Beautiful Hero Battle: Oliver

SatsumaFSoysoy

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Ice Dragon wouldn't Blarwolf work better against Reinhardt? At least Oliver would need less buffs. 

Blarwolf is less budget-friendly because the only source right now is Ursula, and you can only get a maximum of 5 copies of her. Blarwolf's 6 Mt is also pretty terrible without upgrading to Blarwolf+ or Keen Blarwolf+ and makes it less useful for non-cavalry opponents, whereas 4-star Blarblade is plenty usable without the need for Blarblade+. Sure, you need more buffs if you're running Blarblade instead of Blarwolf for Reinhardt in particular, but it's not like buffs are hard to come by these days.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I completed Infernal after a few tries using standard methods.  Though, I usually attempt the map a few more times afterwards for optimization / interesting strats (and to burn some stamina).  

UB9WRjj.png

So... the strat that I used, as shown in the images above, is a variation of one of my favourite enemy phase set ups that exploits enemy movement order and positioning (which I may do a write-up on in the not-so-near future).

In the left image,

• The green dragon attacks Fae first and survives.
  • Because of position of the blue lance cav, the red mage attacks Raigh and gets ORKO'd on counter-attack.
  • Blue Lance Cav suicides on Fae.

In the right image,

• Green dragon attacks Titania, survives.
  • Red mage gets rekt by a max Goad/Ward/Spur/Support/Owl'd Ursula
  • Blue Lance Cav suicides on Titania.

The following clean up was simple as the four remaining units can be picked off easily.  I tried other combinations such as Raven/Kagero and Anna/Fjorm... and it works as long as the green unit ORKO's the blue cav on enemy phase.  Kagero and Fjorm don't quite OHKO/ORKO the red mage unless the have the appropriate skills / support; though this doesn't affect the movement order.

Anyhow, the video featuring Raigh and Fae is in the spoilers below...

Spoiler

Team + Relevant things:

• Raigh+1 [+Spd/-HP] - (Raighblade+ / (As) / (Sp) / Fury 3 / Renewal 3 / Hone Spd 3 / Spd+3)
  • Fae+2 [+Atk/-HP] - (Lightning Breath (Spd) / (As) / (Sp) / Fury 3 / Renewal 3 / Spur Atk 3 / Spur Spd 3)
  • Eirika [+Spd/-HP] - (Sieglinde / Repos. / (Sp) / (A) / (B) / Hone Spd 3 / Fort Def 1)... Reposition/Buff bot
  • Eldigan+4 [+Spd/-HP] - Reposition... though mostly here to look good.

------------------------------------------------

Bonus No SI Askr Clear (Fjorm, Alphonse, Sharena, Anna) using the enemy phase set up as shown above.

Spoiler

Edited by ExKalibur

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Blarwolf is less budget-friendly because the only source right now is Ursula, and you can only get a maximum of 5 copies of her. Blarwolf's 6 Mt is also pretty terrible without upgrading to Blarwolf+ or Keen Blarwolf+ and makes it less useful for non-cavalry opponents, whereas 4-star Blarblade is plenty usable without the need for Blarblade+. Sure, you need more buffs if you're running Blarblade instead of Blarwolf for Reinhardt in particular, but it's not like buffs are hard to come by these days.

I don't have problems to sacrifice all copies except one of most units. But you are right with the general usability of Blarblade. I'm only hesitant to give slow units that tome, I would make Oliver rather a very specific counter. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't have problems to sacrifice all copies except one of most units. But you are right with the general usability of Blarblade. I'm only hesitant to give slow units that tome, I would make Oliver rather a very specific counter. 

There's also just the fact that it's a waste to transfer Blarwolf to another unit without also transferring Blarwolf+, meaning it's going to cost you 20,000 feathers for the promotion. Blarblade, on the other hand, can be transferred without the need for a promotion because you can always wait for another copy of Odin to show up to promote later for Blarblade+ (and you're probably transferring Moonbow with the first Odin anyways, which will end up taking all 3 Skill Inheritance slots).

The female mages take down Oliver’s GHB. Using a team of Genny, Taitilu, Katarina, and Julia, I completed the GHB. Julia continues to show how useful she is for me, tanking the green manakete and Oliver, which then leads into some chaseing.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's also just the fact that it's a waste to transfer Blarwolf to another unit without also transferring Blarwolf+, meaning it's going to cost you 20,000 feathers for the promotion. Blarblade, on the other hand, can be transferred without the need for a promotion because you can always wait for another copy of Odin to show up to promote later for Blarblade+ (and you're probably transferring Moonbow with the first Odin anyways, which will end up taking all 3 Skill Inheritance slots).

True, I wasted to many copies of her just for Death Blow 2. My last remaining spare copy will give the +variant of her tome to someone. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Ice Dragon wouldn't Blarwolf work better against Reinhardt? At least Oliver would need less buffs. 

effective against I'm pretty sure has less might than a fully buffed blade set.

even I wont act like micaiah can one shot rein with thani. 

edit: oops, forgot there was another page, pay me no mind.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Been using other units besides my Horse Emblem team for Infernal GHB. It feels good.

I ended up completing it with:

• 5*+0 Sothe [+HP -DEF]: Peshkatz / None / Draconic Aura / L&D 3 / Desperation 3 / Spur Atk&Spd 2 / SPD+3
  • 5*+0 Fjorm [Neutral]:  Leiptr / Reposition / Ice Mirror / Atk&Def Bond 3 / Shield Pulse 3 / Drive Atk 2 / Close Counter 2
  • 5*+0 PA!Azura [+ATK -HP]: Urðr / Sing / Moonbow / TA 3 / WoM 3 / Drive Res 3 / HP+5
  • 5*+1 M!Robin [+ATK -RES]: Blárraven+ / Reposition / Bonfire / TA 2 / Lancebreaker 3 / Drive Spd 2 / Distant Counter 2

Took some fiddling around with movement and positioning. Used Sothe to debuff and buff primarily, used Fjorm to tank, Azura to sing and Robin to pick off weakened enemies. Had to basically play hit and run when Oliver and that Green Mage was left. Have to say that Drive skills are becoming my favorites in the game; made a lot of the battle possible.

All in all, it was relatively easy.

Edited by saisymbolic
grammar and punctuation

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oliver isn't a bag of skills. He's Oliver. Similarly, the developers have no obligation to give out free skill fodder in the first place.

I never said the devs have any such obligations, it would just be nice if he came with better skills for SI to get some value out of him, especially considering that it takes some work to make him useful, as you've shown (you had to use Deflect Magic 3 despite his high Res anyways). Also players have 2-3 Reinhardt counters at this point, who can take on the Rein without as much work needed so what's the point. Other Blue mages could also make work of him easily, and the most common mages Nino and Cecilia just eat him for breakfast, making it dangerous for him to appear on the arena, unless he can slay Red sword units by withstanding more than two hits or being able to one shot them at the very least (this I would like to know about).  

Edited by Ae†her

2 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

(you had to use Deflect Magic 3 despite his high Res anyways)

I also showed that his default Atk Ploy 3 works just as well.

3 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Also players have 2-3 Reinhardt counters at this point, who can take on the Rein without as much work needed so what's the point.

Arena Assault exists. Ideally, you'd want to have 7 Reinhardt counters.

4 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Other Blue mages could also make work of him easily, and the most common mages Nino and Cecilia just eat him for breakfast, making it dangerous for him to appear on the arena,

Using "Nino and Cecilia beat the shit out of Oliver" is a poor argument to try to make a unit sound bad. Zelgius gets utterly destroyed by Reinhardt, who is most likely the most common or second most common Arena defense unit in the game. Brave Lyn gets demolished by pretty much everything that manages to initiate combat against her. That doesn't make either of them bad.

8 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

unless he can slay Red sword units by withstanding more than two hits or being able to one shot them at the very least (this I would like to know about).  

You can do the calculations yourself, you know.

The sword unit with the highest single-hit magic bulk at +0 (neutral nature) is Zephiel at 79 magic bulk. A blue unit needs 66 Atk to one-hit kill.

Oliver with Blarblade+ and his default Mirror Strike 2 with no buffs has 49 Atk, meaning he needs 17 more points of Atk from buffs to one-hit kill Zephiel. That's +4/4/2/3.

With Death Blow 3 instead, he needs 15 points of Atk from buffs, so +4/4/0/3.

With Triangle Adept 3, he needs 12 points of Atk from buffs, so +4/4/0/0 or +3/4/0/2.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I also showed that his default Atk Ploy 3 works just as well.

That's after promoting him to 5 star rarity, that's still huge investment, more so than just getting Deflect Magic 3.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Arena Assault exists. Ideally, you'd want to have 7 Reinhardt counters.

Actually I was saying 2-3 because that's generally the most amount you need for AA. Ideally you do want to have 7, but Oliver isn't even in the top 7 for easy investments I'd say.

Just now, Ae†her said:

That's after promoting him to 5 star rarity, that's still huge investment, more so than just getting Deflect Magic 3.

Then use Atk Ploy 2. Taking 2 more damage isn't going to kill Oliver.

1 minute ago, Ae†her said:

Actually I was saying 2-3 because that's generally the most amount you need for AA. Ideally you do want to have 7, but Oliver isn't even in the top 7 for easy investments I'd say.

He is if you don't have anyone else. Nino and Cecilia are the only green tome users that can be summoned at 3-star rarity, and Cecilia and Robin are the only green tome users that can be obtained for free.

I realized that I can do solo on infernal with Sheena, but somehow it does not feel much like an archivement, because a +10 Sheena (mine is +7) is nothing uncommon.
One day I will find my own Underdog who will shine. I'm still proud of sheena, even if some important skills are missing for her true potential.

I truly gave her some rare skills for a f2p Player. But thanks to salty Christmas banner she still walks around with QR2...

Edited by Stroud

On 14/1/2018 at 12:54 PM, Zeo said:

Hard and Lunatic was child's play with my Matthew team. Infernal gave me a little trouble and I got impatient after a couple failures so I beat it with Reinhardt/B!Lyn/Olivia/Nino.

...Then I got annoyed and knew I could beat it with my main team, so I tried again. @Soul~! @Hilda @mcsilas @eclipse @Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria @Nosmur @Rezzy @DefaultBeep @Kaden @Johann

I finally remembered how to record again. This is what my Matthew is capable of. And this is why I don't go -RES.

That Matthew is a real beast tho.

Just congrats and wp!

@Zeo @mcsilas @DarkLordIvy @Rezzy Random mass-tagging of people? First time I guess. XD I decided to go ahead and do it since I finished all of my monthly quests, and I don't have a reason to use stamina until the mini-Tempest begins. I don't think it's a "true" solo since I kind of use my dancers to bait the AI a few times, but I managed to get Lucius to KO everyone in Infernal! Plus...I mean, Lucius is also the closest thing we have to a heron aesthetically at the moment, so it fits!

I really wanna meme out and build Oliver, but... what do? Seems easy to say Blarraven, but what exactly is he luring in? He takes heavy damage from bows anyways, and I don't even know what Red Mages appear anymore...

Blarowl???

14 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

This is how I did it for Infernal, with no seals and minimal SI:

https://youtu.be/PcR3haxzXFs

EDIT: how do you imbed a video on this site?

Usually when I wanna post a video here, I just post the mini link (the one that Creator Studio gives you) and it automatically converts the link to a video that plays in the post. I'm not sure if there's a setting that stops that or if the link you provided doesn't auto-convert. I also don't know if there are limitations on mobile.

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I really wanna meme out and build Oliver, but... what do? Seems easy to say Blarraven, but what exactly is he luring in? He takes heavy damage from bows anyways, and I don't even know what Red Mages appear anymore...

Blarowl???

Usually when I wanna post a video here, I just post the mini link (the one that Creator Studio gives you) and it automatically converts the link to a video that plays in the post. I'm not sure if there's a setting that stops that or if the link you provided doesn't auto-convert. I also don't know if there are limitations on mobile.

I recorded with QuickTime (iPad to Mac, just plug in, open up the built in program, click record, done). 

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Zeo @mcsilas @DarkLordIvy @Rezzy Random mass-tagging of people? First time I guess. XD I decided to go ahead and do it since I finished all of my monthly quests, and I don't have a reason to use stamina until the mini-Tempest begins. I don't think it's a "true" solo since I kind of use my dancers to bait the AI a few times, but I managed to get Lucius to KO everyone in Infernal! Plus...I mean, Lucius is also the closest thing we have to a heron aesthetically at the moment, so it fits!

I'm surprised Oliver doesn't surrender and recruit himself once he sees Lucius' beauty.

17 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Def Ploy 3 is like 10 times more useful than that lol. Mirror Strike is not particularly good or very useful most of the time. They should've made Oliver's Atk Ploy 3 available at 4 Star rarity, but instead IS kinda gave us a useless blue mage. I say he's useless because A) he's blue and that doesn't counter Reinhardt (you would have to put some investment into him) B) he's a blue mage competing for a spot against so many other blue mages. 

The point still stands about it being a free high sp A passive (Def Ploy is a C). Combined with a refined weapon and all the other standard high sp skill slots filled, it allows a point brick unit to reach the same sp bin as one would get from foddering a hector/takumi for DC/CC. Whether Mirror Strike is useful or not is irrelevant since said units it would go on are solely there for arena points, not combat.

And as for Oliver's usefulness, even as a 4* he can no doubt do something, notably (to me) is being able to ORKO the standard +10 Zelgius in arena with only swordbreaker1 SI (keeping Mirror Strike 2!). The same probably holds true for many other red swords who lack the res to survive or the atk to one shot Oliver on counterattack.

@Rafiel's Aria Nice solution, Raven was mostly only there to admire Lucius' work. 

Now I want to build a Lucius. What nature is yours? Without A-skill and without seal he got nearly the same offensive stats like my +ATK +1 Elise, lacking only 1 SPD. 

@TheNiddo Haha, I like how Micaiah is taking 0 magical damage from each color. 

@Zeo one day you will convince me to build a dagger unit. Your Matthew is truly impressive. 

@Zeo Watching the sapphire lance cav give up and try to go the long way was pretty great. Kinda surprised they bothered to put a melee cavalry unit in a map that has its main paths cut off by trenches.

@Rafiel's Aria I actually really enjoyed that. I don't care for Lucius in this game but he actually is a unit I liked quite a bit from FE7 and you've turned him into something quite remarkable. The healer I'm planning on investing in is Serra. I hope I can do stuff like this with her someday. My Matthew couldn't have did this by himself. Also kinda funny that both our units are +3.

@mampfoid More or less everyone has access to a dagger unit that can perform well now. If you pull a Sothe it shouldn't take very much work to give him favorable results (assuming he's demoted to *4). Matthew's spread was too perfect for a build like this after the refinery buffs to daggers though, this had to happen. I always wanted to build him and saved that Close Counter for him for months. I just didn't know what to do with him.

@Johann Had he been a cav mage it would have been too easy to bait him. Bound Hero Battle: Reinhardt and Olwen when?