Who is your favorite/least favorite Lord in the series?

indigoasis

Favourite: Well, I think I don't really need to write it down, but here it is - Lucina (wow, what a surprise). Reason is probably because her determination is really awesome, I like that she has her emotional side as well, which also appears in the game (not just in the form of some description). Also, however minor reason it seems to be, she has the Mark in her eye, and I quite like characters that have some special traits in connection with their eyes (be it an eyepatch, heterochromia...)

Least favourite: It's probably Roy... I somehow never felt like I want him to become strong. I mean, when I start an FE and get introduce to the characters, I usually have the feeling that "this character is pretty awesome, I want him/her to be strong, and defeat lots of enemies", or "well, it's not like I hate this character, but they don't really have the charisma to make me like them". Roy was the latter in this case. He seemed dull and boring. I felt almost the same with Eirika, but I found her naïvety kind of cute later on so that's why she isn't my choice here.

Favorite:

- Story-Wise - Ike for reasons that should be obvious or mentioned previously by others and the other two would be to the Renais twins for I really do like their characters in how they develop over the course of the game, especially with how they both have something the other lacks with them being two sides of the same coin, but over time begin to gain what they need more of which for Eirika is strength and Ephraim is kindness/compassion. They're also both great foils to Lyon given their relationship with him too, but I do prefer Ephraim the most if I could only pick one given that instead of how for Eirika it's the loss of a friend for Ephraim it's the loss of a friend who has lost his way and he feels responsible for Lyon taking this path. 

- Design Wise - Ephraim, he wields a lance and his animation with it especially when he crits is awesome. I love his black cape with the red inside and he doesn't just have blue hair sure like the others, but it's a teal instead. Chrom also looks pretty cool with his white cape and navy blue clothing, you can tell his design is inspired a bit from Ike whose design I like as well.

- Personality Wise - Kinda a four way tie between Ike, Ephraim, Hector and Chrom (though I think I may give this to Chrom overall and that's largely because he has a lot of interaction and I really enjoy his supports especially with characters like Robin, Olivia and Azura with the former showing his insecurities in Warriors and the latter two with him being introverted and acting awkward.

Least Favorite:

- Story-Wise - Corrin in both Birthright and Revelation, same with Conquest but to a lesser extent because I do appreciate what they tried to do with her there considering we never had a protagonist have to struggle in their situation to that of a Camus but one that lives. Corrin in Birthright just really bothers me from how it doesn't seem in character from what we initially saw from her personality in beginning and when you take into consideration she's a character from both worlds in how she acts towards Nohr overall in this path to me it just doesn't settle well and I speak as someone with mixed heritage. Celica, but only for the part with Jedah as it's completely idiotic despite everything this guy has done to try to bring harm to Celica and her friends, not to mention the guy feels nothing, but apathy towards his own daughter when she lashes out at him.

I view it as the worse offender of the naive female lords as I really do not see anyway to defend it, especially when she's isn't anywhere near as sheltered as the rest (she had a village and a ISLAND) because at least for Eirika it was due to her old friend who was apparently struggling within to take back control of his body (Ephraim never sees his friend Lyon trying to win back his body nor does L'Arachel and she doesn't have the emotional bond that these two have for their friend) and he has mentioned prior in a flashback how with a sliver of the stone's power he managed to save a girl's life along with the wounds she got from a fire, so it makes sense for Eirika to do this making the choice not just being emotional, but it does have some reasoning backing it up. 

- Design Wise - Male Corrin, no contest. But if I am to pick a non avatar character then it would have to be Seliph out of the fact he's just too feminine for me even more so than Marth and I'm just not a fan of his clothes compared to other lords in the series based off his Heroes illustration.

- Personality-Wise - Roy, he's just so incredibly boring despite having the most supports and most involvement in the story like my god... all I can say to him being the apparent 2nd most popular male according to Heroes is how... JUST HOW!? But then I remember of course Smash, which sure you can say the same for Ike being the most popular male, but at least in his own game he shows some personality and character development making it a well deserved placement where as for Roy I didn't get nothing from him even his father Eliwood is better.

So with everything said my overall favorite and least favorite are Ephraim and Roy respectively. 

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Favourite: Ike, naive when introduced, often taking things at face value, these traits makes his story/Growth a lot more captivating then it actually is. As we learn and understand the world through his naive and sheltered eyes. His character growth is arguably the best in the entire series.

Ike's personality is another thing I can't help but adore. His cocky attitude, his cheeky, impudent remarks. His boss Quotes are amusing. Plus he's the Main character of my favourite game.

Other lords I like are Eliwood, Micaiha, Hector, Elincia, Ephraim and Celica.

Least favourite: Roy, Marth, Corrin, Lucina and Chrom.

Being a central figure in the narrative, these guys are as bland as can be. They're just there for the sake of being there. I just found them extremely boring.

Edited by Skylorella Con

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So most of the male lords are arguably perfect/flawless. The ladies never have qualified, Lyn being the closest in terms of what happens to her in the plot, but that is because after LM, she is unimportant- so no damselism, naïveté or major chance to show imperfection. And in terms of tactical perfection, Micaiah is the strongest with her miraculous powers guiding her military moves, but too much chaos can blur them and fatigue her outside of direct combat. Combat perfection- Micaiah is frail, so I'd hazard Lyn or Celica.

Most of Micaiah's strategies have nothing to do with foresight. Even without foresight, she's a far better tactician than the other female lords and most lords in general. 

Favorite:

Personality: Tie between Roy and Micaiah.  HM to Eirika.

Design: Micaiah

Least favorite:

FE10 Ike, for everything ever.  Bad personality, bad design, I wish I could kill him off and move on with the game without having to put up with him. 

Favorite: Lucina, I liked her blend of being seriousness and dorkiness. She's strong-willed and determined. For all of her seriousness, I love that deep down, she actually naive and oblivious at times. Plus she has one of the harshest backstories for a main character in Fire Emblem next to Leif and Seliph. 

Least favorite: Micaiah, despite being a mediocre unit, I feel that she has a poor execution like some of the ideas in Radiant Dawn. There is nothing that really draws me to cheer her on.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Most of Micaiah's strategies have nothing to do with foresight. Even without foresight, she's a far better tactician than the other female lords and most lords in general.

Well I think it's implied she uses her foresight more than see ingame. She uses it liberally in Part 4, and sometimes in Part 1: 1-4, and 1-6. The rest of Part 1 doesn't directly invoke her prophetic powers, and Part 3 she is stripped of them. 3-6 is won only by virtue of the LA not expecting Daein at all to get involved. 3-7, well would the LA have won it even without Soren's distraction stratagem? It all depends how much stock you take in Ranulf's intel of the Daein Army being poorly armed. 3-12, we've expressed differing opinions of how the procession through Daein goes. You insist Ike engaged in active combat through it, while I interpret Sanaki's attempts for peaceful travel through the country to stand for the entirety of the LA-Sanaki's Loyalists-Crimean force, meaning Ike tried to avoid fighting and the whole General Maiel thing wasn't Ike seeking a battle, but rather Micaiah starting one and the LA engaging in self-defense. In your scenario, Micaiah pulling off 3-12 is more exceptional than in my scenario, since in yours Ike hasn't been holding back while in Daein, and in mine Sanaki's desire for the whole of the four nation army to avoid fighting Daein means everyone Ike included has their hands tied and can't take aggressive preventive measures against whatever Daein does. 

No matter how you spin it, I do applaud Micaiah for what she does do throughout the game. Her background is a fortune teller- what do they know about warfare? I hesitate to use that baleful word "prodigal" with her, more she learns expediently. Plus I think you could say that once she joins the Daein Army, Tauroneo and other invisible but properly trained military advisors back her up. But that is fine by me- since she's humble about her abilities and one-man high commands is perfectionism and that is bad. Plus I appreciate her P3 struggling.

But yeah, I would say Micaiah is the best of the females as a strategist (and she is the only one to lead a real army). Lyn has Mark to think for her (and on the male side, Chrom has Robin to think for him). Eirika- well she has the early pre-split chapters, but never does Eirika ever actually lead a true military force, only a handful of troops with Seth plastered to her side (not that Seth is comparable to Robin or Mark). Celica- similar situation to Eirika, and I don't know whether she is better or not, I'm guessing better. Forrin doesn't count because Forrin can be Morrin and hence Corrin is truly genderless and cannot be claimed for either the male or female camp.

I guess for me, my favorite lords would be either Micaiah or Chrom.

Micaiah has the acclaim of being actively flawed, and while many find her unlikable, I happen to love her. Her disdain for Ike, her faith in Daein, and her journey as she becomes Daein's hero, falls from grace, and must fight for her homeland is all really interesting to me. I also really like her design, both as a character and a unit. Red suits her really well, and I love the idea of a mage lord (I don't even mind the slow speed, if her other stats were a bit better). 

My favor for Chrom is odd, as much of it is due to Warriors. I find his supports, especially his one for Robin humanizing, and I like that he is aware that he is not a great leader. While he is a good warrior and commander, he fails hard at political leadership, a trait (he feels) is better in Emmeryn; thus, he never believed he would have to rule. Also, his relationship with Robin is strong (better for M!Robin than female, but F!Robin has poorer supports overall) and I wish the games played their relationship up more. 

Special shout out to Ike, who would replace Chrom if Radiant Dawn didn't exist. That game does such a disservice to Ike; I get that his character arc finished with Path of Radiance, but why did they decide the best thing to do was to give him no character? Not only that, he takes part 3, which could have been a really interesting struggle between Micaiah, Sanaki, Elincia, and Skrimir into the Ike Show ft. Ranulf. Also, Part 4 makes him seem like blue Jesus, which is kind of lame; why does he have to kill Ashera (in gameplay, at least)? Just play the cutscene despite whoever gives the killing blow. 

My least favorite lord is probably Corrin, but it is less to do with what the character is, but what he could have been. They are a bundle of interesting ideas that are not used in the slightest. I mean, just think about it: a young royal, raised in a morally questionable nation believing they are part of that royal family, who is actually the royal of a different country, who is also a descendant of a dragon? They could have been one of the most interesting characters in Fire Emblem if done well, but ultimately became the mess they are known as now. 

Edited by The_Unabashed_Weeb

1 hour ago, redtutel said:

Since I genuinely love Corrin, I refuse to pick a least favorite.If it's not Corrin, it's going to anger somebody.

I don't think it'd necessarily anger anyone. Your opinion is your opinion, most people here will respect that. And not everyone brands Corrin as the worst, or if they do sometimes they lump them with others. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't think it'd necessarily anger anyone. Your opinion is your opinion, most people here will respect that. And not everyone brands Corrin as the worst, or if they do sometimes they lump them with others. 

Yeah, as much as I don't like Corrin, there are plenty of grievances people could have with damn near any lord. Any of them hitting the wrong nerve makes it pretty understandable to have people besides Corrin at the bottom of some peoples' lists. 

Even Leif I could see. As much as I love his flaws and his game's focus on him overcoming them, I could see somebody not liking that he makes so many mistakes, and that he is so emotional in many situations that really require a cool head. I like that Leif is generally severely punished for his behavior, when so many other lords get off with a slap on the wrist for big mistakes, but it's not for everyone. 

Similarly, if you like Corrin, go ahead. I don't think anybody will get upset, so long as you don't go overboard and say something like "Corrin's the best because all other lords suck.", since that's obviously just a statement that openly wants to flame bait.

Favorite: Definitely Alm. He's just that likable. He's friendly, funny, makes it a point to very gently turn Fay down and has good chemistry with whoever he talks to. As soon as he gets the double Lion skill he's also an invaluable unit. 

Hector is also up there because he stands out when compared to the other lords. Rather then being a mild mannered prettyboy he's a bulky axe user who's allowed to have negative traits. His reaction to Jaffar and Oswin shows Hector can be quite vengeful and the game doesn't judge him for it. They also have an interesting portrayal of his hotblooded lout archtype. Hector has the reputation but it seems more a case of himself and everyone else repeating it so long its considered true. When viewing his actions its Hector who is observant enough to spot a trap Eliwood doesn't and its Hector who informs the player of the politics in Elibe.

Least favorite: 

Can't be anyone else but Corrin. He has his good bits like being a nice guy and an amusing dork at times but just about every aspect of Corrin's writing is problematic. He's given importance by other characters he never earned, the writings insistence of Corrin never being in the wrong leads to characters being thrown under the buss or absurd scenarios and he isn't allowed to grow out of his flaws because the writing keeps insisting they aren't flaws despite it leading to Corrin repeatedly making bad decisions. 

While I don't dislike Chrom he kinda bores me which I sometimes consider to be worse. 
Chrom can be an amusing straight man stuck with a wacky cast but he's rarely much more than that. His arc of the warrior prince having to grow into a ruler was done better by Hector and to some extend Ike(if you replace ruler with leader) and he generally just fails to stand out. 

On 1/7/2018 at 2:30 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well I think it's implied she uses her foresight more than see ingame. She uses it liberally in Part 4, and sometimes in Part 1: 1-4, and 1-6. The rest of Part 1 doesn't directly invoke her prophetic powers, and Part 3 she is stripped of them. 3-6 is won only by virtue of the LA not expecting Daein at all to get involved. 3-7, well would the LA have won it even without Soren's distraction stratagem? It all depends how much stock you take in Ranulf's intel of the Daein Army being poorly armed. 3-12, we've expressed differing opinions of how the procession through Daein goes. You insist Ike engaged in active combat through it, while I interpret Sanaki's attempts for peaceful travel through the country to stand for the entirety of the LA-Sanaki's Loyalists-Crimean force, meaning Ike tried to avoid fighting and the whole General Maiel thing wasn't Ike seeking a battle, but rather Micaiah starting one and the LA engaging in self-defense. In your scenario, Micaiah pulling off 3-12 is more exceptional than in my scenario, since in yours Ike hasn't been holding back while in Daein, and in mine Sanaki's desire for the whole of the four nation army to avoid fighting Daein means everyone Ike included has their hands tied and can't take aggressive preventive measures against whatever Daein does. 

No matter how you spin it, I do applaud Micaiah for what she does do throughout the game. Her background is a fortune teller- what do they know about warfare? I hesitate to use that baleful word "prodigal" with her, more she learns expediently. Plus I think you could say that once she joins the Daein Army, Tauroneo and other invisible but properly trained military advisors back her up. But that is fine by me- since she's humble about her abilities and one-man high commands is perfectionism and that is bad. Plus I appreciate her P3 struggling.

But yeah, I would say Micaiah is the best of the females as a strategist (and she is the only one to lead a real army). Lyn has Mark to think for her (and on the male side, Chrom has Robin to think for him). Eirika- well she has the early pre-split chapters, but never does Eirika ever actually lead a true military force, only a handful of troops with Seth plastered to her side (not that Seth is comparable to Robin or Mark). Celica- similar situation to Eirika, and I don't know whether she is better or not, I'm guessing better. Forrin doesn't count because Forrin can be Morrin and hence Corrin is truly genderless and cannot be claimed for either the male or female camp.

Well sure as we don't see every single moment of her so that's a valid assumption. Though when debating, we go with concrete feats not speculation or else I can claim that there were many moments where she was a great tactician off panel. Utilizing an ability doesn't mean you're incompetent without it. For example, Ashnard and Black Knight in PoR use blessed armour but that doesn't mean without blessed armour, they are frail. Using a special asset doesn't mean you're necessarily sub-par without that asset.

As for chapter 3-6, Micaiah sets up an elaborate ambush considering how she's even able to conceal her army's smell with the wind currents and made use of the fog to conceal the visual presence. Clearly a great use of weather conditions to prepare an ambush. On top of that, she made great use of the river terrain as it hinders the side that crosses it. Using both weather and terrain effectively for an ambush is a well done strategy which is why both Lethe and Ranulf comment on its effectiveness. 

Kyza: Are we being pursued? I don't smell any beorc.

Ranulf: That's because the wind is blowing from the other side. Oh no... I have
    a bad feeling about this. Call a halt on the river crossing! Kyza, Lyre! Go
    tell everyone else. I'll make a run for the lead force and let them know! I
    just hope it's not too late! [runs]

Ranulf: We've just begun crossing the river. This fog worries me. I can't see
    the other side at all.
Spoiler

Lethe: Grr, I can't find an opening! If only I could find one weak point, we
    could break through!

Ranulf: These guys are really clever. They must have a veteran commander to use
    a strategy like this.

This is in spite of Micaiah not having any experience fighting Laguz, hence not having any balista or fire mages, and commanding a relatively weak army. So if you take into consideration these disadvantages, she's definitely a very skilled commander and tactician. 

Spoiler

Ranulf: ...Well, there weren't very many of them, but their morale was really
    up there. Their commander seemed very clever, as well.

Soren: It must be the Maiden of Dawn.

Ike: (turns to him) Who?

Soren: She was the hero of the recent Daein uprising. Micaiah is her name, if I
    recall correctly. Supposedly she has performed miracles and turned many
    losing battles into victories. An interesting figure.

Ranulf: Miracles? I'm finding that a bit hard to swallow. Are you sure about
    that?

Soren: Who knows? Personally, I doubt it. All I know is that the Daein army
    believes in her miracles, which makes her dangerous.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[cutscene – Micaiah looking up at the sky holding her tome to her chest with
    Sothe in fighting stance behind her, in front of Daein Keep]

Soren: This Maiden of Dawn is supposed to be the savior of Daein, whose
    miraculous powers freed their people from tyranny. In other words, her
    followers are fanatics who see her as a goddess. She will make a formidable
    enemy.

Ranulf: If we attack them head-on, the fighting won't stop until one side is
    decimated. There's got to be a way to avoid that, right?

Titania: What about a decoy force, like we've used in the past?

Tibarn: The decoy only worked because the enemy didn't expect it. I wouldn't
    count on the same strategy working twice.

Soren: Not necessarily. The empire assumes superiority over all other
    countries. Begnion is only using the Daein army as a pawn to stop us, and
    likely won't care if it is destroyed in the process. As such, the Daein
    army is most likely uninformed about our past tactics.

Ranulf: You might have a point there. I went scouting after the fog cleared,
    and their forces looked really unprepared to fight us. They had no
    ballistae, and they hadn't fielded many fire mages. It felt like they
    didn't know a thing about fighting laguz.

While Micaiah did get outwitted in chapter 3-7, she was up against Soren and didn't have any intel about the laguz alliance because Begnion didn't tell Daein about their previous tactics. 

Chapter 3-12 is even more exceptional in your scenario because if Ike didn't actively engage in hostilities, it would mean he intended to be more cautious so him getting deceived by a decoy force is even more impressive. Not only that, but it was done in such a way where the Apostle's Army was left completely vulnerable where the main force of the Daein army used its high ground, boulders and later oil to conduct a devastating ambush which even Soren ended up praising. He's the guy who is least likely to give praise and it can't be sarcasm either because that ambush was far from a failure. 

Spoiler

Micaiah vs Soren

Soren: Our last battle, in the valley. Was that your strategy?
Micaiah: …
Soren: That was impressive. You killed thousands of beorc soldiers with your little ambush. Well done.
Micaiah: I…
Soren: The Maiden of Dawn… What are you? One of the Branded, that’s for sure. But there is something else about you… Power. Yes, I can feel it in you. You possess great power.
Micaiah: Yes, and you would know. There’s something very different about you, too. Your energy feels so…ancient. You and I seem to have so much in common.
Soren: That doesn’t matter in the slightest. The only thing that does matter is that you are a dangerous adversary. You are also in Ike’s path, so it falls to me to remove you. It’s almost a shame. Farewell, Maiden of Dawn.
Micaiah: So, you fight for someone, as well. So very much alike… But I will defeat you. I will protect the ones I love!

Tauroneo and Sothe back her up but I'm not sure that generic generals would contribute much. Most generics are treated as stupid. 

15 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Well sure as we don't see every single moment of her so that's a valid assumption. Though when debating, we go with concrete feats not speculation or else I can claim that there were many moments where she was a great tactician off panel. Utilizing an ability doesn't mean you're incompetent without it. For example, Ashnard and Black Knight in PoR use blessed armour but that doesn't mean without blessed armour, they are frail. Using a special asset doesn't mean you're necessarily sub-par without that asset.

I did go back and count the number of specified instances of her use of clairvoyance for battle, which are admittedly fairly few in two out of three parts she appears in, strengthening your hand. Nor did I quite denounce her abilities as a a tactician. She makes 1-8 work out very well to name another instance.

Although 1-8 is her only commanding a small group, which is different from an entire army, which the latter being something she would likely need help with. Ike is the exact same way, he can manage his handful of mercenaries, although he never needs to think of strategy, not so much out of brainlessness as having always had Soren by his side. When Ike gets a full army, he does need Soren more than ever on the tactics front and him plus Titania on the minutiae of logistics and managing units and whatnot. Ike learns some on the job in PoR displaying competency in this regard, and Micaiah must obviously do the same in RD. 

I messed up with my original comment that started this back and forth, probably overemphasizing the miraculous power-heavy Chapter 6. Which is but one fight in RD, and even before I emphasized that, I knew in my mind she is powerless in Part 3 and thus everything there was accomplished on her own merit, with a debatable measure of other things like chance thrown in there.

15 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Tauroneo and Sothe back her up but I'm not sure that generic generals would contribute much. Most generics are treated as stupid. 

Mostly for the sake of making the named heroes look really exceptional. Why the whole point to 3-7 was to free Daein veterans in POW camps. Now to us, we know said veterans are useless compared to a big-boned girl in armor, but that is us as the player knowing this is a game. For Micaiah a character who doesn't know this, she might think she actually needs the help of Lieutenant General Sufolus and Scout Captain Petroni, to invent some names for these cannon fodder.

This is not to say Sufolus and Petroni are the men responsible for 3-6, nor is Tauroneo. Micaiah as the leader exercised the greatest power over how things went probably and thus she deserves the most credit for the successful battle. But isn't part of FE's theme "Victory isn't something one person accomplishes- everyone contributes in their own little way? ".

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although 1-8 is her only commanding a small group, which is different from an entire army, which the latter being something she would likely need help with. Ike is the exact same way, he can manage his handful of mercenaries, although he never needs to think of strategy, not so much out of brainlessness as having always had Soren by his side. When Ike gets a full army, he does need Soren more than ever on the tactics front and him plus Titania on the minutiae of logistics and managing units and whatnot. Ike learns some on the job in PoR displaying competency in this regard, and Micaiah must obviously do the same in RD. 

Mostly for the sake of making the named heroes look really exceptional. Why the whole point to 3-7 was to free Daein veterans in POW camps. Now to us, we know said veterans are useless compared to a big-boned girl in armor, but that is us as the player knowing this is a game. For Micaiah a character who doesn't know this, she might think she actually needs the help of Lieutenant General Sufolus and Scout Captain Petroni, to invent some names for these cannon fodder.

This is not to say Sufolus and Petroni are the men responsible for 3-6, nor is Tauroneo. Micaiah as the leader exercised the greatest power over how things went probably and thus she deserves the most credit for the successful battle. But isn't part of FE's theme "Victory isn't something one person accomplishes- everyone contributes in their own little way? ".

Well of course the Daein army has a chain of command, like all armies, with different responsibilities. I just finished watching Deltre's PoR LP and I think Ike's a pretty good tactician as well which is highlighted in base conversations with Daniel and Jorge. Him needing the help of Soren, Titannia, etc. makes him a realistic leader but in no way takes away from his leadership decisions and tactics. Soren may give a strategic overview but it is Ike who is doing the tactical maneuvering of units. It was Ike who suggested the plan of action in taking over that Crimean mountain and Soren agreed with the strategy. Also, both him and Elincia made preparations to take the capital city and Ike told Tibarn that the hawks need to be on anti-air duty to prevent Daein Wyvern riders escaping Melior.  

The same applies to other lords too. 

Favorite: Ike, more in PoR but in both really. 

Second fav: Ephraim. Even though he's talking crazy when we first use him (ya know, 4 guys against an army, possibly a country), is he really talking crazy? We first hear him talk about taking the fort and whatnot, but I guess it's not that hard when you're a level 4 unit with as much speed as a level 3 promote. Ephraim's base stats for his base level are seriously good, and he can honestly solo the chapter you get him. My only 2 problems with him: not enough weapons for him and caps are too low (cause his growths are great as well)

Hector is next bc he's Hector.

Least favorite: Micaiah takes the cake here seeing as how undesirable her stats are to me while you can level anyone in that game to a literal god. 

Second least fav: actually gonna go with Eliwood on this, just bc I think that Lyn is cooler w/ high SKL and SPD and Hector is insane. Eliwood has meh stats compared to the other two, and i just can't shake it. EDIT: Nvm I forgot Chrom, Eliwood is third last. :/

Edited by Trojan123

Favorite: Eliwood and Hector 

Least Favorite: Corrin

...just briefly imagine them swapping out into each other's games to truly appreciate the gap in quality between the two...

Hector: "What in blazes are you doing!?"

Hans: *butchers civilians* "You dare oppose me! You would disobey your King!?" *butchers more civilians*

Eliwood: "Hector...this can't..."

Hector: "I know. King's orders be damned--I'll take the heat." *kills Hans immediately*

Iago: "You--!"

Eliwood: "KNIGHTS OF NOHR; ARREST THIS MAN!!! YOUR HONOR  AS SWORN PROTECTORS OF THE REALM DEMANDS IT!" 

Xander: "..."

Eliwood: "Your duty as prince is to your people, no? You would allow this slaughter?"

Xander: "...go. I saw nothing."

Hector: *removes Wolf Beil from Hanz's corpse*  "Good man."

Mark: "No. We're not doing that."

Corrin: "This is the path we must follow. For peace."

Mark: "On a scale of one to let-Nergal-summon-all-his-dragons-and-burninate-the-countryside, how terrible is that idea?"

Pent: "Ill-advised."

Marcus: "I cannot condone this course of conduct."

Fargus: "What a mooncalf!"

Corrin: "How can I make you see!? This is the only way!"

Mark: "You have a divine dragon blade. Stab him."

Corrin: *cries* "m-m-my path is s-s-so hard!"

Mark: "I swear...I'm going to fucking kill this kid..."

Edited by Shoblongoo

My favourite lord is Marth. I don't think he's too bland at all and was the main lord if my very first FE game and the reason I got into fire emblem in the first place.

My least favourite lord is Ike. Specifically his Radiant Dawn incarnation. While his Path of Radiance version is fine, I still don't like him. His Radiant Dawn version however is awful. He gets way more spotlight than he should. He had an entire time to flesh himself out, and truth to be told, he didn't change much from PoR at all. At least Elincia had a decent change, in becoming queen, and dealing with those troubles. Also, Micaiah was a really interesting character that should have been treated better than she was. But i've come to find out that there are more lords I don;t like character wise than I do.

Favorite: Ike! <3 I find so much to love about him! Ephraim as honorable mention.

Least favorite: Lucina, though Micaiah and Chrom are right behind her there. I also generally don't care for any female lords (except MAYBE Celica, but I'm neutral on her if anything), but these three are my least favs for sure.

Favorite Lord: Lucina.

Definitely her. She is just the best lord because of how her entire life has been. While tragedy that forces people to move on to become heroes is one thing, Lucina was forced to bear the weight of the entire world on her shoulders when she was still a child. She was probably 7-10 years old when that happened at best. And for years afterwards, she has been in a battle where she was never going to win. This became ESPECIALLY clear when we have to remember that she never got the 5 Gemstones. The absolute pain and horrific realization that all the blood shed, all the tears spilled, all the pain that had been endured... ALL of it, was for naught... that was just too sad. Lucina had to rely on time travel for the sake of saving another world from Grima's clutches. She probably knew that changing the past had no bearing in saving their world, but she still wanted to spare at least one world from Grima's influence. And if she marries Robin, she ends u falling in love with the very man that both murders her father and becomes the monster that lays waste to her world. It's like the cruelest form of irony there is. Other favorite Lord after her is Marth, followed by Ike. 

Least Favorite Lord: Ephraim.

Though Corrin is bad, I attribute his to being a bad case of writing from the Fates' staff, that really tried too hard to ride on Awakening's popularity. But Ephraim just really screwed things over for me. Despite the possibility of being a good character, Ephraim has been introduced to being just perfect. He's the strongest warrior, and any form of reckless actions and moves ends up being perfectly executed, from seizing a castle with just three other soldiers, one of which was a traitor. And despite being in a trap, he escaped. Because Eirika was forced to always need saving and her naïveté landing her in trouble, she gets called out on it, while Ephriam is just awesome apparently. In my opinion, Ephraim never should have been a main protag at all, and the story should have been about Eirika completely. 

Favourite: It's between Marth and Leif. I find them both to be respectable lords who both go through a lot of hardships but as their journeys go on, they learn and grow and become better people in the end. Though Leif does edge Marth out a bit since my like for is mainly based on his SD incarnation. In the originals (FE1 and 3) he's pretty bland and in FE12, Kris ruins him and everything he had going for him in SD.

Least Favourite: Between Corrin and Ike. Corrin for pretty much every reason anyone has ever said. As for Ike, my main dislike for him comes from the over exposure of him in RD. He really didn't need to be as present in RD as he was, especially considering he barely developed since PoR. Though I do like Ike in PoR, however, RD has kind of brought my opinion of Ike down in general. However, as time has gone on, my opinion on both Corrin and Ike has improved a bit, but they are both still my least favourite lords.

My favorite lord? I’d have to say Leo, but if he doesn’t count, Lyn. HM to Hector, Eirika, and to a lesser extent Celica and Ike.

Leif is probably my least favorite as I never found him very interesting. I don’t care for Lucina and Alm either.

Edited by SilvertheShadow