Having a really hard time getting to play games

Junkhead

For a while now, I find myself procrastinating to simply start games, and let alone actually getting through them. It's not like it's a chore and forcing myself. I actually want to play games. And there's a whole bunch of them that I didn't even start. I actually have like 2-3 games that have been sealed for literally years.

There's usually like 1-2 games that I'm fully committed two, though they're usually constant and competitive in some shape or form (Smash and FE Heroes).

Pop in the disc and play.

Happens to me all the time. I STILL haven't beat Ultra Sun and I'm still on my way to the fire trial. Just like with Tales of Berseria. I love that game but haven't beat it yet. However, once I put the disc inside, I'm hooked and can't stop playing.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Pop in the disc and play.

Happens to me all the time. I STILL haven't beat Ultra Sun and I'm still on my way to the fire trial. Just like with Tales of Berseria. I love that game but haven't beat it yet. However, once I put the disc inside, I'm hooked and can't stop playing.

Maybe it's just that. Can't say I fully tried.

I'm kind of quirky when it comes to sticking to games, lately. I'm doing this weird thing of taking my computer (small and compact, for context) and hooking it on the living room and big screen, to see if that will do it. Nope.

I know this feeling. I've had it before with games, and I have it right now with anime.

My advice: just do whatever you feel like doing. If you don't feel like playing a game, don't. But the point here is to do something. As long as you're doing something, you can look back and at least know you didn't waste your time.

I always have a handful of games that are either unbeaten or still sealed. One day maybe you will pick it up and play or maybe just ask yourself when am i going to play this? and give it to a friend. I've done both anyway. Haha. But if you ever get the urge to play them, at least they're there. 

28 minutes ago, romchrom said:

I always have a handful of games that are either unbeaten or still sealed. One day maybe you will pick it up and play or maybe just ask yourself when am i going to play this? and give it to a friend. I've done both anyway. Haha. But if you ever get the urge to play them, at least they're there. 

Let's be friends. I'm totally not in it for the free games or anything.

In my years of experience playing games, I always tend to finish the game regardless of whether or not I like it. The only games that I don't finish that much or are least bothered with them are the ones from PC because to me...PC just doesn't feel that natural to play games even with a controller as PC's are built for multipurpose functions as well.

That being said, certain games like Star Fox 64 3D or for Pokemon games, I don't bother to 100% them because they are meant to be played when I'm being bored or that if I want to kill some time before getting a new game.

15 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Let's be friends. I'm totally not in it for the free games or anything.

Haha! I usually give them out as gifts for birthdays or whatever occasion. Unless I've opened them and wasn't really interested. In that case if you want Harvest Moon: A New Beginning I'm pretty disinterested in that one. Haha.

7 minutes ago, romchrom said:

Haha! I usually give them out as gifts for birthdays or whatever occasion. Unless I've opened them and wasn't really interested. In that case if you want Harvest Moon: A New Beginning I'm pretty disinterested in that one. Haha.

I'm not one to shy away from free stuff. I'll consider it a Christmas gift lol.

Instead of making a new thread, I might as well add to this since it relates. I was super interested in Golden Sun for some time now. Got it in the mail yesterday but never bothered to try it out. Finally put it in my GBA SP and got hooked for 2 hours until I got hungry and the food delivery guy showed up.

6 hours ago, Gemma said:

or, if you have unopened games, just sell em! Who says you have to play videogames anyways? If you're unmotivated, forget it and get a new hobby.

What if I want to play games as a hobby.

Like, I'm not saying to stop gaming. If you're feeling unmotivated, it's not really that big of a deal. Like, what's the point of forcing entertainment? Try something else to do~

Just now, Gemma said:

Like, I'm not saying to stop gaming. If you're feeling unmotivated, it's not really that big of a deal. Like, what's the point of forcing entertainment? Try something else to do~

I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to do something I don't want to. It hasn't ever really been too of a prevalent hobby besides Smash and Heroes (which are more borderline sport addiction).