Jump to content
romchrom

Share your FEW stories!

Recommended Posts

Share your favorite or just some memorable runs you had in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Like, yesterday I was stuck in Arena fighting Cordelia for 20 mins. It was my fault for not switching my weapons but it was still.. ugh. All I could hear was the Benny Hill tune play in my head as Robin and Frederick tried their best to take her down. Her health kept regenerating as much damage they dealt.. it was pretty frustrating after a while. Haha.

Takumi was probably laughing away somewhere because he would have dealt with her in one hit.

Tell you your stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, romchrom said:

Like, yesterday I was stuck in Arena fighting Cordelia for 20 mins.

I hated that level. I was stuck there with Lucina and Lissa dealing with Cordelia, and I didn't realize until after Lucina died that I could have used a bow user. The failed Lucina/Lissa run took around 20 minutes or so.

I haven't played too much of the game as I've only had it for a couple weeks as of this post, but it's so satisfying running around stomping wyvern riders into the ground with a Falchion user.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, romchrom said:

Share your favorite or just some memorable runs you had in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Like, yesterday I was stuck in Arena fighting Cordelia for 20 mins. It was my fault for not switching my weapons but it was still.. ugh. All I could hear was the Benny Hill tune play in my head as Robin and Frederick tried their best to take her down. Her health kept regenerating as much damage they dealt.. it was pretty frustrating after a while. Haha.

Takumi was probably laughing away somewhere because he would have dealt with her in one hit.

Tell you your stories.

Wait, is that the Arena match in the Awakening History Mode? If so, that was the very first problem I went through as well. My god Cordelia was ridiculous. I then brought in Takumi after retrying and decimated her. 

So yes, Takumi was laughing at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More people than I thought got stuck on that goddamn Arena in Invisible Ties...  Incidentally, I think I was using Oboro and Cordelia at the time.  But because Oboro is an uber duelist, I was able to whittle down fake!Cordelia's health to zero in spite of healing BS, me being ten-or-so levels below her level, and using crummy weaponry.  Regardless, I definitely see this fight being Benny Hill worthy.

And I know I've recounted my tale where I tried to take on an Anna mission with a bunch of level 40's.  Well, to be more precise I was using three level 40's (Frederick, Lucina, and Cordelia) who were all promoted as well as an unpromoted level 20 Chrom even though I'm pretty sure I had a promoted Robin at the time.  I was doing decent, playing relatively defensively, when suddenly Lucina and Chrom both died consecutively since they were paired up.  So for the remainder, I was killing both the Robin and Anna clones with Frederick... and then he died, so I had to use Cordelia.  With both of those characters, I remember cheesing the captains and bosses so hard by pushing them into a corner and spamming their strong 4's and 5's.  I wound up winning, but I lost 900,000 gold because I'm a sucker.

I also remember the only time I got over 4000 kills in a Timed Onslaught... and it wasn't with the 'Boro or Camilla or anyone like that...  It was with friggin' Lyn.  It was that moment that pretty much solidified her as a "main".  It may have been an easy Onslaught or whatever, but I just had so much fun using the Lady of Caelin.

Other times aren't as noteworthy, but I'll briefly share them.  Times that left me in a giggle fit included using Elise's Musou special (just her horse jumping around in the air; it's so frickin' silly), Takumi's "How dumb are you?" moment, and Xander telling me that I'm no one and then consequently getting his ass wrecked by a lancer wielding a horse-slaying weapon.  For someone who acquired great power from the mystical "Rainbow Sage", he sure goes down pretty easy with just weapons that have common properties.

Also, I can't tell you how many times the 'Boro has been stripped down to her fashionable undergarments.  Sometimes she doesn't even actually get hurt at all; she's just blown back, and her clothes explode.  It's also silly because when she's like that, her victory scene is still the same, so it's like... she's brushing dirt off her bare legs and complaining about getting "it" dirty again.  It's like girl, you need to take a shower... or a warm bath... with Takumi...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Also, I can't tell you how many times the 'Boro has been stripped down to her fashionable undergarments.  Sometimes she doesn't even actually get hurt at all; she's just blown back, and her clothes explode.  It's also silly because when she's like that, her victory scene is still the same, so it's like... she's brushing dirt off her bare legs and complaining about getting "it" dirty again.  It's like girl, you need to take a shower... or a warm bath... with Takumi...

Do the endings use the broken Armor? I've finished levels with Corrin, Sakura, and Azura, all of whom had their armor busted at the time, and none of their victory scenes changed so I didn't even know they could. With Corrin and Azura I could see it being me using costumes as I had Corrin as Hoshido Noble(Female) and Azura as Dark Songstress, neither of which are their victory scene garb, but Sakura was in just her normal Shrine Maiden gear and should have shown the change, right? Or is it just the Switch version that does that?
Also bet you envied the dirt for being that close.

As for the abovementioned Arena, I busted the whole thing easy because I was training Sakura at the time I reached the level and naturally brought her for EXP.
My personal favorite story was the time I ran one of the eight-deployables missions, had seven Units sit and guard the Allied Base, and ran around and did the entire mission using only Sakura because Astra+Trample+Lethality+Luna makes for lots of fun. Obviously not as impressive as the rest of you guys, but it was silly and funny all the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, romchrom said:

Share your favorite or just some memorable runs you had in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Like, yesterday I was stuck in Arena fighting Cordelia for 20 mins. It was my fault for not switching my weapons but it was still.. ugh. All I could hear was the Benny Hill tune play in my head as Robin and Frederick tried their best to take her down. Her health kept regenerating as much damage they dealt.. it was pretty frustrating after a while. Haha.

Takumi was probably laughing away somewhere because he would have dealt with her in one hit.

Tell you your stories.

Hmm, I don't remember having difficulty on that arena.  Probably because I primarily use Chrom and Robin during arena matches (although I switch out Robin for Azura after the DLC release), and Robin is usually carrying a tome with Wingslayer on it.

However I do remember being on the OTHER end of Takumi's bow: I was doing the In The White Light on the Fates history mode map, playing as Camilla and trying to take out all the enemies in my base except Ryoma (thus why Camilla, because of weapons triangle disadvantage; probably not the best planning).  I think I was trying to get Anna to show up while keeping the base from falling.  I was wary of Takumi, but he got a hit in and killed Camilla in one shot!  My reaction was pretty much "wow, the bows are no joke!" and I restarted the map.

One of my favorite moments was how proud I was when I S-Ranked my first Anna map, Invisible Ties.  Chrom, my best unit, had just reached level 80, with the other used characters being somewhere in the 60-70's range.  The first time I did that map I got an A simply because I took almost half-an-hour.  After a few runs, I memorized where the targets spawn and came up with an elaborate plan:  I had Chrom paired with Robin, Lucina with Cordelia, with Lissa and Lianna back in the base in case it needed defending or the ally Chrom needed healing.  What I did was while I was playing as one pair-up team, I would command the other to head to the next target so I can switch between them and get all the targets back-to-back.  It was nerve-wracking but extremely fun!  That S-Rank was a moment of "think smarter, not harder" and of true Fire Emblem strategy. :)

Edited by Fastesthe1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The moments when wrecking during an arena.

"Robin is using lightning!"

He's dead.

"Quickly defeat Robin to stop the lightning!"

He's dead!

Characters says their "I've gotta do something" line

Been dead for a while now.

"Robin's been defeated!"

Oh hey, you finally caught up!  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also bet you envied the dirt for being that close.

Yeah, but did the dirt have consent from the 'Boro to be that close?  Adore her as I may, there are boundaries that always take precedent.

Remember kids: consent is sexy.
Also to answer your question, every time Oboro was the last selected character in the mission and she had her armor broken, her victory scene always had her in her broken armor.  And I know that this screenshot from the site:

Spoiler

U7G12Lg.jpg

 

is from Camilla's victory scene.  So I guess broken armor victory scenes are just something that's only available on the Switch version?

35 minutes ago, CmdrQuartz said:

The moments when wrecking during an arena.

"Robin is using lightning!"

He's dead.

"Quickly defeat Robin to stop the lightning!"

He's dead!

Characters says their "I've gotta do something" line

Been dead for a while now.

"Robin's been defeated!"

Oh hey, you finally caught up!  lol

That was basically how one of the arenas went for me.  It was one where I had to defeat all the Fates royals, and I was, again, using a horse-slaying (and wyrm-slaying) lance.  Every battle with the Nohrians was like this because all of them besides Owain and Niles are mounted units.  It's times like those I just spin the analogue stick around really fast in a circle to make a spinny 'Boro (or whoever else I'm playing).  Just for giggles.

You know, I bet if you took every single instance I did that stupid spinning shit, put it all into a video, and slapped Dead or Alive's hit track "You Spin (Me Right Round)" over it, you'd have a hit YTP music video sensation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shout out to random marth when im doing a high level timed onslaught and im playing camilla.
goodness did he give me a run for my money with that effective damage he was dishing out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

And I know I've recounted my tale where I tried to take on an Anna mission with a bunch of level 40's.  Well, to be more precise I was using three level 40's (Frederick, Lucina, and Cordelia) who were all promoted as well as an unpromoted level 20 Chrom even though I'm pretty sure I had a promoted Robin at the time.  I was doing decent, playing relatively defensively, when suddenly Lucina and Chrom both died consecutively since they were paired up.  So for the remainder, I was killing both the Robin and Anna clones with Frederick... and then he died, so I had to use Cordelia.  With both of those characters, I remember cheesing the captains and bosses so hard by pushing them into a corner and spamming their strong 4's and 5's.  I wound up winning, but I lost 900,000 gold because I'm a sucker.

It's funny, I've seen you tell this story a couple times and I'm always reminded of the first time I did that mission. My characters were also in their 40's with an unpromoted Chrom and I had left Cordelia to guard the base. After, like, 30 minutes into the map I hadn't noticed archers getting into the base and killing Cordelia. It was only the second time I had ever lost someone and there was no way I was restarting. She ended up the only one I lost during that map, so I find it funny that she was the only one who survived for you.

Takumi was the first and only other unit I have lost. It was during a bows only mission. Still not sure when I'll bring him back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, in all my time playing the game, I havent lost a character yet, but came so close during one of the arena battles with a big dragon, It was very scary to have a favourite character of mine nearly die right there at the end. saddly I had to redo that mission from to much damage taken, but then I owned it the second time with very little trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only weird story I remember is when I started grinding mercenary head pieces. In my first three runs, I could only earn two each time. This had me really confused since the map I was playing had 80% mercenary captains, and I even posted in the Questions thread about what I might be doing wrong. It ended up just being a freaky bad luck streak, and I was earning almost a dozen each run after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arenas are so funy for me, because I always use a tag team of Takumi and TopsyTurvy!Sakura. They deal with everything no problem. 

A desperate experience for me was S-ranking the final mission for the Gaiden map. There were still shadows attacking my base while I was desperately whittling away at the dragon. Lissa, my onyl healer, ended up dying towards the end (playing on casual luckily), so i thought I was done for since my base was about to fall. But somehow I managed to beat the damned lizard at the last second and even got an S-rank of it. What a relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the Camilla map in story mode, I lost Cordelia to archers (first and only character death). ...Map ended up taking me nearly 20 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nanima said:

Arenas are so funy for me, because I always use a tag team of Takumi and TopsyTurvy!Sakura. They deal with everything no problem. 

 

Yes, Archers break the arena. I usually have only one archer at a time though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, in the story map against Leo I did lose Camilla because she just had to go fight Leo while I wasn't looking. When I noticed what she was doing and switched to her to make a hasty retreat...she died. I reset.

15 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I remember Chrom glitching so his cape was stuck in his hair.

Seems to happen only with him oddly enough. Maybe he should starch his like Marth's.

14 hours ago, CmdrQuartz said:

The moments when wrecking during an arena.

"Robin is using lightning!"

He's dead.

"Quickly defeat Robin to stop the lightning!"

He's dead!

Characters says their "I've gotta do something" line

Been dead for a while now.

"Robin's been defeated!"

Oh hey, you finally caught up!  lol

Arena's can turn into just waiting on the arena to catch up and I don't like it.

13 hours ago, CmdrQuartz said:

during those in between moments I'll also exercise the jiggle physics if applicable. Like if I do something stupid and break Azura's armor, or I'm playing Lyn.

Fun fact, Lyn's promoted outfit cuts down on the jiggle physics for...reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys all have great stories, this thread has me laughing! So has this happened to any of you? I was in a timed onslaught and using Chrom and Robin paired up, Chrom was the character I was using and killed nearly 3000 foes and the only time I used Robin was in the team-up attack which I used against the heroes. Chrom got his cutscene at the end but when it came to MVP it ended up Robin got it and he even topped it off with It's nice to be recognized. Robin just stole Chrom's spotlight. Haha.

Also I am glad more people with me had trouble trickling down Cordelia's health. If you go in there with the wrong weapon or bowless, you very much regret it. And Kudos to you people going through the game on classic. If I did that I would only have Robin and Takumi left. Haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A memorable moment for me was doing the Anna mission on Invisible Ties with a team of Lv.55 units with silver weapons (I tried with Lv.40 units equipped with steel weapons but I was doing little to no damage so I gave up on it). I remember fighting Anna with Chrom and I somehow managed to juggle her all the way over to the top left corner of the map by doing Chrom's Strong 5 repeatedly and trapped her there. I also remember thinking the mission was over after defeating Validar but then I had to send Cordelia back to defend the base from Robin's clones because no one was there defending it and then being surprised again by having to back to Validar's base and deal with the real Robin because I didn't realize at the time that the Anna missions were a recreation of the whole history map its based on.

I also find it funny that during a cut in for Chrom's warrior specials his cape ends up covering his face or when moving around as Elise her hair gets all curled up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, romchrom said:

You guys all have great stories, this thread has me laughing! So has this happened to any of you? I was in a timed onslaught and using Chrom and Robin paired up, Chrom was the character I was using and killed nearly 3000 foes and the only time I used Robin was in the team-up attack which I used against the heroes. Chrom got his cutscene at the end but when it came to MVP it ended up Robin got it and he even topped it off with It's nice to be recognized. Robin just stole Chrom's spotlight. Haha.

Also I am glad more people with me had trouble trickling down Cordelia's health. If you go in there with the wrong weapon or bowless, you very much regret it. And Kudos to you people going through the game on classic. If I did that I would only have Robin and Takumi left. Haha!

Chrom: I guess I'll get my chance... another day...

Sorry had to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, romchrom said:

I was in a timed onslaught and using Chrom and Robin paired up, Chrom was the character I was using and killed nearly 3000 foes and the only time I used Robin was in the team-up attack which I used against the heroes. Chrom got his cutscene at the end but when it came to MVP it ended up Robin got it and he even topped it off with It's nice to be recognized. Robin just stole Chrom's spotlight. Haha.

Also I am glad more people with me had trouble trickling down Cordelia's health. If you go in there with the wrong weapon or bowless, you very much regret it. And Kudos to you people going through the game on classic. If I did that I would only have Robin and Takumi left. Haha!

Haha, I swear there are times when an ally who was paired up the whole time gets MVP.  Like this one time I had Ryoma paired with Oboro just so I could get Astra, and everyone played about average, but Ryoma did not actually see the battlefield at all yet he made MVP.  I'd almost even be inclined to say he was an NPC ally, but I don't think NPC allies can become MVPs.

And on classic, I do like how it punishes you, but not too much.  For the length of the story, you can't let the twin you selected as the protagonist die, but after that it's all fair game.  Units aren't technically lost forever, but as I mentioned before, you have to pay a nice fortune (about 300,000 G) to get them back.  There has been the occasional time I've lost someone and reset, but as of today the only people I really did lose were the ones I mentioned.

Oddly enough, that mission also had me bring two NPC allies, who I'm pretty sure I designated as Lissa and Rowan, and neither of them died.  In fact, Lissa was tasked with defending the base, and she basically was my MVP due to surviving that insane onslaught and healing the knuckleheads who are supposed to be defending the base.  And since then, Chrom lost the privilege to call her "delicate".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Haha, I swear there are times when an ally who was paired up the whole time gets MVP.  Like this one time I had Ryoma paired with Oboro just so I could get Astra, and everyone played about average, but Ryoma did not actually see the battlefield at all yet he made MVP.  I'd almost even be inclined to say he was an NPC ally, but I don't think NPC allies can become MVPs.

Had that happen with Lyn at least once. She was all full of herself about barely doing anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Had that happen with Lyn at least once. She was all full of herself about barely doing anything.

"This usually happens when I stop messing around."

Uh...  You don't get in the way of your allies when you stop messing around?  It's almost like she's implying that she acts like a child otherwise.  Which plants this picture in my head of baby Lyndis throwing shit at Robin, while Robin just has this look like he's done with her shit.  Robin's like, "Lyn, I have work to do," and Lyn's just like, "WAAAAA!  I want my Katti BAAAAACK!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen it numerous times. I'd have to guess it has something to do with having done a Dualguard or two that the game deemed worthy. Either that or because the only other character was already max level and couldn't get more experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...