Jeorge, Perfect Shot

Ice Dragon

Jeorge, Perfect Shot

Jeorge is an infantry bow users with a stat distribution nearly identical to Klein's and Takumi's, but what sets him apart is access to Parthia, which gives him virtually unparalleled magic bulk among ranged units and a huge boost to Atk when in combat against other ranged units.

Parthia's base effect after refinement grants Jeorge the equivalent of a once-per-battle fully charged Sacred Cowl when in combat with a tome user, allowing him to survive a single hit from even the strongest tome users in the game. Parthia's unique refine grants an additional 6 Atk when in combat against a ranged opponent, giving Jeorge enough single-hit damage to kill the many fragile ranged units in the game in a single hit, but also much tougher ones after a few buffs.

Furthermore, because Jeorge's stat distribution is so similar to Klein's and Takumi's, he can also run the common Brave Bow+ build that the offensive archers are notorious for with similar success.

Level 40 stats:

HP: 34/37/41
Atk: 29/32/35
Spd: 29/32/35
Def: 21/24/28
Res: 19/22/25

Total: 147~148

Default skills:

Weapon: Parthia
Assist: [none]
Special: Blazing Flame
Passive A: [none]
Passive B: Seal Atk 3
Passive C: Spur Spd 3

Player-phase Parthia

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk, -Def]

Parthia [unique]
[flexible assist]
[flexible special]

Life and Death 3 / Swift Sparrow 2
Cancel Affinity 3 / Desperation 3
[flexible passive C]
Attack +3 / Brash Assault 3 / [flexible Sacred Seal]

This build uses Parthia's unique refinement offensively, attempting to one-hit kill ranged units to avoid taking damage or two-hit kill bulkier tome users while taking minimal damage in return. This build benefits greatly from stacking Atk buffs with Drive Atk 2, Geirskögul, and refined Cymbeline.

Life and Death 3 sacrifices some of Jeorge's bulk to maximize his Atk and Spd stats, reaching 60 Atk and 37 Spd. However, even with the penalty to Res, he will still have 77 effective bulk against tome users, which is enough to take a counterattack from everything except fully buffed non-infantry Litrblade+ users.

Swift Sparrow 2 gives Jeorge slightly lower offensive stats compared to Life and Death 3, reaching 59 Atk and 36 Spd, but doesn't sacrifice his defenses, giving him with 83 effective bulk against tome users.

Cancel Affinity 3 prevents tome users with Litrrraven+ and Triangle Adept from being able to use the weapon triangle to shrug off Jeorge's attacks, though Jeorge is still capable of surviving the counterattack from most units that commonly run such a build so long as they don't have Bowbreaker.

Desperation 3 is an option to avoid taking counterattacks from subsequent rounds of combat after receiving a heavy hit, using Parthia's damage reduction to avoid dying to it. This option naturally pairs well with the Brash Assault 3 Sacred Seal.

The Attack +3 Sacred Seal further boosts Jeorge's ability to kill his opponents with a single hit, pushing his Atk up to 63 with Life and Death 3 or 62 with Swift Sparrow 2.

Other options:

• Death Blow 3 is a cheaper alternative for the passive A slot. However, the loss of a Spd boost when compared to Life and Death 3 or Swift Sparrow 2 may be irrelevant with a sufficient number of Atk buffs.
  • Weaponbreaker skills can be used to land double attacks against specific targets or to negate the use of Bowbreaker by enemy units.

Enemy-phase Parthia

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk, -Def]

Parthia [unique]
[flexible assist]
[flexible special]

Fierce Stance 3 / Atk/Res Bond 3 / Brazen Atk/Def 3 / Brazen Atk/Spd 3 / Life and Death 3
Vantage 3
[flexible passive C]
Attack +3 / Distant Def 3 / Deflect Magic 3 / [flexible Sacred Seal]

This build uses Parthia's unique refinement to tank a hit from a tome user and proceed to sweep the remainder of the opponent's ranged units while avoiding taking additional damage using Vantage 3. This build works best by stacking Atk buffs to guarantee a kill on each subsequent opponent with a single hit before the opponent can land its first attack.

Fierce Stance 3 gives Jeorge the maximum boost to Atk that is always active on enemy phase, bringing his Atk up to 61 Atk against ranged opponents. Brazen Atk/Def 3 and Brazen Atk/Spd 3 sacrifice Jeorge's performance on his first round of combat to boost his Atk up to 62 Atk after his HP drops enough to activate Vantage 3. With any of these skills, Jeorge has 83 effective bulk against opposing tome users.

Atk/Res Bond 3 gives Jeorge a smaller boost to Atk than Fierce Stance 3 or a Brazen Atk 3 skill, bringing his Atk to 60 Atk against ranged opponents, but also boosts his Res to allow him to survive even stronger attacks with an absolutely massive 91 effective bulk against tome users.

Life and Death 3 may seem like an odd choice for an enemy-phase build, but the loss of Res results in a still impressive 77 effective bulk against tome users, which prevents Jeorge from dying to everything except fully buffed non-infantry Litrblade+ users. While still a costly skill, it is in higher supply than Fierce Stance 3 or Atk/Res Bond 3 and also allows Jeorge to have better offensive presence on player phase.

Vantage 3 is used to sweep the remainder of the opponent's team after Jeorge is dropped below 75% HP, which should typically be after his first round of combat.

The Attack +3 Sacred Seal further boosts Jeorge's ability to kill his opponents with a single hit, bringing his Atk to 65 Atk with a Brazen Atk 3 skill, 64 Atk with Fierce Stance 3, and 63 Atk with Atk/Res Bond 3.

The Distant Def 3 Sacred Seal boosts his defenses considerably and is best used with any passive A skill that isn't Atk/Res Bond 3 because virtually no tome user is capable of reaching 91 Atk. +10 Reinhardt / Cecilia [+Atk] (Blarblade+ / Gronnblade+, Death Blow 3, Attack +3) +6/6/6/6 has exactly 91 Atk, and +10 Sanaki / Lilina [+Atk] (Rauðrblade+, Death Blow 3, Attack +3) +6/4/6/4 has 92 Atk.

The Deflect Magic 3 Sacred Seal is used specifically against users of Dire Thunder because damage from the second hit will not be mitigated by Parthia's effect.

Other options:

• Fury 3 is a cheaper option for the passive A skill that also helps Jeorge more safely activate Vantage 3.
  • Cancel Affinity 3 can be used to prevent opponents with Litrraven+ and Triangle Adept from avoiding a kill on Jeorge's counterattack.
  • Quick Riposte 3 is an option if Jeorge has healing support to keep his HP up and doesn't have the buff support needed to one-hit kill bulkier ranged units.

Ranged unit physical bulk reference

Spoiler

This is a listing of every ranged unit in the game, sorted by single-hit physical bulk. This list does not include non-neutral natures, skills, or buffs unless otherwise mentioned. If variations in HP or Def due to natures result in a 4-point difference, they will be noted, but the number will still reflect the neutral value.

Player phase refers to Jeorge's player phase. Enemy phase refers to Jeorge's enemy phase.

Reminder that at +5 merge level, all units have +4 physical bulk and at +10 merge level, all units have +8 physical bulk.

• 81: Gordin on player phase with Guard Bow+
  • 81: Jakob, Devoted Monster (-HP) on player phase with Guard Bow+
  • 79: Tharja, "Normal Girl" on player phase with Candelabra+
  • 77: Tharja, "Normal Girl"
  • 77: Henry, Twisted Mind
  • 75: Azama
  • 75: Boey
  • 75: Gordin
  • 75: Jakob, Devoted Monster (-HP)
  • 74: Faye (-Def) on player phase with Guard Bow+
  • 72: Virion (+Def)
  • 71: Matthew
  • 71: Merric (-Def)
  • 69: Camilla, Spring Princess (-HP, -Def)
  • 69: Leon (-HP, -Def)
  • 69: Robin, High Deliverer (-HP, -Def)
  • 69: Robin, Mystery Tactician
  • 69: Saizo (+HP)
  • 68: Faye (-Def)
  • 68: Frederick (-HP, -Def)
  • 68: Odin (+Def)
  • 68: Sophia (-HP, -Def)
  • 67: Lissa, Sprightly Cleric (-HP, -Def)
  • 66: Jaffar (+Def)
  • 65: Reinhardt (-HP, -Def)
  • 65: Takumi, Wild Card (-HP, +Def)
  • 64: Gaius, Candy Stealer
  • 64: Jakob, Devoted Servant (-HP, +Def)
  • 64: Leo, Sorcerous Prince (-HP, +Def)
  • 64: Wrys
  • 62: Clarisse
  • 62: Henry, Happy Vampire (+HP, -Def)
  • 62: Lyn, Bride of the Plains (-HP)
  • 62: Tharja, Dark Shadow (-HP)
  • 61: Celica (-HP)
  • 61: Jeorge (+HP, +Def)
  • 61: Lachesis (-HP)
  • 61: Sothe (-HP)
  • 60: Klein (-HP)
  • 60: Sakura, Loving Priestess (+HP, +Def)
  • 59: Inigo (-HP)
  • 59: Mist (-HP)
  • 59: Setsuna (+HP)
  • 58: Cecilia (+HP)
  • 58: Raigh (+HP)
  • 58: Rebecca (+HP)
  • 57: Clarine (+HP)
  • 57: Lucina, Spring Exalt (+HP)
  • 57: Rhajat (+HP)
  • 57: Takumi, Prince of Soup (-HP, -Def)
  • 56: Corrin, Novice Vacationer
  • 56: Gunnthrá (-HP, -Def)
  • 56: Tailtiu (-HP, -Def)
  • 55: Cordelia, Perfect Bride (+HP)
  • 55: Julia (-HP, -Def)
  • 55: Maria (+HP)
  • 55: Priscilla (+HP)
  • 55: Shigure (+HP)
  • 54: Lilina (+HP)
  • 54: Niles (+HP, -Def)
  • 54: Nowi, Eternal Witch
  • 54: Olwen
  • 54: Serra
  • 54: Ursula
  • 53: Gaius, Thief Exposed
  • 53: Genny
  • 53: Kagero
  • 53: Leo, Seashore's Prince (+HP, +Def)
  • 53: Lyn, Brave Lady (+HP, -Def)
  • 53: Micaiah (+HP, -Def)
  • 53: Soren (+HP, -Def)
  • 52: Caeda, Talys's Bride
  • 52: Deirdre (+HP, -Def)
  • 52: Elise, Tropical Flower
  • 52: Felicia (+HP)
  • 52: Nino
  • 51: Mae (+HP, -Def)
  • 51: Sonya (+HP, +Def)
  • 50: Arvis
  • 50: Lucius (+HP, +Def)
  • 50: Olivia, Festival Dancer (+HP, -Def)
  • 50: Sanaki (-Def)
  • 49: Elise, Budding Flower
  • 49: Innes (+HP, +Def)
  • 49: Katarina (+Def)
  • 49: Linde (+HP, +Def)
  • 49: Lute (-Def)
  • 47: Sakura, Gentle Nekomata (+Def)
  • 46: Delthea (+Def)

Standard Brave Bow

Spoiler

Nature: [+Atk, -Def] / [+Atk, -Res]

Brave Bow+
[flexible assist]
Luna
Life and Death 3 / Death Blow 3
Cancel Affinity 3 / Desperation 3 / [flexible passive B]
[flexible passive C]

Attack +3 / Brash Assault 3 / [flexible Sacred Seal]

This is the standard Brave Bow+ build. I'll write this one up later because if you haven't used this build before, you've probably still seen it, and if you haven't seen it before, it's not hard to figure out how it works.

Other options:

• ???

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon, could +Res Jeorge with a unique refined Parthia be a good anti-mage archer? I'm gonna guess no considering Innes and Niles have higher base resistance than Jeorge where Innes's Nidhogg -owl tome effect can make him even stronger and bulkier while Niles can just have a very high resistance stat by resistance refining a Slaying Bow+ or Guard Bow+ and stacking Distant Def/Warding Stance with a Distant Def seal.

10 hours ago, Kaden said:

@Ice Dragon, could +Res Jeorge with a unique refined Parthia be a good anti-mage archer? I'm gonna guess no considering Innes and Niles have higher base resistance than Jeorge where Innes's Nidhogg -owl tome effect can make him even stronger and bulkier while Niles can just have a very high resistance stat by resistance refining a Slaying Bow+ or Guard Bow+ and stacking Distant Def/Warding Stance with a Distant Def seal.

+Res Jeorge has 88 magic bulk with refined Parthia before passive skills are considered. For comparison, again with no passive skills, neutral Faye has 84 with Guard Bow+ [Res], neutral Niles has 82 with Guard Bow+ [Res], and neutral Innes has 72 with 3 stacks of Nidhogg.

Once I finish my write-ups, I should have Jeorge's magic bulk numbers written out in each build because his numbers are just that impressive.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Res Jeorge has 88 magic bulk with refined Parthia before passive skills are considered. For comparison, again with no passive skills, neutral Faye has 84 with Guard Bow+ [Res], neutral Niles has 82 with Guard Bow+ [Res], and neutral Innes has 72 with 3 stacks of Nidhogg.

Once I finish my write-ups, I should have Jeorge's magic bulk numbers written out in each build because his numbers are just that impressive.

That's pretty awesome, but which refinement is this for Parthia since the regular refinement options would give +2 HP and whatever other increase while the unique refinement only gives the +6 attack against ranged units.

I wonder what his bane should be with a +Res build since apparently I have a +Res, -Def and +Res, -HP Jeorge. +Atk Jeorge with a unique refined Parthia seems pretty fun with the shenanigans you can pull against ranged units.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

That's pretty awesome, but which refinement is this for Parthia since the regular refinement options would give +2 HP and whatever other increase while the unique refinement only gives the +6 attack against ranged units.

I wonder what his bane should be with a +Res build since apparently I have a +Res, -Def and +Res, -HP Jeorge. +Atk Jeorge with a unique refined Parthia seems pretty fun with the shenanigans you can pull against ranged units.

Numbers are for the unique refinement because +6 Atk is way too good to pass up.

Personally, I'd run Jeorge with -Def if possible, especially if your other option is -HP.

He's not great at taking hits from bows on enemy phase to begin with, especially considering the prevalence of Brave Bow+ and the fact that he can't counterattack Firesweep Bow+, so he's better off taking bow users on player phase. That said, 52 Atk isn't quite enough to one-hit kill unbuffed unmerged neutral non-Life-and-Death variants of Bride Cordelia (55 physical bulk) or Brave Lyn (53 physical bulk), meaning you'd want an Atk-boosting passive A skill and some buffs to improve your chances if you intend for him to deal with them. Or Bowbreaker, considering his 58 physical bulk is good enough to avoid being one-hit killed on the counterattack from most bow users.

Personally, I'm considering running Jeorge (and Innes) on teams with Drive Atk shenanigans, especially now that two weapons have a Drive Atk 2 effect that works on bows (Lucina's Geirskogul and Sanaki's Cymbeline).

Finished the write-ups for all of the builds except the Brave Bow build.

I've also included a reference for how much single-hit physical bulk every ranged unit in the game has (also included Winter Tharja with Candelabra and Faye, Gordin, and Halloween Jakob with Guard Bow).

• Ice Dragon changed the title to Jeorge, Perfect Shot
1 hour ago, Ae†her said:

@Ice Dragon: Can Jeorge also be Defense oriented to retaliate against Bows and Daggers?

65 physical bulk with +Def or +HP works well enough against daggers as long as they can't double attack you, but bows have this really bad habit of being named either "Brave Bow+" or "Firesweep Bow+", neither of which Jeorge wants to deal with on his enemy phase.

If you're up against bows, you're better off taking the initiative and gunning them down on your own player phase.

I find it funny how some of Jeorge's wanted skills/weapons are found naturally in Gordin.

Also, with the new Quick Riposte Sacred Seal, would Jeorge be able to use it for his enemy phase build? At the very least, it would help with the bulkier mages

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I find it funny how some of Jeorge's wanted skills/weapons are found naturally in Gordin.

Also, with the new Quick Riposte Sacred Seal, would Jeorge be able to use it for his enemy phase build? At the very least, it would help with the bulkier mages

Quick Riposte would really only be up for one round of combat since Jeorge can't have weapon triangle advantage to help him mitigate damage so you'd pretty much need to make sure you get the bulky one first.

Tharja and Sophia are slow enough to not need to worry about double attacking (Raudhrraven is the issue that matters), which really only leaves Merric, Robin, and Odin, none of whom are particularly common.

You can throw Quick Riposte on him if you have no one else to use it on, but I feel like it's more worthwhile to boost his one-hit kill potential or his bulk. (I'm sure I can test once I get enough stuff to actually make this build. I'm currently only 33 rocks short of being able to make enough leaves to get both Parthia and Cymbeline, but I need normal weapons to refine first, and those have been hard to come by.)

• 4 weeks later...

Ummm... I'm no big analyzer, but I'm going to throw out my idea for a build and my reasoning for it.

Weapon: Parthia (Distant Attack Forge)
Assist: Repostion
Special: Draconic Aura
A Skill: Warding Stance
B Skill: Cancel Affinity
C Skill: Speed Smoke
Seal: Distant Defense

With the weapon, A-skill and Seal, Jeorge gets +12 Res, +6 Attack and Defense from ranged attacks and +6 Res from melee attacks. Cancel Affinity takes care of the -Raven mages, Draconic Aura takes advantage of his high attack, Speed Smoke helps him double, and Reposition is just there.

Sort of a more flexible but not as strong or magically tanky Innes.

Is this okay? What do you think? First time I've tried a build.

Edited by Corrobin

• 6 months later...
Spoiler

WficBux.png 

Will just leave these builds here. Hopefully they can be helpful. 

I'm running +spd/-hp Jeorge. I'd love to try a +atk/-hp one, but have never been able to pull that specific IV. Don't mind so much tbh, since this guy has been with me for such a long time (March 2017) and I'm used to how he works. I prefer the -hp bane, because summoner support will cancels it, but I think could be - res great too. 

Image 1 & 2 - Parthia :

Parthia makes him a incredibly flexible unit. Depending on what you want/need on your team, you can have him as a generalist offensive unit, or a dedicated ranged counter. Either way thanks to Parthia he'll always be able to fill the spot as a pseudo dual phased unit vs ranged. I hope the two builds I have can demonstrate that.

The first image is a more general. He usually more than capable of taking a hit with full hp. This will activate Brazen atk/spd, Desperation and have Draconic Aura ready on your player phase. The second one is more of a dedicated ranged counter. Dull Ranged is used to neutralise blade tomes. The B-skill can be replace with Vantage, and the Deflect Magic Seal can be be used if you want a Rein counter. With Brazen + Vantage he can solo Book 2: Chapter 9-3 on Infernal via positioning on a Defense Tile, and also Book 1: 11-5 Infernal with a Hone Atk. Overall I think Vantage would be more useful for a Jeorge with a +atk IV. 

I find that he's one of the few ranged units who would prefer Reposition over Draw Back, as it'll always help to keep him in a offensive position. At full hp, or if you're toying with Vantage shenanigans he's usually good for staying in enemy range after pulling an ally out. 

Seal wise, on high merges, I prefer atk/def +2 over  atk +3, just because I think the tiny bit of def helps. If you're running Def Tactics on your team, he'll be carrying 38 def. I also like running double Smokes, double Drives or Savage Blow 6. It just really depends? He's a very flexible unit to tailor around a team, and your needs. 

Lastly, I just want to add that I think LnD or Fury would be better if you're running Jeorge on lower merges. His base are quite balanced at that point. With the Parthia refine he's still going to be difficult to one shot with magic. So I think the trade off for getting a better statline from the get go is worthwhile. 

Image 3 -Rival Domian/Grand Conquest Clarisse Bow :

This can probably be run on any archer. With more defensive ones like Gordin, Leon etc.. could use Close Counter for A. I still live to keep the Brazen because again.. even without Partia he's quite difficult to ohko on high merges, so it makes him more murdery... (and dead enemies do 0 damage :P). 

The main purpose of this is to support other allies by harassing enemies. Anything he doesn’t kill will have to deal with -5 atk/speed debuff from the bow 14 splash damage from SB6, and Chill Def is there to hit anyone with high Def. If they get caught in Growing Wind too, well… good luck to them ..

Growing Wind is the chosen special for its 3x3 square damage area. Handy for carpet bombing respawns around castles and enemy clusters.

Image 4 - Firesweep

Very general Firesweep build. I used to have this when he was on much lower merges (under 5). For Jeorge I prefer it to Brave Bow, just because of the extra mt from Firesweep, wich goes well with my +spd IV. If he was +atk I might have ran Brave Bow. Generally I think Parthia is too good to pass up esp. on higher mergers as he get really close to having mixed bulk.  

I think it's also possible to do Ardent Sacrifice + Brazen. As the -10 hp is enough to drop him into Brazen range. I still prefer LnD because he gets the offensive statline from the get go. For B-skills Chill Def/Chill Spd is also pretty great.