Thracia 776 : First playthrough

Wakenjake

Hey everyone, I’m relatively new to the Forest but have been using it as a resource for years. I’ve played every FE except Thracia 776(and like the first and third game and OG Gaiden). Now that I have the game translated I was about to start but I’ve heard this game is really hard so any advice for a first time player? Please and Thank You!

• Make Leif escape last.
  • Be sure to capture enemies with the items you want.
  • There's more to Lara than you'd think.
  • pass around the scrolls often.

I don't want to get spoilery, so I hope these make sense.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:
  • Make Leif escape last.
  • Be sure to capture enemies with the items you want.
  • There's more to Lara than you'd think.
  • pass around the scrolls often.

I don't want to get spoilery, so I hope these make sense.

I’m guessing Leif abandons everyone if he escapes first? I’m been catpturing probably 50% of enemies. Haven’t seen Lara but I’ll keep my eyes open. And abuse the scrolls for good stats! Sounds good thanks man

Also can’t staves miss if this game?

30 minutes ago, Wakenjake said:

I’m guessing Leif abandons everyone if he escapes first? I’m been catpturing probably 50% of enemies. Haven’t seen Lara but I’ll keep my eyes open. And abuse the scrolls for good stats! Sounds good thanks man

Also can’t staves miss if this game?

Yes, staves can miss. They can also double. Basically they work like normal weapons.

For beneficial purposes, it'll be rare for staves to miss. But if you try to use harmful staves on enemies, that's where you'll be seeing them miss more often. And despite all this, this is the games where staves are probably at their most useful.

Edited by Slumber

Use prepromotes and don't let Tanya die in the first few chapters.

Here is a list of Gaiden Chapter requirements if you are interested.

Spoiler
2x Complete Chapter 2 with all the villages intact
4x In Chapter 4, have all the civilians escape to safety
8x Complete Chapter 8 with the boss captured (the boss mounts during Turn 16). Also, both Dagda and Tania must have survived (or been captured) before Chapter 3’s end
11x Complete Chapter 11 within 30 Turns. Also the Portcullis attack must have been triggered and Fred must have survived prior to the chapter’s end
12x Complete Chapter 12 within 19 Turns
14x In Chapter 14, visit 3 or more villages within Tahra’s walls (excludes the village with Homeros)
16A~17A Exit via the left arrow or have Leaf choose the first option when he meets the church bishop
16B~17B Exit via the right arrow or have Leaf choose the second option when he meets the church bishop
21x Have at least one playable character captured prior to Chapter 21’s end
24x Complete Chapter 24 with the Kia staff obtained and Sara alive

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

The game uses same turn reinforcements. It won't bother you too much in the early game, but some late game chapters drop a ton at once.

Every unit has a very slim chance of leveling up their movement stat. If a random blob of gibberish pops up after a level up, that unit has one more move.

Avoid using lance knights besides Finn (no bias I swear). Finn has time to build his sword rank up, and both Axe Knights you get are really good. Normal Cavaliers/Paladins and Sword Knights obviously don't have to worry about their sword rank.

Go the A route for better units and maps. Go the B route for better items and a unit with Bargin

The Elite Sword isn't a prf. weapon. Also, don't be too afraid to use the early game prf. weapons. Obviously don't drain them early, but they're really helpful and some won't be usable for the last few chapters (Specifically the Brave/Hero Lance and the Dragonlance).

Edited by AndrewMcC00l