Grand Hero Battle: Lyon

RandomSwordmaster

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to do it with my usual Reinhardt+Cherche team set up, but I was quickly overwhelmed. Tried it again with Flier emblem and it was much easier. Corrin took care of the sword wyvern and Lyon and Cherche got rid of the blue Manakete on turn 1, which made the rest of the map much easier to handle.

Cleared all difficulties on less than a single stamina bar using Flier Emblem.

+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura: +Spd Hagoita, Moonbow, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3
+Def/-Spd Elincia: Reposition, Moonbow, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers
5* +Atk/-Spd Cherche: Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers
Neutral Summer Corrin: Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Iote's Shield

Getting rid of the Zanbato+ flier and Lyon comes first and then, it's just focusing on the left side and taking out the enemies as they come. Quite a variety of different weapons (seen anti cavalry and anti armored weapons as well as a Guard Bow and a Firesweep Sword being used by the AI). Corrin and Azura obviously carried though Elincia and Cherche scored some kills as well (ie. Elincia KO'd the Firesweep Sword cavalier and Cherche KO'd the axe knight).

Edited by Roflolxp54

So apparently the reinforcements work like Legion's map; killing one of the starting enemies triggers a set of reinforcements. On my first attempt, I got three kills in turn 1, which spawned a ton of reinforcements. There might be some time-based reinforcements as well, but I'm not 100%.

However, killing only Lyon on turn 1 doesn't spawn anything. Use this to your advantage and see if you can mop up everyone else on turn 2.

Starting Sword Dragoon seems to trigger Sword Knight and Green Mage Cav.

Green Manakete triggers Bow Knight and Lance Dragoon.

Blue Manakete triggers Axe Pegasus and Sword Cav.

Lance Cav triggers Axe Knight.

It's possible that some of these triggers overlap, but I'll have to keep testing.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I'm sorry, what's a -raven tome again? Clarisse doesn't seem to mind it, whatever it is.
image.png?width=381&height=676image.png?width=381&height=676

I finished Infernal twice: first time, Tiki got the kill on Lyon, and I was pretty happy... but then I decided that it would be more fun if Clarisse got the kill instead. She could do about 40 damage to him with that Special active, but with Ninian and her refined Light Breath+ attacking him first (and Tiki with Swap to save her after), destroying him and then tanking the bow night was a simple task.

...Although I do feel a little bad for him, since I plan to actually promote and use him, so... sorry, Lyon. I'll give you a fresh new Roy to make up for it, as soon as I get Marisa to +1 first.

Horsed through Infernal after several attempts. Had to give Xander GTB in addition to the Close Def 3 seal, because otherwise the green wolf cav meant certain death to abyone of my squad of Xander, Cecilia+1, Reinhardt+2, and Lyn.

Edited by Vaximillian

Wow, this one is kicking my ass. Even Lunatic took me a few tries, and I haven't gotten Infernal yet. I know I can, just need to figure it out.

Feels good, honestly. The last few GHBs and BHBs were a breeze.

Like Roflol, Flier Emblem did the heavy lifting for me this time out and I got all difficulties done within a stamina bar, though just barely since I initially tried using Armors (Black Knight, ToD!Henry, ToD!Jakob) + Fjorm for Infernal. 

Team

Spoiler

ToD!Nowi (+Atk/-Res): Grimoire, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Atk/Res Bond 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Fliers, S Support with NS!Corrin
NS!Corrin (+Spd/-Atk): Blarblade+, Reposition, Moonbow, Life and Death 2, Desperation 3, Fortify Fliers, S Support with ToD!Nowi
SF!Camilla (+Res/-Def): Gronnblade+, Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Fortify Fliers, Brash Assault 3
Hinoka (+Def/-HP): Brave Lance+, Reposition, Blazing Wind, Death Blow 2, nothing (initially Hit and Run but removed it after it screwed me over on my first attempt with the fliers), Hone Fliers

Now comes the question of whether or not to finally give Nowi Rawrblade+ as Infernal put me back up to 20k feathers. Spoilers: I'm almost certainly going to put it off again for no real reason because I work in mysterious and stupid ways.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's amazing how they've been trying to balance against Armors and Horses but always let fliers dominate.

Probably because flier buffs (only Goad and Fortify are available from units that can be pulled at 3-4*) are not very accessible to many players whereas several Horse buffs (Fortify, Hone, Ward) and Armor buffs (Fortify, Hone, Ward) are available among units that can be pulled at 3-4*.

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Probably because flier buffs (only Goad and Fortify are available from units that can be pulled at 3-4*) are not very accessible to many players whereas several Horse buffs (Fortify, Hone, Ward) and Armor buffs (Fortify, Hone, Ward) are available among units that can be pulled at 3-4*.

Quad Goad setup is already stupidly broken, and people are currently cheesing this GHB with melee fliers and Quad Goad. Hone Fliers just locks you from using Blade tome fliers, who make this even easier for fliers if you have Summer Corrin.

I've been trying to hash out an infantry only clear. Still working on it.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Tested the waters with Flier Emblem on Lunatic and as per the common sentiment above, it turned the map into a cakewalk. Unsurprisingly Spring Corrin did the bulk of the work, with Elincia, Hinoka and Airzura doing cleanup as per WTA as required.

Normally I'd wait to do Infernal but felt pretty confident after that, and so it proved: same strategy and same result, first try both times. With the advent of the Airzura age, Flier Emblem is my clear best team for difficult content now.

Barracks is absolutely packed so I'm leaving the hard version alone, I won't need a second Lyon, let alone a third.

Edited by Humanoid

Flier Emblem makes it easy so I decided against it during the infernal map.

Worst.Decision.Ever.

I wasted like 3 stamina pots trying to see what kind of combo of units would work best. Turns out double Eirika did the trick with Airzura being the dancer thanks to her mobility and Nino kicking ass with Blade buffs. Eirikalter did an incredible amount of lifting (she left Lyon almost dead for OG Eirika to get the kill, then she started anhilitating mages, armors and basically every single thing on her path).

cleared lunatic on first try with clair BIke Saizo and Gunthra 

infernal took 3 trys only but managed everything

Now after work with Askrtrio

Lunatic was done after turn2 surprisingly

Edited by Hilda

Somehow managed Lunatic with my arena team (Leon, Spring Camilla, Azura, and Zelgius).  Turns out Zelgius can easily tank Lyon, which made the rest of the map a lot less frustrating.

I have a bunch of cool fliers, so let's see if I can murder Lyon on turn 1 in Infernal.