Nintendo Direct Mini 2018-01-11

Thane

4 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

As far as I know just in heroes with Micaiah and Sothe among others which their trailer is up.

That's Heroes though, not an RD HD remake.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That's Heroes though, not an RD HD remake.

Which is what I meant. I haven't heard anything else about PoR or RD beyond that so I thought I'd clarify is all. Though i there has been other rumors then like I've said I haven't heard about them and it's just a coincidence that heroes is also adding RD stuff.

I think this was pretty good for a Direct Mini. I've never played The Worlds Ends with You, so I'm definitely interested in playing it along with Ys VIII. Pokken DLC looked solid with two Pokemon I can get behind being playable. Aegislash was a great pick and I also like Blastoise. It is also cool that a larger audience will be able to play some of the good games the Wii U has to offer, though I wish they added some BOTW characters for Hyrule Warriors. Mario Tennis Aces looks interesting, especially since it has a story mode. This was a pretty nice Direct. While I am a little disappointed we didn't get FE16, I think it'll show up sometime soon.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎10 at 7:58 AM, vanguard333 said:

Joke Predictions:

- Dark Souls Switch: a port of all three Dark Souls games for the Nintendo Switch

Oh my gosh! My joke prediction about Dark Souls coming to Nintendo Switch was (partly) correct!? How about that. I seriously did not think that would happen; Dark Souls appearing on the Switch!? Did anyone think this would happen!? 

Edited by vanguard333

3 minutes ago, Prince of Iris said:

There is another Nintendo Direct one week from today.

Wait, if there's another direct in a week, which would be 1 year since last year's.

Yeah it makes sense for them to show it off then and build up more hype in the meantime. I just wanted a little concept teaser (no characters or anything)

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Whoa, that's a bold statement. The father of JRPG is Dungeons and Dragons. Or when sticking strictly to video games, Ultima. JRPGs are just the Japanese response to western CRPGs that tried to adapt tabeletop games. It's also odd to point to Ys 1 as the father of JRPGs when it doesn't have turn based combat, character creation, or menus you select abilities from. 

ANd the father of JRPGs is Dragon Quest anyway, right ? The high number of clones on the NES and SNES would tend to prove this...

Not that this debate makes tons of sense to begin with.

9 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

ANd the father of JRPGs is Dragon Quest anyway, right ? The high number of clones on the NES and SNES would tend to prove this...

Falcom's game Dragon Slayer predates Dragon Quest by 2 entire years. Its concepts would be basically the predecessor to Ys.

After some time to reflect, I'm going to say I'm actually happy we didn't see FE Switch here. This was clearly a direct for smaller announcements given all the ports and DLC, so this shows that FE is a bigger deal to Nintendo than that.

4 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

There is another Nintendo Direct one week from today.

Thanks man as always! :D

31 minutes ago, Florete said:

After some time to reflect, I'm going to say I'm actually happy we didn't see FE Switch here. This was clearly a direct for smaller announcements given all the ports and DLC, so this shows that FE is a bigger deal to Nintendo than that.

I know right?! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this!

4 hours ago, Tamanoir said:

The long and short of it is that Dragon Quest is putting together a lot of ideas, putting it in a neat package, and putting it somewhere people could widely access it.

It shaped how JRPGs were and still are made, but ultimately even Dragon Quest is not a wholly original idea in the gamesphere. It just managed to put the pieces together in a way people could wrap their heads around.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Yeah, I was rather thinking this too. Very good way of looking at it!

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

The long and short of it is that Dragon Quest is putting together a lot of ideas, putting it in a neat package, and putting it somewhere people could widely access it.

It shaped how JRPGs were and still are made, but ultimately even Dragon Quest is not a wholly original idea in the gamesphere. It just managed to put the pieces together in a way people could wrap their heads around.

Yeah, that's a pretty good way of putting it.

6 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

To answer how I know, let's just say that I happen to live near the grapevine.

I hope you don't get too much hate (or love) for being in that sort of position. There's often a huge flurry of emotions I observe on people who either get hyped or lose hype when they hear, see, or meet with these sort of things.

I really wish hype culture wasn't a thing --mostly for their own sakes. xD

16 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Oh my gosh! My joke prediction about Dark Souls coming to Nintendo Switch was (partly) correct!? How about that. I seriously did not think that would happen; Dark Souls appearing on the Switch!? Did anyone think this would happen!? 

From Software was confirmed as a 3rd party dev for the Switch at last year's press conference; something like this was generally expected.

Edited by The DanMan

11 hours ago, Kirokan said:

I hope you don't get too much hate (or love) for being in that sort of position. There's often a huge flurry of emotions I observe on people who either get hyped or lose hype when they hear, see, or meet with these sort of things.

I really wish hype culture wasn't a thing --mostly for their own sakes. xD

Thanks, it's appreciated. I did get involved here already knowing the risks it could entail, but even in the worst case scenario, I'm not particularly interested in concerning myself over what others think of me.

I've been in the know for a while, but I think these blatantly false rumors that have popped up lately are getting a little out of hand, so I've chosen to step up to help elucidate what should actually be anticipated.

To be clear, I honestly don't know that much about the new Fire Emblem, and I don't expect myself to learn much else in advance, but for the time being, I do think people should still be on their toes for news soon, and should try to be more dismissive about rumors in general.

Edited by Prince of Iris

18 hours ago, Florete said:

That's precisely why I'm upset about Kirby Star Allies thrown in here. Triple Deluxe and Robobot are masterful kirby games, but they're single player experiences. Multiplayer coming back after almost ten years is a big deal. It shouldn't share the spotlight with ports and DLC announcements.

4 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

Thanks, it's appreciated. I did get involved here already knowing the risks it could entail, but even in the worst case scenario, I'm not particularly interested in concerning myself over what others think of me.

I've been in the know for a while, but I think these blatantly false rumors that have popped up lately are getting a little out of hand, so I've chosen to step up to help elucidate what should actually be anticipated.

To be clear, I honestly don't know that much about the new Fire Emblem, and I don't expect myself to learn much else in advance, but for the time being, I do think people should still be on their toes for news soon, and should try to be more dismissive about rumors in general.

You're doing great work, I always love your posts on twitter as well.

Kirby Star Allies - Yup, this is probably GOTY 2018.
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Version - Ah, Hyrule Warriors, the game that keeps on reminding you that you bought the wrong version.
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA - Another incredibly generic looking anime-action-RPG.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Not only are almost no good Wii U exclusives left, but Nintendo had the gall to add a super-easy mode to a game that was intentionally not a complete cakewalk. This was definitely not Retro Studios' decision.
Dark Souls Remastered - I never played Dark Souls so this is actually kinda exciting to me.

6 hours ago, Prince of Iris said:

No problem! I enjoy working with you on things so would just hate to see some smear campaign against you for getting a single thing wrong, you know? : ) But I'm sure you're strong enough to stand up for clearing misinformation at any possible expense of your own well-being, from what you stated. Best of luck!