Berwick Saga Translation (Finished, v2.3) - Updated 23 Jan 2021

Aethin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, bufkus said:

Anyone running into an issue in the game where they can't investigate spots where they should be able to? I've run into this twice in chapter 3 and once in chapter 4 so far. 

Who are you using to investigate it? It should work but certain spots are secret investigation spots that only characters with the search ability can search and some are for everyone.

2 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

Who are you using to investigate it? It should work but certain spots are secret investigation spots that only characters with the search ability can search and some are for everyone.

I tried whoever I could, including Reese. These were the sparkling spots in chapter 3 and 4. In chapter 3 I believe, it was the northwest cave and the pirate house that it didn't give me the investigate option. I didn't get it again in chapter 4 for the spot in the northeast that you're supposed to check for Barker's poems. Happened again in chapter 5 for the sparkling dot on one of the houses.

12 minutes ago, bufkus said:

I tried whoever I could, including Reese. These were the sparkling spots in chapter 3 and 4. In chapter 3 I believe, it was the northwest cave and the pirate house that it didn't give me the investigate option. I didn't get it again in chapter 4 for the spot in the northeast that you're supposed to check for Barker's poems. Happened again in chapter 5 for the sparkling dot on one of the houses.

Usually, Sparkling tiles can only be 'Search'ed by someone with the Search skill i.e. Axel, Czene, or Thaddy. There are a few exceptions, though the only one I can think of right now is the sparkling tile on the lake in Chapter 12 which can also be 'Investigate'd by anyone else (but in practice only Larentia and Axel since it's on water) since it's technically not a Search tile, but actually a sparkling Investigate tile.

As for buildings marked with a Question Mark symbol, they can either be 'Investigate'd by anyone OR the unit pertinent to the particular event / citizen request / map objective depending on the building.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate
clarity and font

1 minute ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Usually, Sparkling tiles can only be Investigated by someone with the Search skill i.e. Axel, Czene, or Thaddy. There are a few exceptions though the only one I can think of right now is the sparkling tile on the lake in Chapter 12 which can also 'Investigated' by anyone else (but in practice only Larentia and Axel) since it's technically not a Search tile, but actually a sparkling Investigate tile.

As for buildings with the Question Mark symbol on it, they can either be Investigated by anyone OR the unit pertinent to the particular event / citizen request / map objective depending on the building.

Ah okay. The lone faq on gamefaqs did not make that clear at all. :p

I'm on chapter 6 and I can't seem to get Enid to withdraw on the green arrow in the bottom right. Everyone else can. Anyone have any idea?

edit: i'm an idiot. forgot to make Enid talk to the guy at the north of the map.

Edited by bufkus

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Finally got a computer that could run the hardware. 

Let's now finish this translation guys. :D

Amen, mah boi.

Hello, all! Thank you for your patience and support!

Today, I bring to you a long-awaited update (version 26) which you can find here or in the OP. This new patch covers:

• all mercenary hiring dialogue (I hope!)
  • the sidequests for Kramer, Sylvis, Faye, and Ruby
  • all promotions except for Reese's, Daoud's, Saphira's, and parts of Esteban's
  • several permanent recuitments (Dean, Sylvis, Faye, Ruby, Kramer, Derrick, Owen, Thaddy, Arthur)
  • all of Chapter 6

(Chapter 7 is still in the early phases of translating, but if you want to skip ahead, you can view a WIP version of the intro cutscenes.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 5:47 PM, Jedi said:

Doe does anyone know how to class change once you meet the requirement?

I have Dean's axe at 30 per the requirement, but he won't class change.

Do you need to be level 10 or talk to someone to class change?

Dean has to be Level 15 + and be recruited.

Dean actually need not be recruited in order to promote, just reach Lv. 15 and 30 Axe skill.

In fact I was watching a twitch stream a few weeks back where a player promoted Dean at the end of Chapter 12-1 but failed to permanently recruit him because he didn't get the requisite 60 kills by the end of Chapter 13 lmao.

Is there a base requirement like everyone has to be level 15 or permanently recruited?

Promotion requirements in Berwick Saga vary with each individual unit, but generally, one needs to fulfill a level requirement (10 or 15) and a weapon skill requirement (Usually 30 for one's primary weapon type for units that wield 2 or less types of equipment, 20 for most others weapon skills, 10 if it involves Medium Shields). There are, of course, a few exceptions to this, involving certain narrative junctures or events with more specific requirements. Raven's link should have everything covered on the topic of promotions.

There are also certain points in the game when units cannot promote (e.g. right after the Ch. 7, 11 or 12 main missions) due to narrative reasons, but those are few and far between throughout the game.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Honestly promoting and recruiting everyone is one of the hardest things to pull off. I ended up having to rely on the emulator's built in cheating to be able to pull it off and I have zero regrets since I'm old and don't have time for the RNG bullshit in the game lol.

Edited by bufkus

• 3 weeks later...

Btw, the Conditions screen of the main mission of chapter 6 does not mention that everyone has to escape before turn 25. It does say that it's an escape mission and that does who can't make it will be captured but it does not mention the actual turn limit.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! It's been a while, but I'm back with more progress! The long hiatus between the last release and this one was due to moving to Japan and getting adjusted, etc. I've also got less free time these days as a natural result of leaving grad school and getting a real job. C'est la vie.

This time, we've got all of Chapter 7 complete, where the story starts to take off a bit. Hope you enjoy! You can find the patch by clicking this link.

Also, if you didn't catch it, last week I co-commentated on a stream with LordRaven and Aggro Incarnate for Fire Emblem ExtraLife 2018. We played through the first three maps and had a good number of viewers, so it was a nice and fun stream. Check it out, if you'd like!

13 hours ago, Aethin said:

Hello everyone! It's been a while, but I'm back with more progress! The long hiatus between the last release and this one was due to moving to Japan and getting adjusted, etc. I've also got less free time these days as a natural result of leaving grad school and getting a real job. C'est la vie.

What if everyone interested in this patch gave you a dollar per hour of work so you didn't have to have a real job? I'm sure you'd almost hit minimum wage :P: 

Jokes aside, congrats, man, that sounds awesome. And as always, you're doing all of us an awesome free service so take as much time as you need. We'll keep supporting.

Edited by bottlegnomes

On 11/19/2018 at 9:46 AM, bottlegnomes said:

Jokes aside, congrats, man, that sounds awesome. And as always, you're doing all of us an awesome free service so take as much time as you need. We'll keep supporting.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:41 AM, Chaos442 said:

Just wanted to say thank you! Your tear ring saga translation was awesome and this is looking even better. Keep up the good work my friend. 

On 11/21/2018 at 3:18 PM, dark_knight17 said:

Good to see you back! Congrats on settling in Japan! What an exciting adventure! Are you doing translation over there as well?
I'm very much looking forward to the finished product and am always happy to see another step closer to that!

Thanks for your support and interest! Hopefully things will be going a bit quicker with the translation again from now on. :)

I'm actually helping teach English in high schools here (and boy, do they need to hear a native speaker out here in the boonies). It's fun stuff!