Which FE has the best final chapter?

Morswo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SoV because it has the best final map theme in the series. The map itself isn't too special and can get somewhat annoying because of Mogall spam and swamps but overall, it's a great map to end the story.

I like FE12's. Having to save the clerics (to get the good ending at least) makes the map a lot more interesting than most endgame maps which are just "kill boss" and that's it.

3 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

I like FE12's. Having to save the clerics (to get the good ending at least) makes the map a lot more interesting than most endgame maps which are just "kill boss" and that's it.

It also has a final map theme that in my opinion is way better than SoV's.

Even though it's not comparable to other final maps due to its sheer size, I like FE4's Final for not being a really short chapter that's all about the final boss.

I have several favourites. I loved Path of Radiance' final map for how challenging and long it was. It actually FELT like a final battle, though I'd argue the map right before it was slightly harder.
I loved Awakening's final map for how awesome the music was, and it was fun to get good enough to actually beat it in one turn.
And then there's of course the final map in SOV (contrary to popular opinion, I love the summoning spam... because free EXP ftw!).

52 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

That is true. Not only that, but you have to use 4 specific units to save them, meaning that you absolutely have to train them enough so they can survive this. Plus, there's also the issue about how you get swarmed with very powerful dragons, and in harder difficulties, the Shield of Seals doesn't banish all of the Earth Dragons.

I also have several favorites.

Hmm... as much as I love Awakening, the final chapter is rather underwhelming. There's really nothing interesting about the map, and you could win in one turn. But the music there is absolutely fantastic. And if you aren't focused on winning in one go, you can actually delay it as long as you want. Or you know, it can be challenging if you don't go out of your way to grind yourself. 

SoV's final map is one of my favorites due to how you can bring so many characters from both Alm and Celica's party, and hear their dialogue. Combined with the music, it really feels like you are involved and how you have to try and win. Plus, the fact that Alm really has to beat Duma in the end with Falchion is nice, despite the joke insert of Nosferatu being able to beat him as well. 

Revelation's final map was also very nice. Sure, the story overall is terrible, and some gameplay mechanics are meh, but you have to essentially split your forces into 3, two to take down Anankos' arms, and one to keep the Vallites back. Then when the arms are done, you go to the head and try to win, and you converge into one. If you ask me, there's a nice symbolism there. 

Fates Conquest, loved the music, it was the first game I completed in Japanese, the final boss was different from the rest of the series, and I've gotten to talk to Azura's voice actress.

24 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

SoV's final map is one of my favorites due to how you can bring so many characters from both Alm and Celica's party, and hear their dialogue. Combined with the music, it really feels like you are involved and how you have to try and win. Plus, the fact that Alm really has to beat Duma in the end with Falchion is nice, despite the joke insert of Nosferatu being able to beat him as well. 

You can actually kill Duma with a Marth or Roy Amiibo if you want to meme.

On Topic, can I say Warriors? No? Probably Conquest, then, I really liked the final Boss' gimmick of charging up a massive blast every couple turns and then obliterating anything not behind a wall. Birthright Garon and Anankos didn't have anything cool like that. Also when do we get Skadi in Heroes dangit

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

You can actually kill Duma with a Marth or Roy Amiibo if you want to meme.

Well, it makes sense why they can defeat him. Marth wields the Archanean Falchion, which would perfectly rival the Valentian Falchion. Lucina's Falchion can't, due to how her Falchion never unlocked its full powers due to performing an imperfect Awakening. 

Roy's Binding Blade can also defeat Duma due to how the Binding Blade was specifically designed to destroy dragons, and is the strongest legendary weapon of Elibe. 

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

On Topic, can I say Warriors? No? Probably Conquest, then, I really liked the final Boss' gimmick of charging up a massive blast every couple turns and then obliterating anything not behind a wall. Birthright Garon and Anankos didn't have anything cool like that. Also when do we get Skadi in Heroes dangit

You know, that massive blast thing is a gimmick that I feel the giant monstrous beings like the final dragon bosses and such should be capable of, but only the possessed Takumi uses. 

Skadi in Heroes... so you want a power creep Takumi.

I love FE 12's endgame. The absolute onslaught of dragons and the thing with the clerics plus a great chapter theme make it my favorite.

I like RD's last map too. Definitely different from other final maps in the series.

But this...

The big question- how to count RD's Final. Just the final final battle? Or the whole gamut? Although if we pick the gamut, then things like Light can also be considered. Most the pre-final final battles of this sort tend to be nothing spectacular though.

To count just the final final battle of RD, well it and Revelation are comparable to me in terms of design. Some tradeoffs in each, with Rev's on the whole a little harder, but not really much better designed.

The CQ final battle, only played it once, miraculously cleared it on my first run of it on my first CQ (Hard Classic) run. Pretty fairly designed and challenging.

SoV's final fight, not a big fan of it. Mogall spam is annoying, and Duma moving, whilst making him a threat, at the same time makes for a rather conservative and slow playstyle combined with the Mogall horde and Medusa man. Bows and Mages snipe, Illusions decoy, pretty much everyone stays out of Duma's range tanking Mogalls if needed, save Alm and maybe some Dread Fighters. You try to take out Jedah quickly and the Witches almost as fast. Tatiana better be brought and have Fortify or you have to go slower.

32 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Skadi in Heroes... so you want a power creep Takumi.

Just restrict it to a GHB "Anankos's Envy Takumi", to give his evil self a name. The price of Skadi poetically put would be his soul. While we're at it, give him Bold Stance as a skill which would add half of an adjacent ally's Atk/Def to triggered Special damage/damage reduction or something. 

In terms of music and connection, definitely Echoes. Now in terms of gameplay, FE12. In order to get the true ending you either have to train up these 4 units or protect them. I honestly did use Minerva and Merric on my team so that was no problem, so protecting Julius and Sirius was also no problem.

Despite there being generic enemies that were more of a struggle to face than Veld, I still like 776's final chapter the most. I like how the challenge comes from the map instead of having enemies with super inflated stats, and the Dreadlords were a neat idea, especially if you forgot to recruit somebody.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The big question- how to count RD's Final. Just the final final battle? Or the whole gamut?

RD's final is just one chapter with 5 parts, I think it counts.

3 hours ago, Morswo said:

My favourite is the final of FE11, the music and the look of the map fit very well and Medeus did a good job as the final boss

My only issue with it personally is how much of a scrub Medeus is to kill. He aint as easy as Idunn, but still not very hard. At least on lower difficulties such as normal or hard 1.

Edited by CatManThree

3 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

My only issue with it personally is how much of a scrub Medeus is to kill. He aint as easy as Idunn, but still not very hard. At least on lower difficulties such as normal or hard 1.

This is true, with warp is medeus on lunatic easy too, but all in all it is my favourite final chapter.

5 hours ago, Morswo said:

My favourite is the final of FE11, the music and the look of the map fit very well and Medeus did a good job as the final boss, way better than Anankos.

Personally, my big issue with that one is that the doors closing feels like a cheap trick and bad game design. The splitting up part does it no favors, either, and both combined just kill any chance that chapter had of being well designed.

Anyways, I'm torn between SoV, Mystery, Warriors, Revelation, Grima, Light, and Repatriation.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Mine would either be Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn.

The one from Path of Radiance feels like a final battle, the final boss actually moves on certain difficulties, and there's a different feel to it, with it being a battle against the invading empire, rather than fighting the evil dragon and its minions.

Radiant Dawn is interesting in having five stages, unless we're only counting the last one. If the latter case, then Path of Radiance is my favourite. If the former case, then it's a close call.

Honourable Mention goes to Awakening for the villain also being the battlefield. However, enemy placement was disappointing in that I could pretty much send my units straight at the final boss, with very little standing in their way. Also, if Grima knows that the heroes are on his back, why doesn't he just tilt at a steep angle and send everyone plummeting to their deaths?

29 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Also, if Grima knows that the heroes are on his back, why doesn't he just tilt at a steep angle and send everyone plummeting to their deaths?

Given his huge size, he actually wouldn't be too aerodynamic, so no somersault for him. Plus, who's to say storywise, he didn't? He might have, but it didn't work. Plus, his own Risen could end up falling instead. The heroes would have enough intelligence to use spells or weapons to stick to his back. The Risen wouldn't.