Grand Hero Battle: Lyon

RandomSwordmaster

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Actually, Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur aren’t really good examples, since in japanese, if I’m not mistaken, they are called “Echoes Aura” and “Echoes Excalibur”, so it has little do to with darkness.

Ah, thanks. Why couldn't the english also be that way? I kinda like it like that.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Absolutely fantastic. Lyon is my favorite villain in the series. PLEASE give him a good artist.

The person who did Shigure, Clarisse and Niles is a good candidate

Lyon + a new banner that is probably a SS banner. I love this game, as it is giving me more characters from my favorite game. I wonder how Lyon will be done. Didn’t he place 5th among the SS characters not in the game?

28 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The person who did Shigure, Clarisse and Niles is a good candidate

Please, no. I love Niles and I can't use him because his art is atrocious (to me). And so is Clarisse. Shigure is the only one I kinda like and even then...

I really just want a good artist for him. I'll be so sad if he looks ugly (or like Eliwood or Dorcas). Ugh. My worry is only tempered by how much I LOVE Lyon and need him in the game. I hope he's the good version (with maybe his damaged artwork looking possessed), so I can put him with Erika and Ephraim on a SS team. =D 

So excited. So worried. Haha.

10 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Finally! I've been waiting on Lyon for a long time! Now hopefully I can beat all three map difficulties!

Well, You can always just look up a F2P unit tutorial, they are usually up on YouTube the day the GHBs arrive, so I'm not so worried about it. :D

I hope he has the same artist as Innes.  I am so happy to see Lyon since I have wanted him since SS characters were first added to Heroes.  Now if only the new TT would have Glen as the reward and he wields a sword, my draconight flyer team would be complete.

I'm really happy that Lyon has finally arrived hopefully hecan hold his own with the rest of the case and personally I'm hoping Asatani Tomoyo does his art for the sake of consistency with the runner ups being Maiponpon and PenekoR

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I didn't think I'd be that excited for Lyon, but I found myself very happy when I saw the news :)

Fingers crossed for a great artist for him ^.^

Me too. I wasn't even one of the people hoping for him and yet this is probably the most excited I've been since the Camus GHB, save maybe Arvis before I found out he wasn't armored. Maybe they'll do something crazy and make Lyon an armored mage. He's certainly got the bulk for it in SS.

42 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

Please, no. I love Niles and I can't use him because his art is atrocious (to me). And so is Clarisse. Shigure is the only one I kinda like and even then...

I really just want a good artist for him. I'll be so sad if he looks ugly (or like Eliwood or Dorcas). Ugh. My worry is only tempered by how much I LOVE Lyon and need him in the game. I hope he's the good version (with maybe his damaged artwork looking possessed), so I can put him with Erika and Ephraim on a SS team. =D 

So excited. So worried. Haha.

To each their own. I can see why people would't like them since the art is so unique, but Dorcas and Arden IMO look really good. The art is so realistic and the colors are so vibrant.

How can you not like Clarisse? She's a bombshell

I'd understand if you dislike Lissa, Sophia and Selena since they're giraffes

Eliwood's sword design seems unfaithful to the original. That's all I can say about him.

Edited by silveraura25

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

To each their own. I can see why people would't like them since the art is so unique, but Dorcas and Arden IMO look really good. The art is so realistic and the colors are so vibrant.

Eliwood's sword design seems unfaithful to the original. That's all I can say about him.

Arden's I like because while not an aesthetically pleasing individual, it is fairly faithful to his original appearance, just updated. Dorcas less so. Looking at it again, it's more faithful than I remembered, but I still feel like they made him too buff for the aesthetic they were going for and made him way tanner than he actually was. 

Eliwood has the crazy bug eyes, which don't really bother me, but I can see why some people don't like it. I love the update they gave his armor, but not as fond of their update to Durandal. Brave Roy's looks so much nicer IMO.

22 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I like vibrant colors, but the realism feels off with the rest of the game. I don't mind the artwork on their own, but in the context of the game they feel so off it pulls me out of the game. Clarisse isn't what I'd consider "awful", but the wild hair against those tiny eyes and the nose too far down just bothers me. But art is entirely subjective—my entire job revolves around artistic decisions so I know how subjective it can get when you're debating designs. And I also dislike Lissa/Sophia/Selena soooo.... XD 

When it comes to the artwork in this game, I'd say I personally like about a third of the artwork, so if that says anything about how particular I am I don't know what does. Either way, I just hope they give him a normal looking artist/look that doesn't feel too off from the characters I like.

And also hope he doesn't have one abysmally low stat. A decent stat spread (or just a good personal weapon) is all I can hope for. Maybe we'll see a unique skill on him!

1 minute ago, Sunsurge said:

I like vibrant colors, but the realism feels off with the rest of the game. I don't mind the artwork on their own, but in the context of the game they feel so off it pulls me out of the game. Clarisse isn't what I'd consider "awful", but the wild hair against those tiny eyes and the nose too far down just bothers me. But art is entirely subjective—my entire job revolves around artistic decisions so I know how subjective it can get when you're debating designs. And I also dislike Lissa/Sophia/Selena soooo.... XD 

When it comes to the artwork in this game, I'd say I personally like about a third of the artwork, so if that says anything about how particular I am I don't know what does. Either way, I just hope they give him a normal looking artist/look that doesn't feel too off from the characters I like.

And also hope he doesn't have one abysmally low stat. A decent stat spread (or just a good personal weapon) is all I can hope for. Maybe we'll see a unique skill on him!

He'll be slow, that's for sure. But his def and res were basically the same and quite high too.

Wow, the longest gap between GHBs yet and then the shortest. I thought Lyon was probably still a ways off, but I'm really glad to be wrong. He's one of my favorite FE villains, and I've been looking forward to him for a long time.

Myrrh does seem like a top candidate for the banner. She has a lot of potential ways to stand out: I think she'll be the second green dragon after way too long and first flying dragon, and probably have one of the missing "dragon buff" skills too. Wouldn't be surprised if she also gets a legendary breath attack for good measure. Man, am I going to have to pull from another regular banner this soon? Micaiah already put enough of a dent in the orbs I was saving up for upcoming seasonals and legendary heroes. At least the next seasonal banner (Valentine's Day, probably) is a full month rather than being short like the Christmas one, so I guess it's not too immediate of a concern. And legendary heroes aren't too big of a hurry because of how frequently they get rerun, so missing the first chance at a cool one isn't too bad either.

11 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Gimme powercreeped Sophia plz. 

15 speed, bonus BST, even defences, unique tome. 

Probably won't be that great sadly, but Lyon is a favourite of mine.

QR and CC makes him basically Christmas Tharja who can be a PITA. He'd just have to settle for Moonbow, run the Heavy Blade seal, or rely on the enemy doubling for 3 charge specials if he wasn't armored.

Edited by bottlegnomes

4 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Hopefully L'Arachel is coming too! (As a green mage knight please)

Personally I'm hoping she's a red mage knight, since Leo is lonely (and we got Gunnthra recently as a second green mage knight ingame). Alternatively I'd be totally ok with a boosted-bst troubadour with superior offenses or defenses compared to Elise or Clarine.

My heart is screaming with Archanea bias that we're getting Lyon before Hardin, but my mind is telling me to be happy for all the Lyon fans.

Can I at least get Artur and Natasha out of this? Pretty please?

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I love the update they gave his armor, but not as fond of their update to Durandal.

I don't think "update" is an accurate word for this. I don't consider any of the Heroes (or Cipher) art to be considered canon in terms of character design. The artists are free to take their own liberties to add flourishes and extra detail where they want to make the art more interesting.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think "update" is an accurate word for this. I don't consider any of the Heroes (or Cipher) art to be considered canon in terms of character design. The artists are free to take their own liberties to add flourishes and extra detail where they want to make the art more interesting.

Interpretation would probably be more accurate for what I meant.

Let's hope some are updates because whew were some old ones bad.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

Well, You can always just look up a F2P unit tutorial, they are usually up on YouTube the day the GHBs arrive, so I'm not so worried about it. :D

Those don't usually help me, I rarely have the heroes they use or the skills or anything like that.