Dynasty Warriors 9 Streams: Chapter 3 Tonight at 9/10pst

Jedi

Since the FE:W streams went so well I thought i'd advertise this, I am planning a stream of the latest game in the mainline Dynasty Warriors series. Multiple streams in fact, due to the fact that the game is going for a more open world approach to China and that the character you pick as goes through the era's they lived through in history/the novel. We might have to play a number of characters on a different amount of factions to get the full story. 

Some example gameplay. 

The first stream will be on its English launch day of February 13th at 10AM PST, which will give me around 4 hours before work, and then after work I will resume the stream for another 4 or 5 hours, or so is the plan. 

The first character I plan on streaming as is Zhou Yu. A tactician of the Wu faction/kingdom. 

If you'd like to learn more about Zhou Yu i'd recommend reading this,  http://kongming.net/novel/kma/zhouyu.php

If you have any questions on the mainline games, this is also where you can ask me.

Edited by Jedi

wow jedi you're getting started with planning this stuff EARLY

why isn't this in the warriors section tho ⁼3⁼ 

Just now, Euklyd said:

Because I figured it wasn't related enough to FE:W 

Although if @eclipse deems it worthy to be put there, it can be.

I'll be sure to turn in whenever I can. 

Omega Force(/KT?) has made it pretty clear that this entry will be shaking things up from the usual Warriors formula. As someone that follows the series, what changes or new elements would you say that you are most looking forward to, are there also things that you are skeptical or unsure of?

You're going to play the Lu Bu theme while fishing, yes?

1 hour ago, donkeykhang said:

I'll be sure to turn in whenever I can. 

Omega Force(/KT?) has made it pretty clear that this entry will be shaking things up from the usual Warriors formula. As someone that follows the series, what changes or new elements would you say that you are most looking forward to, are there also things that you are skeptical or unsure of?

You're going to play the Lu Bu theme while fishing, yes?

I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle indivdual stories again since its been quite awhile, i'm also unsure of the open world mechanics but i'm interested in seeing how a Warriors game handles them. The little things like hunting and fishing along with quests might be fun. 

Yes

7 hours ago, Euklyd said:

'cause it's Dyansty Warriors not FE:W!

In other news, that first guy looks really good.  If the graphics are like this in the other games, I might give the series a shot, when I have money!

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Play as best girl Xiahou Yuan

(LiuBeiStache)

I might do Liu Bei, but when I do Wei i'll probably play as Dun and Zhang Liao :p

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

'cause it's Dyansty Warriors not FE:W!

In other news, that first guy looks really good.  If the graphics are like this in the other games, I might give the series a shot, when I have money!

Yeah thats what I thought! I had to ask though. 

Also you'd probably like it, there is alot of good looking guys in this series :p

Just now, Jedi said:

Also you'd probably like it, there is alot of good looking guys in this series :p

The first guy you posted is both easy on the eyes and smart.  That's a surefire win for me~!

. . .I totally wouldn't get into the series because there's cute guys, I swear! :P:

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

The first guy you posted is both easy on the eyes and smart.  That's a surefire win for me~!

. . .I totally wouldn't get into the series because there's cute guys, I swear! :P:

You swear huh :P: 

Also this trailer just dropped. 

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

So who are you hoping to focus on for an initial run (assuming that you have a familiar cast to jump right in with)?

Zhou Yu as mentioned above, he lasts a decent amount of time in history/the novel and how the game works basically is with each characters story you play through all the eras they survived through until they stopped fighting/died.

I think I meant to ask like, don't you have to pick more than one person for an initial run? Or, am I thinking too much of FE:Warriors, where there's kind of a group of units you can more or less focus on.

I mean you kinda answered that but since i'm unfamiliar, is it really that you're one dude until you complete that character's campaign?

3 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I think I meant to ask like, don't you have to pick more than one person for an initial run? Or, am I thinking too much of FE:Warriors, where there's kind of a group of units you can more or less focus on.

I mean you kinda answered that but since i'm unfamiliar, is it really that you're one dude until you complete that character's campaign?

Yep you play as one character at a time, switching is usually a spinoff series thing, like Hyrule Warriors Legends, FE:W and the Orochi series.

Closest you get to "switching characters" in DW specifically, is using a different weapon

Though, in a completely broader sense of "switching characters.jpeg" DW4, 7, and 8 had you switch during a campaign(as it's by kingdom, and due to who was present during that time in history, broadly speaking)

4 hours ago, Soledai said:

Closest you get to "switching characters" in DW specifically, is using a different weapon

Though, in a completely broader sense of "switching characters.jpeg" DW4, 7, and 8 had you switch during a campaign(as it's by kingdom, and due to who was present during that time in history, broadly speaking)

Actually 4 is freeform. Something like Sun Jian could disapear if you trigger his death but its pretty much free mode level freedom for fanction only

8 is indeed forcing you to switch out though... with Wei being weirdly self aware

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Zhou Yu as mentioned above, he lasts a decent amount of time in history/the novel and how the game works basically is with each characters story you play through all the eras they survived through until they stopped fighting/died.

Wow didnt this screw over guys like Sun Ce, Sun Jian and Pang Tong? Or did they make up stages to showcase them? Not exactly the first time they did it but it seems jarring

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

59 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wow didnt this screw over guys like Sun Ce, Sun Jian and Pang Tong? Or did they make up stages to showcase them? Not exactly the first time they did it but it seems jarring

We'll see how it works out, but it'll likely make some stories very short.

Sun Jian might be a good idea for my first stream even if his is super short.

Bump, but I started some streams early with the Japanese release that includes english dialog and text. 

I'll probably stream again late tonight continuing on in chapter 3

the previous stream

Just how anime is LuBu?!

Quick question on the DW9isms; I'm not too familiar with Difficulty stuff in this game but you're kinda blazing through it like you own the place. Are you feeling like it's challenging really?

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Just how anime is LuBu?!

Quick question on the DW9isms; I'm not too familiar with Difficulty stuff in this game but you're kinda blazing through it like you own the place. Are you feeling like it's challenging really?

Mostly doing missions in the enviorment lower the difficulty of other missions, but Normal has had an instance or 2 of me being near death due to not being careful, I met step it up to Hard here soon though. 

SPEAKING OF WHICH I'll be streaming again tonight around 9/10 PST doing Chapter 3 as Sun Ce 

https://www.twitch.tv/serenes_jedi