician of the mighty kingdom of Nohr!"
"Oh? Have you noticed my mask? I had it tailor made, I'll have you know."
"What kind of devious plans do you want me to devise? What? No devious plans? Aw, you're no fun."
"I am quite the skilled illusionist I'll have you know. I hope my skills will prove useful"
"Heh heh heh...."
"I serve my liege, King Garon, with utmost loyalty, but for now, I serve you...."
"With our combined tactical genius, we surely could accomplish anything!"

Castle Quotes:
"Quite an extravagant castle you have here...."
"I have served my king for years, and I shall continue to serve him until my death."
"Heh heh heh... AH! What am I doing? Nothing! I assure you I'm all clean!"

Critical Quotes:
"Tremble before my power!"
"I'll be killing you now!"
"Now you're going to suffer!"
"HAH!"

Edited by The Lord Of Gems

16 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:
  • Level 1 stats at 3-star:  HP 18, Attack 6, Speed 5, Defense 5, Resistance 7
  • Level 1 stats at 4-star:   HP 18, Attack 6, Speed 6, Defense 5, Resistance 8
  • Level 1 stats at 5-star:  HP 19, Attack 7, Speed 6, Defense 6, Resistance 8

With those stats, he'd have 7 Atk and 5 Spd at level 1 4-star rarity, not 6 Atk and 6 Spd. Promotion gains from 3-star to 4-star rarity are +1 to the second and third highest stats.

@The Lord Of Gems:

Just want to point out that they've never put any of the final bosses of games as a GHB yet, so I don't expect to see guys like Nergal or Medeus (though, technically Fire Dragon is the final boss, so I guess Nergal's possible)

That said, here's my list.

• Limstella
  • Ephidel
  • Jahn (seriously, male dragon when?)
  • Sonia
  • Morzah
  • Selena (the real one, not the stupid one with twintails)
  • Glenn
  • Fargus
  • Dheginsea
  • Kurthnaga
  • Rajaion
  • Petrine
  • Zelgius
  • Sephiran
  • Oliver
  • Hetzel
  • Seven Heroes (Bramimond, Athos, etc)
  • Linus (please don't screw up his art)
  • Leila
  • Ismare
  • Carlyle
  • Uhai
  • Uther
  • Young Zephiel
  • Guinnevere
  • Gale
  • Areone
  • Cyas
  • Orson (dude would be so creepy)

I guess that's a good start.

1. Hardin (FE3): His Dark Emperor self should be pretty cool gameplay-wise since he would be an Armor with Gravidus.
  2. Murdock (FE6): This man is pretty crazy and we need more Armors.
  3. Linus (FE7): He is the only missing member of the Four Fangs. FE7 should be covered enough with that.
  4. Lyon (FE8): Considering that he has some popularity it's surprising his GHB wasn't during the Sacred Stones banner.
  5. Selena (FE8): She is technically the Camus of FE8 (if we ignore Glen for a bit). More mage cavaliers are always welcome (not for the meta though).
  6. Ashnard (FE9): We need some Sword 'Wyverns' if you know what I mean. Flier really need some diversity in their roster and Ashnard has an in-built DC weapon.
  7. Aversa (FE13): She is the only canonical mage flier and there is a serious need for her since all of the other mages are seasonal ones.
  8. Walhart (FE13): We have some serious lack of Axe cavaliers and this guy is one of the best candidates for them with his Wolfbeil
  9. Flora (FE14): Since she ends up fighting you in every single route she fits into the criteria of a GHB unit and we didn't have a Dagger one yet.
Edited by Talandar

14 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Murdock (FE6): This man is pretty crazy and we need more Armors.

This man catches and crushes Roy's sword with one hand in the Hasha manga and only falls after Roy switches to an effective weapon (Rapier) and catches two Elfires with the tip to stab into him. Tomahawk when?

18 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Ashnard (FE9): We need some Sword 'Wyverns' if you know what I mean. Flier really need some diversity in their roster and Ashnard has an in-built DC weapon.

I'm not convinced they'll give Gurgurant Distant Counter, though, like how Eckesachs doesn't have it despite 1-2 range being literally its only notable feature.

35 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Walhart (FE13): We have some serious lack of Axe cavaliers and this guy is one of the best candidates for them with his Wolfbeil

Walhart has Wolf Berg. Wolf Beil belongs to Hector.

46 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

It's a good thing in my opinion that every single legendary weapon that has DC effect in the games, because there's a lot, doesn't get it in Heroes as well. 

Also because the DC is nothing to do with the actual weapon's lore, but rather a band-aid fix to prevent cheesing the weird non-moving boss design - i.e. a gameplay contrivance.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Also because the DC is nothing to do with the actual weapon's lore, but rather a band-aid fix to prevent cheesing the weird non-moving boss design - i.e. a gameplay contrivance.

Magic weapons say otherwise.

By that logic, Ragnell, Alondite, and Gurgurant also have no business having 1-2 range because Ragnell is only usable by a player unit, the bosses using Alondite and Gurgurant are capable of moving, and the only weapons capable of damaging their users are melee-ranged weapons (Ragnell is the only 1-2 range weapon that can damage them, but we've made it 1 range because of the previous reasoning).