Howdy.

romchrom

Howdy, My name is Kat. I thought I would try this place out because FE is one of my favorite franchises. My first game I played was Awakening and my favorite character is Stahl. I also like The Legend of Zelda and Pokemon. As for me, I'm a pretty easy going person. Down to talk about anything Fire Emblem or whatever else.

I hope to see you guys around.

Thank you, guys! I have been lurking on the forums a little bit. Haha.

Levant Mir Celestia - I have played Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Link to the Past, Link Between worlds, and of course Breath of the Wild. I've also played a tiny bit of the Minish Cap and tried to get into Triforce Hero's and Majora's Mask. I also played and loved Hyrule warriors. I am kind of hoping it come back to the switch but i don't think it's going to happen. But with FE Warriors i'm pretty good. Haha.

10 hours ago, romchrom said:

Levant Mir Celestia - I have played Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Link to the Past, Link Between worlds, and of course Breath of the Wild. I've also played a tiny bit of the Minish Cap and tried to get into Triforce Hero's and Majora's Mask. I also played and loved Hyrule warriors. I am kind of hoping it come back to the switch but i don't think it's going to happen. But with FE Warriors i'm pretty good. Haha.

I see. I've played almost all of those (the ones that I haven't are BOTW and Triforce Heroes; I do own the former, though). And knowing that you played Hyrule Warriors... you do know it's on the 3DS (as Hyrule Warriors Legends), don't you (it does have some extra content, I will note)? Anyways, since you have played it, here:

Also, who are your favorite characters to play as? Mine are (in no particular order) Marin, Agitha, Ruto, Lana, Zelda, Medli, Linkle, and Twili Midna.

11 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I see. I've played almost all of those (the ones that I haven't are BOTW and Triforce Heroes; I do own the former, though). And knowing that you played Hyrule Warriors... you do know it's on the 3DS (as Hyrule Warriors Legends), don't you (it does have some extra content, I will note)? Anyways, since you have played it, here:

Also, who are your favorite characters to play as? Mine are (in no particular order) Marin, Agitha, Ruto, Lana, Zelda, Medli, Linkle, and Twili Midna.

I have Hyrule Legends too. ^-^ I liked playing on the big screen though, although I did also play a big chunk of the game on 3ds, but I did forget about that. Haha. And if you have a switch I definitely recommend BOTW.. not so much Triforce Heroes though. Haha. I haven't really played Hyrule Warriors in a while but I think Link was my boy and then I would also use Zelda, Sheik, Linkle, Medli, Midna, and Zant.

3 hours ago, romchrom said:

I have Hyrule Legends too. ^-^ I liked playing on the big screen though, although I did also play a big chunk of the game on 3ds, but I did forget about that. Haha. And if you have a switch I definitely recommend BOTW.. not so much Triforce Heroes though. Haha. I haven't really played Hyrule Warriors in a while but I think Link was my boy and then I would also use Zelda, Sheik, Linkle, Medli, Midna, and Zant.

I have both a Switch and BoTW, actually. If you're interested, I'd recommend playing Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, all of which are on the 3DS eShop (Marin is from the former, btw).

edit: Did you get any of the DLC for either?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I have both a Switch and BoTW, actually. If you're interested, I'd recommend playing Link's Awakening DX, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, all of which are on the 3DS eShop (Marin is from the former, btw).

edit: Did you get any of the DLC for either?

I have wanted to try Link's Awakening, I heard good things about it and maybe I will try the other two also. Are asking about Botw or Hyrule warriors? I have bought dlc for both. Haha. Only a few of the packs for HW and the season pass for BOTw. If dlc is tempting enough it can usually hook me, especially with The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem. Although, surprisingly I haven't spent any money on orbs in Fire Emblem Heroes. 

3 hours ago, romchrom said:

I have wanted to try Link's Awakening, I heard good things about it and maybe I will try the other two also. Are asking about Botw or Hyrule warriors? I have bought dlc for both. Haha. Only a few of the packs for HW and the season pass for BOTw. If dlc is tempting enough it can usually hook me, especially with The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem. Although, surprisingly I haven't spent any money on orbs in Fire Emblem Heroes. 

I was thinking more in the vein of HW, but a BoTW answer is fine too. Anyways, I plan on getting the season pass for those since they come with some extra goodies (Dark Link for HW, and WW Robes for Ganondorf in Legends). It helps that I want the most bang for my buck. Also... There's a subtle change to the ending if you can beat Link's Awakening without dying. And the Oracle games are connected - beat one of them, and you get a password to use in the other. This causes some changes in the other game.

I will have to keep that in mind and getting through a game without dying will be quite the challenge for me. Haha. I think for now I am done with buying the HW content for now. To many other games wanting my money. Although, I do still want Ravio at some point. 

What other games do you play? What other Fire Emblem games have you played?

27 minutes ago, romchrom said:

I will have to keep that in mind and getting through a game without dying will be quite the challenge for me. Haha. I think for now I am done with buying the HW content for now. To many other games wanting my money. Although, I do still want Ravio at some point. 

What other games do you play? What other Fire Emblem games have you played?

Fire Emblem-wise, I've played all the overseas released games other than SoV, which I don't have (plus Sword of Seals). As for other games, I play and own a great many of them, including, but not limited to, Stella Glow, Rune Factory, Atelier, Blue Reflection, Pokemon, and Zelda.

Also, please don't try anything you see the MythBusters do at home. Ever!

28 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Fire Emblem-wise, I've played all the overseas released games other than SoV, which I don't have (plus Sword of Seals). As for other games, I play and own a great many of them, including, but not limited to, Stella Glow, Rune Factory, Atelier, Blue Reflection, Pokemon, and Zelda.

Also, please don't try anything you see the MythBusters do at home. Ever!

I have started Blazing Blade.. Blazing sword.. but I have only played the games after Awakening. Also is Stella Glow any good? I've had my eye on that game. Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey have been keeping me busy lately.

And I know better than to try anything I see on MythBusters. They have a lot of explosions and I can't even handle a balloon popping ten feet away from me. Haha.

2 hours ago, romchrom said:

I have started Blazing Blade.. Blazing sword.. but I have only played the games after Awakening. Also is Stella Glow any good? I've had my eye on that game. Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey have been keeping me busy lately.

And I know better than to try anything I see on MythBusters. They have a lot of explosions and I can't even handle a balloon popping ten feet away from me. Haha.

I'd say it is.

Heh. I just can't get enough of the opening disclaimers. Speaking of, it's back.

Which missions tend to make you struggle in HW? And who are your favoured characters in FEW?

Those disclaimers save their tails though. Some people are dumb enough to try.. I know a few of those people. I am not one! I like to stay safe. Haha.

As for missions, I can remember specifics but I had trouble with some of the later history modes.. Especially when it involved something I really wanted. The game was just like, Nah, you can try a few more times, Loser. Haha. As for my FEW characters, I would have to say Azura grew on me fast and I use Robin quite a bit.. And Takumi.. And Frederick, Lissa, and Elise. How about you?

On January 7, 2018 at 1:24 AM, romchrom said:

Those disclaimers save their tails though. Some people are dumb enough to try.. I know a few of those people. I am not one! I like to stay safe. Haha.

As for missions, I can remember specifics but I had trouble with some of the later history modes.. Especially when it involved something I really wanted. The game was just like, Nah, you can try a few more times, Loser. Haha. As for my FEW characters, I would have to say Azura grew on me fast and I use Robin quite a bit.. And Takumi.. And Frederick, Lissa, and Elise. How about you?

That reminds me of this...

210ae8c.jpg

I was speaking more in the contest of Hyrule Warriors regarding the mission stuff, actually. Anyways, the main ones that I tend to find troublesome are two armies, disorderly forces and traitors; some KO Competitions tend to be troublesome as well (case in point; the one on the Great Sea map where you have to go against a yellow team consisting of Ghirahim, Sheik, Midna, and led by Ganondorf; making things worse, they start with high morale, which means their attacks do more damage, and that's on top of their not staggering when hit). As far as FE Warriors goes, I tend to find Shadow Elimination maps to be awful. If you can't get the mages summoning shadows out quickly, you just might find your base swamped by shadows. Other than that, bow only maps tend to suck (only two bow users in the base game, discounting Anna, who requires completing an illustration to get, and then completing a level 80 map; the lack of bow users consequently leads to not having much leeway in terms of how much damage you can afford to take), as do tome/stone maps (enemies tend to take a long time to go down in those maps, and it isn't helped by the fact that Tiki struggles to kill ANYTHING without Awakening mode; Young Link didn't feel nearly as dependent on Focus Spirit in comparison). As for characters, I mainly use Sakura, Elise, Lissa, and Lianna.

EDIT: Just read that they announced Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition for Switch.

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/hyrule-warriors-definitive-edition-announced-switch