Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the curtains rise, the great detective Sally enters the stage, there to save the poor town from the evil mafia. As she watches the town folk bicker among one another, her great mind immediately spots a protential suspect:

6 hours ago, Werner Werman said:

I was randomly assigned this character. Who ARE you people?  And why am I a rat?

##Vote: Baroness Von Bon Bon

Your avatar disturbs me.

A rat not understanding who he is or who everyone else is would only make sense in a story as a main character deduces our fair maiden. Since he's not a main character though (I'm the only main character here mate) our great detective easily sees through this lie to spot the first culprit.

##Vote Werner Werman

And so, the first scene ends with our detective now wondering why a pirate is fighting a bee.

it's pretty clear that Sally wasn't trying to make a point in that last line,. Talking about how she might be obscuring a point through RP is just making stuff up.

@Werner- I guess you just want to end RVS but like, what kind of telling reaction are you going to get from a vote that's so contrived? 

31 minutes ago, Werner Werman said:

Cool.  That means we can actually do something productive.  It's been 24 hours since the game started, and this game is too damn slow.

This comment rubs me the wrong way. It feels like an attempt to seem uninterested in the case on them to avoid drawing more attention to themselves.

##Unvote

##Vote: Werner Werman

33 minutes ago, Grim Matchstick said:

What's wrong with it as an RVS vote?

I don't really see anything wrong with it as an RVS vote specifically.  Werner however seems to imply it wasn't completely RVS.

17 minutes ago, Djimmi The Great said:

This comment rubs me the wrong way. It feels like an attempt to seem uninterested in the case on them to avoid drawing more attention to themselves.

##Unvote

I don't get that from their post.  I also can't quite understand what you would mean by case on them.  Considering they were also the first person to make something that wasn't just a "Vote: So and so." I don't think the second part of your post applies here either because they took an initiative to step forward and do something first.  What do you think about Captain Brineybeard?

##Vote: Djimmi the Great

28 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

it's pretty clear that Sally wasn't trying to make a point in that last line,. Talking about how she might be obscuring a point through RP is just making stuff up.

@Werner- I guess you just want to end RVS but like, what kind of telling reaction are you going to get from a vote that's so contrived? 

I agree with your first point, but I totally disagree with the second. I have no idea what Sally is trying to say with their vote on Werner and it could all be fluff for all I know. As far as RVS votes go I think it's fine

23 minutes ago, Djimmi The Great said:

Agreed.  I don't like Werner's reasoning for the vote either.  There's trying to get out of RVS, and there's voting someone just to vote someone (hardly better than RVS).

6 minutes ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

I don't get that from their post.  I also can't quite understand what you would mean by case on them.  Considering they were also the first person to make something that wasn't just a "Vote: So and so." I don't think the second part of your post applies here either because they took an initiative to step forward and do something first.  What do you think about Captain Brineybeard?

Scum post.  You're voting Djiimi because you can't understand his (her? theirs? it?) logic rather than taking issue w/the slot.  The case is obviously Captain's vote, and nothing about Werner's post involved taking initiative (notice how the game only started after Captain voted Werner).  Also the last question is a non sequitur; obviously Captain has nothing to do with his current vote.  Reads as you making a vote for the sake of having an Original Vote™.

2 minutes ago, Grim Matchstick said:

I agree with your first point, but I totally disagree with the second. I have no idea what Sally is trying to say with their vote on Werner and it could all be fluff for all I know. As far as RVS votes go I think it's fine

It's an RVS vote.  Anyone who thinks that someone is obscuring an RVS vote with RP fluff (what is there to obscure?) is either bullshitting or very misguided about how scumhunting works.

What are your thoughts on Werner? Baroness? Captain? Sally?

18 minutes ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

Captain Brineybeard's comment about them was the closest thing to a case posted then, so I called it as such. It's easier than using some other term. I'm not sure whether Werner Werman's initial vote was intended as an actual case or not since it's pretty silly logic but you're right that it shows initiative, so I don't have a problem with that part. A better way to put my thoughts would be that Werner's reply seemed more like it was to shut down the interaction with Captain Brineybeard rather than adding to it since it added nothing.

I think Captain Brineybeard hasn't done anything particularly alignment indicative yet. I could see town and scum voting Werner in that scenario.

1 minute ago, Dr. Kahl said:

Agreed.  I don't like Werner's reasoning for the vote either.  There's trying to get out of RVS, and there's voting someone just to vote someone (hardly better than RVS).

Scum post.  You're voting Djiimi because you can't understand his (her? theirs? it?) logic rather than taking issue w/the slot.  The case is obviously Captain's vote, and nothing about Werner's post involved taking initiative (notice how the game only started after Captain voted Werner).  Also the last question is a non sequitur; obviously Captain has nothing to do with his current vote.  Reads as you making a vote for the sake of having an Original Vote™.

It's an RVS vote.  Anyone who thinks that someone is obscuring an RVS vote with RP fluff (what is there to obscure?) is either bullshitting or very misguided about how scumhunting works.

What are your thoughts on Werner? Baroness? Captain? Sally?

Wrong, I'm voting Djiimi because I disagree with their logic and I think it's reaching.  I don't think it's strong enough to stand as an actual reasoning to vote someone.  You say that Werner didn't take initiative and only started with Werner but Werner even stated:

Which means Captain's vote, which you say started the game, is fully based on the fact that Warner went forward first and posted something different than everyone else.  The last questions is because I wanted to know Djimmi's thoughts on captain as well as Captain's vote, they are both voting the same person, whether it has anything to do with Djimmi's vote or not, because they are voting the same person as of the moment he should have some thought on Captain's vote/opinion.  The fact that you think those two things aren't related is weird.

Moving on to the rest of the post: It's an RVS vote but stated in a different manner than any of the others so it seems to imply that it either not fully an RVS vote or it was solely a post to draw a reaction, which goes back to my first point of taking initiative.  I had already typed this before realizing this part was in response to Grim.

So yeah I don't quite get your reasoning for voting me, also please don't misrep my reasoning for voting someone, that's bad.

##Unvote

Their vote on Sally rubs me the wrong way. Not so much that they blamed RP for trying to obscure a point, but it feels very reactionary, kind of like an OMGUS. Also, when voted by Captain says "we can do something productive now". And then promptly disappears. Comes off as someone who's trying to back off a suspicious post in a "that was just a reaction test" kind of way but doesn't actually stay for discussion.

10 minutes ago, Djimmi The Great said:

Captain Brineybeard's comment about them was the closest thing to a case posted then, so I called it as such. It's easier than using some other term. I'm not sure whether Werner Werman's initial vote was intended as an actual case or not since it's pretty silly logic but you're right that it shows initiative, so I don't have a problem with that part. A better way to put my thoughts would be that Werner's reply seemed more like it was to shut down the interaction with Captain Brineybeard rather than adding to it since it added nothing.

I think Captain Brineybeard hasn't done anything particularly alignment indicative yet. I could see town and scum voting Werner in that scenario.

I actually like this bolded line and it makes Djimmi's vote make more sense and have more weight behind it.  Now I don't see it as blatant reaching.  For whatever reason when I saw his Werner's post I thought he had been replying to Grim's post about turboing, I don't know why, I must not be thinking properly at the moment.

##Unvote:

@Beppi The Clown What are your thoughts on Djimmi's vote on Werner?

@Dr. Kahl Werner I can see going either way and I think it will be obvious once he posts more.

I don't have a problem with Baroness voting someone to try to get clarifications out of them less than 50 posts into D1. I actually think it's odd that you expect votes with a better case at this stage, since Bonbon's vote looks like a pretty standard pressure vote to me. It forces people to explain their thoughts more instead of just giving people a free pass.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Kahl

Captain is fine, I might disagree with him but I felt like he was trying to push the game forward in his posts.

Sally's nothing right now. They have one post full of RP. If they continue the RP I will find them extremely annoying though

I have to go for a few hours so don't expect anything from me

2 minutes ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

Wrong, I'm voting Djiimi because I disagree with their logic and I think it's reaching.  I don't think it's strong enough to stand as an actual reasoning to vote someone.  You say that Werner didn't take initiative and only started with Werner but Werner even stated:

Which means Captain's vote, which you say started the game, is fully based on the fact that Warner went forward first and posted something different than everyone else.  The last questions is because I wanted to know Djimmi's thoughts on captain as well as Captain's vote, they are both voting the same person, whether it has anything to do with Djimmi's vote or not, because they are voting the same person as of the moment he should have some thought on Captain's vote/opinion.  The fact that you think those two things aren't related is weird.

Moving on to the rest of the post: It's an RVS vote but stated in a different manner than any of the others so it seems to imply that it either not fully an RVS vote or it was solely a post to draw a reaction, which goes back to my first point of taking initiative.  I had already typed this before realizing this part was in response to Grim.

So yeah I don't quite get your reasoning for voting me, also please don't misrep my reasoning for voting someone, that's bad.

If you thought Djiimi was reaching, then say Djiimi was reaching.  I'm not a psychic, and it's very annoying for you to act like it was obvious when your word choice was "I don't get that", "I also can't quite understand", "I don't think the second part of your post applies here".  This implies disagreement, it does not imply any issues with the slot.  What in particular reads as reaching over him being mistaken FYPOV?

Werner was reactive, not proactive.  Their case was bad and the only way it'd start the game is if someone called them out on it.  Your reasoning for questioning Djimmi on Captain is fine but why would his/Captain's votes be related?  Captain voted Werner for his voteswap, and Djiimi voted Werner for his reaction to Captain's vote.  They are...obviously not related.

I'm stating what your vote reads like to me, nothing more nothing less.

17 minutes ago, Beppi The Clown said:

Their vote on Sally rubs me the wrong way. Not so much that they blamed RP for trying to obscure a point, but it feels very reactionary, kind of like an OMGUS. Also, when voted by Captain says "we can do something productive now". And then promptly disappears. Comes off as someone who's trying to back off a suspicious post in a "that was just a reaction test" kind of way but doesn't actually stay for discussion.

How is Werner's vote an OMGUS?  I have issues w/the slot but I think it's kind of bullshit to call it out for disappearing when 1) it's been like an hour, dude 2) Werner could have disappeared for not mafia related reasons.

13 minutes ago, Grim Matchstick said:

@Dr. Kahl Werner I can see going either way and I think it will be obvious once he posts more.

I don't have a problem with Baroness voting someone to try to get clarifications out of them less than 50 posts into D1. I actually think it's odd that you expect votes with a better case at this stage, since Bonbon's vote looks like a pretty standard pressure vote to me. It forces people to explain their thoughts more instead of just giving people a free pass.

Werner read confuses me because you spent two posts questioning votes on him only for your read on him to be "yeah could go either way".  Please elaborate on your thought process here because I don't get it.

I don't expect votes w/better cases, I expect votes w/cases at all; Bonbon's vote clearly didn't read as having one to me (reread my post if you don't believe me).

idk I thought it was quite obvious that Sally's post was just RVS RP fluff, which is why I thought Werner's vote asking for more clarification there was kind of useless. That being said I think there is also town motivation there of just wanting to kickstart things, even if it wasn't executed well, so for now:

##Unvote, ##Vote: Dr. Kahl

I dislike Kahl's vote on BvBB more because it feels overly semantic with regards to stating she was voting Djimmi due to not understanding him, when that was just one word and it was still clear IMO that she actually did suspect him. The part where he asks for opinions about everyone also feels weird to me. Like considering everybody's only really made one or two posts, presumably if people haven't said anything about those posts they don't have anything to really say about them.

I'm not really a fan of Beppi's vote either, because it feels like an attempt to jump onto a wagon with a new reason? I don't really see how Werner's vote was OMGUSy or reactionary considering his reason for voting Sally was about her line regarding me and Rumor. Just because she voted him doesn't automatically make it an OMGUS to vote her.

it might be because I kind of also had a similar first impression of Djimmi's vote as Baroness but I thought what she was trying to communicate was clear. Also, it's RVS, people are probably just going to use language that's qualified and unsure as opposed to "this is a scum post" like you. I'll also echo Matchstick in saying that you seem to be expecting way too much of a case made at this point by asking her to differentiate between the situation where he could be mistaken vs purposely trying to make something up. Voting someone for saying something that doesn't make a lot of sense is reasonable imo.

question @Baroness- why are you specifically interested in Beppi's thoughts on Djimmi over anyone else?

2 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

I dislike Kahl's vote on BvBB more because it feels overly semantic with regards to stating she was voting Djimmi due to not understanding him, when that was just one word and it was still clear IMO that she actually did suspect him. The part where he asks for opinions about everyone also feels weird to me. Like considering everybody's only really made one or two posts, presumably if people haven't said anything about those posts they don't have anything to really say about them.

Being overly semantic (FMPOV the entire post implied BvBB not understanding Djimmi, so the bolded is objectively wrong) and asking for opinions (I didn't expect Grim to have detailed reads, I just wanted to understand where he was coming from) is alignment neutral, and you framing them as reasons that I'm scummy is questionable.  Your followup was good because it explained your thought process, so I don't think this is a scum vote but like...obviously these things are not telling. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Brineybeard said:

it might be because I kind of also had a similar first impression of Djimmi's vote as Baroness but I thought what she was trying to communicate was clear. Also, it's RVS, people are probably just going to use language that's qualified and unsure as opposed to "this is a scum post" like you. I'll also echo Matchstick in saying that you seem to be expecting way too much of a case made at this point by asking her to differentiate between the situation where he could be mistaken vs purposely trying to make something up. Voting someone for saying something that doesn't make a lot of sense is reasonable imo.

If Baroness thought the vote was reaching, she should have said that the vote was reaching.  Read my reply to Matchstick, I'm not posting it again.  I can get where you're coming from WRT the last sentence, but the vote read to me like calling out a bad vote over calling out a scum vote, if that makes any sense.