Nintendo agreed to give me free heroes, some exclusive...

FuryWingsYT

• eclipse locked and unlocked this topic

I also agree with @Florete. You're going to need to brush up on your marketing skills a bit. Handing out business cards (or putting up fliers or ads) without your contact information or the name or purpose of your business isn't exactly helpful to you or the people you gave your cards to, and that's pretty much what you just did.

Some confidence and enthusiasm wouldn't hurt, either. I'm the local Wishiwashi. You can't have my job.

Otherwise, I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to help other people get free stuff when I work for and pay for everything I have.

12 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Additionally, I doubt that Nintendo actually promised the OP anything at all, let alone exclusive heroes.

I admit, I would be a bit annoyed if they got an exclusive hero, where I haven't heard of anyone who actually has met the 10k mark talking about getting the same offer. I fail to see what makes the OP so special.

also can't find the channel, searched fury wings, furywings, furywingsyt, fury wings yt, and got nothing save for three channels all with under 100 subs.

must've been a copyright strike.

I... find this very fishy at best, fake at worst, "some dumb kid trying to make fools of older people" if the world really has gone right to hell.

I'm sorry, but even if Nintendo were to throw out "free heroes, some exclusive", 10k is both a very high bar for a new Youtube channel hoping to receive free stuff from a major Video Game company, and a very low bar for Nintendo to give as a minimum if someone were to hope for free stuff. If they wanted to promote the game for, say, the 1 year anniversary, then they'd go for the more populated channels. Phoenixmaster1 has covered quite a bit on FEH, and 270k seems a lot better to target than a measly 10k. He's actually the only example I know of, there could be larger out there.

Um, what?

2 hours ago, Astellius said:

Additionally, I doubt that Nintendo actually promised the OP anything at all, let alone exclusive heroes.

Pretty much my thoughts since OP's YT channel isn't big at all (YouTube currently is extremely unfriendly to fledgling content creators) and has only 1 video that's actually about FEH.

Shouldn't this thread be in the Far from the Forest subforum?

I'm inclined to agree with the majority that this sounds rather fishy as well. What about all of those other Youtubers who are playing Fire Emblem Heroes and have thousands of subscribers? I'm curious to see if they receive any sort of similar response if they ask as well. Also depending on the nature of the exchange, isn't Nintendo usually pretty protective about what kind of information goes out? Like if I was told that I would get exclusive offers or something, they would tell me to keep quiet about it until it actually happens.

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Shouldn't this thread be in the Far from the Forest subforum?

No.

It should've been really obvious because I've been replying in here.  If it hasn't been moved, it's for a reason.

I'm so confused by this.

Like Ice Dragon said, you don't get people to check out your content by telling them what you stand to gain from it. You do it by telling them what they stand to gain from it. Your posts here don't give any information about your channel beyond the context suggesting it must have some sort of Heroes stuff, so I don't see a reason for this to interest even people who do believe you.

As for the question of actually believing you, I don't know what you said to Eclipse, but I really can't imagine any way for this to not be completely bogus.

At this point, I think the best thing to do is to stop commenting on this thread, so that it can just fade into oblivion.

I honestly don't know why this thread was allowed. But I, for one, don't want people advertising their Youtube channels in the forum. And I also don't like it when people lie or offer bogus claims in order to promote their content. So let's just let this thread die, as it should.

Based on what I remember of a very similar Gamefaqs topic from this morning that seems to have gone missing, I think the OP probably misunderstood something.  The email body posted there as 'proof' didn't explicitly mention 'free heroes' (or FEH at all), and was about the Nintendo Creators Program (which means 'free stuff' is probably just Nintendo promo stuff).

Admittedly this could be different, but it seems extremely unlikely that anything Nintendo gives out for this program would actually be in game stuff for FEH.  Certainly not anything remotely exclusive (for one thing, if an exclusive hero existed dataminers would have almost certainly found them already).

8 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Based on what I remember of a very similar Gamefaqs topic from this morning that seems to have gone missing, I think the OP probably misunderstood something.  The email body posted there as 'proof' didn't explicitly mention 'free heroes' (or FEH at all), and was about the Nintendo Creators Program (which means 'free stuff' is probably just Nintendo promo stuff).

Admittedly this could be different, but it seems extremely unlikely that anything Nintendo gives out for this program would actually be in game stuff for FEH.  Certainly not anything remotely exclusive (for one thing, if an exclusive hero existed dataminers would have almost certainly found them already).

That was me. I got modded.