Henry: Twisted Mind

BANRYU

58 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I mentioned Dull-Ranged once, but I think it's probably because apparently Panic Ploy doesn't fully shutdown Blade Tomes...just something I heard. If that's not the case, Panic Ploy is just better in most cases.

Panic Ploy does shut down Litrblade. Litrblade only counts positive bonuses when applying its Atk bonus, so when the bonuses become negative due to Panic Ploy, Litrblade's effect is disabled.

Thank god. I remember a guy posting an image that apparently showed them taking a negative, but also keeping the buffs at the same time.

So yeah, makes sense he can beat Delthea in the calculator.

Sounds like Panic Ploy and Dull Ranged are best when not used together, since they kinda occupy the same niche. 

• Guard + Panic Ploy + QR
  • Dull Ranged + Infantry Pulse/other + QR

...although, I wonder if Infantry Pulse is even still worth mentioning now that Infantry Rush exists, and requires no such HP threshold. hmm. (It's more limited and difficult to obtain, granted, but still... seems like there are better options these days)

EDIT: 

Okay, so after some testing, here's what I'm thinking: 

• +Atk/-Spd with Def-refined Owl, Bonfire, CC, Guard, Panic Ploy and QR seem like they give the best results overall VS the 700+ list as well as the hard list (tested on the arcticsilverfox sim, this one-- tested with 1 S-ranked adjacent ally.). I'm thinking that will be the primary set, with other potential options slashed in. 
  • for solely ranged opponents, switching the IV to +Res seems to be the only factor that yields better results (with Guard outperforming Dull Ranged). As such, I feel like Dull Ranged is still a weaker option for the build, but will slash it as an option all the same. Surprisingly, AtkDef Bond yields much better results than AtkRes Bond against ranged foes; it definitely seems like the res-focused options really don't make much of a difference in his overall performance compared the Def-focused stuff.
  • All things considered, the build in the first bullet seems pretty straightforwardly like the best option, with slashes for +Res IV, Dull Ranged, and AtkDef Bond having some merits of their own. I'm having trouble seeing another build being worthwhile for him, save perhaps his budget build.
  • At this point, planning to go forward with the writeups for these two builds without much additional variation (IMO no point mentioning the candelabra when Owl is infinitely more accessible). 
Edited by BANRYU

51 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

At this point, planning to go forward with the writeups for these two builds without much additional variation (IMO no point mentioning the candelabra when Owl is infinitely more accessible). 

Have you checked Rauðrserpent and see how that fares? I know it is not released yet, but you can simulate it with Tomato Tome and give 0/0/6/6 Spurs. You do not have to do it now, but it might save you the hassle of doing it later.

Just forget about Dull-Ranged already. lol

+Def yields more results in a vacuum because of it’s damage output...Dragons are very much a thing, which is part of the reason it’s much stronger in practice. And again, super boon. An extra bang for your buck when you Def-refine.

On 7/17/2018 at 8:48 PM, XRay said:

Have you checked Rauðrserpent and see how that fares? I know it is not released yet, but you can simulate it with Tomato Tome and give 0/0/6/6 Spurs. You do not have to do it now, but it might save you the hassle of doing it later.

I'l probably add it as an option when it exists, but I don't see much reason to until then =3= I'm sure it'll be great when it does exist though, it basically performs like Owl tome when all allies are flanking without the need for them to do so, and without the offense boosts. 

On 7/18/2018 at 2:12 AM, Junkhead said:

Just forget about Dull-Ranged already. lol

+Def yields more results in a vacuum because of it’s damage output...Dragons are very much a thing, which is part of the reason it’s much stronger in practice. And again, super boon. An extra bang for your buck when you Def-refine.

I'm not too impressed with Dull Ranged myself, but some people like using it so I figure it can't hurt to leave it as a slash. 

As for +Def, I'm not seeing it getting better results than +Atk, tbh :o If you're Ignis-bombing folks after tanking a few rounds (definitely viable IMO), then it's probably what you want to go with, but as far as overall combat performance in general, the extra 3 points of Atk just give him better performance all around, and less reliance on his Special. After testing again I feel like I do have to recommend +Atk the most, though I'll definitely make mention of the benefits of +Res and +Def.

Allright, I think everything should be up to date with this boi. Let me know if I goofed anything up, but otherwise I think he's done. 

On 7/19/2018 at 12:13 PM, BANRYU said:

I'l probably add it as an option when it exists, but I don't see much reason to until then =3= I'm sure it'll be great when it does exist though, it basically performs like Owl tome when all allies are flanking without the need for them to do so, and without the offense boosts. 

The problem with Raudhrserpent is the fact that its effect only works against ranged units whereas Henry's success with Raudhrowl is due to the fact that it allows him to counter-kill melee-range units.

Funny enough, Fortress Def isn't as bad as it may seem on paper (granted, you're sacrificing magic bulk for it). At least the seal, that is. Been playing around with it, and the raw special damage output doesn't leave it too far behind of something like Atk/Def, while sustaining better durability against physicals and the quirk is that it allows you to maximise your special on Player Phase, assuming you didn't kill.

It's funny how the extra Def really stacks into Ignis.