Thoughts on some units..

I'm already playing through SS, but there are some units that I'm not sure how good they are. I'm sure they're good but..how good are they?

I heard Franz is top 5 units in the game, as well as Vanessa and Tana being some of the most useful. I also heard Saleh and Duessel are really good pre-promotes. I also think Myrrh's like a Late Seth, who can essentially kill any monster almost as soon as you get her. But I heard she's not as good as the some of the other units I mentioned.

I wanna know how good these units are. Thoughts? 

Edited by Corncake

Vanessa is second only to Seth in viability and people who say otherwise are delusional. Amazing availability, solid base stats, good growth rates, best class in the game, best movement type in the game in the second best class in the game, it goes on and on. She's good.

Franz is just Seth but unpromoted. Great unit.

Duessel is okay. It depends on the route. In Eirika's route he's sort of redundant since he joins at a point where you don't need tanky units anymore and he doesn't reliably double without some speedwing investment.

Saleh's really good on Eirika's route but he's awful on Ephraim's route. He has better availability on the former and can raise his staff rank a lot, plus his combat's really good.

Tana is middle-of-the-road as a unit. She's just okay, but Vanessa is usually promoted by the time she joins and is helping Seth practically solo the game.

Myrrh is okay. She can kill some monsters and bosses but by the time she joins you have many units that can already do this. But she's far from bad, other than her late join time hurting her a little.

I really appreciate the advice, especially on Myrrh. I guess it's not about not having a good unit with no investment, but having a good unit as they "invest" throughout the chapters, like Franz. It's not about the end game but the "all-game".

I also get Now that three times damage matters less than, "can they kill the monster or not?"

Franz is mini-seth? I heard of that, but I just put a shit ton of Bishops on my team; and I didn't enough room for him...I'm probably gonna meme'd for saying that *sigh*

I don't question your claim on Saleh and Duessel, I've just never used them. But I'm confident they're good, they should be

Vanessa, I'm sure she's good but I think her growths are still great, but not..phenomenal? I think Seth's growths ARE phenominal I don't see 45 plus for every growth. (Daddy Seth)

Edited by Corncake