Grand Hero Battle: Lyon

RandomSwordmaster

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Falchion users can heal people and kill stuff.

Arvis can heal people and kill stuff.

I want to ftfy this so bad

Arvis will kill many things with base 31 speed, and all that amazing attack. Honestly who even cares about Falchion healers anymore!

I think you meant to say:

Falchion users can heal people and kill stuff.

Arvis can heal people and do okay-ish damage but doesnt always kill that many things because he is a slug.

Both can heal really well but only a falchion can somewhat reliably take care of green units, meanwhile Arvis is just wishy washy

Anyhow

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I think I've heard of him. But I already found a way to win the map, so yeah. Still, I'll consider him for future GHBS and stuff.

Ana that same video you followed was from him! lol I know his F2P strats are nice so I checked that out, and that's what I gave you ~

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I want to ftfy this so bad

Arvis will kill many things with base 31 speed, and all that amazing attack. Honestly who even cares about Falchion healers anymore!

I think you meant to say:

Both can heal really well but only a falchion can somewhat reliably take care of green units, meanwhile Arvis is just wishy washy

Anyhow

Ana that same video you followed was from him! lol I know his F2P strats are nice so I checked that out, and that's what I gave you ~

Arvis doesnt need to lift a finger when his wife Gunnthra is with him. He just sits on his throne and watches everyone get rekt by his wife due to his fourfold debuff mastery.
Occasionally he hugs Gunnthra and gives her his affection in the form of Reciprocal Aid, or burns the enemys alive if they dare to outlive his waifu Gunnthra!

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Arvis doesnt need to lift a finger when his wife Gunnthra is with him. He just sits on his throne and watches everyone get rekt by his wife due to his fourfold debuff mastery.
Occasionally he hugs Gunnthra and gives her his affection in the form of Reciprocal Aid, or burns the enemys alive if they dare to outlive his waifu Gunnthra!

Well TIL Arvis x Gunnthra is a thing!

Very ironic, a person with a flame tome with a person who has an ice tome :o:

Just now, Arcanite said:

Well TIL Arvis x Gunnthra is a thing!

Very ironic, a person with a flame tome with a person who has an ice tome :o:

Opposites attract, yo!

Thanks to a certain someone, I will see if I can replicate a certain strategy.  It looks like i have 3/4 of the requisite pieces.  Just gotta get creative for that final one!

My usual Narcian/Hinoka/Caeda/Shanna squad was able to clear it, but it wasn't worth recording this time on account of having to take many turns poking the last Axe Knight with Firesweep Lance since Caeda had taken too much of a beating.  I doubt anyone wants to see that.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

their passion for each other melt them together perfectly!

Steaming hot love ~

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Opposites attract, yo!

Thanks to a certain someone, I will see if I can replicate a certain strategy.  It looks like i have 3/4 of the requisite pieces.  Just gotta get creative for that final one!

This is very true :thinking:

I sure hope it's my strat

I'm going to use Pheonixmaster1's strategy because I don't have the patience to experiment with this anymore. Don't have a 5-star Arvis, so I decided to substitute Celica in his place. That said, apparently there was an AI behavior difference that I witnessed ... likely caused by Celica having lower defenses than Olivia so the blue manakete decides to chase her instead. Quite interesting.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I sure hope it's my strat

Here's the outline I saw in the video I used:

- Archer
- Dancer
- Falchion
- Blue mage

If there's an archer, I'm using Leon.  I had a bunch of dancers, and any of them would've worked, but for the sake of colors, I went with PA!Azura.  My Falchion was a Lucina with Fury and Shove.  The blue mage was the difficult one - my Reinhardt isn't ready for such shenanigans, Ursula doesn't want anything to do with this map, and everyone else had questionable banes.  I settled on Spring Lucina, who is -Atk (but has Swift Sparrow to make up for it).

Leon did most of the heavy lifting - with a dance, he could take out anyone not named Lyon.  Spring Lucina baited Lyon and killed him.  Lucina OHKO'd the green dragon and tanked the Firesweep guy.  Azura sang like crazy.

Shove was the MVP skill - without it, I wouldn't have been able to execute one of my turns.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Here's the outline I saw in the video I used:

- Archer
- Dancer
- Falchion
- Blue mage

Aw geez you've mentioned my strat now I have to show it here or something :P

Editing is for chumps, and so is using popular units!

37 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh, really? I didn't notice. lol

Okay, so, I beat it using a variation of PM1's strategy. Even after I modified Celica's skills so that she had higher defensive stats than Olivia, it was still causing the AI to behave weirdly. I inherited mirror strike 2 on my Arvis from a spare Oliver some time back, so I decided to just give him attack+3 seal (Olivia had hone speed seal leveled up all the way so it made up the speed deficit). For the most part, it worked ... except for the part where the green cavalier wanted to attack Arvis instead of Fjorm. But by that time most things were dead so I just skirted around and managed to beat the match anyway.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I forgot how cool your Clarisse is. 

Thanks! I'm still working on a more unique build for her using her own bow (which I should probably post in the Biggest Projects thread, actually), but she can certainly put in great work with the classic Brave Bow kit.

Actually... Hm, I wonder if I could make this clear work with that other Clarisse build I had in mind... I may be returning here later with another Clarisse video soon ;)

This one was pretty tricky until I realized the reinforcements were triggered by certain unit deaths (a rare case where killing too many units in round 1 made things harder); after that my flier emblem team (Elincia, Airzura, Tana, and Nowi) had no problems. 

Of course, it took me like two stamina bottles to realize that but still (and I now despise those armor units and like half of the Calvary reinforcements)

I used my Flier Emblem team of SCorrin, SCamilla, Hinoka, and Elincia.  It took a few tries, but I managed to get it after getting the initial positioning down.

I just used the usual suspects, Katarina, Nephenee, Inigo, Legion, I was using Minerva but she was letting the team down 
To the person above me: NO

Edited by Mackc2

2 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Did anyone find this GHB to be easier than the last one?

Was going to say nah, but after thinking back on it, actually yeah. Oliver's took me I think 5 tries for Infernal; this took 2. It kept me on the edge of my seat for a bit, though, so I'd say still harder than Arvis's.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This was a lot of fun. I didn't really want to use more than one mage, so I busted out the CC Merric to fill two roles @Rezzy. Kagerou as usual.

Cool!  Funny thing, I saw a Merric Emblem team in Arena Assault last week.  I meant to take a screenshot, but I forgot, sadly.