Which FE has the best final chapter?

Morswo

On 19.1.2018 at 3:26 AM, omegaxis1 said:

He is arrogant. However, let's not forget that Grima is the ONLY villain that actually won. Without time travel, Grima had secured his victory. Is it really any reason why he SHOULDN'T be arrogant when everything fell into place? His only downfall have in fact been things that he couldn't possibly foresee. 

• Grima indicated that if they changed the past, he would cease to exist, but that's not actually the case. Grima never knew about the multiverse theory. 
  • Grima never figured that Robin would piece the memories that Grima unintentionally gave him to his advantage, which allows him to trick Validar in the end. 
  • He never expected that Robin could resist him to the point that he could break out of his control. And he certainly couldn't have expected that Robin would try to kill him.

This also goes with Grima's Future Past counterpart. That Grima won as well, except:

• Naga sent in reinforcements from other worlds.
  • How was he supposed to know that defiling Mount Prism and killing Tiki would somehow make Ylisstol be the new place to perform the Awakening? 

So despite his arrogance, Grima played the long game, and after his first defeat at the hands of the Exalt, he had already left his mark on the world, and had a cult to try and revive him, and everything ultimately resulted in him winning.

On 19.1.2018 at 3:31 AM, Arthur97 said:

True enough, but all that success probably led Grima to believe Chrom was not a threat despite the fact Grima never directly fought Chrom and instead just stabbed him in the back.

Reveal hidden contents

Though I think Grima was naturally arrogant as well. Grima was created to be perfect and probably believed it.

These are actually the reasons why I like Grima as a villain so much.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed SoV's final map. While the map it self is not much to talk about, the music is IMO the best final map theme ever and also the fact everyone you bring says something really makes it feel as if the characters in this game matter. And I know in Awakening the characters also had talking lines too, but they were all about Robin, in SoV they were about the character and why they wouldn't let Duma take over.

Warriors final map is also pretty fun mainly because of the final boss music.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:53 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

But does the main bad guy need to manipulate absolutely everything? A little freedom of choice on the part of other villains can be appreciated. Aversa losing her agency wasn't for the best either. It gives justification for letting her join, but anything else? But I don't want to make a dragged out argument out of this. So I'll end it here.

In my headcanon (which I am writing a fic on), Robin's mother actually was a victim of the war that Chrom's father waged on Plegia, and because of that, she grew to hate Ylisse and Naga, and thus willingly joined the Grimleal. 

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

These are actually the reasons why I like Grima as a villain so much.

I am really glad that they actually explored Grima's backstory on Echoes. If anything, it made Grima that much more terrifying. Almost wish that the stuff that was said about the Risen and Grima was actually in the opening captions of Awakening, similar to how there were opening captions in previous games.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I am really glad that they actually explored Grima's backstory on Echoes. If anything, it made Grima that much more terrifying. Almost wish that the stuff that was said about the Risen and Grima was actually in the opening captions of Awakening, similar to how there were opening captions in previous games.

Definitely agreed. Out of all the final bosses in FE, Grima's design is (to me) by far the most intimidating and with his Echoes backstory... holy crap, Awakening's finale could have been so much better had they expanded on that stuff more in Awakening itself. I still really enjoy Awakening's final map, even if it is in large part due to the music.

As far as backstory goes, I think Idoun has Grima beat as far as final bosses go, Grima is a close second, though.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Definitely agreed. Out of all the final bosses in FE, Grima's design is (to me) by far the most intimidating and with his Echoes backstory... holy crap, Awakening's finale could have been so much better had they expanded on that stuff more in Awakening itself. I still really enjoy Awakening's final map, even if it is in large part due to the music.

As far as backstory goes, I think Idoun has Grima beat as far as final bosses go, Grima is a close second, though.

Yeah. Grima's form doesn't even resemble that of a dragon. Or it does, but a cross between several things, with a dragon being part of it. And there's several implications that Grima may actually be related to Naga, given that Thabes is the place Naga died in, meaning it could have very well been her own blood that was used to create him. Tiki did mention in both Awakening and Warriors that Robin's powers feel very much like Tiki's, Naga's daughter. 

I dunno. I mean, Idoun's backstory is that she's just a Divine Dragon that had her soul destroyed so she could produce War Dragons, right? I feel Grima is more unique in that Grima is a villain that is unlike any other. 

Grima isn't some ancient evil per se. Every FE game is some ancient evil that comes back to cause ruination. Grima is ancient, but the thing about Grima that makes him so different... is that he isn't some being that was born or such. He's an actual science project. Grima is a product of science and experiments. Same with the Risen. They weren't created using dark magic and such. They were created using experiments with insects. 

I have say my favorite last chapter would be the one for SoV/Gaiden because it was actually pretty difficult to me because of Duma and the hordes upon hordes of terrors coming at me. Plus the music is top tier too so that's a huge plus.