What if Naga Julius and Loptyr Julia?

Jingle Jangle

After completing FE4 recently, one of possible idea that I had was that what if Julia has gotten the major Loptyr  and Julius has gotten the major Naga? Sort of what King Azmur wanted but Julia wasn't expected. I figured the story of the 2nd gen will go the same way, but Julia would have Ishtar as an underling. Not so sure who would be a romantic interest for this version of Julia.

8 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

After completing FE4 recently, one of possible idea that I had was that what if Julia has gotten the major Loptyr  and Julius has gotten the major Naga? Sort of what King Azmur wanted but Julia wasn't expected. I figured the story of the 2nd gen will go the same way, but Julia would have Ishtar as an underling. Not so sure who would be a romantic interest for this version of Julia.

It complicates Manfloy's plans because he's very dependent on Arvis' and Deidre's son inheriting the throne because the whole male preference for succession so the second half kind of falls apart.  But assuming that was the case, I would suspect it would have been in the Manfloy's/dark cult's interest to murder Naga Julius and make it look like an accident so Julia inherits the throne and they get rid of Heim's main blood line too.

Just now, Zasplach said:

It complicates Manfloy's plans because he's very dependent on Arvis' and Deidre's son inheriting the throne because the whole male preference for succession so the second half kind of falls apart.  But assuming that was the case, I would suspect it would have been in the Manfloy's/dark cult's interest to murder Naga Julius and make it look like an accident so Julia inherits the throne and they get rid of Heim's main blood line too.

Remember that Arvis was still the Emperor, but only in name. Julia would have controlled the land while still being called the princess. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Remember that Arvis was still the Emperor, but only in name. Julia would have controlled the land while still being called the princess. 

Except she wouldn't have been given the deference or leeway that Julius was given.  He's the heir, no matter what and the reason why the loyal members of the empire who aren't dark cultist follows him is because is father is only emperor in name, mostly a regent.  Julius, through his mother and his maleness is the one true emperor basically on his birth and his grandfather's death.  Julia's not going to be able to boss around dukes, kings, priests, soldiers and the like if she's the the heir, she's an extra at best.

Just now, Zasplach said:

Except she wouldn't have been given the deference or leeway that Julius was given.  He's the heir, no matter what and the reason why the loyal members of the empire who aren't dark cultist follows him is because is father is only emperor in name, mostly a regent.  Julius, through his mother and his maleness is the one true emperor basically on his birth and his grandfather's death.  Julia's not going to be able to boss around dukes, kings, priests, soldiers and the like if she's the the heir, she's an extra at best.

In which case, there could be some changes that is made. Or for example, have Arvis declare the successor will be Julia's husband. That way Julia can marry someone that she personally likes (like how Julius liked Ishtar), marry them, and still keep the power while ruling the land. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

In which case, there could be some changes that is made. Or for example, have Arvis declare the successor will be Julia's husband. That way Julia can marry someone that she personally likes (like how Julius liked Ishtar), marry them, and still keep the power while ruling the land. 

Except for Arvis wasn't a cultist, he was just cowed into marrying his sister for the throne and then they made an anti-Christ by accident, but Julius was already his son and his heir so he was basically stuck with him.  All of his lines at the end basically tell us Arvis is sorry that Julius is emperor, he wouldn't have gone out of his way to make Julia emperor just because she had Loptsou holy blood.  In fact, he may have been able to get rid of her easier by marrying her off far away, nobody would have questioned marrying her to Arion or someone far away. 

Just now, Zasplach said:

Except for Arvis wasn't a cultist, he was just cowed into marrying his sister for the throne and then they made an anti-Christ by accident, but Julius was already his son and his heir so he was basically stuck with him.  All of his lines at the end basically tell us Arvis is sorry that Julius is emperor, he wouldn't have gone out of his way to make Julia emperor just because she had Loptsou holy blood.  In fact, he may have been able to get rid of her easier by marrying her off far away, nobody would have questioned marrying her to Arion or someone far away. 

I doubt it. Remember that Arvis couldn't ever oppose Julius because Loptyr was too powerful, as he had tried to exile Julius once, and was given a painful punishment as a result. In which case, he would obey Julia in saying that the successor will be that. As the ruling emperor, Arvis would in fact have every right to declare how the succession works despite how naturally, the heir would be Julius. After all, Seliph would in fact be the true heir to the throne, but because Arvis became the emperor, it was more declared that Julius was to be the emperor. The fact is, Arvis ended up becoming the puppet ruler with little will. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I doubt it. Remember that Arvis couldn't ever oppose Julius because Loptyr was too powerful, as he had tried to exile Julius once, and was given a painful punishment as a result. In which case, he would obey Julia in saying that the successor will be that. As the ruling emperor, Arvis would in fact have every right to declare how the succession works despite how naturally, the heir would be Julius. After all, Seliph would in fact be the true heir to the throne, but because Arvis became the emperor, it was more declared that Julius was to be the emperor. The fact is, Arvis ended up becoming the puppet ruler with little will. 

I think you're misdiagnosing what's going on with them.  Here's King Azmur's word to Arvis in ch. 5 “Lord Naga’s lineage through Saint Heim must not be allowed to perish! I want the two of you to bear a son as soon as possible! If the child inherits the power of Naga, he shall be Prince of Grannvale. And once I pass on he’ll become the King of Grannvale. Lord Arvis, until the boy is old enough to rule, you shall be the provisional king. Do raise him well. I hope you understand all of what I’ve told you. (cough.. Ah…ack..)”.  

The King's will has him as provisional ruler, his son by all rights is king, Arvis rules in his son's stead and succession is all through Deidre.  Just like if Deidre had born only daughters and died and Arvis remarried and had sons, Deidre's daughters would have had priority for succession, probably their husbands.  And while Julius doesn't inherit Naga's literal power he does inherit Naga through his mother.  Seliph really isn't a legitimate child of Deidre , he's more like a bastard who swooped in and through might took the throne and sort of messed up the holy blood arraignment. Deidre's marriage to Arvis is here only legitimate one.  Arvis is a puppet at the end because Julius is nearing his coming of age or has suprassed it and should begin his rule as King/Emperor.  Yeah the whole evil cult expedites Arvis getting dead and getting kicked out, but the succession plan laid out by the rightful King Azmur would have had a Naga imbibed Julius inheriting the throne about the time Seliph is ready to fight.  

1 minute ago, Zasplach said:

I think you're misdiagnosing what's going on with them.  Here's King Azmur's word to Arvis in ch. 5 “Lord Naga’s lineage through Saint Heim must not be allowed to perish! I want the two of you to bear a son as soon as possible! If the child inherits the power of Naga, he shall be Prince of Grannvale. And once I pass on he’ll become the King of Grannvale. Lord Arvis, until the boy is old enough to rule, you shall be the provisional king. Do raise him well. I hope you understand all of what I’ve told you. (cough.. Ah…ack..)”.  

The King's will has him as provisional ruler, his son by all rights is king, Arvis rules in his son's stead and succession is all through Deidre.  Just like if Deidre had born only daughters and died and Arvis remarried and had sons, Deidre's daughters would have had priority for succession, probably their husbands.  And while Julius doesn't inherit Naga's literal power he does inherit Naga through his mother.  Seliph really isn't a legitimate child of Deidre , he's more like a bastard who swooped in and through might took the throne and sort of messed up the holy blood arraignment. Deidre's marriage to Arvis is here only legitimate one.  Arvis is a puppet at the end because Julius is nearing his coming of age or has suprassed it and should begin his rule as King/Emperor.  Yeah the whole evil cult expedites Arvis getting dead and getting kicked out, but the succession plan laid out by the rightful King Azmur would have had a Naga imbibed Julius inheriting the throne about the time Seliph is ready to fight.  

Can it be considered a real marriage when technically Deirdre was originally married to Sigurd? They were married and they did have Seliph. That would actually make her marriage with Arvis void more or less. So Seliph is not a bastard at all. 

Also, were there any witnesses with Arvis there? It was just Arvis and the king. Plus, the point remains in that Julia would be intending to get rid of Julius, and the cult are still manipulating things behind the scene. No one knew that Arvis became just a puppet ruler until later. So regardless on the entire power struggle thing, Julia as the Loptyr host would still be the one in charge, and Arvis cannot stop her either way.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Can it be considered a real marriage when technically Deirdre was originally married to Sigurd? They were married and they did have Seliph. That would actually make her marriage with Arvis void more or less. So Seliph is not a bastard at all. 

Also, were there any witnesses with Arvis there? It was just Arvis and the king. Plus, the point remains in that Julia would be intending to get rid of Julius, and the cult are still manipulating things behind the scene. No one knew that Arvis became just a puppet ruler until later. So regardless on the entire power struggle thing, Julia as the Loptyr host would still be the one in charge, and Arvis cannot stop her either way.

Women's marriages (in traditional medieval society) were only considered legitimate if their family assented to it.  The marriage was legitimate for Sigurd, but Deidre's grandfather and father didn't assent to the marriage, but Deidre's marriage to Arvis was assented to by King Azmur, her male guardian.  Obviously the whole mind erasure thing complicates the legal and personal matters, but by all rights Seliph is at best an heir to Baldo, but seems like a dubious heir to Heim. 

Deidre witnessed this statement and only really stupid kings didn't leave wills attesting to their desire for inheritance, especially when the inheritance of your throne was in question(Azmur has no son and a granddaughter of dubious means) and Azmur doesn't seem stupid to me and he knows he's dying. 

Most of Julius' power still comes from loyal members of the empire following his orders, the cult was useful, but most of the people who do his bidding, Ishtar, Blume, Dannan, Hilda are just 'bad people' not cultists, they do his bidding because he's the true emperor and they want to be in his good graces.  Loptyr Julia is a malignant force to be sure, but if Julius still lives, her means of inheritance are extremely limited and she likely wouldn't have had the support to rest power from her father.  Besides, a Naga Julius likely could have helped his father usher Julia away while Naga Julia has limited means in the political realm as long as her father and brother still hold so much power.

51 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

If Julia was the antagonist instead of Julius, I'm pretty sure she would have been planned on marrying to possibly one of the young male antagonists that be related to the male Generation 1's antagonist fathers (both Lombard and Reptor, the grandfathers, Andrey as the father, or someone who was involved in the battle) that were killed by Sigurd's army like either Brian, Scipio, or make a brand new young male antagonist that we haven't seen. I'm pretty sure Ishtore wouldn't accept it since he did have a crush with his tactician Liza. But, I don't know how will Ishtar's fate will be in Generation 2, I'm pretty sure she will most likely be a major boss to follow in her father's footsteps or she could become a playable character if Julius isn't the antagonist.

Edited by King Marth 64

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, overall, Julia being the Loptyr vessel complicates things for the plot due to inheritance issues. However, I am pretty sure that Julia would have made something work for her benefit as Loptyr.

Now I think about it, did they ever mentioned in the game or Fire Emblem related media about Julius is the older twin while Julia is younger twin. Or did they said Julius is the younger twin and Julia is the older twin?

Just now, King Marth 64 said:

Now I think about it, did they ever mentioned in the game or Fire Emblem related media about Julius is the older twin while Julia is younger twin. Or did they said Julius is the younger twin and Julia is the older twin?

Nope. They never said it. However, I'll go out on a limb and assume JUlius is the older twin, just cause he's male. They tend to do that.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Nope. They never said it. However, I'll go out on a limb and assume JUlius is the older twin, just cause he's male. They tend to do that.

But, a male twin brother if he has a twin sister aren't technically make any male twins older than the twin sister younger. I do have a two friends that he and she are both twins, her sister did said that she actually older than him from birth. I don't know making Julius actually older since he appeared to be more taller in the Trading Card Games than Julia, but I do know that Mario and Luigi are twins. Mario is technically older than Luigi, but Luigi is taller than Mario.

I don't know how the Holy Blood thing actually works if you have both parents have major holy blood since Seliph did have major Baldr blood and a minor Naga blood (but he doesn't have a Loptyr blood) since Sigurd has major Baldr and Deirdre has major Naga blood with minor Loptyr blood and Arvis did have major Fjalar blood with minor Loptyr blood (but he doesn't have a Naga blood), Saias did get major Fjalar blood with minor Loptyr blood since Arvis needs a child to wield the Valflame while he did married Deirdre that gained Julius to gain major Loptyr blood and Julia to have major Naga blood with minor Fjalar blood (but she doesn't have a Loptyr blood). I don't know if could Julia could techniqually qualifies as older while Julius is the youngest since Arvis and Deirdre has both minor Loptyr blood, if one of the two has the same minor holy blood (or one with major and the other is minor) that can make the child or more to have a major holy blood. I do know that it did happened to the other Generation 2 children since Lene and Coirpre can both have major holy blood of Blaggi if Sylvia was paired with Claud and Ulster and Larcei can have major holy blood of Odo if Ayra was paired with Chulainn.

I'm pretty sure Julia could be younger if she could have gotten the Loptyr blood instead of the Naga blood and Juluis could be older than her by standards if that happens.

Edit: I forgot about adding Rowan and Lianna from Fire Emblem Warriors since they are actual twins, they did have made Rowan the younger twin brother and Lianna is the older twin sister.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, Zasplach said:

Women's marriages (in traditional medieval society) were only considered legitimate if their family assented to it.  The marriage was legitimate for Sigurd, but Deidre's grandfather and father didn't assent to the marriage, but Deidre's marriage to Arvis was assented to by King Azmur, her male guardian.  Obviously the whole mind erasure thing complicates the legal and personal matters, but by all rights Seliph is at best an heir to Baldo, but seems like a dubious heir to Heim. 

Deirdre didn't know she had male family alive, nor did they know she was alive. This wouldn't give Seliph a strong claim to Granvallian royalty regardless, since as far as he knew, Sigurd married a common woman Deirdre, not a Princess Deirdre, and ultimately the reigning monarch holds the power over the succession. Bastard child might not be the exact choice of words here since the situation is so unreal (I don't think Medieval Europe ever had to deal with lost princesses who were the only living heirs to a kingdom being found later after they had kids and then were mindwiped and forced to remarry with new kids resulting), more "innocent accident".

But yes, one quick assassination framed on someone else or branded an "accident/illness" would solve the problem with getting Loptyr!Julia on the throne. Manfroy knows how to manipulate and assassinate in Gen 1, a little more use of the Lithe Loptyr Lethality Legion and suddenly Julius is no more. Or Deidre warps her son away while she dies. Either way Azmur's ideal heir is gone, and there are no more males of Naga blood save that exempted rebel son. Some Medieval European countries were okay with regnant Queens, and if not, Manfroy could take advantage of the male succession crisis and force Julia on the throne. Not that much force if any would really be needed since the Grannvalian nobility was dispatched (Chalphy, Edda, Jungby) and or culled into servitude (Freege, Dozel, Jungby, Velthomer) in the 1st Gen.

Of course if Julia and Julius swapped places, what would replace the old Julia-Seliph relationship? Don't tell me gaycest (although it isn't an issue genetically speaking, so it beats heterosexual incest in that regard). Rescuing Julius from a castle if he got KO'ed would be a bit funny. I guess they could take a friendship secretly brotherhood angle. Or we could just get Selipha (I'd accept only if it came with Lewyna; more games need a Body Swap mode).

1 hour ago, Zasplach said:

Besides, a Naga Julius likely could have helped his father usher Julia away while Naga Julia has limited means in the political realm as long as her father and brother still hold so much power.

Assuming Arvis realized he married his sister and gave birth to Lady Satan before Little Miss Hell sent her brother to the afterlife. If he doesn't, there goes that idea. Did he realize that with Julius as is?

I think I remember GFAQs having something of a topic like this once. But it devolved into someone's personal fanfict and really didn't address this question too much.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 hours ago, hanhnn said:

Because only the untranslated version has this information.

You know, in English, they tend to ignore who is the younger or older sibling.

I think they more mean that you posting a screen shot in Japanese is completely meaningless to us. You need to actually tell us what the screenshot says.

On topic, I'm pretty sure there's a Japanese hack that takes this exact premise and runs with it. I vaguely remember seeing a red eyed Julia sprite. I think this might be the one. Ah. Found it. It's called Genealogy of Tordo.

(Julia looks evil but Julius still looks like a smug git)

Edited by Jotari

6 hours ago, hanhnn said:

Because only the untranslated version has this information.

You know, in English, they tend to ignore who is the younger or older sibling.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I think they more mean that you posting a screen shot in Japanese is completely meaningless to us. You need to actually tell us what the screenshot says.

Pretty much this. I can't read Japanese, so showing me a screenshot tells me nothing. Hence why I asked for a translation.

All of this talk of Empress Julia complications got me thinking: what if the holy bloods changed but the roles stayed the same?

Spoiler

First, there's the new problem of Loptyr Julia getting to and fitting in with Seliph's group. My guess? Julia's Major Loptyr status would be discovered by the royal family, which as we all know in Grannvale is a death sentence. Deirdre could take Julia and run away while Julius and Arvis remain in Belhalla and claim they died of a mysterious illness. This foils Manfroy's plan to get a Loptyr vessel on the throne and forces him to flee as well, with the threat of persecution looming over them. It's unlikely Arvis would survive because chances are the Loptyr cult would expose him on their way out, leading to his own execution. Now the orphaned Julius has the Grannvale Empire on his shoulders alone, his half-brother Saias serving as an advisor with the other houses jockeying for power. If Saias was not born clean of Loptyr blood then he and Julius would cover it up, because he's the only family Julius has left and the heir to Velthomer.

With his initial plan ruined Manfroy tries to salvage the situation, chasing down Deirdre and Julia to make her the Loptyr vessel by force. Deirdre eventually runs into Forsetti!Lewyn, who agrees to take her under her care after explaining the situation. She then confronts Manfroy to buy them time and cover their tracks, and dies trying. Manfroy is at first confused to find no Julia, but then realizes what happened and concocts a new plan. Contented, he slips into hiding, his main concern for now being the cult's preservation.

Now here's where things get interesting. Seliph and his companions would still be at odds with the Grannvale Empire due to being the family of traitors, but they're no longer fighting Grannvalians misguided by Loptyrians pulling strings. Instead, Julius would be solely motivated by the desire to eliminate a illegitimate half-brother that might usurp him, with the old feuds, political corruption, and possibly Grannvale supremacist views carried over from Gen 1 covering the rest. Iuchar and Iucharba would defect purely due to their father's crimes, no child hunts this time around; and the Loptyr presence would be limited to their holdout in Yied. Julius would start out as a benevolent ruler but have his morals dragged down as he grows more desperate to stop Seliph. He'd be trapped at Grannvale to keep things under control: with his father being a Loptyr cultist someone might try to steal the people's sympathies with a silver tongue if he left for too long. Ishtar and Saias become his only comforts, his relationship with the former a lot more genuine despite Hilda's political games.

And what about Julia? She joins Seliph's party the same as before, with the intention being to give her as normal a life as possible. She and Seliph bond over this shared desire and she falls in love with him, but cannot be with him with the threat of continuing the Loptyr bloodline. In fact, she'd be forbidden to marry and procreate for the same reason as her mother, but she takes it seriously. This would be reflected in-game by her having a fixed Love Points value with Seliph, a base of 0 with everyone else, and a hardcoded exclusion from any form of LP gain. Nobody but perhaps Seliph would know of her cursed bloodline. Her class would either stay the same or become Mage, depending on whether she has minor Heim or Vala blood; either way, no Dark magic. Finally, if she dies it's game over, period.

At some point her story would take a turn for the worst, however, as she unknowingly receives the Book of Loptyr. In his absence Manfroy tracked down and killed Lewyn, then turned his body into a Deadlord puppet to give Julia a "surprise gift" which is the tome disguised by a false cover and binding. She doesn't even get to open it before Loptyr's spirit infects her mind. It doesn't overtly possess her though; instead it lets her be her "normal self" to stay hidden within Seliph's group. Some of her lines are a bit off, but Seliph cannot give it much attention with the war escalating. The Book of Loptyr does not show up in her inventory.

The story progresses much the same until Chapter 10 and Final. Loptyr bosses are replaced with other Grannvale envoys and there are no Dark Mages among enemy ranks, although they may occasionally appear as rogue factions. Julius and Ishtar make a stand in Miletos as usual, except this time you have to KO Ishtar or face a steeper death toll than just one. Good luck killing Naga Julius after all. Saias covers for them while they're gone and then makes his last stand at Chalpy, his death pushing Julius off the deep end. At the climax Julius is fought alongside Ishtar and the Weissen Ritter, and this is where things get muddy. Does Julia out herself as Loptyr during the conflict, or does she wait until they somehow have Julius on his deathbed? Things get complicated and depending on the course would demand a Deus ex Machina, but it would certainly result in Julia's death and likely one of Seliph or Julius would join her. A Loptyr faction led by Manfroy would likely invade from the northeast too, taking Velthomer (as usual) as a base.

The ending has a couple possibilities depending on how the finale goes down:
A) For the best ending, Seliph and Julius would make peace with one another and take down Loptyr together. They vow to build a better relationship as half-brothers and with the other continents, as their sister would have wanted. Ishtar might live through this ending, and for the most saccharine ending possible Naga could revive Julia clear of holy blood.
B) Alternatively, the army somehow kills Julius (and probably Ishtar), leaving the throne to be inherited by Seliph. Business as usual, except with Julia and the Naga heir dead it would be more heavy-hearted.
C) Lastly, it's entirely possible that Seliph is killed by either Julius or Julia, and then Julius and Seliph's army is left to pick up the pieces. He then makes peace with the rebels, pardons them, and allows them to inherit the leaderless lands. This is Ishtar's best chance at survival For the darkest ending in perhaps the franchise Loptyr could kill or control Seliph's comrades before they can defect to Julius.

Don't ask me how this affects Thracia 776, I can only do one game at a time x_x

I'm sure a Loptyr Julia would be easier for Manfroy to influence since being both female and not the heir would lead to her not being so tightly guarded as the crown prince. Thracia 776 had Ishtar refuse to let the Loptyrians get close to a sick Julius and seek the help of Cyas. Short of the emperor himself, Julia in this world wouldn't have an Ishtar to look after her and keep away the Shadow Dragon worshipers.

On the flip-side, being both female and not the heir would lead to her not having the authority to sanction child hunts (at least not without her papa and brother overruling her) and otherwise enable the atrocities we see the Loptyrians and their shills carry out. The Loptyrians acted how they did in the 2nd Gen since they knew that the Emperor wouldn't touch them and the heir apparent backed them. A world where the crown prince carries the sacred blood of Naga and the carrier of the dark lord's is but a girl who isn't even the heir would throw a wrench in their plans. Arvis might actually be more willing to throw his weight around against them with Julius backing him. SOOO, I predict that we wouldn't get the open Child Hunts, the Dark Mages cowing Imperal officers we have in canon Judgral with Naga Julius as crown prince.

Of course, that assumes Julius lives long enough to reach the time-frame of the Second Generation. I predict that Manfroy would work to remove Julius from the picture as soon as he notices that the boy isn't Loptyr reborn, but is Naga reborn. Manfroy could arrange an early death for the prince, or otherwise make sure he's incapacitated once he's sure Julia's the Lopyr Child and her mark appears. Maybe in this world, the attack that happened to Naga Julia in canon happened to Naga Julius with Manfroy backing Loptyr Julia. Perhaps Manfroy's aid was able to tip the scales so that not just Deirdre, but Julius also dies from their efforts. I'm assuming that Manfroy would have some way to cover their tracks so that Arvis couldn't surely demonstrate that they were behind the deaths of his wife and son. He just might be broken enough that Manfroy's faction could carry on their plots in the empire with assurance that the emperor wouldn't interfere and the princess has their backs.

A factor brought up earlier but not getting too much consideration here is the marriage one. Being the princess of the empire, Loptyr Julia would be the continent's most eligible bachelorette. The option of Arvis marrying her off to keep her from starting trouble was thrown out, but I'm not sure that'd work out. There's also the question of whether this happens when Naga Julius is around or not. If he isn't and Arvis is broken enough then Julia could just make a challenge of being the one man worthy to marry her.

54 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'd like to think it probable that Manfroy would arrange for Naga!Julius to be killed, but deep down I know he'd screw everything up by needlessly trying to mind control him!

The accept theory is that Manfroy wanted to make the others suffer, and maybe for some part, it's true. But I'd personally like to believe that its because Julia might resemble a bit like Manfroy's daughter and/or granddaughter.