What are your favorite gaming genres? Least favorite?

Ronnie

Favorites: JRPG, VN, Bullet Hell, FPS (unless it's one of those ones that give me nausea)

Least Favorites: "Educational" Games (did anyone even mention this before), puzzle (except for Prof. Layton series), racing, most fighting games, most platformers

Favorites:

• JRPG
  • Survival-Horror
  • Strategy(Real time and turn-based)
  • Arcade Racing
  • "Character action"

Least favorites:

• Modern 3D Adventure games(Loved the Walking Dead season 1 and Until Dawn, though)
  • Third-person-shooters-that-care-more-about-the-plot-than-the-gameplay-with-boring-stealth-segments-and-constantly-take-control-away-from-you(MGS got away with this by having a ridiculous plot and putting stealth first... every other one in the genre? Not so much)
Edited by Slumber

Favorites:

- Shoot em' Ups (Particularly the older ones), Flight Combat Simulators (Ace Combat, I AM LOOKING AT YOU), Real Time Strategy (Starcraft and Command & Conquer comes to mind), Tactical FPS (Delta Force), Racing (Gran Turismo and Need for Speed), Turn-based Strategy (Fire Emblem says hi), RPG's (usually of the Final Fantasy flavor)

Least Favorites:

- Most of the FPS genre (the only FPS I play are the original Medal of Honor and Call of Duty games; alongside the original Delta Force & Project IGI. The modern ones? Nope...) and MOBA (Ugh... toxic communities especially in my parts)

Edited by Frosty

Favourites: JRPGs, WRPGs (less so Bioware, more so Bethesda), SRPGs, Shmups (particularly those with plot and/or waifus), grand strategy, 4K, any wrestling game with good wrestler creation, any fighting games with a good cast of waifus, any roguelikes with plot/waifus, first-person dungeon crawlers (eastern only), rhythm games (especially Taiko no Tatsujin), and visual novels (but yanderes and snuff are no-nos, meaning no School Days). Any game with strong mod support and potential (aka memes and waifus) is an instant favourite.

Least Favourites: Racing (too monotonous), (F/T)PS (barring Gun Gal), raising sims (barring Digimon World n0), survival horror (barring Until Dawn), VR games with too much movement (nausea), MOBAs.

Favourites: RPG (w and j, although I prefer the former one), Racing, Action-RPG (like Dark Souls), Visual Novel (do they even count as games?), Moba

Least favourites: Sports, Horror (I like Horror movies tho)

Edited by Assurhaddon

Favorites: strategy in all forms, RPGs but especially JRPGs, action games, survival horror, hack-n-slash, puzzle

Least favorites: first-person shooters, racing games, modern horror