Fire Emblem Awakening: Lost Hope

Ottservia

So Idk how this works as this is my first time doing this soooo. Also any and all feedback is appreciated in fact I would like to hear as much feedback as possible please. feed back topic here:

Edited by Otts486

Chapter 1

“You’re mother and father are dead, tiny one”

Grima, The blue haired princess thought as she trembled before the three large gleaming red eyes before her.

“Now it is your turn....” The Grima said as he lifted it’s head to reveal his mountainous self.

Lucina attempted to steady herself and pointed her sword at the fell dragon. However her body still trembled as sweat poured down her face. This feeling of utter helplessness reverberated across her entire being.

“TO DIE!!!!”

The dragon lunges his head at Lucina with his maw gaping open. Her eyes widened in terror and determination as a deafening war cry escaped her lips.

They were too late. Lucina gritted her teeth and furrowed her brow as she looked upon the sight before her. Several corpses lay strewn about the charred remains of, what once was, a village square. Dried spatters of blood stained the floor as the stench of rotting flesh permeated the air.

“Gods no” was all Lucina could say.

Her younger sister, Cynthia, stood beside her in silence with both of her hands covering her mouth. Her pegasus lowering it’s head in an attempt comfort it’s master.

The two girls stood there for a few moments in silent mourning. Lucina clenched her fist. If only they’d have gotten here sooner, they would have been able to save some of these people. Gods she just felt so useless.

“S-somebody please” they heard a weak voice call out.

The two girls glanced over to see a beaten man laying on the floor, covered in ash and blood. Without any hesitation, they both immediately dashed over to him.

“Are you alright?” Lucina asked, crouching down and turning him over to his back. The man coughed weakly in the young lord’s arms. Her eyes widened as she saw the several bloody wounds scattered across his body.

“Cynthia go see if we have any more Vulneraries now!” She ordered her younger sister.

“Right” Cynthia nodded as she ran to over and began to rummage through one of the side pouches attached to her pegasus.

“Are you okay? Can you speak?” Lucina asked the man. He could only groan in response.

She reached for a small pouch on her hip. “Here drink some water” she said putting the opening of the pouch to the man’s lips.

The man coughed somewhat violently as he gulped down the refreshing drink. He smiled, “Th-thank you” he said

Lucina’s lips curved a soft smile.

“Lucy! Here’s the vulnerary” Cynthia said running over to her older sister and handing her the healing mixture.

“Thank you Cynthia” She said grabbing the vulnerary and pressed it to the man’s lips. “Here drink th-” Lucina cut herself off as she felt the man’s body grow cold and limp.

Lucina’s hands trembled as she held the lifeless body. She tightly shut her eyes in attempt to hold back tears. Tightening her grip on the vulnerary; she violently threw the potion which caused it shatter upon hitting the floor.

There was a brief moment of silence as a slight breeze howled around them.

“Lucy?” Cynthia tried to put her hand on her sister’s shoulder but hesitated. “Are you alright?”

Lucina remained silent for a moment before letting out a deep sigh, “Yes, I am” she said placing the fresh corpse on the floor. She ascended to her feet and brushed herself off.

“So what do we do now?” Cynthia asked.

Lucina turned and met the eyes of her younger sister which were rife with concern and fear.

“We Should get some rest” Lucina said, looking up at the night sky. “It’ll get more dangerous the longer we stay”. The young lord then slowly began to make her way out of the village.

“R-right” Cynthia nodded as she and her pegasus followed close behind.

It didn’t take long for the two girls to find refuge in an abandoned barn on the outskirts of the village. The walls were loose, being composed mostly of rotted wood. Splinters of wood constantly fell from the walls and ceiling. Piles of hay lined the floor along with various farm tools.

“That should do it” Lucina said as she slid some rusted farm tools into the door handles. She pushed on the door which creaked but overall didn’t budge. Lucina nodded in satisfaction and turned around.

The inside of the barn was dark with the only light being the faint glimmer of moonlight peeking through the dusty windows. Moving carefully, Lucina slowly made her way to the back of the barn. There her sister lay sprawled out in a mountain of hay with her pegasus lying beside her. She smiled before going to sit down on a rectangular hay bail next to her sister. The young lord looked up at the dark ceiling before the sound of light rustling caught her attention.

“Lucy? What are you doing?” Cynthia asked.

Lucina glanced over to see Cynthia sit up and rub her eyes. “Just sleep Cynthia, I’ll take the first watch”

“But you always take the first watch” Cynthia said. “Why can’t I do it this time while you sleep?”

Lucina looked back at her younger sister and said, “You need your rest so just allow me to handle this”

“But I can handle it and besides you need your rest to” Cynthia said “You’re always so tired and I want to be able to help you for once”

Lucina was silent for a moment.Cynthia wasn’t wrong and Lucina understood her concerns. However, the young lord couldn’t help but worry as to what might happen if she allowed this. Cynthia was her younger sister after all.

“Cynthia please just go to sleep”

“But Lucy”

“Cynthia!”

“O-okay” Cynthia said before lying back down. “But could you at least tell me a story before I go to sleep?”

Lucina sighed but then saw the wide eyed look in her sister’s eyes. The young lord smiled softly. “Alright, what would you like to hear?”

“Tell me about the time when mother saved father from the enemy force”

Lucina raised her brow, “Again? But I always tell you that story”

“Yeah I know, but it’s my favorite one so please”

Lucina sighed, “very well”

And so Lucina began to tell her story. She told of how the enemy mistook their father for a disguised bandit and of how fiercely the enemy attacked. Their father was overwhelmed and was almost defeated but at the last moment their mother swooped in and rescued him. Cynthia listened in awe as Lucina continued to describe the fierce battle.

“And in the end they were able to convince the enemy of the truth and meet with the khan” Lucina said.

“Wow! Mother and father were really something else weren’t they?” Cynthia said, her eyes gleaming with excitement as sat up and looked at her sister.

“Indeed, they were quite something” Lucina said.

There was a brief moment of silence between the two.

“So then why?” Cynthia suddenly asked. “Why did they break their promise?”

Lucina looked at her younger sister. Her pigtails and face hung low as her eyes began to well with tears.

“Oh Cynthia” Lucina said softly.

“They promised they’d be back but…”Streams of tears then ran down Cynthia’s face. “Mother!” She cried out, not being able to hold it in. “Why did you leave me?!”

Cynthia then hugged Lucina in an attempt to comfort herself. Lucina wrapped her arms around her distraught sister as small tears ran down her cheek.

“It’s okay Cynthia” Lucina said softly, “I’ll always be here for you”

“Thank you Lucy”

Edited by Otts486