New banner and updates: World of Dawn [DATAMINE]

Armagon

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Zelgius looks to be based off of his duel with Ike at the end of Radiant Dawn, which would suggest he'd have Alondite and most likely Black Luna. Warp Powder is also pretty much a given for his B skill.

If you look at Zelgius' full image, it does show the Alondite. I need him!

EDIT: Hero Merit limit is now 4000!

Edited by Lord_Grima

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

If these maps come to arena I'll be pretty happy. No more B!Lyn/Reinhardt with free control over the map. I don't care about my teams because I don't use horses.

Especially because a lot of arena maps already do a fair bit to counter Cavalry Emblem. It'll be interesting to see how things develop.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Zelgius looks to be based off of his duel with Ike at the end of Radiant Dawn, which would suggest he'd have Alondite and most likely Black Luna. Warp Powder is also pretty much a given for his B skill.

Pretty sure he carries Alondite in his other sprites, so I feel like that and Black Luna are a given. Considering the change from Wings of Mercy to Warp Powder, I wouldn't be surprised if he had Steady Breath instead of Steady Stance,

1 minute ago, AlmondJuice said:

wait what

that was fast

Yep. The characters and TT haven't been added yet though. But everything else in the update has. Including an increase to the max Hero Merit, now being 4000.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yep. The characters and TT haven't been added yet though. But everything else in the update has. Including an increase to the max Hero Merit, now being 4000.

Huh. I have a feeling people are going to max it out day one... er, within the next 24 hours or something.

Yay, so Oliver is the GHB?

Since it says Datamine in the title, I guess we don't have to speak in spoiler tags.

43 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

Honestly, to me, the most surprising thing about this banner is

Hide contents

that it's a three-character banner weighted towards males rather than females. Never thought I'd see the day. What's next, non-3DS seasonals?

It's about freepering time.  If they kept doing female tilted banners, we'd run out.

So, do we know what their weapons will be?  I'm guessing Sothe is the one who'll be demoted to 4*, but if they give him a Prf weapon, I'm not sure if any of them will be.

Not really sure why we needed Zelgius, when we already have BK already, but we got Micaiah and Oliver, so I'm happy.

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

-tosses entire paycheque at iPad-

The pay check lands on the iPad.
Nothing happens.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Since it says Datamine in the title, I guess we don't have to speak in spoiler tags.

Correct.

Just now, Rezzy said:

So, do we know what their weapons will be?  I'm guessing Sothe is the one who'll be demoted to 4*, but if they give him a Prf weapon, I'm not sure if any of them will be.

Not really sure why we needed Zelgius, when we already have BK already, but we got Micaiah and Oliver, so I'm happy.

Micaiah gets Thani. Sothe gets Peshkatz. Zelgius almost certainly gets Alondite. Oliver most likely gets Shine+.

Edited by Ice Dragon

So I was looking a bit more into this update, and I found something cool...

Oh, here are some links btw: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/datamine/feh-datamine-110 https://imgur.com/a/wR1cG#3e0zmvs

Anyway, it looks like Parthia is getting an upgrade, which is awesome because my Jeorge as been sitting around doing nothing.

Skills:

Oliver:

Spoiler

Blazing Light
Mirror Strike 2
Atk Ploy 3

Micaiah:

Spoiler

Ardent Sacrifice
Distant Def 3
Guard 3
Drive Atk 3

Sothe:

Spoiler

Glimmer
Life and Death 3
Spur Atk/Spd 2

Zelgius:

Spoiler

Alondite
Black Luna
Fierce Stance 3
Panic Ploy 3

Nothing on the weapons for the first three. Zelgius has official powercrept himself the Black Knight

Edited by Lord_Grima

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So, if Zelgius is TT award...where is Corrin?

Still no Morgan though...

I don't think he is, the TT aware should still be Corrin

1 minute ago, AlmondJuice said:

Oh, here are some links btw: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/datamine/feh-datamine-110 https://imgur.com/a/wR1cG#3e0zmvs

Anyway, it looks like Parthia is getting an upgrade, which is awesome because my Jeorge as been sitting around doing nothing.

Yeah that's already live, same with Cymbeline's new effect. It's a much needed buff to ol' Jeorge.

2 minutes ago, AlmondJuice said:

What do those little farmpatches with the posts do?  Are they something like fortification tiles?

1 minute ago, Lord_Grima said:

Skills:

Oliver:

Hide contents

Unknown, coming soon.

Micaiah:

Hide contents

Ardent Sacrifice
Distant Def 3
Guard 3
Drive Atk 3

Sothe:

Hide contents

Glimmer
Life and Death 3
Spur Atk/Spd 2

Zelgius:

Hide contents

Alondite
Black Luna
Fierce Stance 3
Panic Ploy 3

Nothing on the weapons for the first three. Zelgius has official powercrept himself the Black Knight

Oh boy, I really hope Sothe gives us LaD3 as a 4* unit.

So not only did they have to shove the spoiler into our face (obvious but still), they missed the opportunity to make a more different Sword Armor to his BK form (like a different Prf. weapon called Zelgius' Sword or something).
Zelgius is BK with a BST bonus, same unique skills and different passives. Lore-wise it makes sense but that's uninspired as it can get with a new unit that exists in the game. Having him as a Begnion General would have made him more 'exciting' as a new character.
Maybe IS should hire some staff that have a bit more creativity than this? After the fiasco with the seasonal units it starts to get a bit ridicilous.

Oh, hey, Light tomes. How does it feel, Lucius? You were essentialy betrayed of your Light mage status and now they trample over you with it like an elephant. Poor, poor Lucius. At least you retained your status as premier trap.

Also, I shall curse you, FE community. You meme too hard and this is what we get. What meme is there left, anyway? After poison mutton, I'm too slow, loot and supreme beauty what kind of monstrosity will IS dig up next to satisify our thirst for memes?

Meh, maybe I will roll for Sothe since a good Dagger unit is the only thing I'm really missing in my arsenal. Micaiah seems quite underwhelming stats-wise.

5 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Skills:

Oliver:

Reveal hidden contents

Unknown, coming soon.

Micaiah:

Reveal hidden contents

Ardent Sacrifice
Distant Def 3
Guard 3
Drive Atk 3

Sothe:

Reveal hidden contents

Glimmer
Life and Death 3
Spur Atk/Spd 2

Zelgius:

Reveal hidden contents

Alondite
Black Luna
Fierce Stance 3
Panic Ploy 3

Does this mean Oliver gets Warp Powder? I would've thought that would be Zelgius' skill for sure.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What do those little farmpatches with the posts do?  Are they something like fortification tiles?

From the looks of it, they prevent cavalry from moving onto them, but are regular movement for other movement types.

1 minute ago, Talandar said:

Zelgius is BK with a BST bonus, same unique skills and different passives. Lore-wise it makes sense but that's uninspired as it can get with a new unit that exists in the game. Having him as a Begnion General would have made him more 'exciting' as a new character.

Zelgius is slower and has fewer HP.

Just now, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Does this mean Oliver gets Warp Powder? I would've thought that would be Zelgius' skill for sure.

It looks incomplete because Micaiah almost certainly has Sacrifice as an upgrade to Ardent Sacrifice.

Micaiah!! Finally. The art is pretty, even though I'm not the BIGGEST fan of the really big eyes, but I think she looks pretty, so I'll drop my orbs for her. I wish Sothe looked better, I really liked him in RD but I just really don't like his art. Same with BK!Unmasked. Also wished they had used his red armor instead. But I wouldn't go for him either way because I hate armored units with a passion. Haha. I won't complain though. When I like ALL of the units, I never have enough orbs. So I'm glad I only like one here!

I just need Morgan and Lyon and I'll be happpppy!

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

It's basically a big middle finger to cavalry teams. In all seriousness, they're (probably) designed as a counter to cavalry teams. Trees hinder infantry movement and prevent cavalry movement, but I think these new tiles will only stop cavalry.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

About the fenceposts/ Cavalry trap things, i saw this in the Datamine.

MID_TEXASGATETERRAIN_TUTORIAL_DIALOG_00: Cavalry moves 1 space in trenches.

I had to look up what a "Texas gate" is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_grid.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Less HP I can get, but wouldn't he be faster without the helmet?

No, because he has to carry the helmet in his hand.

Edited by Ice Dragon