Nintendo Direct Mini 2018-01-11

Thane

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's a character from his own game though. I forget his name. But definitely not an FE reference.

Well aware. However, as far as I know, he's not on fire in his game. I could be wrong though, I know nothing about it.

However, why else would they post it? I believe this is deliberate teasing.

Edit: more tweets:

Everything seems to do with fire or hotness (hot dog).

Someone joked this was a trick to get people hyped for Cooking Mama, pls no.

Edited by Thane

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well aware. However, as far as I know, he's not on fire in his game. I could be wrong though, I know nothing about it.

However, why else would they post it? I believe this is deliberate teasing.

Edit: more tweets:

Everything seems to do with fire or hotness (hot dog).

Could just be for fun and silliness. Those two new tweets you posted are also related to food and cooking, so this could just as easily be referring to some kind of cooking game (maybe Cooking Mama). I still expect FE Switch to appear in the Direct, but I wouldn't bank on these tweets being references to it.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Could just be for fun and silliness. Those two new tweets you posted are also related to food and cooking, so this could just as easily be referring to some kind of cooking game (maybe Cooking Mama).

Yeah I wrote that in my edit after I saw someone joke about that. It's also possible, though I personally doubt it. 

This is, of course, not concrete proof of anything, but combined with the earlier tweet where you could read "New FE" in the background and the previous January Directs, I believe it follows a pattern.

Just now, Thane said:

Yeah I wrote that in my edit after I saw someone joke about that. It's also possible, though I personally doubt it. 

This is, of course, not concrete proof of anything, but combined with the earlier tweet where you could read "New FE" in the background and the previous January Directs, I believe it follows a pattern.

It could be, yeah, but it could also just be looking too into it.

This is what Kotaku UK are rumouring about:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/11/dark-souls-remastered-rumored-announced-today-ps4-xbox-one-switch-pc/

It’s been reported by Kotaku UK that a remaster of the first Dark Souls game will be announced after a “Nintendo Direct Mini” that is expected to be announced by Nintendo in a few hours.

According to multiple sources for Kotaku UK, the announcement of Dark Souls Remastered will reportedly be revealed at the end of the Nintendo Direct Mini, making it the first time the game will be on a handheld system with Switch along with releases on PS4, Xbox One, and PC that should be announced afterwards.

The remaster is reported to feature rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3 along with upscaled texture. Multiplayer is also said to be expanded to support six concurrent players.

And lastly, one source indicates that there are plans to bring all three Dark Souls games to Switch eventually.

It's best to realise that a Nintendo Direct Mini seems to be from 5-20 minutes in length so to curb your expectations if you are expecting a lot.

On 10/01/2018 at 5:28 AM, Florete said:

Oh, I forgot one more prediction I wanted to make.

Soul Calibur VI for Switch. No special Nintendo characters, though.

I believe a Bandai Namco representative already said recently there was no current plans for a Switch version of Soulcalibur 6, but it honestly wouldn't be unexpected and the leaker who predicted the game in the first place along with other predictions that seem to be mostly correct said that it would be the case but likely a delayed release from the others. I think it may be some more time before we see an announcement like that (if I'm to believe this Namco guy lol).

Edited by Tryhard

That TWEWY port is great news, if only so even more people can play it. Plus the new control scheme looks fun, and it'll be nice to have both characters on the same screen.

As for FE, theprinceofiris on twitter has been hinting that FE's getting its own separate Direct next week, so that might be a thing to keep an eye out for.

Edited by Azure Sen

Hyrule Warriors? Again? I'm...mixed on that. Kinda...upset, but at the same time, not exactly surprised.

DK Tropical Freeze sounds good. Particulary with GAME BREAKER KONG.

TWEWY remake is ALL OF MY YES. Or port. Whichever, I don't care.

Everything else is fine.

Edited by Dai

30 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

As for FE, theprinceofiris on twitter has been hinting that FE's getting its own separate Direct next week, so that might be a thing to keep an eye out for.

WHAT? Is that true? Thousand times yes.

Holy crap, Dark Souls is an instant buy. I might actually buy Hyrule Warriors, skipped it on Wii U but the idea of all of the content in one package is too good to pass up now. Tropical Freeze though I will pass over, not much seems to be added.

TWEWY, Ys VIII, Dark Souls.... if only there would've been something about FE, this could've been the best Direct Mini of all times. Still, because of TWEWY and Ys, this direct might actually be one of the best (for me at least). TWEWY looks like it's the same as the mobile-version, which is cool imo, but some extra additions would be nice. As for Ys, I hope it's not a port from the Vita version, but from the PS4, since that one has more content. And, well, Dark Souls is Dark Souls, can't really say anything about it, but I'm curious since it's a remaster. They might change some stuff in it, who knows.

Updating the OP in a sec. Sadly nothing that really appealed to me, but there seem to be a lot of good games coming over that have people excited, so that's good!

I'm guessing Fire Emblem will get its own Direct at some point. Either that or this'll be a looong wait.

33 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

WHAT? Is that true? Thousand times yes.

So even if it's not an FE Direct, we're getting info on FE Switch at some point this month.

Edited by Azure Sen

Ys 8 on Switch? What the heck. O_o

Everything else was neat, I suppose. New Pokken DLC is neat. That new SNK Gals Fighter thing is kinda weird, but interesting. I guess Funky Kong is DKTFs easy mode. A lot of the stuff shown doesn't interest me personally, but it's nice seeing the Switch continue to get support and stuff.

What a letdown. Mostly.

Hyrule Warriors returning is AWESOME! I wish they'd have added one or two more characters to this Ultra version, but I finally will get to experience all the 3DS version DLC characters I could not get on Wii U! And I like Medli and Ravio. Also, HW on the go, man (I know 3DS version had that perk too, but I can play this one on the TV or on the go!).

But while I understand now why there was no FE Switch because of the post two posts above, the rest was meh or awful. I was excited to see Luigi in Odyssey at first and then...nope, he's not playable, he gives you a shitty balloon game. This isn't what we wanted, Nintendo! Everybody clamored for playable Luigi, not this trash! I've never felt so trolled and disappointed in my life. Maybe later he'll be playable, I guess, but I'm starting to doubt it...

On 1/9/2018 at 4:56 PM, Slumber said:

The fact that EA is releasing a game called "Fe" gives me the bad feeling that Fire Emblem won't be here, and it's a huge tease.

Which is weird, because prior to this, I was certain that Fire Emblem would be there.

Me and my big dumb mouth. 

Edited by Slumber

Hahaha, Hyrule Warriors again. What is this, Skyrim?

BOI, TROPICAL FREEZE ON SWITCH, HELL YEAH! I can finally play it now.

Totally Not Tales Ys 8 looks interesting. I've never played a Ys game before. Is it good? Is it a good Ys game to start with? Actually, don't bother asking the second question, Ys 8 is probably the only game in the series i'll have access to.

The World Ends With You on Switch. Now i can see what the hype is all about.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Totally Not Tales Ys 8 looks interesting. I've never played a Ys game before. Is it good? Is it a good Ys game to start with? Actually, don't bother asking the second question, Ys 8 is probably the only game in the series i'll have access to.

Ys VIII is a good, never played Ys either but like I know how good the series is and yeah it's a good entry point.

I dunno how good TWEWY FM is gonna be, but I played the original DS version a few years ago and loved it, it's absolutely fantastic. It was a bit difficult at times and there was a bad puzzle like once, but other than that, it's without a doubt on of the best games I've ever played. 

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ye isn't really like Tales of at all, since Ys is more of an action game than an RPG.

Haven't played 8 yet personally, but I've played plenty of other games in the series, which are all quite good. Most of the other games are available on Steam, if you're interested/have that as an option.

The biggest blight on Ys 8 has been the localization, which is of dubious quality to say the least. It's so bad that the company that localized the game had to apologise publicly and promise to fix it. Hopefully the Switch version has the improved translation.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The funny thing is, Ys has been going on longer than Tales of. I played Oath of Felghana, and that was really good. 

Also, I wouldn't get hopes up too high about TWEWY. It was the closest thing to a button masher on the DS. People are going to fuck their Switches up in handheld mode. I also thought the tone of the game was just awful. It felt like some edgy Kingdom Hearts nonsense(Ironic, since the TWEWY characters were in KH). You might like it, plenty of people did, but I found it to be one of the most overhyped games I've played. A bunch of things about it rubbed me the wrong way. 

Edited by Slumber

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Also, I wouldn't get hopes up too high about TWEWY. It was the closest thing to a button masher on the DS. People are going to fuck their Switches up in handheld mode. I also thought the tone of the game was just awful. It felt like some edgy Kingdom Hearts nonsense(Ironic, since the TWEWY characters were in KH). 

Well, some people are into that.

3 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Ye isn't really like Tales of at all, since Ys is more of an action game than an RPG.

Fair enough, i was only basing my judgments off of the 1 hour i played of Tales of Zestiria and the one minute they showed of Ys 8.

Most of the other games are available on Steam, if you're interested/have that as an option.

Yeah, that won't work for me. My PC wouldn't be able to run it. 

Hopefully the Switch version has the improved translation.

They are
https://nintendowire.com/news/2018/01/11/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-heading-switch-summer/

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The funny thing is, Ys has been going on longer than Tales

Interesting. I just never heard about Ys until just recently but today was the first time i saw actual gameplay.