Grand Hero Battle: Lyon

RandomSwordmaster

15 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Red has been associated with Dark and Fire, and Blue with Light and Ice, but Green has been Wind and what else? Maybe they can make Green both partially light and dark magic, who knows. (I think maybe the Spectral Tome and Naga could be examples?) Also key word, "hope". Although I agree we need more Red Tomes (just not on Lyon please).

Pretty sure Naga's just a weird light tome. Spectral Tome and Veronica's personal weapon would be examples of dark green magic.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Pretty sure Naga's just a weird light tome. Spectral Tome and Veronica's personal weapon would be examples of dark green magic.

Since Naga in FE4 summons a visage of Naga, and Loptyr summons a visage of Loptyr, perhaps Julius would be Green Tome Infantry. It'd help to keep us from having too many Red Tome Infantry villains.

I'm a bit curious about Lyon's speed when he's playable. Sure he had 15/16 points of speed in Sacred Stones , which is decent. But Naglfar weighted 3 times more than his constitution, making him able to be easily be doubled. I wonder if that will translated over to Heroes.

I really hope they do something special with his weapon and make it inheritable and upgradable like they did with Berkut. I'd personally love an innate DD3 on a red tome, since he has pretty good overall defenses for a magic-using unit, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for something like that just yet. It's only 4 days away, so we'll see soon enough :)

I'd be fine with making Lyon a tank mage, all of the evil sorcerer villains tend to have high physical bulk, precisely because you'll be fighting them with mostly physical characters in all likelihood.

Could he have an exclusive Skill called Dark Stone please? For he carries that with him everywhere in SS (or rather it carries him around).

1 hour ago, Dizii said:

I really hope they do something special with his weapon and make it inheritable and upgradable like they did with Berkut.

Strangely, perhaps owing to being obtainable in Creature Campaign, Naglfar isn't personally locked to Lyon, it is just S Rank Dark, although the same could be said of Audhulma and Gradivus, and look at how they turned out.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Strangely, perhaps owing to being obtainable in Creature Campaign, Naglfar isn't personally locked to Lyon, it is just S Rank Dark, although the same could be said of Audhulma and Gradivus, and look at how they turned out.

I mean, Berkut's unique lance in the end-game wasn't even used, they just gave him "Berkut's Lance" since they had no other ideas quite frankly. Even the name given to it would make you assume it was non-inheritable. Chances are it's gonna be like how they did with Arvis and make it non-inheritable (the closest comparison I can make). I have no clue what the innate ability is going to be, and noone else should either except for the devs, since they don't really translate game mechanics into the skills. The only thing we do have a good idea is with his stats, as IS has shown us to be fairly true to the characters in their stat spreads. 

Wishful thinking never hurt anyone though :):

On 1/19/2018 at 5:21 PM, Kaden said:

I don't think Eirika says Ephraim's name in the Japanese version from checking her quotes page on Gamepedia.

It doesn't matter that she doesn't say his name in the Japanese version because Japanese pronunciation is pretty much deterministic. You can copy-paste his Japanese name (エフラム) into Google Translate and hit the button that pronounces what you entered to hear what it sounds like (I can vouch it's sufficiently accurate).

23 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Red has been associated with Dark and Fire, and Blue with Light and Ice, but Green has been Wind and what else? Maybe they can make Green both partially light and dark magic, who knows. (I think maybe the Spectral Tome and Naga could be examples?) Also key word, "hope". Although I agree we need more Red Tomes (just not on Lyon please).

23 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Green is wind, divine dragons, and green gooey things.

I don't think Elivagar has been confirmed to be dark magic. As far as we know, it's just green magic. Heck, all of the non-seasonal (plus a few seasonal) tomes that are original to Heroes literally have their type determined by what color they are.

1 hour ago, Dizii said:

I mean, Berkut's unique lance in the end-game wasn't even used, they just gave him "Berkut's Lance" since they had no other ideas quite frankly. Even the name given to it would make you assume it was non-inheritable.

My assumption is that Berkut had Berkut's Lance because he was not in his evil form and therefore shouldn't have Kriemkild. However, they did give Berkut's Lance a piece of Kriemhild's effect, specifically the boost to Res.

1 hour ago, Dizii said:

Chances are it's gonna be like how they did with Arvis and make it non-inheritable (the closest comparison I can make).

Given that every legendary-tier weapon in Heroes is uninheritable regardless of how it was in its original game, it's pretty much certain that if Lyon has Naglfar, it'll be uninheritable.

The only way Lyon would come with an inheritable weapon would be if his weapon weren't Naglfar.

1 hour ago, Dizii said:

I have no clue what the innate ability is going to be, and noone else should either except for the devs, since they don't really translate game mechanics into the skills.

Very few weapons in Heroes have effects that aren't directly related to an effect on the weapons in their source games (excluding weapons that didn't have special effects in their source games, like Aura or Peshkatz).

Of course, because Naglfar didn't have any special effects at all (other than its stats of being stronger than Gleipnir, more accurate than Gleipnir, and lighter than Gleipnir and having more durability than Gleipnir), this time, it's completely up in the air what effect it will have.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Green is wind, divine dragons, and green gooey things.

I don't think Elivagar has been confirmed to be dark magic. As far as we know, it's just green magic. Heck, all of the non-seasonal (plus a few seasonal) tomes that are original to Heroes literally have their type determined by what color they are.

True. I always just took them to be dark since gross things are usually associated with dark magic in FE, like slime/mire.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Of course, because Naglfar didn't have any special effects at all (other than its stats of being stronger than Gleipnir, more accurate than Gleipnir, and lighter than Gleipnir and having more durability than Gleipnir), this time, it's completely up in the air what effect it will have.

Because it is lighter and helped with the follow up mechanic, I predict a +SPD or just straight up Follow-up effect.

3 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Because it is lighter and helped with the follow up mechanic, I predict a +SPD or just straight up Follow-up effect.

Yes, 18 weight is lighter than 20 weight, but 18 weight is still 10 points higher than the highest base Con stat among promoted dark magic users. It's like saying I should get a boost to Spd because I'm trying to throw a car at you instead of a van.

I think it would be quite nice to just make him an armored red mage. We did just get C! Tharja. But Lyon is gonna be slow as fuck (you already know) So might as well crank his def and res up and give him some dope armor emblem synergy. He would be a nice alternative to C! Tharja as well

Also instead of giving him random mooks for allies on his map. Give him random monsters, heck.. That would be the coolest update that will never happy ever. Red Entombed when?

Edited by Tsak

Well, I see the schedule, and see the valter rerun, and just think, shoot, I've already cleared all those, and then see Lyon coming up, and try not to squeal from sheer delight. Lyon is easily one of the best developed characters in fe, hero or villain. Just looking through the comments for this already, I agree with the idea he will be a bit bulkier, if slower. An idea I think would be interesting for his unique time, is def\res +3 SPD -5, and possibly something like atk or panic ploy built in. Is seems very overly optimistic, but hey, a guy can dream right. Another thing I like is having his standing and normal atk art with him as Lyon, while his special and injured look more like him possessed. Now, of you have read to the bottom of this comment, congragulations, and have fun. =P

Edited by Jutsin17
Didn't quite finish

Lyon's 5* lv. 40 stats have been datamined. And he's a red mage.

Spoiler

41 HP
34 Atk
21 Spd
26 Def
30 Res

152 BST

He'd probably want Bowbreaker if you want him to fight Brave Lady Lyn.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Spoiler
On 1/19/2018 at 2:20 AM, Tybrosion said:

hopefully Lyon will have Oliver-tier speed

Only one point higher than Oliver’s, so I was actually on-point for once! Though given that Lyon has more balanced defenses than Oliver, the former will probably prove to be a better -Raven mage than the latter. Having a 14 Mt -Raven tome by default certainly helps.

Spoiler

Love his art but those stats... He's like a slightly tweaked Sophia with only a stronger Raven tome to set him apart, and no variable nature to take advantage of.

I want to make him the strongest he can be. What should his build be? TA3/Bowbreaker/support/Distant Def? Or maybe use Swordbreaker and QR seal for more coverage?

I'm pretty satisfied with Lyon's stats. I was planning on building a Sophia sometime but Lyon just saved me quite a few feathers. Dumping speed for bulk was probably the best route to take to give him a niche.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:
  Hide contents

Love his art but those stats... He's like a slightly tweaked Sophia with only a stronger Raven tome to set him apart, and no variable nature to take advantage of.

I want to make him the strongest he can be. What should his build be? TA3/Bowbreaker/support/Distant Def? Or maybe use Swordbreaker and QR seal for more coverage?

TA3/Bowbreaker/Distant Def hard counters a +10 Merge/+Atk/Brave Bow+/Death Blow 3/Full Horse Buffed Brave Lyn. So, if you want to use him as a Brave Lyn Counter, he is pretty good!

As with other Low spd mages, Desperation/Brash Assault would do well. Swordbreaker doesn't help in the enemy phase(If you want to use QR Seal) unless you give him Close Counter.