FE:Warriors 13th most played Switch game in NA

Jedi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad! Not surprised to see BOTW as #1 though. Sad Xenoblade didn't make the cut though, but it has been released later than the others though.

10 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I guess if there is one thing you can't accuse people of, it's having good tastes.

Hey, I know some people who like sports games, and...

uh... and we don't have very many common interests...

... nevermind...

The only type of sports games I care for in video games are tennis and golf.  And fighting, if that counts.

But oh hey, it's nice that FEW made this list.  I mean, it's kind of a given that most who'd play it would sink tons of hours into it versus some other games.  Unless you're some Gamespot reviewer, you don't just play through the story and call it a done deal.

Still, it is surprising, especially considering all the naysaying I've been hearing so much of.  What's interesting is that it's just behind Xenoverse and quite a ways above Disgaea.  Both of those games are huge time sinks.  Or at least, I'm assuming Disgaea is, since that's the type of game it has been for a while.

Aren't there only 15 major Switch games out so far? I may exaggerate, but this is a very young system with a rather small catalogue to flip through.

Given we have access to these statistics, I wonder how FE Switch will do once that comes out? A nice long SRPG with high levels of replayability for some. Sounds like a time burner.

Glad to see it getting some love. My predictions for the list before I look at it: Breath of the Wild, Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Arms, Pokken, Mario kart 8 deluxe, Sonic Mania, Xenoblade 2, and Warriors of course.

Well I forgot Mario+Rabbids existed but still surprising with how obscure of a game it really is. Rip no Xenoblade but I still say it's among the best of the switch lineup especially among the RPG's. Forgot/didn't care about some of the other games on the list.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Still, it is surprising, especially considering all the naysaying I've been hearing so much of.  What's interesting is that it's just behind Xenoverse and quite a ways above Disgaea.  Both of those games are huge time sinks.  Or at least, I'm assuming Disgaea is, since that's the type of game it has been for a while.

It is. That game has so many mechanics and tons of post story content as well. One LPer had just over 100 parts of the game, and they didn't even 100% I believe.

Nice. Shows that despite the game releasing literally only a few days before Odyssey, it's still making somewhat of an impact. Sad to not see Xenoblade 2, considering it's a 100+ hour game, but to be fair, that game's only been out for barely a month and the Xenoblade community is smaller than the FE community.

1 hour ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

i thought there were like 8 switch games

Nice original joke.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I wish Switch had an activity log so I could get a ranking of my own most played games.

If you go on your Switch profile, you can see all the games you've played ranked by how many hours you've played them, from most played to least played. There's some flaws though, as it doesn't give you a specific time, just "played for x amount of hours of more".

2 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Glad to see it getting some love. My predictions for the list before I look at it: Breath of the Wild, Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Arms, Pokken, Mario kart 8 deluxe, Sonic Mania, Xenoblade 2, and Warriors of course.

Well I forgot Mario+Rabbids existed but still surprising with how obscure of a game it really is. Rip no Xenoblade but I still say it's among the best of the switch lineup especially among the RPG's. Forgot/didn't care about some of the other games on the list.

Mario + Rabbids has Mario and is considered surprisingly good given its premise. 

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If you go on your Switch profile, you can see all the games you've played ranked by how many hours you've played them, from most played to least played. There's some flaws though, as it doesn't give you a specific time, just "played for x amount of hours of more".

Oh right. This is a hidden feature. Doesn't appear until you've played a few games. I guess I only remembered it as something that didn't exist. Wish you could sort the data, seems like it only displays the last 20 played games, not the 20 most played. And past 5 hours, the times given appear to be only in multiples of 5 hours, come on. I seem to have only 20 titles played, so this is perfect:

Spoiler
  1.  Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Fire Emblem Warriors
  3. Super Mario Odyssey
  4. Sonic Forces
  5. Mario + Rabbids
  6. ARMS
  7. Blaster Master Zero
  8. Yooka Laylee
  9. Splatoon 2
  10. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  11. Golf Story
  12. Sonic Mania
  13. Fast RMX
  14. The Binding of Isaac
  15. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  16. Mr. Shifty
  17. Mighty Gunvolt Burst
  18. Splatoon 2 demo
  19. ARMS Demo
  20. Other Splatoon 2 demo

I just reread the list, 1-2 switch is on it, I'm a little concerned that people may be drinking too much

honestly, 1-2 switch is one of the best video games to make a drinking game out of

As others have said, whilst I'm not saying there aren't a decent amount of games on the system, there still aren't that many high profile/AAA games on the system for it to be hard for a Fire Emblem game, which have blown up in the past few titles, to make the top twenty. If it was the top ten, I'd be a little more impressed. Fire Emblem isn't as niche as it used to be.

9 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Mario + Rabbids has Mario and is considered surprisingly good given its premise. 

As someone who has the game in question; it most certainly is, and it definitely deserves a Top 10 position. It's one of those games that could have been really bad, and yet it ended up being really awesome instead. Probably kind of like Kingdom Hearts in that way.

Edited by Folt

4 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

Oh ok. PS2? Don't you mean PS4?

It's relative. PS2 was apparently the highest selling console to date.

3 hours ago, Folt said:

As someone who has the game in question; it most certainly is, and it definitely deserves a Top 10 position. It's one of those games that could have been really bad, and yet it ended up being really awesome instead. Probably kind of like Kingdom Hearts in that way.

I have it too, but I also discovered that the XCOM gameplay may not be for me. I'm also terrible at actually ranking things.

Cool, though like others have said, with the amount of worthwhile Switch titles out so far, it doesn't seem as impressive as it could be.

That said, Warriors is my most played Switch game right now, even above BotW and Splatoon. (though I've only played BotW for like 70 hours, I'm not a Zelda fanatic)