• Prepare to Charge (FE6)
    • Prepare to Charge (FE7)
    • Combat Preparation (FE8)
    • Raising Morale (FE9)
    • Backsliding (FE10)
    • Pray for Victory (FE10)
    • Preparations (FE11)
    • Before Battle (FE12)
    • "We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe" (FE13)
    • Resolve (Light) (FE14BR)
    • Resolve (Dark) (FE14CQ)
    • Those Who Visit (FE14RV)
    • Preparations: Deliverance (FE15)
    • Preparations: Pilgrimage (FE15)
    • Preparations: Reunion (FE15)
    • Enemy Phase (FE1)
    • "Fate won't change, after all" (FE13)

Bit of a random question, but see title.

For me, it's Conquest's: Resolve (Dark).  I quite like the transition into the Flute segment.

Links:

I don't think FE2 and 4 have true prep themes, but if they do correct me and link them.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Shadow Dragon and New Mystery really are the only options. I think they made the preparation themes so good for the arachnea remakes because they KNEW how much hardcore menuing you had to do in those games lol.

New Mystery for me - right amount of bombast without getting obnoxious when you're spending too much time on the battle preparations. Honorary mentions for Shadow Dragon, T776, Sacred Stones, and SoV's endgame theme. Awakening isn't half bad either, if maybe a bit too hectic for my taste.

Never expected Shadow Dragon to get so many votes this far! And yes, this game's Preparations theme is great... but I went with Echoes's version, especially the Deliverance one. I like how upbeat it is, gets me pumped for the battle ahead. And the second part of this song, which kicks in around 0:20, is ridiculously satisfiying.   

As much of a shit show Revelation was, I actually was really happy that Those Who Visit was the preparation theme, and it's the prep theme I like the most in all the FE games I've played. It really builds a mysterious and dangerous atmosphere, so it fits Revelation's concept very well, especially the first chapter of it, where you only have yourself, Azura and your servant.

Overall, Fates event themes weren't as strong as Awakening's imo, but Those Who Visit was one of the great ones.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I voted for FE5's Sally. While FE11, 12, and 15 Alm are all good I prefer the quieter yet still uplifting tone for when I'm doing prepwork. BGMs that are too loud dampen my concentration or get old faster. I also really like Pray for Victory, Resolve and Reunion, and another that the OP forgot was Awakening's "Fate Won't Change, After All", but those play in more limited scenarios. Fire Emblem should definitely try expanding its repetoire of preparations themes per game, though, maybe one per arc instead of one generic and one or two climax themes?

• 2 weeks later...

wait, FE3 preparation theme (book 2) are the enemies battle map (Rebellion, Those Who Obstruct, For Whose Sake) there is also Off to War (in Hardin's Chapter) Also Conspiracy, Different World, Chosen People  and "and..." (not sure about them).

off-topic : I also like they use two different version of the encounter in book 2.

Preparations from Shadow Dragon is my favorite. It's pretty majestic and epic for what normally would be a more toned down game part. Not to mention it reminds me of a time I went to the beautiful Bariloche, Argentina, where I've played a good chunk of the game. Awakening's it's a good second place, and third would be Sacred Stone's, but it's Brawl remix however 

• 2 weeks later...