Selective FE8 PME

Dismissed

40 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Seth and Syrene switch places.

Eirika and Myyrh switch places, but Eirika's now promoted with adjusted base stats and the Sieglinde in her inventory.

I can do the latter one. To make Myrrh viable for the entire game, I'm making the Dragonstone indestructible. Also, here are some recolors spare portraits for new characters:

RXMftBY.pngYZuxwAt.png

The first one is a recolor of Joshua with a few tweaks to the hat with the color scheme of an ice cream man, and the second is a strange recolor of Ephidel based on a certain (not human) character from a certain form of media... (I have the unhooded version too on my laptop.)

Edited by Purple Mage

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Blades get +2 weight, -1 Might and 1-2 range. (Gives blades a niche for sword wielders)

Shall I rename blades into longswords? Seems fitting. Like the animation for 2-range will be the wielder having a "screw logic" moment and proceed to walk on nothingess to reach the foe their about to stab. I think that could work.

In both appearances Orson has 0 luck, 10 health and 12 speed but 30 defence, 40 resistance and 30 Strength. Alongside a personal lance in both appearances that is 1-3 range with 0 might, 50 hit, 70 crit and is unbreakable. You may want a hoplon guard when you fight him. :D

12 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

Shall I rename blades into longswords? Seems fitting. Like the animation for 2-range will be the wielder having a "screw logic" moment and proceed to walk on nothingess to reach the foe their about to stab. I think that could work.

That's great actually. I mainly choose blades for it because they really don't matter much otherwise.

Also, another edit idea because I couldn't think of one before I had to head out earlier:

Knoll gets replaced by Canas. Bases, growths, weapon ranks, affinity, all the gameplay stuff is Canas instead.

Edited by Dayni

8 hours ago, deskita said:

In both appearances Orson has 0 luck, 10 health and 12 speed but 30 defence, 40 resistance and 30 Strength. Alongside a personal lance in both appearances that is 1-3 range with 0 might, 50 hit, 70 crit and is unbreakable. You may want a hoplon guard when you fight him. :D

I think the cap of stats in the GBA games is 30, so it'll be 30 Res.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Knoll gets replaced by Canas. Bases, growths, weapon ranks, affinity, all the gameplay stuff is Canas instead.

That's cool. I prefer Canas over Knoll.

Make Marisa the dancer and Tethys the mymridon. You may adjust Tethys' base STR however you like (maybe +3).

Marisa should still be an enemy before you recruit her though.

• 2 weeks later...
On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 12:30 PM, TheMightyJacobo said:

All light magic gets +15 crit, but +1 weight.

Accepted.

12 hours ago, Armaada_J said:

Are you still accepting edits?

All bows are now 1-3 range a la Gaiden

Renam Moulder to "Boulder" and rename Orson to "JohnnyBadGuy"

Renaming Moulder into Boulder has been done in Mangs' FE8 PME. I'm not sure if I'll do it. Renaming Orson, I can do.

Also, I have an idea: Give Mage Knights access to Lances. If so, should they keep access to staves?

I'll take a crack at it:

Ranger Re-work:

- Change Ranger to Beastmaster

- Gains the summon command (change summons to the wolf monster sprite, can't remember the name. I don't know how much you can edit with summons, but if you can, change their weapons to the wolf's monster weapon. Optional: Give the summons the swordmaster crit bonus. Exclude if you feel it would be too powerful.)

- Neimi now starts as a LV.1 Beastmaster. Her starting items include an Iron Bow, Slim Sword, and Vulnerary. 

- Boost Neimi's growths by 5% strength, 10% defense, and 5% skill.

Ewan Re-work:

- Super Pupil renamed to Scholar. Starts with a weapon rank of C in Amina/Light/Dark, but looses access to staves. (I think super pupil could use staves, at least)

- Ewan now starts as a LV.3 Scholar. His starting items are Thunder, Shine, and Luna, plus a vulnerary.

- Boost his growths by 15% strength, and 10% speed.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weird idea:Make the ballisticians like artillery from Advance Wars. They have full 1-5 movement range and 2-3 (1-3?) range, but they can't move and attack in the same turn. Not sure if that's possible to implement, but I think it would be a cool take on the class.

12 minutes ago, Sarcastic_Yandere said:

Weird idea:Make the ballisticians like artillery from Advance Wars. They have full 1-5 movement range and 2-3 (1-3?) range, but they can't move and attack in the same turn. Not sure if that's possible to implement, but I think it would be a cool take on the class.

Although ballistae are supposed to be purely 3-10 range, I made some 1-2 and 1-3 ballistae so they wouldn't get shafted at close range. Plus, that move and attack thing, while it makes sense in Advance Wars, can't be implemented because 1.) That would make them less usable, and 2.) I suck at ASM.

Also, please post in the new topic here: