Jump to content
indigoasis

Who's your best unit in any Fire Embem Game?

Recommended Posts

My MVPs

blazing blade: Lyn,Hector,Eliwood,Florina

sacred Stones: Seth 

Binding Blade: Roy,Alan,Lance 

Echoes: Alm,Celica,Mathilda,Saber

Fates (I only played Birthright): Corrin,Hana,Hinoka,Ryoma,Takumi

shadow dragon: Marth,Caeda

Awakening: Chrom,Robin,Lucina,Tiki

radiant dawn: Ike,Haar,Titania,Jill,Nephenee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fire emblem fan 101 said:

My MVPs

blazing blade: Lyn,Hector,Eliwood,Florina

sacred Stones: Seth 

Binding Blade: Roy,Alan,Lance 

Echoes: Alm,Celica,Mathilda,Saber

Fates (I only played Birthright): Corrin,Hana,Hinoka,Ryoma,Takumi

shadow dragon: Marth,Caeda

Awakening: Chrom,Robin,Lucina,Tiki

radiant dawn: Ike,Haar,Titania,Jill,Nephenee

You're captilisation is so inconsistent...why man! Why!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jotari said:

You're captilisation is so inconsistent...why man! Why!

Your grammar and spelling is so bad...why man! Why (*capitalization)

Not to mention @Fire emblem fan 101's lack of spacing. You put a space after a comma bro, although kudos for using colons right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Your grammar and spelling is so bad...why man! Why (*capitalization)

Not to mention @Fire emblem fan 101's lack of spacing. You put a space after a comma bro, although kudos for using colons right.

I confess my grammar can be negligent, but at least it's uniformally negligent. Capitalizing somethings while not capitalizing others just butters my goat (that's a phrase right? Well it is now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that nobody has mentioned fe4 Leif is weird. He is a mounted unit with perfect weapon ranks except for Light and Dark magic. he has good growths and while he doesn't have the best bases it isn't hard to get him promoted before the chapter ends. But I suppose that it is the most obvious answer so that's probably the reason why nobody mentioned him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LJwalhout said:

The fact that nobody has mentioned fe4 Leif is weird. He is a mounted unit with perfect weapon ranks except for Light and Dark magic. he has good growths and while he doesn't have the best bases it isn't hard to get him promoted before the chapter ends. But I suppose that it is the most obvious answer so that's probably the reason why nobody mentioned him.

Also Seliph exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In FE4, if you gave Seliph or Leif a weapon that has crits active, then they pretty much are gods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In awakening my Robin and Tiki are amazing. When they are S-rank and paired up, the other one is almost guaranteed to attack as well and their crit rate is so high that Lon'qu is impressed. sorry if I misspelled anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jotari said:

Also Seliph exists.

True. You could consider Leif overkill. But Leif simply feels more special as a unit then Seliph. Sure  Seliph will probably have the best inventory inheritance, can seize castles, likely has a weapon with more then 50 kills in his inventory and gains acces to a holy weapon in chapter 10, But to me he doesn't amaze me (as a unit at least) like Leif (and to a lesser extent Lachesis) does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LJwalhout said:

True. You could consider Leif overkill. But Leif simply feels more special as a unit then Seliph. Sure  Seliph will probably have the best inventory inheritance, can seize castles, likely has a weapon with more then 50 kills in his inventory and gains acces to a holy weapon in chapter 10, But to me he doesn't amaze me (as a unit at least) like Leif (and to a lesser extent Lachesis) does. 

Leif's best use is as a staff bot. All those flashy wepaon ranks are mostly useless as swords dominate the physical weapons and his magic isn't good enough to really use tomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Leif's best use is as a staff bot. All those flashy wepaon ranks are mostly useless as swords dominate the physical weapons and his magic isn't good enough to really use tomes.

It's true that those weapon ranks are mostly useless (why would you ever use Fire magic?) and it would be very likely that if he only had A in swords and Staves it wouldn't affect his placing on a efficiency tier list. But the fact that he can use those weapons does make him one of the most memorable units I have used. While in practice his role in the game is very similar to other mounted staff bots in the series, the fact that you can do almost anything with him makes him more unique then those units. Sure, when I use Leif his main role is as a staff bot but I can also give him a bow to fight the wyverns which gives me the freedom to give the Wingslayer to another unit. And when other units are using the Brave or 50 kill swords, Leif can use the Brave lance/axe. Is it practical? No. But is it fun? In my opinion, yes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LJwalhout said:

It's true that those weapon ranks are mostly useless (why would you ever use Fire magic?) and it would be very likely that if he only had A in swords and Staves it wouldn't affect his placing on a efficiency tier list. But the fact that he can use those weapons does make him one of the most memorable units I have used. While in practice his role in the game is very similar to other mounted staff bots in the series, the fact that you can do almost anything with him makes him more unique then those units. Sure, when I use Leif his main role is as a staff bot but I can also give him a bow to fight the wyverns which gives me the freedom to give the Wingslayer to another unit. And when other units are using the Brave or 50 kill swords, Leif can use the Brave lance/axe. Is it practical? No. But is it fun? In my opinion, yes. 

Aside from what @Jotari said, I'd say one thing that really takes the wind out of Leif's (or rather, the Master Knight class's) sails is the fact that you have to put up with the godawful inventory system to take advantage of the capability to use these weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Aside from what @Jotari said, I'd say one thing that really takes the wind out of Leif's (or rather, the Master Knight class's) sails is the fact that you have to put up with the godawful inventory system to take advantage of the capability to use these weapons.

I never had this problem since Leif will most likely win in the arena and he generates a lot of money that way (something that other staff units can't say). I also give him the bargain ring since I can never think of another unit who needs to buy so many things as him. He will also inherit a lot of money from Ethlyn since she will likely gained a lot of money from gen 1 and I always give all of Quan's money to her since Altena isn't used much so she doesn't need the money (You also have a lot of people who give Ethlyn the pursuit ring and this can be sold for 2000 gold when Leif promotes but not everyone does it and it isn't necessary to promote Leif in chapter 7) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LJwalhout said:

It's true that those weapon ranks are mostly useless (why would you ever use Fire magic?) and it would be very likely that if he only had A in swords and Staves it wouldn't affect his placing on a efficiency tier list. But the fact that he can use those weapons does make him one of the most memorable units I have used. While in practice his role in the game is very similar to other mounted staff bots in the series, the fact that you can do almost anything with him makes him more unique then those units. Sure, when I use Leif his main role is as a staff bot but I can also give him a bow to fight the wyverns which gives me the freedom to give the Wingslayer to another unit. And when other units are using the Brave or 50 kill swords, Leif can use the Brave lance/axe. Is it practical? No. But is it fun? In my opinion, yes. 

 

It's certainly a cool idea, and it's less Leif's fault than the balancing of Genealogy of Holy War as a whole. Leif is a fun unit to use, but I think it's pretty undeniable that in terms of sheer quality, he falls quite a bit behind several others in the game.

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LJwalhout said:

I never had this problem since Leif will most likely win in the arena and he generates a lot of money that way (something that other staff units can't say). I also give him the bargain ring since I can never think of another unit who needs to buy so many things as him. He will also inherit a lot of money from Ethlyn since she will likely gained a lot of money from gen 1 and I always give all of Quan's money to her since Altena isn't used much so she doesn't need the money (You also have a lot of people who give Ethlyn the pursuit ring and this can be sold for 2000 gold when Leif promotes but not everyone does it and it isn't necessary to promote Leif in chapter 7) 

It's less that and more the sheer inconvenience of transferring weapons and items between units in Genealogy. Who thought that it was a good idea to have to have transferring items require unit X sell the item to be transferred, then unit Y has to buy the item???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's less that and more the sheer inconvenience of transferring weapons and items between units in Genealogy. Who thought that it was a good idea to have to have transferring items require unit X sell the item to be transferred, then unit Y has to buy the item???

Someone who realized how broken it would be if you trade around items that; grant 5+ to one stat, double your experience, enable you to steal money from enemies and enable you to return to your starting castle. 

Btw I feel like I derailed the topic a bit so to get back on course I will talk about a certain type of characters that always turn out to be some of the best units in any Fire Emblem game for me, that being early joining fliers. Since they fulfill a role that no other unit can recreate (unless it's fe11 to fe14 and even in those games they can often be useful due to having the needed weapon ranks) I put a lot of resources into them (mainly angelic robes, energy rings/drops and dracoshields). because I put so many resources into them they can more easily fulfilll the tasks that they need to do and often make the game a lot easier even when you get other fliers later on since you have a lot more flexibility in your positioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LJwalhout said:

Someone who realized how broken it would be if you trade around items that; grant 5+ to one stat, double your experience, enable you to steal money from enemies and enable you to return to your starting castle. 

Btw I feel like I derailed the topic a bit so to get back on course I will talk about a certain type of characters that always turn out to be some of the best units in any Fire Emblem game for me, that being early joining fliers. Since they fulfill a role that no other unit can recreate (unless it's fe11 to fe14 and even in those games they can often be useful due to having the needed weapon ranks) I put a lot of resources into them (mainly angelic robes, energy rings/drops and dracoshields). because I put so many resources into them they can more easily fulfilll the tasks that they need to do and often make the game a lot easier even when you get other fliers later on since you have a lot more flexibility in your positioning.

Be that as it may, Genealogy is already excruciatingly hard to play (and fundamentally broken) thanks to its mechanics. This doesn't help matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My MVPs are Robin in awakening, Mozu in Birthright due to me re classing her to a Dread fighter, Corrin in conquest due to me making him a Lodestar so he dodged every attack, and right now the flying Myrrh is my best unit in Heroes due to DC and QR combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well for me, it depends on the game, though if I had to name a single unit, it would be Kent.

for fates: birthright, probably Kaze or Azura as a mechanist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Radiant Dawn was my most recent Fire Emblem game I played and finished, my Mia, Nephenee and Haar were amazing to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FE6: Allan, Miledy, Zeiss

FE7: Florina, Raven, Heath

FE9: Titania, Titania, Titania

FE10: Jill, Haar, Ike, Titania, Giffca

FE13: Sumia, Stahl, Frederick

 

Yeah I know very generic but I like movement...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During my FE9 playthrough, my Soren just ended up broke. He practically solo'd entire maps, for some odd reason. I think I just was super lucky with his growths.

Other than that, Elise in all of my Fates playthroughs end up as a little nuclear force on a horse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/1/2018 at 11:36 PM, indigoceans said:

Whether they were blessed by RNG, or you simply love their character, who is your best unit in any FE game? Anything goes, so if your best unit is in Heroes, Warriors, or whatever, go ahead and post here. Share a picture, too, if you want.

i have plenty of maxed out units, so it's hard to choose.

the topic title is also misleading a bit, so i'm not sure if this was intended as a single character list from all FE titles, or just a single unit from a specific game.

 

in case it's the second one, i will probably have to go with either Chrom from Awakening, or Corrin from Fates.

Chrom supported by Frederick can be really scary, especially when both have maxed out stats. he basicly becomes a one-man army that can one-shot most units and survive throu anything thanks to Aether.

on the other hand, Corrin supported by Gunter or Jacob is simply broken. mostly due to Nohrian Trust being one of the most useful( and abused ) skills ever made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robin is always fun to use. Trying out different reclasses and booms and banes and pair-ups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...