My first FE12 H4 run

Mega Koopa

After seeing a lot of people I know play H4 on FE12. I decided to play through it myself. I've played beaten H2 and H3 before so I know what I'm in for. I want to use this thread as some sort of screenshot lp, so any suggestions and help is appreciated. I will be using the dlc items like the rainbow potion and growth drop. (because I'm a wimp)

So I make my avatar and give him the best name possible.

Screenshot_20171230-223241.png

And I choose to make him into a Knight just for the prologue. As for the customization options, I choose Priest's Child, Diversity and Honorable.

So, in Prologue 1 nothing happens aside from Poop getting a good level up. In Prologue 2, nothing specific happens aside from me attempting to get levels on Ryan who I plan to use as a Hunter. In prologue 3, I fight a mercenary, two fighters and a wing spear. The strategy I used to beat this map is slightly different then the strategy I'd use on H3 only because all the enemies attack first. After dispatching all the enemies Caeda comes up and tries to square up to Poop the Knight.

Screenshot_20171230-224736.png

(also lol, this would so kill him if she had her signature weapon.)

So, I move on the prologue 4 (Athena's version of course) and have a generally easy time thanks to the strat I learned from Rengor's playthrough.

Screenshot_20171230-230130.png

Shoutouts to Wrys for surviving the archer. I also use this map as an opportunity to train up Luke, I don't know what class to make him yet but I'm thinking Swordmaster. After Prologue 4 the difficulty starts to ramp up in which I end up having to restart Prologue 5 multiple times. I find a way to beat prologue 5 but only because Athena dodged a 70% Fighter.

Screenshot_20171231-140842.png  

I try to feed Luke a boss kill but extended oof. I got to prologue 6 which is kinda tricky but not as bad as the previous map, I choose to get Ogma, because Draug is bad, he's just my mu with lower growths and really frail while not having enough speed to compensate for it. In Prologue 7, I choose Kain's map because Kain is really good for the prologue. I end up having to reset the map because I didn't pay attention to his attack range and he sniped Caeda. 

Prologue 8 is where the gloves come off and is, in my opinion, one of the hardest early game maps in this game. I restarted the map multiple times, because even after playing this game almost five times, I still can't find a good strategy of clearing this map.

Screenshot_20180103-121757.png

This middle section I feel is especially painful because of the fact it's hard to kill all of these guys in one turn, especially on reverse lunatic where they would attack first. I was able to be this part because fact that Athena dodged a 54% attack. Taking out the remaining thieves wasn't that bad. I had Wrys bait out the two Levin Sword thieves (Because he got an hp level, he survived both thieves with 1 hp). I finished off the Katarina which was actually kind of tough since she one shots everyone except for my units who have either a lot of res or 26+ hp. After I take out Katarina, I move on to the main game.

Now, I start chapter 1 and finally get access to the almighty reclass feature. The first thing I do is reclass my mu into a Pirate, Luke into a Mercenary (I didn't train him enough in the prologue, so he gets one shot by the bandits without the rainbow potion:MarcusYoung:), Rody into a Curate just for heals, Cecille into a Pegasus Knight for the bullion and to lure the other enemies, Arran Hanson into a General for tanking, Ryan into a Hunter for obvious reasons and Draug into a Fighter (because I plan on using him as a Pirate -> Dracoknight -> Berserker).

Afterwards I get the Growth Drop which I immediately give to Marth since he needs to have capped stats to be able to fight the final boss.I gave the rainbow potion to everyone except Gordin, Rody and Cecille. 

Screenshot_20180103-124549.png

These bandits are buff bois, have 13 strength, 31 hp, and 10 attack speed on chapter 1, but they can barely take a hit. I take out the initial guys by putting my mu into the range of the guy all the way on the left. then I put Arran Hanson in the range of the three bandits closest to him but staying out of the range of the one on the far right (since he can't take four hits), I put Luke two spaces below Arran so he can bait one of the guys into attacking him. and I just move everyone else completely out of the range of the bandits.

I have Cecille move over to the cave to get the bullion and next turn I finish off the remaining enemies with the rest of my units and get Malicia. I got lucky and she got a perfect level up while healing my units but lost it due to Ryan missing an 80% attack.

Screenshot_20180103-130209.png

Rody also got a really good level up despite me not using him this run. Thanks for the big middle finger, game.

Screenshot_20180103-130141.png

So, next up there's a choke point here which would be Draug's favorite part of the game in any other circumstance but in this game he gets ORKO'd by the bandits as a Knight and OHKO'd as most other classes. First I use Peg!Cecille to lure away the bandit and Hunter all the way on the left, while I had General Arran tank the rest of the enemies. I finished them off with my other units and they get a few levels. I have Marth talk to Lorenz (which sadly doesn't jihad in this game). Then I seize the throne and get a Mend Staff for Malicia.

So, I started chapter 2. It wasn't too bad because I played the map kinda slowly. In the beginning of the map I am immediately greeted by the best girl in the series, Catria. I use her and Dracoknight Arran to lure away some of the Cavaliers as well as getting the Lady Sword Thief, just after recruiting Warren.

I stay a little bit at the village area where I recruit Cord and find out my MU can only just barely survive being attacked by three soldiers with 1 hp, so I have him kill all three soldiers and let Draug get a kill on one of them only the get an hp only level up. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Afterwards I kill the cavaliers and Luke gets a better level (hp, strength and speed).

Now, I only have the boss and his squad of 5 Dracoknights left. 

Screenshot_20180106-171838.png

I forge Ryan a steel bow to be able to take care of the boss with relative ease. (The bow is only 4 hp off from being able to OHKO the boss.)

I also took the forge name from MK404's FE11 playthrough.

I have all my other units finish off the Dracoknights and have Ryan finish off the boss

Screenshot_20180106-172910.png

Only to get another blank level. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I spend another 3-4 turns just getting exp on my Clerics then have Marth seize the throne to recruit the second best girl in the series, Linde.

Screenshot_20180106-171857.pngScreenshot_20180106-171905.pngScreenshot_20180106-171913.png

If you were curious about my units, here they are so far.

Edited by Mega Koopa X
typo

So, we start off chapter 3 here which is not an interesting map. It has a unique gimmick with the dracoknights but there's no indication on how the dracoknights move and without knowing for yourself how they move in the beginning, the map be really frustrating. After the initial rush of dracoknights the map kinda falls flat and it's just an FE4 simulator. 

Screenshot_20180106-190424.png

In this map, we get the most broken non-MU unit in the game. She literally has B Rank Lances, 16 base speed, comes with another Silver Lance and is super hot.

On Normal and hard mode she can handle the cavalier spam at the top but on Lunatic (and even maniac) the cavaliers two shot her, so you have to protect her a bit.

Screenshot_20180106-192408.png

I get another horrible level up, this time with Linde, which makes me unironically want to vomit. Also, since Linde gets one shot by every enemies in the game, I give her an angelic robe from the armory. Once I kill the cavaliers and get a bridge key and recruit Hammer, I finally get to the village with Julian in it. 

Screenshot_20180106-191456.png

(also Draug gets an outstanding level to make up for his last one)

I go and recruit Matthis, which I hate for making me go all the way around the mountain. I fight the boss which is kind of tough because of the fact that he has a starshard that increases his defense and strength. I bring him down and seize the throne, to have Jagen completely roast Lang. Afterwards, we move on to Holm Beach to visit Windell.