What is YOUR Skill/skillset?

Xenomata

Do you like these kinds of questions/activites?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like these kinds of questions/activites?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent
    • This is the first time I've done this sort of thing

First off, the poll above is a question I often wonder about myself.

I've thought about it for a while, but there should be ways that the skills and builds we give our units can apply to daily life, right? Such as using Falchion to peel apples or Astra to plow fields.

Do you yourself have a skill that best fits you or would enhance your daily life? We're in the Heroes mindset right now, but if a skill from a different game would fit better (or the skill you list works differently in another game), then that's fine to.

Here are links to the skills in Fire Emblem Heroes (Gamepedia FEH Wiki), for Weapons, Assists, Specials, Passives, and Sacred Seals.

If I had to describe myself, it'd probably be a combination of Fury and a B passive that triggers at lower percentages of HP (Desperation, Vantage, etc), since in a way that could be described as doing better when things wear you down, and also you are the one wearing yourself down.

Edited by Xenomata

I'd say a Mirror Strike version of Steady Breath. Atk and Res +3 permanently and Special Cooldown charge +1 for each attack. Unfortunately it's only for Armored units and requires that you can't move to get the bonus. (Essentially I'm a lazy-ass)

I want Múspellflame and Bonfire/Ignis to sell energy.

I can use Chilling Wind and Iceberg/Glacies to help reduce global warming.

I can also be a firefighter with Iceberg/Glacies and Wings of Mercy.

Probably a ranged weapon of some kind with hit and run built in. Maybe on a horse as well. I don't care much for standing and fighting. Hit fast and get out. And do so from as much distance as you can. I have been made fun of at work because I just can't stand still. Always moving from one point to another knocking tasks out bit by bit(as in I do a bit of the task and then run off and do a bit of another and basically go round robin on the tasks). I get a lot done, but god have mercy on your soul if you have to take my place when I haven't been given any warning to 'make things nice' for you. Good luck figuring out where I was in each of the 3 dozen tasks I was hitting at the same time. And that is assuming you can actually find me since I don't stay in one place long.

Though maybe my skills should be closer to a sharks given that my pacing of my work area has been described as a shark circling its prey by my coworkers.

Oddly enough in video games I prefer to play the super bulky durable types that are immovable much of the time. Guess I need a change of pace when playing games.

I most certainly have Fortress Res 3 and Vengeful Fighter 3 for some godawful reason. Probably Armor March 3 in the C slot and HP +5 as the Sacred Seal.

And I would definitely be a bow armor.

On 1/12/2018 at 5:13 PM, Rafiel's Aria said:

Self Inflicted Panic Ploy kind of sounds about right. Always freaking out because I’m my own worst enemy. Ironically, I’m a teacher, so I probably have Harsh Command which I can’t use on myself.

Harsh Command doesn't fix Panic, so it's not like it would help to target yourself anyways.

I put way to much thought into this

Title: Crestfallen Archer
Name: Phillius
Affinity: Bow
Movement Type: Armoured

Stats (5*)
HP- 39
Atk- 33
Spd- 35
Def- 30
Res- 36

Weapon (Phillius' Bow):
Mt: 14
Range: 2
Effect: Enables counterattack regardless of distance to attacker
SP: 400
Exclusive: Yes

Specials:
-Chilling Wind
-Glacies

Passives:
Fierce Breath
Vengeful Fighter

Sacred Seal
Close Def 3

I'm an unashamed tier-whore and the rest speaks for itself I imagine.

Savage Blow. When I get mean with my friends, everyone gets a taste. 

Drunk, Stoned or Stupid is (barely) a card game focused around insulting your fellow players to make the other players vote on who takes the insulting card in question. I asked my friend how seriously they take this game, intending to tone down my barbs, I was met with "No, they can handle it, say whatever you want!" We never played that game again, or at least they never played with me again. 

Hmm, the poll results as of now are interesting, if and only because no one has said no yet... which I guess is a good thing that people around here generally like the have some creative fun? Also some responses.

@eclipse

Spoiler

Cursed Lance and Fury 3 is pretty much the same... or you could have Cursed Lance, Fury 3, AND Self Poison Strike 3. After being attacked by a Pain+ user or Jaffar's Deadly Dagger (optionally with ANOTHER layer of Poison Strike 3)

You won't die, but literally everything sucks and it all happened so quickly that you didn't even catch what happened.

@bottlegnomes

Spoiler

Don't worry, you can still have Stillness. (They'll add it specifically for you) I did say that if a skill outside of FEH applies better (or if a skills functions that apply are in a different game) you can still have it.

@Ice Dragon

Spoiler

What kind of mage killer do you have your eyes set on...?

Or would you have Virion syndrome, having the skillset to counter mages and the resistance of a wet paper bag?

@Cornguy

Spoiler

You'd probably also have Pain+ if it was as bad as it sounds.

Maybe also Poison Strike 3 somehow.

@Usana

Spoiler

I actually kinda feel the same, except I also tend to decide to change EVERYTHING. In the context of games for instance, I could be a sniper WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY in the back, a helpless supporter, Running face first into the army ax flailing wildly, or behind you, in your shadow, breathing sinister laughter into the new hole I carve into my target. 

I'd probably have a personal Bow that decides whether it'll be 1 range, 2 range, or a staff based on rolling a dice.

Edited by Xenomata

51 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

What kind of mage killer do you have your eyes set on...?

Or would you have Virion syndrome, having the skillset to counter mages and the resistance of a wet paper bag?

I imagine myself to have balanced stats across the board with a bit more Res than Def. Something like Sheena with Def and Res swapped, probably.

The skills themselves were all chosen for flavor, though, and it just happened to turn into what it did. Any competent summoner should probably get rid of Fortress Res because 27 Atk is pretty terrible.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I imagine myself to have balanced stats across the board with a bit more Res than Def. Something like Sheena with Def and Res swapped, probably.

The skills themselves were all chosen for flavor, though, and it just happened to turn into what it did. Any competent summoner should probably get rid of Fortress Res because 27 Atk is pretty terrible.

Ah, that sounds somewhat reasonable actually. More competent than Virion anyways...

Actually, remembering as much as I can about discussions you've been involved in, Vengeful Fighter sounds quite perfect for you in effect if not in name. Makes me wonder how powerful @Vaximillian would be with Hone Logic 3 now...

Edited by Xenomata

Fury because i'm all around good at doing stuff when i finally stop procrastinating (so the stat buff) but I get worn down fast (the recoil). and Escape Route because when the going gets bad i'm always ready to run and hide somewhere and pretend problems don't exist ^o^ b 

18 hours ago, Cornguy said:

Savage Blow. When I get mean with my friends, everyone gets a taste. 

Drunk, Stoned or Stupid is (barely) a card game focused around insulting your fellow players to make the other players vote on who takes the insulting card in question. I asked my friend how seriously they take this game, intending to tone down my barbs, I was met with "No, they can handle it, say whatever you want!" We never played that game again, or at least they never played with me again. 

LOL. god this game sounds worse than Mario Kart at turning your friends into enemies

6 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

Fury because i'm all around good at doing stuff when i finally stop procrastinating (so the stat buff) but I get worn down fast (the recoil). and Escape Route because when the going gets bad i'm always ready to run and hide somewhere and pretend problems don't exist ^o^ b 

LOL. god this game sounds worse than Mario Kart at turning your friends into enemies

Apparently they had little issue with this game before I played with them. 

There were maybe three cards that I think I took too far and caused the issues haha. "Resting bitch face" was a card, and I got someone to earn it by pointing towards their FB page. They take a lot of "goth/emo" selfies.

I don't remember the names of the other two cards, I just remember my campaign for/against another player was that their clothes looked like their mom picked them out, and I pointed out that one guy's ex was dating another guy at the table. In my defense, I warned them that what I had to say was rough before bringing up the ex thing, and I was once again encouraged to "be as mean as I want".

To bring myself back on topic rather than just telling stories, I'd probably also have Vengeance or Reprisal. I have a bad habit of getting the last word in when arguing, progressively getting meaner and meaner the longer the argument drags on.

I'm sure I sound like a delight to be around. I assure you though, I love my friends and I'm nice to them way more often than mean to them. Felt the slight need to defend myself after dropping all that haha.