Share your FEW stories!

romchrom

2 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

"This usually happens when I stop messing around."

Uh...  You don't get in the way of your allies when you stop messing around?  It's almost like she's implying that she acts like a child otherwise.  Which plants this picture in my head of baby Lyndis throwing shit at Robin, while Robin just has this look like he's done with her shit.  Robin's like, "Lyn, I have work to do," and Lyn's just like, "WAAAAA!  I want my Katti BAAAAACK!"

According to my brother, Robin's portrait looks like he doesn't want to be there.

Oh, and I recently got over 4000 KOs with not Lyn so it's very much possible. Good luck doing it with Corrin though. I did really well with Ceada once too.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

According to my brother, Robin's portrait looks like he doesn't want to be there.

To be fair, he does seem to be dragged into things often.

He's dragged into custody by Frederick.

Dragged into battle with ruffians.

Dragged into three wars, two of them with the same nation.

Spoiler

Dragged into almost killing a close friend and dooming the human race by his supposed father who has mild mind-control powers over him.

And in this game, dragged into a world he doesn't even know and made to fight his way out.

If I was Robin, I probably wouldn't look like I want to be there either.

I am fairly certain I could probably break 4000 KOs with a character other than Lyn.  I could definitely do so with the 'Boro simply because she's Blender 'Boro and has had her Sanctuary Crest activated, but I haven't bothered yet.  It was more just me wondering if Lyn was particularly proficient at crowd clearing or if I just played a really easy Timed Onslaught, because obviously some units aren't all that great at clearing crowds.

I remember moving away from Frederick for the final battle vs the dragon (I forgot its name, ugh) and trying to use Lianna to beat it, but she kept getting low on health, so when the dragon just had a tiny bit left, Frederick wound up dealing the final blow anyway because I was like screw it, I'm just gonna finish this now instead of leaving Lianna in a fort for awhile (to heal up). lol

I wasn't even trying to that time, and Frederick still beat the boss. XD That's what's funny about this. I grabbed him because he, of course, was my highest leveled and strongest character. And Lianna was the only one doing any real damage to him due to her weapon. It just happened that the dragon had so little HP left that one more hit from someone else was enough.

23 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

To be fair, he does seem to be dragged into things often.

He's dragged into custody by Frederick.

Dragged into battle with ruffians.

Dragged into three wars, two of them with the same nation.

Reveal hidden contents

Dragged into almost killing a close friend and dooming the human race by his supposed father who has mild mind-control powers over him.

And in this game, dragged into a world he doesn't even know and made to fight his way out.

If I was Robin, I probably wouldn't look like I want to be there either.

I am fairly certain I could probably break 4000 KOs with a character other than Lyn.  I could definitely do so with the 'Boro simply because she's Blender 'Boro and has had her Sanctuary Crest activated, but I haven't bothered yet.  It was more just me wondering if Lyn was particularly proficient at crowd clearing or if I just played a really easy Timed Onslaught, because obviously some units aren't all that great at clearing crowds.

To be fair, he volunteered to fight the ruffians. Then again, most of them don't look too enthused in their portraits. I find it ironic that Lucina's of all people is actually one of the happier default expressions.

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Haha, I swear there are times when an ally who was paired up the whole time gets MVP.  Like this one time I had Ryoma paired with Oboro just so I could get Astra, and everyone played about average, but Ryoma did not actually see the battlefield at all yet he made MVP.  I'd almost even be inclined to say he was an NPC ally, but I don't think NPC allies can become MVPs.

And on classic, I do like how it punishes you, but not too much.  For the length of the story, you can't let the twin you selected as the protagonist die, but after that it's all fair game.  Units aren't technically lost forever, but as I mentioned before, you have to pay a nice fortune (about 300,000 G) to get them back.  There has been the occasional time I've lost someone and reset, but as of today the only people I really did lose were the ones I mentioned.

Oddly enough, that mission also had me bring two NPC allies, who I'm pretty sure I designated as Lissa and Rowan, and neither of them died.  In fact, Lissa was tasked with defending the base, and she basically was my MVP due to surviving that insane onslaught and healing the knuckleheads who are supposed to be defending the base.  And since then, Chrom lost the privilege to call her "delicate".

Ryoma sounded like he deserved that MVP as much as Robin did. Haha. Guys, you can't sit back and watch your ally fight and also end up getting mvp. There's something wrong there. That's to funny though.. and the little comment at the end is just the cherry on the cake, really rubbing it into the wounds. Haha.

I would like to see Chrom call Lissa delicate after that. She really would show him who was delicate if he did and then he would never hear the end of it with the shepherds. Lissa is pretty handy in that game though. She kicks butt and she is also a healer. I use her quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I remember moving away from Frederick for the final battle vs the dragon (I forgot its name, ugh) and trying to use Lianna to beat it, but she kept getting low on health, so when the dragon just had a tiny bit left, Frederick wound up dealing the final blow anyway because I was like screw it, I'm just gonna finish this now instead of leaving Lianna in a fort for awhile (to heal up). lol

I wasn't even trying to that time, and Frederick still beat the boss. XD That's what's funny about this. I grabbed him because he, of course, was my highest leveled and strongest character. And Lianna was the only one doing any real damage to him due to her weapon. It just happened that the dragon had so little HP left that one more hit from someone else was enough.

All he did was give 110%

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Haha, I think I see what you did there. lol (110% is his HP growth in Awakening) Indeed!

Is it really? I didn't know that actually! Haha, I was just quoting his MVP quote. It doesn't surprise me that Frederick slayed a dragon though. With a little help from Liana.. He's always been pretty tough. I remember the one time in awakening he fell. I learned to keep that boy far from mages.

Also sorry about the double post guys. 

Just now, romchrom said:

Is it really? I didn't know that actually! Haha, I was just quoting his MVP quote. It doesn't surprise me that Frederick slayed a dragon though. With a little help from Liana.. He's always been pretty tough. I remember the one time in awakening he fell. I learned to keep that boy far from mages.

Also sorry about the double post guys. 

Oh yeah, that is his MVP quote too. I forgot. XD He must be referencing his HP growth himself as well. lol Yeah, Frederick always has bad res, it's his only real weakness. I could still kill mages with him just fine since I did the easiest difficulty and overleveled him lol but I imagine it'd be pretty hard to do that on higher difficulties.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, that is his MVP quote too. I forgot. XD He must be referencing his HP growth himself as well. lol Yeah, Frederick always has bad res, it's his only real weakness. I could still kill mages with him just fine since I did the easiest difficulty and overleveled him lol but I imagine it'd be pretty hard to do that on higher difficulties.

I didn't know that was a little nod to his growth rate. That's kind of neat! And I usually play on easier difficulties. Haha. No classic modes either-- I feel like I would end up with a one man army. Haha. 

1 minute ago, romchrom said:

I didn't know that was a little nod to his growth rate. That's kind of neat! And I usually play on easier difficulties. Haha. No classic modes either-- I feel like I would end up with a one man army. Haha. 

Yeah, and I feel like classic mode wouldn't work as well in a Warriors game like this as it does in FE. It'd be too hard to make sure your ally characters don't get themselves killed. Even in easy mode, I lost them a couple times. This is why I did casual for this game.

Well like most people here that devil Cordi was a pain in the neck for me. "Everyone so far is almost in their twenties and the enemy is only level 7. We got this in the bag!" Thirty minutes tackling a promoted peg knight using potions isn't exactly fun. I was too petty and stubborn to give up so in the end I ended up with wrist pain and finger cramps(They exist and can be just as bad as toe cramps).

The only time I lost a unit was Lucina and that's because she went all the way to solo Takumi and I completely forgot about her until she died. I still forgot about her until the final map when I decided to revive her. After I revived her, her mini sprite and Masked Marth costume kept tripping me up, poor Caeda had to fight with her descendant instead of her beloved several times.

Finally beating that bows only map in Elibe with S rank was such an accomplishment. I tried so many times only to miss the time margin by a few seconds but once I got Astra on Takumi with Brave bow it was a piece of cake( I did it so many times that the most efficient route was ingrained into my soul). 

Edited by ChickenBits

A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Here's my story:

NVtiq1G.jpg

I'm still not quite 100% on the DLC (gotta get someone to lv 110 and want to get all of Azura's, Oboro's, and Niles' A supports), but this feels pretty good.

Incidentally, I got my final two badges, Super Friend (A rank with everyone) and The Three Pegasus Sisters (Triangle attack) on the same map. My only remaining supports were Lucina/Xander and Lucina/Leo, so I brought the three of them along with the pegasi and finished it all up in one go.

11 hours ago, romchrom said:

You guys all have great stories, this thread has me laughing! So has this happened to any of you? I was in a timed onslaught and using Chrom and Robin paired up, Chrom was the character I was using and killed nearly 3000 foes and the only time I used Robin was in the team-up attack which I used against the heroes. Chrom got his cutscene at the end but when it came to MVP it ended up Robin got it and he even topped it off with It's nice to be recognized. Robin just stole Chrom's spotlight. Haha.

Also I am glad more people with me had trouble trickling down Cordelia's health. If you go in there with the wrong weapon or bowless, you very much regret it. And Kudos to you people going through the game on classic. If I did that I would only have Robin and Takumi left. Haha!

First time that happened to me was with Chrom and Marth.  I was support grinding with them, and since Chrom's my all-time favorite, I had him be the vanguard while Marth is in pair-up.  I switched only a few time to see what they had to say during the Dual Specials, but somehow Marth was the MVP!  I know another time I was mostly playing as Azura and assumed that she'll be the MVP, when lo and behold it ended up being Celica, who I haven't touched during the whole map!  Guess she did a swell job of defending the base.  I do know that experience does get leaked to the support character during pair-ups (which is probably a great way to level up drastically underleveled characters).

I think the MVP is calculated on the relative experience they gained while on the map (I initially assumed it was KOs, which doesn't appear to be the case), as I notice Marth seems to get it easily probably thanks to his Paragon.  However I CAN confirm that characters at max level can still be the MVP; I actually went out of my way to test this with Chrom when he reached level 99 before the cap expanded.

Edited by Fastesthe1

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, that is his MVP quote too. I forgot. XD He must be referencing his HP growth himself as well. lol Yeah, Frederick always has bad res, it's his only real weakness.

He also gains close to 110 HP on promotion: https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Frederick_(Warriors)

Incidentally, a mage is what killed Frederick in my Anna run; one of the female Robin shadows that show up eventually just demolished his HP.  It was a shame because for a good while on that map, I was using some of his combos to cheese enemy captains and commanders.

I had to rely on Cordelia, and while there weren't many archers on the map, I was still... shaky on using her.  Mostly because her health had been brought down very low by a mage on that map before (that's just what you get when you fight battles with enemies that are 40 levels higher than you), and I still didn't have too solid a grasp on her moveset.

I think the one thing that saved me with playing FEW on Classic is that I was constantly micromanaging all the units, constantly giving them orders and constantly switching to them if their health went down to dangerous levels.  I'd say at least 10% of my time playing this game was spent in the map screen, issuing orders.  Bringing healers also helps tremendously, though healing items are a decent substitute.

Also learned some stuff about that menu, which I probably should put in the "New Player Tips and Tricks Thread".  Stuff that some don't immediately pick up on, such as the fact that if you can actually order an ally to pair up with someone else by using the X-button after you drag the cursor to their pair up partner, or that you can order healers to heal specific units (which is very useful if you just want NPC allies to handle healing).  I mean, technically they tell you all about this, but I know lots of people glossed over that stuff.

17 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

He also gains close to 110 HP on promotion: https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Frederick_(Warriors)

Incidentally, a mage is what killed Frederick in my Anna run; one of the female Robin shadows that show up eventually just demolished his HP.  It was a shame because for a good while on that map, I was using some of his combos to cheese enemy captains and commanders.

I had to rely on Cordelia, and while there weren't many archers on the map, I was still... shaky on using her.  Mostly because her health had been brought down very low by a mage on that map before (that's just what you get when you fight battles with enemies that are 40 levels higher than you), and I still didn't have too solid a grasp on her moveset.

Oh wow, nice. XD

Aw, bummer. But 40 levels higher? Maybe you should've waited until your guys were higher level. xP

21 hours ago, Florete said:

A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Here's my story:

NVtiq1G.jpg

I'm still not quite 100% on the DLC (gotta get someone to lv 110 and want to get all of Azura's, Oboro's, and Niles' A supports), but this feels pretty good.

Incidentally, I got my final two badges, Super Friend (A rank with everyone) and The Three Pegasus Sisters (Triangle attack) on the same map. My only remaining supports were Lucina/Xander and Lucina/Leo, so I brought the three of them along with the pegasi and finished it all up in one go.

That's impressive, my friend! Congrats!!

Something funny that happened to me during a replay of Ryoma's history map to farm his materials:
Ryoma walked from his fort directly into Lianna's dual special (I believe either Elise or Leo was paired up with her at the time) and died instantly, ending the map right then and there. At first, I thought something was wrong because I couldn't attack anymore and there were no more enemies left. It took me until the victory screen to realize what had happened. I sat there and laughed for the better part of five minutes.

Another one was on another History Mode map where I was fighting Oboro as Lissa. Right when I was about to deal the finishing blow, out of nowhere Frederick came running in and ran Oboro over, defeating her. I was like "you gosh-darned kill stealer!" and I imagined Lissa chewing him out for that after the fight was done.

Another one happened during one of those chaotic Shadow Eliminations. I was struggling to keep the shadows away from my base when suddenly, I lost sight of Shiida on the map and thought "did she die or something?". But that couldn't be. Her portrait was still there and her HP was almost full, but try as I might, I didn't find her on the map. I couldn't look too closely, either, because - duh- shadows in the base and I don't like to pause during stressful combat situations, because it interrupts the flow.
A short while later, the map ends and I see Shiida's icon in the enemy base. She literally beat the map without me knowing about it.

And then there's of course Sakura's cute and innocent "I hope nobody got hurt" that just melts your heart... except she herself hurt / killed close to 2,500 people not seconds earlier... (for the record, I know this line is directed at her allies more than the enemy. It's still funny nonetheless.)

Edited by DragonFlames